[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: 40k_whuur_general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40k_whuur_general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Talking People Out of Playing Eldar Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
How heretical would it be to buy an army off Ebay?
>>
File: Pirate Ork.png (266 KB, 400x521) Image search: [Google]
Pirate Ork.png
266 KB, 400x521
I CLAIM DIS THREAD FOR DA ORKZ!
>>
>>44653593

Crunch wise the ID on grounding tests is bad. However I for one like the ID on the grounding. It makes it feel like the suit is the pinicle of technology, being able to fly and fire weapons, however it is fragile. I built the damn model and it feels and looks fragile. I like it, it's also a nice self nerf.

The FMC has its benefits, most everyone is familiar with it. However as you said, other than familiarity it's a bad way to do it. Which, I don't know. I haven't had to the chance to use it, but in principle I do agree.

I don't think the burst cannon variant is a bad weapon, it whips AV10 (which is common on flyers and rear armor which you can reach easily) I sorely wish they included a fusion blaster instead of a missile pod, or an ion Cannon at least.

I think they looked at the Flying Hive Tyrant and said "we need one of those!" could have been something really special, but it was kinda lazy considering the FHT already exists.

A squad of them is an interesting proposition though. I don't think there's precedence for that though and it'd be pretty powerful. Would probably need to be a LOW slot to balance it out.
>>
>>44654404
Buy your paint and HQ's from your local FGLS if you plan on playing there.

If not, who cares?
>>
>>44654404
Not bad at all man, it is a great way to beat some of the entry cost of the hobby. Of course painting them your way will be difficult and a well painted army will cost more.
>>
>>44654404
as heretical as buying any models 2nd hand. i've got horror stories about some models i've gotten from guys and other times they're well done
>>
>>44654460
>Don't buy most of my stuff at the shop I play at
>Paranoid the manager knows and begrudges me for it

If only they did discounts.
>>
>>44654460

This is exactly what I do.

When I dropped in earlier today I picked up a Vargard Obyron for $9 because its weapon was warped. I microwaved a cup of water and now its all fixed.

Next time I go in I guess I will get the Orikan the Diviner and try out the formation everyone was talking about last thread. I think the royal court would be a good addition to my CAD for a bump up in points for 1250.
>>
File: 1450126446821.jpg (263 KB, 1258x1078) Image search: [Google]
1450126446821.jpg
263 KB, 1258x1078
>>44654517

>tfw your flgs gets their warham stock at massive discounts but sells at full price
>>
Anyone else have a hard time deciding if they want to sell an army or not?
>>
>>44654561
Parting with my first army was the hardest choice but in the end someone else actually wanted them and they were about to just be a learning tool so I decided why not have a learning tool that isn't bad.
>>
>>44654542
Exactly, what's even worse is that there's a second smaller store like a 5 minute walk away with a 10-20% discount on everything so I play in the larger store and buy from the smaller.
I've been doing it for a while and I'm worried the manager of the larger store is catching on especially now everyone is doing "new year new army" and he doesn't remember selling me half of my new army...
>>
>>44654542
>>44654517

I think there's rules against that actually.
>>
>>44654561
>>44654584
Damn guys. I can't even think about departing with my Tau.
>>
>>44654561
naw, i would love to sell my high elf army
>>
>>44654634
Is AoS the deciding factor?
>>
>>44654561

I sold off my chaos marines and I regret it to this day because a few years later I just started them back up again

I would say don't do it unless you're quitting forever or need the money to eat
>>
>>44654666
i bought it 2nd hand off a guy for a really good price. never got around to actually playing it then AoS happened and yeah
>>
>>44654741
You might wanna keep them. Most likely they'll introduce a point system in the near future.

GW has been suspiciously "acceptable" lately.
>>
>>44654593
In that case I know a few stores breaking the rules.
>>
>>44654437

It's not really a matter of the burst cannon being a bad weapon, purely the fluff of it in relation to void combat. In those conditions with no intervening terrain to hide behind, you really want to be able to strike your enemy well before you close to skirmish distances.

As my top of my head suggestion said: Sacrificing some strength for range and rending would be fluffy - Distinct too, the only other rending weapon on this scale for Tau is on the Hazard suits.
>>
File: GW 2015 - Copy.png (556 KB, 1052x622) Image search: [Google]
GW 2015 - Copy.png
556 KB, 1052x622
How does this image make /tg/ feel? especially my Australian battle brothers.
>>
If a start a nid army with the express intention of not using Flyrants will I be disappointed?

I like Zoanthropes, Dakkafexes, Exorene's, Genestealers and Raveners and they all seem like fairly useful units - can I make a good army using them as a basis?
>>
>>44654929
>oh look, something i can get on ebay for a 1/3 of the cost

>>44654792
anything is possible but i'd need to buy more stuff to run the army how i want otherwise i wouldn't mind. i also didn't buy it to be WAAC by the way

>>44654989
you would gimp yourself yes
>>
Just started Imperial Guard after coming from fantasy for a few years.

Good god the 40k rule book is a fucking mess. Fantasy seemed to be set out much nicer.

Do I need/should I buy any supplements for IG? I know there is a few out there but no idea were to start.
>>
>>44654929
GW web bundles don't make sense to me

Blood angel termies are tight as fuck, though. I wish they updated the default ones along the same lines.
>>
>>44655085
Na, standard codex is all you need other than the rulebook.

What guard do you have so far anon?
>>
>>44654929
How does anyone justify living in Australia.

It's not just a GW thing.

>>44654900
So you'd be better with 4 pulse Rifles with rending?

>>44655085
Here's a run down of them: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Imperial_Guard(7E)#Supplements
>>
>>44655129

The old battle force, the new cadian defense force, and a extra Leman Russ. Comes to...

40 guardsmen
6 heavy weapons teams, using some extra bases I can stretch this to 3 of each, minus the heavy bolter
2 sets of command squad, Ill set aside some guardsmen bodies to use all the unique bits up
2 Leman Russ tanks
1 Chimera
1 Sentinel

This will do me for a while. I may pick up 1 commissar or something.
>>
File: 1451248314003.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451248314003.gif
107 KB, 300x300
I need to add like 230 more points to my 1000 point list. This is for a fun and is a casual setting, Im not planning or removing anything as it is using everything I currently own.
>HQ
Farseer with Singing Spear
>TROOPS
10 guardians with scatter laser, warlock with singing spear
10 guardians with scatter laser, warlock
9 rangers
>FAST ATTACK
5 warp spiders including exarch with powerblades ans spinneret rifle
Wraithlord with brightlance, sword and 2 heavy flamers.
Im at 783/1000 points. What should I add? Im going more shooty and defensive than rapid assault.
pls dont say wraithknight, i enjoy the company of my friends
>>
>>44655136
>How does anyone justify living in Australia
>universal healthcare
>high standard of living
>great weather most of the year
>practically no chance of being shot to death

Other than expensive GW products cannot think of one reason why not to
>>
>>44655136
>How does anyone justify living in Australia.

Higher minimum wage? I probably earn way more than an American in the same industry even taking the exchange rate into account.

But yeah, even I'm finding it harder to afford GW stuff these days, as much as there are a heap of themed armies I'd like to try for 40k, I've actually been selling / trading armies to reduce the amount of armies I have.

Wasn't good for my wallet when I had 4 to 5 months in a row where all my Fantasy and 40k got updates. Now far less likely to happen with just RG (30k and 40k), Skitarii (soon AdMech), and Fantasy Chaos.
>>
>>44655277
The spiders?
>>
>>44655269
get some vypers, bro

or war walkers, but vypers are cooler
>>
>>44655343

GW prices are bad in AUS. good there's sites like Black Cultist that offer good discounts.

Unfortunately, its come to the point were I don't even buy from my local GW. Ill go there to game however. Sometimes ill use their paints too.
>>
>>44655251
Depends what you want them to do, if you just want them to not run away a priest is the superior choice.
>>
>>44655277
I'd rather be shot to death than be eaten by proto Tyranids.

Not just GW products, even vidya is outrageously expensive and other luxury items. Every hobby has issues in Ausland.
>>
>>44655269
A wraithlord.

They aren't cheesy cos they can't take D-weapons but are pretty cool units.
>>
Has Doom of Myneria 2nd edition been added to the OP yet?
>>
>>44655269
>>44655492
Aren't Wraith Blades non competitive?
>>
>>44655492
So 2 wraithlords?
Can they handle most threats themselves?
>>44655386
These seem cool, I can add a squad of 3 in with holo fields and bright lances and snipe tanks, but av 10 hp 2 is kinda eh.
>>
>>44655269
get some warp spider gun artillery

>>44655576
they're like hammer/shield terminators or those necron guys
>>
>>44654989
Zoanthropes, dakkafexes, and exocrines are all great. You may not sweep tournaments with them, but you can win friendly games.

Genestealers are in an unfortunate state right now, as someone who's tried several times to make them work I strongly just advise against it.

I have a really hard time justifying raveners over shrikes when they cost the same point, have basically the same stats, only shrikes have synapse and ravener's don't.

That said, I've seen builds for shrikes that do some serious damage, and iirc I guess they'd work on raveners. Just a bummer to lose the extra synapse for no reason.
>>
>>44655595
>a squad of 3
No, split them if you can. Just make sure you hide them well to avoid losing first blood.
>>
>>44655277
You say no almost no chance of being shot to death like you're a peacful country, but you have katana and chainsa battles in the streets.
>>
>>44655614
Then why did my friends Wraith Blades get automatically removed being hit by my Fusion blasters...
>>
>>44655595
Yeah, they should work well as linebreakers in smaller point games.

Try you're best to avoid them getting tarpitted, as they suck a bit in melee but they can be shot at for days and not die.
>>
>>44655736
s8 ap1 is damn good at killing things. t6 and 3+/4++ means they're pretty durable though, tougher then my keeper or daemon princes
>>
What armies don't have a flyer option at this point?
>>
>>44655932
arbites
kroot
>>
Hey /tg/ I could really use some help with my KDK gorepack. I really want to keep it and the list contains everything I have besides the Dark Vengeance Chaos models and two flesh hounds.... I know at least two players from my playgroup occasionally come here so I am sure they will recognize the list. Every army besides Tau, Dark Eldar, non Ultramarine Codex Spacemarines and Supplement armies.

Really think I should try using some of the other formations but I am not sure which to look in to. Definetly feel like I am the slowest learner in my group, we started just before Halloween and any game over 1000+ pts has resulted in a terrible record.

Formation:

>Gorepack (832pts)

2x2 Plasma Gun Bikers, +Champ w/ Power Fist

2x2 Meltagun Bikers, + Champion w/ Combi- Melta, Melta Bombs

11x Flesh Hounds

12x Flesh Hounds

>Combined Arms Detachment (986pts)

HQ: JuggerLord w/ Kor'lath, The Axe of Ruin (180pts)

Troops: 2x8 Cultists (58pts/ea)

Fast Attack: 3x1 Heldrakes (170pts/ea) Two are Baleflamers, one has Autocannon

Heavy Support: Forgefiend (180pts)
>>
>Eldar ears are a highly sensitive and erogenous zone. Their ears also perk when aroused.
>Eldar do not ejaculate; rather their orgasms release mass bursts of psychic energy, which can be used to impregnate a sexual partner. Any gender may impregnate any gender this way.
>>
>>44656014
Why would you write that?
>>
File: 1450101154889.jpg (1 MB, 1260x1782) Image search: [Google]
1450101154889.jpg
1 MB, 1260x1782
>>44655983
>putting a Autocannon on a Hell Drake

>>44656014
That is the gayest thing I've ever read.
>>
>>44655645
>That said, I've seen builds for shrikes that do some serious damage, and iirc I guess they'd work on raveners. Just a bummer to lose the extra synapse for no reason.
Well my main reasoning is the size of the models.

Raveners are gonna have a way easier time hiding out of LoS than shrikes and an easier time moving through terrain due to being beasts.

Thought it would combo quite well to keep them safer as to make cool looking shrikes I'd probably have to make them pretty big models.

>Zoanthropes, dakkafexes, and exocrines are all great. You may not sweep tournaments with them, but you can win friendly games.
That's cool, I'm torn between nids, Eldar and Tzeentch daemons atm.

I basically want an army where I can kill people with mind bullets and have units that look cool.

Eldar would fit the bill if they had a Psychic discipline with more witchfires. Also I hate how Farseers and Warlocks suck in melee.

>muhmuhmuh Eldar need to be good at everything

Would actually be a better way of balancing them - currently they are one of the cheapest psykers in the game - make them better at melee and give them a points hike and you end up shadow-nerfing them.

But yeah Zoanthropes seem like a unit made for killing people with mind-bullets and they look awesome to boot.
>>
Is new Ad Mech really coming? I don't want my hopes to go the way of Tzeentch Daemonkin.
>>
>>44656014
That's cute :3
>>
>>44656133
A squad of six Zoans is really scary, especially if you have an imperial knight or similar.
>>
>>44655982
>armies

neither of those are armies and kroot are just another troop choice in the tau book

>>44656014
nicedaemonette pls

>>44656155
another daemonkin was never likely
>>
I personally hope any new daemonkin armies are detachments/formations only, rather than whole books. I want Chaos Undivided armies, dammit!
>>
>>44655932
SoB, but they can get one via FW.
>>
>>44655932
Skitarii/AdMech
Imperial Knights
>>
>>44654404
If you're stuck for cash, go ahead.
Just remember to support your local flgs.
>>
>>44656295
FLYING KNIGHT WHEN?!
>>
I need more good battle reports in my life.

Preferably not video ones, those tend to be shit.
>>
>>44655983
Well damn, no Chaos fags wanna respond to you.

Have you checked this out for some help? https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Khorne_Daemonkin(7E)
>>
>>44656174
Why do we hate on Tau when Eldar exist.

>>44656378
Would you like a fucking power point presentation?
>>
>>44656223
>neither of those are armies
okay kid
>>
>>44656444

send me a link to their army section on the gw website. I'll wait.
>>
>>44656444
it's 2016 you old goat. get with the times and visit a lgs sometime
>>
>>44656340
SOOOOOOOONNN
>>
>>44656421

Just a summary man. Visuals aren't important.

The thing with video reports though is they tend to be two guys awkwardly standing around talking into a camera mumbling a vague description of the last player turn like:

"Well um as you can see, this turn our models moved about a bunch and um, Dan killed my Wraithlord. So uh... See you next turn."
>>
>>44655645
>Zoanthropes...are all great.

They aren't really. You generally need to throw 5-6 dice at Warp Blast to be sure of casting it successfully, which will often be the bulk of your psychic pool. It's pretty short ranged, and the Lance profile, while very powerful, suffers from the same problems that all single-shot anti-tank weapons do; between rolling to hit and the opponent's cover save, actually pushing damage through isn't terribly likely. They're not all that tough either, a brood of 3 being about as hard to kill as 6 Space Marines.

I'm not saying Zoanthropes are terrible, but I wouldn't call them great either. They're just sort of okay.
>>
>>44656477
buzz off top-spin
>>
>>44656340
I hope never, but I'd love to see a psyker-knight variant.
>>
>>44656505
Sounds like shit content producers m8.

Striking Scorpion (he does cuts)
Miniwargaming (they're awkward in other ways, but not boring)

Those two do more of a narrative thing.

Table Top Tactics is better for WAAC.
>>
>>44656545
FLYING PSYKER KNIGHT WHEN?!
>>
>>44656545
>>44656340
>>44656594
The Blood Angels did flying vehicles before they were cool.
>>
>>44656533
it's okay anon. somewhere time there are other folks playing 2nd and 3rd. just keep searching and i know you'll find something, relative
>>
Does footslogging Eldar work?

e.g if I run 4 full squads of Dire Avengers will they get shot to shit before they do anything?

Also want to run a seer council on foot so simillar kinda question.
>>
>>44656641
>there are people who play 2nd and 3rd edition

I'm sorry.
>>
>>44656634
Librarian dreads are pretty cool, nice kit.
>>
>>44656014

Suddenly the jungle in front of us exploded and a hand full of Eldar charged through the vegetation. Unlike the other Eldars we had encountered these one had a strange looking helmet and were equipped with glowing swords. The ambush caught us by complete surprise and even before anyone had chance to fire single lasgun the xenos struck. Half the squad panicked and fled and I made sure to remember their deeds, they had to be punished for their lack of effort in the duty of the emperor. A tall Eldar closed in on me holding a spear in one hand. I drew my sword and met her charge but just as we were about to lock weapons her mask gave a terrifying howl that almost shattered my soul. The impact shocked my body, freezing it on the spot and I prepared my mind to finally end my duty. Dying in battle for the emperor would be just as I prefered.
But the strike never came. Instead I had to helpless witness the rest of the squad flee with the assaulters following. I tried to force my body to move if just to just raise my arm so I could shot one of these xeno scums with my bolt pistol but I couldn’t even move a finger and my scream just became a muffled growling.
The Eldars came back from their pursuit. Half a dozen sat down in front of me as the Eldar with the spear pointed at me and and said something in their strange language that made them laugh.
Taking of her mask I could see she was reminding about a human, pale skinned and fair with a red alien symbol tattooed below her left eye. She was a few inches taller than me, and a her malicious gaze met mine.
She slapped my sword and bolt pistol out of my hands and then proceeded to pull my pants down. To my great embarrassment the foul xeno technology that had paralysed me had also left me with erection.
>>
>>44656675
whoops forgot my picture
>>
>>44656014
>>44656698
BACK TO YOUR SMUT THREADS DAMN IT
>>
>>44656698
How can he get erect if he's paralyzed?
>>
>>44656754

The group giggled as she cut open my underwear with the spear.
I felt my face turning red by shame but still I could do nothing but growl. Would she mutilate me? Shame me and then kill me? I had been well educated in interrogation and I knew what would be next.
I thought. Instead she went down on her knees and grabbed my cock in an armour clad hand, then slowly she closed her mouth around it as the rest of the Eldars giggled and cheered.
To my horror I was defiled by an alien. She moved her head faster and faster and despite my disgust I was still hard. I growled, both by anger and pleasure now. I would not let her have it. I would not put shame on the emperor's name. The Eldar slowed down and looked me in my eyes. They glittered with a mix of enjoyment and domination. If I was to die I would at least not let this xeno scum make me climax. But once again I failed the emperor. I let out a moan as I came in her mouth. She rose to her feet with one hand victorious in the air to the rest of the group's amusement. Soon there after they disappeared into the jungle, except for the tall Eldar that put her spear against my throat. But she did not relieve me from my shame, instead she let out a sadistic laugh and then vanished into the jungle.
>>
>>44655983
Take less flesh hounds in the one unit, use the points to increase your bike squad numbers slightly for more wounds.

I don't see the reason for the helldrakes, you're trying to get to melee and the flamers, while killing stuff, aren't taking out the stuff that's killing you, right?
The helldrake with autocannon is decent AA and for killing light tanks, but without turret head helldrakes are meh.

You should look into going all melee all day. Maulerfiends would help, as would taking a bike chaos lord to roll with the bikes.

>>44656645
It does, make sure they take the shimmer shield for kicks, the invul will at least annoy your opponent. Take some dark reapers, warp spiders and scorpians.

Council on foot is slow and dead. Instead look into adding harlequins.
>>
>>44656406

Thanks I have a bit. My grorepack is good but idk if the way I am running it is. I suppose I might as well run all heldrakes with flamers.

The bonuses from Slaughtercult are nice but the units it makes you take (CSM) are not.

The Brazen Onslaught: (1-4 Termie packs and 2-4 Bloodcrusher packs) Is what I am interested in. I have three bloodcrushers I forgot to mention. I can just add War Machine formation for my Forgefiend.

Do I have to have an HQ? Can I just take three formation and make any independant character the warlord?
>>
>>44656754
It's too late. This thread has fallen to the Ruinous Powers of Smut.

>Tau cum is blueberry juice
>>
>>44656821
Oh come on man. It's a S6 AP3 ignores cover flamer flyer.

It's not meh.
>>
Is it worth giving Meltavets Demolitions, in addition to being embarked in a Chimera?
I've rarely gotten to use the S8 AP2 pieplate, but the Meltabombs have helped bring down walkers before.
>>
>>44656866
Yes. Formations can be taken by themselves.

Any CHARACTER can be your Warlord. Your Chaos Marine Sergeant can be your Warlord.
>>
>>44656886
Sure, it's S6 AP3, but it's also limited to a 45 degree arc. If your opponent knows what Heldrakes are, he's gonna spread his units and you're unlikely to hit more than 2-3 per flamer. Killing 15 marines over the course of the game isn't hugely impressive to my mind, especially considering maneuvering considerations.
>>
>>44656960
But that has benefits in itself. Can't huddle behind cover, which allows for more "not through cover" assaults and less units, well, in cover.

3 is kinda overkill though.
>>
I suddenly got the urge today to start building a Farsight Enclaves army with lots of Crisis suits. I don't want it to be too ridiculously powerful though, so I've decided a good way to tone it down would be to limit the equipment on my 'troop' suits.

Would a 3 man crisis team with a single burst cannon each be a good stand in compared to fire warriors? Its a similar amount of shots as a small squad and a similar amount of wounds.

Also, how pricey would this probably end up being?
>>
>>44657102
The Dawn Blade Contingent isn't really that powerful man. You should take that. It's really fluffy as well.
>>
>>44657102

The formations in the Dawn Blade are individually more powerful than the Dawn Blade itself.
>>
File: 1448713937444 (1).png (7 MB, 2180x2040) Image search: [Google]
1448713937444 (1).png
7 MB, 2180x2040
Why can't you use Darkstrider in any contingent? Was it an oversight or what?
>>
>>44657102
If you're taking lots of suits with minimal fire warriors Stealth suits or hazard suits might be a better idea for S5 dakka, and they add variety. Making your crisis suits worthless by taking one weapon each just to be a "sportsman" is stupid.
>>
>>44657218
I'm pretty sure you can take him in the Hunter Contingent.

>>44657188
Just take the Drone formation if you wanna be tone downed.
>>
>>44657250
the drone formation will fuck you up nigga
>>
>>44657239
I wasn't planning on taking all of them as Burst cannon suits, just a few squads to fill in for the lack of Fire Warriors.

That said, you are probably right in that other suits could help give some variety.

>>44657153
>>44657188
Sounds like it could work well for my purposes. I'll look into it. Thanks.
>>
File: shas'o'rly.jpg (807 KB, 3686x1042) Image search: [Google]
shas'o'rly.jpg
807 KB, 3686x1042
>>44657000
Unless you're playing against a guy with long fangs or any other kind of devastator in the open, a few ap 3 flamers aren't going to win the day for you.

Especially considering most stuff is either in boxes, has a 2+ or whatever. Helldrakes are meh.

>>44657293
Shas'obama reporting in
>>
>>44657358
>Getting real sick of your shit, Shas'la
>>
>>44657358
drone army vs servo skull fight when tg?
>>
File: The coalition of Shas'Obama.jpg (2 MB, 3096x1776) Image search: [Google]
The coalition of Shas'Obama.jpg
2 MB, 3096x1776
>>44657358
>>
>>44657250
>>44657293
Question: What happens if you take the Drone Formation twice? Does that give all drones +2 total?
>>
File: 1446605350711.jpg (640 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
1446605350711.jpg
640 KB, 734x950
stat him
>>
File: Sniper Drone.jpg (30 KB, 370x278) Image search: [Google]
Sniper Drone.jpg
30 KB, 370x278
How many boxes of sniper drones should I get? Are they worth the price in coins and points?
>>
>>44657358
is this one of those magic eye pictures?
>>
File: tigger.jpg (703 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
tigger.jpg
703 KB, 1200x1600
>>44657436
Tiger sharks are so hilariously useless.
520 points for a HP6 flyer and 14 drones
>>
>>44657570

That's until you give them Titan-killer guns.
>>
>>44657539
I've used them with decent success, though they're not really worth it in larger numbers. A single marksman with a handful of Drones in cover can do good work. 3 BS 5 sniper shots (6 at 24") is plenty to snipe with.

By keeping them small it also makes the opponent focus on larger units, which makes your cheap Sniper able to sit around and take potshots for far longer.
>>
File: drone net vx1-0.jpg (939 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
drone net vx1-0.jpg
939 KB, 1536x2048
>>44657491
It's 4+ squads of drones so the intention was probably that you can only take one of the formation.
But yes if you had multiple formations you'd get stacked bonuses
>>
>>44657570
pretty sure this is the flier that you can slap on those god-tier railguns on and go to town on anything with the name "super-heavy" in its unit type.
>>
File: 1450838712506.jpg (33 KB, 405x276) Image search: [Google]
1450838712506.jpg
33 KB, 405x276
>tfw a 14 year old brings a manta with his tau
>>
>>44657539
I'd say double the squad strength.
kroot put out more shots but sniper drones are undervalued
>>
>>44657634
The 4 or more units would only really matter if you wanted more squads to get the special rule.

That said, for just over 200 points you can take the minimum. 700 is enough to make all of the Drones in your army BS 5.
>>
>>44657634
>>44657705
>Take 8 copies of the formation
>1792 points
>Ballistic Skill 10 on all Drones

Too far?
>>
>>44657705
heh heh heh
>>
>>44657729
of course not
>>
>>44657102
Your daily reminder that naked Crisis Suits are objectively better than Assault Marines as assault units.
>>
>>44657805
Daily lies
>>
>>44657805
Take your disgusting xeno propaganda somewhere else, scum.
>>
File: 1449286086902.jpg (105 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
1449286086902.jpg
105 KB, 500x657
>>44657805
wildly flailing your limbs is not honorable combat
>>
>>44657729

Doesn't it count for re-roll limit?
>>
>>44657887
Yeah. It'd only matter on Drones that weren't twin-linked, which is pretty much just marker drones.
>>
Why is finding a new in box beast of nurgle so hard to find on ebay?
>>
3 Crisis suits naked. (66 points)
Higher Str.
More Attacks.
Double Wounds for the same price.
Downside is lower IN, WS, and no Hammer of Wrath.
>>
>>44657250

>I'm pretty sure you can take him in the Hunter Contingent.

Are you certain? I'm pretty sure that he's not listed anywhere.
>>
What's a better troop choice overall, Vanguard or Rangers?
>>
What's the best baneblade variant?
>>
>>44657926
they all turned into plague drones. joke aside i see what you mean, i guess no one wanted to use the unit. i suggest some chaos spawn or orges since they're the same size
>>
>>44658096
Flying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgZEXzHJwno
>>
>>44657250
you can't take Darkstrider in any formation, just the Combined Arms and Allied detachments.
>>
>>44658096
Stormlord with 20 mortar teams firing out.
>>
Anyone got any recommendations for a female jetseer model? I was thinking about just converting the guardians on jetbikes but I was wondering if there were any good third party sculpts or better conversion ideas for my biker babes.
>>
>>44655277
>>practically no chance of being shot to death
This does not make up for the high likelihood of being poisoned, raped, stabbed, robbed, or beaten by the locals and the local wildlife.

Step off your high kangaroo for a moment and realize that you did not cure a problem, you simply shifted it from one demographic to the other. That's not something to be proud of.
>>
So, i'm playing in an apoc game soon and I was thinking about using the War Council of Mandragora, with some updates me and the group agreed on for the 7e codex- such as using the royal court detachment since its the only royal court now.

I'm just worried if it'll die like a bitch or not, since it requires so many HQ and models in it as a single super unit.

Any advice on what I should or should not take in it and if it is worth taking, what sort of things I should avoid putting in it?
>>
Can IC join formations?
>>
>>44658119
I enjoyed that way more than I thought I would
>>
>>44656941
Would be a shame to lose my Juggerlord but a Gorepack and Brazen Onslaught combo seems very fun. Of course then I lose all the other models in my CAD and the Heldrakes used to be rather good.

>>44656821

Am I kitting my bikes out alright or should I go full melee? I haven't even thought of trying it t b h. I though that was what Fleshhounds are for. How do you feel about what I said about about dropping the CAD for the other formations? My group is slowly spreading their troops much better. Fully support getting more bikes. I like the models and how they play. At 1000pts I run my hounds 11 and 5, should I just keep that all the way through.

To be honest since I have started playing everyone has stronger, more tuned armies. Even our new player has the wraith formation for Eldar that kicks my dick in at 1000 points.

I can give brief summaries of everyone's 1000pt lists but above that I have stayed away from outside of a full team battles.
>>
just got myself a kit of ork boyz, should i make choppaz or shootaz? Im new to orks
>>
>>44658617
shootas

Word of advice, leave the gun arm off until after you paint them. It covers the entire body.
>>
>>44658650
like the arm with the gun or the arm holding the gun?
>>
>>44658680
Yes.
>>
>>44658680
the one with the gun

Like, dry fit the parts right now, you'll see what I'm talking about. Gluing the right arm on makes painting the chest a pain in the ass.
>>
>>44657917
>>44657887
Is resolving a BS5+ considered a "reroll"
>>
>>44658571
While "frowned upon" you can take formations with unbound shit
>>
>>44655269
Dire Avengers, Swooping Hawks, Shadow Spectres, Dark Reapers, or Wraithblades.

Dire Avengers can be shooty, but have a surprising amount of choppy what with counter-attack and high initiative. Give the Exarch a Diresword and he can murder well above his points cost, at the cost of not grabbing the shimmershield.

Swooping hawks are one of the best deepstriking options around. When you have six of them, they shit out a bunch of grenades in a pie-plate as they land, then you've still got a highly mobile shooty unit with Hit and Run. Haywires for vehicles, and mass laser fire for infantry.

Shadow Spectres are Forgeworld models, so make sure your group is OK with them. They're basically Warp Spiders with less shots, better AP, and cover saves. Their laser guns can combine with their exarch's to make a mini fire-prism shot that can put the hurt on big targets. They are also fairly expensive, points-wise.

Dark Reapers, on the other hand, have no tricks other than just shitting out AP3 shots like they're going out of style. The exarch can take a missile launcher and Fast Shot to put double the missiles and more accuracy as 20 guardians would. Very expensive points-wise.

Wraithblades aren't shooty, but they are one of the best gunline defenses out there. With no assault vehicles, they have trouble getting to melee, but if you keep them as a force protection, they can get in and become fucking blenders.
Swords have more attacks at S6, AP3. Axes have less attacks at S7, AP2, and a 4+ invuln save. Combined with their toughness, they can kill damn near anything in melee, or tie it up for the rest of the game.
>>
>>44656528
To be fair, yeah, you do need to make sure to get a neurothrope and a pod for them to really do work.

And when I'm talking about tyranids, that's really all I mean when I say 'great' in the context of anything but flyrants. 'Fairly useable' would probably have been a more accurate way of conveying what I meant, but it was a pretty off-the-cuff response.
>>
>>44658382
Yes, ICs can join any units they are normally allowed to join.

However unless otherwise stated they do not receive the bonus from the formation.
>>
>>44658965

Nah I dont want to go unbound, thanks though
>>
File: 1444827833445.jpg (446 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1444827833445.jpg
446 KB, 792x792
>>44658973
>Forgeworld models, so make sure your group is OK with them.
>>
Why the hell isn't there a good Dreadnought formation in the vanilla book.
>>
>>44658096

Hellhammer.
>>
>>44658096
Glaive fellblade.
>>
Is that anon looking for a Force Thunder Hammer still around?
>>
>Pale Host from new IA 11

>Spirit Seer
>3 Fire Dragon teams from Aspect Lord Shrine
>Warp Hunter from the Strong Stand Alone
>Engines of Vaul for Falcons to deep-strike the Fire Dragons
>Engines of Vaul for Fire Prisms
>Skyhunter Squadron for a Lynx

Eldar tank Army. Can it work? Would it be fun to play/play against?
>>
File: 1450177302167.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1450177302167.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>44659352
>would Eldar be fun to play against.
>>
Anyone ever got Ghost Miniatures before? I'm liking their female Eldar jetbike models.
>>
do summoned demons scatter, or simply count as arriving via deep strike for charging/moving/whatever?
>>
>>44659722
they scatter unless you have a daemon icon, possibly other races but i'm not sure
>>
File: gold-dollar-sign.jpg (27 KB, 575x426) Image search: [Google]
gold-dollar-sign.jpg
27 KB, 575x426
>>44654404
I probably have around $3-4k worth of models had they been new, that I really only spent around 1500, that I grabbed off of ebay over these last 3 years. The key is to take a good week to search for a good lot for your army. I'll grab a new kit every so often if I don't want to wait for it secondhand, or a fresh slate to paint on. Superclean and Simple Green are your best friends. now matter how bad the lot is painted, a gallon bucket of super clean for two nights will take that shit right off. A good lot could result in 4k+ points of models for $500 depending on the army and paint job. Go for the bad jobs, strip em, and you'll save the bank.
>>
What would be a good space marine/guard army list?

Preferably something with elite space marine units backed up by guard tanks and artillery.
>>
Suppose its been enough generals to ask again:

I am bringing a ~500pt Deathwing Strikforce for my Ravenwing Army. This will be a unit of Knights and Regular PF/SB Termis led by a Level 2 Termi Lib. (just has a force axe, maybe a storm bolter?)

What I am looking to deal with are Daemon Princes and the things Daemons summon, Lychguard, Thunderwolf Cavalry, Carnifex, Wraithguard/knight and Centurians.

The Knights all come equiped with Storm Shields And Maces of Absolution with Smite;

>Fortress of Shields: Any model equipped with a Storm Shield that is in base contact with at least two other models with this rule gains +1 Toughness

>Smite: Can opt to exchange normal attacks for a single Smite attack at Strength x2, AP2.

The Terminators just have 4 powerfists, a power sword and 5 Storm bolters.

I am unsure which group to put my librarian in but will probably roll for Telepathy.

With teleport beacons all over the place they can come in where and when ever they are needed. I was just curious how you guys thought of them or terminators in general. If you play any of the factions above I am even more interested.
>>
File: 1426831360694.jpg (99 KB, 600x481) Image search: [Google]
1426831360694.jpg
99 KB, 600x481
>>44658293
>high likelihood of being poisoned, raped, stabbed, robbed, or beaten by the locals and the local wildlife.
>high
>relative to what?
Kek Americunt. please provide references from credible sources before shitposting.
>>
>>44657436
Shas'Obama?
>>
File: shas'o boh'mha.png (213 KB, 825x413) Image search: [Google]
shas'o boh'mha.png
213 KB, 825x413
>>44660091
>>
>>44659884

When it comes to Carnifex v Termis I have yet to beat the latter. They always have some stormshields so I imagine your knights with +1T and some crazy mace would squash me right proper. Powerfists work well enough. I don't see many librarians in close combat so probably give him your bolter and let him be shooty.
>>
>>44660082
>>44658293
Go to /int/
>>
File: 1415595921312.png (97 KB, 175x220) Image search: [Google]
1415595921312.png
97 KB, 175x220
>>44660157
>/int/
>credible source
>pick ONE and only one EVER

But seriously you need to spend less time on int if that's the case, shit is poisoning your mind bro
>>
What are the army tiers for most powerful
>>
>>44660263
Eldar, Tau, Necrons. That order.
>>
>>44660346
Where does kdk stand
>>
>>44660413
Middle tier, it's okay but use formations.
>>
Hey new Ultramarine player here. I have been using a lot of advice from 1dchan which I found mostly helpful. Christmas spoils brought me Tigerus, three Centurion Devastator and the Rhino I needed for my 10 Tactical marine. Today was my first 1000 point game and I got to use them all and I have to say it was awesome. My gameplay is still really shabby but my opponent as well as a seasoned Space Marine player really helped me out. The Centurions are a bit slow but once in range they decimated his two tanks. To expand should I get more centurians, or some sort of transport for them. Maybe a Dreadnaught and drop pod or thunderfire cannon. I am not interested in any forgeworld at this point.

My list is as follows though:

>HQ:Chief Librarian Tigurius (165pts) Librarian level 2 with Combi Melta and Force Axe (100pts)
>Troops
5 man Scout Squad with Camo Cloaks in a Landspeeder Storm (105pts)
10x Space Marines Tactical Squad with Combi-flamer, Flamer, Rhino (190pts)
9x Space Marines Tactical Squad with Combi-melta Meltagun, Rhino (181pts)
>Heavy Support - Centurion Devastator Grav-cannon and Grav-amp Omniscope Squad (250pts)

1000/1000
>>
>>44660522
>he's not interested in the FW drop pod that allows Dreadnoughts to assault from deep strike.
>>
>>44660346
>>44660263
Not so fast Space Elves, this isn't 6th edition anymore.

Tau, Eldar, Necrons. In that order.
>>
>>44660263
Tyranids. Pyrovore spam is just insane since they literally nuke the table
>>
I've got bits and pieces from different Space marine sets that have kind of sat around for a few years, and I'm trying to put together a 10 man tac squad, and thought that the pistols looked pretty gud on the minis, but after some reading, it seems like i should really only be putting bolters on my squad? Is this true? I'm very new.
>>
>>44660708
>Anything
>Stronger than Eldar

You're right. It's not 6e, which means Tau aren't at the top anymore.
>>
>>44660750
>Tau
>Top of sixth edition

You're meming too hard friend.

>>44660746
Tactical Marines have both equipped. However if you put bolt pistols and chain swords on all of them, then you've just created Assault Marines.
>>
>>44660781
>You're meming too hard friend.

Are you trying to imply that not only were Eldar stronger than Tau in 6e, but that the new buffs in 7e to Eldar were weaker than the buffs given to Tau?
>>
>>44660781
Yeah I saw that you can have both equip, but I was wondering if I should err from mixing the two in a group.
>>
>>44660781
>>44660824
Fellas, fellas. Calm down. You're both faggots.
>>
>>44659091
Its fucking true though. there's some broken FW shit out there.

The group I'm in, both players need to agree to FW models for them to be allowed in a game. So if someone wants to bring in their FW cheese then you know to take in your super heavy/gargantuan spam yourself.
>>
>>44660824
Tau couldn't really deal with Eldar min max trickery last edition. Invisibility and whatever else was free reign.

But now we have some trickery of our own. Hitting the rear armor of vehicles no matter the facing, Stormsurges S:D missiles, being basically BS4 now and markerlights sharing. Wraith Knight? S:D missiles and mass monster hunter. Wraith Guard with D weapons in a Wave Serpent? Ghost Kheels striking at the rear armor. Scatter bikes? Ignores cover.

>>44660831
It's usually not done, but it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>44661080
awesome thank you
>>
>>44660998
>FW cheese
Seriously, what from FW is cheesy? i run Nids and GK, and their FW stuff bar the malanthrope is worse than the codex stuff. More fun, yes, but almost always not as good
>>
I'd say the top tier is a tie between Eldar and Necrons. Eldar can put out the pain better then everyone but they're nowhere near as tough. Necrons can do both. Eldar had a flat out broken codex in 6th, the Wave Serpent shield range must have been a typo and nearly everything else such as aspect warriors etc were trash. Now they've got a very (internally) balanced book, its just not balanced to the other codexes out there.

Tau in 7th can utterly shit on Eldar. So much ignores cover etc and sheer firepower that they can delete scatter bikes, jet councils and even wraithknights.

Power tiers:
1: Necrons-Eldar
2: Tau
3: SM
>>
>>44660998
theres literally almost nothing from forge world, for any of the armies, that equals or exceeds the power of in-codex shit from any of the "power" armies
>>
>>44660998
>Its fucking true though. there's some broken FW shit out there.
Sure there is, poorfag, sure there is...
>>
>>44661140
Do Decrons really beat Tau now that they delete Ghost Arks on command and rain down S10 and S8 large blasts like nothing?
>>
>>44657358
Helldrakes are for killing bikes not tacs
>>
>>44661140
Necrons are strong but they drop off when other armies start bringing out all the cheese they can.
>>
File: 20160108_231911.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160108_231911.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
Well I won a 4k game with the Dread Mob tonight, won a game of Munchkin, and a really cute girl and I started texting again. How did your game night go /tg/?
>>
>>44661515
i annihilated a KDK player yesterday with mechanicum, but it wasnt really a satisfying victory since i pretty much knew i would win turn 2 when i ended his lord of skulls before it could do any damage
theres some qt grill in one of my classes who keeps shooting me smiles so theres hope there
>>
>>44661579
Sweeeet good luck with girl :), my poor buddies Maulerfiend exploded before it did anything and it was its first game
>>
>>44661515
My imperial guard got easily tabled by iron hand space marines. It sucked becauces he killed 4 units turn one including my warlord to drop podding flamethrowers so I knew it was over before my first turn.
>>
>>44654989
You will be disappointed yes. Nids are an awful Codex but they can win games. Unfortunately, the Flying Hive Tyrant is what props it up. You can make a decent army using many of the models on your list, but you'd need to also include at least 2 Flyrants if you wanted to be serious
>>
>>44661515
No game, but some guys in my group got together. Did some painting, discussed ideas, that sort of stuff.

Good time all around.
>>
>>44661674
Thats never any fun, sorry m8

Me and my group haven't had an honest to god sit down and paint in awhile. We should do that
>>
>>44657635
It's a single D-shot for 600 odd points. You aren't going to town on anything
>>
Which are the best and worst flyers?
>>
>>44660698
Its rules are pretty incredibly deliberate about the dread not assaulting out of it the turn it deep strikes.
>>
>horde marines
Maximum min-sized tac squads, assault squads and devestator squads, each with one of the free razorbacks. Has anyone just flooded the board with so many 3+ saves and no obvious targets? How many bodies can you take in an 1850 point game?
>>
>>44661515
>>showing us a pic of the game, including Stompa-chopping a LR, instead of a pic of the cute girl.

you did the right the thing anon

On my end no game night, but watched The Martian with a buddy and decided to tall-scale my marines for my glorious return to 40k
>>
>>44661515

I got completely smashed by a Dark Eldar player running 5 Talos engines and 7 Grotesques with a Chronos in a Hammonculus Coven list. I hit the Talos mob with 2 squads of 8 Tankbustas, 15 Lootas rerolling 1's from an ammo dump, and 5 Kustom Mega Kannons which did 17 hits and 12 wounds.

The front Talos lost 2 wounds at the end of this. I then charged with my Tankbustas and 3 MANZ. All died before they could even swing.

I conceded end of Turn 2.
>>
>>44662315
I'm planning on building up to that formation. This gives me hope. Otherwise the DEldar have been entirely supplanted by the Corsairs.
>>
>>44658096
Various, but many people, like myself, came up with the idea of using the Stormlord + 20 Mortar teams as a mobile bunker. Thing is, it says "If the Stormlord remains stationary, it can fire twice". Which is fine, but Super Heavies count as stationary even if they move. Unfortunately I asked FW about this (though they might have changed it since then) and you can't move and shoot and still get the bonus.

There is some good blob destroyer tanks out there that have Ignores Cover.

I personally like the Stormblade. It can melt groups as well as tanks. Though I don't think it's S8 Blast thou, so no ID those Spess Muhreens.
>>
File: Luciusrules.png (176 KB, 549x312) Image search: [Google]
Luciusrules.png
176 KB, 549x312
>>44662147
Except for where it says it does.

Unless this is an old version.
>>
>>44661101
>>44661163
>>44661193
I'm racking my brains to think of OP FW Cheese. I just can't. Spartan's aren't DT's. None of the IG unique tanks are amazing (though Infernus is fun). Their transports are meh. Fire Raptor is decentish, but I'd still prefer the Space Wolves Doghead ships since they can one-hit things with their Helfrost special rule.

Land Raider Excelsior? That has a Grav Cannon on it and I think has some other abilities.

Manticore Batteries are good. They're cheaping than Manticore's, can be grouped in 3 per 'battery' so you can have 9 in a Battleforged army. They can be fitted to be good AA. Their default weapon is pretty decent en masse. Earthshaker Platforms are cheap as well, obviously can't move either, but can still pump out same stuff for cheaper. I think there is a vehicle which also makes any artillery piece twin-linked when nearby, so can make it even more fun.

Eldar Corsairs Wraithknight has OK weapons, but WK's are good anyway. Wraithseers are pretty cool.

Loth is pretty OP.

Nope, there isn't really anything so OP that it blows stuff out of the water. Even the Riptide variants from FW aren't as cheesy as the originals, as the originals can form squadrons for +1BS now, meaning 9 per battleforged army, while FW variants can't.
>>
>>44662539
There's nothing there that says it can assault out of deep strike.
>>
Is the Skyhammer Annihilation force a good addition to a Grey Knights army? I was thinking two minimum jump assault marines with a single flamer to tie especially shooty things up, and two maximum devastator squads, running either four multimeltas each or four gravs each and hiding behind six ablative wounds to remove tanks/shooty walker platforms/scary MCs and GMCs, thus giving the GKs time to deepstrike and shoot to give a turn 2 massive assault. If there isnt anything that is an especial target or if i need to make something go to ground, then the devs will be combat squadded for twice the going-to-ground. This would only be fielded against something that regularly beats the crap out of me, namely tricksy eldar and Ravenwing's 2++ rerollables
>>
>>44662567
>A Dreadnought disembarking a Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod can launch an assault the turn it does so but must make a Dangerous Terrain test if this is the case. (Note that this differs from the rules for normal Drop Pods, and reflects the Dreadnought Drop Pod's special designer and larger size)

>Drop Pods always enter play using the Deep Strike special rules.

As soon as it lands, it disembarks, it can then assault.
>>
I posted in yalls general earlier tonight asking for advice on my list since I hadnt played WH in a few years. I ended up tabling this dude from my Infinity group, it was a straight up ass whooping- my BA+IG vs his Dark Eldar. I felt kinda bad to be honest.Are Dark Eldar super weak? It felt like he was weak and fragile.
>>
>>44662567
>you can assault after disembarking

Well I'm going to disembark when I land.

Since I disembarked I'm going to take my dangerous terrain test and assault.
>>
>>44662643

but initiative step 1?
>>
>>44662639
Deldar are frail but powerful for the first three turns, then become superpowered rape machines the last two. Glass cannons that get better with time, basically. You had great firepower and good mobility/assaulting, it was a bad matchup for him. But yes, Deldar had their codex fucking stripped of most of their best stuff, and a lot of units lack basic stuff-incubi and grenades, for example
>>44662657
Doesnt matter if they assault a vehicle
>>
>>44662684
>>44662657
Most Dreadnoughts that are worth getting an expensive (points and cash) FW Drop pod are gonna have assault launchers anyways.
>>
>>44662624
>As soon as it lands, it disembarks
You don't have to with the lucius, you can stay in it. That rule is for when you do choose to leave it.

>>44662643
>I'm going to take my dangerous terrain test and assault.
Can't assault out of deepstrike.
>>
>>44662804
advanced rules supersede basic rules
>>
>>44662843
There's no rule there that says you can assault after deepstriking there.
>>
>>44662885
>... can launch an assault the turn it does so
>... (Note that this differs from the rules for normal Drop Pods
>>
>>44662885
Then the rule is pointless, as it already has assault vehicle from being open topped.
>>
>>44662913
>... can launch an assault the turn it does so
Yeah, it can disembark then assault. Just not on the turn it deepstrikes.
>... (Note that this differs from the rules for normal Drop Pods
Different because normal drop pods spit you out as soon as you land.

>>44662915
It adds in the dangerous terrain test, that's the only real difference.
>>
>>44662950
i think this is something for FW to rectify, since i'm going off what it says and have come to a different interpretation to you. If anyone actually cares instead of just arguing for entertainments sake, then they should email FW for clarification
>>
New IG player here. Is daemon summoning worth looking into? Apparently the Wyrdsvane psykers can go malefic powers. I know its heresy as fuck but it seems like fun to have a few different units each game.

Otherwise how good are the IG psykers in general?
>>
>>44662983
Maybe, I've only played against it once and my interpretation is also how the guy using it played it. That said it also had a rule about the pod gaining shrouded on the turn it arrives alongside the dread if it chose to leave but I don't know if that was an older or newer ruleset for the pod.
>>
>>44663024
Primaris Psyker is good and cheap. Wyrdvanes suck, daemon-summoning is heresy and frankly pretty shit, you'll peril practically all the time without summoning anything. Ally in some Inquisition for ten-point warp charges and daemonhosts ifyou want that.
>>
How many troops has a single Astra Militarum's regiment?
>>
>>44663075
as many as plot demands. There have been a few solid numbers, but theyve always been different. Maybe ~2000?
>>
>>44663075
Not every Imperial Guard force uses the same unit names. In the US Army, you will find Parachute Infantry Regiments functioning as a battalion within a brigade. While a mechanized infantry unit will have different nomenclature and unit structure.

So you cant really pick one unit to represent all IG forces. But to in todays army, a regiment is 4 line companies of ~110 dudes each. A weapons company of 75 guys. And a HQ company of 150 guys.
Thats the average light/airborne regimental cmposition, in the US Army.
>>
>>44663085
>>44663075
In the IA where the Mechanicum are doing a Jurassic Park with Tyranids, when it inevitably goes wrong, the regiment called in numbered something like 1650 men and women in various roles. This was, however, supported by Inquisitorial assets and a force of Astartes, so a regular regiment might be even larger
>>
File: Vraksian_Renegade_Militia1.jpg (241 KB, 697x907) Image search: [Google]
Vraksian_Renegade_Militia1.jpg
241 KB, 697x907
2000 point imperial fag army.

Primaris psyker divination force axe

Company command squad: Master of ordnance. Officer of the fleet
Regimental standard.
3x vets with meltas.
Chimera: 2x heavy flamers, Heavy stubber.

Troops:

Vet squad.
Demolitions, 3x melta guns.
Chimera: 2x heavy flamers, heavy stubber

Vet squad.
Chimera 2x heavy flamers, heavy stubber

Vet squad.

Vet squad.

Vet squad.
(5th squad without demolitions), 3x melta guns.

Fast attack:
Bane wolf (no upgrades)

Vendetta (no upgrades)

Vendetta (no upgrades)

Heavy support:

Leman russ Demolisher (no upgrades)

Leman russ Demolisher (no upgrades)

General imperial guard tips are welcome, as I haven't played since early 6th and have no idea what the new meta is now.
>>
>>44663195

I'm just starting myself, but apparently the Executioner Russ is were its at now.

For 2000 points it looks a bit light on bodies. Id find a way to work in a bunch of regular guards, or a conscript blob.
>>
>>44663195
Vetspam isnt great against top armies as they all have ways to blow up transports long before they drop their explosive loads all over their models, but barring gravspam and xenos terribilis, theyre fine. Grenadiers are better unless you face nothing but mechanised lists and are way cheaper. Drop two vets squads, bring more tanks for a better mechguard list or a bunch of regular guard with heavy weapons.

The Banewolf seems out-of-place. Maybe drop it and consider some upgrades on some vehicles

The CCS should not see combat if it can be avoided, orders are seriously incredible.

Consider taking Pask in a Punisher and a second buddy tank, he is seriously good and is a good starting HQ. You can take him in addition to your CCS and Psyker.

Don't think you can out-psyk enemies like tricksy elfs, baby-carrying knights and foul demons, but find a good niche for the Primaris and keep him out of trouble if possible

Ignore everything i say since i've played five games in 7e, GK and Nids is suffering
>>
>>44663029
I used to use the lucius all the time, the rules he posted do allow you to assault the turn it comes in but you have to take a dangerous terrain test to do so. But I'm almost positive they are old rules unfortunately. The new rules are where the shrouded thing comes from, and you don't have to leave the pod when it lands. Kind of a shitty change I think.
>>
>>44663053
So use the inquisition psykers to summon? I am not sure if they can take malefic powers. But otherwise you are right, its an excellent way to get cheap warp tokens.
>>
>>44663227
Any reason for the executioner to have the edge over the demolisher?

>>44663281
What tank would you take next to another punisher?
>>
>>44663195
Going by your image are you planning on running them as traitor guard? If so it might be worth checking out IA13, you can run a list similar to that but with chaos goodies on the side and cheaper chimeras.
>>
>>44663325
Yeah I've gone through the pdf, it seems like a lot of fun. But I'm not sure if people have a problem playing against imperial armour army.
>>
>>44663305
I just checked, the Wyrdvane can no longer take Malefic. Wyrdvane just sucks all round. Inquisition Psykers are insanely cheap, the cheapest way to gain 3 charges in the game. 60 points for three scoring units and three psykers-thats six powers, including Primaris, and the Inquisitor is never a tax either with the options available-Coteaz is incredible for his points.
>>44663320
Something that isnt an MBT, basically. Maybe an Exterminator or Vanquisher, both are good, and Pask basically split fires so just think of them as two tank units that have to stay near each other.
>>44663343
Play basic guard, talk to your local people about playing it and if theyre fine then change over. If you do decide to play IA armies, its courtesy to have a hard copy handy
>>
>>44663372
Thanks a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 1280x975) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 1280x975
>Equipment lists twin linked missile pod

>Not a single picture of it I've seen has a missile pod

>This picture has a full parts break down and still no missile pod

Where are the missile pods tg

i can't find the missile pods
>>
>>44663440
Inside wings.
>>
>>44663434
Also worth noting is that Pask might seem nice to upgrade, but you aready have a pile more extra points in a single tank, and a heavy 20 weapon with rending is going to be on EVERYONES top priority. Finally, ensure your tank loadout is diverse, swap the second Demolisher for something else depending on what your army's weakpoints are. Just don't get a Vanquisher, theyre shit without AP1
>>
File: 1452342504249.jpg (208 KB, 1280x975) Image search: [Google]
1452342504249.jpg
208 KB, 1280x975
>>44663440
>>
is the chinaman's email address idk...etc or ldk...etc? I can't find my original source again
>>
>>44663475
>>44663463

Ooh, that's cool actually. Very different from the usual missile pod parts.

...Of course it also means it has a much larger than normal missile pod, but I guess you can just say it stores any purchased seeker missiles internally.
>>
File: barracuda.png (820 KB, 1280x975) Image search: [Google]
barracuda.png
820 KB, 1280x975
>>44663440
They are there, dw. From what I remember they are built into the front of the aircraft hull, in front of where you can see the engines in that pic
>>
>>44663494
Aye, they drop down from below. My seeker compartment is a bit too loose so keeps popping out when I move it
>>
Tau Gun Fort any good? Seems nice enough
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.