[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /tg/, in next few days I'm probably gonna have some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Funposting_Intensifies.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Funposting_Intensifies.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Hey, /tg/, in next few days I'm probably gonna have some free time that I might wish to spend productive doing something for you.
I'm a shitty graphic designer/front entrance developer, so it would probably be some kind of a website. I thought about another "funny" generator (no idea for a theme) as I did them before, but I'd like to listen what you might need. Preferably not anything too challenging, so don't expect me to program an AI GM.
So, what kind of /tg/-related website/generator would you like to see?
>>
>>43055205
I regret ever making that webm. Don't be like me. Don't make something you end up regretting.
>>
>>43055353
It's funny, because it's exactly what your mother said about you.
>>
>>43055205

How about a setting generator? Most of them out there are shitty and sparse. Like what you'd see in those civ threads images, but even more decked out with stuff. It could help people come up with ideas for settings a little more easily than "how do i make X a setting' and shit.
>>
>>43055476
Actually, it's one of those things I've been thinking about.
What kind of information would you like in such generator? Lots and lots of numbers?
>>
>>43055566

Well, I guess a larger variety of races, types of settings, maybe stats for them with some variables based on where the settings are. Like a magical race having a harder time in an antimagic area, or a bonus if they're next to some ancient magical ruins.

There's so many variables possible and it would be a nice tool to have for starter GMs who need a basic plot and setting thrown out there. Not sure how easy it'd be to make an entire world full of civs as opposed to one. I don't figure you're about to become the toady of civ generators or anything. But something like those civ threads, plus legends mode of DF might be nice. Just to give people a starting point for fleshing stories out and have a basic world already there.
>>
>>43055205
Generic event generator. (Group or individual)(does something to)(another group or individual)(in a place) can do cool stuff.
>>
>>43055205
I tried my hand once at a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stand maker. Basically I made a list of a bunch of bands/musical artists and paired them randomly with a superpower I got from somewhere.

Didn't do very well, so I'd like to see what someone with more experience could do with it.
>>
File: Lasers_and_Feelings.pdf (457 KB, 1x1) Image search: [Google]
Lasers_and_Feelings.pdf
457 KB, 1x1
>>43055770
Mite b'cool. Like some wacky adventure plot hook. Something like pdf related.
>>
>>43056740

Is there more to that? Seems a bit sparse for a game based around that.
>>
NPC generator?
>>
A random spell name generator.
>ray of read magic missile
>firefrog swarm
>gaseous steed
>Bigby's forceful feast
>overland haste
>lightning hands
>globe of polymorph self
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.