[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: 104271.jpg (26 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
104271.jpg
26 KB, 200x285
>What are you bringing on Friday?
>Build anything new?
>What's popular in your meta right now?
>>
anyone else playing BG Elves?
>>
>>43476139
I did for Origins drafts
>>
>>43475471
Whats popular? Flying blue decks.

How do I win at draft?
>>
>>43476139
Running BG elvea myself. Quite a bit of fun to play with.

>>43475471
Finished building stylized Abzan Allies, taking BU eldrazis to FNM, undefeated with it for 4 weeks now
>>
File: Bring the memes.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
Bring the memes.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>bringing
>Jetski blackigur won't be done on time for fnm
>meta is 50% 12-year-olds/casuals 50% tier 1
>>
File: 1415704950758.gif (875 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1415704950758.gif
875 KB, 500x281
>>43476139
what are you substituting elvish mystic with, brother?
>>
>>43475471
Gideon dabes
>>
If I have a nettle drone attacking then I play some sort of instant colorless that makes it untap, can I then tap it while the stack is not empty to do one damage?
>>
>>43477894
Yes? You can even tap if the stack isn't empty when you're given priority. YOU ARE AN ALMIGHTY PLANESWALKER! YOU TAP YOUR GUY FOR 1 DAMAGE WHENEVER YOU WANT!
>>
>>43477605
3 thornbow archers and 1 foul foul tounge shriek. Not as good obviously, but beast caller savant is a good addition
>>
>>43477605
Playset of gnarlroot trappers, splash some white if you are concerned about life total
>>
>>43477142

I want B/U Eldrazi to work so bad. Do you have a list?
>>
>>43475471
jund
no
i dont know, i haven't been there in months. gut says 50% abzan, 25% jeskai, 25% rgx aggro.
>>
>>43475471
Scrubristocrats, unfortunately has become sort of meta and everyone has anafenzas and hate against it now

>Build anything new?
Esper Pact, need to finish the mana base, also need to make it good.

Aristocrats, vanilla abzan, GW megamorph, netdekkan

>>43476139
I mean... during Theros-Origins standard
>>
Abzan Midrange/control
>Build anything new?
I am buying cards for a gw megamorph deck I can play post rotation
Children playing Rdw, atarka red or rg landfall.
>>
4 color CC deck, temur with white for mantis rider, dromokas command and gideon
>>
File: Image.png (120 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
120 KB, 223x311
How do we get this guy to work in Standard. It seems horrifically underplayed.

I was thinking in a shell with Gideon, Seeker of the Way, Jeksai Charm, Wild Slash, Silk Wrap and some other control/burn stuff.
>>
G/R landfall/aggro same as the past two weeks
>Build anything new?
not at the moment, still waiting to see how the meta settles in my area
there's quite a bit of diversity, but I'd say any variation on jeskai and g/w megamorph seem to be popular.
>>
>>43480967
How does G/R Landfall fair for you usually?
>>
>>43481102
pretty well actually, have yet to do poorly at FNM, First week I played it I went 4-0, second week 2-2 but game one I had major bad beats.

Made some tweeks this week that I'm gunma try out at FNM before going to a pptq next week.

Thunderbreak regents in the side surprise a lot of people. Especially when you use them to combo kill with become immense and temur battlerage.
>>
>>43481147
Sounds alright, I'm pretty new to magic and r/g landfall is basically the only not complete shit deck I've built. Nice to see it actually do well for someone.
>>
>>43481187
interested in a decklist?
>>
>>43481230
Yeah definitely
>>
>>43481255
So here it is

Creatures 21
2 Zurgo Bellstriker
4 scythe leopard
4 monastery swiftspear
3 snaping gnarlid
4 den protector
4 aboot of keral keep

lands 24
4 forest
5 mountain
2 cinder glade
1 evolving wilds
4 wooded foothills
4 windswept heath
4 bloodstained mire

spells 15
4 titan's strength
4 Atarka's command
4 temur battlerage
3 become immense

Sideboard 15
1 Sarkhan, Dragonspeaker
2 Thunderbreak Regent
2 outpost siege
2 wild slash
2 roast
3 rending volley
2 arc lightning

if you don't have some of the cards I can help with what cards you can sub in. Also keep in mind that sideboards are for your local meta so change those up accordingly.
>>
oh shit, there should also be one Yasova, Dragonclaw in the sideboard.
>>
>>43481343
Wow, ok, there's a bunch of cards there I don't have. Both my local stores have no Swiftspears, Zurgos or Atarka's Commands so I have none of those. I've been using those Sliderunners and Swell of Growths instead pretty much. I started playing when BfZ came out so the vast majority of my cards are Zendkiar ones.

A question around the Abotts, if the card exiled is a land, can you play both that land and one from your hand? Or can you still only play 1?

Also the Thunderbreak Regent, I think I need to get myself some of those. I've had that bloody Akoum Hellkite in my deck which is not the worst, but the Thunderbreaks would be better I think. Funnily enough Sarkhan is the only planeswalker I own, didn't even think about putting him in the deck at all. Most of the games I play are 3+ player games so I think my deck is a little less aggro than yours.
>>
>>43480813
I love him, but Standard is honestly too slow for him to really work. He runs shit in Vintage and Legacy though
>>
>>43481439
for the abbot question the answer is no, you can only play one land a turn unless otherwise stated by another card. (e.g. Atarka's Command)

also, swell of growth and the sliderunners are good substitutes so do run those. If you don't have fetches make use of your evolving wilds, the more landfall triggers the better.
>>
>>43481524
That's too bad because he looks super fun to play around
>>
>>43481586
Yeah I have been using the evolving wilds, they're pretty handy. Would like some fetches though.

Also why do you use the gnarlids over the sliderunners?
>>
>>43480813
>How do we get this guy to work in Standard.
He's 3 mana, and dies to a 1 mana instant. He's so bad he dies to one of the few remaining instant removals still in standard. that's pretty awful desu
>>
File: surge_of_righteousness.jpg (39 KB, 251x356) Image search: [Google]
surge_of_righteousness.jpg
39 KB, 251x356
>>43481628
mainly due to my meta, a lot of people have started to side this in against me, and gnarlids work around that.
>>
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shifty-spellfists/

Should I drop in another color for this? Maybe go Temur or Jeskai for some extra buffs and combat tricks?
>>
>>43481652
Fair enough
>>
I'm working on polishing my RW allies deck - I actually pulled a gideon by sheer luck, so he got thrown in there. I'm hoping it plays out well, but I wonder if I need some enchantment removal or something - I'm basically running a bunch of dudes and a lot of gideon reproaches.
>>
>>43481343
Is landfall viable without sinking the $$ for 12 fetches?
>>
>>43481988
not really. The fetches just help you end games so much quicker than without.
>>
Is this the casual thread?, Just to know if I'm at the right place.
>>
>>43482128
No

Feel free to start one though
>>
>>43481953
Erase

Valorous Stance, maybe
>>
>>43475471
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ru-cheap-burn/
This won me gameday
>Build anything new?
Commander shit, I'm waiting for standard to stop being an arm and a leg to play.
Pro-tour net decking and 34 rhino.
>>
I heard somewhere that someone actually got a BW allies deck to some Top X, but I can't find the list. Anyone got it?
>>
>tfw no one expects a super low to the ground mono-red aggro

Ire Shaman and Goblin Glory Chaser are MVPs together
>>
>>43484702

How did you play that deck? Adn what did you use for sideboard?
>>
>>43486148
List?
>>
>>43485596
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1252835
apply yourself next time
>>
can someone tell me why dark jeskai is good?

I have the full list and it just folds to esper control and abzan midrange which is like most of the current meta
jeskai only has 7 threats. 4x mantis rider and 3x tasigur. tasigur is not getting through in the current meta. You MUST draw mantis rider to win otherwise you will lose. And mantis rider just loses to wingmate roc or ugin.

It just feels like such an underwhelming deck to play and all the burn is irrelevant outside of killing stuff in the mirror
>>
>>43488225
>jeskai only has 7 threats.

4 mantis
3 tasigur
2 grandmaster
1 dragonmaster
4 jace
multiple spells to rebuy these creature from you gy or DtT to get off the top.
>>
>>43488352
7 win conditions

I do not consider wild slash a win condition and I do not think you are getting through with grandmaster

Although i will concede the fact that dragonmaster is a win con
>>
>>43488364
The power if soulfire is that he's good on turn 2 as a bear and if you draw him late he's insane with the removal. i'm also running a Sarkhan in my deck but I've also seen Sorin in that slot too.
>>
>>43480813
I play against a guy who basically runs Mardu control with this as a win con.
>>
So is there a decent deckbuilder site that has a good search option?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10 KB, 178x248) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10 KB, 178x248
Let's say I have 2 creatures mono color, opponent has 1 devoid creature.

I attempt to play ultimate price on his creature, but am forgetting that his creature has devoid.

It says "Destroy target monocolored creature." so in order for it to even be cast it MUST be both a creature AND monocolored?
Which occurs?

A: My ultimate price can't target the devoid creature so it fizzles and goes into the grave. It stays there.

B: The devoid creature is illegal target for ultimate price (because creature is not mono colored, devoid being colorless) and can't be cast going back to hand and I untap my lands to reverse action.

Store employee/judge I was playing against said A happens but after checking it out, it seems like B is more likely what should actually be happening.
I could understand more if I was attempting to target a creature with hex proof indestructible or regen. Because i believe in those cases it checks for hexproof or indestructible.

Like, example I know for fact that if I targeted a creature with regen with ultimate price or hero's downfall, something that wouldn't state "can't be regenerated"or similiar (regardless of how or when creature got regen) that the regen effect would not kick in until the spell attempts to resolve.
Want to know so that this does not happen in the future.
>>
>>43489679
Another way of thinking about it is for pure example I have instant XYZ spell that targets and buffs angel creature with flying and gives +3/+3
>>
>>43489679
you can target your opponent's creature with ult price, but it does nothing and fizzles
just like spellskite can change the target of ult price to itself

but that's just my take on it, i am no judge
>>
>>43489742
Wrong
>>43489679
You cast a spell you can't cast basically at fnm you take it back and untap, at comp rel you get a warning maybe.
>>
>>43489742
Also spellskite can activate its ability targeting ult price since you can pay the cost and the target is valid ('target spell') but since spellkite isn't mono-colored the target doesn't change.
>>
>>43488668
>Mardu control with this as a win con.
Sounds groovy. Do you have a list?
>>
>>43489784
>>43489857
thanks for correcting me. Now I won't make the same mistake
>>
>>43489926
same.

happy to hear i was correct all along.
>>
>>43481688
Hello
Pls to assist
>>
>>43489926
>>43489982
I once killed someone in cube my slaver-ing them and activating their 'skite 10 times.
>>
File: Lolol.gif (57 KB, 320x206) Image search: [Google]
Lolol.gif
57 KB, 320x206
>>43490053
>>
>>43475471
I would be bringing Abzan Memerange if it was standard, but my LGS only ever runs Modern FNMs.

I'm just going to Jund 'em out instead.

>Build anything new?
Still playing around with Bring to Light, but I don't have anything close to a list yet.

Jeskai, GW Megamorph. Atarka Red, Aristocrats and Hardened Scales. Abzan is pretty good in my local meta but we don't play standard that often.
>>
>>43481586

Atarka's command let's you put a land onto the battlefield, not play an additional land.
>>
>>43489924
I don't, sorry. I can ask for it later.
>>
>>43489924
I do remember part of his deck is popping out prowess triggers and using languish to board wipe while surviving to swing for game.
>>
>>43478571
>Do you have a list?

Yes but not for you fuccboi
>>
>>43490625
>only runs modern

Good, standard a shit
>>
>>43484702
>34 rhino
>there is no rule 34 for seige rhino
Shame.
>>
>>43493699
At least theres hedron crab.
>>
I'm building a Jeskai no creature dynamic duo deck, and could use some help with the sideboard. Any input would be fantastically helpful.
http://www.mtgvault.com/faradin/decks/dynamicduo/
>>
K E K L A N D S
>>
>>43495162
I can't imagine that deck doing well against any deck that runs meme rhino.
>>
>>43495162
Why are you not running Deflecting Palm
>>
>>43495486
Is it viable with narset's rebound?
>>43495333
Hmm... I guess I can side board clerics for that.
>>
Or maybe stasis snares... Or horribly awry. I just don't know how pivotal the rhino threat would be to give what spots in my sb.
>>
>>43495662
Atarka's commands will take care of stasis snares. Horribly awry is awry conditional
>>
>>43495776
Haha. Then what? More oj command, and just wiff as soon as I hit 4 mana if I'm on the play? Maybe scatter? Clash? Actually, clash might be good...
>>
I had a really good time playing with my friends but I'm constantly moving due to my job. Is Magic online any good? Are there any alternatives? Spending money on virtual cards seem stupid.
>>
File: image.png (128 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
image.png
128 KB, 223x311
Is there any reliable way to return this guy from the battlefield to the hand in standard?
>>
>>43496605
Yes. Disperse, for one.
>>
>>43496605
Do you really mean "from play to hand repeatedly"? Because any boomerang effect will do if you don't plan on doing it over and over.
>>
Anybody care to critique this list? It's been doing OK, but I'm at wits end with tinkering. Fresh feedback is welcome.

Land (25)
1x Blighted Fen
4x Caves of Koilos
7x Plains
4x Scoured Barrens
4x Shambling Vent
5x Swamp
Enchantment (6)
2x Mastery of the Unseen
4x Silkwrap
Instant (2)
2x Utter End
Sorcery (14)
3x Languish
4x Ruinous Path
4x Swift Reckoning
3x Transgress the Mind
Creature (10)
3x Archangel of Tithes
4x Knight of the White Orchid
3x Wasteland Strangler
Planeswalker (3)
2x Ob Nixilis Reignited
1x Sorin, Solemn Visitor
Sideboard (15)
3x Arashin Cleric
3x Duress
1x Erase
2x Infinite Obliteration
1x Languish
2x Mastery of the Unseen
2x Self-Inflicted Wound
1x Virulent Plague
>>
>>43496605
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/daily-deck/standard-esper-demonic-pact-2015-10-21
>>
>>43486877
No sideboard. You get molten vortex out, and just start racing your opponent, simple as that. Use everything that isn't rolling thunder to draw cards, and days undoing either gives you a new hand, and puts your graveyard right back into your deck. Game two, you need to have two vortexes, because they always side in removal, so If you can keep atleast one on board, your good. Control gets hosed because they have no responses for turn 1, and no way to get it off the board until turn 8.
>>
I got 2 shoeboxes filled to the brim with old cards from way back and up to kamigawa I think and lots of the guild place, Ravnica I think. Mostly commons, a sizeable chunk uncommons and a few rares with some rare foils.

Are these things possible to sell at any profit or would selling half a shoebox-worth only afford postage and packing?
>>
>>43475471
Nothing. Gave up Standard - BFZ killed it.
>>
>>43498227
Yeah... just checked a bunch of the rares and they go for a grand total of 23 cents each max with a dollar and a half shipping.

Guess I'm keeping all this art and flavor text.
>>
>>43498227
The only cards you can ever make profit of are rares. You can sell whole collections on ebay or similar for a decent cash out, expecting to ever make your money back is not where you should be in mtg.
>>
>>43497790
i played a similar deck for a bit, but ran what was basically izzet control that relied on a 9 mana combo with Pearl lake ancient.
>>
>>43498580
Oh no I never bought a single booster or box, I just got all this shit off friends who quit because it's too toxic or p2w and I bought several decks of commons for the art for 1 euro each.

I don't play, I just like the art and text.
>>
>>43496605
starfield of nyx it so it kills itself and comes back
>>
Abzan Aggro
>Build anything new?
I placed 3rd at Gameday with G/W Megamorph. Built Abzan for the removal G/W lacks.
Atarka red makes up 40% of my local meta. Still trying to find a way to solidify the matchup. Siding in duress, surge, ultimate price and sorin only get you so far. Jeskai black is the other 30%. I feel I'm favored in this matchup. Abzan is about 20% of our meta, 5% aristocrats, 5% ramp, and 10% left field bullshit
>>
>>43498903
Sorry meant to say atarka red is 30%*
>>
>>43498311
>implying

Origins killed it. BFZ was just a few nails in the coffin.
>>
>>43498925
but Origins is good
>>
>>43498311
>>43498925
You do understand that the last standard block was ridiculously strong, right? Wizards can't just keep printing more powerful cards. How do you think this game has been alive for so long? Do you even card game junior?
>>
>>43498227
Ravnica had some money uncommons. Remand and Lightning Helix off the top of my head.

>>43498996
>theros
>strong
laughingromanwhores.vase
>>
>>43500417
"SocJus" we know you're a sjw just stop posting
>>
>>43498925
Origins was fucking great.
What the core sets should have been.
>>
>shitting out Goblins and Dragons in Temur
>Attack with Piledriver, some tokens and Zada
>Tread Upon on Zada
THE GREATEST OF VICTORIES
>>
>>43477539
>standard.jpg
>>
>>43480813
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-11-15-jeskai-aggro/

My list, friend.
>>
>>43481439
>I started playing in BfZ

I'm so sorry for you.
>>
>>43475471
An amazingly inconsistent Jund Eldrazi deck based around saccing buffed tokens after combat with Barrage Tyrant
>Build anything new?
The above mentioned Jund deck
Atarka Red, as always
>>
>>43475471
>>What are you bringing on Friday?
Slow "Abzan Nightmare" deck I made up out of things I have. It can be sped up with the sideboard, at least.
>>Build anything new?
The above. It's mostly BW, splashing green for rhinos, grovetenders, and ascendancies. It's a sac deck, but only in the late-game. The win con is "sac everything to Nantuko, sac resulting tokens to Nantuko, cast Duneblast, win."
>>What's popular in your meta right now?
Abzan. We had a couple other things, but Red and Blue were very rare colors. I think one person was Temur and that was it.
>>
Is this the best art to come out of BFZ?
>>
>>43502991
>Jund Eldrazi deck based around saccing buffed tokens after combat with Barrage Tyrant
This sounds hilariously bad. I would love to see this go off, somehow
>>
Will Sire of Stagnation see play ever?
>>
File: kiora.jpg (951 KB, 1200x905) Image search: [Google]
kiora.jpg
951 KB, 1200x905
>>43503276
Nope.
>>
>>43504474
dem hips got me feelin some type of way
>>
My BW Warriors for a tournament, any thoughts?

4 x Bloodsoaked Champion
4 x Mardu Woe-Reaper
4 x Battle Brawler
4 x Chief of the Edge
2 x Seeker of the Way
4 x Arashin Foremost
4 x Brutal Hordechief
2 x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4 x Defiant Strike
4 x Pacifism
2 x Ruinous Path

4 x Caves of Koilos
2 x Shambling Vent
8 x Plains
8 x Swamp

SIDEBOARD

2 x Surge of Righteousness
2 x Hidden Dragonslayer
3 x Chief of the Scale
3 x Valorous Stance
4 x Virulent Plague
1x Ruinous Path
>>
>>43506324
>dat lack of Secure the Wastes
>>
>>43500190
I won a Grand Prix on pretty much Theros and M15 alone with Mono Black Aggro so don't tell me those sets weren't strong. You also lost stormbreath which was pretty huge. Thoughtseize.. That wasn't a strong card right. I could go on and on.

What I'm explaining to you is Magic doesn't need to become another Yu-Gi-Oh. I don't want the game to be turn one 20/20 Raging Goblin. You either play through the lows in the meta or don't.
>>
>>43506433
I'm thinking of dropping the Seeker of the Ways due to lack of triggers and putting a couple of Secure Wastes, or Dragon Hunters for even faster aggro
>>
>>43506557
>I won a Grand Prix

Going to need some proof for that.
>>
>tfw find super casual store 20 minutes out of the city
>walk in
>kid and neck beards errywhere
>people buying packs hoping to get rares they want for their homebrew
>people buying fucking boxes over the counter
>people discussing their "blue" FNM decks,
>just decks made up of blue cards
>see draft sign up
>enter draft
>rare draft like a mother fucker
>$15 sign up nets be almost $200 worth of cards including every rare land I picked up as 6th picks because turds passed that shit
>stomp the casuals with my mana fixed 3 color rock deck

Anybody else find a proverbial heaven?
>>
>>43509567
>enter casual commander deck
>wipe the floor with "OMNATH IS FUCKING PISSED" deck
>almost every other person I played against was crying to the judge
tfw too autistic to enjoy a game
>>
>>43503276
not even close
>>
File: Untitled.png (177 KB, 730x371) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
177 KB, 730x371
new to magic, hows this for a life gain deck? just one of the first decks that popped up in google
>>
>>43509567
Lol you're a dick
>>
>>43509567
There's no way this is a real story

The kind of "super casual" store that would need to be is some comic book store out in the country or other bum fuck nowhere place, where the only internet access anyone gets is dialup and no one owns a smartphone
>>
Hey guys, I'm new to MTGO.

How do I sell a card for tickets? I got a Ulamog in draft and only really use MTGO for drafts so I don't want it.
>>
>>43502032
why? I think it's pretty fun.
>>
File: 1424108515359.png (1 MB, 744x1039) Image search: [Google]
1424108515359.png
1 MB, 744x1039
I'm playing 4 color rally and enjoying it greatly

Nothing like draining my opponent for around 20 with a rally or playing tons of draw value town with haruspex and jace
>>
>>43514594
Go to Trades or whatever that tab is and search for a bot to sell it to

Some bots suck and are really slow, others are fast. Some will buy your cards for tix, but then will have no tix in supply which is a rip off unless you're strictly trading cards for cards, so watch out for that

mtgowikiprice is what I use to find bots to sell to
>>
File: Snapchat--4942661884346122544.jpg (526 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--4942661884346122544.jpg
526 KB, 1080x1920
Relatively new to MTG. Been beyond lucky with the ~60 packs I opened to start up my collection:
2 Jace, Vryns Prodigy
1 Gideon, Ally
1 Liliana defiant
1 Arid Mesa expedition
1 Watery Grave expedition
1 Ob Nixilis
Many other various mythics, mostly from Origins, Zendikar and Dragons.

What deck should I consider building? Was thinking of slapping the pair or Jace with the Gideon and running a casual Blue/White. Any ideas? Assume I have access to all C/UC

Thanks boys :^)
>>
>>43515195
wow those are good pulls, im salty af right now, you can't use the expiditions in standard but idk if you want to play that or just kitchen table
>>
>>43515222
I know dude. First expedition I pulled was nearly just added to the bulk foils, I had no idea that thing was a 1-2 per case card. I'm aiming for a standard deck. Doesn't need to be super competitive
>>
>having kind of a bad night.
>decide to go drafting at lgs.
>not sure if I really want to play at all but better than sulking at home.
>get to store, get seated in pods.
>get packs
>waiting for draft to start
>dude across from me "hey man trade me your ob pack so I have 3 on packs."
>dont usually do that but meh, whatever.
>trade my ob pack for his kiora pack
>draft starts.
>start with traded packs
>kiora pack
>rare is endless one
>dude slaps his hand on the table and stands up with a huge smile on his face.
>scalding tarn.
>calmly put my three packs into my bag, stand up and walk out of the store.
>everyone is staring at me.
>not sure I ever want to go back.
How was your fnm guys?
>>
>>43515464
NEVER trade packs.
At least if they ending opening something good, it doesn't feel as bad because it was theirs in the first place.
>>
>>43475471
4 Blight Herder
4 Oblivion Sower
4 Wasteland Strangler
2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
1 Desolation Twin
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
4 Silkwrap
4 Stasis Snare
2 Read the Bones
2 Grip of Desolation
3 Utter End
3 Planar Outburst
2 Titan's Presence

6 Plains
5 Swamp
4 Caves of Koilos
4 Scoured Barrens
4 Shambling Vent
1 Blighted Fen

SIDEBOARD
3 Arashin Cleric
3 Duress
2 Infinite Obliteration
2 Ultimate Price
1 Ruin Processor
2 Surge of Righteousness
2 Transgress the Mind

2/0 vs Mardu Warriors
2/0 vs Dark Jeskai
2/1 vs GW Megamorph
0/2 and kicked out of the prize pool by Jeskai Dragons.

I'm going full hate with the sideboard. 4 Clerics, 4 Duress, 3 Obliteration, 3 Blood-Cursed Knight, 1 Ob Nixilis.
Also removing the Grip of Desolation for 2 Transgress mainboard.
>>
>>43498227
I sell a couple packs of 1000 cards for $20 every year.
Of course this works much better if there's a place people meet up to trade locally.
>>
>>43509567
There's a comic store in a mall that runs friday drafts. It's usually just teens, fedora neckbeards and me. Since these people are apparently loaded and don't play constructed I often get to buy their good singles after the draft for peanuts.
>>
If I have Retreat to Emeria and Retreat to Kazandu down and I play a land, can I play a 1/1 token from Emeria then put a counter on it from Kazandu?
>>
>>43515195
blue black white awaken/tokens
throw in all the cards you have and look up all good awaken cards and token carsd
>>
>>43517337
Yes, you get to choose how the triggers from landfall go on the stack.
>>
>>43517337
Nope. Both trigger at the same time and you need a target for Kazandu's ability to go on the stack. And since Emeria's has to resolve before you get the token you can't target the soldier token that has yet to be created.
>>
>>43514797
This set is terrible, limited is great but for Standard the cards are super weak and bad.
>>
>>43515195
I would work towards a non-rotating format, honestly. Don't get stuck in the Standard money pit
>>
>Playing standard on MTGO
>Played a dozen matches or so
>Every match bar one has been against Abzan
>I'm also playing Abzan
>>
>>43515195
Sell all of them and get a modern deck, something from tier 1 or tier 2 or if you want to be the rogue of your LGS get Lantern control/8rack/Death and Taxes or Griselbrand reanimator.
>>
File: 1445637470230.jpg (100 KB, 458x750) Image search: [Google]
1445637470230.jpg
100 KB, 458x750
>>43518456
So what, modern yeah? I'll post my shite deck list later and I'll see what changes I can make.

ALSO
Khans of Tarkir or Zendikar box? Gonna pick one or the other up next week. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>43518549
Buy a Khans box and don't open it, there is only one money card in BFZ outside of the expeditions.
>>
>>43518565
I'm looking at opening whatever I buy. Given I have 2 planeswalkers and 2 expeditions from Zendikar, I was leaning towards Khans anyway.

Why not open it though?
>>
>>43517397
>>43517337
>>43517369
I'm not that anon, but which is it?

I think it's that both triggers go on the stack and you get to choose their order, so that yes you can get a 2/2 ally out of the Emeria + Kazandu combo
>>
>>43518738
Don't open any boxes for cards.

Buy singles.

The only reason you should ever buy a box is for drafting with friends.
>>
>>43519301
I'm well aware that singles is definitely the way to go. Let's just for arguments sake, say that the value I place on the fun had by cracking packs makes it worth it. Think Khans is the way to go?
>>
>>43519408
Yes, Khans has good shit
>>
>>43519408
For value, Khans.

See here:
http://www.mtgstocks.com/sets/239
vs
http://www.mtgstocks.com/sets/252
>>
>>43519408
Yes, you're all but guaranteed a few fetches from Khans.

Even if you were buying the box for drafting, I'd still recommend KTK over BFZ.
>>
>>43519436
>>43519451
>>43519462
Beautiful, thanks boys.
>>
>>43517397
I'm pretty sure you choose in which order each triggers through the stack.
>>
>>43519408
Go draft triple Khans with no prizes, crack the remaining packs afterwards or play tower or another limited format with them.
>>
Got second at FNM last night with mono-red turbo aggro.

Lost in the last round to a GW warriors brew which had a load of lifegain so was essentially pre-boarded against aggro. Had some nice synergies with Arashin Foremost, never knew Surrak the Hunt Caller was a warrior.

Sucks that red has basically no options against lifegain without splashing for Atarka's Command. I love the speed that being a single colour gives though.
>>
What can replace Lili for UB Aristocrats? I basically have the cards for it but don't want to splash £80 on a set of planeswalkers.
>>
>>43523971

try marauder.
>>
>>43515464
The old Monty Hall Tarn
>>
>>43523971
Lili is irreplaceable in that deck, it's why she's so expensive.
>>
Standard is ruined until at least next year. Good luck competing with 5 color "absolutely no fun allowed" bring to light control unless you can shell out $1000 for fetch and zendikar lands.

Time to find a new store.
>>
>>43524677
Most played cards
Card Name Decks

Flooded Strand 62 %
Windswept Heath 56 %
Wooded Foothills 52 %
Hangarback Walker 50 %
Bloodstained Mire 48 %
Sunken Hollow 47 %
Prairie Stream 44 %
Canopy Vista 43 %
Smoldering Marsh 42 %
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar 41 %

Just look at all of this fun.
>>
>>43518977
Not looking at the cards currently but the one that places a +1/+1 probably says target creature. Target is chosen when the ability goes on the stack not on resolution so you would need to pick a creature which already existed to use it.
>>
>>43524677
>>43524717
I tried to brew a deck out of cards that I actually like instead of what is "best", but I had the fun beaten out of me by Jace, Den Protector (or a [Dragon] Command) getting back Jace, Gideon, and to a lesser extent Rhinos and Hangarback Walkers

I'll never understand why Wizards ever bgan printing Planeswalker cards
>>
>>43475471
Flat mate got me into magic three weeks ago and I've already unpacked 3 planeswalkers.
Fair so say he's pissed
>>
>>43525065
I'll buy 'em from you for $10 each :^)
>>
File: 1445206745133.jpg (6 KB, 171x151) Image search: [Google]
1445206745133.jpg
6 KB, 171x151
>>43525358
No
>>
>>43475471
1) esper control
2) nothing
3) dark Jeskais
>>
File: jund em out.png (3 MB, 1863x1008) Image search: [Google]
jund em out.png
3 MB, 1863x1008
>>43475471
>>What are you bringing on Friday?
jund

>>Build anything new?
jund. this version in the pic is fucking hilarious and if you're at all slow resolving triggers on modo you'll probably time out.

>>What's popular in your meta right now?
whatever the last major event top 8 was
>>
>>43528126
That does look pretty goddamn hilarious to play. Not sure I'd be running the Windswepts though.
>>
B/G Aristocrats
>Build anything new?
Just got last Lili in a draft, I'm going to try U/B version next time or try and get semi-decent lands to add white for rally or something.
Esper control is 70% of meta over here, couple of Jeskai Ascendencies and Demonic Pacts, one guy playing landfall. Rounds tend to last forever because of Esper control mirror matches.
>>
>>43528958
>Not sure I'd be running the Windswepts though.
I was running landfall dudes for a while, but i kept them in to fuel those delve spells.

deck could use den protector, maybe. i'm running a 2/2 split with ire shaman in my paper list because hard to block dudes give people fits.
>>
>>43520310
You can chose the order for the triggers, but you need to specify the targets before anything resolves. So you can't target the thing that doesn't exist yet, as it doesn't exist.
>>
What's better for someone just getting into magic? modern or standard? Moderns entry price is crazy high, but I hear standards rotation eats you alive pretty fast
>>
>>43534133
Draft. You will slowly acquire Standard staple cards from the newest sets, and will actually learn deckbuilding skills beyond "just netdeck."
>>
>>43534178
I'm actually worried about doing my first draft. I've done bFZ drafts on xmage to get a feel, but the whole process remains a mystery. The last thing I'd want to do Is show up to my locals and look like a moron because I'm unsure
>>
>>43534224
There's nothing to worry about, really. Worst case scenario, you spent $15 on three packs worth of cards that you got to pick. Just pay attention to what types of cards you're being passed, and which colors you are passing.
>>
>>43534224
Just tell everyone their its your first draft, everyone should be super friendly.
>>
>>43534224
>>43534133
Don't worry about it too much. Just let people know it's your first, and you should be fine. They'll help you with rules

For BfZ, you probably want to run 18 lands due to slower format, Awakening, and Landfall. ~15 creatures, ~7 spells.

If you scrub out and don't win a game, you'll feel like shit but don't worry about it. You'll get better. It's better to go to a Draft and scrub out for $15 (and at least 3 boosters) than it is to spend ~$500 on Standard or ~$1k on Modern and scrub out
>>
Local store has Booster boxes on clearance, which should I buy?
Theres Orgins, Khans and Dragons.
Which has the better cards overall?
>>
>>43535328
Origins, for them jaces
>>
>>43535328
Durgons all day erryday.
>>
>>43535328
Open some foil fetches and mail them to me.
>>
Went undefeated running a four color ally deck. Still looking for tips to further it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/four-color-allies-aggro/
>>
>>43534224
Just remember this Acronym: BREAD
Bombs
Removal
Evasion
Aggro (Curve)
Duds

This is the order in which you should be drafting. Bombs make a bad deck good and a good deck great. Not all rares are bombs and not all uncommons/commons are bad. Rolling thunder is a board wipe so that's a bomb. It immediately changes the state of the game. It's also uncommon.

Removal is huge. You won't win a game if you can't remove their guys. Touch of the void and Gideon's reproach are your best removals along with stasis snare.

Evasion, meaning how you can get in for damage. Flyers are the deadliest and MVPs of draft and sealed. Creatures with menace, vigilance, hexproof, first strike, and trample are great too.

Aggro, or curve, is very important. You want to curve out smooth and drop a guy on one, two, and turn three. Make sure you're drafting a decent curve and not going too heavy on one slot. A good curve would be 4 one-drops, 4 two-drops, 4 three-drops, 3 four-drops, 2 five-drops and 1 6-drop. This is just an example.

Duds. Do not draft cards that don't fit the above criteria. If you get passed a pack that just doesn't look good, pick the best card you can or something for your sideboard I.E. a situational card.
>>
>>43535921
The bread theory has been discredited. there are newer theories about drafting in post-theros-block environments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg2M9qcXtM0
>>
>>43535999
Trips confirm bread is dead.
>>
>>43535921
Additional tips:

Draft is a 40-card minimum. Ideally you want 16 creatures and 7 spells, not counting spells that act as creatures like token generators, and 17 lands.

Your first pack you open look at your rare. If it's something like Gideon or Ob Nixilus you know for certain you want to keep that card. If it's garbage, look at the commons and uncommons. Remember BREAD, if you see a creature like Nettledrone, or a really nice piece of removal take it.

Then look at your next pool that is passed to you. Sometimes people pass crazy good rares in draft because they picked up a better common or uncommon like rolling thunder. Sometimes not. Remember, your first round you are simply looking for great cards to establish your deck. Sometimes I take cards in the beginning I don't even end up using. Sometimes I open my second pack and get such a good rare I change my colors completely. Just remember by pack three you should be committed to your deck and supporting that strategy. Also, tango lands are great. Mana fixing can be a bitch in draft. A shambling vent can be a big deal.

The last bit of info I will pass on to you is an advanced tip: hate drafting. When you get good at drafting you'll be faced with some hard decisions. You'll notice everyone at your table is picking certain colors and all of a sudden you see a card that isn't in your strategy at all, but you know it's a bomb. Snag that card so that another guy can't use it against you. This is hate drafting and use it only if you're not passing any great cards for yoursef.

Draft is all about luck and knowing the set. I hope you have fun. Remember to go in with no plan except to build whatever you pull. Going in with the mentality that "I'm playing this color" is a sure fire way to lose.
>>
>>43535999
Damn I'm getting old. The bread has molded. Oh well. Most of it still remains true. Drafting is a learned skill anyway. Along with a ton of luck.
>>
>>43536038
The general ideas of bread remain valid, but the idea that you NEED to prioritize drafting cards in that particular hierarchy of value doesn't really mean much anymore. It's currently more about signaling archetypes and keeping your eyes open for the "mythic uncommons."
>>
>>43490625
>my LGS only ever runs Modern FNMs

what kind of utopia do you live in
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 265x370
>>43536069
Yeah that's kind of how I always took it though. This is a very synergistic set too. It will take him some time to build that really good draft deck.

I love to draft because of the gambling aspect. My best deck recently was in Origins when I got the picture perfect black red deck. Gilt Leaf was probably my only bomb card, but I stole so many guys with act of treason and fleshbag marauder that it was disgusting. In 8 rounds I didn't lose a single time, 2-0 across the board.

More recently I drafted a green/red landfall deck with some allies that was just nasty. I splashed white for two reproaches and just went to fucking pound town on everybody. This guy in pic related got me so much crazy damage in.
>>
>>43535824
Love this so much. I sort of threw my Allies aside but looking at this I see some devastating synergy. Love it.
>>
File: Image.png (121 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
121 KB, 223x311
what's a good way to bring this guy out quick?
>>
>>43538997
Run those green Drones that give you Scions

Maybe From Beyond too
>>
>>43538997
Carrier Thrall, Blisterpod, From Beyond, Call the Scions and most importantly, Conduit of Ruin. 6 mana, if you get two onto the field Twin only becomes a cost of 6 if you cast him first. Also Conduit allows you to search for him.
>>
>>43539066
>>43539145
i have at least a couple of those cards right now. i might pick the others up in the store next time. thanks!
>>
Holy shit, Tyler Barnett is fucking stunning, what
>>
>>43535328
origins, http://www.mtgstocks.com/
jace is the most valuable card right now and you could also get exquisite firecraft, liliana, heretical healer, nissa, hangarback.
>>
>>43538997
mono green ramp. But in that deck you only need ulamog and ugin
>>
>>43514906
seen this a thousand times, but only now i notice how its fluff is so much more white than blue,what does prejudice have to do with reason?
>>
I'm the anon from last night who had some questions before my first draft (tommorrow). I'd imagine I'll need to bring sleeves for my draft deck? What do I do for basic lands? There aren't going to be enough fro every one in the packs. I have a proxied deck, is it frowned upon to bring that to my locals for casual play?
>>
I've got a few newbie questions:

1. If one spell requires me to sacrifice a creature, and I choose to sacrifice an eldrazi scion - will I still gain the +1 colourless mana from the scion?

2. Do abilities listed on creature cards, that require a certain quantity of colourless mana count as "Colorless Spell" for a 'Whenever colorless spell is cast' ... trigger?
>>
>>43540715
1. No. If you sac the scion to the mana generating ability to get the mana, you'd have to sacrifice another creature.

2. No. Colorless cards are cards that require no color to cast and don't specify another color or devoid cards.
>>
>>43540745
For instance, the (1) Sacrifice another creature ...
ability on Blazing Hellhound, which requires no coloured mana to cast - doesn't qualify then? I'm asking about colourless spells, rather than colourless cards. Mainly, I'm thinking about ways to proc nettle drone/molten nursery.
>>
>>43540715
Colourless spells are spells that are exactly zero colours. Devoid scrubs the colour off of the card but otherwise it means that they have no coloured mana symbols in their mana cost.

You can not use the same creature for more than once sacrifice a creature effect any more than you can buy two $1 candy bars with the same $1 bill.

Smothering abomination says "Whenever you sacrifice a creature" This does not allow you to sacrifice creatures whenever you feel like (this is something people have asked about) It triggers whenever you sacrifice a creature for something else.
>>
>>43540805
You don't 'cast' abilities, so no. Even if you did, the fact that it comes from a colored source means it's not a colorless ability either.
>>
>>43536531
It's pretty bomb in my opinion. The synergy with allies can get seriously brutal, turning games unexpectedly in one turn.
>>
>>43540806
>>43540805

Just to clarify my understanding:

Assume I have one 'Herald of Kozilek', one 'Molten Nursery', one 'Blazing Hellhound' and one 'Eldrazi Scion' in play.

The ability on Blazing Hellhound is 1 Colourless Mana plus a sacrifice. Herald of Kozilek reduces the cost of colourless spells I cast by 1 colourless mana. I may now sacrifice my eldrazi scion to cast the ability on Blazing Hellhound, triggering Molten Nursery - but not gaining me an additional mana from the scion.
>>
>>43540868
Thankyou for the clarification anon.
>>
I was playing hydra ramp last time i played but since the fun is gone now i was looking at the eldrazi and that seems pretty cool withusing your little guys and land to ramp into big guys. Would the best way to get into that be to just get a bfz booster box or is there a better way to do this? Also what color(s) should i go with if that is how i want to play?
>>
>>43498580
>>43498227

Some cards are strange. If he has cards from Kamigawa who is to say he doesnt have a couple of tops lying around in that box? Not only rares are worth money
>>
>Top 4
>Abzan Aggro
>Abzan Aggro
>Abzan Aggro
>Abzan Blue

Well looks like Battle for Zendikar decided to JOHN CENA
>>
>>43545228
Damn it, and after being away for a while I saw top 8 and though "Thank god we're into a diversified meta now."
>>
>>43475471
This will be my first FNM, and I'm bringing a Mardu Ally deck.
I've been told I need Fetches, but I just don't have the money for them this week, so I'm making do.

4 Firemantle Mage
2 Brutal Hordechief
4 Battlefield Forge
4 Smoldering Marsh
4 Nomad Outpost
5 Plains
3 Mountain
4 Swamp
4 Crackling Doom
2 Rally the Ancestors
4 Zulaport Cutthroat
2 Chasm Guide
3 Kalastria Healer
3 Hada Freeblade
2 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
2 Resolute Blademaster
1 Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
4 Despise
2 March from the Tomb
1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
>>
>>43545773
Hada Freeblade isn't gonna be standard legal, rest should be no problem.
>>
File: 1447022620294-594254807.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1447022620294-594254807.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Xth for shit cards
>>
>>43545836
Ah. i thought he was in Bfz. My bad. Is there any good 1 drop ally that I can replace him with? The only other one I know of is the 2/1 vanilla ally.
>>
>>43546028
Nope, that's your best bet.
>>
>>43546067
Ah fuck. Alright. Nerfs the deck a bit, obviously, but nothing too terrible.
>>
>>43545893
It's been really underwhelming whenever I've played against it, too vulnerable to Transgress, Utter End and Abzan Charm.

Not to mention that the deck that runs it is slow as fuck.
>>
I'm getting back into Magic and have some cash to spend. What should I buy?
>>
File: 1447023505522-379633370.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1447023505522-379633370.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>43546128
Yeah it's fucking lame that they can't just make an eldrazi that's more evasive than gaeas revenge.
>>
File: c4rd4rt_mp9vR4xNwb.jpg (85 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4rt_mp9vR4xNwb.jpg
85 KB, 750x450
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zada-bing-zada-boom-2/

Tuned up my Zada deck recently. Took out all the blue for now, since all I really wanted from it was Taigam's Strike, but I'll keep playing around with the colors. I want to try out a UR and RG version as well.

The deck is pretty potent, but it heavily relies on Zada being on the field, which makes it less consistent than I'd like.
>>
>>43475471
U/G eldrazi
basic ramp cards to get to the eldrazi
den protector, deathmist for early game
temporal trespass and part the waterveils to combo with walkers or ulamog
>>
>>43515464
why do people do this. why? in fact, why draft this shit at all? the scalding tarn shit is just to make people salty or feel like lottery winners. Its replacing the spirit of the game with fucking gambling. I won't touch this shit set. not now, not ever.
>>
>>43546295
with all the mana fixing that exists in standard id splash green for become immense and probably artarkas command, no holy shit dromokas command, all your creatures get 1/1 and fight.
>>
>>43545836
>>43546028

I wish hada were legal. He would make allies MUCH better.
>>
>>43546931
I mean he helps make Allies a thing in modern

It's probably not a top 8 thing but given a guy could make top 32 with it a week or two ago I imagine it's good enough for your average modern FNM
>>
Top 8 at GP Indianapolis contained 19 copies of Gideon and only 4 copies of Jace.

Why is Jace $70 again?
>>
>>43547138
Sees modern and legacy play
>>
>>43515464
Somebody wanna explain this to someone who has never drafted?
>>
>>43547183
Hahahaha.

No, but really, why does he almost cost as much as a Mind Sculptor?
>>
>>43547040

Funny enough his success made one ally card to spike to 5 bucks from 30 cents.
>>
File: 12412532.png (131 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
12412532.png
131 KB, 223x311
>>43545893
time to scoop em junior
>>
>>43547199
He basically traded a ~$200 card for a 0.75 cent card.
>>
>>43547280
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat
>>
>>43546669
An earlier version of the deck splashed green, but I thought it wasnt very consistent. It ran two become immense and three swell of growth (which I was testing at the time. Turns out it isn't worth it) but I hadn't considered Dromoka's Command. That will definitely be one of the things I test in future iterations of the deck.
>>
>>43547247
I've been impressed by Obliteration as a sideboard card for Aristocrats, since it stops Anafenza from completing hosing your deck.
>>
>>43547280
He had no way of knowing that a Tarn was in there
>>
>>43509567
>find out a local church hosts a non-sanctioned standard tourney every other weekend
>first place wins a fat pack
>check it out and it's all high school aged kids playing with intro pack tier decks
>wipe the floor with them with esper dragons
I decided I wouldn't be an enormous cock and go clean up every time though, now I just show up maybe once a month with my junk binder and see if they have anything neat for trade. I got 3 red eidolons for my burn deck for a few dollar rares.
>>
>>43540884
No. When you use Blazing Hellhound, you aren't casting a spell. So Herald of Kozilek doesn't lower the 1 mana cost, and Molten Nursery doesn't trigger.
>>
>>43548234
>local church hosts non-sanctioned standard tourney
peculiar, I thought churches would frown on "occult" shit like MTG.
>>
>>43549127
My experience is that in the Internet age, churches are desperate to stay relevant and will pretty much do anything to bring in the youth crowd.
>>
>>43549127
I remember winning over my pastor at my religious school to allow MTG by showing him the angels and humans.
>>
Zendikar sure has a lot of female knights and warriors.
>>
>>43549652
Well yeah.
Anyone who can fight is fighting to defend Zendikar.
>>
>>43549778
Yeah but most of them are women. I can't help but feel like Wizards is pandering.
>>
>>43549778
Except Kobolds.

I guess the Kobolds don't give a shit if they die right.
>>
Pulled a Gideon last night. Do I sell?
>>
>>43547211
He's good in modern and legacy man

Flashing back even more powerful spells and a lack of planeswalker removal both benefit him
>>
>>43549889
How many you got?
>>
>>43549955
Just the one. I slotted him in an EDH deck and he ended up helping me win the game but other than that I don't see me getting much use out of him
>>
File: Despise.jpg (94 KB, 800x425) Image search: [Google]
Despise.jpg
94 KB, 800x425
>>43549819
I dunno. I've seen a good mix.

Also, pandering? There's a pair of gay kings in lore already
and a trans woman as a member of the Mardu Clan, who is run by this barbaric asshole.
>>
>>43549819
We've had a lot of female knights since Bant back in the Alara days.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.