[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WFB & AOS General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: Ghal maraz.png (185 KB, 338x975) Image search: [Google]
Ghal maraz.png
185 KB, 338x975
Warhammer united general
"I'm not used to make generals, next time someone else must do it" edition

Thread dedicated to warhammer fantasy of all kinds: from the old world to the new realms, from role-playing to tabletop and video games, from official to fan made fluff and crunch.

check the followings before asking
>WFB and WFRP resources
http://pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S; http://pastebin.com/gtMxs4Q8
>Age of Sigmar resources
http://pastebin.com/9JtJviaU
>Relevant projects
The 9th age http://www.the-ninth-age.com/; AOS comps http://pastebin.com/9JtJviaU[insert pastebin to the various links for comps and versions]; Endhammer https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer; Age of Slam https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Slam
>What, When, Where and How
http://pastebin.com/9JtJviaU; whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page; warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki; warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Related Vidya
Total War: Warhammer https://warhammer.totalwar.com/; End Times: Vermintide http://www.vermintide.com/; Mordheim: City of the Damned http://mordheim-cityofthedamned.com/en/; Blood Bowl II http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/; Man'O War: Corsair http://manowarcorsair.com/; Return of Reckoning http://www.returnofreckoning.com/

DISCLAIMER: No shitposting, don't fall for baits, ignore flaming provocations at all cost; this is not the place to affirm your own opinion over the others, to insult choices or to suffocate ideas; if you want to do that, go in another thread.
It is encouraged to repost this disclaimer as answer to the above cases, regulate yourselves on approaching shitposts, guys.

last thread >>44561082
the idea of having a united thread is still, relatively young, leave people see how it unfolds and if it is possible, people are free to post here or to make their own dedicated general.
the pastebin are a bit of a repetitive mess right now, they work, but if someone wants to organize them better he is free and welcome.
>>
Let's start the thread on a positive note!

What are you guys working on at the moment? Maybe some cool conversion? Trying out a new paintjob? Assembling a long-awaited model? Writing some headcanon? Share with us!
>>
>>44567901
>DISCLAIMER: No shitposting, don't fall for baits, ignore flaming provocations at all cost; this is not the place to affirm your own opinion over the others, to insult choices or to suffocate ideas; if you want to do that, go in another thread.
>It is encouraged to repost this disclaimer as answer to the above cases, regulate yourselves on approaching shitposts, guys.

Okay see, I know you're trying to mean well? But saying that on fricking 4chan of all places sounds hugboxy and trite.

People will always call one another autistic faggots here. Just how the community works.
>>
>>44567981
that, my dear sir, is an attitude of a man, who feels bad when he sees rubbish in the park, but then thinks, "Well, there's rubbish here anyway, why can't I drop my own, noone will care, right?"

I, for one, never shitpost, and always try to be nice. We shall all try and then at least these generals may become a nice and friendly place.
>>
>>44568062
>never shitpost, and always try to be nice
>stop talking about AoS
I still dodn't understand why AoS players needs more than 1 thread.
>>
is there any concrete fluff about Realms of Shadow, Light and Death in AoS? I need some ideas for a small WHFB fanfiction.
I.E how they look, what are their quirks, etc.
>>
>>44568062
>that, my dear sir, is an attitude of a man, who feels bad when he sees rubbish in the park, but then thinks, "Well, there's rubbish here anyway, why can't I drop my own, noone will care, right?"

Nah, I have no problem with the tone of the community. It's far more pleasant than a regular forum, everyone just screams at each other here instead of broiling in passive agression.

One man's garbage is another man's refreshing ability to actually hold a sane discussion and ignore the people who froth at the mouth too much.
>>
>>44568213
>is there any concrete fluff about Realms of Shadow, Light and Death in AoS?
-> >>44565638
>>
File: 1451933148319.jpg (2 MB, 912x9008) Image search: [Google]
1451933148319.jpg
2 MB, 912x9008
>>44567962

reposting an idea proposed in an AoS thread earlier:
>Fyreslayers as another faction in the old world, sorta like the "wood elves" of the dwarfs; situated up north from where the chaos dwarfs resides and still east to the world edge mountains.

>Could be the clan of dwarfs who most of all followed grimnir, emulating his appearance as a norm in their own culture, rather than it being path taken to redeem themselves like conventional slayers.

>Put a line of old ruined strongholds and roadways crossing the world edges mountains, going from their actual location up to near the greek/roman equivalent zone of the world and south still into the northern part of the southlands.
>Add a little justification for a period of isolation from the normal dwarfs, like partially following grimnir in his quest to close the gates, getting paths and communication cut off by the great catastrophe and kind of believing alone in its aftermath, only need a few centuries or millennia of isolation to make them concentrate on their own culture and differentiate from the normal dwarfs, then good old tradition for the old ways (from both the types of dwarfs) when getting in contact again with the others and I think that could do it.
>The salamanders would find their fitting place in the mountains and volcanoes in between the ashes wastes and the chaos ones; the rest is up to when I get to learn more about the AoS ones.

>A funny bit would be making being able to distinguish between slayers and fyreslayers almost a thing exclusive to dwarfs, with humans or elves genuinely or ironically mistaking one for the other.
>>
>>44568330
>>Fyreslayers as another faction in the old world, sorta like the "wood elves" of the dwarfs; situated up north from where the chaos dwarfs resides and still east to the world edge mountains.
Nah it will not work.
>>
>>44568213
they are all pretty foggy places, so big you can have everything you may want in terms of civilizations ecosystems or strange stuff; there's no real uniform depiction of everything.
>>
>>44568330
sounds nice

just have them wear more clothes
>>
>>44568330
>>Fyreslayers as another faction in the old world, sorta like the "wood elves" of the dwarfs; situated up north from where the chaos dwarfs resides and still east to the world edge mountains.

Basically just using Fyreslayers to represent the Norse Dwarfs.

Sounds like a great idea.
>>
>>44568330
normal dwarfs are the dawi, chaos dwarfs are the dawi zharr (fire dwarfs), these could be dawi drakk (drake dwarfs in khazalid) considering the numerous depiction of dragons on them and the reptilian beasts they ride.
>>
>>44568445
>Basically just using Fyreslayers to represent the Norse Dwarfs.
They doesn't looks like Norse dwarfs.
>>
What a shit thread about shit things for shit people.

Trying to force AoS and Warhammer Fantasy together is fucking futile, but one also have to ask oneself why you'd even fucking try.

They're completely different, and the only thing they have in common is that Warhammer Fantasy is in the background of End Times and Age of Shitmar.

>>44568129
Because they still haven't understood that fans of Warhammer Fantasy wants absolutely fucking nothing to do with Age of Shitmar, yet they cannot stand the idea of not injecting themselves into the conversation, because their own community is stillborn.
>>
>>44568062
>I, for one, never shitpost, and always try to be nice.

I assume you're OP, and that's a fucking lie. This entire thread is a fucking shitpost.
>>
And people wonder why people are annoyed at Age of Shitmar.

>just play what you want man it doesn't matter!
>it's just fluff, decide on using what you want!
>just stick to what you know and play warhammer fantasy if you want to do that, it's not "dead"!

This right here is the perfect example. Even when people are trying to hold on to Warhammer Fantasy, Age of Shitmar fanboys insist on injecting their shitty fandom into the community and into their threads.

Even when fans of Warhammer Fantasy actively try to keep End Times and Age of Sigmar out of it, Shitmarites come hauling their fanfic-level writing and their completely disconnected, inconsistent continuity, incompatible with pre-End Times fluff, into the equation.

Fuck off. Stop trying to do this. We don't want what you want. I sincerely hope you fucking die.
>>
>>44567981
>fricking
>>
File: 1451636468551.png (353 KB, 692x720) Image search: [Google]
1451636468551.png
353 KB, 692x720
>>44567901
Why are you putting warhammer and age of mememar together?
>>
>>44568129
Because the Age of Sigmar threads routinely die at 50 posts, and they want to piggyback off the recent trend of every WHFBRP thread hitting autosage.

Also, these threads are just being made by the same faggot who wants to pour salt on wounds that only recently began to heal. Just hide them, sage any replies, and move on.
>>
>>44569566
If you are willing to believe an anon, I'm the OP and I didn't make that post.
>>
>>44570422
>Also, these threads are just being made by the same faggot who wants to pour salt on wounds that only recently began to heal
I can assure you this is not the case, the idea is to help both communities, especially the WFB one since the generals stopped going on and I've seen quite a few people wanting to stick to the old setting but found only a non responsive WFRP general and an AoS one, and to get past the unreasonable hatred for the other and share ideas, stories and news.

The thread were suggested by anons from the WFRP and supported by some from the AoS too (but not its general's maker in fear of these type of posts suppressing possible discussions), definitely made by people who posted the old WFB general so far; there's no attempt at causing flamewars apart from the infamous warmahorde slav shitposter and a pair more people max who are actively shitposting in both this and the AoS general for the sake of shitposting.
>>
What's your favourite model over both games my friends?

Appearance and gameplay.
>>
>>44570321

>Hee hee unconventional swears
>>
>>44571343

The original Archaon, honestly.

That was just such a gorgeous model.
>>
>>44571343
Considering both factors I'd say the hell-pit abomination, awesome sculpt, fearsome rules.
Having to choose something less based on the power of rules I'd say the slann is an impeccable model.
>>
>>44570978
The best way to help both communities is to let then settle on their own. Plby placing them together, you encourage mods to delete segregated threads, and players to spit venom at one another. Nothing more.

The games are incredibly different, and the communities are diametrically opposed. Threads like this don't do anything but put fuel on a fire that was near to burning out on its own.
>>
File: 1345963662805.png (39 KB, 976x686) Image search: [Google]
1345963662805.png
39 KB, 976x686
Age of Sigmar is so diametrically opposed to everything Warhammer ever was, that it makes about as much sense to make a unified Warhammer and Age of Sigmar thread as a unified Age of Sigmar and Warmachine/Hordes thread. Heck, Warmachine is closer to Age of Sigmar aesthetically than Warhammer is.

In conclusion, this thread is now a Warmachine thread, have a nice day.
>>
>>44571827

Solution:

Three threads.
/WFRP/ General - Pretty much everything fantasy, hidden up the WFRP banner.

/Warhammer United/ - For people who can talk about either setting and are interested in the development and growth of Games Workshop, as well as their future projects and how the fluff of both settings have merged and what could come.

/AoS/ General - For AoS specific discussions, like Battletomes and Miniature releases.

Have that going for a while, see what happens. Ignoring the shit posting in the last thread, there was a lot of good ideas and commentary shared.
>>
>>44571827
Pretty much this. Diametrically opposed is right. There can be no peace in this state. Whfb players don't want the aos posters, any discussions will get squashed by either side. Let whfb/9th have their own thread, and aos have their own
>>
>>44569174

A bit of a paintjob, some tiny conversions. It can work.
>>
>>44571945
No three threads. Two threads.

Multiple generals could easily be determined by a mod to be against the rules, and they would then either delete the ansulary "combined thread" which, considering how much vitriol these threads are sure to produce, is the more likely option, or to delete the other two "segregatedl threads.

It's a shit idea. Stop trying to force it. If you continue, everyone will just call you for the troll you likely are.
>>
To the anon that was asking about Orc life expentancies - Skarsnik was about 50 when he started feeling his age.
>>
>>44567962
Converting Arkhan to fit my army better and writing some fluff before I set up an Age of Sigmar tournament for my local GW.
>>
>>44568129
Because the community isn't big enough yet to create its own thread without being bogged down in shitposting and responses to shitposting. Best solution is let AoS piggyback on WHRPG for now and when shitposting has hopefully died down, let them go back to their own threads.
>>
We only need one thread. Warhammer fantasy. Age of sigmar is not a wargame so does not belong on /tg/ AT ALL.
>>
>>44571945
War U vs. Man U when?
>>
>>44572531
>Converting Arkhan to fit my army better and writing some fluff

Don't leave us hanging, brother. How are you converting Arkhan, what sort of army are you running and what's the gist of the fluff?
>>
>>44572669
I'll post pics when I get home, on the bus right now. Arkhan hasn't had too much done too him, I changed the head to a regular skull that I plan on adding ghostly flames to and added some stirrup things to him. Fluff-wise I had an idea of these sort of revolutionists from the old world who were able to grant themselves immortality. This caused them to believe they were above the gods, that the mortals of the world could do just as good if not better than the gods and that the gods had no right to play with the lives of men. This goes on for a while gathering up followers and strength before End Times happens and they get BTFO. The only survivors are the second in command and some other elites, which are able to somehow escape to the mortal realms. They wake up in the AoS, find out what happened, and start gathering up followers who are pissed that Sigmar or whatever god has abandoned them. Arkhan is the leader of the group who got killed during the End Times, but found them self in the realm of death and started stealing shit from Nagash and gathering an army, which is how I justify them having Morghast Archai, and the giant ghost dragon mount thing. It's not too great and I need to clarify some things but it's a base.
>>
>>44572884
To clarify, I'm playing a Tomb kings/ Vampire counts army, only skeletons. Arkhan isn't actually Arkhan I'm just using the rules and model, fluff is that he's the leader of the faction.
>>
>>44572884

I like it. It's got a sort of "Marines don't die, they just regroup in Hell" sort of feel to it. Keep us updated, it's a cool idea.
>>
>>44567962
I just got a buncha orcs cause I wanted t play age of sigmar. But I'm thinking of basing them on squares to keep them backwards compatible
>>
>>44573001
>basing them on squares

That's pretty sensible. Most games that use a round base won't punish you for having square ones, but if you're playing a rank-n-file game then you need squares.
>>
>>44572990
Thanks, here's a pic of Arkhan by the way. The stirrups are Morghast harbinger chest pieces. There's a couple of other things I want to do but I'm still waiting for the bits to come in the mail. I'm also writing up a tournament based around the Fyreslayers for my local GW. I won't be able to pitch until the weekend but I expect to have the pdf done in the next couple days. I'll make sure to share it here if anyone is interested.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3204x2378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3204x2378
>>44573402
I'm dumb
>>
New fyreslayer leaked image

now fuck off aos, you have a general for your bullshit. aos and whfb dont mix
>>
anyone have any opinions of the community driven 9th age rules for warhammer fantasy?
>>
>>44567962
Half way through a Dwarven Cannon crew. One is completely finished, as is his cannon, one is basecoated and one is mostly basecoated. I am planning on finishing one at a time just because I like the progress.
After that I got 9 Ironbreakers to finish off, then I am having a break from Dwarfs to make and paint a small Sylvaneth army.

I am also trying to think up a small, simple scenario to play involving my Dwarfs and Sylvaneth so I can show my friend the game. I plan on just using a couple of units and a hero on each side, and then thinking up some special rule to make it special, then have some fluff behind it.
So far I am thinking of something along the lines of the Dwarfs heard about a magical tree, whos wood is harder than steel, and that it is slumbering so they are able to cut it down to use it for their crafts, and the Sylvaneth obviously aren't that keen on tree murder.

My idea for this is the slumbering tree has the stats of a Treelord, but it can't do anything. Then, any Sylvaneth Wizards (there will at least be a Branchwraith) gain a special spell that it can cast on the tree instead of one of its normal spells, and if they do they can choose one weapon from its profile and use it to its fullest extent in the relevant phase (So like, they can use strangle roots in the shooting phase, or they can use the sweeping blows for example).
>>
>>44573760
I think it's an impressive effort. A community driven rule system could be a great way to keep WFB up-to-date.

The rules themselves I'm a bit eh with, but I think it will improve in time.

>>44573767
>Dwarfen Logging Company

Needs Slayer Lumberjacks.
>>
>>44573942
>Needs Slayer Lumberjacks.

>Some human town hires the Dwarven Logging Company to remove some trees from the area they want to build their farm.
>Spectators are baffled as the lumberjacks cut down the tree in record time, but all rushed beneath the boughs of the falling giant as it begun to tip
>The Dwarf in charge of the operation takes payment in full and makes some comments on "the lowest labour costs he has ever had" before heading home.
>>
>>44573760
It seems to be a very solid start, addressing the largest problems of 8th and streamlining army books to hopefully have a balanced foundation to build upon.

I miss the more involved and flavorful rules (e.g. Hell Pit Abomination just does 3d6 attacks each round instead of having a chart of wildly different attacks, Plague Furnace doesn't cause a cloud of poison etc.) but I'm hoping they'll return in some form once the bigger picture starts to take shape.
>>
>>44574281

Head canon totally fucking accepted.
>>
>>44573166
Well it's not like they came with circles. And if i need more squares in the future I can just make them myself cause they'd be LITERALLY te easiest thing ever to cast
>>
Question for the group:

Could the melee mechanic from Necromunda be used for a rank-and-file combat game like Warhammer FB?
>>
File: Cao_on_anger_hate_and_enemy.jpg (316 KB, 640x2131) Image search: [Google]
Cao_on_anger_hate_and_enemy.jpg
316 KB, 640x2131
>>44573637
>>
Is it just me, or are slayer models now longer on sale on the webstore?

How long have they been gone for?
>>
>>44571890
So what are the communitiees thoughtss on the hinted at Hordes faction?
>>
>>44575294

Fuck, I can't find them either. Shit that's depressing.
>>
Started a 9th Terracota army using mostly constructs and chinese as necropolis guard.
For core should I go with chinese chariots or should I go with something else?
>>
>>44576005

Weren't medieval Chinese militaries renowned for being conscript rushes?
>>
>>44576039
As far as I now, the chinese has a big amount of mobilizations.
So should I go with skeletons then?
I fear they'll look to similar to my necropolis guards, are two units of 30 necropolis guard each with a hero (so ws 5, 5+ armor, parry and T 5) enough tarpit or do I need more skeletons?
>>
hey guys, about to start my new bastiladon, where can I find a link to the aug 2013 white dwarf, it deals with lizardmen, and I want to kinda see how to do the pattern shown on the box art.
gonna build it with the ark of sotek cause I think all the snakes on it look awesome.
>probably gonna play it as solar engine most of the time thought.

>also hoping the new box sets have a seraphon one so I can cheaply expand, so excited.
>>
>>44577069
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Start-Collecting-Seraphon

They've been up for a couple of days m8
>>
Do not make another of these abomination threads. Keep your Age of Sigmar trash in its containment thread.
>>
>>44576237

I reckon it'll be enough Tarpit, especially if you'll be summoning them through game play.
>>
>>44577470
>Implying its not the fantasyfags that need a containment thread
>>
>>44576237
How many spellcasters will you have in the force?
>>
>>44577347
I've been working plus getting ready to move in a month and a half.

Kinda living under a rock right now.

and oh yeah, Im gonna buy this once I move.
>dont want to to have to transport any more models than i have already.
>>
>>44567962
Spent the Holiday week literally building everything.

10 Bloodletters
3 Bloodcrushers
1 Skullcannon
1 Herald of Khorne
1 Skulltaker
1 Skarbrand
1 Soul Grinder
1 Daemon Prince
1 Be'Lakor (still need to mount him on a base)
1 Chimera
20 Bloodreavers
5 Blood Warriors
1 Khorgorath

Still to do:
10 Bloodletters
The rest of the boxed Khorne Bloodbound not mentioned above.

And then I have to paint them. Thank god for the new Mephiston Red spray about to drop.
>>
>>44577754
My wife is putting her skull cannon that I got her for Christmas together.
The khorgorath's are awesome, plus are really fucking fun to paint.
>she's doing a korne/chaos daemons army
>I'm stormcast/seraphon, just started seraphon side
>>
>>44577754
and a daemon prince.
>>
>>44577918
>>44577754

Going to do any conversions, or going kit-standard?
>>
Question for the group:

What would you want to see in a campaign set in the Dark Beneath the World? Be it from WFRP, WFB or AoS - what sort of monsters or forces would you imagine in an extremely subterranean setting?
>>
>>44578172
>campaign set in the Dark Beneath the World

In no particular order:
1. Dwarf Lumberjacks farming mushroom stalks.
2. Skaven being the dominant race.
3. Fucking giant monsters everywhere. Horrifyingly still ocean. Sunless Sea style.
4. Lizardmen Cave-men style.
5.Some massive underground drilling project.
>>
>>44577905
Its a cool kit. I used the Herald on his own base and assembled the Throne for use as terrain.

I was originally gonna do Stormcast first, but they're on the side burner right now. Im enjoying Khorne and am tempted by the new Slaves of Darkness box (seriously need to start painting before I get anymore though).

>>44578024
No conversions. Im just getting back into the hobby. I did get some greenstuff and sculpting tools to experiment with but Im at level 0 with advanced modelling skill trees.

>>44577918
Huh?
>>
>>44578300
>No conversions. Im just getting back into the hobby.

Best way to get better is to practice. Use the greenstuff to just fill in the gaps at first, then see if you can put anything together with extra bits.
>>
>>44572178
>. It can work.
It will not work, they are too naked for something from the North.
>>
>>44567901
>video games

What's the best weapon load out for nm\cata elf and dwarf in vermin tide? I know the dwarf is typically a tank along with the soldier but I've seen good dwarves with that two handed hammer doing work as well. So what's the preferred weapon there?

As for the elf I've seen hagbane and seeker bow users. Why is that and why not the normal longbow--or at least why the hagbane? It seemed fairly shit when I tried it and the exotic damage boost hardly seems like it would make any better to the other weapon choices.
>>
>>44577754
>20 Bloodreavers
>5 Blood Warriors
>1 Khorgorath
GTFO to your general.
>>
>>44578404
>It will not work

It will. Bit of a paintjob, maybe some Greenstuff.

>>44577754
What's your favourite mini of the load that you've purchased?
>>
>>44572591
>Because the community isn't big enough
So? Is that some new /tg/ rule "your community must have X number of players to have your own general"?
>>
>>44570978
>he idea is to help both communities,
how you helping both communite if you don't count WHFB community?
>>
Here's a question for people who've gone from WFB to AoS - did you transfer your characters over?

I mean, for people who have their own characters for their armies, with their own stories and history, did you keep them for AoS? If so, how did their character or story change?
>>
>>44578516
>It will.
>I am AoSplayer, stormcasts was my first army and I never saw how Norse dwarves looks
Go away ground marine.
>>
>>44578606
>how did their character or story change?
The same way as anything change in AoS, everyone becomes super-powerful elemental of Fire/Light etc
>>
>>44578627
>Has no creative spirit and can't convert to save his life.
>>
File: ValmirAes1.png (985 KB, 1094x870) Image search: [Google]
ValmirAes1.png
985 KB, 1094x870
>>44578716
>>Has no creative spirit
>my fanfic that Norse Dwarves should looks like gay niggers from outter warp is CREATIVE SPIRIT NOW!
>>
>>44578606
Nah, I like to try to keep them as separate as possible
I also stopped playing after Storms of Chaos so I kinda have it in my autismo story that my snowflake humies all died during it
>>
>>44578843

I've actually got something similar. My lord character was based on my WFRP character, who died during the Storm of Chaos. Haven't played either WFRP or WFB much since then.
>>
>>44578794

Why would you leave them naked if you were going to convert them to Norsca Dwarfs?

Just greenstuff some pants, maybe some boots, all sorted.

You're a weird one, Anon. But whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>44578636

What army did you used to play, and what did it change to?
>>
>>44578921
>Why would you leave them naked if you were going to convert them to Norsca Dwarfs?
Why I should buy over[rived models with totally different design and aestheitics and trying to make them Norse Dwarves, it's like making croots from orks models.
>>44579103
It's discussion for AoS general thread, not WHFB.
>>
>>44578249
also, too many fucking night gobbos
>>
>>44579253
Legions of the fuckers. Growing out of mushrooms.

Wait a minute - where the fuck do Night Goblins get their signature hooded robes from?

Are there Night Goblin seamstresses farming spider silk?

>>44578172
Throw in Mallus at the center of the world - maybe some sort of nod to Sigmarite.
>>
>>44579190
>design and aestheitics and trying to make them Norse Dwarves,

Because some people are creative and enjoy a challenge, slavscum.

>>44571343

Honestly, I like the aesthetic of the sigmarines as a basis for a single lord level hero. I think you lose something when you use them as a basic unit design, but the core unit reminds me of the old Lord Solar Macharius model.
>>
>>44579339
>Because some people are creative and enjoy a challenge
Okay, you are pointing hobby aspect, but that's ll, there is no more reasons to use homo dwarves as Norse Dwarves (you can also make greenstuff clothing for more cheaper dwarves), especially when we have LotR dwarves.
>slavscum
Problems with slavs Adolf?
>>
>>44579285
well if its anything like 40k...
squigs
>>
>>44579390
>LotR dwarves.

Scale is wrong for LotR dwarves. The Fyreslayers have an interesting aesthetic that can be used as a strong basis for a Norse Dwarf army. Or at least the slayers for it. The other dwarfs would need something different. Maybe a mix between dwarf models and chaos/marauders? A stronger viking element than usual, anyway.

>problems with slavs Adolf?

Nah, I think he just has problems with you shitposter.
>>
What's your favourite piece of lore from AoS, /WFB-AoS/ General?
>>
>>44579443
>Scale is wrong for LotR dwarves
Because they doesn't looks like MMO?
>The Fyreslayers have an interesting aesthetic that can be used as a strong basis for a Norse Dwarf army
Which one? I cannot remember that Norse dwarves used such oversized weapon.
>marauders
>viking element
Please.
>Nah, I think he just has problems with you shitposter.
>everyone who didn't like AoS discussion on WHFB thread is SHITPOSTER!
>>
>>44578606
They all died and were replaced by sigmarines and bloodsecrators

The end
>>
>>44579488
>Because they doesn't looks like MMO?

No. Because LotR is measured in 'true' 28mm scale, but Warhammer Fantasy is measure in 'heroic' 28mm. Compare a LotR dwarf with a Warhammer Dwarf, you'll see the size difference.
>>
>>44579494

What did you play in WFB and what do you play in AoS?
>>
>>44579520
>Compare a AoS elementals with a Warhammer Dwarf, you'll see the size difference.
I can say the same, still LotR aesthetics is better for Norse Dwarves.
>>
>>44579530
>What did you play in WFB and what do you play in AoS?
Go away sigmarine.
>>
>>44570978
>The thread were suggested by anons from the WFRP

The current WHFRP thread is cancer. It was better when it was expressly non-End Times/AoS.
>>
>>44579545
>still LotR aesthetics is better for Norse Dwarves.

Definitely, but it'll be a great deal harder trying to convert them up to the right scale instead of converting the ones at the right scale to look more like the LotR dwarfs.
>>
>>44579574
>but it'll be a great deal harder trying to convert them up to the right scale instead of converting the ones at the right scale to look more like the LotR dwarfs.
Nah only if you want to use them in AoS.
>>
>>44579566
>The current WHFRP thread is cancer. It was better when it was expressly non-End Times/AoS.

The current WFRP thread that's discussing the pricing in the old world armoury, WFB/WFRP crossovers and the Dark Beneath the World campaign idea? The thread that doesn't go full-autistic shitposting just because people bring up AoS or End Times?

>>44578300
>(seriously need to start painting before I get anymore though).

That's the way to go. It's the worst thing in the world to have a shitload of unfinished models on your plate.
>>
>>44577688
>>44577535
Only the lord aa of now.
>>
>>44579638

Are you planning on keeping it that way, or adding a few more?

Have a few games to see how it works for you, but in my experience I tend to see people get a lot more fun out of playing magic-heavy undead.
>>
>>44579638
Hmm...one lord spellcaster is pretty decent thematically, but you might have some trouble getting spells off.
>>
>>44573434
looks real nice! Really didn't like original helmet of his.

Might pick Arkhan at bits sellers now, even.
Would make a cool Tomb King with that plate armour.

>>44579488
>everyone who didn't like AoS discussion on WHFB thread is SHITPOSTER!
but this isn't a WHFB thread, it's a united thread. equal rights, get it?
>>
>>44573434
That's a hell of a model, man. How big is the rest of the army?

>>44579786
Slav talking to himself.
>>
Is there much point in Lord-level caster now in 9th Age, that with magic changes?

(for people unfamiliar - wizard level is no longer directly added to casting rolls. level 1-2 wizards get +1 to casting rolls, level 3-4 wizards get +2 to casting rolls and cost much more)

seems to me this is the case of egg/baskets. better have a few hero-levels, especially if your army has multiple options, than a single lord.
>>
>>44579285
>Are there Night Goblin seamstresses farming spider silk?

Well, they've got mushroom farmers who make a variety of poisons and drinks. I suspect the Night Goblins have a surprisingly advanced infrastructure.
>>
>>44579786
>but this isn't a WHFB thread
>equal rights
Top fucking kek, AoS players already have AoS general, so fuck off.
>>
>>44579942
now I want to see Warhammer Shelter or Mushroomville, where you govern a peaceful underground community of Night Goblins. farm mushrooms, make mushroom cloth, mushroom booze, mushroom food, mushroom shrooms, stuff like that.
>>
>>44579919
>(for people unfamiliar - wizard level is no longer directly added to casting rolls. level 1-2 wizards get +1 to casting rolls, level 3-4 wizards get +2 to casting rolls and cost much more)

I always tend to argue towards spreading out your firebase, especially if you plan on making a Magic Heavy force. I'll have to go over the magic rules in detail, but based on what you've said...I'm not seeing any immediate reason to get a Magic Lord. Depends on the precise points value, and if Lord level unlocks any better spells.
>>
>>44579919
There are still other benefits like more leadership and magic items up to 100pts, right?
>>
>>44579971
Only to be eventually destroyed by the genocidal rampage of the Mushroom people.
>>
>>44579989
well, yeah, but in this case a combat General becomes better even for magic-heavy armies, and unless you plan on picking up something costing 50+ pts on your wizard, you're better off spreading them items over multiple wizards. eggs/backets again.

>>44579982
well, level 4 Spellweaver (in WHFB terms) would cost me 225pts before other options

level 2 Spellsinger would cost me 95pts, so even if I want more spells of same school, it's better to take heroes it seems... and then there're Branchwraiths, who can go to level 2 now, costing 105pts total, if I'm specifically after Life or Beasts. (you cannot have more than 3 duplicates of any unit, including characters, in 9th)

now, the question is, how much is that +1 to casting roll worth?
>>
>>44580042
>now, the question is, how much is that +1 to casting roll worth?

And what would be better?

Would getting a bonus to the roll equal to your caster level be a better option?
>>
>>44580078
not sure. magic playing field did need levelling out. now you don't HAVE to bring a level 4 to stand a chance, you can play a nice combat army. sure, a magic-oriented army with a bunch of casters will be better at magic, but not overly so.

I new magic item goodness, I might actually enjoy having a combat lord general for my Wood Elves.
>>
>>44579971
>where you govern a peaceful underground community of Night Goblins. farm mushrooms,
It should be pretty small community (it's remind me about one of my WHRP session in Ostermark village with small forest goblin pack).
>>
would a clanratless and slaveless Skaven army work? fill core with Stormvermin, make whole army more elite, yadda-yadda?
>>
>>44580188
> (it's remind me about one of my WHRP session in Ostermark village with small forest goblin pack).

Care to share the story?

Question:

Which is the better mini - Archaon on the three headed dragon, or Archaon on the steed?
>>
>>44580373

Could work. Skaven play well with the vermintide sort of style. But their elites do pack a punch.

I suspect you'll find yourself getting outmatched, but it should be an enjoyable ride. Give it a try and tell us your results.
>>
>>44580390
oh, okay. people just say so often, that slaves are bread and butter of skaven army, can't make a step without them, blahblahblah.

will try.

>>44580381
really depends on aesthetic you prefer. Horsaon looks more tame, more fitting with 6th Ed style, while Dragaon looks definetely 8th Ed, almost ET, speaking in WHFB terms.
>>
>>44580381
>Care to share the story?
Nah, it's was WHFB session, not AoS.
>>
>>44580422
>while Dragaon looks definetely 8th Ed
Kid please, it's fit ET and AoS aesthetic only.
>>
>>44580434

This is the WFB-AoS general, perfect place for it.

>>44580441
Meh. Giant dragon model with armoured rider. That's been in the game since 4th Ed.
>>
>>44580454
>This is the WFB-AoS general, perfect place for it.
It's AoS thread.
>>44580454
>Giant dragon model with MMO armoured rider.
Fix you, silly ground marine.
>>
>>44580441
well, if you consider last three Elf releases and Dwarfs ET... oh, and them Empire wizard altars too. and Mortis Engine. and, I dunno, ALL THE OTHER over-the-top 8th Ed stuff.

>>44580454
well, it's only nice dragon we have at the moment, apart from DElf Black Dragon. just gotta headswap.
>>
>>44580467
>hurr WHFB always have MMO design durr it was shit, there were nothing to save, AoS is better anyway
Go to your general.
>>
>AoS General - page 5
>WFRP - page 6
>this thread - active, with shitposting not crossing 60% line

I call that a success.

>>44580493
didn't say that. only say 8th Ed was designed in almost same style as End Times.
I prefer 6th Ed style, FYI
>>
>>44580509
>I call that a success.
For AoS of course, but I still dont understand why sigmarines need another thread, while other warhammer communities doesn't need it.
>>44580509
>was designed in almost same style as End Times.
>I mever saw empire design of 8th edition.
>>
>>44580188
>it's remind me about one of my WHRP session in Ostermark village with small forest goblin pack

Do tell.
>>
How many buildings are needed to start Mordheim? at least for easier starting games, me trying to get a buddy into tabletops.
>>
>>44580690
the starter came with.. four ruins, I think
>>
>>44580720
but that's ridiculous. obviously more is needed. but how many more?
>>
>>44580745

Enough to make it worthwhile. 4 can be fine if you prefer an open game. If you want something more claustrophobic, double that.

You don't need any buildings to play the game, just add them until it suits your board and how your group likes to play.
>>
I'm pretty happy those Start Collecting! boxes are a thing. It will allow my friends to get their own units for pretty cheap. Though, I have a few questions:
Do they come with defined weapons, or can you pick whatever you like?
Will there be Stormcast boxes?
>>
>>44580808
I doubt GW will make new sprues (it costs moneys, as I understand), so if different options come on same sprue I'm pretty confident they'll be in the box.
If an option comes on separate sprue though, I'm not so sure, really.

Luckily, Malignants box has no option but to supply me with Black Knights and Coven Throne.
>>
>>44580808
Stormcast and Bloodbound are fresh armies with a starter set. Doubt there'll be SC! boxes for them any time soon, really.
>>
>>44580808
They come with all options, they're the same sprues as if you buy them separately.

Dunno. There's loads of stuff that hasn't received a Start Collecting bundle so far so a round 2 doesn't seem impossible.
>>
>>44580808
Go to AoS general.
>>
>>44580831
Well, the Chaos/Stormcast starting kit includes various Stormcast and Chaos units you can find in separate kits, but you can't select which weapon you'll give to your dudes. The arm/weapon is a single piece. Wether this was a commercial move to make sure players would get other kits, or if it's just to reduce production costs, I don't know, but I know there is different versions of a single mini depending on the kit you buy.
>>
>>44580849
Calm down m8, the starter boxes are relevant for WHFB players too as long as you're able to get a hold of square bases.
>>
>>44580870
>, the starter boxes are relevant for WHFB players
But not Stormcasts.
>>
>>44580875
they are usable for conversions.
or as them new steam monstrous infantry dwarfs get in 9th Age (just swap ugly masks with Irondrake helmets)
>>
File: 6e9.png (47 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
6e9.png
47 KB, 600x330
>>44580875
I'm converting some Stormcast into Chosen of Slaanesh.

Do you need a hand getting your head out of your ass?
>>
>>44580883
>they are usable for conversions.
For True Scale Space Marines.
>>44580891
>I'm converting some Stormcast into Chosen of Slaanesh.
Just buy Noise Marines.
>>
>>44580895
>Just buy Noise Marines.

Chosen of Slaanesh for Fantasy, not 40k.
>>
>>44578794
>my marauders from the north can go around chest naked, but dwarfs living in a desert between volcanoes can't
>>
>>44580923
>but dwarfs living in a desert between volcanoes can't
>Norsca
>desert
>>
>>44577069
In the resources in the op there's should be a link to branstark torrents, there should be one with a shitload of white dwarfs, shouldn't be too difficult to find the WD you're looking for if you know the number
>>
>>44580914
>Chosen of Slaanesh for Fantasy, not 40k.
And that's why ground marines bad choice.
>>
>>44580957
You know Antarctica is a desert, right? The word doesn't mean "sandy".
>>
>>44580966

I don't follow your logic. The greco-roman gladiator muscle armour style works perfectly for Chosen of Slaanesh in Fantasy.

>>44580957
>Ignoring the point that Norsca is cold.
>>
>>44580957
Who said a thing about them living in norsca? The original post was about the northern limits of the dark lands, the post about them representing norsca dwarfs was more about the type of behavior, interactions and traditions.

Still the point stands
>muh marauders can be almost naked
>dwarfs bearing multiple hot weapons and runes can't
>>
>>44580982
>Antarctica
>Scandinavia
>Antarctica
>I never saw Norse Dwarves, because I am AoS player
>>44580985
>The greco-roman gladiator muscle armour style
>generic MMO paladin/warrior armor-set with samurai mask
>muh greco-roman-germanic-celtic-indian armor
>>
>>44581013
>Slavpost is shitpost
>Shitpost is onlypost
>Still hasn't gotten ogre it.
>>
>>44581011
>>muh marauders can be almost naked
1) Marauders models is shit.
2) Humans (who actually was changed by warp influence) =/= dwarves, so there is no place for your AoS fire elementals.
>>
>>44581023
>I don't have any arguments so I just call you are slav shitposters because my grandfanther was liberated by Red Army.
>>
>>44581028
Yeah, Dwarfs are tougher.

Also - Dwarfs, not Dwarves.
>>
>>44581034

No, you misunderstand. You're not A slavpost shitposter.

You're THE slavshit shitposter.

Also - you've never played Warhammer.
>>
>>44581035
>Yeah, Dwarfs are tougher.
Yet still they need clothing, because they are mortal race, not elementals like AoS.
>>
>>44581045
>You're THE slavshit shitposter.
Because..?
>Also - you've never played Warhammer.
AoS =/= Warhammer.
>>
>>44581053

Unless they have a layer of fat that acts like blubber. Like the one that surrounds your brain.
>>
>>44581061
>Because..?

Because you are the only Slavshit Shitposter, hence the singular 'the'.

>AoS =/= Warhammer.

Correct. And you haven't played AoS OR Warhammer. You're pretty shit at Warmachine, though.
>>
>>44581077
>Because you are the only Slavshit Shitposter, hence the singular 'the'.
>You're pretty shit at Warmachine,
What?
>>
>>44580914

Ooh. How heavy are you going to modify them? They've got a pretty statuesque feel to them right off the bad. Good choice.
>>
>>44580883
>or as them new steam monstrous infantry dwarfs

What's your thoughts on them?
>>
Other than the Fyreslayers, are we expecting any other new releases for the Dwarfs in AoS?
>>
>>44581183
But there is no dwarves in AoS.
>>
>>44581130
meh, why not? can be cool if done right, can be cheesy and stupid if done wrong. then again, it allows people to use Warmachine minis, so it's pretty cool. gotta appropriate all you can, I say.
>>
>>44579707
>>44579649
I thought the changes in magic might be make a single mage better but how many mages are usually fielded.
This would be my first undead army, terracota just were to appealing.
>>
File: Ogre Tyrant.png (437 KB, 688x1160) Image search: [Google]
Ogre Tyrant.png
437 KB, 688x1160
What do you think of 9th age?
I've been playing a couple of games with it and my local gaming group has either switched to it or/and AOS. Finally a warhammer game with frequent updates which listens to the community

Also ogre tyrants are finally good
>>
>>44581183
the steamhead will probably get a battletome, speaking of miniatures there're rumors about runic golems but nothing actually solid in terms of reliability for now.
If they come, they will come shortly after the fyreslayers though.
>>
>>44582398
haven't had a chance to play it yet, but looks fucking awesome on paper. so much more streamlined and balanced, while maintaining depth and complexity.
also they took some nicer ideas from KoW, which is cool
>>
>>44581028
These are dwarfs who have magic runes of their own god of endurance and fire incised in their own skin and commonly go around carrying flame related stuff, to assume they can't stand a bit of cold the same way the marauders who are not all empowered by chaos is stupid even for a troll.
>marauders is shit.
Still better than warjacks :^9
>>
so, how's Tomb Kings / Undying Dynasties in 9th Age? were they buffed to respectable levels?
>>
Why would one make an AoS and WHFB united general when the two games have literally nothing in common except a few namedrops ?
>>
>>44582568
>These are dwarfs who have magic runes of their own god of endurance and fire incised in their own skin and commonly go around carrying flame related stuff,
Too bad it's not AoS, which full of magic elementals.
>marauders who are not all empowered by chaos
>I never read WoC armybook.
>Still better than warjacks :^9
So?
>>44582675
AoS players for some reasons needs more than 1 thread, so they try to consume WHFB general.
>>
>>44582731
>AoS players for some reasons needs more than 1 thread, so they try to consume WHFB general.
Ironically, I started the first united thread yesterday so there's a proper WHFB thread, 'cos all we had was some dead WFRP thread where nobody discussed WHFB.

And it works pretty well, apart from a few people who, for some inconceivable reason, believe that game systems are at war or something, and it's offensive to make a united thread, and that a matter of principle comes into it somehow...
>>
>>44582800
>and it's offensive to make a united thread
Not him, but it's not offensive, it's stupid. Even a WHFB/KoW thread would be more appropriate. As I said, there is nothing in common between AoS and WHFB.
>>
>>44582884
models, origins and at least basic fluff is enough in common for me.

still get less shitposting than majority of pure WHFB and AoS threads
>>
>>44582800
>cos all we had was some dead WFRP thread where nobody discussed WHFB.
Surprise newcomer, but it's normal thing for WHFB threads.
>And it works pretty well
Yeah it's just become another AoS thread, uncomfortable for WHFB players.
>believe that game systems are at war
Nah, it's not war (since WHFB is dead), just for space marines lovers GW killed WHFB (setting, models and rules).
>>44582919
>models
Nope.
>origins and at least basic fluff is enough in common for me.
Totally nope. wHFB have too many low elements even in magic, unlike AoS.
>still get less shitposting than majority of pure WHFB and AoS threads
Because it's dead and every parts of communities, except AoS, says "fuck off" to this thread.
>>
>>44582944
>Nope.
oh, they stopped selling old models? didn't check store today.

>origins
be as it may, they started as one universe. that's what counts.
>>
>>44582919
>models
Even more true for KoW, since you can play it with your WHFB models in the same way you used to do. (That is, without having to imitate a horse).
>origins
Oh yeah right why not make an AoS/40K common thread then ?
>at least basic fluff
a few namedropping doesn't mean the basic fluff is common.
>still get less shitposting than majority of pure WHFB and AoS threads
90% shitposting is barely better than 95% shitposting. And it's that way only because OP samefag like mad to keep the thread civil.

The games are totally different at every level (rules, atmosphere and fluff).
>>
>>44582955
>that's what counts.
Actually nope, current AoS fluff fully related with Mortal Realms only + few names fromW WHFB.
>>
I find it odd that the main contribution from WHFB players* to this thread is to moan about AoS and the existence of a combined thread. The sad thing is it's drowning out what WHFB discussion there is (the dark beneath the world, homebrewed norse dwarfs, etc.) far more effectively than the AoS discussion they're moaning about.

*Or maybe it's just trolls and we should just accept trolls in every thread. What happened to you /tg/, you used to be cool...
>>
It should be WFB,AOS,Wh40k and LoTR general.
Why are you ignoring other related systems?
>>
>>44583135
I want AoS, 40k, LotR, WHFB, Blood Bowl, Dreadfleet, Mordheim, Warmaster, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic, Inquisitor, Necromunda, Space Hulk, Warhammer Quest, Horus Heresy, Talisman and Judge Dredd general.
>>
>>44583135
It shoudl be Wargames and RPG general.
>>
>>44583065
>*Or maybe it's just trolls and we should just accept trolls in every thread. What happened to you /tg/, you used to be cool...

Just shut up, you dolt.
>>
>>44583065
Being paired with the drooling fanbase of AoS is a bit insulting.
>>
File: yes.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
>>44568062
Holy shit thought I was on reddit for a second
>>
>putting WHFB and AoS in one thread
full retard.
WHFB's fluff is literally 100 times more fleshed out than AoS's, not to mention the crunch.
Fuck off to your own thread, ya gitz
>>
>>44583065
Who are you trying to fool? This thread is 70% shitposting (including complaining about a combined thread), 5% people trying to talk about 9th age but getting no discussions going because no one has played enough of it, 5% people talking about AoS while trying their absolute hardest to pretend like no one is complaining and 20% slavposting.

There is minimal overlap between people who want to discuss WHFB and people who want to discuss AoS. Combining the threads is asinine, AoS generals will stay alive through GW releases and WHFB generals will pop back up once 9th age starts to solidify and people play enough of it to have something to talk about.
>>
>>44583254
Now you understand who is AoS target audience.
>>
>>44583254
>>44583531
Holy shit, we really are /v/ now.
>>
>>44583550
better than this " le gentlesir" hell you're dragging us into
>>
>>44583550
Because AoS is /tg/ "press X to win" analogue.
>>
>>44583550
Try making a MtG+Yu-Gi-Oh thread next time.
>>
>>44579805
Fairly big actually I'll take some more pictures if the thread is still up when I get home if anyone is interested
>>
>>44579786
Thanks, a liche priest comversion with Arkhan's head could be cool, and his armor is really cool.
>>
>>44581183
There will likely be Steamhead Duardin at some point. The Dispossessed are also likely.
>>
>Total war warhammer in 16 weeks
>probably one year until you can burn Athel Lorren as Beastmen

suffering
>>
>>44584388
>suffering
Anyway it will be shit without Stormcastsmasterrace DLC.
>>
File: ss scorp.png (211 KB, 450x268) Image search: [Google]
ss scorp.png
211 KB, 450x268
>>44584729
>As an anti-cheating measure, if any mods are detected in the installation forces of stormcast eternals spawn on the campaign map and attack whichever faction you're playing as. Even in multiplayer battles stormcast eternals will arrive and attack your forces.
>>
>>44584729
CA officialy said the game will set before the End Times ( first turn is Karl Franz crowned as Emperor )
>>
>>44586750
>before the End Times
>Archaon returns from the Cahos Wastes
It's literally start of ET.
>>
>>44587983
>azhag is alive
no, it's not the end times, it's almost 20 years behind and the timeline is left to diverge.
>>
>>44587983
ET probably isn't canon in Total War, which is for the best.
>>
>>44582731
>Too bad it's not AoS, which full of magic elementals.
>magic runes and flaming torches don't exist in WHFB.
Yeah, right.

>I never read WoC armybook.
Well, you didn't.
Or you would find that you're confusing marauders with the classical chaos warriors, not all marauders are necessarily favored or empowered by the gods.

>So?
So! :^))
>>
>>44581426
>it allows people to use Warmachine minis

Fuck, I didn't even think of that. Fuck yeah.

>>44581511

Usually in an army that has any reliance on the magic phase like undead you tend to see 3 spell-casters. Not necessarily wizards, but at least spell-casters.

>>44582675
The same reason you'd have Bloodbowl and Warhammer in the same thread.

>>44582884
Then just consider it a GW thread.

>>44589128
So it's set around 2500ish? That's when 1ed WFRP was set, right?
>>
>>44589218

I predict it'll be the end result of the Chaos Campaign. Total global destruction.
>>
For AoS-WFB players - how would you recommend going about converting Stormcast into Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh?
>>
>>44583205

Fantasy fanbase is worse in all respects.

>>44583367

>9th age starts to solidify

If it does

Kind of hard to get new people playing a game when you have no in store presence and likely no way to advertise.

>>44591029

Funnily enough, Bloodbowl threads seem healthier than Fantasy threads, and this was before it was revealed that a new release is coming.
>>
>>44592861
>no way to advertise.

Most of the knowledge of 9th age spreads by word of mouth.

>Bloodbowl threads seem healthier than Fantasy threads

Generally they are. The Bloodbowl community is self-sufficient. Doesn't need a lot of updates or new miniatures. The game is self-contained, enjoyable and allows for campaign play. The Mordheim community is similar, but they don't have as big a presence on /tg/.
>>
>>44593083

>Most of the knowledge of 9th age spreads by word of mouth.

Via the fractured remnant of a community that had already shrunk.
>>
>>44578450
Well I figured this was the Fantasy united general, so here I am.

To be honest, I had no desire to really invest in Fantasy until AoS came along.

>>44578516
Skarbrand. He's got a tremendous amount of detail, went together very well without any fussing and overall showed that even though GW is going to charge out the wazoo for stupid models like him, they're at least going to ensure that they're top notch casts.

I do like Be'lakor... but resin, man, resin... and the Giant Enemy Cra--- Soul Grinder, is a pain in the ass. To glue the legs, or not to glue the legs.
>>
>>44592861
>Kind of hard to get new people playing a game when you have no in store presence and likely no way to advertise.
Very ironic to say this and talk about the success of Blood Bowl, a game with no in store presence and no way to advertise, in the same post. Almost every discontinued specialist game has local scenes in every country/state.

People who played 8th and don't like the gameplay of AoS have every reason to try out 9th age. Many aren't very likely to do so right now because playing a wildly changing beta is off-putting and they've probably shifted focus to some other game or hobby, but eventually a combination of wanting to use your fantasy models, nostalgia for the gameplay/setting and word of mouth will kick in and make them try it out.

Friend circles will have no problem getting games going once interest sparks in someone. FLGS's are just as incentivized to allow/encourage a fan game with a free rule set (9th age) that requires models that they sell (GW models) as they are an official game with a free rule set (AoS) that requires models that they sell (GW models).

Getting completely new people to play at that point is done just like with other games. Friends inviting friends, people finding local scenes that play in FLGS's through online discussions, TW:WH making people interested in the old setting and online presence pointing them towards 9th age, even people that started collecting AoS but want a game with more depth are potential new players.
>>
What would you guys think about converting the Phoenix from Kingdom Death: Monster into a greater daemon of Tzeentch?
>>
>>44593744

Well by healthy I meant simply that Bloodbowl threads exist and are filled with posts that generally seem to full of content and not just shitposting, can't really say if the game itself is growing.

However the one thing that Bloodbowl seems to have had going for that Fantasy doesn't is that it seemingly had no real competition at the time of its canceling, didn't have tons of editions that needed to be reconciled, and people able to agree with a set of fan rules. Fantasy on the other hand has all of those problems.

Again, my problem with word of mouth is that word of mouth alone did nothing to help Fantasy as it continually declined and it was a game which was living in that it had an actual company behind it. I should clarify that I'm not arguing whether or not 9th Age will stick around, but whether it will actually grow. Since I've the feeling it clings to the same mistakes of 8th Edition, I've my doubts.

I also have my doubts that Total Warhammer will make any difference whatsoever just as I always doubted the people saying it would lead to a rebirth of Fantasy. I'm a video game player first and foremost, I found out about miniature gaming via Dawn of War. To date outside of buying some things and playing a few games I've not done much, in fact all I mostly do buy is books to read because I've taken interests in the universes. Based on that I'm not entirely convinced that you can turn video game players into wargamers, especially when the game you're counting on to do it is probably going to be roughly the same as or even better than the real life product.
>>
>>44593997

I would think you had more money than sense.
>>
>>44593332

Do you mean the Warhammer community or fantasy gamers in general?

Because you do understand not all 9th Age players are actually coming from a Warhammer background, right?
>>
How is 9th Age and KoW? Does anyone here actually have any experience playing them?
>>
>>44589363
>>magic runes and flaming torches don't exist in WHFB.
How it makes Norse dwarves fire elementals?
>Or you would find that you're confusing marauders with the classical chaos warriors, not all marauders are necessarily favored or empowered by the gods.
All humans in the North was changed by Chaos influence.
>>
>>44592861
>Funnily enough, Bloodbowl threads seem healthier than Fantasy threads, and this was before it was revealed that a new release is coming.
Of course, since none try to consume their thread.
>>
>>44597705
>All humans in the North was changed by Chaos influence.

No they weren't.
>>
File: lowqualitybait.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lowqualitybait.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>44597877
I am not saying I disagree with you, but do not make the mistake of responding to the Slavscum Shitposter.
>>
>>44597877
They are. Than more tribe close to the North Pole than more their all changed by the Chaos, more stronger, more cruel, mkre primitive.
>>
>>44597930
>I dont have arguments so I'll call everyone who disagree with me shitposter
Soory Adolf, tell us where is Red Army touch you?
>>
>>44597967
>>44597997

>>44597877
See what I mean?

Slavscum Shitposter has a vision of the Warhammer World that they subscribe to. They will refute anything that breaks how they view the setting. They are incapable of understanding how the setting can be viewed differently than how they have retardedly chosen to view it.

As far as people of the North not being corrupted by chaos...tends to be true.

Those living deep into the Chaos Wastes are definitely Chaos fodder, but for people like the Kurgans, the Hung, the Tong and all the different people of the Norse - things are a bit more fluid. The Norscan's themselves are polytheistic. Whilst most of the gods they worship are Chaos in one flavour or another, there are situations where they are not worshippers of Chaos. Endhammer goes deeper into this, exploring the character concept of an Ulrican Norscan.

As for being touched by the influence of pure chaos - depends on their location. Clans like the Bjornlings are just as far away from the Chaos Wastes - if not more so - as the Kislevites.
>>
>>44598258
>The Norscan's themselves are polytheistic.

I recall this coming up in a previous thread, and I did a little reading. Found something you might find interesting:

"Curiously, many Norsemen believe in Gods with strong parallels to those worshiped in the Empire, although no Norseman believes in Morr, since the afterlife is closed to all but the most courageous warriors.

For example, the Skaeling tribe claims a God name Mermedus, often believe to be a dark reflection of Manaan, dwells beneath the Sea of Claws."

It raises some interesting questions, given the relationship between Chaos and the Gods of the Old World. You could argue that any worship of any god is just Chaos Worship in one flavour or another. But you can go the other way and argue that some of the Norscan gods are distinct entities from the four core gods of Chaos.
>>
>>44598384
>But you can go the other way and argue that some of the Norscan gods are distinct entities from the four core gods of Chaos.

I wonder how many of the Gods of Norsca are reskins of the big four, and how many are discrete entities.

Like, most would argue that Nergal is clearly Nurgle with a different name. But some people would claim the same of Khaine and Ulric in relation to Khorne. And the simple fact is that we're never really given a lot depth on what these reskinned gods worship entails. Most just accept 'Oh, it's a funny name for X' and leave it at that. But there is reason to believe it could be different.
>>
>>44598486

What does it take to become a god in the Warhammer/AoS setting?

Didn't Sigmar bond with the winds of magic to reach godhood? Is that how it's done?
>>
>>44598258
>They will refute anything that breaks how they view the setting. They are incapable of understanding how the setting can be viewed differently than how they have retardedly chosen to view it.
>your arguments is not arguments! Norsca dwarves should looks like marauders from cahos wastes!
Again, Norsca Dwarves wear a lot of clothing, they are not fire elementals, so it will be pretty hard to make fireslayers looking like Norsca Dwarves.
>>
>>44596755

The Warhammer Fantasy community.

>>44597791

No, Fantasy threads stopped being made because they would fall off without even reaching 50 posts. In contrast Bloodbowl threads may go on for days, but they never seem to fall off.

>>44597877

Outside of perhaps the Norse, the other human tribes in the north seem to be heavily influenced by Chaos culturally, worshiping at least one, if not all, of the gods and seeing mutations as blessings.

>>44598593

Nothing is ever made clear, but it's hinted that races ultimately create their own gods, whether it be by certain emotions and concepts coming together or the aforementioned with the addition of souls.

It's not known how Sigmar became a god, even the End Times just says that Tzeentch bound him to the Wind of Heavens and left it at that.

Sigmar was probably meant to parallel people who were born as humans and then became gods after they died because of what they accomplished in life. Sigmar may have been strong enough to keep his soul together after he died and slowly grew in power as people worshiped him and his worshiper's souls joined him when they died.
>>
>>44598768
>No, Fantasy threads stopped being made because they would fall off without even reaching 50 posts. In contrast Bloodbowl threads may go on for days, but they never seem to fall off.
I talked not about numbers of posts, but about quality, none try to kill Blood Bowl threads and their community looks much healthier than fantasy.
>>
>>44598768
>the other human tribes in the north seem to be heavily influenced by Chaos culturally,

That includes the Norse. They also tend to view the Realm of Chaos as 'Reality' and the world they exist in as some sort of lie or illusion that they have to fight to get past.

This in mind though, the Norse are actually resistant to mutation after they get one.

>Nothing is ever made clear, but it's hinted that races ultimately create their own gods, whether it be by certain emotions and concepts coming together or the aforementioned with the addition of souls.

From a personal perspective, that's how I choose to interpret it. It makes the Gods an interesting character, knowing that who they are and how they act can change as their worshippers slowly interpret them differently from generation to generation.

>>44598384
>he Skaeling tribe claims a God name Mermedus,

Don't they view him as basically Cthulhu-light? Walking around on the sea bed making thunderstorms and sinking ships, generally being an evil bastard?

>>44598258
>As far as people of the North not being corrupted by chaos

In the roleplaying game, Norscan characters get the 'Innured to Chaos' trait which makes them resistant to chaos mutation.
>>
>>44598878

No one tried to kill the Fantasy threads either, people just didn't feel like posting about the game in them.
>>
>>44598878
>none try to kill Blood Bowl threads and their community looks much healthier than fantasy.

The Bloodbowl community tends to be about as healthy as the Fantasy one, but a lot more insular. They don't get as many trolls as Fantasy simply because they're not as easy a target. They're pretty cool guys, generally.
>>
>>44598944

>knowing that who they are and how they act can change as their worshippers slowly interpret them differently from generation to generation.

I never really got this impression, then again the gods rarely make an appearance.
>>
>>44598945
>No one tried to kill the Fantasy threads
I assume you wasn't in previous thread?
Also, united generals already killed any discussion about non-GW models.
>>
>>44599001
>I never really got this impression, then again the gods rarely make an appearance.

It's not something made clear in the setting, but assuming the gods are made up of the emotions of those that worship them, then it's a logical progression to assume they'd either change over time or eventually become parodies of themselves.

Sort of like the 'a copy of a copy of a copy' problem.
>>
>>44599065
>but assuming the gods are made up of the emotions of those that worship them
Chaos Gods wasn't created by emotions of Warhammer World mortals, they comes from outter warp, other gods was supported by winds of magic and died when vortex was shot down.
>>
>>44599065

Most of the gods are ultimately based in broad concepts though and as such I don't see how an interpretation would change them.

They're also sentient beings so you could argue that for any change to happen they'd have to willingly do it.
>>
>>44599185
>Chaos Gods wasn't created by emotions of Warhammer World mortals

What's this bullshit? "Hordes of Chaos" says that the Chaos Gods were created from the dreams and emotions of humanity. Also it says that all other gods are portions and conjunctions of the Chaos Gods.

So not only the Chaos Gods are made from emotion but all other gods as well.
>>
>>44599274
>"Hordes of Chaos"
Old source. Chaos Gods comes from other worlds, just like Old Ones, Morr and other gods of death died when Nagash consumed wind of Death.
>>
>>44598639
>Again, Norsca Dwarves wear a lot of clothing, they are not fire elementals, so it will be pretty hard to make fireslayers looking like Norsca Dwarves.

I...what?

What does that have to do with anything? I actually had to go back in the thread to even understand you. No-one has been talking about Fyreslayers in fucking hours, man.
>>
>>44599322
You don't get to say old source and do not provide a newer source to prove your claim.

The Winds of Magic are Chaos energy that entered the mortal realm and broke up into 8 parts. So even the Winds are emotional energy. In fact, as shown in ET, the Winds are sentient and are attracted to emotions that correspond to them.

The Chaos Gods do not come from other worlds. The Realm of Chaos is place where linear time does not exist. So when the Chaos Gods were created by humanity, they always existed and not existed at the same time.

> Morr and other gods of death died when Nagash consumed wind of Death.

Only Ereth died as the wind of death was broken fron the vortex. There is nothing stating that Morr or the other gods died. In fact, in ET Nagash, the Tomb King God of Death was alive and fought against Nagash.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.