[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every once in a while, it's good to let an adventuring party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1439620814968.jpg (150 KB, 701x490) Image search: [Google]
1439620814968.jpg
150 KB, 701x490
Every once in a while, it's good to let an adventuring party face off against a group of opponents that are a lot weaker than them.
>>
Yea, makes them feel strong, and cuts down on power creep. Also there is chance to brighten the mood.
>>
It does give players the chance to explore their options and potentially do more interesting things than what is the most efficient/effective.
>>
>>43102871
Nope, players should be always in the weaker side, otherwise they'll get cocky.
>>
>>43104049
Depends on the genre, really. Horror? Yeah, fuck em up. Superheroes? Throw disposable mooks by the dozens.
>>
>>43104049
You should like an awesome GM
>>
>>43104049
>ways in the weaker side, otherwise they'll get cocky.

Thats how you fuck with them though
Get them cocky and then drop them in a situation where they make bad decisions.

A good GM has to be a manipulative subtly meta gaming bastard
>>
>>43104450
>A good GM has to be a manipulative subtly meta gaming bastard

Hows that you vs players thing going?

Real good GM's just provide what the players are looking for, whilst having fun themselves aswell.
>>
>>43104517

Bah.
Its not about me VS them

Its about narrative.
Thats what tabletop is all about. Collaborative story telling.

I do my best to nudge them toward a fulfilling and interesting story.
>>
>>43104599
I totally agree with that. But you dont need to be a manipualtive bastard to pull that off.

The best stories come if you colaborate with your players. Even during the game if need be,
>>
>>43104619

I play on things I know the Players are invested in.
Like making them think. Im going to burn down a bar one of them owns. I have zero intention to do so but it ups the tension and works

The game I run is a Dresden files game.
Which requires them to have limited access to information and spend a great deal of time investigating.

Like any film noir story there needs to be more to something than it initially seems.

I have to get into the mind of the BBEG when running a game and have things play out as they would.

And the current BBEG is a Fae.
A Fae one of the party members tried to kill.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.