[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So lets say someone in Shadowrun invented the mediguns and their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: E.jpg (176 KB, 1121x1236) Image search: [Google]
E.jpg
176 KB, 1121x1236
So lets say someone in Shadowrun invented the mediguns and their respective ÜberCharges, as well as Über canteens. Would they be any good in Shadowrun's setting? How valuable would they be?
>>
'Uber' and overhealing are such weird, 'gamey' concepts that they wouldn't fit in Shadowrun, IMO. You're just invincible/overhealthy because Science.

If you strip those off of a medigun, though, you're left with just a short-ranged stream of constant healing, which is basically the same thing as a Savior Medkit nano-injection, but giant and obvious, so it wouldn't be very valuable.
>>
>>43506521
Do you forget that the medigun has revived people from the dead in MvM? (Possibly because their brains are still alive.)
>>
>>43506521
Uber is dicey but the overhealing could just fluffed as being so full of painkilling stimulants or medical nanites or other si-fi medical thingamagigs that you shrug off a couple shots before even feeling them.
>>
I don't think they'd be that useful in a setting with actual healing magic. Runs don't really last long enough for it to need an infinite source of healing, and if you need to get past someone checking for magic then they'd see the huge piece of equipment.
>>
>>43506661
>Über is dicey.
Agreeable, but you can also say that your being pumped so full of medic juice that you become as fucking invincible as Sundowner, because you are just healing too damn fast.
>>
>>43506338
Squirt guns shooting toxins used to be bretty good in Shadowrun.
>>
>>43506521
>>Hurr if you take away all the positive qualities from something its shit~
>>
>>43506771
They're good at reviving things though, as long as you have that box thing medic was using in MvM.
Not to mention the shield it can put up that blocks literally anything coming at it, and harms people trying to go in for melee (It vaporized robots the second they touched it in the trailer.).
It would be seen as a magic alternative.
>>
>>43506338
That concept art is the original copy that the artist. I know who you are..
>>
>>43506771
Its an endless stream of healing and defence for an entire crew you can use even if you are a skip away from being a cyberzombie, think about it for a second.
>>
>>43506924
This, we also see in MvM that it can either heal robotic augmentations (Robots use mediguns.) or can be modified to do so (Albeit with graymann level knowledge, but I imagine at least one dragon made a new form of algebra while in the womb.).
>>
File: No fun allowed, ever.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
No fun allowed, ever.jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
Bump.
What about pic related?
>>
>tfw the inventor of the savior medkit probably lost his medical license
>>
>>43506924
Oh yeah, I forgot how magic decides to dick over cyborgs at every possible opportunity, instead of just doing more like it does with the other kinds of spells.
>>
>>43506661
The Quick-fix Uber would probably work fine, as that's basically overcharging the healing effect.

Still, it does make you a very obvious target.
>>
>Übers can't be used because it doesn't fit with Shadowrun.
Why? OP said that it was invented, including Über canteens so that means it will have it anyway.
>>
File: 1350409310031.png (251 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
1350409310031.png
251 KB, 1190x906
>>43506521
>Without the ubercharging and overhealing, the medigun is shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz5BU44_h74
Video related.
>>
>>43506338
Fuck you, OP
>>
>>43506521
I dunno, something of that nature almost makes sense - they're healing so quickly that they can practically shrug off most damage because it's repaired too quickly. Maybe they're just at a far higher concentration of nanomachines than usual, or with the power stream from the "gun" at a constant high level the nanomachines can afford far more activity than usual, or something of that nature.

I mean, you can't make them _invincible_, but you could justify making them incredibly hard to kill.

So "ubercharging" becomes "We are pushing this advanced medical technology way harder than it was ever meant to go, and this is probably horribly unsafe in the long term, but meanwhile you can tell bullets to fuck themselves because we can patch the holes almost as fast as they can shoot you."

Since the big problem for nanomachines is where they get a power supply from and how they are controlled, the "Medigun" would be some kind of nanite injector that provided both power and precise full-body coordination through electromagnetic fields, projected into specific three-dimensional patterns using an RF equivalent of holographic technology. This means that the nanites can carry out far more sophisticated behavior requiring much more drastic activity, while simultaneously being substantially cheaper, but also means that they need a relatively large external power source and coordinating computer rather than being able to act on their own.
>>
>>43513555
The problem is that you don't need a medigun to do that with nanites in SR.

>Hard nanites use conductive tissue and other surfaces and UV radiation to communicate.

>Hard nanohives are able to communicate and direct the actions of nanoware via shortrange ultrasound, microwave, or UV signals using the nanites themselves as relays.

As long as you can do that through someone's body (and you can, even without a nanohive), they can be coordinated and concentrated.
>>
I could see it as some sort of magitech, a 'gun' full of positively aspected mana flowering bacteria maybe?

In any case, the use is kind of dubious cause magic can do that already, but if anyone can use it its basically a revolutionary system

Which means the corps will crush it.
>>
>>43515647
>>Implying Mann Co is not the corp that distributed it
>>
>>43510038
And THAT is why you ALWAYS geek the Mage first.
>>
>>43506661
Yeah, you can definitely make it work.
>>
>>43516638
>Saxton Hale, dragon and gets in fights with other dragons.
>Will probably snap your neck if you get to close to his steak.
>>
>>43515647
Not unless a powerful dragon like Lofty gets his hands on it, because then he can pretty much sell it for a king's ransom and tell all other medical based corps to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>43520834
Yeah.
I could see Saxton Hale wrasslin a dragon, perhaps during a meeting.
>>
File: im-scared.jpg.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
im-scared.jpg.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
>>43522623
Nobody would know whether to be more fearful of the dragon or Hale.
>>
>>43506338
Even if they invented mediguns, wouldn't runners who want to have it used on them need to replace their hearts with something stronger, such as the baboon heart that everyone in TF2 has?
>>
>>43522998
Yeah to use the uber function specifically you would have to do that, though you can still be healed without that seeing as to perform the surgery to replace the team members hearts with the super baboon hearts involved removing theirs and keeping them alive under a mounted medgun
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.