[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to make a 5e character that can manipulate life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Cleric_Female.png (1 MB, 1603x1800) Image search: [Google]
Cleric_Female.png
1 MB, 1603x1800
I want to make a char that can both heal and take life to manipulate it, kinda like a necromancer.

I still want to heal though. Not 'cause I want to heal people, but because I want to heal people for money in-game.
>>
Cleric
>>
Play a cleric?
>>
Might try a cleric.
>>
Cleric sounds good.
>>
>>43096877
>Cleric_female.png
>kinda like a necromancer
>I still want to heal

You already know the answer, so why bother asking?
>>
Aye, cleric does sound good, but what kind of cleric, which spells, etc...?
>>
>>43096986
The one in the PHB, that lets you make your own character.
>>
(OP) In the PHB, there are 7 domains, right? The life one heals and there's another that deals with death. How could I combine the two, or have a decent substitute so that I can both heal and raise the dead?
>>
>>43096877
Fighters can take medic/medicine skills and put swords in things.

Bam, you're welcome.
>>
File: 2e Necromancy.png (71 KB, 396x119) Image search: [Google]
2e Necromancy.png
71 KB, 396x119
>>43096877
>still want to heal though.
Healing spells are necromancy, newfag.
>>
>>43097219
Huh. I never new that.

So I can get cure wounds and whatnot if I go down the necromancy line?
>>
>>43097136
take the Death domain.
Most life spells are on the Cleric list already anyways

Done.

>>43097219
They're Evocation in 5e, for some bizarre reason.
>>
File: 1441382125203.jpg (927 KB, 901x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441382125203.jpg
927 KB, 901x1200
>>43097136
Use your noggin.
The domains give you a few bonus prepared-all-the-time spells, and you pick from the Cleric Spell list for the majority.

Anyways, Wizards don't get healing spells, nor do Warlocks. What you'll want is a Lore Bard who can pick up spells from any list at a couple milestones, Death Cleric for the normal healing abilities and some undead stuff as domain bonuses, or Favored Soul (Life) Sorcerer.
>>
>>43097257
>>43097274
Cheers you two. I'll look into it. Anything I should be wary about?
>>
File: 1432528066275.jpg (50 KB, 400x686) Image search: [Google]
1432528066275.jpg
50 KB, 400x686
>>43097306
Raising undead* is distinctly Evil in Forgotten Realms, since the process is based on animating the bodies with minor evil spirits. Even if you use them to do good acts, if your magic leash on them fails due to wearing off, being taken by another mage, or simply a vague command, they will harm innocents, as they are wont to do. If your character raises dead unabashedly, they are evil. Unless you're not in Forgotten Realms; then, consult your DM/setting guide.

*This applies to undead, not reviving souls via things like Resurrection.
>>
File: Cure Light Wounds.png (156 KB, 404x384) Image search: [Google]
Cure Light Wounds.png
156 KB, 404x384
>>43097246
>So I can get cure wounds and whatnot if I go down the necromancy line?
Nope. Healing stuff is categorized as necromancy, but they're still priest spells. But as a cleric you can still raise undead, so there's really no down side to going with that route.

>>43097257
>Evocation
What. That make even less sense than when they had them as conjuration.

Well, in any case, it should be too hard to ask your DM to let you cast them as necromancy instead.
>>
Thanks again. Any race in particular who'd be the most effective? I'd assume one with decent wisdom?
>>
>>43097483
I think the logic is that positive energy is an energy type that just happens to heal, no different than cold or acid. Evocation is the school of drawing on power from the elemental planes for flashy instantaneous effects, so you heal by shooting a bolt of positive energy the same way you throw a fire ball. Necromancy makes a lot more sense if you aren't using the planescape great wheel though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.