[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dolphin Edition OFFICIAL BOOKS >Eclipse Phase PDFs http
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: eclipse phase 3.jpg (341 KB, 1743x976) Image search: [Google]
eclipse phase 3.jpg
341 KB, 1743x976
Dolphin Edition

OFFICIAL BOOKS
>Eclipse Phase PDFs
http://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>Zone STALKERs
http://gaxtrope.net/eprepo/ZoneStalkers/Zone_Stalkers%20%2809052014%29.pdf
>Morph Recognition Guide
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j4bjbba89kw8v0y/Eclipse_Phase_Morph_Recognition_Guide_%286098716%29.pdf
>Million Year Echo
https://www.mediafire.com/?45aax64umrlghf2
>Firewall:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b2umu9s9higm2db/Eclipse_Phase_Firewall_%287029562%29.pdf

PLAY AIDS:
>Advice for new players and GMs
http://pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>Online character creator
http://eclipsephase.oook.ch/Creator/version4/index.php
>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
https://sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet

HOMEBREW AND COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
http://awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Various Eclipse Phase fanmade resources, and links to more
http://www.aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
http://www.farcastblog.com
>Community homebrew document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

A question to start the thread, how have you been handling Muses, /epg/? Do the players talk with themselves or does the DM handle the banter?
>>
The DM mostly handles it, but i'm thinking of letting another player play the Muse, but that might get confusing.

Here's a question, what have you used Delta forks for, what are they even useful for?
>>
>>43434313
Answering machines.
>>
>>43433444
DM handles it

Put "Eclipse Phase General" in the subject field next time

Good trips
>>
Any new books upcoming?

Any progress on the Fate conversion?
>>
>>43435164
Apprently there is, considering new art has coming out for upcoming books by one of the main Eclipse Phase artists.

Has something to do with Luna.
>>
>>43434313
Aren't those just a personality slapped on an AI template? Maybe useful as an in-universe in-game simulspace NPC.
>>
>>43435737
They are, but i'm thinking of why would someone, even PCs, ever make one? What use are they?
>>
File: 1381880232678.jpg (167 KB, 904x1000) Image search: [Google]
1381880232678.jpg
167 KB, 904x1000
>>43435767
You can use them to create muses based on real people you know (or who have sold their personality templates)
You can use them to create characters in simspace environments
You can use them to puppet bodies in brothels

I'm sure there are other uses
>>
>>43435826
So no practical applications at all then.
>>
>>43436404
>I don't want to vigorously sodomize a delta fork of my future self

Looks like you're on the wrong board. >>>/jov/
>>
>>43436468
>Sodomizing a Delta fork
At least have enough respect for yourself to do it to a Beta fork.
>>
>>43436468

Nah mate looks like you are. >>> /scm/
>>
How bad would it be for an NPC to have low willpower? Around 5 or so, probably an indenture.
>>
>The Sentinels are deployed to a bioconservative habitat to eliminate a target
>She turns out to be a heavily pregnant flat

What happens?
>>
>>43439365
C-Section
>>
>>43439502
>the baby was the mastermind
>they kill the mother and put it up for adoption, allowing it to escape
>>
>>43439364
5ish is basically the upper end of the child-like range. So fairly child-like in focus and emotional/mental resiliency. Probably very Muse depended for emotional support.

>>43433444
I haven't been doing much with muses. I with I was doing more, but I find the setting really overwhelming right now.

>>43435164
X-Risks is supposed to be the next book. It should be out reasonably soon, as there is a little bit of art online now.
>>
>>43440172
Can you post any of the art?
>>
>>43440172
>I with I was doing more, but I find the setting really overwhelming right now.

I think that's one of the things with Eclipse Phase; it can be fucking difficult to deal with everything in the setting and all the options, especially if you're the one running the game. Muses are one of those things that you can sort-of-gloss-over apart from when they come up ("I ask my Muse about X...") or when they're used as GM reminders ("Your Muse reminds you about that meeting you scheduled with Billy") without missing out on too much.

The few times I've played and run EP, it's been the GM running the muses. Muses run by another player would be very fun - and would be something that'd fit in well with the Fate conversion when it happens, I think! - but I would always worry about Getting It Wrong and not playing somebody's muse in the way they'd want their character's muse to act.
>>
>>43440930
Well, standard muses are just space future SIRI unless if you're using another ego or fork of a person as your muse.
>>
>>43435737
Messengers, when you can't trust regular comms and have no quantum comms.

Also, YOU could play as delta fork of a seed AI.
>>
>>43441121
Doesn't a delta of a seed AI still have shit like 90s and 100s in skills?
>>
>>43433444
The one time I've been in an EP game, the GM and the players completely forgot about the muses. It made me miffed that my choice not to have one was made irrelevant.
>>
>>43433444
I don't want to be raped by prehensile dong in a space murder cave
>>
>>43441170
That is fine.

You can be tenderly loved by a condensed TITAN nanoswarm in your own room.
>>
>>43441132
That would be beta fork. Delta fork of a TITAN is slightly above transhuman average.
>>
File: Promethean fork.png (111 KB, 342x525) Image search: [Google]
Promethean fork.png
111 KB, 342x525
>>43441204
Really? I was rechecking the Firewall book to confirm what I was remembering.
>>
>>43441225
Yes. Prometheans are crazy about personal security and send in the most powerful forks they can fit in transhuman-compatible morph, trimming themselves to beta-fork level.
Trim them some more, and their forks won't be much different from your average AGI.
>>
>>43441094
Well, no, they're described as...

>Muses are active agents who want to help their user as much as possible. Unless silenced, muses tend to initiate conversation on a regular basis, both to provide helpful advice and to assess the user's mood.

I think the whole reason there's a chunk of stuff on Muses in the Transhuman book is because there's a pretty big disconnect between "what the muse does" and "what players think the Muse does".
>>
How obsolete is the Jovian navy? Would it be easily destroyed in its entirety be a few cutting edge ships from the outer system?

I am wondering not only how left being they are after 10 years. But also how much their refusal to use AIs would hamper them.
>>
>>43441415
>Outer System (not Ultimates)
>Cutting edge

Pick one
>>
>>43441415
IIRC I'm pretty sure it's mentioned multiple times that the Jovians have an incredibly powerful fleet. They don't skimp on their military.
>>
>>43441415
>But also how much their refusal to use AIs would hamper them.

Presumably it would hamper them a little, but what they have is more than enough considering what it's likely used for - pointing weapons at ships passing through and extracting tolls. You don't really need cutting edge shit to encourage merchant ships to pay their dues.

Against their neighbours? Nobody is going to pick a fight with the Jovians, and the Jovians themselves are unlikely to really start a shooting fight with their neighbours either. Their fleet is presumably strong enough to help act as a deterrent, but the greatest deterrent is "there is no fucking reason to start an expensive shooting war".

Against the TITANs? Well, everyone is fucked against the TITANs. The Jovians (presumably...) feel they've got some defence against them by restricting access to technology that can be subverted. The rest of transhumanity goes the other route, embracing technology that could be subverted. Both are clearly not going to work; not having a gun that can be turned against you doesn't count for much if the people you are fighting can seemingly fuck with the laws of physics, and no amount of fancy weaponry is going to prevent the things that can fuck with the laws of physics from fucking you up either.

So my interpretation is that the Jovian fleet is by no means cutting edge, but it doesn't have to be, because most of the other powers-that-be have accepted they couldn't out-navy them and instead focus on other things.
>>
>>43441875

Yes but how is that possible if they don't use AIs for research and control?
>>
>>43441998
By using people.
>>
How distinctive are the different kinds of morphs by appearance. How distinctive do you like them to be? To Mentats look "brainy" like a Sylph looks sexy? Is the only difference in appearance between a Ruster and a Splicer is red skin or is it something more?
>>
>>43441963

The thing is, a couple of British Ironclads could easily take down whole fleets of obsolete ships.

I think it should be the same for the Jovians.

They my have big guns ok. But if the Ultimates have on board AIs capable of perfectly computing evasive trajectories etc etc...

A couple machine gun squadrons can take down an army of horsemen.

And this is the singularity, technology is progressing vertically now, so in 10 years since the fall those who have used AIs for weapons research will be incomparably more powerful that those who didn't.

So the Jovians are either fucked, or they are secretly using their own airgapped AIs for research and development.
>>
>>43442004

That's not nearly enough to keep ahead of the curve anymore.
>>
>>43441415
>>43441963
When we talk about naval power, let's take a good hard look at who produces those vessels in the first place - combat spaceships are not some puny LOTVs which you can DIY in reasonable time. You need a massive robotic/nanofab array, and there are not much of those arrays in solar system - arguably, they are more important than pandora gates.
The biggest is Pontes - it is stationed above Mars and it is precisely the reason why PC will be the biggest naval superpower in AF20-AF30.
Then there's Korolev Shipyards - they sell to LLA, PC and venusians.
And then there's starware's Vesta Shipyards, the only place where Titanians and Jovians get to buy themselves a military vessel.

As transhumanity eventually recoveres from the Fall, jovian and autonomist military influence are going to fade away either, because only centralized industrial effort and scientific progress make your military hardware potent enough.
>>
>>43442030
Thanks for the plot hook!
>>
>>43442006
https://eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/Identifying+Morphs

Cosmetic surgery is so advanced that you can generally make anything look like anything. Unless the model is distinctive or you have skill ranks in morph design it's pretty hard to tell.
>>
>>43442030
>So the Jovians are either fucked

The Jovians are fucked. Everyone is fucked. The TITANs are many orders of magnitude more powerful than transhumanity.

But, speaking less generally, the Jovian Navy isn't there to fight the Ultimates. Is it cutting edge? No. Is it fit for it's day-to-day purpose? Yes.
>>
>>43441963
>Both are clearly not going to work; not having a gun that can be turned against you doesn't count for much if the people you are fighting can seemingly fuck with the laws of physics, and no amount of fancy weaponry is going to prevent the things that can fuck with the laws of physics from fucking you up either.

So what will work? Learning how to fuck the laws of physics ourselves? Getting the laws of physics to counter-fuck them, WoD Mage style?
>>
>>43442153
Nothing. You can't beat the TITANs. You can't get to TITAN level of technology because something is wiping out civilizations that try and showing us their ruins via Pandora Gates. You can't negotiate with them.
EP is a horror setting for a reason.
>>
>>43441998
I wouldn't be surprised if they do. If you haven't noticed they're kind of hypocritical.
>>
>>43442153
>So what will work?

The horror of the game is that the answer is "well, nothing, really". The TITANs are the king of existential threats for the setting.
>>
>>43442184
>>43442219
This is bullshit. What's the point in removing a man's fear glands if you're putting him in an unwinnable game? He will die before he can think of quitting.
>>
>>43442251
Speaking of removing things, I think somebody's removed my capacity to understand language, because I'm struggling to work out what you're saying.
>>
>>43442266
Scientists removed my ability to feel fear. They did it as part of turning me into the perfect gamer. After all, if a gamer does not fear losing, he therefore will always win. Right?
>>
>>43442305
Unless the game is designed not to be won, but to lose the least.
>>
>>43442305
Fear is good because it lets you know when to retreat or find alternative methods of dealing with a problem.
>>
>>43442312
>>43442324
Rats. My ego was ruined for nothing.

Mark my words, Cognite will pay.
>>
>>43442251
It's not a game. Some kind of godlike entity is fucking up ASI-capable civilizations left, right and center: some are destroyed like Iktomi, some are devastated but left with some survivors for study like humans or factors.
Ever heard of Great Filter theory?
>>
>>43442305
Sometimes the winning move is not to play.
>>
>>43441261
So muses are space tulpas?
>>
>>43442975
Well, you can get muses based off of popular characters.
>>
>>43444716
What degeneracy. Muses should just be programs, no more or less.
>>
So what exactly happened to the Old Earth governments? Of course they've lost most of their power and legitimacy, but I can't imagine them taking the usurpation of political authority by corporations lying down. Furthermore, though limited, there are still lots of people who identify along Old Earth national boundaries, and presumably, plenty of habs with conventional citizenship.

Obviously the Jovians got a bundle of Americans and Brazilians, and sure, Botswana and the Gambia probably didn't make the cut in time to evacuate the Fall, but I'm wondering about the ACTUAL, directly continuous government (in exile, I suppose) of America, Japan, China, Russia, etc. and their status. The big boys should have all had stations in the Lagrange points, and thus I imagine most of them are based in the LLA, but I sincerely doubt that the superpowers prior to the Fall didn't have contingencies for exile that extended beyond evacuating into civilian space and becoming refugees or expatriates.

Furthermore, to what extent do actual states (not necessarily Old Earth) exist anymore? I remember reading something about the PC having municipal governments that sometimes got in the way of hypercorps, but that's pretty limited.
>>
>>43433444
Muses are described by their owner, who then assigns another player to act them out. It's definitely one of the best decisions I made, as it has encouraged a lot of good roleplaying and fun.
>>
>>43444875
Human beings are programs too anon
>>
>>43445042

Well, technically, all the major cities on Mars and the major Aerostats on Venus are city-states, who subscribe to a confederate-type government, though in Mars' case the Tharsis League is heavily puppeted by the PC.

As for the rest, well, there are a couple of places. Horeb, for instance, claims to be Israel in exile and is made up of all the really conservative and aggressive people who really want to cling to the idea of "Israel".

But most governments got pretty fucked. Small governments are completely trashed, and even big ones were basically flattened. Majority of on-Earth assets were wiped out with a majority of on-Earth people. Leaders were killed and at best, restored from an off-site backup. Computer databases were destroyed, which probably fucked a lot of them up because then it gets hard to prove people have citizenship and stuff. Military outposts near-Earth were destroyed or abandoned in the Fall. And while many habs were founded as colonial efforts by Earth nation-states, lots of them had to become semi-independent or form groups like the LLA to survive due to the delays of getting aid direct from Earth. Not to mention, why call yourself, say the "North Atlantic Coalition" when none of you live around the North Atlantic anymore?
>>
>>43445679
>though in Mars' case the Tharsis League is heavily puppeted by the PC

Barsoomian pls
>>
>>43446156

Trufax. Tharsis Terraforming Office is on the Hypercorp Council, it effectively puts all of Tharsis under the umbrella of the PC - which is why the Hypercorps get executive decisions on how terraforming proceeds. It was a deliberate political move to cement control of Mars.
>>
>>43445657
Humans are alive. Programs are just code. You cannot deny that.
>>
>>43446327
Influencing "how terraforming procedes" doesn't make them a puppet government.
>>
>>43446362

Considering how big the TF process and what it involves is, and that the PC dictates the flow rather than the constituents of Tharsis, yeah, that's probably a good start.

But the text iterates several times that the greater Martian government is directly influenced by the Consortium, and despite democratic trappings the actual votes of the Martians don't have as much impact on Tharsis' decisions as the votes of the Council do. That's not always true in individual city states, but is fairly indicative of Mars as a collective unit.
>>
>>43446351
If by "alive" you mean "runs on meat," then sure, humans are alive and programs are not. The thing running on that meat would run just the same, though, if it were running on silicon. Life is a poor indicator of whether something is a valid mind.
>>
>>43446482
The text is written from the perspective of someone who is a member of an anarchist spy agency.
>>
>>43446502
You can't simulate hormones on silicon, though.

Nor can you simulate brains there, contrary to what this game claims. All you'd make is a Chinese room.
>>
>>43440723
http://hideyoshi.deviantart.com/art/Eclipse-Phase-Lunar-Cave-City-567304341

Those Lunar cities are way bigger than I thought.

>>43441260
Those stats are for a promethean delta. There aren't rules for a promethean beta, but those probably just have Yes as the rating for every skill.

>>43441415
The Jovian Space Force is the largest and most powerful SF in the system. The Jovians are pretty cutting edge in most respects, they just regulate nanotech very carefully (which isn't the same as never using it), and don't use ALI, they still have expert systems and such in their ships.

>>43442030
>But if the Ultimates have on board AIs capable of perfectly computing evasive trajectories etc etc...
That's a trivial problem which a person with a math boost or a simple program running on an ecto can solve. The natural of space warfare means there's a fairly limited amount of computational power needed to max out (or get close enough) it's utility. After that, weapon and sensor quality dominates. EP means that a credit card volume can be almost enough computational power.
>>
>>43442153
Running and hiding. Maybe some apocalypse vaults won't get found.

>>43445042
Most old earth governments simply ceased to exist in the fall. The TITANs and hypercorp council did a good job ensuring they didn't have resistance to their plans. A lot of what remains is in the LLA using national habs as headquarters. Some got basically subsumed by other groups, like the NAC (basically the nordic countries and a few others) by the Titanian commonwealth, and some have become aerostat city states, like IIRC Canada.

>>43446681
Yeah you can, infomorphs are full body simulations with really weird senses. There's a full virtualized endocrine system in every non AI infomorph.
>>
>>43446828
>Yeah you can, infomorphs are full body simulations with really weird senses. There's a full virtualized endocrine system in every non AI infomorph.

In the game world, yes. However, it is not possible, and it will never be possible, in real life.
>>
>>43447065
Explain.
>>
File: madstan.jpg (72 KB, 803x598) Image search: [Google]
madstan.jpg
72 KB, 803x598
>>43439365
As if you needed to ask.
>>
File: 1403845192074.gif (963 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
1403845192074.gif
963 KB, 500x245
>>43441191
Ok, we'll do that.
>>
>>43439365
What, murder is okay but not if someone is pregnant? Even at the extreme end of the pro-life argument, you're dealing with a double homicide - so what? That's supposed to cancel out the danger posed by a potential x-threat?

Babies are in fact much dumber than household pets. Your average Sentinel shouldn't even bat an eye at pulling the trigger on a woman and her pet.
>>
>>43447934
>This is what Transhumans actually believe. Fucking frankenfreaks.
>>
>>43447613
Brain matter is too dense to properly encode into chips. Moore's Law is also running into the constraints of the laws of physics, well before the point that it can store a significant fraction of the brain's operating functions.
On top of that, civilization is on the verge of collapse. When that happens, technology will regress to the point where most knowledge will be lost.
>>
File: 1446324773647.jpg (514 KB, 1280x2880) Image search: [Google]
1446324773647.jpg
514 KB, 1280x2880
>>43447983
angry luddite detected

go shitpost elsewhere jamal
>>
>>43447978
If you aren't grown to perfection in a vat and raised in simulspace then you're doing life wrong.
>>
>>43448032
What. That's not how it fucking works.
>>
File: 5bcFVu7.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
5bcFVu7.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>43448063
logh is great
>>
>>43447983
Artificial intelligence is one area that stands to benefit greatly from quantum computing, given that most advances in machine learning these days are just better approximation schemes for a few #P-hard maths problems. Solve the core algorithms in polynomial time and you don't even need a neural network.
>>
>>43448091
Quantum computing is just smoke and mirrors. Physics can't be cheated that easily.
>>43448032
Hey, I wish this science fiction stuff could happen, but the universe doesn't care. It's her rules, and her rules don't allow what we want.
>>
>>43447065
>In the game world, yes.

Which is good, as this is a thread about Eclipse Phase, where we're discussing Eclipse Phase. We can't infect people with a disease that rewrites their brain to the point where they can break the laws of physics either. And in D&D, you can't resleeve into a quadrupedal tank with your buddies.
>>
File: Well Memed.jpg (54 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
Well Memed.jpg
54 KB, 680x583
>>43447983
>Brain matter is too dense to properly encode into chips.

Present day chips yes, but EP computers are using a more developed version of nanoscale-rod logic computers or photonics. Complete nanorod logic computers equal to modern supercomputers can fit into 1 mm3, and photonics computers are supposed to bring Phz consumer CPUs. Your argument only holds water if computational substrates don't change, which isn't a great assumption. There's also spintronics, which EP isn't said to use, which are supposed to be even better.

http://www.jetpress.org/volume13/Nanofactory.htm#s7.6 for an example of nano rod computers.

>On top of that, civilization is on the verge of collapse. When that happens, technology will regress to the point where most knowledge will be lost.

pic related
>>
File: c3an02267f-f1_hi-res.gif (76 KB, 981x925) Image search: [Google]
c3an02267f-f1_hi-res.gif
76 KB, 981x925
>>43448151
>Hey, I wish this science fiction stuff could happen, but the universe doesn't care. It's her rules, and her rules don't allow what we want.

In the first place, computationalism is stupid and wrong, but not because there's a physical law that makes it impossible because obviously it should be possible given a computationalist premise since minds are perceived to work entirely through physical brains. "Brain matter is too dense" is utter nonsense on a number of levels - we can store and access nearly infinite amounts of information simply by creating enough contemporary-level devices to do so, and then there's the fact that given a computationalist premise we can simply appropriate whatever special materials the brain uses to achieve the same functions.

Second, you have no means to say with any degree of certainty what the limits of Moore's Law are, and regardless the status of that trend you can say nothing about the actual limitations on processing itself. Moore's Law is a sociological and economic phenomenon, not a natural or scientific one.

Third, "civilization is on the verge of collapse" is alarmist propaganda befitting a Luddite like you. I bet you're salivating at the prospect of Mother Nature overcoming those nasty mean humans. Well fuck you you little bitch. Civilization is nowhere near collapse and you have no basis for saying so.

Lastly I just want to say that Gaia is a fucking whore and I hope we put out both her eyes with a cigarette before cutting her open from navel to neck and plundering every last useful resource from her wretched corpse.
>>
File: remade.png (456 KB, 1377x1239) Image search: [Google]
remade.png
456 KB, 1377x1239
>>43448060
Exactly. Cognite did nothing wrong, they gave the Lost generation the best possible childhood a transhuman could have
>>
>>43448357
Can't blame them for exsurgent infiltration.
>>
>>43448350
>Well fuck you you little bitch. Civilization is nowhere near collapse and you have no basis for saying so.

But, Anon, they gave the vote to blacks and women and let The Gays get married! The end times are here!
>>
>>43448151
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v526/n7573/full/nature15263.html
Yep. Smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>43448246
>>43448350
>>43448480
Thanks for proving me wrong. There is hope for man yet.
>>
>>43448385
Watts MacLeod gave the Lost tools to set themselves apart from the herd. The exsurgent virus just helped Cognite do what they were already trying to do, but better
>>
>>43448350
>In the first place, computationalism is stupid and wrong, but not because there's a physical law that makes it impossible
so why is it stupid and wrong?
>>
>>43449448
because physicalism is childish at best and clearly incorrect

reality is necessarily ideational
>>
>>43449550
>physicalism is childish at best and clearly incorrect

This is a materialist board. Platonists belong on >>>/lit/
>>
File: 1440527139475.jpg (212 KB, 506x632) Image search: [Google]
1440527139475.jpg
212 KB, 506x632
>>43449620
>This is a materialist board.
well of course it would be, given that this is the domain of fantasy
>>
File: 1436361195745.png (173 KB, 322x292) Image search: [Google]
1436361195745.png
173 KB, 322x292
>>43449656
>There's life outside of the body
>Consciousness comes from something other than matter

M'lord
>>
File: praise it.png (3 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
praise it.png
3 MB, 1200x1200
>>43449711
>M'lord
that's no way to refer to your Goddess punk
>>
What kind of game would be best to run for new players? I'm considering designing a campaign for my rpg group, since I've finally got a group of people who would be willing to put out the time to play it. Would just throwing the players into the setting be best, by having them as egohunters or sentinels or something, so they can experience trying to work through problems that only occur in Eclipse Phase? Or would it be better to ease them in by, say, having a more-traditionally cyberpunk game based on Mars?
>>
>>43450079
Depends on how much of the books they read first.
>>
>>43450079
http://pastebin.com/7F4XG5DU

Here's all the EP modules. Mind the WMD is the introductory scenario included in the quick start rules and it works okay, as do Glory and Bump in the Night. /epg/ usually recommends Think Before Asking but I'm not sure it's actually all that appropriate for new players. Continuity probably isn't a good introduction to EP. Dehumanize Yourself and Face to Bloodshed and A Fishy Situation are the two /epg/ adventures designed for new players

Million Year Echo is intended as a convention game but can also work
>>
>>43450155
As a new GM for this game, having run one game so far with the Continuity module, I definitely agree that Think Before Asking is not a good intro module. For one thing, Think Before Asking doesn't actually give any advice about how to actually run the game, it just lays out the scenario you're using. Honestly if you take it as it's written I think it's way too easy to blitz through and there's not a lot of meat in the scenario. You have to put it there - create your own encounters so the players don't just zip through to the end - and creating encounters for this game is really not something I think you can reasonably do without having run through it for a while.

Continuity was very popular with my group, everyone enjoyed it, and it provides a step by step timeline of exactly what's supposed to happen, which helps immensely.
>>
>>43450391
Continuity is almost guaranteed to end with a TPK. It's not a good idea to introduce players to a game with a scenario that ends with their death based on something they couldn't have known or done anything about.
>>
>>43450442
I mean the very first part of the module warns the players not to do the thing that signs their death warrant, and in the case of my group, most of them listened. Of course the situation is incredibly difficult to survive, and only one of the 6 managed to get out (he went for a trip through space and recovered the farcaster) but my players are all fans of SS13 and Continuity is pretty much your average round of SS13.

Besides, in EP death isn't that big of a deal. PCs may die but it's not really a cause for disappointment or anger, maybe mild frustration at worst, since they've got backups.
>>
>>43450584
>in EP death isn't that big of a deal

It means you lose all the rez you've earned over the course of the campaign, as well as your morph and gear. Most player characters aren't going to have the rep, networking or credits to acquire a new body, let alone weapons, armor or equipment.
>>
>>43450969
Given how skilled the average player character is, shouldn't they be able to work for like a month to get a favor large enough to get a basic morph? Death is an inconvenience to a new character, but a PC is about twice as skilled as the average infugee, and generally far more specialized. It should not be hard to find work good enough to quickly make back your gear.
>>
>>43450969
Unless if it is one of those players who insists on being an infomorph with blueprints and pumped up rep and networking.
>>
>>43450969

>It means you lose all the rez you've earned over the course of the campaign

Only since you've backed up last. PCs should back up regularly to maintain memories and skills.

>Most player characters aren't going to have the rep, networking or credits to acquire a new body, let alone weapons, armor or equipment.

Firewall. Okay, so if you don't have a good networking, it's all take what you can get, but part of the Firewall caveat is that they can get you bodies and equipment - but it'll just be whatever they have handy.
>>
>>43450969
>It means you lose all the rez you've earned over the course of the campaign,

All stats are bound to the backup you're restoring to according to the core rulebook. Nowhere does it say that rez vanishes if you die. I suppose if you gain rez and then die and back up to before you gained that rez you could lose it but honestly when will that actually happen, since rez is rewarded at the end of an adventure.

>as well as your morph and gear.
Morphs are pricey but most gear isn't, and losing access to expensive gear is a reasonable toll for death.
>>
>>43451240
I thought Firewall fully reimburses you if you died while on an op.
>>
File: the funhouse never shuts down.png (153 KB, 411x715) Image search: [Google]
the funhouse never shuts down.png
153 KB, 411x715
>>43451290
Nope. They might not even resleeve you.

Read the book, Firewall is not your friend.
>>
>>43451290

Right, but when are you going to all die horribly with no Plan B when not on a Firewall op? If Firewall wants to continue using Sentinels in dangerous missions, they either need to provide for sentinels or get new sentinels.

>>43451379

You're explicitly quoting a section about loyalty tests and how bad stuff happens to you if you fuck up and show that you're a shitty sentinel. I'm pretty sure that the GM, the final arbitrator of the setting in your game, would be a dick if he counts "getting horribly eaten because you failed some saves on a mission" as being poorly loyal to Firewall. The group should still cover for you while in the field so long as you're not actually being a fuck-up. If you ARE being a fuck-up, then you are probably in a situation of your own making, not the Org's problem. Firewall is not your friend, but they need you to do your fucking job.
>>
>>43451522
>Firewall is not your friend, but they need you to do your fucking job

Which is great for you, until they decide your job is an Eraser and edit you down into a killing machine (34). Or until they decide you aren't allowed to leave and just peel off new forks every time you ask to quit (73). Or until they decide that you really can't do your job anymore, and they mindscrub you and dump you on the street (39).

Firewall is not your friend.
>>
File: OZMA posting.png (63 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
OZMA posting.png
63 KB, 1305x892
>>43451522
>>43451622
>>
>>43451686
>saving the old version

The difference is, I make this meme look good
>>
>>43451622
One of the biggest problems I've had with my last few characters is giving them a reason to join Firewall. It's a pretty shitty organisation to be part of.
>>
>>43451622
The biggest problem I've had with my last few characters is giving them a reason to join Firewall. It's a pretty shitty organisation to be part of.
>>
>>43450079
I actually like Ego Hunter starting off. They get to explore concepts and themes of Eclipse Phase without getting too far ahead, plua I find players are intrigued when you tell them you're all playing remnants or aspects of a single person, who has gone missing.
>>
>>43452771
>>43452800
What about giving your character someone or something they care about, then have Firewall hold that person or thing hostage to force your character to work for them? That's a good enough reason, isn't it?
>>
>>43453381
If they're going to be overtly evil about it they might as well just kidnap the character and use psychosurgery to ensure their loyalty, something the book mentions Firewall doing on occasion
>>
>>43449739
>anime
>in the year 10 AF

I thought they cured cancer in the future
>>
>>43454299
I know you're joking but if anything, EP made cancer take a tangible form.
I mean there are even morphs marketed for furries.
>>
File: 1445894073945.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
1445894073945.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>43451686
>>43451704
>>
File: Costanza011.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Costanza011.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>>43454802
This is /epg/. If you're looking for a lack of /pol/itics, you're in the wrong place.
>>
>>43454856
>>43454802

Also, how is our own OZMA memes /pol/? Is it just because there's a caricature of Will Smith involved?
>>
>>43454802
>Firewall psyops
>in the year 10 AF

Nice try. How's the outer system working out for you? Enjoying that mandatory psychosurgery?
>>
What would be a comfy AF 10 job to have?
>>
>>43459328
There are no comfy jobs. It's all horror, all the time.
>>
File: 1407607915088.jpg (58 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1407607915088.jpg
58 KB, 500x332
Exsurgents are asleep. Post Firewall agents.
>>
>>43459328
>AF 10
>job

I'm guessing "taking all the drugs and enjoying a carefree existence of leisure and self-improvement" doesn't count as a job, right?
>>
File: 1437190557276.jpg (676 KB, 2112x2970) Image search: [Google]
1437190557276.jpg
676 KB, 2112x2970
>>43461707
>>
File: 1440887525623.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440887525623.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>43461707
>>
File: warbot.png (140 KB, 606x374) Image search: [Google]
warbot.png
140 KB, 606x374
>>43461707
>>
File: elite shielder.png (572 KB, 710x764) Image search: [Google]
elite shielder.png
572 KB, 710x764
>>43461707
>>
File: Sentinels.png (1 MB, 1193x755) Image search: [Google]
Sentinels.png
1 MB, 1193x755
>>43461707
>>
File: zeta.jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
zeta.jpg
15 KB, 320x320
>>43461707
>>
File: Firewall sentinels.jpg (31 KB, 400x243) Image search: [Google]
Firewall sentinels.jpg
31 KB, 400x243
>>43461707
>>
File: Sentinels 2.png (1 MB, 1193x771) Image search: [Google]
Sentinels 2.png
1 MB, 1193x771
>>
File: DolphinSpacesuitAS.jpg (202 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
DolphinSpacesuitAS.jpg
202 KB, 800x618
>>43461707
>>
>>43474183
I mean, you could, but why? Neo-dolphin morphs are a hindrance in anything but an aquatic environment.
>>
>>43474384

It's an EVA suit, and Neo-Cetaceans do have some advantages in microgravity environments.
>>
>>43474502
>It's an EVA suit
Obviously.
>Neo-Cetaceans do have some advantages in microgravity environments.
What?
>>
>>43474579

The enemy's gate is down.
>>
>>43474787
Aquatic animals have the same sense of up and down that terrestrial animals have.
>>
>>43474384
I could see it being useful in a space hab flooded with water, mostly as a way to survive potential decompression. Beyond that, not a whole lot, jamming drones handles a lot of EVA work.
>>
>>43474384
To hunt Suryas with missiles.
>>
File: 1384685382341.jpg (122 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
1384685382341.jpg
122 KB, 1131x707
>>43461707
>>
>>43474384
for the same reason they still have EVA suits for humans? Rather than everybody just shifting into an arachnoid-synth?
>>
>>43474873
Presumably the morph would still be better equipped to understand movement in three dimensions, though that's just conjecture on my part.
>>
File: 1446153642533.jpg (189 KB, 768x950) Image search: [Google]
1446153642533.jpg
189 KB, 768x950
live
>>
>>43474384
Yeah, but biomorphs are a hindrance in a vacuum, so you might as well gild the lily while you are at it.

Also, I don't see why you wouldn't have prehensile appendages. A few reptile gene splices and you could have two. The only down side is not being willing to pick up anything intemperate or spiky.
>>
File: 1445505025138.jpg (281 KB, 800x493) Image search: [Google]
1445505025138.jpg
281 KB, 800x493
>>43461707
>>
File: 2cyY9ZL.png (766 KB, 1433x1536) Image search: [Google]
2cyY9ZL.png
766 KB, 1433x1536
>>43461707
>>
>>43446351
Yes they can. It's the fundation of transhumanism.
and the reason Why its bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 833x1047) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 833x1047
>>43449656
Awesomely played. 10/10
>>
What's the best way for a new player interested in this system to get started?
>>
>>43488932
By reading the books.
>>
File: 18490708.jpg (25 KB, 318x475) Image search: [Google]
18490708.jpg
25 KB, 318x475
>>43488932
Read the quick start rules at https://robboyle.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/eclipsephase_quickstartrules.pdf
and then the corebook at https://robboyle.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/ps21000_eclipsephase_4thprinting.pdf
>>
>>43490906
>>43490258
Got it, thanks. Eclipse Phase seems like a pretty neat setting and the system comes off as an evolved version of FFG's traditional games
>>
File: Composite2.png (61 KB, 749x644) Image search: [Google]
Composite2.png
61 KB, 749x644
What alignment is your Sentinel, /epg/?
>>
>>43494552
>alignment in EP
for what purpose
>>
File: Nolan_chart.png (136 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Nolan_chart.png
136 KB, 2000x2000
>>43494552
>>43494595
the only alignment chart in EP that matters
>>
File: eclipse phase politicalcompass.png (9 KB, 499x400) Image search: [Google]
eclipse phase politicalcompass.png
9 KB, 499x400
>>43494773
>m-muh nolan chart

Nice try
>>
>>43495047
Left/right is a fucking terrible axis. Get out.
>>
File: 1376662151225.jpg (24 KB, 171x247) Image search: [Google]
1376662151225.jpg
24 KB, 171x247
>>43495079
>my ideology cannot be classified by any reductionist test, I am an individual snowflake
>>
>>43495047
Why the fuck is the Jovian Republic less right wing than the Lunar-Lagrange Alliance and the Planetary Consortium? They are the most right and the most authoritarian.
>>
>>43496252
I think it means right-wing economically, not politically.
>>
>>43494552
His alignment is on OFF.
>>
>>43494552
Tacticool Flashy, The other characters in the game are mostly Pragmatic Subtle and Pragmatic Neutral.
>>
>>43433444
>feminist dolphin
Why does the absurdity of it make me laugh so much?
>>
>>43495047
Ultimates confirmed for best faction.
>>
>>43496252
>>43496440
This is why the Nolan Chart is superior.
>>
>>43496440
That doesn't really work then for the Anarchists being to the left, presuming that left wing economics here means state intervention in the market, while the anarchists seem to promote abandoning labour for the sake of labour.

It's a shitty chart really.
>>
>>43498758
I'm not sure you can apply serious political theory to people who think Facebook is a viable form of government.
>>
>>43498593
The idea that people still need feminism when changing sex is only slightly harder than changing hairstyle?
>>
>>43498967
I'm not sure you can apply serious political theory if you think that collectivist anarchism is "Facebook: The Government".
>>
>>43499097
I think it was more of a comment on how it is portrayed in the game.
>>
>>43450142
Assume zero
>>
File: 1440168300338.png (188 KB, 376x567) Image search: [Google]
1440168300338.png
188 KB, 376x567
>>43499061
To be fair it's an interest in >historical< feminism.
But yes it makes no sense for a dolphin, they're all monsters.
>>
God damn it Vic, stop injecting your horrible dolphin fetish into everything, I only just saw this thread.
>>
>>43499810
Who's Vic?

And aren't the neo-cetaceans an Uplift reference?
>>
>>43499896

Vic's a guy in my EP game who plays a useless do-nothing dolphin and is literally autistic for Dolphins. He mentioned over Skype that he wanted someone else to make a new EPG thread and we told him to do it his own damn self so I'm pretty sure he's op
>>
>>43499969
>The lady doth protest too much, methinks
Nah, we are just people that grew up fighting an uphill battle against right wingers trying to censor us because "muh children!" only to be then stabbed in the back by left wingers doing the exact same thing because "muh feelz/wymn!" and somehow thinking they are morally superior to the right wingers
Fuck you both and the plague ridden horse you rode in on.
>>
>>43499941
My condolences. That's why I never make Eclipse Phase Generals: my autism would make it an inappropriate edition.
>>
Any recommendations for a good horror-focused premade adventure? Preferably more psychological and not Devotees.
>>
>>43500109
>replying to copypasta
>>
>>43500109
Dude, it's a troll. Don't feed it.
>>
Is there any module that would take PCs from the pre-fall cold storage and then organically introduce them (and players) to the setting? I'm looking for ways to introduce players to the EP without hitting them with a book.
>>
>>43500765
It shouldn't be that hard to write one if there's not one available. PCs wake up from cold storage and find themselves indentured to somebody a bit dodgy, they uncover more horrible things - which'd be a way to show them the sort of crazy fucked up stuff you can do to people given time, money and boredom - and then have the players try and either get the information out there (to Firewall or OZMA if you're interested in folding player characters into those organisations) or for themselves to try and get out of their contracts before they're experimented upon.

"Uploading and the digital emulation of memory and consciousness made possible" happens in the twenty years prior to the Fall, so characters would presumably be familiar with quite a bit of the technology in play, for instance, so it's not exactly going to stop them from having to read the book. If you want to go for complete ignorance of the setting for your player characters, one option would be some heavy duty psychosurgery in the indenture scenario above and gratuitous use of the Edited Memories trait.
>>
File: 1370540080959.jpg (6 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1370540080959.jpg
6 KB, 251x251
>>43498748
>m-m-m-muh nolan chart

It's the same thing but tilted diagonally
>>
>>43502126
That's not how axes work, retard.
>>
>>43433444
Opened this after seeing the thumbnail and thinking.
"Abstract Unikitty art?"
>>
>>43500160
Every edition is an inappropriate edition, Anon, never you fear.
>>
>>43433444
So am I really the only one who noticed that the dolphin put rope play under it's interests
>>
>>43502154
Yes it is you stupid faggot, it just uses "totalitarian" instead of "authoritarian"
>>
>>43503218
And fish too. Mmmm, fish.
>>
File: Justice.jpg (62 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
Justice.jpg
62 KB, 500x465
>>43503218
>sexual interest is listed first
You know they're shit, unless it's something like pic related
>>
File: why_political_compass_is_shit.png (720 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
why_political_compass_is_shit.png
720 KB, 2000x2000
>>43503542
It's not a proper graph if the origin doesn't mean anything. I shooped together the two charts so you can see why rotating it doesn't make it the same.
>>
>>43503132
But if that's true, why hasn't this general been banned?
>>
>>43494552
why the fuck is hedonism in CE? That should be pure neutral.
>>
File: 1419723923127.jpg (109 KB, 374x384) Image search: [Google]
1419723923127.jpg
109 KB, 374x384
>>43504597
>there's nothing evil about pursuing the pleasures of the flesh and ignoring G_d's word]

This is a Catholic imageboard. Apostates belong on >>>r/anarchism
>>
File: 1446831915835.jpg (346 KB, 2324x1794) Image search: [Google]
1446831915835.jpg
346 KB, 2324x1794
So I contacted the devs at this link

>http://eclipsephase.com/contact

[SENT]

Love the game.

Have you considered adding in a space combat rulebook?

[RESPONSE]

Hiya [redacted],

Glad you're enjoying Eclipse Phase!

We do actually have plans for a small book that relates to spacecraft, boarding ships, space combat, etc. It's still in the very early stages.

What excites you about that idea? Tell us what you're interested in!

cheers,
Adam
>>
File: 1446775359569.png (1 MB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
1446775359569.png
1 MB, 1305x892
>>43506201

They want our feedback tg!

We can influence a real book release and not just our homebrews (I like the homebrews tho).
>>
>>43504597
>>43505586
technically it should be chaotic
i could believe in a chaotic neutral hedonist and evil one or possibly even a good one.
ut they are all chaotic by nature
>>
>>43506201
I want to know what happens when a ship strikes colors or surrenders. How do the different factions treat prisoners of war? During Locus I'll bet hypercorp mercenaries captured some anarchist guerrillas and vice versa.
>>
>>43504581
I am constantly surprised that most of us haven't been banned, considering the (hopefully) good-natured political shitstorms we brew together here. Either we manage to slip under the radar, or we have some kind janitor watching out for us.
>>
>>43507467

Generally, /epg/'s shit is at least tangentially related to the game universe or it's stylings.

Or maybe our philosophical fights go over the heads of janitors, who knows.
>>
File: 1446224239311.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1446224239311.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>43507467

>janitors doing their jobs ever
>>
>>43507467
>or we have some kind janitor watching out for us.

OF COURSE! THE JANITOR IS A PROMETHEAN!
>>
File: 1446496259143.jpg (28 KB, 485x451) Image search: [Google]
1446496259143.jpg
28 KB, 485x451
>>43508328

Looks like somebody needs some "voluntary" psychosurgery
>>
File: 1446839295220.png (2 MB, 2048x3000) Image search: [Google]
1446839295220.png
2 MB, 2048x3000
>>43506201

Does space combat in eclipse phase involve lasers?
>>
>>43507012
It seems extremely hard to enforce rules of war in EP. If someone gets captured as an intact stack, what's to stop the captors from having a "safe" copy which they use to prove fair treatment, and a "intelligence" copy which resides in an off the book server far from any ethicists?

I'm curious as well to say the least, because it seems like it's really bad. I wouldn't be surprised if most soldiers/mercs went with a dead switch and emergency farcaster to prevent stuff like that.
>>
>>43508352
Too late, boss. He got himself derezzed already.
>>
File: EP naval strategy.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
EP naval strategy.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43508535
Probably
>>
>>43508352
Hey this isn't voluntary at a
>>
File: 1446822276459.gif (2 MB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1446822276459.gif
2 MB, 100x100
>>43508598

thanks for this.
>>
>>43508642
The important thing is that afterwards you'll believe you gave consent from the beginning, retroactive consent is still consent.
>>
File: 1446729634132.jpg (20 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1446729634132.jpg
20 KB, 256x256
>>43508719

MEMORY RAPE!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: welcome to the future.png (76 KB, 568x2896) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the future.png
76 KB, 568x2896
>>43508582
>A Titanian dreadnought cripples a Jovian frigate, forcing it to surrender
>on boarding it they find the captain, the ship's chaplain, and 231 dead bodies
>the crew committed suicide rather than be brainpeeled and incarcerated in a torture sim
>>
>>43508760
>implying the whole ship doesn't have a deadswitch that turns off the antimatter containment field.
>>
Besides prostitution, what are some of the better options offered to indentures out of cold storage?
>>
>>43512542

Honestly, it's probably dull as fuck and long, but shit like Terraforming Worker is probably not that hard or likely to hurt you, unless you're unlucky enough not to get the memo there's going to be an iceteroid strike, or a flood-plan or something.
>>
>>43512542
Like, you know, regular work.
Plenty of indentures do shitty ass manual work on Mars for decades.
>>
>>43512542
Most indentures don't get a bum deal and work some monotonous job for a while then get a body and keep working.

But those cases don't really drive drama which isn't very interesting when it comes to conflict and the game.

I personally would love to have a story about a working class family, considering the "family" is likely not even related and mostly together by convenience. Imagine how many of those kinds of families exist?
>>
File: 1335417048176.jpg (53 KB, 421x427) Image search: [Google]
1335417048176.jpg
53 KB, 421x427
>>43512542
Profession skills are knowledge skills. A dumb AI can get knowledge skills up to 80. 80 is a professional renowned systemwide for their skills. Dumb AI can therefore do almost any job better than human beings. Therefore the only professions left to indentures are the ones customers would want real egos doing. Therefore prostitution is one of the better options offered to indentures out of cold storage.
>>
>>43514740
>A dumb AI can get knowledge skills up to 80

How the fuck? What books are you reading?
>>
>>43514879
The corebook. Both Kaos and Security AI have Profession: Security Systems at 80,
>>
>>43514879
>>43514957

Also the section on AI in the core.

Though, the Kaos AI at least has a cost of [High] IIRC, as do many other AIs, while the average cost to buy an indenture contract comes out to somewhere equivalent to [Moderate], going by Transhuman.

Especially in places like the PC where you can't buy an AI template and then copy it as many times as you like without buying it, getting a couple of cheap humans to do basic tasks you don't need 80 points in is probably common.
>>
>>43514978
If you don't want AIDS stop being a faggot
>>
File: Sweating man.jpg (25 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
Sweating man.jpg
25 KB, 300x299
>>43515071
ohhh damnnnnnnn
>>
>>43512542
There are supposed to be a lot (The majority IIRC) of indentures working as infomorphs in "dream factories". I'm not sure what they do, but I think it's largely design, QA, and other virtual work.

>>43514740
Profession should probably be an active skill, why it's a knowledge skill when Networking is an active always confused me.
>>
>>43515063
>while the average cost to buy an indenture contract comes out to somewhere equivalent to [Moderate], going by Transhuman.

There's also the whole "an AI doesn't buy products" and "an expanding consumer base / market is good for the economic growth of the Planetary Consortium". If the Planetary Consortium just relied on AIs for everything that they could rely for AIs on, then there'd be fewer people buying the products and using the services. Considering that birth rate is pretty low, bringing people out of cold storage, first as indentures, gives them much finer control of expanding the consumer base. Rather than having to wait for two people who love each other very much to make a tiny new consumer to buy your jeans in fourteen years time, you can just download and sleeve up a brand new one. Yay!
>>
>>43508582
>I wouldn't be surprised if most soldiers/mercs went with a dead switch and emergency farcaster to prevent stuff like that.

Or send in their forks, although that doesn't really make it much better. I'd be curious as to what rules of war there are in Eclipse Phase in general; there's not been much in the way of warfare between the factions so far, and I'm curious as to whether there are any treaties or the like agreed on by some/most/all/few factions as to how war would be conducted.

I could imagine that it'd be difficult to find some rules of war that the Jovians would agree on, for instance, with the other states. If you don't accept that AGI are people, but the people on the other side do, then coming up with an agreement about them in terms of prisoners of war might be difficult.
>>
>>43512542
You mean to an indenture who has no marketable skills?
>>
>>43519061
Yes.
>>
>>43517598
The safest thing to do when you're trying to capture someone in the year 10 AF is to shoot them and take their stack, a lot of "summary executions" are probably just attempts to prevent prisoners from escaping or causing trouble. Anyone still in a body is still a threat, and you aren't going to be the one paying to resleeve them.

Understandably this is horrifying to bioconservatives, and pretty ineffectual since a lot of them don't have stacks
>>
File: groinal.jpg (62 KB, 434x540) Image search: [Google]
groinal.jpg
62 KB, 434x540
>>43461707
>>
File: 21.jpg (45 KB, 268x195) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
45 KB, 268x195
>>43520126
>10 AF
>getting a double polaroid looking at a vacuum cleaner
>>
What's the AF equivalent of missing a flight connection?
>>
>>43520355
packet loss
>>
>>43520380
Wouldn't that damage the ego, though?
>>
>>43520355

You get stuck in the outgoing queue buffer and some other schmuck rents your body?
>>
>>43520355
You step out of the airlock and into hard vacuum
>>
>>43520355
Missing a flight connection. Flight is still a damn good way to get around Mars.
>>
>>43520355
Missing your launch window.
Realizing your clocks were wrong when you're already halfway to Jupiter and you don't have enough fuel left to correct your course.
>>
>>43522170
>you don't have enough fuel left to correct your course
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: 1445148664972.gif (783 KB, 303x270) Image search: [Google]
1445148664972.gif
783 KB, 303x270
>>43522199
The Suits said we needed to cut shipping costs to stay competitive.
>>
File: Night Insertion.jpg (80 KB, 1400x1074) Image search: [Google]
Night Insertion.jpg
80 KB, 1400x1074
>>
File: promethean.jpg (42 KB, 609x342) Image search: [Google]
promethean.jpg
42 KB, 609x342
>>43461707
>>
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/11/5d-electronic-blood-ibms-secret-sauce-for-computers-with-biological-brain-like-efficiency/
>>
File: Sentinels 3.png (988 KB, 1195x722) Image search: [Google]
Sentinels 3.png
988 KB, 1195x722
>>
>>43528753
For a second, my brain parsed the guy on the left as the feels guy.
>>
>>43528753
Man, what's up with cyberpunk and horrible haircuts? Also, that's clearly two separate groups. One is yellow and the other is purple.
>>
File: 1413418664755.jpg (692 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1413418664755.jpg
692 KB, 1280x1280
>>43461707
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.