[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the Warmaster of Chaos is the former First Captain of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: First_Cpt._Abaddon_Justaerin.jpg (55 KB, 837x854) Image search: [Google]
First_Cpt._Abaddon_Justaerin.jpg
55 KB, 837x854
>the Warmaster of Chaos is the former First Captain of the SoH legion instead of one of the remaining traitor Primarchs

Why is this allowed?
>>
Because that's how GW designed their game. If you don't like it, play something else, faggotron.
>>
>>43500689
Primarchs were inherently flawed creations.
>>
>>43500689
Primarchs are too busy being demons.
>>
>>43500689
The first of the many, many reasons is that he doesn't have to wait for some fucker to summon him if he wants to walk in the materium

The second is that, of all the warlords, demon princes and primarchs (even Lorgar) he has the most followers and allies than anyone else
>>
>>43500749

Or being nuts, or being dead/only mostly dead/ "missing in action"
>>
>>43500689
Daemon Primarchs don't really give a fuck about fighting the Imperium (with the exception of Angron, who just want to kill anything and everything, but he hardly has the presence of mind to act as a Warmaster).
Perturabo is busy building fortifications on his daemon world, like he always wanted.
Fulgrim has a planet of infinite cocaine and blowjobws, and understandably doesn't want to leave there to lead any Black Crusades.
Mortarion is sitting around ruling the recreation of his former homeworld (infact Typhus got pissed off becase he wasn't doing anything, and took a large part of his legion to spread the gifts of Nurgle).
Magnus has his planet of sorcerers, and also apparently got broken into shards that reflect different parts of his psyche. Some part of him may want to take revenge on the Imperium, but is too busy fighting the part of him that wants to stop himself doing that.
Lorgar's been spending the last 10 000 years working on his new book, but doesn't seem to have made any progress. In any case he's too busy to do any warmastering.

Abbadon is the most powerful person around that has the desire and the means to act as the Warmaster. Plus, there's also the thign that summoning a Daemon Primarch is very difficult, so they can't really be leading their forces directly in most cases (during the first war of Armageddon, Angron could only remain in the materium by having his followers build a bunch of monoliths that channeled warp energy to his corporeal form. Once the monoliths were destroyed, he was banished back into the warp).
>>
>>43500689 (OP)

Chaos already has the primarchs, they are all deamon princes, Abaddon is not, Chaos wants what it can't have and Abaddon is being a fucking cocktease about it.
>>
>>43500689
>Why is this allowed?

The Primarchs are weaklings.
Look at Mortarion, he was defeated by Draigo in a single blow.
Look at Magnus, Khayon broke him.
>>
>the Primarchs spent their life overworking themselves for an ungrateful Daddy

To them, fucking around aimlessly on the Daemon World equivalent of a bachelor pad must be paradise.
>>
>>43501763
>Khayon

Who?
>>
>>43501518
>orgar's been spending the last 10 000 years working on his new book, but doesn't seem to have made any progress. In any case he's too busy to do any warmastering.
Can you imagine the waiting lines when that book gets published?
There are talks already about turning it ito a movie.
>>
>>43500689
Have a failure of a Captain lead a failure of a Black Legion?

Besides, we all know the most damage caused by Chaos post HH is Magnus wrecking Space Wolves planet and Doombreed + World Eaters downing two Space Marine Chapters. Both independent of Black Legion bullshit, both much more successful.
>>
File: Kharn1a.jpg (108 KB, 739x544) Image search: [Google]
Kharn1a.jpg
108 KB, 739x544
>>43500689
You're right, we need a guy who gets shit done to be warmaster. I vote for Kharn. He'd take out cadia by crashing his flagship into the capital city.
>>
>>43502733

Hell of a guy.
>>
File: 1438680935861.png (521 KB, 688x526) Image search: [Google]
1438680935861.png
521 KB, 688x526
>>43502396

>both much more successful.
>>
>>43500689
Primarchs don't give a fuck any more. Abaddon is in charge because he still cares about fighting the Long War.
>>
>>43500737
Primarchs were a mistake.
>>
>>43502396
Abbadon and Khorne Zerkers killed 95% of the Blood Angels chapter.
>>
>>43502733
Wouldn't work. Cadia is too well protected by void shields and defence lasers that anything like that would fail. Besides, they want the place intact as a beach head, or as intact as possible.
>>
>>43502300
>Coming to theaters in fall 999.M42: Lorgan Aurelian's "Lectio Divinatus 2: How I learned to despise the False Emperor and love the Dark Gods". Tickets availeable for pre-order.
>>
>>43500689
>pic

Jesus. Poor bastard looks like Marilyn Manson
>>
>>43503292
>Wouldn't work
Not with that attitude it won't. What are you, some kind of faggot?
>>
>>43502300

definitely waiting for the movie. If my mind is going to be shattered into 4,443 fragments by intolerable truths of the universe, I want Chris Pratt to be it it at least.
>>
>>43500689
Because nobody can retrieve Horus from where the Emperor sent him, unless Ork Looters somehow manage to loot Horus, or the Bloody Magpies somehow get him as a "gift"
>>
>>43503458
This guy, my kind of guy
>>
>>43501923
DA KINGBREAKER
>>
File: 1421614749651.jpg (70 KB, 486x653) Image search: [Google]
1421614749651.jpg
70 KB, 486x653
>>43501518
That said - what was the point of granting them powers of daemonhood?
They aren't useful as bringers of the will of their respective gods anymore.
Can't leave immaterium, want only to indulge in personal activities, are completely mad.
I mean, from the perspective of primarchs themselves that is cool, they got what they wanted. But why would chaos gods grant them any powers if they knew those fuckers would just sit on their assess?
>>
>>43504258

Because it ties the Primarchs closer to them.

Also for the respective god aligned Primarchs, the Chaos gods care most about the Great Game of which the Primarchs likely play a part.
>>
>>43501518
>, and also apparently got broken into shards that reflect different parts of his psyche
>>43501763
>Look at Magnus, Khayon broke him.
Is that canon? I can't find anything about it on lexicanum or the wiki
>>
Because GW (post-epic, pre-5th edition) didn't want the Primarch's in the setting at all, even the traitor ones.
>>
>>43504403

I think it was in a recent BL book, so it's tentatively canon. I say tentatively because GW can always turn around and decide they don't like such an idea.
>>
>>43503067
It's true. Tell me what Abaddon has done that comes close to what either of those two have.

>>43503259
>95%
you pulled that number out of your ass we know that it's an unknown number of Blood Angels, and he used mostly Khorne Zerkers to achieve that. Even if he did kill 95% of a chapter, Doombreed has killed to whole chapters and wiped them off the face of the universe.
>>
File: download.jpg (71 KB, 491x480) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
71 KB, 491x480
>>43503458
If only more WE were around to GET SHIT DONE... Chaos got fucked up with losers like Abaddon and faggots like the emprahs kids.
>>
>>43504925
World Eaters probably get the most shit done in Chaos tied with Thousand Sons and Iron Warriors. Gotta have Angron or Doombreed lead though not Kharn.
>>
>>43504913

>It's true. Tell me what Abaddon has done that comes close to what either of those two have.

The Black Crusades

Magnus' attack on Fenris isn't bad, but smashing two no name SM Chapters is honestly nothing considering GW has thrown SM Chapters under the bus against Tyranids or Grukk's Waagh!
>>
>>43504403
Khayon wasn't what broke him. He's been broken since the first casting of the rubric. What Khayon dealt with is completely unknown at this point.
>>
>>43501518

>Lorgar's been spending the last 10 000 years working on his new book, but doesn't seem to have made any progress

He must be the GRRM of 40k
>>
>>43504310
Indeed. Chaos Gods themselves don't really care that much about destroying the Imperium. They're primarily concerned with besting each other.
They teamed up to cause the Horus Heresy because the Emperor succeeding in his Great Crusade would have been very bad for them, but the current state of the Imperium (slowly falling apart and serving as a fertile breeding ground for Chaos cults) suits their needs just fine.
>>
>>43504988
Black Crusades? You mean the ones that have failed miserably? If Magnus or Doombreed attacked Cadia that many times with a force of Thousand Sons/World Eaters respectively it would be wiped the fuck out.
>>
>>43505870
>You mean the ones that have failed miserably?

Except that didn't happen. As in, word-of-god, from-GW's-mouth, canon didn't happen. The Crusades were a success, because the Crusades were launched with specific, limited goals aimed towards consolidating and expanding Abaddon's personal power and wider influence.
>>
File: Hairbaddon.jpg (38 KB, 761x540) Image search: [Google]
Hairbaddon.jpg
38 KB, 761x540
>‘I wanted to know something before you died, Ruven. What did you gain from that first betrayal? Why did you turn from the Eighth Legion and wear the colours of Horus’s Sons?’

>‘We are all Horus’s sons. We all carry his legacy with us.’ Ruven couldn’t help the edge of passion creeping into his tone. ‘Abaddon is the Bane of the Imperium, brother. His is the name whispered by a trillion frightened souls. Have you heard the legends? The Imperium even believes him to be Horus’s cloned son. And he bears that legend for a reason. The Imperium will fall. Perhaps not this century, and perhaps not the next. But it will fall, and Abaddon will be there, boot on the throat of the Emperor’s bloodless corpse. Abaddon will be there the night the Astronomican dies and the Imperium – at last – falls dark.’

>‘You still believe we can win this war?’ Talos hesitated, for this was something he’d simply never expected. ‘If Horus failed, what chance does his son have?’

>‘Every chance, for no matter what you or I might say, it’s a destiny written in the stars themselves. How much larger are the forces in the Eye now, than those that first fled after the failed Siege of Terra? How many billions of men, how many countless thousands of ships, have rallied to the Warmaster’s banner in ten millennia? Abaddon’s might eclipses anything Horus ever commanded. You know that as well as I. If we could refrain from butchering one another for long enough, we’d already be pissing on the Imperium’s bones.’

>‘Even the primarchs failed.’ Talos wouldn’t give ground. ‘Terra burned, but rose again. They failed, brother.’

>Ruven turned his face to the prophet, swallowing to ease the pain of speaking. ‘That is why you remain blind to our destiny, Talos. You still idolise them. Why?’

>‘They were the best of us.’ It was clear from the prophet’s voice – Ruven knew he’d never even considered the question before.
>>
>>43505985

>‘No. There speaks the voice of worship, and brother, you cannot afford to be so naive. The primarchs were humanity magnified – all of mankind’s greatest attributes, balanced by its greatest flaws. For every triumph or flash of preternatural genius, there was a crushing defeat, or another step deeper on the descent into madness. And what are they now? Those that still exist are distant avatars, sworn to the gods they represent, ascended to devote their lives to the Great Game. Think of the Cyclops, staring into every possible eternity with his one poisoned eye, while a Legion of the walking dead does the bidding of his few surviving children. Think of Fulgrim, so enraptured by the glory of Chaos that he remains blind to his own Legion’s shattering millennia ago. Think of our own father, who ended his life as a conflicted madman – dedicated one moment to teaching the Emperor some grand, idealistic lesson, and devoted the next moment to doing nothing but eating the heart of any slave within reach, while he sat in the Screaming Gallery, laughing and listening to the wails of the damned.’

>‘You are not answering my question, Ruven.’

>He swallowed again. ‘I am, Talos. I am. The Eighth Legion is a weak, unbalanced thing – a broken coalition devoted to its own sadistic pleasure. No greater goals beyond slaughter. No higher ambitions beyond surviving and slaughtering. That is no secret. I am no longer a Night Lord, but I am still Nostraman. Do you think I enjoyed kneeling before Abaddon? Do you think I relished that the Warmaster rose from another Legion, instead of my own? I loathed Abaddon, yet I respected him, for he will do what no other can. The gods have marked him, chosen him to remain in the material realm and do what the primarchs never could.’
>>
>>43506000

>Ruven took a shivering breath, visibly weakening as he finished. ‘You asked why I joined the Despoiler, and the answer is in the fate of the primarchs. They were never intended to be the inheritors of this empire. Their fates were sealed with their births, let alone their ascensions. They are echoes, almost gone from the galaxy, engaged in the Great Game of Chaos far from mortal eyes. The empire belongs to us, for we are still here. We are the warriors that remained behind.’

>Talos took several seconds to answer. ‘You truly believe what you are saying. I can tell.’

>Ruven gave a defeated laugh. ‘Everyone believes it, Talos, because it is the truth. I left the Legion because I rejected the aimless butchery, and the naive, worthless hope of simply surviving this war. Survival wasn’t enough for me. I wanted to win.’
>>
>The Black Crusade of Doombreed was a Black Crusade in which the overall losses were relatively low compared to other Black Crusades.
>>
>>43501923
Iskandar Khayon, the protagonist of Talon of Horus. One of his epithets is Kingbreaker; he claims he got Magnus to kneel before him.
>>
>>43503652
The emperor didnt send Horus anywhere. He used his enormous psychic power to destroy Horus' body and soul permanently.
>>
>>43501763
To be fair Magnus was having a bad millennium, Khayon took him on relatively shortly after Ragnar stabbed him in the eye with the spear of Russ. Khayon might have been fighting the fragment that Ragnar made completely blind.
>>
>>43507780
Don't forget cause of the 3rd Black Crusade: The Waifu Webway War.
>>
>>43505922
1. That was a retcon done for the fact that Abaddon failed in each Black Crusade

2. Other Chaos guys like Magnus and Doombreed have done more damage without having to set such a low bar for success.
>>
>>43510921

>That was a retcon done for the fact that Abaddon failed in each Black Crusade

Not so much a retcon as something that needed to be pounded into people's heads.

I like how Doombreed keeps getting brought up when jack all is really known about him. Also note above where it's said that the losses resulting from his Black Crusade were relatively low compared to others.
>>
>>43507780
These stories get shittier every time.
>>
>>43504258
The chaos gods are more concerned with the great game, which the daemon primarches would be a part of.
>>
>>43500689
>the Warmaster (henceforth known as Lord Commander) of the Imperium is some random human instead of one of the remaining loyalist Primarchs

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>43505133
I'm not sure I would describe Kharn as a deep thinker or long term planner.

Look at his favorites. The thing they most embody is a combination of supreme, infernal rage, and bloodlust. Really any other of the Chaos gods is going to be more of a "planner" than he is.
>>
>>43500689
Because all the traitor primarchs are enjoying their freedom from the Emperors control and the gifts/payment that chaos has given them in exchange for unparalled damage they've caused for mankind.

They did the one thing they were most afraid that the Emperor would do to them, retirement.
>>
>>43502300
I bet they'll split it up into a billion-jillion movies just to make more money out of it.
>>
>>43504984
He's too busy making stories with the troops to actually lead. Swell guy that Kharn.
>>
>>43510921
>>43505870
>Muh failbaddon meme.

Stop reading 1d4chan as your lone source of lore.
>>
>>43500689
>president gets killed
>why does the vice president get to take over, instead of an elected president of another country?
>>
>>43500689
they're lazy fucks.

Perty would be an ideal candidate I think. Angron proved he's incapable. first war for Armageddon doesn't count.
>>
>>43500768
This right here. Abaddon has a vision and is able to convince people to follow it, and follow him. More importantly than that, he is acting on that vision.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.