[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MKK - Mortal Kombat Quest #30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: MKK3.png (217 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
MKK3.png
217 KB, 620x465
Hello and welcome back to Mortal Kombat Konquest!

When we last left our hero, he was catching up on events he missed during a particularly long nap, one that took twenty years. With all of his former allies now two decades older and with families of their own, Kaito has a lot to take in. After spending some time with Johnny and his daughter Cassie, he went to Arctika to visit Sub-Zero and his new Lin Kuei.

Obligatory Thread Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

Past Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mortal+Kombat+Konquest
Thread 6 (improperly archived): http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/40414231/

Our Current Protagonist: http://pastebin.com/be1fQsKY
Rules for Kombat: http://pastebin.com/Ztq1QQua
Damashi's Twitter for updates about the game: https://twitter.com/DamashiKonquest

Our story continues now!
>>
File: arena_wu-shi-academy.jpg (105 KB, 610x300) Image search: [Google]
arena_wu-shi-academy.jpg
105 KB, 610x300
>>44664502

After spending another day with the Lin Kuei and training some more with Zian (and using some of his healing ability to ensure that the young cryomancer's leg is unharmed), Kaito decides that it is time to leave. Sub-Zero, Sareena, Zian and Smoke come to see him off, though Smoke's daughter is absent.

"Can we expect you again soon?" Sareena asks.

"I'll be able to visit whenever I please as soon as I get my boat back," Kaito replies. He looks at Sub-Zero, who nods.

"You are welcome at our temple any time," he says with a warm smile, which Kaito finds a bit ironic due to his mastery of cold.

"Sub-Zero and I will consider what you have told us," Smoke adds. Earlier that day, Kaito met with Sub-Zero and Smoke in private and described to them Johnny Cage's plan for a new generation of the Defenders of the Realm. Though Sub-Zero seemed to be intrigued by the idea, especially since it would mean broadening his son's horizons, Smoke was more hesitant. Kaito can only guess as to the cause of his hesitation, but it must have something to do with Vapor.

After saying goodbyes to his old and new friends, Kaito calls for Raiden. He appears in person this time, and the Lin Kuei bow before him. He urges them to rise and exchanges brief words with Sub-Zero before taking Kaito back to the Sky Temple.

As Kaito explains to Raiden that he desires to visit the Shaolin next, Raiden says that he will accompany him. Together they both vanish in a flash of light. When they appear in China, the sky is bright with the morning sun. Raiden is once more wearing a familiar straw hat and a dark blue robe around his shoulders, looking almost like a begger.

Before them lies the entrance to the rebuilt Wu Shi Academy.

>A) Approach the Wu Shi Academy with Raiden
>B) Ask him who are the current masters of the Academy
>C) Ask him why he dresses like a begger here
>D) Ask him how long ago was the academy rebuilt
>E) Other (Write-in)
>>
>>44664515
>A) Approach the Wu Shi Academy with Raiden
I wonder if Bo Rai Cho is in the house
>>
File: monk12122152.jpg (158 KB, 606x899) Image search: [Google]
monk12122152.jpg
158 KB, 606x899
>>44664694

As the pair approach the main gate, two monks in orange robes stand guard. One of them looks up and is about to speak, but immediately recognizes Raiden and bows, as does his fellow monk. They are able to pass through the gate unhindered.

"Must be nice," Kaito says.

"I was watching your reception at the Lin Kuei temple. I thought you might prefer easier passage."

They are met within the inner courtyard by a slightly older monk, who bows to Raiden. "Lord Raiden, your presence graces us."

Raiden urges him to stand. "I shall not remain for long. I am here with my friend. Please, attend to him and make him feel comfortable during his stay at the academy."

The monk bows his head once more and Raiden looks at Kaito. "I would like to take a walk."

Kaito is about to ask why when Raiden turns around and strolls off into the nearby gardens. He may be much more mellow than twenty years ago, but he's just as arbitrary.

"Greetings," the monk says, bowing his head to Kaito. "I am Guy Lai. How may I help you, honored visitor?"

>A) I'd like to know where Kung Lao is
>B) Who else is currently at the academy?
>C) What is the recent history of the Academy?
>D) Are you a member of the White Lotus Society?
>E) Other
>>
>>44664781
>A) I'd like to know where Kung Lao is
>B) Who else is currently at the academy?
Is Master Bo Rai Cho present?
>>
File: Cyrax_End4.jpg (46 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Cyrax_End4.jpg
46 KB, 600x338
>>44664809

"I'm an old friend of Kung Lao. Is he here? I'd like to know where he is."

"Master Kung Lao is here," Guy confirms. "I do not believe he is currently teaching anyone today; he can usually be found in the center ring of the academy. Would you like me to take you there?"

"Please. Say... Master Bo Rai Cho wouldn't happen to be in, would he?"

"No. He does not visit as often as he used to, ever since he opened up his own school in Outworld."

"Really? He has his own school now? Interesting..."

As they pass under a red archway and head towards the heart of the academy, Kaito turns his head as something yellow catches his eye. It is none other than Cyrax! At first he stops, thinking perhaps there is some manner of trickery afoot, but as he watches the cyborg, he observes as the mechanically-augmented ninja leans down to pick up a flower and examine it.

"That's Cryax, isn't it?" he asks Guy Lai.

"Yes. He came to us seeking inner peace and calm after he was forced into becoming a cyborg. Now he has retired here to live a life of contemplation and peace."

>A) Approach Cyrax
>B) Pass by him, but wave
>C) Continue on and leave him be
>D) Ask Guy Lai why he hasn't undergone surgery to remove the cyberization
>E) Other
>>
>>44664909
>>
>>44664909
>D) Ask Guy Lai why he hasn't undergone surgery to remove the cyberization
We'll talk later. Formal greeting to the head of the school first.
>>
>>44664909
Did we have any substantial interaction with Cyrax?
>>
>>44664952

One time we found him in the desert and saved his life by carrying him to the other heroes.

Along the way we used his lightsaber to kill a giant mongolian death worm that shot lightning and acid.
>>
>>44664952
We never actually met. Kaito found him in the desert in a half-concious state, and he asked to kill him. Kaito dragged him out, and trough the desert to safety, but he couldn't take part in the defense. Pre-Sento Kenshi did make good use of his lightsaber tough
>>
File: Kung_Lao_1MKX.png (1 MB, 960x1013) Image search: [Google]
Kung_Lao_1MKX.png
1 MB, 960x1013
>>44664926
>>44664934
>>44664952

"Why hasn't he undergone surgery or had something done to remove his cyber-armor and mechanical processes? Sub-Zero was once in a similar situation to him, but was cured."

"It is a choice entirely his own. I do not personally know his reasons why; I have never spoken more than a few words to him. He is very reclusive but Master Kung Lao spends much time with him and they speak of a great many things together."

As they pass by him, Kaito waves; Cyrax seems to take notice and stares but does not immediately react.

Kaito turns back to Guy and says, "I used that guy's lightsaber to kill a giant worm once, you know."

Guy looks at him, unsure of how serious he is, before continuing on to the center of the academy.

A massive bronze and stone circular platform, held aloft by five massive ropes connected to large statues of monks, forms the center arena of the Wu Shi Academy. Various monks and others are gathered around in meditation and to observe, but the only one currently on the platform is none other than Kung Lao himself.

Guy and Kaito stop and watch as Kung Lao performs his moving meditation, flowing his arms, legs and joints in an elaborate, almost dance-like trance. With punches, kicks and twists, his performance is similar to a kata, going through choreographed motions in a fluid form.

His razor-bladed hat, the signature of his fighting style, remains atop his head; it's the first thing Kaito saw of him that confirmed his identity.

>A) Let Kung Lao finish his form
>B) Interrupt him by calling out
>C) Walk out towards the platform
>D) Try and find Raiden
>E) Other
>>
>>44665056
>E) Other
Ask Guy how long this usually takes. We don't want to stend there till dusk.
>>
>>44665056
>>
>>44665056
>>A) Let Kung Lao finish his form
We ain't in a hurry
>>
File: Kung_Jin_RENDER.png (247 KB, 480x498) Image search: [Google]
Kung_Jin_RENDER.png
247 KB, 480x498
>>44665076
>>44665104
>>44665188

Kaito leans over to Guy. "How long does this usually take?"

"An hour. I believe he may be nearly finished."

"Is it bad to interrupt?"

"It is considered very improper to do s---"

Suddenly, both their eyes are drawn to the ring as a younger man strides onto it, calling out Kung Lao's name. Lao immediately stops his motions and turns to look at him.

"Who is that?" Kaito asks.

Guy sighs, his brow furrowed in deep frustration. "That would be Master Kung Lao's cousin Jin."

The young man is wearing somewhat ornate regalia of a Shaolin variety, carrying some kind of bent staff with a dragon head carved on top and a bronze headdress that frames his face. He is speaking to Kung Lao about something.

Kaito looks at the other monks, including Guy, who seem visibly irritated at his presence and interrupting the master. Lao, however, shows no signs of anger, speaking to his younger cousin in a stately manner.

>A) See what happens next
>B) Head down to the ring
>C) Ask Guy Lai what's up with the hate
>D) Seek out Raiden
>E) Other
>>
>>44665213
>A) See what happens next
>B) Head down to the ring
Try to get into his field of vision, and wave him if he notices us.
>>
>>44665213
>>A) See what happens next
>>C) Ask Guy Lai what's up with the hate
If he's Lao's cousin, why do I got the feeling you all don't like him?
>>
>>44665264
It's really really annoying if you take care of something (like etiquette and porotocol for instance) and someone just walks all over it.

It's doubly so if you aren't allowed to stop them
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>44665236
>>44665264

As the Kung cousins continue to converse, Kaito looks at Guy and asks, "Seems like you don't care much for him."

"He has no respect for tradition," Guy replies. "We tolerate him because the master does."

Kaito looks back down in the ring and sees the duo finish their conversation. Jin puts a hand on Lao's shoulder and pats it before walking away. He passes by two monks, who give him blank and sour stares, but he ignores them and continues on.

Kung Lao lowers his hat a bit and prepares to sit, perhaps to meditate some more.

>A) Intercept Kung Jin
>B) Head down and talk to Kung Lao
>C) Ask Guy Lai a few more things
>D) Other
>>
>>44665738
>D) Other
Meditate with Kung Lao.
AKA
Chill with him
>>
>>44665738
>>B) Head down and talk to Kung Lao
If he is out of his ring thing
>>
>>44665759
Yes
>>
>>44665759
I can get behind this.
Maybe we could balance some water around us, trying to figure out how to summon it.
>>
File: mkxbrute_KungLao.jpg (45 KB, 362x330) Image search: [Google]
mkxbrute_KungLao.jpg
45 KB, 362x330
>>44665759
>>44665772
>>44665788
>>44665849

Kaito nods at Guy Lai and walks down the path leading to the platform. As he steps forth, Kung Lao does not raise his head, but speaks.

"Interesting... Twenty years, hasn't it been?"

"How did you know it was me?" Kaito asks as he nears the Shaolin master.

Lao tips up his razor blade hat as he raises his head. "I heard your name on the wind."

Kaito sits down across from him. "Really? You can do that?"

Lao smirks. "No. Raiden told me."

The younger warrior chuckles a bit. "Good to see you, Lao. Or is it Master Lao now?"

"Lao is fine for an old friend. It is good that you are well, Kaito---I was not the only one who worried that you may never awaken, but I always believed that you would when the time was right."

'Or when a giant suit of armor on a demiplane determined it to be so,' he thinks to himself. "I'm just glad to be up, but I missed a lot. I'm glad that you seem to be doing well. I like your moustache."

He smirks in response. "After Liu's grandfather passed on, I took up the title of the academy master. It is an honor I have been thankful to uphold. But enough about me, are you hungry? We can proceed inside if you wish."

>A) Walk and talk with him into the academy
>B) Ask him about Kung Jin
>C) Ask him about Bo Rai Cho and his school
>D) Ask him about Cyrax
>E) Ask him to meditate with you a while; food and talk can wait
>F) Other
>>
>>44665990
>A) Walk and talk with him into the academy
Damn it Raiden. Ruining the surprise all over the place.
>F) Other
Just some general catch up. We'll talk about whatever
>>
>>44665990
>>B) Ask him about Kung Jin
>>C) Ask him about Bo Rai Cho and his school
>>D) Ask him about Cyrax
Time to catch up
>>
>>44666153
>>44666268

As they walk into the academy, stopping in a comfortable room with a soft carpet and a low table that they both sit at. Another monk brings in a simple tea set and begins to brew. Kung Lao simply drinks water.

"So, how's your cousin?"

"He is learning. A bit headstrong, but good of heart and of noble intentions. Shortsighted. But wisdom comes from experience and making mistakes; I am certain that he has the makings of a fine martial artist within him."

"Some of the others seem to hold him in some contempt."

Lao pauses before shrugging. "This is true. I have received complaints about his complacency and lack of tradition. But he is family and I love him as family."

Kaito nods. "We can't change our family, that's for certain." A monk hands him a cup of tea and he thanks the man. "So, I heard Bo Rai Cho has a school now?"

Kung Lao sips and nods. "You recall Yanake, yes?"

"Remember that for me, the invasion was only a very short time ago," Kaito reminds him.

Lao holds up a hand. "Of course. After returning to her lands, many immigrants from the territory that Bo Rai Cho were attracted to his tales of her. Eventually, a few years after the invasion, he led an expedition across the Outworld sea to reach her kingdom with his fellow immigrants. He has established a school there, high up in the mountains, where he trains students. Occasionally, we send students to learn from them, and he sends students to learn from us."
>>
File: 1348550068856.jpg (70 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1348550068856.jpg
70 KB, 600x450
>>44666621

"I also noticed Cyrax on the way in. Why is it that he is still a cyborg? I was told that he is living a life of peace now, but doesn't his mechanical side of things make it difficult?"

"During his time as an OWEA agent, he underwent a number of surgeries and operations. He is not as mechanical as he once was, and they have helped him regain full control over himself, but after enough time he discovered that he no longer desired to engage in combat. His experience with the Cyber Initiative changed him in more ways than physical and it has been a task of mine to help him recover and find his center. He is a very spiritual being now; in many ways, his inability to feel things as we do has allowed him to reach a state of being that many Shaolin attempt; albeit through forced and mechanical means. But he is much more serene now than he once was."

Kaito listens; he's rather impressed with how calm and wise Lao seems to be in his older age. Much like Sub-Zero, he has grown to fit the position he now holds.

>A) So, I heard you have a daughter?
>B) What if I told you that I knew a place where Cyrax could purge his cybernetics from his body and be fully healed?
>C) How caught up with the politics of Outworld are you?
>D) Does Liu Kang still come and visit?
>E) Other
>>
>>44666640
>C) How caught up with the politics of Outworld are you?
Mention Johnny's idea. Tell it's because he thinks the realms and factions need something to have in common. Ask if he thinks that's necessary.
>>
>>44666640
>A) So, I heard you have a daughter?
who's the mom? Eh?Eh?
>>
>>44666923
He has a daughter?
>>
>>44667042
Su-Zero said he heard a rumor. That's all.
>>
>>44666640
>>A) So, I heard you have a daughter?
>>D) Does Liu Kang still come and visit?
>>
>>44666713

"How caught up are you with the current politics of Outworld?"

"In what manner?"

"Well, I was speaking with Johnny, who has been thinking of putting a team together. A new team, like the old. New Defenders."

"Interesting. Does he believe Earthrealm is in danger?"

"He'd like a safety net. A team ready to go if something should happen."

Kung Lao puts down his cup. "For hundreds of years, the Wu Shi Academy and the Temple of Light housed the White Lotus Society. Many believed that no harm could come; then the academy was destroyed by the tarkatans. Liu Kang and I worked hard to rebuild this place, and our intent has always been to not make the same mistakes as those who came before us."

"So... what do you think?"

"I think that a team is a wonderful idea. As for your earlier question, yes, I am well-versed in the situation between Outworld's borders. It is stable, for now. But trouble brews with each year of Shao Kahn's passing."

"What do you mean?"

"Shao Kahn kept an iron rule over almost the entirety of Outworld, and what portions he did not control, he kept in line. Kotal Kahn is a fine leader but circumstances have led to Outworld's territories becoming fractured and independent. Shao Kahn conquered many realms and a great many peoples were subjugated by him; now that he is gone, many seek to re-establish their cultures. Perhaps the resurrection of Edenia is what truly set it in motion; after they parted from Outworld, others may have been inspired to attempt to do the same."

"Would that be so bad?" Kaito asks.

"Not all would agree with you," Kung Lao replies.

He lets that hang in the air for a moment before Kaito decides to change the subject. "So, I heard you have a daughter now?"

Lao looks up from his water. "Yes."

Kaito waits for him to elaborate, but when he does not, he asks, "Is she around?"

"I'm afraid not."
>>
File: kung-tempest.jpg (19 KB, 465x676) Image search: [Google]
kung-tempest.jpg
19 KB, 465x676
>>44667393

Kaito looks a bit concerned. "Is this a sensitive subject?"

"No, not at all. She is away, studying at Master Bo Rai Cho's school. She doesn't prefer Earthrealm. It is not her home realm."

Kaito puts his cup down. "Her mother is from Outworld?"

"She was, yes."

Kaito lowers his cup. "What happened to her?"

"Even with the peace between its current rulers, Outworld can be a very dangerous place. Bandits attacked my wife and daughter while they were travelling."

"Were you with them?"

"No. I was here, in Earthrealm, assisting Liu Kang with the academy. When news reached me I travelled to Outworld immediately to find them. But only one was still alive."

Kaito listens in silence as he continues, "I found the bandits and my daughter and retriever her. But... she has never quite forgiven me for what happened while I was away."

"Lao, I'm sorry," Kaito says as he finishes. "But it can't have been your fault."

"I have made my peace with what happened. I know that some things are beyond the reach of even the strongest mortals, and the closer we try to hold onto something, the more it can slip through our fingers like sand."

Kaito considers his words. Did his attempts to reconnect with his daughter after the mother's death only cause her to rebel from him?

Kung Lao looks up. "Life is full of many trials, Kaito. I have mine, and Meiying has hers, but I cannot force her to allow me into her life. If she desires it, she will come here."
>>
File: render.jpg (493 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
render.jpg
493 KB, 800x1000
>>44667445
>>44667088

"What about Liu Kang? Does he still come and visit?"

"Yes, he does. Every now and then. Though he more permanently resides in Edenia now with Kitana."

"And how are they doing?"

"Very well, last I heard. Everyone respects his position as Mortal Kombat Champion, though some question his choice to live with Kitana. I personally am very happy for my friend."

>A) So, you said you were interested in the team? Anyone you would recommend?
>B) Do you think I could help you reconnect with your daughter?
>C) How is the current condition of the Wu Shi Academy?
>D) What if I told you that I knew a place where Cyrax could purge his cybernetics from his body and be fully healed?
>E) Other
>>
>>44667461
>>A) So, you said you were interested in the team? Anyone you would recommend?
>>C) How is the current condition of the Wu Shi Academy?

i dont know if the healing pool is still around some one could have destroyed it
>>
>>44667461
>A) So, you said you were interested in the team? Anyone you would recommend?

I dont know about cyrax body. He said he already got peace by being a robot
>>
>>44667549
>he
i mean Lao said
>>
>>44667461
"You know, I've never been worried for it, but after meeting with you again, I feel like the academy is perfectly safe."

>>44667522
Well it's been around for who-knows-how-long before Kaito found it, and Plox is a tough nut to crack

>>44667549
I think that's something we should ask him personally
>>
File: ar27.png (71 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ar27.png
71 KB, 200x200
>>44667522
>>44667549
>>44667568
>>44667587

"How is the Wu Shi Academy doing these days? Things going well?"

"We have swelled with those seeking our guidance. In the decades since the invasion many people have sought to help defend Earthrealm from threats from other realms. The Shaolin, Lin Kuei, Shirai Ryu and Special Forces are the top contributors for new soldiers to help defend it."

"I guess the invasion brought those groups to the forefront just by our being members of the Defenders, huh?"

"Not so much the Shirai Ryu, but Master Hasashi has done well with his reborn clan."

"I'm glad that the academy here is in your hands, Lao. It seems that you've done a great job with it.

At that moment, a man enters the room. Kaito looks up and sees that he is older than Kung Lao, with long white hair and a bushy beard, with thick eyebrows. He wears brown and golden robes. Kung Lao rises and they both bow to each other.

"Kaito, this is Master Shujinko, a very respected member of the White Lotus Society and a master of many different styles of martial arts."

"I have heard much of your exploits," Shujinko says, bowing to Kaito.

Kaito blinks a few times. Shujinko... During the inter-reality crisis, he met and fought a younger version of this man, who claimed to be the Champion of the Elder Gods and was working for some kind of entity known as Damashi...

>A) Greet Master Shujinko
>B) Ask him if he knows a 'Damashi'
>C) Are you the champion of the Elder Gods?
>D) Ask him how he learned so many martial arts
>E) Other
>>
>>44667756
>>A) Greet Master Shujinko
>>B) Ask him if he knows a 'Damashi'

didnt see this guy coming
>>
>>44667756
>A) Greet Master Shujinko
>B) Ask him if he knows a 'Damashi'
Cannot resist
>>
File: chess.png (24 KB, 128x256) Image search: [Google]
chess.png
24 KB, 128x256
>>44667798
>>44667806

Kaito rises and bows to Shujinko. "Say... You wouldn't happen to know anyone named 'Damashi' would you?"

Shujinko seems a bit thrown off by the question. "Damashi? I have never heard of the name."

Kaito narrows his eyes. "Are you sure? Kind of a fireball-looking kind of guy?"

Shujinko shakes his head. "I am positive I have never encountered any such 'Damashi' in my travels." He is silent for a moment as he looks between Kung Lao and Kaito. "If you will excuse me," he says to Kung Lao. He hurriedly leaves the room.

Lao looks at Kaito. "What was that about, Kaito?"

"I don't know," Kaito replies, scratching his head a bit. He can't help but feel that Shujinko left the room a bit too quickly after Damashi was mentioned...

>A) Ask Kung Lao some questions about Shujinko
>B) Ask to stay with the Shaolin for a few days
>C) Ask if you may train here at the Academy
>D) Ask about other teachers and masters here at the academy
>E) Other
>>
>>44667931
>>A) Ask Kung Lao some questions about Shujinko
>>D) Ask about other teachers and masters here at the academy
>>
>>44667931
>A) Ask Kung Lao some questions about Shujinko
How long has he been here? Where does he come from?
>>
File: cutout.png (164 KB, 352x378) Image search: [Google]
cutout.png
164 KB, 352x378
>>44667952
>>44667977

Kaito looks back at Lao as they both sit once more. "How long has Master Shujinko been here? Where does he come from?"

"Several years. He is from these lands originally, but in his youth, he travelled to many realms on a quest. After years of learning much from many different warriors, he returned here to become a teacher. He has been doing so for at least five years."

"I recognize him from somewhere else..." Kaito says. "But maybe I'm thinking of someone else." He cups his chin. 'Or perhaps the Shujinko I met was from another timeline entirely...' he thinks to himself.

"What other masters are at the academy?"

"We have few elders who survived the attack during the invasion. Master Shujinko and myself stay and live here. Master Bo Rai Cho occasionally graces us with his presence. Liu Kang, while not formally recognized as a master by the Order of Light, is an honored guest and occasional instructor. There are the gods, such as Raiden and Fujin, but few initiates meet them in person. There are also those who eternally wander, such as Kai."

"Kai? I don't believe I've ever met him."

"He is a member of the White Lotus Society. He returned to us briefly to help fight Shinnok when the fallen Elder God attempted to take over Edenia. Since then, we have occasionally seen him."

Kung Lao pauses a moment and strokes his chin. "That reminds me... Kaito, do you still have the same powers that you once wielded?"

"No. I no longer have any control over lightning like I used to, but I have retained my power to manipulate water. I guess I was 'purged' of the Crimson Thunder and he took my lightning powers with him."

Kung Lao nods. "Would you like them back?"

>A) Yes
>B) How?
>C) No
>D) Why do you ask?
>E) Other
>>
>>44668330
>B
>>
>>44668330
>B) How?
Well during the heat of a fight, I forgot I no longer have then.
>>
>>44668330
>B) How?
>>
>>44668330
>B) How?
"Are you sure this is wise? I dont want to stay for 20 years again and found my friends having grandkids"
>>
File: The Staff of Raiden.png (23 KB, 119x99) Image search: [Google]
The Staff of Raiden.png
23 KB, 119x99
>>44668366
>>44668378
>>44668384
>>44668419

"How?"

Kung Lao rises and bids him to do the same. They move out of the chamber and walk through the academy grounds, towards a nearby hidden series of buildings. "This is a very sacred shrine," Kung Lao explains. "It was one of the few places to survive the invasion. Here, Liu Kang hung his Mortal Kombat champion's medals, ancient scrolls and teachings are kept, and the weapons of my bloodline are preserved. This is the shrine where I retrieved my hat, and where every member of the Kung family who has taken up the path of a warrior has taken their own weapon."

"Like Jin?"

"His bow."

"Does your daughter have such a weapon?"

"She does, yes."

The outermost gate opens as they enter and shuts behind them. Within, they discover Raiden, who is waiting for them.

Kung Lao bows. "Lord Raiden."

Raiden bows his head back once more. Kung Lao straightens and looks back at Kaito as Raiden speaks, "After Shinnok's invasion, I granted the warrior known as Kai a tool of great power. For many years he journeyed across the world and the realms with it, but in time, he came to return it here."

Kung Lao speaks. "Kai granted it to Master Shujinko, asking him to bring it to me. It was a tool that I used to help rebuild the Wu Shi Academy. But once I had completed my task, I kept it here, knowing that one day another rightful owner would claim it."

Raiden steps forward. "Kaito, I do not know if the power to wield lightning can once more be unlocked within you. But until you find a way to do so, I invite you to consider taking this."

He produces from his robes a wooden bo staff.

"The Staff of Raiden," Kung Lao says.

>A) Take hold of it
>B) What will it do?
>C) You offer it to me freely?
>D) I cannot accept this.
>E) Other
>>
>>44668624
>>E) Other
Will you not need it Raiden? You are still Guardian of Earthrealm.
>>
>>44668624
>C
>E "You don't need this to do your job?"
>>
>>44668624
>>C) You offer it to me freely?
>>A) Take hold of it
>>
>>44668624
>A) Take hold of it
>C) You offer it to me freely?
"What do you ask of me in return?"

>E) Other
It's not going to posess me, or tear a hole in the fabric of space-time again, right?
>>
>>44668776
>fabric of space-time again
they dont know that happened
>>
>>44668794
That's the joke.
I still don't know how Kaito will explain Jade and Korbin how can he be glad to see them again
>>
>>44668822
obviously we IGNORE
or just fake trying to meet her for the first time and be all "Oh, hey, you're kitana's friend. I haven't seen you since you were brainwashed! I hope you're doin' good."
But you know, less stupid.
>>
>>44668839
I feel that dying inside when you know an amazing joke, but you know no one around would get it, so you have to keep it to yourself.
The joke isn't even that amazing, but the fact you can't tell still makes you giggle uncontrollably
>>
File: liukangstomb.gif (189 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
liukangstomb.gif
189 KB, 640x480
>>44668651
>>44668684
>>44668708
>>44668776

Slowly, Kaito reaches out and takes hold of the wooden staff. "Are you sure you don't need this to do your job, Raiden?"

Raiden smiles. "The staff is not the source of my power. It is merely a tool that is imbued with a minor amount of it. You will find it familiar to wield, I think."

As he holds onto it, he feels the power coursing through it, contained within its seemingly unremarkable surface. He holds it up and focuses, conjuring forth similar emotions as to those he used whenever he summoned his old powers.

The staff sparks as bolts of electricity run up and down its surface.

"It will allow you to conjure lightning and block the same," Raiden says as Kaito gives it a few experimental swings. "It will be a valuable tool in battle as well, for it cannot be broken by normal means."

Kaito coughs a bit. "I'm not very experienced in fighting with a staff, I have to admit."

Raiden nods. "You will have plenty of time to train, should you choose to do so."

Kaito feels familiar sensations from the staff; they harken back to his own powers that he lost.

>A) I cannot wield this, I'm sorry.
>B) Thank you for the offer, Raiden, but I would prefer to learn to use my powers again on my own.
>C) I would gladly accept this tool, but only for the time being.
>D) Thank you. I will use it well.
>E) What else is the staff capable of?
>F) Other
>>
>>44668915
>>D) Thank you. I will use it well.
>>
>>44668915
>C) I would gladly accept this tool, but only for the time being.
Do you think I will be able to develop the power like I used to wield?
>E) What else is the staff capable of?
Can we holster/unholster it somehow?
>>
>>44668915
>B)

Don't want to respec into "Bloody Stick" martial arts
>>
>>44668915
>>D) Thank you. I will use it well.
>>E) What else is the staff capable of?
>>
>>44668915
>C
BLUDGEON ARTS YEEEE
>>
File: wushiarena.png (72 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
wushiarena.png
72 KB, 256x256
>>44668941
>>44668976
>>44669038
>>44669052

"Thank you, Raiden, Lao. I will use it well, though I don't know how long I intend to."

"Use it for as long as you please," Raiden says.

"It can conjure lightning, but what else may it do?" Kaito asks.

"It can call or banish storms, may be recalled to your hands from great distances and so long as you carry it, you will continually be imbued with a fraction of godhood."

Kaito pauses. "Meaning what, exactly?"

"Immortality," Kung Lao replies.

"But not invulnerability," Raiden is quick to add. "Much in the way that your body did not age within the Jinsei Chamber, holding the staff sustains you. It does not heal wounds, though it affords its owner a hardiness."

"This is... very powerful," Kaito says. "You offer this to me freely?"

"You helped defeat Shao Kahn," Raiden says. "And you have missed much because of my errors in judgment, Kaito."

He is about to correct Raiden and tell him that it is not his fault that he missed the last twenty years, but holds his tongue back.

"And when I return it, all of the things that come with it will stop?"

"Yes," Raiden says with a nod.

"I honestly don't know what to say beyond thank you," he says to the thunder god. "I'll take good care of it."

"It will take good care of you as well," Raiden says as they head back towards the academy.

>What would you like to do now? How long would you like to stay with the Shaolin? Who else would you like to speak to?
>Any of the above will be resolved before we depart for Edenia.
>>
>>44669272
2-3 days train in staff use

talk to cyrax see if he heard from kenshi
and meet kung jin
>>
>>44669272
I'd like to have a word with Cyrax before we leave. Stay till tomorrow maybe?

Also, the way I understand we can leave the staff here, summon it to us in Edenia, then store it on the ship, and summon/banish when needed?
>>
>>44669272
>>What would you like to do now? How long would you like to stay with the Shaolin? Who else would you like to speak to?
Let's go see Cyrax. Make a comment about how he looks better now that he's not filled with sand.
Also do we still have Cyrax's lightsaber? Might as well offer that back to him.
>>
>>44669355
>Also do we still have Cyrax's lightsaber? Might as well offer that back to him.

No, if memory serves, we gave it to Kenshi long ago, who likely returned it to Cyrax when they were both working for the OWEA.
>>
>>44669272
Train with staff so we're at least competent in it, Talk to Cyrax, find someone to spar with and maybe get some Slithery Snake arts practice in, then shove off to Outworld/Edenia
>>
File: ar9.png (72 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ar9.png
72 KB, 200x200
>>44669335
>>44669348
>>44669355

Later that evening, as Kaito walks through the gardens, he spies Cyrax. He approaches him and waits patiently while the cyborg finishes his work on a flowerbed.

He turns his green gaze upon the warrior and speaks. "Akayama Kaito. I understand that I owe you a debt of gratitude that I have not paid in twenty years."

"Don't worry about it," he says as he moves near the yellow former Lin Kuei assassin. "It's just good to see you not full of sand. It's a better look for you."

"Still, I must express gratitude. If I had not been discovered within that desert long ago, I would not be here today. You suffered a great ordeal on my account, I am told."

"Well, you were heavy and I had a long ways to carry you. It happens."

>A) Ask him about his time with the OWEA
>B) Ask him about his choice of coming here to find inner peace
>C) Ask him about Kenshi
>D) Ask him about his choice to not fully remove the cyber armor
>E) Do you still have that lightsaber?
>F) Other
>>
>>44669739
>Outworld/Edenia
Has Edenia separated from outworld using the kamidogo yet?
>>
>>44669761
>>A) Ask him about his time with the OWEA
>>B) Ask him about his choice of coming here to find inner peace
>>C) Ask him about Kenshi
>>
>>44669761
>C) Ask him about Kenshi
>D) Ask him about his choice to not fully remove the cyber armor
Mention that we have a sure way if he ever changes his mind

>>44669803
Yes, Kaito even got a statue for that one
>>
>>44669761
>A
>B
>C
>D
>>
>>44669761
>A) Ask him about his time with the OWEA
>>
Just eating dinner.
>>
>>44670820
test your bite
>>
>>44670847
i kek'd
>>
>>44669761
>>E) Do you still have that lightsaber?

Yo. Lightsabers are awesome. Maybe we can juryrig the lightsaber to make the staff of lighting into a glaive/spear.
>>
>>44670820
>E) Brush your teeth afterwards
>>
ded thread.
>>
>>44672253
worlds longest dinner
>>
>>44672253
>>44672265
North Korea has been posturing lately, they might have called him back to guard the border.
DEFENDING OUR FREEDOMS!
>>
>>44672306
Damashi was called back to North Korea for dinner with Kim Jong Un to defuse the tensions

what a scoop
>>
>>44672306
oh god are all QM's actually famous people?
>Deculture is probably the urobutcher
>Damashi is Kim Jong Un.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452384596193.jpg (73 KB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452384596193.jpg
73 KB, 800x597
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 372x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 372x246
STOP WATCHING LEMMY'S FUNERAL AND RUN YOUR QUEST DAMASHI
>>
>>44673573

Sorry, sorry, I'm just in a meeting for writers on a project I'm attached to. I can't really focus on both at the same time. I shouldn't be much longer.
>>
>>44673841
Pitch Dragon Jets, tell me how they respond.
>>
>>44673841
>implying
>>
Alright. Writing the next part now.
>>
>>44669818
>>44669829
>>44669838
>>44670492

"So how was your time with the OWEA? How long did you serve with them?"

"Twelve years. I assisted them in exploring other realms and keeping Earthrealm safe. I helped the OWEA develope technological portals based on Lin Kuei design; initially a combination of magic and technology, but later it was the use of technology to acheive magic."

"So, why'd you quit and come here?"

"I felt empty inside. Hollow. I had lost my humanity. I was a ghost within the shell of my armor, lost in circuitry and oil. I had lost all true connection to the physical world and sought to end my life."

"Wow... But then?"

"The others took interest and guided me here. I have found new peace here in this place and I have finally made true harmony between my body and mind."

"Well, I'm glad that worked out for you, Cyrax. And now you grow flowers?"

"Among other things."

"What about Kenshi? Is he still with the OWEA?"

"I believe so. He was when I left. It was all a long time ago and I have not seen him since."

"Did you know anything about his wife?"

"Only that he was searching for her killer. I never met either his wife nor his son, but I have fought against the Red Dragon before."

"So... I know you said you were at peace, but why the choice to remain in your armor?"

"I have been in this form for too long. My body is permanently adapted to it. I have made peace with it and seek only to live a life of calm and contemplation. My body, like my armor, is merely a shell for my soul. What the shell is no longer matters."

>A) Ask him about the Red Dragon
>B) Ask him if he could, would he get rid of the cyber armor and be fully human
>C) Ask him if he has any technology or gear that he no longer neads that he can spare
>D) Say goodbye and move on
>E) Other
>>
>>44675306
Now there's a faction we haven't heard about yet.
>>
>>44675306
>>A) Ask him about the Red Dragon
>>D) Say goodbye and move on
>>
>>44675306
>D) Say goodbye and move on
>>
>>44675306
>>A) Ask him about the Red Dragon
>>
File: head.png (15 KB, 85x102) Image search: [Google]
head.png
15 KB, 85x102
>>44675348
>>44675357
>>44675452
>>44675639

"So who are these Red Dragon guys, anyway? Why did they kill Kenshi's wife?"

"We don't know much about the Red Dragon. We suspect their base lies in Earthrealm, but we have encountered them in other realms as well. Very technologically advanced, and involved in numerous acts of terrorism across Earthrealm."

"Terrorism? What do they gain with that?"

"It's not overt terrorism, but they supply weapons to various groups to help keep regions of the world destabilized. After the invasion from Outworld, Earthrealm stood united, for a time. The Red Dragon has worked hard to re-establish old hatreds and has brought the Middle East, Europe, Russia and China into conflict while also funding groups that attack the United States."

Kaito folds his arms and thinks. "These Red Dragon guys sound like a real big problem. Have you interrogated any of them?"

"They tend to commit suicide when captured. Cyanide tablets in fake teeth are common."

"Man... How long have they been around? Did they spring up after the invasion?"

"We believe they may have been active for much longer, hidden in the shadows. The invasion merely gave them an excuse to step into the forefront. They recruit through a variety of sources. Ironically enough, the Black Dragon hate them just as much as we do, perhaps even moreso. The OWEA has, on occasion, worked with the Black Dragon, but only when the Red Dragon is involved. General Blade still has her deep hatred of Kano to contend with."

After conversing some more, Kaito bids goodbye to the cyborg and leaves him be before turning in for the night.

>...

Over the next two days, we can train with a variety of people. What do you wish to do?

>A) Train in moving meditation with Kung Lao
>B) Train with Kung Jin to better fight with a staff
>C) Train with Shujinko to learn a new fighting style
>D) Spend the two days learning bit and pieces from all three; don't focus on any single one
>E) Other
>>
>>44675909
>B
Staff will be cool but is it possible to work on the Otiak style as well?
>>
>>44675909
>>A) Train in moving meditation with Kung Lao
>>B) Train with Kung Jin to better fight with a staff
>>
>>44675909
>C) Train with Shujinko to learn a new fighting style
get the snake-fu working again
>>
>>44675909
>D) Spend the two days learning bit and pieces from all three; don't focus on any single one

>>44675957
Relearning Snake Fist Kung Fu?
>>
>>44675909
>A) Train in moving meditation with Kung Lao
>E) Other
Develop water powers

And try to train without Shujiko. If he turns out bad news, I'd rather have a few surprises under my belt.
>>
>>44675967
This. Cultivate both the soul and the body.
>>
>>44676004
>Develop water powers
Assuming the re-mending of universes was kind to us, we still have a favor to cash in from a certain elemental deity in Edenia.
>>
>>44675909
>>
>>44675909
Speaking of Kano, we should have Raiden teleport us to the Black Dragon compound. We owe Tremor one and I'd actually like to take him with us to Edenia.
>>
>>44676057
it was not

all the people we traveled an interacted with dont even know
>>
>>44676057
I doubt so. We better "take a walk" when we go to Edenia, find the stone, and do the deed again.
>>
>>44676079
Tremor won't recognize us, and Raiden would probably refuse as well for our own safety.
>>
>>44675991
Yes, i want to do the python snap as Kaito against someone who would recognize it
>>
>>44676057
>>44676092
She's one of the main reasons I want to take Tremor with us to Edenia.

>>44676104
Kano fucking owes us one. He better deliver. And besides, you don't forget someone sacrificing their life for you just because it happened in another timeline.
>>
>>44676114
Otiak was scrubbed from everyone's memory.
>>
>>44676114
No one is going to recognize it. Literally everything we did as Otiak never happened. In fact, we still have yet to properly meet Jade as Kaito.
>>
>>44676104
>Raiden would probably refuse as well for our own safety.
Man, we kicked Shao Kahn's ass. I'm pretty sure Raiden would be all "Hah! Don't kick their asses too hard, otherwise Sonya will get angry."
>>
>>44676133
>>44676142
damn, i still want to relearn snake fu
>>
>>44676153
We can
>>
>>44676153
We can still relearn-it. Have something for the back-pocket.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
>>44675957
>>44675967
>>44676004
>>44676057
>>44676074

Over the course of two days, Kaito trains with the Kung cousins at the Shaolin temple. From Kung Lao he learns to hone his water manipulation through various training sessions across both days involving jugs of water.

Both of them would engage in a mock battle while Kaito held aloft globes of water with his willpower alone. The task is difficult; Kaito is very strong, but unfocused and easily distracted. The shaolin master is patient with him and helps him understand the importance of having a clear mind even while in the thick of battle.

He demonstrates by performing an advanced manuever while manipulating the wind around him to create a miniature cyclone of wind that nearly knocks Kaito to the ground. All the while he is calm and peaceful.

"During your time when you wielded the lightning, your powers were fueled by passion," Kung Lao explains. "Your only remaining power is one that can only be wielded through concentration and clarity of mind. Let go of your fears, your hatred, your doubt. Like the water you seek to wield, you must be formless, shapeless, flowing around your opponents and your allowing all things to pass through you."

Though Kaito does not succeed initially, he has learned some valuable training tips from Lao.

Conversely, his training with Jin is purely physical combat; moves with his staff. Kaito's fighting style was always to punch hardest and fastest, so learning to control the staff is difficult. Kung Jin has trained to the point where it is almost second nature to him.

He gives Kaito a lot of very good pointers about how to hold his staff and in which direction to thrust and attack with it, taking advantage of openings in his opponents and exploiting them. At the end of their sessions they are both tired and sweaty, but leave with a sense of fulfillment.

Hey! Stop thinking that, you.
>>
>>44676481

At the end of his time with the Shaolin, he thanks both Jin and Lao for their guidance and promises to return. Kaito meets back up with Raiden and they proceed to the Sky Temple.

"So, now where do you desire to travel to?"

"Edenia. I think it's time."

"I have not yet told anyone of that realm that you are awakened," Raiden says. "I can take you to any place within."

"I'd like to keep it a surprise, if you don't mind," Kaito says to the thunder god.

>A) Take me to the Royal Palace
>B) Take me to my Statue
>C) Take me to the Village near the Royal Palace
>D) Take me to King Jerrod's ancient temple
>E) Other
>>
>>44676517
>>B) Take me to my Statue
>>
>>44676517
>C) Take me to the Village near the Royal Palace
Let the word spread slowly as we make the slow procession to the palace.
>>
>>44676517
>>B) Take me to my Statue
>>E) Other
Pick up Tremor first so we can take him to meet the Earth Goddess!
>>
Oh man. On one hand, I'd like to see what people react if they see us admiring our own statue. On the other hand, I want to surprise the Palace dwellers before they hear any news of us
>>
>>44676517
>B) Take me to my Statue
>>
>>44676517
>B)
"Who's that handsome guy?"
>>
>>44676567
Let's leave Tremor alone. We have to meet the Earth Goddess ourself first.
>>
>>44676517
>B) Take me to my Statue
Should we disguise ourselves or something?
>>
>>44676665
>Should we disguise ourselves or something?
i kinda want to hide our face
>>
>>44676677
Nah. We want to let everyone know Kaito's back.
>>
When we get to the palace, make sure to have a servant to get Kitana for us and to tell the princess it's not important but to mention dildos
>>
>>44676714
It's been twenty years. That joke won't work on Kitana anymore.
>>
>>44676677
Me too, but then I feel like there is little point going to the statue

>>44676712
That's not how surprises work, you silly.
>>
File: tumblr_o0k34mKM6F1uavgcbo1_400.png (217 KB, 343x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0k34mKM6F1uavgcbo1_400.png
217 KB, 343x450
>>44676545
>>44676567
>>44676587
>>44676636
>>44676665

"I'd like to go to my statue," Kaito says. "Admire the work they did on me."

Raiden chuckles to himself a bit. "Very well. But first... There is someone here who desires to see you."

"What? Here? At the Sky Temple? But who---"

Suddenly Kaito hears a piercing shout, one that nearly shakes him to the core.

"GET OVER HERE!"

A spear on the end of a chain is hurled in his direction. Kaito flips backwards to dodge it as the metal spearhead is impaled within the wood of a nearby support beam. Raiden steps into the shadows and vanishes from sight as Kaito whips around.

From the dark of the opposite corner of the room emerges Scorpion. He stands tall, with a bearded face and raven-black hair. Two swords rest upon his back within easy reach and with a flick of his wrist the head of his weapon returns to him.

"Long have I awaited this day," he says as he circles around the room. "Long have I waited for my vengeance!"

"Scorpion, what the hell are you talking about?"

His eyes burst into flame. "Lesson one: My name is Master Hasashi."

He leaps towards Kaito, drawing a sword!

>1d100 and an action!
>>
>>44676740
Bummer
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44676781
block his sword with our staff then sweep his legs and strike his chest
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>44676781
Hanzo pls i want no trabble
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>44676781
Comment on the fact that he has hair now! Last time we saw him, he was no skin and all bones. If he sold his secret, he could make a fortune!
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>44676781
>enemy with a weapon
Oh I've been waiting for this!
Bloody Hand
Katachinba-ude - Lame arm: The warrior strikes the Axillary Nerve in the armpit of the opponent, making it go limp
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44676781
block and talk
>What is this?
> Why are you doing this
>Whats going on?
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>44676781
"Hey Scorpion. Or Hasashi. Can't call you master cause you haven't taught me jack shit. How life? You got a wife and a kid too?"
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>44676781
SUDDENLY SCORPION

Let's put our new staff training to use. Comment on Hanzo "Scorpion was my slave name" Hasashi's new hair.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

Jam the staff into his gut like a spear.
"So I see you're doing better, I think."
>>
File: Crying bitch.jpg (30 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
Crying bitch.jpg
30 KB, 620x465
>>44676845
SUCH.
>>44676853
SHIT.
>>44676862
ROLLS.
>>
>>44676917
Meant to reply
>>44676781
>>
>>44676957
ya but there is an 80 and a 99
>>
>>44676981
And the 99 comments on his hair.
>>
>>44677043
Hey, he deserves some praise for that facial hair!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
>>44676845
>>44676853
>>44676862

Kaito barely has time to dodge the first attack. He opens his mouth but all he recieves is a boot to the face, knocking him backwards and onto the ground.

Scorpion stands up and puts his sword behind his back. "It seems you truly have been asleep for twenty years. You have forgotten how to fight."

>>44676877

As Scorpion prepares to throw his kunai chain once more, Kaito deflects it with his hand while using his other arm and legs to push himself to a standing position. He then strikes Scorpion right in the armpit, making his throwing arm go limp!

"I remember more than you might think!" he replies.

>>44676880

Scorpion immediately performs a sweep, knocking Kaito off of his feet. He then teleports away in a burst of flame and reappears on the other side of the room before readjusting his arm and getting back control of it.

>>44676905

As Kaito is about to speak, Scorpion teleports behind him and throws his chain spear into Kaito's back, pulling him backwards. Scorpion vanishes into a fiery portal and pulls Kaito within.
>>
File: Scorpion's_Lair.jpg (131 KB, 620x440) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion's_Lair.jpg
131 KB, 620x440
>>44677105

The human warrior finds himself falling, and when he lands, he is no longer in the Sky Temple. He is in a dark room surrounded by fiery braziers; the floor has a massive symbol of a scorpion carved upon it.

As Kaito looks around, Scorpion suddely appears behind him. "WELCOME!"

He kicks Kaito in the face again.

>>44676916
>>44676917

As Kaito rolls away, he sticks his hand out in the air and summons his new staff to him! With a crack of lightning, it appears within his grasp!

Kaito jumps up to his feet as Hanzo charges in and points the staff at him, blasting him with lightning! He then jams the spear into Scorpion's gut and blasts him again, sending him soaring backwards!

With some distance between them at last, Kaito says, "Hanzo Hasashi. Nice new hair, by the way. Digging the beard. You're doing a lot better for yourself, seems like."

Scorpion vanishes in fire and reappears standing. "Your rest has not robbed you of your fighting spirit. That is good. But your true test is not yet over."

Kaito holds the staff in front of him. "Then let's go, Hanzo."

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>44677126
Give him one of those Power Uppercuts that launch people in the air.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>44677126
HIT HIM IN THE JIMMIES with our new electric staff, I should elaborate.
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>44677126
go for the fake overhead while by putting water into the staff, then have it hit hanzo balls with an electric shock.
>>
>>44677181
>>44677192
After all these years...
Kaito still got it.
>>
>>44677227
some things never change
>>
File: ball buster.gif (901 KB, 200x168) Image search: [Google]
ball buster.gif
901 KB, 200x168
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>44677192
>>44677181
>>44677126
I'm going for the TRIPLE.

Do the Forbidden groin attack.

Attack Hanzo Balls one final time with a fully powered electrified staff with a golf swing to the heavens.
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>44677126
pole jab, then throw him around with the staff a bit
>>
>>44677181
>>44677192
>>44677338
Ah, the secret Kaito technique.
Hit'em in the junk
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>44677126
Tag him in the face to disorient then trip him with the staff.
>>
>>44677420
I only advocated it because we have a new electric staff to test out.
>>
And then Hanzo remembered to invest in a cup. Forever.
>>
>>44677173

Kaito attempts to deliver a powerful uppercut, but Scorpion ducks low and kicks him in the gut before delivering a roundhouse to his face, knocking him backwards and spinning him bit. Kaito manages to stick his staff into the ground and spring back up to his feet, but not before Scorpion launches his kunai again!

>>44677181
>>44677192
>>44677338

Kaito uses his staff to deflect the head of his chain before lunging at Scorpion, thrusting the head of the staff directly into his groin and shocking him. The Shirai Ryu master falls backwards as Kaito prepares for a followup attack, but Hanzo vanishes in a burst of flame to avoid the attack.

>>44677363

He appears a moment later, recupperated and ready to fight again. "Spending too much time with Mr. Cage, it seems," Scorpion snidely remarks as he goes in with a series of punches and kicks.

Kaito uses his staff to block the attacks, but cannot land any of his own.

>>44677430

Kaito then steps forward and tags Scorpion in the face with his staff before bringing it down low and attacking his leg, tripping him! He stands over Scorpion with the staff, ready to blast if he does not yield, but again Scorpion escapes by teleporting away.

Kaito scans his eyes around the room. He hears Scorpion appear somewhere nearby, but he knows not where...

Suddenly, a hole in the ground opens, one of brimstone and hellfire! And then another! And then another!

Three Netherrealm Skeleton warriors emerge and lunge for Kaito!

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>44677527
Throw one into the others.
Keep an eye out while we take them out.
They're a distraction
>>
>>44677527
Yeah same thing happened with Goro. He didn't ate the same trick three times
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44677527
When Scorpion does his chain attack, twirl it around our staff and electrify it.

He certainly going to use his chain while we are distracted.
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>44677527
Let's test this storm-summoning trick the staff has.
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>44677527
wide swings to hit them all at the same time
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>44677527
"Seriously Hanzo? The undead army didn't worked out last time either"

Smash with the staff, keep them away, go for the knees.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>44677527
spin the staff while electrifying it to keep all of them away
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>44677527
Zap em
>>
>>44677527
Strike the staff to the ground and create a thunderclap that blows the skeletons away.
"Is this about that necklace? Look, I'm really sorry, I honestly thought it was your color."
>>
>>44677617
you forgot to roll
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>44677617
Forgot my roll.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

Your only remaining power is one that can only be wielded through concentration and clarity of mind. Let go of your fears, your hatred, your doubt. Like the water you seek to wield, you must be formless, shapeless, flowing around your opponents and your allowing all things to pass through you

Guys. I think we need to think more carefully. Our enemy is using the portals? Why not go IN the portals and see if Hanzo is on the other side?

Go with the flow.
>>
File: Shirai_Ryu_Ninja.png (505 KB, 712x908) Image search: [Google]
Shirai_Ryu_Ninja.png
505 KB, 712x908
>>44677552

As one lunges close, Kaito puts the staff between it and himself and uses its momentum to throw it over his head into one of the others.

>>44677571

You're indoors. It might work, but it has no effect inside.

>>44677558
>>44677584

As all three of them charge in, Kaito spins the staff in a wide arc, hitting all three of them down. They break.

From the shadows, Scorpion shouts, "ARISE!"

And four of them spring up!

>>44677589

"You know, Hanzo, this undead army didn't work out so well for you last time either!"

He begins to smash them with his staff, cracking their kneecaps.

>>44677590
>>44677598
>>44677617
>>44677636

With a final flourish, Kaito spins the staff and zaps all four of the skeletons before slamming the head down onto the ground and creating a thunderclap that shatters them into fliery bones.

"Seroiusly, is this about that necklace? Look, I'm really sorry, I honestly thought it just wasn't your color man."

Scorpion then leaps from the shadows of the room, managing to kick Kaito in the back! The brawler rolls forward and looks back at Scorpion.

"No. This is about something much more serious."

Suddenly, all around the room, from behind pillars and braziers, and along the upper reaches on the balcony that surrounds the chamber, warriors of the Shirai Ryu appear, dressed all in yellow.

"This is about you, Kaito," Hanzo says as he draws both swords. "Now defende yourself... or die!"

He charges in, swinging both weapons!

>>44677677

Kaito would really like to fall back on the things he just learned from Kung Lao, but he hasn't had quite enough time to put them into practical effect. As the former-revenant-turned-ninja-master twirls and attacks with both swords, he finds it hard to remain calm!

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>44677783
Wait for Scorpion to fire his harpoon. Then totally grab it and be all, "No, you get over here!" and then punch him in the face.
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>44677783
doge his attack and wait for an opening then attack with the staff

"Is this about me sending you to Nether realm if so im sorry."
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>44677783
Defend until he throws his dagger again. Catch it with the staff, and shock him through the chain.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>44677783
teleport behind scorpion and reintroduce staff to jimmies
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>44677783
"Wait, you are ACTUALLY trying to kill me?"
An Osaekomu - Immobilize to break his assault, then right away an upward kick to the chin.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44677783
Yeah, I had enough of this shit Hanzo.

*Jajjimento* his fucking face.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>44677783
use cape to improve mobility, bullet fist from bizarre angles that make us a pain to hit
>>
>>44677840

Sure enough, Scorpion fires his whip. Kaito manages to grab it and pulls!

"No, you get over he---"

Scorpion then fires a second one from his hand which impales Kaito's leg. The yellow ninja yanks on it, pulling him down to his feet.

Scorpion leaps high into the air and atop Kaito, knocking the wind out of his gut.

>>44677863

Now in a dominant position over Kaito, Scorpion rains fiery punches down upon the warrior's face and chest. After a moment, he gets back up and stalks around the chamber, allowing Kaito a breather.

>>44677868

Kaito summons his staff and uses it to get up to his feet. As Scorpion throws his chain, Kaito uses his staff to block it while wrapping the head around the shaft. He then sends a jolt down the chain, back to Scorpion.

>>44677883

As Scorpion gets back up, Kaito tries something wild, crazy and out of the blue!

He throws his staff like a javelin. It soars over Scorpion and somewhere, deep within Kaito, unlocked by the heat of battle---a power returns.

Due to the shared bond of the lightning within his blood and the power within the staff, Kaito learns that he can summon the staff to himself---and summon himself to the staff.

Kaito vanishes in a flash of light, appearing undeath the weapon, grasping it, and right behind Scorpion! As the yellow ninja attempts to recover, Kaito reintroduces the head of it to his groin!

>>44677894

As Scorpion recovers, Kaito manages to kick him in the back of the leg, temporarily immobilizing him.

>>44677899

He then attempts to punch Scorpion in the face, but the grand master catches his fist before delivering his own right to Kaito's face and both of them stumble away from each other.
>>
File: tumblr_nowtd2ZdGe1qirsuqo1_500.png (476 KB, 500x731) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nowtd2ZdGe1qirsuqo1_500.png
476 KB, 500x731
>>44678304
>>44677917

Kaito discards his staff, knowing he can recover it at any moment, and charges forward! He attacks Scorpion with bullet fists, attacking from bizarre angles and getting through the yellow ninja's defenses. Scorpion blocks his final attack but then Kaito follows it with an uppercut, knocking Scorpion to the ground.

The yellow ninja lays there for a moment as Kaito summons his staff and points it at him.

Scorpion smirks. "I yield."

The ninja master rises and bows to Kaito; his clan follows his actions.

As he straightens, one of the lesser ninja approaches, carrying a yellow sash. Scorpion takes it from him and holds it out in front of him. "Welcome back to your homeland of Japan, Akayama Kaito, and welcome to the Shirai Ryu."

Kaito's eyes widen. "Woah, woah, I didn't want to join your clan or anything, I mean, there's a lot of commitment and---"

Scorpion smiles once more and pounds his chest. "There is no commitment needed. You are an honored member among us. You have no obligation to the clan, outside of the protection of Earthrealm. In the time that I knew you as an enemy, I knew you to be honorable. I know you will bring that same honor to our clan."

He holds out the sash. "Accept this as a personal gift and an apology for the time when I was a slave to the Netherrealm."

"Well... It wasn't so bad. I mean, I did beat you then and now."

"Yes, but I was holding back just now," Scorpion says with a wry smile.

Kaito laughs. "Ah, yes, of course you were..."

>A) Accept the sash
>B) Politely decline the sash
>C) Other
>>
>>44678334
>A) Accept the sash
Honorary Shirai Ryu, eh? I can live with that.
>>
>>44678334
>A) Accept the sash
"Seesh, at least you could have told me there was an audience. I would have cut back on the commenting a bit."
"While I'm here; Is my nephew around?"
>>
>>44678334
>>A) Accept the sash
>>
>>44678334
>B
If we're gonna lead the new defenders when that gets off the ground we're going to have to avoid looking impartial.
That said I do really appreciate the offer.
>>
>>44678334
>>A) Accept the sash
I'll wear it with the Lin Kuei belt I have around here somewhere.
Lin Ryu? Shirai Kuei?
>>
>>44678334
>A) Accept the sash
"heard you had kenshi's son training here"
>>
>>44678334
>A) Accept the sash

Eh, why not. We Japanese. We going to be part of a special force group. SOMEONE got to the stealthy motherfucker and it might as well be the vet.
>>
>>44678506
or three of the trained ninja that might be joining the team
>>
>>44678539
Yeah, in theory we got an abundance from ninjas. We still need a tech guy, and a mysticist-sorcerer
>>
File: richie.png (368 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
richie.png
368 KB, 640x480
>>44676481
>He gives Kaito a lot of very good pointers about how to hold his staff and in which direction to thrust and attack with it, taking advantage of openings in his opponents and exploiting them. At the end of their sessions they are both tired and sweaty, but leave with a sense of fulfillment.
super later but OOH ERR
>>
>>44678334
"What is it with you ninjas and testing me? When I visited the Lin Kuei, the first thing they did was pit four of theirs against me. No hello or anything"
>>
>>44678380
>>44678399
>>44678436
>>44678402
>>44678461
>>44678506

Kaito bows and accepts the sash. "Honorary Shirai Ryu? I can live with that."

Hanzo holds his fist up to his heart. "I am honored as well, Kaito."

Kaito slips the sash around his shoulder. "So, I heard you have my nephew running around here." He looks around. "Where is the little guy? Is he one of your fellow ninja here?"

Suddenly Kaito hears a series of blades clicking and he leaps back as a new figure jumps into the heart of the arena. He is young, about the same age as Cassie and Zian, and he wears the yellow trappings of the Shirai Ryu. The lower half of his face is covered with a black mask with white skull paint and he wears a strange contraption along his arms.

Before his eyes the young warrior throws out his arms, extending two long metal whips. With a flick of his wrists, blades spring forth from both of them, unfolding from the coil!

"Takahashi Takeda, at your service," he says as the whips shoot back into the device on his arms.

Kaito looks into his eyes and sees something of a young Kenshi within them; the resemblence is striking.

Kaito holds out his arms. "How 'bout a hug?"

Takeda cocks a brow. "How 'bout a punch?"

"Why so hostile?" Kaito asks.

"I've heard a lot about you. I want to see if it's all true. The grandmaster warmed you up, so don't expect me to hold back like he did!"

Scorpion moves to the sidelines. "Takeda is our most experienced Chujin. He has much to learn from someone like you, Kaito."

Takeda curls his hands into fists. "You ready for a one-way trip to Tokyo, 'uncle'?"

Kaito gets ready for his next match. "Why Tokyo?"

"For the hospital, of course."

Scorpion shouts, "FIGHT!"

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>44678655
Grab both of his wrists before he can get his weapons out, and headbutt him. Then again.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>44678655
Let's lock down those whips before he can make space with them.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>44678655
quick jabs with bloody hands to the chest
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>44678655
Bloody Fist to the sternum and solar plexus.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44678655
Grab his weapons next time he throws them out and shock him
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>44678655
slam on both sides of his head, then kick out his knees
>>
>>44678841
>>44678834
>>44678694
>All these rolls
This is what happens when you don't hug uncle Kaito
Anyone notice how almost all the kids of our friends have tried beatings us up? They need to learn to respect their elders.
>>
i gotta be honest this whole uncle kaito thing is a little creepy
>>
File: tumblr_nnczz7L7N91qiv77so3_500.png (224 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnczz7L7N91qiv77so3_500.png
224 KB, 500x324
>>44678694

Takeda leaps forward and Kaito grabs hold of his wrists before his whips can shoot out. He headbutts the younger warrior, and then again, before letting go. Takeda shakes his head and tries to sweep Kaito's legs out, but the new honorable Shirai Ryu leaps away.

>>44678708
>>44678710

As Kaito lands, Takea dashes in, landing two solid, powerful punches in Kaito's gut. He turns around and slams both fists into Kaito's ribs, knocking him backwards.

>>44678741

Kaito attempts a counterattack, but Takeda blocks it and backflips, kicking him in the face as he does so.

>>44678834

As Kaito gets some distance, Takeda whiplashes his metal coils in his direction. Kaito manages to grab onto both of them and use his staff to shock the him, much like he did to Scorpion earlier. With the young Shirai Ryu stunned, Kaito moves in close.

>>44678841

Casting the staff aside once more, he uses both fists and slams them on either side of his head before kicking out his knees. Takeda falls down and doesn't immediately get back up.

Kaito walks back a few feet, giving the younger Tahahashi a chance to get back up.

He takes off his mask and wipes some blood out from under his nose. "I'm not giving up," he says after a moment. His confidence in the face of his injury is commendable.

He reaches behind him and takes out two hilts that have no blades. However, with the press of a button on each, orange plasmic sabers spring into existence, each about a foot and a half long.

He charges in with his blades ready to strike!

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>44679002
Run away.
Then run to the wall, spring back, and do a surprise kick

>>44678930
I thought the exact same thing. What is it with us rolling 90+-es when we are sparring with the Kombat Kids?

>>44678991
We are just compensating for not having a family
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>44679002
dodge an parry his opening attack then counter into a series of rising kicks
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44679002
Break his arms with the bloody hands, then if he still resists his collarbone
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44679002
Disarm him.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>44679002
Try to disable his weapons or just get them away from him, relying on technology is a bad habit
>>
>>44679092
>Break his arms and collarbone
I know we can heal people but that doesn't mean we should temporarily cripple our best friend's kid and a future New Defender member
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>44679002
Dodge swords.
tag him in the throat. Just enough to wind him, combo sweep throw to introduce him to the concrete or whatever the floor is.
>>
>>44679002
Marvel at the fact we have FUCKING LIGHTSABERS WE ARE OFFICIALLY IN THE FUTURE.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>44679002
The Kaito disarm special
>>
>>44679002
get behind him and shove an electric staff into his back
>>
File: wl_ECT.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
wl_ECT.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>44679092

Jesus fuck dude that's our nephew
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>44679002
Bullet fist
>>
>>44679201
Hey, as Kaito we have 4 star wars film that haven't been watched.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>44679230
forgot roll
>>
>>44679201
>Takeda furiously charging
-Kaito: Holy shit are those lightsabers
>Swing-Dodge
-Do they come in red?
>Swing-Dodge
-Hmm Never mind.
>Swing-Dodge
-Turns out red isn't my lucky color after all
>Swing-Dodge
-Altough some say I wore it rather well
>Frustrated swing - simple dodge
-Hey could you say "I am your father" in a deep voice?
>>
>>44679064
>What is it with us rolling 90+-es when we are sparring with the Kombat Kids?
That can't be tr->>44679250
>>44679139
>>44679132
Fuck these are some damn good rolls
>>
>>44679201
We've had Lightsabers. Kaito used one for awhile that he grabbed off Cyrax after digging him out of the desert.
>>
>>44679361
We apparently have much to teach them.
Most of which is about knowing how to be simultaneously the most lucky AND unlucky motherfucker in nine realms.[/spoilers]
>>
>>44679370
Yeah, but that's Cyrax.
>>
File: 19mDRCW.jpg (390 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
19mDRCW.jpg
390 KB, 750x1334
>>44679064

Takeda chases Kaito back to the wall, but when the older warrior attempts a surprise kick, Takeda blocks it and instead grabs his leg, throwing him into a nearby pillar.

He advances in hard and fast, slashing him across the chest with the electric blades; they are set to a low, non-lethal level.

>>44679068

Kaito manages to get his arms up and block his next series of attacks, but cannot land one of his own. He dives to the right and gets back into the center of the arena with Takeda hot on his trail.

>>44679092

Kaito briefly considers breaking the arms and collarbone of the youth who is the son of his childhood best friend; perhaps, out of some form of karma, Takeda instead wails on Kaito with a series of slashes, each one stunning him a bit. Takeda kicks him in the leg and forces him down onto a kneww before using both blades to stun him for a solid three seconds.

>>44679132
>>44679139

Waiting for the right moment, Kaito is able to bring up both of his arms and catch Takeda's wrists, twisting them and forcing him to let them go. He then picks up the younger Shirai Ryu and tosses him across the arena.

"You shouldn't rely on technology," Kaito says.

Takeda rolls onto his stomach and gets up to a knee before smirking and pressing a button on the back of his wrist. Both blades fly upwards from the ground and smack Kaito across the face and send him sprawling as they return to his hands.

"It has its uses, but I wouldn't expect a fossil like you to know that."

>>44679187

As Kaito gets back up, Takeda slashes them together, forming a sonic shockwave and floors Kaito once more. The younger warrior circles him confidently.

'Okay... he's got some tricks,' Kaito thinks to himself. 'But so do I.'
>>
>>44679980
>>44679202
>>44679250
>>44679292

Kaito waits for the exact right moment. In his confidence, Takeda walks in front of his staff, forgetting that Kaito just learned how to teleport to it. Taking advantage of this fact, he ends up right behind the surprised Chujin and attacks him from behind! With two shocking thrusts, he short-circuits and disarms the hilts of his blades before shoving the head into his back, taking out the control mechanism for his arm-whips!

As Takeda turns around, Kaito drops the staff and unleashes a beatdown of bullet fists that only the Bloody Hands style can deliver.

A moment later, Takeda falls.

Two Shirai Ryu retrieve him as Scorpion approaches Kaito. "You did well."

"Kid's got some moves, alright," Kaito admits. "But I personally prefer to keep it a bit old school."

Scorpion leads Kaito up to the surface, to the Japanese countryside. "If you ever need anything, the Shirai Ryu will answer your call," he says to Kaito. "But now that we are away from prying ears, I would like to thank you."

"For what?"

"The destruction of the Deathstone. It freed me from the control of my masters and set me on the path to rediscovering who I truly was. You were a stronger man than I during the dark days of the invasion of Earthrealm."

Kaito looks away. "Yeah, well... I was just trying to help our realm."

"That is what the Shirai Ryu is now dedicated to. I have spent much of my time now that I am restored to life reconstructing the clan in accordance with this ideal."

"You've done well," Kaito commends him. "And you know, this is a very nice sash. Good material."

"Excuse me, grandmaster," a voice gets their attention. They turn around and Takeda is there. A little beaten and bruised and more than a bit bloody under the nose, but standing strong. "I was hoping to have a moment with Kaito."

Scorpion bows. "Raiden awaits your call," he tells Kaito. "And I apologize for surprising you. But it's as they say... I could not resist."
>>
File: takeda_shirairyu.png (273 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
takeda_shirairyu.png
273 KB, 500x600
>>44680013

He walks off as Takeda approaches. He looks up at Kaito and doesn't immediately speak, scanning the time-displaced warrior's eyes for something. After a moment, he says, "Thank you."

"For what? Beating you up?"

Takeda waves the notion away. "No, for proving everything my dad told me about you right. I really wanted to see for myself."

"Oh... well, happy to please, then. I have to admit, your gadgets are kind of cool."

Takeda beams. "Yeah, I like them a lot. Say... I have a strange question I wanted to ask you."

"Shoot."

"Can you tell me about my dad? When he was a kid?"

Kaito is a bit surprised by the request, but they take a walk. As they walk and talk, he tells him about all the trouble that he and Kenshi used to get into around Kyoto. "We were both thrill-seekers by nature, always looking for the next big fight, and we got our heads clunked together more than a few times. We'd take on gangs, enter tournaments, but the person we both fought the most was each other. We had a pretty even record, too---mostly even, anyway. I think we lost count. But those were good times, just a couple of headstrong kids running around getting beaten up."

They end up near a lake and sit near the bank. "What happened then?" Takeda asks.

"My dad took me away on his world-travels. Saw a lot of places I had only read or heard about. Mom wasn't too happy with it, but those were good times too. Dad was a bit of a weird one. He didn't believe in staying in one place for too long. Then, one day, he vanished. I had to make it on my own. I hated him for a while for it, but I later learnt that Shang Tsung killed him and absorbed his soul. But I killed that guy and freed him so I guess it's all cool now."

Takeda chuckles. "You must've had some crazy adventures back in the day."

"Back in the day..." Kaito laughs and shakes his head. "Back in the day! For me that was like a week ago! There we are, facing Shao Kahn and boom! Twenty years gone."
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 1431x805) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131 KB, 1431x805
>>44680030

Excluding the time he spent as Otiak, anyway...

Takeda grows quiet for a moment, skipping stones across the water. "I miss him a lot. I used to hate my dad too. Thought he had abandonned me. Turns out he had a really good reason, like your dad did."

"At least he's still out there, right?" Kaito asks.

"So's yours," Takeda replies. "I bet he's watching over you all the time. Like my mom is for me."

They sit in silence for a while before Takeda breaks it. "Hey, I had a thought just now."

"What's up?"

"I never knew if I would meet you, but dad told me a lot about the Bloody Hands style. Now that I've seen it for myself..."

"What?"

Takeda looks at him. "Think you could teach me sometime?"

Kaito blinks and then gives him a smile. "Sure. I've got a lot of things to do first, though. A lot of people to go and see."

"That's alright. I need some time to sleep off this broken nose you gave me."

"Aw, it's not that bad, come on."

"Yeah, well, you got one coming to you, so just watch out next time."

Kaito smiles and holds out a hand. Takeda clasps it. "It was good meeting you, Takeda."

"You too, Kaito."

Kaito is about to call Raiden, but he hesitates. "Hey... I'm involved in putting a team together. Kind of a new Defenders of the Realm. You interested?"

"Like dad and Grandmaster Hasashi?"

"Well, Scorpion wasn't exactly on our side back in the day, but yeah, your dad was one of us."

"I'll definitely keep it in mind," Takeda replies.

"I'll keep you informed, then," Kaito says with a smile. "Later!"

He calls for Raiden and, in a flash, he's back at the Sky Temple. He points a finger at the smiling thunder god. "Okay, do NOT let a ninja ambush me next time!"

He then immediately turns and checks to ensure that there is no ambush waiting. "I'm getting real sick and tired of it..."

"Are you prepared to travel to Edenia?" Raiden asks.

>A) Head to Edenia now
>B) Something else in Earthrealm yet
>C) Other
>>
>>44680056
>>A) Head to Edenia now
>>
>>44680056
>>A) Head to Edenia now
>>
>>44680056
>>B) Something else in Earthrealm yet
Pick up Tremor. Might as well get all the Ninja related BS out of the way.
>>
>>44680056
>B) Something else in Earthrealm yet
Peek in on the Special Forces?
>>
>>44680056
>A) Head to Edenia now
Mom? Check
All the crazy ninjas? Check
Monks? Check
We are good to go.
>>
>>44680166
Why are we getting Tremor? He doesn't know us, and he's in with the Black Dragons.
>>
>>44680166
>>44680235

I know there's been some talk of Tremor but he's not in Earthrealm currently.
>>
>>44680235
Cause he's cool, I want to bother Kano because it's funny, and even if he doesn't remember it, dude deserves a high five for what he pulled in the alt timeline.
>>
>>44680056
>>A) Head to Edenia now
>>
>>44680320
That's just gonna confuse the fuck out of him.
>>
>>44680056

This was legit a really cool moment.

Thank you for this, Damashi.
>>
>>44680056
>A
>>
>>44680354
It confused the fuck out of me too, honestly. But eh, he'll adapt. He's pretty sturdy. A real solid guy.
>>
>>44680056
>A) Head to Edenia now
>>
>>44680320
Yeah, at the end of the tour we could take a ride to Kotal's and clear up that just because we've been employed on opposite times every time, we aren't natural enemies.

>>44680354
More the reason to do it. Same goes for Korbin
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 500x333
>>44680056
Lets head to dat funky Edenia
>>
>>44680461
Forgot this
>A) Head to Edenia now
>>
>>44680453
Yeah, we do need to pick up the Crow Ninja and Yorrick again.
>>
Alright, I'm going to hit bed; hope you guys liked that moment I wrote between Kaito and Takeda, I was surprisingly invested in writing it.

Tomorrow morning around 9 eastern, we will travel to Edenia for the first time (as Kaito, anyway).
>>
>>44680536
>hope you guys liked that moment I wrote between Kaito and Takeda
i did
>>
>>44680536
It was really great, I'll try and keep the thread bumped.
>>
>>44680536
It was great as always.
Should we try to keep this thread alive, or we'll start a new one?
>>
>>44680536
The Takeda moment was great.
>>
File: 1432683566006.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1432683566006.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>44680536
Thanks damashi, was fun. Can't wait for tomorrow
>>
>>44680536
Thanks for the quest Damashi
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.