[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG EDH/Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: GOAT.jpg (43 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
43 KB, 265x370
GOAT Edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

Topics to discuss:
>What do you think of the new legendaries?
>What do you think of the other cards in C15?
>>
>>43473070
That spoiler is the GOAT.
>>
Straight up, I'm more excited for Pathbreaker GOAT than i am any other card spoiled so far.
>>
>>43473114
Same. Just thinking about how good he is with Prossh or Xenagod makes me want to [apoiler]actually spend money on this set instead of just buying singles[/spoiler].
>>
File: Swells.png (196 KB, 602x683) Image search: [Google]
Swells.png
196 KB, 602x683
Continuing from last thread:

Post Ezuri tech.
>>
File: 1433809964638.jpg (43 KB, 214x329) Image search: [Google]
1433809964638.jpg
43 KB, 214x329
>friend told me his dad works at WotC
>told me that there will be an MTG legal piece of Exodia, the Forbidden One in each of the commander sets

Who else is excited?
>>
>>43473140
If You don't spend money on the set, I won't either. I want to buy singles so bad, but the hype train is getting to me. Stay strong with me brother.
>>
>>43473155
but will there be a red-cheeked pikachu?
>>
Reminder that Dax a shit.

Please tell me about your crazy unstoppable army of 3 mana enchantment creatures that don't have any gas until you've durdled for 10 turns while no one tries to interrupt you.
>>
>>43473114
I still have yet to see a card that excites me more than Gisela. I always loved the card but never managed to get one as I left the game for a few years.

Maybe Sandstone Oracle since I can finally have some extra draw power in RW that I can actually, easily abuse. Besides skullclamp.
>>
>>43473114
Sandstone Oracle is my favorite. 7cmc is peanuts for a dedicated artifact deck, and a hand refill attached to a non-weenie body is great.

>>43473155
>as an additional cost to cast this creature, buy all 5 Commander 2015 precons
Sounds like something WotC would do. Brilliant move, really.
>>
Holy shit Meren is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>43473070
are you shitting me? overwhelming stampede on a stick every god damn turn? I can't wait to T&N for ibex and craterhooof for maximum UP YOUR ASS
>>
>>43473530
She seems a bit slow to me. Although it's not like BG has a lack of sac outlets, so who knows.
>>
>What do you think of the new legendaries?
As a whole, not very impressive.
Bad: Daxos the Returned, Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas
Serviceable/Good: Ezuri, Claw of Progress, Kaseto, Orochi Archmage, Mizzix of the Izmagnus, Anya, Merciless Angel
Fantastic: Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Meren of Clan Nel Toth

That's how I'd rank them, from best to worst (or, in G/B's case, "best to still best"). If Orzhov Ghost Dad sucks then I hope for their own good they shoved ridiculous new cards/reprints into the B/W precon otherwise nobody's going to want it.

>What do you think of the other cards in C15?
Would be easier to just say the cards I think are good. Sandstone Oracle, Blade of Selves, Command Beacon, Illusory Ambusher, Gigantoplasm, Great Oak Guardian, Deadly Tempest, Arachnogenesis, Mizzix's Mastery, Dread Summons, Mirror Match, Pathbreaker Ibex, Magus of the Wheel, Scourge of Nel Toth, Aethersnatch. Don't really like cycle of cards that allow you to do X thing and then your choose an opponent and they do X thing as well but I'm not overly fond of political cards such as those.

Waiting to see decklists before I decide whether or not I'm just picking up singles this year. Pathbreaker Ibex is fucking ridiculous and I'm slotting into pretty much every deck I have that runs Green.
>>
I'm only buying 1 because I already have too many decks.
WB are my favorite colors but Meren looks great, Mazirek looks great, the zombie dragon looks great, in contrast Daxos is shit and Karmic Justice will be a $1 rare relatively easy to trade for.

Only Vindicate could save this ship.
>>
File: en_vBZoAOtOg0.png (176 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_vBZoAOtOg0.png
176 KB, 265x370
>>43473604
She needs experience counters to return creatures to the field if that's what you mean by being too slow. But check the last line, she still returns whatever the fuck you want to your hand if she doesn't have the counters for it.
>>
>>43473674
not until end of turn, wont do anything if someone casts rout with its additional cost. shit commander.
>>
>>43473674
Returning stuff to your hand isn't bad, but like I said, it's slow. If you don't already have Deed or Greater Good or some other effect that sacs a lot then she's not that much better than Athreos (and in fact is worse in a lot of ways). I think she has a good amount of untapped potential, but I also think that most of the time she'll just recur Sakura-Tribe Elder a few times before getting killed off (the experience counters won't go away though so she has more late game value than, say, Yisan).
>>
>>43473614
>Serviceable/Good: Anya, Merciless Angel
I agree with the rest of your list but I'm not seeing this one. Mind explaining a little?

Actually the snake dude has me a bit worried. 3cmc commander with firebreathing and unblockable in the 2 best colors is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>43473693
Is "Dies to a 7-mana board wipe" the new "Dies to Doom Blade"?
>>
>>43473785
actually, she still dies to removal if you kill her before the end step.

I almost said "dies to Doom Blade" but then I caught myself.
>>
>>43473785
if these last few EDH threads are to be believed, then yes.

remember guys, your commander is shit if it doesn't have a come into play effect, haste, and threaten lethal in 1 to 2 turns. Otherwise it will be removed by a wrath which really ruins your gameplan of playing nothing but basics and your commander
>>
>>43473785
"Dies to wraths" is the new "Dies to doom blame"
>>
>>43473837
>ruins your gameplan of playing nothing but basics and your commander
you joke but that's a legit Omnath list.
>>
>>43473848
To be fair, you can be caught as collateral in a wrath, unlike spot removal.
>>
>>43473748
Anya is going to come out efficient and resilient, that's about it. A lot of decks run where the commander isn't an integral part of the game plan but just comes out when you want a decent creature on board that's not embarrassing to play. In a group that's not too competitive she can win games just by being 7/7 Flying Indestrucible.

It's a similar concept to those Thraximundar decks that have no Thraximundar synergy and just play control. Only instead of counters you're probably playing pillow fort until you notice that the only white player's popped all of his exile effects.
>>
So I was just playing some EDH with the mates and this weird new kid when I saw him drop a Command Tower on t1. It was all I could do to stop myself from laughing at him. Doesn't that idiot know that it's susceptible to Ruination, Blood Moon, Magus of the Moon and Back to Basics?
I can't believe the kind of trash that play Magic these days.
>>
>>43473693
Can't tell if you're trolling or not.
That's a fucking fringe case.
>>
>>43473890
to be even fairer, no one is going to wrath just to kill your general
>>
File: SHE.jpg (37 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
SHE.jpg
37 KB, 200x285
>>43473674
>>
>>43473837
I must be playing some sort of bizarro EDH where there isn't a wrath every other loop around the board, because /tg/'s EDH is one where no nonland permanent can stick for more than two loops, it seems.
>>
>>43473919
That reminds me of this time my opponent played a turn 1 Island, like he didn't know about Choke, Tsunami, Boil, Boiling Seas, River Boa, Active Volcano, Cryoclasm, Mashdrinker Giant, Reign of Chaos, or Carpet of Flowers. What a scrub. Why is blue the worst color in Magic?
>>
>>43473748
I'm being generous with Anya. To be honest I think both R/W generals look like shit and are outclassed by preexisting generals in every way, but if you HAD to pick between Anya or Kalemne I'd go with Kalemne. I don't even think she has a place as part of the 99 in anything. Same with Kalemne.

Kaseto, Orochi Archmage is worrying but not so much for the +2/+2 since good Snakes aren't exactly in high supply. Blight Mamba, Coiling Oracle, Hooded Hydra, Lotus Cobra, Lorescale Coatl, Marsh Viper, Mystic Snake, Ohran Viper, Patagia Viper, Sabertooth Cobra, and Sakura-Tribe Elder are the only ones I would consider playable at all. The unblockability is much more important and worrisome.
>>
>>43474087
>Mashdrinker Giant
not a card
>>
>>43473748
I guess 7/7 Indestructibe, Flying for 5cmc is pretty good.
Getting your opponent to 20/15 easy and reliably tho, I'll leave that to you.
>>
File: 1441678045762.jpg (56 KB, 565x311) Image search: [Google]
1441678045762.jpg
56 KB, 565x311
>>43473893

Thraximundar has haste and impacts the board by making your opponent sacrifice a creature.

Anya does not have haste and is incredibly vulnerable without protection.

She's garbage and I'm incredibly upset that Wizards have shit on RW AGAIN.
>>
>>43474042
Sheoldred limits you to playing only black, costs 3 mana more and has to cycle around the table before doing the reanimation effect being compared.
But really, it's the first point that matters most. Playing two colors is almost always better.
>>
>>43474149
*Marshdrinker Giant
>>
>>43474149
>Mashdrinker Giant
>3GG
>4/3
>When Mashdrinker Giant comes into play, destroy target bangers or mash an opponent controls.
>>
>>43473935
Yes, but there are usually 3 other players at least. If you cast your commander with an empty board, player B dumps a load, and player C wraths to clear player A, then your commander has subsequently been wrathed despite not having anything supposedly going on with your side.
>>
File: Mizzix's Mastery.jpg (24 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Mizzix's Mastery.jpg
24 KB, 265x370
>>43473070
I DEMAND THAT THIS STUPIDITY BE DISCUSSED
>>
>>43474228
Yeah but unless Player C is busting their nut wrathing your board during your turn then she still grabs at least one creature.

>>43474240
storm edh is ready
>>
Hey guys, I could still use some advice on what to cut from my Brago list.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brago-stax-2/
>>
File: 1438624036058.jpg (102 KB, 640x525) Image search: [Google]
1438624036058.jpg
102 KB, 640x525
Do these "Experience counter" commanders need to be on the field for you to get a counter, or can you get counters while they're in the command zone?
>>
>>43474240
It's an 8 mana spell that basically wins you the game. Not much else to say.
>>
>>43474240
Requires setting up, exiles your whole graveyard and itself so you can't do it again

>crying cause red finally gets something
>>
>>43473114
>cascading into overrun goat with Maelstrom Wanderer
I did not ask for this but now that it's here, yes, I'm going to do it.
>>
>>43474318
Has to be in play.
>>
>>43474282
>>43474240
Mizzix's Mastery makes me boner.
>>
>>43473144
Mycoloth. Hornet Queen. Master of Waves. Avenger of Zendikar. Sage of Hours.
>>
>>43474318
They have to be in play to gain counters but counters gained this way endure while they're out of play.
>>
>>43474318
they have to be in play
>>
File: Mizzix of the Izmagus.jpg (51 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Mizzix of the Izmagus.jpg
51 KB, 265x370
>>43473070
Goblin Cripples are becoming more prevalent in the game.

>Push Krenko down stairs for reprint
>>
>>43474168
Thraximundar is way better but that's not important. It's just that her role as a Commander is obvious, there've always been decks where the head's job is to bite.

Her real issue is just that she's RW, which is shit. Her only competition in her role is Basandra as a passable commander for good stuff. Kalemne has this go big thing but I don't think that's enough to ever justify running her over the other dozen RW field presence.
>>
>>43473935
Hey man that's situational.

There are plenty of Commanders I would wrath if that were my only option at the time.
>>
>>43474168
I was severely disappointed by Anya too, but thinking about her a bit more I think she might be okay. At the very least, she plays completely different than Aurelia and Gisela the only other Boros generals worth using because all others play exactly the same as these two but worse.

Anya wants to be a control/punisher deck that uses Anya as a finisher. While this is a retarded idea because RW has 0 fucking card advantage, I at least thank them for trying to make something slightly different than every other RW general thus far. I'm still megamad about Kalemne's utter shittiness and completely missing the point of RW's problems. For this reason Anya bugs me too, but at least she's serviceable.
>>
>>43474429
I laughed harder than I should've.
>>
>>43473584
Seems like that Ibex can't attack right yet you fucking faggot.

Unless you want to add more parts to this combination.
>>
>>43473070
that goat is a sorcery....
>>
>>43474448
I think Anya might be playable in a traditional Aurelia/Gisela deck. Those often run into the issue that despite being able to drop their opponents to 20 or below, their threats just don't match up in the late game. This helps with that. It's a low-CMC threat that's going to be good on board if you spend your early turns beating face, before your opponents can stabilize. A downside is that it encourages focusing down a single player.
>>
>>43474429
Do we know if Mizzix is actually a cripple or if she just rides a big Izzetmobile?
>>
Honestly, I'm just pissed off that all RW generals are just LOL ATTACK shit and nothing that can generate some card flow with red's exile-draw thing or destroy shit with white's everything.
>>
>>43474429
>Tap Krenko
>Puts out x Goblin Wheelchairs into play
>>
>>43474429
Is she crippled? or does she just use the fancy walking spider cause it's cool.
>>
>>43474542
Come on, it's an Izzet. It's almost 100% that she lost her legs in some kind of bad experiment.
>>
>>43474100
Play him as UG Voltron, since he can buff himself?

Generals with built in protection are rarer than people think, I'd say.

There are 26 generals with (unconditional) Indestructible, counting the 15 Theros Gods and the 5 Myojin. The rest are Avacyn, Konda, Sapling of Colfenor, Hivelord, and Ulamog A and B. Kytheon and Zurgo will conditionally dodge wraths.

There are a whopping 8 generals with unconditional Hexproof and 2 with conditional, and a further 3 with unconditional Shroud.

There are 16 with Protection, although some are like fat Teysa where it barely matters. There are 12 with Regeneration, although we're getting some overlap here (like Thrun).

magiccards.info gives me 599 Legendary creatures. That's an approximately 12% evasion rate.

But I suppose that doesn't count the ones that do shenanigans at instant speed, or get at least one activation off because of how priority works. Stuff like Ghave, Karador, and Riku, or ETB Generals like Sidisi or Mimeoplasm.
>>
The thought of a crippled female goblin arouses me. I think I need help.
>>
File: chaff.jpg (29 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
chaff.jpg
29 KB, 200x285
>>43474582
That's fair. We already know that the Izzet attitude to goblin life is er...cavalier.
Hell, so is that goblin attitude to goblin life in general. So that's a nasty combination. I'm surprised Izzet goblins can go one day without combusting.
>>
>>43474618
I think the two best ways to build Kaseto will be either UG Voltron like you mentioned or just regular old UG Good Stuff. People will do the whole Snake tribal thing and it'll fall flat because Snakes just don't have many good cards at all.
>>
>>43474626
You and I have a lot in common.
>>
>>43474282
Oh, I was speaking in general terms. I didn't realize we were talking about Meren. In that case, yea. You are likely to get a creature the turn you play her unless someone goes out their way to disrupt you, which is one reason why she's good. However, your game plan is an open book, therefore people might actually go out of their way to fuck you.

>Cast Maren
>Whats in your GY?
>N-nuthin
>Pay no attention to my *legit threat*
>Kill/Counter Meren and/or exile your GY

Still a cutie that I want to run.
>>
>>43474448
What i'm picturing personally is using all the damage prevention and stall cards in white, and the efficient group burn in red to just hole up until everyone's low enough that I can cast a 13/13 Anya with Boros Charm ready.
>>
>>43474618
the moyjin are conditional indestructible
>>
>>43474626
>>43474676

COC

take her for a jog fuck, be her new chair.
>>
>>43474656
She has a little bit of lore on her. She was basically a cut above the rest of the Goblins, and after a freak accident, she got promoted to be a part of the Izmagi.
>>
>>43474626
Huh, I didn't realize Mizzix was female. That's pretty neat.
>>
>>43474689
You're correct, I glazed over when scanning through the gods.
>>
>>43474548
where x is the number of goblins destroyed this turn
>>
Thinking of building Ruhan, Giant Tribal. Anyone tried this out?
>>
File: 1437708038386.jpg (36 KB, 311x445) Image search: [Google]
1437708038386.jpg
36 KB, 311x445
>Tooth and Nail out Craterhoof Behemoth and Pathbreaker Ibex
>>
>>43474703
I considered trying out COC but I think that might be going past the point of no return. MGQ was as far down that path I was willing to go.
>>
>>43474778
Path breaker doesn't have haste.
>>
>>43474815
Easily rectified.
>>
>>43474548
>>43474767
Krenko, Gimp Boss
2RB
Legendary Creature - Goblin Cripple
{T}: Put X 1/1 Goblin Wheelchair artifact creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the number of Goblins that have died this turn.
2/4
>>
I'm not the only one who feels like they just lazied the fuck out of this commander product, right? None of the decks aside from Snake tribal seems to do anything new versus the old commanders. And I guess Daxos, but WB enchantress is a dumb idea since half of the point of enchantress decks are actual enchantress and the only one in those colors is Mesa Enchantress.

I expected something new or at least slightly different and instead I got the same shit I could've gotten in a standard set. Disappointment.
>>
>>43474429
Goblins are creatures often displaying a comical lack of self-preservation, typically frail and are almost always red, a color that doesn't dick around with regeneration or reviving.
So it makes sense, goblins are the most likely race in the multiverse to show up as crippled.
>>
>>43474807
Best thing about games like COC is that you can take it as far as you want,

The "extreme" fetishes can be turned off, and the other ones you can run away from/fight off and choose not to fuck.

Many many hours of enjoyment.

Alternatively as a MGQ fan you could just be a pussy who gets beaten up and fucked by everything.
>>
>>43474835
Flavour text ideas?
>All right boys, time to break a leg! - Krenko, Gimp Boss
>>
>>43474815
Concordant Crossroads nigga.
>>
>>43474893
I wouldn't say I was a "fan" of MGQ. About 20% of that game was hot, the rest was "Please make it stop".

To stay on topic, what would a MGQ themed deck look like and why would it be Damia?
>>
>>43474831
Not in green. very few ways in green.

Toss in Red then sure, but that's a lot of setup and pretty excessive.
>>
>>43474933
>Not mimeoplasm
>>
>>43474917
I know, just not common.
>>
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/132556780753/and-the-off-limit-ones-arent-even-necessarily

I guess that's why we got Kaseto?
>>
>>43474914
probably something about getting a leg up on the competition
>>
>>43474952
You wouldn't fuck a Mimeoplasm.

... would you?
>>
File: LHFjssL[1].jpg (102 KB, 600x788) Image search: [Google]
LHFjssL[1].jpg
102 KB, 600x788
>>43474863
Were you expecting color pie breaking or more broken commanders like the 2011 and 2013 ones? They realized how absurdly powerful those commanders were and I think they tried to dial it back to more "casual friendly" commanders, and that means ones that go off slower or have less overwhelming effects.

>>43474914
>>43474835
Also, daily reminder that Daretti is the original Goblin Cripple.
>>
>>43474965
PANIC
>>
>>43474978
Honey, that Mimeoplasm can be anything you want it to be.
>>
>>43474933
That's you man, I fortunately or not have way too many fetishes, and got a ton of enjoyment from COC, tho I'll admit some was better then others.

MGQ commander. Hmmm

Damia is nice but like the other anon said Mimeoplasm could be good.

The challenge will be coming up with enough cards that feature monster girls.
>>
>>43475022
>Not wanting to fug Sidisi when she's a dominant snake Khan
>not wanting to make sweet love to Sidisi when she's a rotting undead corpse
>being this pleb
>>
>>43473935
>>
>>43474984
Fuck yes, I was.
The whole reason I was excited about this thing was the possibility of really powerful commanders. I just gotta resign and accept the fact that WotC hates white and loves green and this will never change.
>>
>>43475105
>The whole reason I was excited about this thing was the possibility of really powerful commanders. I just gotta resign and accept the fact that WotC hates white and loves green and this will never change.
small white cocks
big [green] bucks
>>
>>43475012
I just want him to be himself.

Because getting handies from a dinosaur arm sounds hot.
>>
>>43474448

>Completely ignoring Tajic

I seriously hope you didn't, because he has two big things going for him that the deck wants.

>Low cmc
>Indestructible

That's it. I don't give a shit about anything else in the text box. He's cheap, indestructible and can hold two swords, batterskull and sunforger at the same time.
>>
File: sporefog.jpg (26 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
sporefog.jpg
26 KB, 223x310
brewing a Meren deck debating running this little guy. opinions?
>>
>>43474965
PANIC
A
N
I
C
>>
>>43475234
Oooh... Interesting tech
Though honestly, anything that can sac itself for a decent effect is worth considering.
>>
File: 635822666661966882[1].png (122 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
635822666661966882[1].png
122 KB, 223x311
>Corpse Augur - 3B
>Creature - Zombie Wizard
>When ~ dies, you draw X cards and lose X life, where X is equal to the number of creatures in target player's graveyard.
>"Though the flesh is getting cold, the knowledge are still storing in the bones and waiting for dig."
>4/2

Another 4cmc target for my Fleshwrither? I dig.

Normally when I need cards I transfigure into Graveborn Muse or Disciple of Bolas, but this has more potential I think.
>>
>>43475271
I'm not sure how but I just know I'm going to kill myself playing this guy at some point.
>>
>>43475271
It's pretty good.
>>
>>43475271
That is a nice card, some sexy designs in this set.
>>
Fuck I don't know what to build now. I was going to build Purph and Thassa but now I feel like I should just wait for the new decks to drop
>>
>>43475271
Okay I know this is off topic, but... doesn't this guy at least have some fringe playability in Legacy and Vintage Dredge?
>>
>>43475448
I don't see what it would do for dredge.
>>
>>43475271
Underwhelming at rare imo.
>>
>>43474863
Kor spiritdancer? I mean, sure, it's auras only, but better than nothin
>>
>>43475521
Yes.
I agree.
This uncommon IS underwhelming for a rare
>>
>>43475271
I think I might replace disciple of bolas in karador
>>
File: haha that's my fetish.jpg (399 KB, 900x1128) Image search: [Google]
haha that's my fetish.jpg
399 KB, 900x1128
>>43475198
>>
>>43475448
Lol no. He's not any good.
Why do clueless edh casuals say this after each reveal?
>>
>>43475591
Disciple of Bolas targetting Corpse Augur!
>>
>>43475615
Shit I might have to find a spot for him in my Grenzo list.

Maybe replacing Kuldotha Forgemaster, I wanted to use him to improve my Daretti precon, and I want to be less combo-centric in Grenzo.
>>
>>43475271
>in both black decks
thank god, this is giving me hope for Karlov
>>
>>43475521
Rarity in Commander products only has to do with how many of the precons it shows up in
>>
When are they releasing the full decklists, sometime next week?
>>
>>43475313
It probably involves you dying to his triggered ability somehow.

hope that helps!
>>
>>43475764
Hopefully this friday.
>>
>>43474240
Am I reading the effect correctly?
Like, if you exile five spells with Overload, each spell gets copied five times?
>>
>>43475958
what? no. for each exiled card, you may cast it
>>
File: sprout swarm.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
sprout swarm.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
Does this ever get as crazy as I want it to
>>
>>43475958
It replaces the word "target" in "Exile target card" with "each". So instead of exiling one instant/sorcery in your graveyard and copying it, you exile all of them and copy each one.
>>
>>43474914

Should be "All right boys, time to break a leg!" - Krenko, Mob Boss, moments before the accident.
>>
>>43475975
Ah, yeah I see it now, the word copy was throwing me off a bit.
>>
>>43475521

>caring about rarity outside limited

It's a fucking sealed product, you always get the same thing every time. There is no "rarity" other than putting different colors on the cards.
>>
>>43475989
Yes. Ohh yes.
>>
>>43475989
it can, but it's a tiny bit slow.
>>
>>43475989
I don't think you can go infinite with it if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>43476080
doubling season, copy enchantment, the other doubling season card.
>>
>>43475989
>>43476080
UG with 4 creatures and Intruder Alarmon the field gives infinite saprolings.
>>
>>43476111
>>43476113
guess I was wrong
>>
>>43476111
Parallel Lives
>>
>>43476111
Doubling season, Parallel Lives, and Primal Vigor make it go infinite.
>>
>>43473180
Reminder that flickering ward exists

Reminder that if you are playing dax for big critters and not when enchantment enters play triggers you are doing it wrong
>>
>>43475271

Absolutely breaks my Balthor deck. This is extremely, EXTREMELY strong.

Pretty much the strongest thing they've printed for my combo deck since Abhorrent Overlord.
>>
>>43474042
Anon knows
>>
File: 68[1].jpg (58 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
68[1].jpg
58 KB, 312x445
>>43474240
I've always had good experiences with Spelltwine, so I'm sure this card will popular. But my deck favors higher-valued cards so I don't think I'll swap out for it.

I'd love to see it break into Legacy. I know it's unlikely, but I'd love to see someone chain together a bunch of Dark Rituals, Seething Songs, and/or Manamorphoses into this spell so they can play them all over again.
>>
>>43476364
if it does see play in other formats, I think it's a lot more likely that people will just use without overloading it just to cheat out more expensive spells and flashback them. I can't think of anything specific that this could do that Snapcaster couldn't though, so I doubt it'll see any play outside of EDH.
>>
>>43476436
It doesn't give spells flashback like snappy, it casts them.
>>
>>43476474
They have similar effects.

In fact, given how low the average CMC of most instants and sorceries in Vintage and Legacy is, they're basically functionally identical. The only difference is that Snapcaster+Flashback costs will often cost less mana and can be used at instant speed. So yeah, Snapcaster is generally better.
>>
>>43474963
It is in Titania bitch
>>
>>43476542
I mean it's 1 card in your 99 with no enchantment tutors.
>>
File: karlov.png (191 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
karlov.png
191 KB, 265x370
Hhhhhhmmmm
>>
>>43476713
Lol
>>
>>43476713
Not Bad/10
>>
>>43476713
IT's.... kinda meh
the two cost that grows bit is good, but the trigger for growing is....
>>
>>43476713
At least it only costs WB
>>
>>43475989
>>43476080

Of course you can; Nettle Sentinel and Utopia Mycon. Just like 2008 again.
>>
>>43476751

Ezuri is gonna get banned isn't he?
>>
>>43476713
At first I thought it was shit. Then I realized it's a 2-drop. Could be worse.
>>
>>43476713
Dies to wrath before you put 3 fucking counters on it what shit
>>
>>43476713
I wanna throw some Trailblazer boots on him, play some extort and smash some niggas in the face. Am I wrong to think that?
>>
>>43476802
gotta wrath him like any deck that goes wide.
>>
>>43476713
Cute but cmon where the fuck is my spirit lord

There's been like 5 Orzhov legendaries and they're all either spirits or generate spirits yet NONE are proper lords. Seriously what the fuck
>>
>>43476827
He only puts even numbers of counters on himself.
>>
>>43476925
my point exactly
>>
>>43476713
Well, I'm glad he's shit.
>>
>>43476802
lel. Could use gilder bairn as comander, keeps ezuri around as a slave boy.
>>
>>43476195
mana echos
>>
File: drogskol captain.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
drogskol captain.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>43476912
>Cute but cmon where the fuck is my spirit lord
right here baby
>Not playing Pauper Commander
>MMXV
>>
>>43476830
No, you're just boring. Funny how that works isn't it?
>>
>>43476802
>Sheldon banning a precon commander
lel
>>
>>43477042
That's not why he's not gonna be banned. It's cause he's UG
>>
>>43476713
Might be useful as one of the 99 in Daghatar or Ghave or something. I'm not really seeing it as a commander, though.

>>43476830
I'm thinking that it might have been the intent to pair it with Extort. Could be fun.
>>
>>43476713
God, I fucking LOVE two mana walkers and this bitch is incremental value, even if he's in my least favorite colors, I'm gonna try this guy out.
>>
>>43477027
How else will you play him? As a shitty Teysa?
>>
File: future we chose.jpg (118 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
future we chose.jpg
118 KB, 625x469
>>43477009
>MMXV
>>
Better then Daxos so I'm happy.

I can work with this. Life gain is easy.
>>
>>43477058
Walkers?
>>
>>43477063
I guess he is a pretty bad Teysa, but yeah, that's how I'd do it.

Play him with some soul sisters or something. Extort is good too.

Fucking exiling shit with a two drop is fucking awesome.
>>
>>43477086
I took a whole glass of stupid pills today, so I am a bit fucked. Commanders.

Two mana commanders are hard to find, especially multicolored ones.
>>
>>43476713
he can get big pretty fast. I don't think he's very good but I'm fucking positive some ass clown with a soul sisters thing is going to manage to pump him up to a fucking 30/30 in one turn without a wrath and KO me with a whispersilk cloak.
>>
>>43476713
Kinda silly that a this is so much better then Daxos.

But at least this guy is something different for B/W.

I'm looking forward to putting together a list.
>>
>>43476713
put him in oloro. gg
>>
>>43476713
bro totally combos with ajani's mantra #sichtech
>>
>>43476713
Cradle of Vitality is bretty gud with him, really nice if you give him lifelink.
>>
File: Righteous Cause.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Righteous Cause.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>43476713
Any fucking excuse to run this piece of shit card. This and Contemplation. Getting Lucky Charms up in this bitch.
>>
I'd run him in little Teysa. Becomes a fat beater and cheap extra removal when you have Blood Artist and Friends or something like Soul Warden out.

Also gives me an excuse to run some more life gaining sac engines like Vampiric Rites.
>>
I want to play goodstuff but not UG. where should I look?

I was thinking R/G because I like the GRUUL MAGE CAST SMASH feel of it but all of the commanders for that are kind of build around, none of them seem really "just play the best shit with me and don't worry about it"
>>
File: 3[1].jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
3[1].jpg
68 KB, 312x445
>>43476713
I built a really janky 60-card Orzhov deck years ago which used Cartel Aristocrat, Proper Burial, and Angelic Accord to pump out angels and life gain each turn. My roommates jokingly called it A Machine for Angels.

Maybe it's time to get the gang back together.
>>
>>43477203
Please tell me that each that creature attacks you will create a separate trigger.
>>
>>43477233
Radha is pretty goodstuffy, being a generic manadork. Sure you can't really use her red mana unless you build around it, but for everything else? Eh.
>>
>>43476713
He's not commander tier, just another piece for the Teysa aristocrats deck.
>There'll never be a better WB legend than Teysa, Orzhov Scion.
>>
>>43477248
it's exactly as the card says. triggers for each creature that is declared as an attacker regardless of who controls it or who it is attacking.
>>
>>43477248
Yes
>>
>>43477248
>attacks you
Who said anything about creatures having to attack you?
>>
File: Underworld Coinsmith.jpg (71 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Underworld Coinsmith.jpg
71 KB, 312x445
>>43477248
For that card it does! A lot of similar cards use better wording to prevent that sort of thing, but this doesn't.

I'm also excited for trash like Moonlit Wake and Sun Droplet.

I'm thinking this guy'll be in the WB deck since he fits both themes.
>>
>>43477248
it does.

>>43477255
Man he's the first commander who can compete with her. Do you have any idea how fast he could be? Life gain is one of the cheapest abilities in the game.

3 instances of life gain and you can exile shit as well. It's going to be good.

Could pretty much go Voltron, tho I think some key creatures would help.
>>
>>43477248
Yes, Soul Sisters, Extort, Lifelink and Blood Artist effects trigger him once for each activation.
>Half-white, half-black fatass is the lord of triggers
lol
>>
>>43477304
would make sense.

I'm hoping for some strong new extort cards.
>>
>>43477246
Nothing but respect for Proper Burial, that's a card I can't help but love despite it being a card that literally only gains life.

Same with Lifegift. Love that shit.
>>
>>43475072

The tears that start if she ever goes indestructible...
>>
>>43477306
Not to mention 3 instances of lifegain means he'll be attacking for 8.
>>
>>43477255
I think he's honestly easier to turn into a killing machine than Teysa. Lifegain is such an easy thing.
>>
>>43477340
This exactly.

Key is grabbing some ways to gain many instances of life gain per turn without your spells.

High Market and shit like that. Man he's actually got me excited, after all that loss I felt with Daxos.
>>
>>43477343
I think they'll be around the same level.
Teysa is a 3 card combo that can be activated at instant speed, Karlov is a voltron monster in soul sisters builds. Both die to a counterspell on the right piece or a well-timed removal, both win on the spot if the opponent falters at all, but only Teysa can kill a whole table once she goes off.
>>
>>43477255
I've found Envoy of Ghosts is pretty good actually. Particularly as a stax decks win con
>>
>>43477382
How does Teysa's ability kill a whole table?
>>
>>43476713
I love lifegain shenanigans

Cradle of Vitality
Faith's Fetters
Test of Endurance
True Conviction
Archangel of Thune
Felidar Sovereign
Rhox Faithmender
Soul Sisters
Wall of Reverence
Phyrexian Processor
Pristine Talisman
Well of Lost Dreams
Honor the Fallen
Storm Herd
>>
>>43477414
>Teysa
>Darkest hour
>Blasting Station
>>
>>43477414
She goes infinite sacrifices in a couple of ways, which combos with a Blood Artist effect to kill the whole table, typically.

Was playing her a few nights ago, my Darkest Hour got Krosan Gripped. Held on for long enough to land the weird combo of Phyrexian Altar, Sengir Autocrat, and Malevolent Awakening. Sac the Serfs for BBB, sac their Spirits to go to BBBBBB, sac the Autocrat for one more B, then sac the Autocrat's Spirit and pay BBB to return him to your hand. Recast for BBBB, repeat infinitely.
>>
>>43477414
darkest hour + blasting station is what usually kills me. the local teysa player has like 5 or 6 different fucking ways to combo out and his whole deck is basically combo pieces and tutors
>>
>>43477469
>>43477457
cool, thanks.
>>
Ruhan, anyone?
>>
>>43477501
>>43477491
>>43477469
>>43477457
The fun part is that while Teysa is digging for her combo pieces, she's typically drawing cards, gaining life, and removing creatures all along the way. Because she just wants bodies, she can run low curves (my average CMC is 2.9) and lots of recursion.

I threw Smothering Abomination in for my last game and drew a disgusting amount of cards from it in one turn.
>>
Wouldn't mind playing fat jew ghost in Oloro.
>>
>>43477577
after losing for the Nth time our group just decided the moment he pulls the teysa deck out we all just take a dump on him and try to kill him as fast as possible. he doesn't play teysa much unless there are some new players at the table who wont know to shit on him and who will also ignore our demands that they shit on him.
>>
I am also a Teysa combo player. We should post deck lists of the best waifu
>>
>>43477577
I like everything about Teysa except for combo.

Which of course means I don't play Teysa.
>>
>>43477402
I'm not too familiar with the stax archetypes but how do you get a 7-drop safely onto the battlefield while simultaneously locking it down?

She's the best waifu material of the Orzhov legendaries but it's hard to justify 7 mana when her ghost dad is 2. I'd be intrigued if you had a list.
>>
>>43476713
2 mana 2/2, so his body is appropriate for his cost. EDH isn't really the format where efficient creatures shine, but it's worth mentioning that as a vanilla he is on curve.

It's also a huge upside in that being a 2-drop means he will be easy to cast repeatedly throughout the game.

As far as his actual ability goes, it's certainly functional. He's going to have to compete with Teysa, since his ability does something very similar. 6 counters is a lot and you have to pay mana for him - I think Teysa is better in general.

Still, it shouldn't be hard for him to amass counters.
>>
>>43474168

Hey! At least the RW Deck comes with Gisela as the third commander!
>>
File: 1402619662576.jpg (84 KB, 435x720) Image search: [Google]
1402619662576.jpg
84 KB, 435x720
>>43477780
Really, don't remind me. I'll be salty over the shitfest that is the RW deck for years to come.
>>
>enemy color decks
>the only new enemy color cards so far have been the commanders
fucking why
>>
>>43477733
He does also gain counters 2 at a time, which is saying something. >>43477203 will do crazy work for him, especially with Archangel of Thune.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/can-you-give-me-a-hand/

Are there any thoughts or suggestions for this? I have about 70% of the cards here, it's currently a completely different commander but I've been thinking of changing it for a while and this is kind of what I'd like to change it to. Just not 100% sure yet because I sure do hate spending money.
>>
>>43477812
have the decklists been revealed?
>>
>>43477730
Don't know about Teysa but Selenia was pretty much locking the board then dropping angel waifu hitting and bringing her back to your hand whenever an effect would kill her.
>>
>>43477837
I always love running the janky ass pairing of Archangel of Thune and Abzan Battle Priest. Also you can throw Path of Bravery in with the mix too.
>>
File: Selection_002.jpg (32 KB, 635x193) Image search: [Google]
Selection_002.jpg
32 KB, 635x193
I am... quite amazed at the mental gymnastic Maro does to justify blue getting to break the color pie.
>>
>>43477813
There's been 42 revealed cards so far. 3 more to complete the confluence cycle, 3 more to complete the myriad cycle, 1 more new commander.

So 49 out of 55. Still room for 1 cycle of enemy colored cards.
>>
>>43477904
Enemy Talismans pls
>>
>>43477901
How does mirror match break the color pie? Its not the first time we have seen this effect.
>>
>>43477904
I'm personally hoping for them to finish off the new Magus Cycle that they started with Magus of the Wheel.
>>
>>43477901

lets not have this stupid argument for the thousandth time today
>>
>>43477955
People are butthurt that mirror match doesn't break color pie, but Ezuri's predation is viewed by MaRo as a color pie break.
>>
>>43477901

Lack of creature destruction? Why not just exile them then! Reality Shift. Curse of Swine etc.
>>
>>43477904
+daxos's named card a la Scourge of Nel Toth, Ezuri's Predation, Mizzix's Mastery, and Kalemne's Captain
>>
>>43477955
it's terminal effect is basically "destroy all attacking creatures with power greater than or equal to its toughness" but you also get all of their ETB effects for free too
>>
>>43477901

Has MaRo EVER said something blue breaks the colour pie?
>>
>>43477972
But mirror match is a RW card
Or at least it should be...
>>
>>43477991
Uh.... I think the closest he's gotten is saying "Snapcaster should have been red"
>>
>>43478010
No, because RW is an aggressive color and they would never sit back to play defense. The only thing RW can ever do is attack. :)
>>
>>43478024

The funny thing? Mirror Match IS an offensive card in many ways. It gives you a devastating counterattack without preventing you from throwing all your creatures at the enemy. If you've got that ready, you can happily tap every single creature without giving a shit.
>>
>>43478020
If Tiago wasn't such a faggot and demanded that it be Blue then it would have wound up Red.

Makes me understand why they don't do Invitational cards now.
>>
>>43478024
But it's literally a red effect (Temporary token making a la kiki jiki) being used for a white purpose (Blocking)
>>
>>43477958
>Magus of the Scales (Balance)
>Magus of the Library (Library of Leng)
>Magus of the Plague (Pestilence)
>Magus of the Wheel
>Magus of the Horizon (Fastbond)
>>
>>43478066
Also, the "It never occured to us that it could have been red" is SUCH bullshit considering past in flames is a thing that existed in the same set as a mythic
>>
>>43478075

I'm hoping the Black Magus is Yawgmoth's Will.
>>
File: Image.jpg (35 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35 KB, 223x310
>>43478075
There's already a Magus of the Library that takes after Alexandria.
>>
File: 1444342306064.png (140 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1444342306064.png
140 KB, 368x368
>>43478093
I'm getting PTSD just thinking about that
>>
>>43478075
All the magus cards have had a direct link between the names of the card they represented and their names.
Also there's already a magus of the library.
>>
>>43478075
I doubt they'd do Magus for banned cards in EDH, but who knows.
>>
>>43478075
they need to be sorceries, also magus of the library is already a card (Library of alexandria magus)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.