[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CIV Thread! Make your choice!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2
File: CIVs.jpg (5 MB, 2002x4091) Image search: [Google]
CIVs.jpg
5 MB, 2002x4091
Lets get this started shall we?
You know the rules, but in case you dont just ask me.
Please pick a difficulty setting along with your race/location. Easy, Medium and Hard. This will impact how we start and how forgiving the GM (me) is.

First to 3 wins!

PS: Oh and please name your selfs for this thread. It makes my job easier.
>>
>>34579442
I'll name myself if this goes anywhere. Going to vote for hard difficulty Lizardfolk in a Volcano/Lava Wastes type area. Maybe we're descended from dragons or something, dunno.
>>
>>34579442
Minotaurs in Jungle
Hard
>>
>>34580078
this +1
>>
>>34580078
I'm with this anon.
>>
>>34580078
>>34580261
>>34580270
Well that was quick!
Alright Lizard people in the Lava Wastes it is!
Now you need to pick your extra perk. Ill start writing in the meantime.
>>
>>34580343
Mythical Leader: Dragon (if that's too OP, say he's imprisoned in the volcano)
>>
Mythical leader. He has survived countless generations. Battle hardened.He is as big as a lizard gets.
>>
>>34580394
Yea Dragon is tad bit OP. I can however make him/her a Dragonborn if you want!
>>
>>34580394
>>34580451

That sounds good to me. Perhaps it's an old, decrepit dragon? Can't really even leave its lair anymore?
>>
>>34580451
then do >>34580403 he has dragon blood or something
>>
>>34579442
Lizards Desert
>>
It is said that, long ago, the dragons ruled the world. Now Dragons are rare, the once mighty race driven back by the young races, although some say their spirits live on inside the Lizardfolk of the south. That is a lie. While Lizardfolk have a relation with the Dragons in flesh, in spirit they but a mere fraction!
But on too your story huh? Once upon a time a great Warlock sought more power for himself. He captured a number of Lizardfolk eggs and attempted to infuse in them the power of Dragons to create the perfect soldiers! It worked... once. The rest of the hatched Lizardfolk (while stronger than their peers) did not have the characteristics the Warlock sought. He kept the rest has slaves, but the one that was a success served him well. Many foes fell in her blade and many victorys were thanks to her. But, despite what the Warlock thought, she had a mind of her own. She wished to free her brothers and sisters from their bondage and live a life free of tyranny! After years of planing the eventual revolt was a success. While the Warlock lived the captured Lizardfolk escaped and fled east to the volcanic wastes of Kon'rel. Here they will survive. Here they will build. Here they will thrive!

>Roll a d100 for starting pop. Ill take the first 3 and average them.
>>
>Oh and i need a name for the Dragonborn leader!
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>34580649
Rolling pop.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>34580649
Rolling.
>>
>>34580649
Though I have participated in many civ threads,I'm pretty new to this board and dont understand rolls...guess ill just monitor. Or maybe someone can help
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>34580649
pop rollan
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>34580745
It's on the Sticky at the top of the board, put 'dice+1d100' in you're options field to role 1 100-sided die.
>>
>>34580745
Just put dice+1d100 into the e-mail field. There's a sticky about it literally right at the top of the board's frontpage. C'mon, man.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>34580774
read it but couldnt figure out for the 100 die. I am a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>34580750
>>34580709
>>34580697

>26 Pop
>Oh thats a bad start...
>Anyway the rule is that you can chose how many people to sent for each action. More maybe good or bad depending on the task. A raiding party will benefit from high numbers while a scout one is more likely to be detected.
>>
>>34580673
Godzilla
Sal
Silion
Stellio
Sylio
>>
>>34580861
Someone knows his Latin i see! But remember its a she.
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>34580881
pal/sheddo
thats what we call lizards here.
magar/shisur is what we call crocodiles.
>>
>>34580881
Shoot! You're right, just change those last three to feminine case.
>>
>>34580845
Send out one lizard in every one of the cardinal directions, so we get a sense of what's around us.

Half ought to stay at home and perhaps see if they can't expand our caves/homes/whatever, or just generally improve them.

The other half should perhaps work at expanding our food supply somehow. These are the Lava Wastes, but that just means what few patches of soil ARE around are bound to be ridiculously fertile.
>>
>>34580911
Magar/Shirsur sound cool.
>>
It has been 2 weeks sense you and your people escaped the Warlocks castle. You managed to find the volcanic region of Kon'rel and ,due to the nice and warm environment decided to set up here. For now the "settlement" is a few tents in a small flat area near hill.
Shisure taps the hilt of her trusty sword as she considers their next move.

>Stand by for tactical stats strike!
>>
Stats:
POP: 26
Leader: Shisure-Warrior

Food: 100 (Each pop takes one point of food/water each round)
Water: None

Tools Level: Stone
Weapon Level: Stone, Steel

Buildings: Tents
Defenses: None

Neutral Factions: None
Allies: None
Enemys: None
>>
>>34581106
This>>34580958
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>34580958
Second this.
>>
>Please note that dangerous actions (such as scouting) require a roll.
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>34581145
>>34581239
>>
>Humm i just had a clever idea! Gime a second folks ill be right back!
>>
>Alright im back! I use a little roll magic too determine which races are on the lava wastes with us. And its good... MAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
>Anyway back to writing!
>>
File: lizard_warrior_by_chungking2399.jpg (225 KB, 446x576) Image search: [Google]
lizard_warrior_by_chungking2399.jpg
225 KB, 446x576
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>34581416
Well looking at your laugh...and considering we chose hard difficulty...I think all our scouts are dead
>>
>>34581483
>Now now you just needed below 40 for them to die! Thanks for the pic btw.
>>
>Scouting: 4
You sent one scout in each direction to get an idea of your general area. To the north, past the hill, the scout reports a large lava fissure there. It would take great effort to cross it. To the east the scout reports an other camp. He did not risk a closer look but they inhabitants looked human. To the south the scout found a large collection of hot springs! While some of the water dosent look healthy, the rest seem fine. To the west (were you came from) the scout report's little of importance. He did notice alot of stone in the area however.
>Improve Settlement: 11
While not much can be done without proper materials the team works on improving the camp a bit. A nice large fire pit now sits in the middle of your circle of tents, and an extra tent has been made for food storage!
>Improve/Search Food: 11
The team in charge of finding food studied the soil around the camp. While most of it is dry and infertile, some small patches of soil are found. While not big enough for fields, some trees could be planted there.
>>
Stats:

Food: 74 (Each pop takes one point of food/water each round)

Buildings: Camp
Build Mats: 0

>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>34581729
send 5 to south to get stone to make stone tools.
send a scout to get a more detailed report on the camp at east. Send him at night.
>>
>3 actions are allowed each round. I will wait for one more.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>34581800
I'd also suggest sending out a few more guys to check out the Hot Springs. Where there's water, there's life, and we may find a food source there, potentially. 5 or so should be enough.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>34581729
Send an ambassador to the human tribe. Tell them we are refugees and mean no harm and that we are sorry for any intrusions on their land.

Have locals search for crops that could be cultivated or wildlife.

Also as a side note we may want to start making forges, the mountain is sure to have metals and if the humans are aggressive we will need to defend ourselves.
>>
>>34581903
This guy sounds reasonable but considering we have major diplomatic penalties with humans...really wouldnt want to make our presence known to potential enemies.
>>
>>34581973
Yeah, you're probably right, after all we might not speak a common tongue.
>>
>>34581903
Let's just do this, let our enemies be known to us to begin with. Who knows, this could be favorable.
>>
>Stone Collecting: 5
A small group was sent west to the rocky wastes too collect any stone they could. They managed to bring quite a few back, and even managed to make some primitive tools, like axes or pickaxes, from them.
>Camp Scouting: 1
Under the cover of darkness the scout managed to approach the camp undetected. As it turns out the inhabitants were not humans after all. They are Fauns! Their camp is clearly temporary and they'l move soon, however it dosent look like they'l leave the Lava Wastes. They have some clubs and even a few iron weapons with them.
>Wasted Action
A good amount of time had to be spent traveling to the hot springs for water, due to not having any at camp!

>Your lucky i din't just kill a batch of people due to the lack of camp water!
>>
Stats:

Food: 48 (Each pop takes one point of food/water each round)

Buildings: Camp
Build Mats: 10

Neutral Factions: Fauns
>>
>>34582006
You think we should raid the faun camp of supplies stealthily at night? Or more diplomatic means?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>34582191
Diplomacy is always better.

I however suggest moving towards a water source.
>>
>>34582179
I'm voting that we move our camp to the Hot Springs. There's no real reason not to; it has the advantage of being right next to a water source, and no obvious disadvantages. Even what we don't drink we can use to cultivate stuff.

I also vote that we use what sparse building materials we have/can find to build a watch-tower/granary type structure.

>>34582158
You know, I'm fine with the game being hard, but that's not the same as unfair. Not saying you did it, but punishing players for something you didn't tell them/they don't know isn't really good form. Just some advice.
>>
>>34582191
Fauns are generally up for a bit of feasting. If we have any alcohol I'm sure we can convince them we're friendly then maybe trade with them for what we need.

OR

If we feast, we can use it as a distraction to steal the faun's supplies while they're stoned.
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>34582262
I second moving to the hot springs.
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>34582282
Excellent plan.
also this
>>34582262
>>
>>34582262
>Well the water was right there on the stats, right below food. So i assumed people would know to collect water.
>>
>One more action please. Oh and having a feast with the Fauns would cost 10 food. You gota bring some yourself!
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>34582398

There's two actions in this post: >>34582262

And another in this one. >>34582282

Rolling one more time if it's needed.
>>
>>34582430
Oh oops! Sorry i din't see that.
>>
>Camp Moving: All
After a collective vote you start to pack the camp and move towards the hot springs. The trip was fairly quite, no animal willing to attack that large of a group. As the camp is been set up however, Shisure finds some strange footprints along some mud at the edge of a pool. The shape is long and rather thin and, judging from the depth, made by a humanoid. You have a bad feeling about this...
>Watchtower Building: 10
Using the existing rocks as a foundation, the team manages to build a small watchtower at the edge of your camp. Little more than a pile of rock on top of a bigger rock, this humble little tower will give warning in case of attack.
>Faun Feast: 3 (Leader Action)
Shisure, along with two others, approachs the Faun camp. Several weapons are drawn the moment they see her. Their leader, a huge Faun with a huge... ummm yea... approaches and demands an explanation. After a quick story (skipping over the Dragon infused part) the leader seem to relaxes. He invites Shisure and her people on a feast the evening. He tells you however that you must bring your own food. What do you do?

>Event started: Faun Feast!
>>
Stats:

Food: 22 (Each pop takes one point of food/water each round)
Water: Unlimited

Buildings: Camp, Small stone watchtower

Neutral Factions: Fauns
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>34582813
bring our own food
>>
>>34582868
Also investigate why the water is poisonous. If it's sulphur we can use it.
And Satyrs are tricksters. We keep alert around them.
>>
>>34582904
>No normal Civ actions will be addressed during events like there. Also normal turns dont pass.
>>
>Bring own food. -10 food.
As the most of the group arrives at the Faun camp during nightfall a large fire sits in the middle of the camp with a massive pig-like creature been roasted above it. The feast goes on as the sound of music laughter and eating ring trough the camp. The Faun's leader approaches Shisure, holding a large smoke bellowing pipe. He offers Shisure the pipe saying its tradition of peace among the Fauns to smoke together.
What do you do?
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>34582813
Let's dance!

Also have 3-4 people satay at camp to guard and 3 to search the area around the springs more closely.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>34583138
Shisure will use his lizard tongue to turn away the offer to smoke without making it offensive.
We are not falling for their tricks.
Ask for trade relation between the faun and lizards.
Iron weapons and iron smithing for whatever we can give.
>>
>>34583315
>Dat roll

>Turn down offer
Unfortunately Shisure is no diplomat. Shes a warrior. So she somehow ends up smoking the pipe anyway! The smoke feels heavy and the voices and colors start to blend together... man. I mean ,like, you can SEE the colors man! You cam FEEL the music! Dude what if- what if that warlock dude wasant ,like, evil or shit man? What if WE are evil! What if this isn't real man? What if its like a thread ran by site full of idiots? Dude i just blew your mind! And that Faun too!
>Roll to avoid doing (more) stupid shit while high as a kite. Dont do drugs kids.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>34583566
;_;
I knew this would happen.
Since faun is high as well ask him if he can help us defeat the warlock or tell us anything of this place.
Ask him if he thinks we are the evil ones and not the warlock.
At this point i have no idea whats going to happen.
>>
>The next morning
Shisure wakes up under a table, her head spinning. As it turns out, other performing fellatio on... something, the feast went pretty well. The Faun gives a hardy laugh saying that you and your people know how to party! He says if we ever need to do some trading they are open for business. And if enough coin is found they can even take care of threads for you.
All in all the feast went well. Though Shisure cant help but wonder why she has trouble walking.

>Faun Feast event over!
>>
Stats:

Food: 12 (Each pop takes one point of food/water each round)
Water: Unlimited

Buildings: Camp, Small stone watchtower

Allies: Fauns

Gold: 0
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>34583913
Have the other anons abandoned?
Head back home.
Make 3 lizards scout further from the water area.
farm the fertile soil near non poisonous waterholes.
Keep one lizard with the fawns. Maybe he will learn something.
>>
Well sense it looks like most people are gone for now im gona call this thread closed. Dont worry ill continue this tomorrow and archive this. Remeber to search for CIV! Also keep in mind the time differences. I live in Greece so yea.
Anyway, goodnight ladies and/or gentlemen! Its been a pleasure been your GM for tonight!
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>34584125
Sweet dreams GM!
>>
>>34584198
Dat roll.
Dreams be average.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.