[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game finder, the revenge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 38
File: 1402828098249.jpg (62 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1402828098249.jpg
62 KB, 500x434
>system
>timezone
>player or dm
>contact info
>>
Why did the last two die all of a sudden?
>>
Is that anon who wanted to run Eclipse Phase still recruiting? I tried to email you but it bounced back.
>>
>exalted 3e
>EST
>player
>"gentlemenshadow" on skype, displays as "shada"
>>
Reposting.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Kind of interested in Eclipse Phase but I'm open to the following:
- cWoD
- 40k RPG
- GURPS
- Pathfinder
>Times Available (with timezone!)
I'm EST, basically have NEET hours though, only two classes a week.
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Roll20 and possibly Skype. I'm strongly considering a text-only game, I've only ever played in one once and actual roleplaying happened a lot more than it ever does in my regular Skype voice group.
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes

If we do Eclipse Phase the campaign will not be (at least primarily) about Firewall or gatecrashing.

If we do cWoD it will be a crossover game, players able to pick either vampires or mages.

With 40k RPG I'd prefer Rogue Trader or Black Crusade.

GURPS would be a modern fantasy military/mercenary game.

I don't really have a clear idea of what I'd do with Pathfinder at the moment, probably a sandbox heavily influenced by player input.

In all cases I want to do a roleplay-focused game with combat happening as provoked but certainly not something that dominates the game.

>>43487998
I am and I replied to you but it might have gone to your spam box. Check it and if you don't have it I'll send another.
>>
>>43488343
>I am and I replied to you but it might have gone to your spam box. Check it and if you don't have it I'll send another.
Got nothing. Google sent an automated reply saying mail cannot be delivered to that address.
>>
File: 221_card_l.png (139 KB, 958x550) Image search: [Google]
221_card_l.png
139 KB, 958x550
>GM/Player
GM
>System
Pathfinder
Sundays at 4 PM -5 est. Sessions will last 4-7 hours depending on the group.
Text based. We'll play in Skype. For combat and dungeon crawling, we'll use roll20.
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I prepared a fairly bare bones setting. A single continent with some different kingdoms of different alignments and stuff.
I kept the "lore" and stuff to a bit of a minimum to allow people to play about whatever kind of character they want (within reason) while also allowing for some context to the setting.
I'm not really restricting races or classes, but no furry characters please. 10% ones are okay. Just personal preference.
The game won't be too heavily plot or hacknslash focused outright. There'll be a starter town with some stuff going on, some different things to check out.
The party can meet, team up... Kill some bandits, explore a dungeon, investigate some happenings, whatever.
I'm hoping we can have a good time and build up to some greater adventures.
All I really ask is that you're on time and don't take forever making a character. No flakes, please.

So yeah, email if interested. I'll reply to you via email promptly. If you're accepted, you'll get my Skype around Friday and the group chat will be put together then.
>>
>>
>>43488868
Sent you an email.
>>
>>43488868
I'm down for that so long as i can be an inquisitor and an elf/dwarf. I'll send an email
>>
>>43488343
Up for GURPS and Rogue Trader. E-mailed you.
>>
is it just me or does there seem to be more GMs than players of late?
>>
>>43492845
From the perspective of he without a GM, this is a blessing.
>>
File: 1430261736567.jpg (8 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
1430261736567.jpg
8 KB, 192x192
Might not be the right thread to ask but i'll be damned if I have to make my own for something that can be answered with a single reply right-

Is there any way I can play without talking vocally? Tried roll20+Skype with a group before but I was so uncomfortable and anxious that I couldn't act very well and just didn't have a ton of fun/felt left out
>>
>13th age or Only War
>EST
>player or DM
>[email protected]
>>
>>43493419

Text games, Anon. Join a text game.
If you aren't some illiterate dumbass who can string together coherent sentences than you're golden for one.
If you look, you'll see plenty of games in the game finder threads advertising text games.

Just be prepared to know/learn how to role play using text.
>>
>>43488343
any interest in GMing Only War?
>>
I'm having a shit of a time finding a beginner game on roll20. I want to play DnD but I just can't find anything. Any tips?
>>
>>43494702
There are other communities you can lurk, this and 4+4chan's threads for instance. The Suptg IRC has a few channels that are used for people looking for players to recruit as well.

Are you set on DnD? If you just want adventure experience then be willing to branch out to other systems and settings.
>>
>>43496989
Honestly it's just because I have read some of the manuals and played once in highschool (shitty experience, only because of the people.) What are some other systems you would recommend? I'm really trying to /tg/ here, but I'm finding it's a rather daunting task.
>>
>>43497636
You really don't want to play. If you did, you would put more effort in than just sitting on 4chan.

I suggest not wasting anyone's time.
>>
>>43497656
But anon, I have been applying to things on Roll20 with no luck. I figured the game finder thread would be a good spot to get help finding a game. Fuck you.
>>
>>43497711
>"hi i want to play please let me join am beginer"
>Why does no one invite me?
>>
>>43497726
Yeah, exactly. If I'm a beginner, how the fuck do I begin? I'm not going to lie to people in a group just so they get pissed and kick me out anyway.
>muh secret club
Piss off.
>>
File: 1400149488728.jpg (21 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1400149488728.jpg
21 KB, 200x200
>>43497711
>>43497747

Roll20 isn't a great community in my experience, especially for D&D/PF. There are a truckload of people wanting to play those systems and few DMs, so it's tough to even get a game regardless of experience.

The most simple solution is doing a necessary evil: DM a game yourself.
It taught me plenty about tabletop games, and it's still a fun thing.

If you're intent on just playing and not alternatives, then keep trying. There's not much else you can do about it, though I would suggest trying an irl group by either joining one or making one.
>>
>system
We'll learn, but mostly
Looking for a generic fantasy sort of ride this time round.
>timezone
GMT & GMT+1
>player or dm
Two players
>contact info
I'm mallaeus on Skype, I'll give you the other guy's when and if we get started
>>
>>43497747
People run beginner games from time to time on here. I believe one is scheduled for today evening.
>>
>>43497935
>IcanFEELtheWARPovertakingME.png
>>
Looking to get my fix of Shadowrun. Weekends prefered but anything will do.
>system
Shadowrun 5e
>timezone
EST (GMT-5)
>player or dm
Player
>contact info
[email protected]
>>
>>43488343
I'm mainly into PF, though I'd be down to try Rogue Trader. Maybe the cWoD game, in which case, I'd definitely make a Mage, primarily because I can't be trusted to not make a Vampire who's basically Dio.
>>
>>43497747
I got started like >>43497820 did, as a GM. I couldn't find a game on /tg/ that was recruiting, but there were plenty of players available, so I just bit the bullet and did it myself. It wasn't *that* hard, since I had two weeks to intensively study before starting, and I really enjoyed the experience.

That said there are enough GMs now that you can really take your pick. Just lurk these threads or IRC and apply for games that appeal to you. DnD is a good basic intro but there is so much more out there to explore. Look for what games are being advertised as needing more players, Google the game, and if it sounds appealing then apply. Don't mention you're new until you're accepted, though most people won't care if you're new or not.
>>
>>43497820

This is slightly off topic, but would you recommend using Roll20 as a means to practice playing tabletop RPGs.

A friend of mine has only recently got me into /tg/ stuff, and I've literally only played like three sessions of 3.5 together with his group. I'm really new to both roleplaying and to the rules of the game, but more from straight up lack of experience as opposed to a lack of enthusiasm. Do you think Roll20 would be a good place for me to take the initiative and get some practice in to help me improve both my roleplaying skills and knowledge of the game so I can use it to better myself as a player in real life? Is the community open to new players? Is it common for people to host games for new players looking to try and get into roleplaying? If not, does anyone know any good online alternatives?

Just curious, because I'd be totally willing to invest the time into an online game if it meant getting extra experience outside of the once a week sessions I've been doing with my group.
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (22 KB, 220x202) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
22 KB, 220x202
>>43488343
I'd be interested in playing GURPS. I'm also thinking of GMing a 'lite' version of monster hunters, but I'd be more interested in playing first though.

>tfw forever GM
>>
>>43503344
No. Roll20 is a barely usable piece of jank. Use maptools if you need maps and IRC/any voip if you don't.
>>
>GM/Player
Player
>System
Any
Pacific saturday/sunday evenings
Offline, in the OC area of SoCal
>Contact Info
dreamjar101
>>
>>43488343

Just to let you know, your e-mail doesn't seem to be working. If you're still around, mine's [email protected]
>>
>>43508699
>>43503144
>>43503966
>>43490898
>>43488700
Everyone interested in my game (>>43488343) please respond to this email (you'[email protected]) if you are still interested in joining. So far I have two people interested in playing something and I'm willing to go to 6 at maximum, the game itself is still to be decided.

>>43493642
No, that's definitely the 40k RPG I have least interest in running, sorry.
>>
File: Kinda like gold vampires.png (196 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
Kinda like gold vampires.png
196 KB, 512x256
Just a probe into what /tg/ leans towards. Would you folks be interested in a game of Legend/5e using Endless Legend as a campaign setting?

Its been tumbling around my head for a while. No promises about starting anything, just testing the waters.
>>
File: whatcha lookin at.png (696 KB, 750x1031) Image search: [Google]
whatcha lookin at.png
696 KB, 750x1031
>system
D&D 5e
>timezone
EST
>player or dm
DM
>contact info
thelastintelligentwoman on skype
>trigger warnings
Trans* issues, sexual violence, unenlightened viewpoints, oppressive privilege
>notes
CIS people are not welcome, this game is a trans-space.
>>
File: 1396319591548.png (92 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1396319591548.png
92 KB, 444x440
>>43511112
>>
>>43511112
>Not an actual skype name
How am I supposed to be a faggot now
>>
>>43511112
Will it be high impact sexual violence?
>>
>>43510730
Sent an email.
>>
>Gm/Player
Gm nigga, I ain't no faggot.
>System Preferred
I might be a faggot, I'd like to get a group for Ryuutama
>Times Available
Weekdays in the evening, Pst
>Method of Play
Skype for voice, something simple for dice
>Contact Info
Bramble Lamb on skype, my picture is a well dressed crow
>Additional Notes
The game is not weeb shit, it's a cute game about travelers
>>
>>43513788
>I ain't no faggot
>I might be a faggot
Pick one
>>
>>43485700
>player/gm
Player

>Preferred system(s)
New World of Darkness (Vampire preferred)
Pathfinder (I want to try out Path of War)
Deathwatch
Black Crusade

>Availability
-5 CDT Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights are preferable but generally available all week at night

>Contact info
A.Bearded.Kraken
(My skype is the one with the ship being lifted by a kraken. Also, kraken city)

>Additional Stuff
Longer sessions are also preferable (5+ hours)
I prefer do to things Roll20 or Maptools. Skype text for OOC/General stuff.
>>
>>43513868
>skype
It's like you want to help cancer proliferate
>>
File: 1439233138161[1].gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
1439233138161[1].gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>43515553
Don't fall for it folks.
>>
>>43515643
The truth is bait in the empire of lies
>>
>>43515553
At least it's not Tabletop Sim.
>>
>>43516892
That's kinda like going to a funeral for someone hit by a car and saying "well at least they weren't shot". Two different cancers to be honest family.
>>
>>43516945
>>43515553
Nobody wants to use your shitty free and open source alternative.
>>
File: 1446695097535.jpg (716 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1446695097535.jpg
716 KB, 2592x1944
>>43517081
Aww. It's not my fault you don't know any good ones.
>>
>GM/Player
GM

>System
Talislanta

Friday 7PM GMT for 4-5 hours. Longer if absolutely necessary.

Roll20 text for now. Might switch or use voice at some point.

>Contact Info
https://join.skype.com/fcQVhyd964TJ

>Additional Notes
Seeking a single additional player to join a group of five for a short introductory campaign. We're one session in. New players welcome.
>>
File: 1394049157254.jpg (165 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1394049157254.jpg
165 KB, 894x894
>GM/Player
4 players seeking GM

>System Preferred
Pathfinder (personally I'm hoping the group wants to play the rise of the runelords module but that's all still up for debate)

We are in a GMT+1 timezone and tend to play evenings 18:00. As for days where we are available, that tends to vary week from week as we have schedules that change on a weekly basis, sometimes we might have 4 sundays in a row where everyone's free, then next month we might all be free on a Wednesday. Hence we need a GM who has a flexible schedule.

Skype for OOC discussion and voice chat.
Roll20 for the actual dice rolling and battle mapping.
Usually we play text based games with OOC voice chatter. However no one is adverse to playing a purely voice based game should our GM be more comfortable with that.

>Contact Info
Interested? come into the skype chat, introduce yerself: https://join.skype.com/bpkr8wmy8tQl

>Additional Info
While us bunch of fellas can be a little light hearted OOC and IC at times, we are looking for a pretty serious and gritty tone. A game with genuine consequences (positive and negative) for our actions would be ace.
>>
>>43511024
Never heard oh the setting but sure
>>
>>43518029
Why don't you just GM the module, Anon?
Good GM'ing is 90% trying to make people have a good time.
>>
>>43518237
Ehhh I've tried my hand at GM before, it's not something that I'm entirely comfortable with. Plus I've wanted to play RoR since it came out all those years ago... I still have the original module for 3.5 actually XD
>>
Not sure if posting IRL will work or not, but it's worth a try.

>system

5e

>timezone

EST, Charlotte NC

>player or dm

DM

>contact info

[email protected]

>additional info

We've been playing for a couple of months now. It's a pretty laid back atmosphere. The players are enjoying the game so far, though that may be thanks to the Dragon Skull Cockfighting Ring.
>>
>>43511024
As long as we can be broken lords
>>
>>43518450
This, really. Vampire money golems is where it's at.
>>
File: 1407150969523.jpg (166 KB, 950x1100) Image search: [Google]
1407150969523.jpg
166 KB, 950x1100
>Gm/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Very flexible on System, know everything from DnD 2e Through 5e, to GURPS, to Exalted, to Fate, to Fantasy Craft, and probably 50 others.
>Times Available
Pretty much any, very flexible, but timezone is EST
>Method of Play
I prefer text, but can do voice
>Contact Info
Rycton on Skype
>Additional Notes
Looking for a GM for a one on one game. Had poor luck with groups falling apart, and am looking for something a bit simpler. Plus, I've really enjoyed every solo game I've had. If you have any ideas for a campaign that doesn't work well with a group, or maybe just prefer solo games as well, hit me up. Whatever you'd like to do, I'm sure we can work something out.
>>
File: 1399401687463.png (902 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1399401687463.png
902 KB, 900x600
>system
Shadowrun 5e
>timezone
GMT+10
>player or dm
DM
>contact info
[email protected]

Game's already got an edgemonkey, face/shaman and highly melee-capable rigger, and one or two more players would round the squad out nicely.

Sessions are Wednesday evenings (and sometimes Sundays)
>>
>>43519837
What's the premise of the game?
>>
>>43519837
Get money, hack bitches. It's Shadowrun. The premise of Shadowrun is doing shadowruns.
>>
>>43488868
Sent you an email
>>
>>43518299
Sent
>>
>>43518029
No one is actually going to bite on this. Advertising with a group in the gamefinder as a player is also a major Faux Pass.
>>
>>43521401
He can try, can't he?
>>
>>43521401
They might have better luck on craigslist.
>>
File: WeaverDiceRulebookOldVersion.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
WeaverDiceRulebookOldVersion.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>GM/Player
GM
>System
WeaverDice
EST Saturdays or Sundays at 12ish PM, with some variation as conflicts arise. Game session length would vary as the adventures vary: nothing is a set length. Expect 3-5 hours per.
Google Hangouts is preferred, but I could probably throw something together on roll20 without too much difficult.
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
The game would take place in a fictional city in the universe of Wildbow's Worm, with minor changes to story elements and progressions. Most characters appearing would be originals.

This game is very lethal, and dying means you're out of the game. No back up characters.

If enough people respond with enough interest, this game could go for a while. Or everyone could die. That too.

Email for interest, and I'll try to get back to you quickly. If I get enough players together, we'd be having a groupchat running through Google. If you have any questions, you can ask me through email or a reply.
>>
>>43522180
Yeah, we're all pretty much looking for casual encounters that end in violence.
>>
>>43523207
Have you run this before? With such brutal rules I can't imagine campaigns last long.
>>
File: iconcharlotte.jpg (6 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
iconcharlotte.jpg
6 KB, 100x100
Looking for a single person to GM/play with. Either they GM solo games for me or we take turns.

Interested in concepts that borrow from anime, (high school/mecha/harem/etc) with optional lewdness/emphasis on full-bodied girls.
Can learn systems where necessary.

Skype is Frocto, but I can provide other contact methods if necessary! I'm an advanced writer and have years of experience playing rpgs, so someone who can match me would be really good. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
>>
>>43523442
I've done a couple adventures on it, but most of it doesn't get so bad that it becomes punishing. Most every character with lethal attacks will restrain the use of their powers because killing people is bad. Generally people only die when facing homicidal enemies(which do come up from time to time). However, in this universe, someone who uses lethal force is made an enemy to both heroes and villains, declared a cape-killer, and is attacked on both sides. I've had one party stay more or less the same through the bloodshed, one that only lost a single member, and one that became the villains and essentially buffed their most powerful member until he was taking on EVERYONE in the city at once.

tl;dr yeah, it gets brutal, but the intelligent and cautious survive.
>>
>>43523207

>player permadeath

>YEAH, YOU'RE DEAD BLACKLEAF, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE, WE AREN'T FRIENDS ANYMORE
This is an awful idea.
>>
>>43523466

This is just one on one ERP. Go to /d/ or something.
>>
>>43524150
*shrug. It's worked well in the past. If it becomes a problem, I'm perfectly willing to change it. I'm not overly attached to the rule. The only reason it exists is so that people don't throw their characters into danger over and over again whenever they get tired of them secure in the knowledge that they'll have another one.
>>
>>43523466
get

the

fuck

out
>>
File: 1396288261090.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1396288261090.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>>43523207
>This game is very lethal, and dying means you're out of the game. No back up characters.
>>
>>43524227
Wouldn't the by nature chaotic and wildly random nature of chargen in Worm do well enough to put that aside? You might end up with your only power being the ability to sour milk.
>>
>>43525215
nah, the rules of the universe dictate the power be at least mildly useful in a combat scenario, so everyone should have tools to work with.
>>
>system
Star Wars Age of Rebellion

>timezone
We go from 1 PM Pacific time (GMT-8) for several hours on Saturdays

>player or dm
GM, looking for 1 or 2 more players to replace flakes.

>contact info
#AoRRecruitment on irc.rizon.net I'll be hanging out in the channel until recruitment is over, and the channel topic will reflect the current recruitment status.

>Additional Notes
This is an established game, but pretty early on so you won't really be missing much if you jump in now. What that does mean is that play time and method of play (text via IRC) are pretty much fixed.

PCs are special operatives working for the Rebel Alliance, and are engaging in special operations to cripple the empire's resources and infrastructure, we just finished up our first mission, which was to extract a scientist who wanted to defect from a secure facility. As GM I am going to try to give you guys plenty of discretion in what operations you choose to conduct with direct orders coming down from command only rarely.

Most of us are fairly new to the system ourselves, so newbies are welcome.

If you are interested, swing by the IRC channel. If you can't into IRC https://www.rizon.net/chat with #AoRRecruitment in the channel field will get you there.
>>
>>43526691
Would love to play, but the time zone and text only make it a no-go. Best of luck with your campaign.
>>
>>43526691
I played Revised quite a bit a while back--how does AoR compare?
>>
>>43518657
Contact request sent.
>>
>>43527191
Pretty different, really.

FFG uses it's own wonky dice system, where you assemble a dice pool of specialty dice my dice bot can take care of that though so there is no awkward translating there, some of which are good, (the dice you provide) and some of which are bad (dice based on the difficulty of the task), you then roll them all and add up the results, if you have more successes than failure you succeed, but some sides of the dice have other symbols on them, which represent good (or bad) things happening independent of success and failure.

I also hear that force users are balanced compared to non force users in this system compared to the other editions. Although in my game you would have to earn becoming a jedi because of their rarity at this point in the timeline

It's pretty fun, but I wouldn't call it perfect.
>>
File: 221_card_0.png (110 KB, 617x620) Image search: [Google]
221_card_0.png
110 KB, 617x620
Okay, I'm posting for

>>43488868

One more time.
We're playing tomorrow at 4 pm -5 est.
We've gotten 3 confirmed people together, but two others have yet to get back to me.
While I'm TOTALLY going to let them play if they get back to me in time, I'd very much like to find one more person.
You know. To make sure I have a group of at least 4.

I'm aware a lot of people emailed me, and a lot of others I contacted didn't get back to me. I apologies about that, I got a flood of people who I was emailing back and forth.
It was hard to keep up with, but now things have died down.
So if you want to jump in last minute, please email me asap.
Thank you.
>>
>>an rpg, is it trans people playing normal people?
>>
>system
Exalted
Black Crusade
Pathfinder
Shadowrun
Eclipse Phase
>timezone
EST
>player or dm
Player
>contact info
thegreatmeh on skype

Interested in a higher EXP/Level pathfinder or Black Crusade game or any sort of exalted, eclipse phase or shadowrun game
>>
>>43532495
seems like you should talk to >>43510730
>>
>>43529970
>it's fake trans people roleplaying what they thing real trans people are like
>>
>>43521401
why would people be adverse to it? People do it all the time here.
>>
>>43518029
bump still looking out for a potential GM
>>
>>43523207
I'd play but different times/timezones fuck it up.
>>
>>43520500
I'm not one for predetermined stories, I prefer to throw a bunch of characters and plots into a big melting pot and let the PCs create the campaign they may.

Currently the party is hiding out in New Orleans after seriously pissing off a big-time criminal organisation in Seattle.
>>
>>43519837
>[email protected]
sent
>>
>>43523466
Sent a contact request.
>>
File: 1404450039623.jpg (62 KB, 381x611) Image search: [Google]
1404450039623.jpg
62 KB, 381x611
>>43518029
alternatively people can directly contact me through the following:

Email: [email protected]
>>
>>43539303
>alternatively people can go cruising for minor ass directly
>>
>>43537911

a.k.a. "I have no fucking idea what I'm doing and this is going to end in a PVP clusterfuck"?
>>
>>43539646
To be desu with you, senpai, it's hard to fuck up basic Shadowrun. It's the cyberpunk equivalent of meeting in a tavern and going to clear a dungeon.
>>
>>43528008
Are you guys still on the lookout?
I sent you a mail.
>>
>system
Monsters and Other Childish Things
>timezone
Sundays (PST); leaning toward noon/early-afternoon
>player or dm
DM
>contact info
Skype bara.desu
>other
Skype for talking, roll20 for dice rolling and pretty pictures. Already have two players, so just need one more.
>>
>>43541200
Never heard of the system, mind giving a brief summary of things?
>>
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
custom; roll d10+stat+skill and get degrees of success on 9+
EST, currently on NEET time. First session for character creation and some backstory weaving is scheduled for 19:00 UTC on this Tuesday the 10th.
>Method of Play
Roll20 text only at app.roll20.net/join/1089853/FCuXNA
>Contact Info
[email protected] or sawwon on steam
>Additional Notes
I plan to run an adventure set in the Fate/stay night universe, with the players in the role of magi or others of similar unusual power. The game will start as an urban fantasy adventure that rapidly unfolds into a full-fledged Holy Grail War or similar overarching plot.

The current plan is for all PCs to be on a relatively human level (though you can roll up something like a vampire within the starting budget), with all PCs on the same 'team' in some sense, with a basic level of at least situational cooperation implied. Heroic Spirits, in line with their depiction in the game, will be run as NPCs (or, in the case of Berserkers or what have you, walking plot devices).

For people not familiar with the franchise, the premise is that certain humans are born with Magic Circuits that let them cast spells, and these are hereditary through Magus lineages. Magus culture places high value on trying to reach the Akashic Records, eschewing the mundane world and sentimentality (incl. concern for human life), and keeping secrecy (since having more people know a certain method of spellcasting weakens it). As with any culture, individual magic-users have varying levels of dedication to its norms.

The Holy Grail War is a specific ritual wherein 7 magi summon 7 legendary heroes and fight for ownership of the Holy Grail which grants wishes. Of course, you play to win in a situation like this, so the number of magi may be more or less than 7 depending on people's schemes. It doesn't tend to end well.
>>
>>43541405
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_and_Other_Childish_Things
>>
File: Best Plan Ever.png (335 KB, 744x415) Image search: [Google]
Best Plan Ever.png
335 KB, 744x415
>>43541479
>>
>GM/Player
Players, looking for GM then good to go

>System Preferred
V:TM

GMT 6pm-11pm

>Method of Play
Roll20, skype

>Contact Info

>Additional Notes
Characters already set up for modern setting.
Players can GM other settings, such as WH40k and CoC. Free doritos.
>>
>>43544188
how many players?
>>
File: 1446912043524.jpg (51 KB, 304x302) Image search: [Google]
1446912043524.jpg
51 KB, 304x302
>>43541479
What the fuck am i reading?
>>
>>43545651
Animoo
>>
>GM

>Shadow run 5e

>Saturday nights from 7pm GMT+0

>Contact info, Hadrax Excelsior Jakovine the 4th on skype

>Notes, will be voice+roll 20 first time dm-ing too
>>
>>43521057
Ah shit, there's an extra a in there that shouldn't be. It's [email protected]
>>
>GM/Player
Player

>System Preferred
Star Wars Saga mostly. Maybe one of the FFG games or heck, even Traveler.

Tuesday through Friday and on Sundays I'm available from roughly 5:30-6:00 PM (EST) to 12:00 - 1:00 AM (EST). And on Saturdays I'm available from 10 AM to roughly 7 or 8 PM (EST).

Skype, IRC and roll20 all work, I think.

>Contact Info
leit.lettice on Skype

>Additional Notes
Looking for something that has an space adventure and exploration feel to it.
>>
>>43548514
Hadrax Excelcsior Jakovine the 4th

woops
>>
>>43485700
>system
Dnd 3.5
>timezone
Eastern/Central
>player or dm
A group of 3 players looking for a DM
>Method of play

We basically want a sandbox campaign or something similar to that, we have a couple ideas of what we wanna play. We're all pretty chill and we hope to find a chill DM
>>
>>43549616
I'd really urge you to have somebody step up and DM and just find another player. Perhaps set up a rotation on who DMs each session, if you're trying to go sandboxy.

It's really hard to find a DM for an existing group of players. Especially when you have an idea of what you want--it's like someone signing up to entertain you in the way you like whatever that may be. I get that's not what you mean, but that's how a lot of prospective DMs will view it.
>>
>>43549616

>3.5
>3 players looking for GM
>play via skype
>sandbox
>already know what they want to play

No, you guys are cancer.
>>
File: mothman.png (1 MB, 631x837) Image search: [Google]
mothman.png
1 MB, 631x837
>system
Mutants and Masterminds 3E
>timezone
EST
>player or dm
Dm
>Method of play
Discord (skype if need be)
and Roll20
>contact info
email: [email protected]
discord: https://discord.gg/0dARrCuHa7TxSfye
skype(I only really check it now and then so it might be a bit): holydisease
>additional info
I don't know I just got an itch and want to play, most days are solid for me.
>>
>>43550380
What days?
>>
>>43550552
late monday, and before 1 tuesday and thursday
>>
>>43550671
sorry those are bad for me is what I mean
>>
>>43550694
Never did M&M before. Ill look it up and let ya know if im interested.
>>
File: rocksfall-everyonedies-good.jpg (38 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
rocksfall-everyonedies-good.jpg
38 KB, 660x330
>>43549616
As a GM finding players on Gamefinder Threads I can assure you that your approach is making it hard for a GM to play with you. You are taking away one part that makes it fun to be a GM (getting to bring your ideas to the players, aka showing them the world) while not giving him the influence on the other part that makes it fun to be a GM (basically having a fun group of players).

just mah 5 centz
>>
>>43550808
I can teach new players, and have the pdfs if need be.
>>
>system
Sci-fi Play-by-Post Homebrewed d20
>timezone
N/A
>player or dm
Dm
>contact info
Imperiumascension.yuku.com or [email protected] on skype.
>Additional Info

I currently have 2 regular players and am looking at pick up at least 2-3 more. The game is set in a completely homebrewed world that has been slowly established over the years throughout multiple campaigns, but takes a lot of inspiration from settings such as Babylon 5, Firefly, Starship Troopers, Bladerunner and Mass Effect (With a hint of Warhammer).

The current party is a group of outcasts and runaways, mostly consisting of psychics who are setting out to establish a power base for themselves so that they can create their own nation for other psychics.

I am looking for people who enjoy writing and roleplaying and will hopefully become regular members in the game. As mentioned before the game is play-by-post so I would give priority to people who can post at least once or twice a week depending on whats going on in the game.

If anyone is interested feel free to browse the site and ask me questions either here, on skype or on the forum.
>>
>>43549767
>>43550855
Sorry, I guess the way I set up the post made it seem like we already were set on what we wanted to play without any room for compromise or anything like that.

I mean we have an idea of what we'd like to play, but we're not trying to take away any creativity from the DM. Just as we may have an inkling as to what we'd want to play or try out, we understand the DM may have a few ideas about the world and how they want to shape it, and we're completely cool with working together to create a fun game we can all enjoy.

In the end, it's all about having fun. Nothing's set in stone.
>>
>>
>>43550380
I've always wanted to play a supers game but I've never found a group. What sort of themes are you going for?
>>
>>43523207
Are you still recruiting?
>>
>>43554749
I am going to be probably until the discord link stops working.
>>43554678
Campy kinda clasic feel, think 90s spiderman.

I will also probably running a oneshot or two to see how people actualy are in the game. been burned a lot before.
>>
>>43555025
Forget 90's Spiderman, go with Italian Spiderman
>>
>>43555698
>>
>>43548903
>or heck, even Traveler
Whats so bad about traveller? I enjoy it although I can never find anyone to play.
>>
>GM/Player
Player. Specifically, I'm a GM who needs some time off between running my campaigns.
>System
Pathfinder preferred, since that's what I'm running these days. Other things could work. On the off chance that someone else knows about it here, a Mutant:UA campaign would make me the happiest fire-breathing gun-toting moose in the world.
>Timezone
I'm in GMT+1, but my schedule is loose enough to adjust to transatlantic timezones. Only reservation is you can't interfere with my current campaign which I run sat-sun morning-afternoon; everything else is more or less open for discussion.
>contact info
[email protected]
>other stuff
Highly prefer using Roll20 for games, since it makes shit a lot less annoying overall. Also, skype/teamspeak/some kind of voice chat is also preferred.
>>
>system
Any. Im open to learning new things.
>timezone
PST.
>player or dm
Player
>contact info

I'm more new to RPGs than I'd like to be. I've never gone through with a full campaign because the DM or too many people flake out. I dont really care what system, I just want to play an rpg with some cool people who are consistent and dont mind someone who's a touch new. Im normally free weekends and every day after 3:00 or so.
>>
>>43545635
four +- one

sorry I didn't see your reply last night, anon but if you're still interested go ahead and contact me
>>
>>43511112
Man, if you're gonna talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.

I was so on board for this bait.
>>
>>43539646
Nah, as a player I like it better when the group comes up with our own plans so I try and facilitate that as a GM.
>>
>>43555862
Not him, but MgT 2e is in testing right now and is shaping up to be something with a bit more appeal to general players than previous editions. They're still hashing out some details like post-career training, but for the most part I'm liking it so far. Hope to see more Traveler games and threads pop up after it comes out.
>>
>>43485700

College guy who never played tabletops and would like to try.

>system
No particular system in mind.

>timezone
GMT

>player or dm
player

>contact info
I'll get back to you on that one, only have a personal email for now.
>>
>>43559275

More specifically: I would like to try something semi-serious, with no connection to anime. Something that has different ways of solving a problem, penalizes murderhobos, but doesn't kill characters freely. I guess DnD would fit this bill, from what I've been reading and it has that feeling (sorcery, medieval-ish) I am accustomed to in videogames.
Ah Definetly interested in Lovecraftian games (even if they contradict some things I said I was looking for in a game).
>>
Had a game of WoD I was going to run fall through, so instead going to try and recruit a small group here.
>NWoD Mixer, no mages
>GM (Willing to play if people want me.)
>UTC +10
>This thread
If possible I'd like to play with Canberrans in person, if not possible I can run through skype or other chat program. Monday preferred but as I'm currently jobseeking I can technically run anyday.
>Secondary contact
[email protected]
>>
File: Napoleon_Bonaparte_3058757b.jpg (265 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon_Bonaparte_3058757b.jpg
265 KB, 620x387
>>43559499
I'm running a GURPS Age of Napoleon game if you want to try it out. Go read GURPS-lite to see if the system is for you.
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/

>GURPS General
>>43520075

Here's the thread w/ game info
>>43555698
>>
>>43559580
Thank you! I will definitely read through it when I come back later from my exam!
>>
>>43550941

Bumping
>>
File: 1446488294329.jpg (49 KB, 395x610) Image search: [Google]
1446488294329.jpg
49 KB, 395x610
>>43556499
Oh looks, it's this guy again.
>>
>>43561378
lol what
what did he dollaridoo
>>
>>43561515
real bad dm who posts in gamefinder threads alot hosting bad games.
>>
>>43561911
>real bad dm
>hosting bad games
Did you play with the guy or are you just being an intolerant shitlord?
>>
Recruiting Players for an Age of Napoleon GURPS game on the high seas.

>pastebin with all the info
http://pastebin.com/r6QzVcmB

>/tg/ thread w/ flavor
>>43562622
>>
>D&D 3.5
>Pacific Standard Time
>DM
>[email protected]
>>
>>43564415
Include day(s) of the week and time of day, or mention it's flexible.
>>
File: 1415631715838.jpg (26 KB, 274x206) Image search: [Google]
1415631715838.jpg
26 KB, 274x206
>>43562775
>Two separate threads of shilling.

Literally fuck off already. Just make a regular gamefinder post.
>>
>>43564433
Sorry, new to this.
Monday, Tuesday, and Friday nights are best, in the evening.

I should also mention that it's a custom setting, based around gothic horror.
>>
>>43559275
>>43559499
I would recommend the 40k RPGs, they do tend to be semi-heavy on player death if you don't play careful, but they also have a relatively simple character creation and while murderhobo tends to be part of the game, the setting justifies it well.
>>
File: 1409370817907.jpg (45 KB, 431x325) Image search: [Google]
1409370817907.jpg
45 KB, 431x325
>>43562775
>>
>>43564483
See>>43564590
>>
>>43564590
>>43564648
Nice samefag, brah.
>>
>system
Something like DnD or WoD preferred, but we're willing to try anything
>timezone
Eastern
>player or dm
Two players! We're a couple but we promise to be cool and/or hate eachother in the game
>contact info
skype's sishio-
>>
>>43565656
Buttbuddies?
>>
>>43519837
I read that as "highly melee-capable nigger" and spit out my drink.

Thanks.
>>
>>43518029
I would so totally run this if I wasn't too busy with school. Daaaamnnn yoooouu!
>>
>>43523466
Skeptical but mildly interested. Are asynchronous play methods preferred?
>>
File: rouge t(r)ater.jpg (133 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
rouge t(r)ater.jpg
133 KB, 1000x750
>GM/Player
GM RECRUITING ONE PLAYER
>System
Rogue Trader
>Time
8 PM EST (UTC-5) On Saturdays
>Method of Play
Roll20 and Skype
>Contact Info
Get me on skype, my username is LeakyCanoe, I have a poorly drawn johnny bravo avatar
>Additional Notes
Unfortunately I had to drop a flaker who didn't even tell me he was flaking on the first session, so he got dropped. However, that leaves the group without a Rogue Trader. The group is made up of an Astropath, a Space Jew, Arch-Militant, and an Explorator. I'm seeking a player who wants to play a Rogue Trader. If you're interested and the time works for you, contact me on skype, I'll get to you as soon as I can.
>>
>>43567282
the lewdest kind of buttbuddies
>>
>>43570018
NAKED buttbuddies?!
>>
>system
DnD 5e or Pathfinder
>timezone
EST
>player or dm
Player
>contact info
skype- lolrofllol8
>more info
Looking to find a game that is run on any day except for thurs-sat in the evening. I've been playing 5e for about 4 months, and pathfinder for about 2 years now.
>>
>>43518299
What times? And can I use homebrew for my character?(Not my own, just one from a 5e wiki)
>>
>>43569072
Voice or text
>>
>>43564415
Can you tell me a little about your setting/what homebrew you might be using/what books will be allowed?
>>
>>43571731
Without giving too much away, it's a strange world afflicted by a sort of plane-wide curse. Nights are incredibly long, people are all going insane, and horrible monsters are ravaging the place.

I have access to pretty much every supplement, so I've borrowed from several of them. Fiend Folio and Libris Mortis were big. I'm letting my players make whatever class/race (up to LA+1) they want, from any supplement, barring incarnum stuff and inherently broken builds.
>>
>>43572481
Sounds pretty neat, I'm up for it.

I may or may not have messaged you on skype.
>>
File: YoungSwordsman.jpg (53 KB, 480x690) Image search: [Google]
YoungSwordsman.jpg
53 KB, 480x690
>system
Pathfinder
>timezone
Mountain time
>player or dm
Player
>contact info
Kali.marrow on skype

I wanna play this class. Doesn't matter the game as long as I get to play the rowboat man.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/voyageur
>>
>>43572855
oh man demanding to play a 3rd party class that will probably force of theme, who doesnt want a player like you?
>>
File: Vape.jpg (25 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
Vape.jpg
25 KB, 280x280
>>43572992
I'll play it in a desert if I have to. I mean I'll have the carrying capacity to lift my boat. I see zero problems.
>>
>>43573085
>I see zero problems.
a very common problem with That Guy.
>>
File: AlrightBuddy.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
AlrightBuddy.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>43573130
Man why you gotta throw around such mean words like 'that guy'. Are you trying to put down other players so you can find a gm?
>>
>>43573147
I am a GM. Outright stating you're basing a character on mechanics and not an idea was an immediate red flag, but at least you put your skype there so now I know to add you to my block list.
>>
>>43559532

I'm in Melbourne, I have experience with NWoD and I try not to be a cunt. I'm also french but my accent isn't terrible and I speak good english. No experience whatsoever with online RP.

apart from that
>system
NWoD, Warhammer FRP and 40k and variants, I can adapt quickly to most settings and systems
>Timezone
UTC +11
>player or dm
mostly player, can DM
>contact info
no email for that yet
>>
>>43573178
So why don't you tell us what sorta thing you look for in a post on here Mr big time Gm man?
>>
>>43573205
A character, not a pile of mechanics with a name.
>>
File: forgelier.jpg (4 KB, 97x200) Image search: [Google]
forgelier.jpg
4 KB, 97x200
>>43573215
that's offensive
>>
>>43573215
I mean when browsing the thread. Cause wouldn't posting a character idea also set off your red flags too?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ncxnotH65T1rsmxdu.jpg (104 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ncxnotH65T1rsmxdu.jpg
104 KB, 300x449
TL;DR Player that is looking for any PbP stuff

>GM/Player
Player
>System
Any, looking for PbP
PbP where time doesn't really matter
Any
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
To the players that were eager to start the PbP I co-started a while ago, I'm so sorry it died, it was just really bad timing for shit to go down on my end
Never again should I be put in charge of anything ever
>>
>>43573540
Aw shit, I totally forgot about that. What happened anyway? I remember being pumped to start and then everything just stopped out of the blue.
>>
>>43573611
Yeah, I had to tend to other personal things for a while, where the co-owner of it all generously helped me run and prepare while I had my hands full
When I got back and started off, no one replied, the fuel burnt up I guess. It's probably a simple case of lost hype.
>>
>GM
>WFRP 2nd Ed
>Saturdays 13:00 GMT+1
>Post your Skype handle here so I don't get swamped. It's a voice game.

If you're argumentative, demanding and/or think the GM is your slave, you need not apply. I'm open to suggestions, but if you can't frame a request like a civilized human being, motivate your points without sounding like a sulking child, or think through the ramifications of your suggestions yourself, don't bother. I like my games to be much more polite than my advertisements.

Knowledge of the game system is not required, but you will have to read and understand the rules as soon as possible.
>>
>>43559532
sent ;)
>>
>>43569072
yo man im interested but im on mobile right now.
>>
>>43485700
Anyone in Brisbane Australia looking for a player?
>>
>>43575142
also my screen name is it IT WAS MEME DIO, because a running joke amongst friends.
>>
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Shadowrun (you'd have to teach me)
WH 40k
Other systems are fine too, as long as you're willing to teach me.
21:00 to 03:00 (GMT+1)
Any day, exeption made for Friday and Monday
Anything, as long as it works.
Voice preferred
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>>
>>43575150
close...Sydney. But the game is set in Brisbane. Something for my IRL group that could use another member or two since work schedules are making sessions difficult to organize.
>>
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Looking for Pathfinder or D&D 3.5 at the moment. Also looking to play Legend System. Maybe Exalted 3e if you can provide the preview stuff.
>Times available
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday mornings, or Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday nights, EST.
>Method of Play
Roll20 with Skype or Google Hangouts for voice chat
>Contact info
[email protected]
kp_shadow on Skype, displays as Kip Shades
>Other
In the case of PF or 3.5, I'm mainly looking to play a blasty arcane caster or psionic character. Same skew towards blastiness goes for Legend. For Exalted, I'm just looking to give the system a shot.
>>
>>43577213
I forgot to add this, but I'm also down for Fight!: The Fighting Game RPG, Exalted Burn Legend, or Legends of the Wulin with a more modern, fighting game-inspired setting.
>>
>>43577213
I really want to play exalted or burn legend.
>>
File: 1422155802980.jpg (185 KB, 700x921) Image search: [Google]
1422155802980.jpg
185 KB, 700x921
>>43488343
Never played GURPS, honestly been intimidated, by all of the /tg/ bullshit surrounding it. Your setting sounds neat, and I'd be willing to learn it with a bit of guidance.
>>
>system
I know pathfinder/3.5, and a bit of 5e, i know a bit of stars without numbers, and would like to try rouge trader or dark hersey, but im open to learning almost any system
>timezone
PST
>player or dm
player
>contact info
jameguthaazfontiane on skype
>>
>>43581123
fucked up the contact info
its jamesguthaazfontaine or SCP-261 on steam
>>
>>
Tl;dr like a quest but with the same 4 players over Skype

Would collective gaming be any intrest to GM's ? Think like how this particular quest was run
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Doppleganger
Ideally there would be 2-5 players who would discuss what would be the best action. This would allow the GM a lot of control in what we encounter without railroading players into one particular narritve.
>>
>>43554749
recruiting until the thread dies.
>>
>>43583310
I can't tell if you're a QM asking for players or players asking for a QM
>>
>>43573196
>>43574817
That's two interested, I'm willing to run for 2, but have room for up to 2 more.
>>
>tfw DMing two sessions because I can never find a PF or 5e sessions and attempting to learn a new system makes me physically ill
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.