[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Blood Bowl/ General - PLAYOFFS SOON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
Previous Thread: >>44369111

http://www.thenaf.net/
https://fumbbl.com/
http://bbtactics.com/
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm

A more colourful version of the latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

/tg/ FUMBBL group, currently in Round 6:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view
Announcement and RULES:
http://pastebin.com/9St1yYU7

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl
>>
>>44434916
http://tindeck.com/listen/jvdn

On the pitch, where nuffle's king

When player's whine

we say

when your dude gfis
and he falls down and dies
that's bloodbowl

when the crowd's cheering lulls
as you roll double skulls
that's bloodbowl

snake eyes roll
ting a ling a ling
ting a ling a ling
and you'll scream mother fucker

bloodbowl spray
tippy tippy tay
tippy tippy tay
trust us there's no sucker

when your face is a scowl
as you're turn 16 fouled
that's bloodbowl

your starplayer's head splits
from a weak snotling's blitz
you will rage

intercepted by a kroxigor you lose all control

so we say
well my friend
see the pain never ends
that's bloodbowl
>>
File: Caledor Leatherheads.jpg (205 KB, 700x410) Image search: [Google]
Caledor Leatherheads.jpg
205 KB, 700x410
Second for the Caledor Leatherheads
>>
Not my blog, but I am a wretched ball of coughs, sneezes and farts at the moment.

I'll be sorting out a couple of things this week, most pressingly the Playoffs. Until further instruction, can nobody use their current team please, of course except for the couple of round 6 games left.
>>
>>44435007
row 2 overlaps the guys sitting

every time
>>
>>44435035

What's our deadline for those last two teams?
>>
Any of you guys play the Blood Bowl pc games? If so, is there a reason to pick up Blood Bowl 2 if I already have Blood Bowl 1 Chaos Edition?
>>
>>44435271
BB2 is filled with Chaos kill teams.
>>
>>44435271
bb2 is prettier and I like the non-chaos players a lot

It would be great if chaos was limited in most leagues, and there were all chaos leagues
>>
>>44435271
At this point in time

BB2 has the best graphics
Fumbbl has the most teams
There's only one reason to play BBCE (Khorne)
>>
>>44435356
>all chaos league
Now that actually sounds fun
>>
Daily reminder for all orc players to kill themselves
>>
>>44435280
Teams that kill Chaos, or Chaos teams that just focus on killing your players?

>>44435356
>>44435362
So the only difference is BB2 has better graphics but less teams than BBCE? Then I guess I'll stick with BBCE.
>>
>>44435735
>Chaos teams that just focus on killing your players?
This

It's annoying as fuck.
>>
>>44435799
What's worse, it's a bad choice for these guys.
They SHOULD be playing dwarves.
The playstyle they really want is the dwarven one.
>>
ok, what is the deal with pro elves? they obviously have great catchers and blitzers,sidestep is always a good skill and having from the start is good, not like dodge,but still good,the catchers are just their catchers they are great and that's it.But what do they do on defence do they just do elf stall with the pairs?don't they get some kind of perks on other elves?it seems to e like sidestepping blitzers don't add much and they end up being the worst at defence(dark elves the best?or maybe welfes because of leap?i would choose delfs and get leap later).Also what do they do vs nurgle?I mean they sure can still play the running game, but it seems to me like no passing really hurts them a lot.

am i misinterpreting the team?is this stuff accurate?
>>
>>44435056
i made the image, my favorite is the one rotated face
>>
>>44435280
>Not killing them first
>>
>>44435906
what are you talking about?lategame killer is chaos or nurgle,you need claw or you are not killing a single nemy av 9 10 piece,they want that and get that. dwarfs are more efficient early on and definitely more focussed, but built chaos killer is definitely not a mistaken team pick
>>
>>44436720
a well built deathroller can work wonders to be fair
>>
File: Skate2Skool.webm (3 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Skate2Skool.webm
3 MB, 960x720
>Go up against a mid tier skaven team
>Gutter runners can run around the whole fucking field
>Storm vermin are basically better chaos warriors

Why did I spend money on this horribly balanced autismal shitfest again?
>>
>>44436761
again, you can even build a 10 strentgth piece, it still won't get as much cas as a claw str 3 piece,you need mutations for a high tv killer team,dwarfs lack both stats and mutations and are thus outbashed by high tv chaos,a death roller is not going to save you,even if it weren't banned it could be killed if the chaos player either has some guard, 5 str pieces, a mino a dauntless guy or some luck
>>
>>44436893
>Storm vermin are basically better chaos warriors
lol what?
Gutter Runners are literally the only good members of a Skaven team.
>>
>>44436900
in my experience chaos lack the av to survive vs a equally leveled bashy team
>>
>>44436930

Storm Vermin make great killers, since they have Strength access and Mutations on doubles. Calling them better Chaos Warriors is just dumb though.
>>
>>44436935
they make your av 7 how can theirs be inadequate?when people whine about chaos it's overly built cpomb block, at lower tv chaos sucks and is vastly outbashed by dwarfs
>>
>>44436935
Your experience sucks.
>>
>>44436930
storm vermins are good too like>>44436961 said

also don't feed the troll
>>
>That feel when you win 2-0 to chaos with glorious sons of Ulthaun
>you injure at least 2 of their players
>you just have a -av on a skillless lineman thats already -av
>>
>>44436893

Here is pro anti-rat blood bowl strat

1. punch the rats
2. keep punching the rats
3. punch the rats some more
4. punch the last rat
5. pick up the ball when all rats are dead
>>
>>44436681
>ok, what is the deal with pro elves? they obviously have great catchers and blitzers,sidestep is always a good skill and having from the start is good, not like dodge,but still good,the catchers are just their catchers they are great and that's it.

>But what do they do on defence do they just do elf stall with the pairs?

Column defence, pressure the cage if and when there's an opening, hit the carrier with a ballhawk and send someone in to retrieve a loose ball. Then either get it back to the thrower or pass straight to a downfield receiver.

>don't they get some kind of perks on other elves?

Cheaper linemean. Cheaper thrower. Stronger Catchers than Wood Elves. Faster than Dark Elves.

>it seems to e like sidestepping blitzers don't add much and they end up being the worst at defence(dark elves the best?or maybe welfes because of leap?i would choose delfs and get leap later).

Sidestep alone is meh. But sidestep on a Blodger, which you can get on your Bliter after two touchdowns, is really annoying. Add Fend and it's super annoying.

Dark Elves are one of the strongest teams in the game, defensively.

If you want a leaping ballhunter then you can put it on a Blitzer or a Catcher (catchers generally get build for defensive work since Mv 8, Catch and NoS is all you need for offence).

>Also what do they do vs nurgle?I mean they sure can still play the running game, but it seems to me like no passing really hurts them a lot.

All elves should generally play the running game anyway. A hand-off is safer than a pass, and no hand-off is safer still. Pro elves have speed on their side so they can suck and zoom vs Nurgle, using mobility to gang up and bash any Disturbing Presence players out of the way if they need to make a hand-off or pass.
>>
File: asf09.jpg (23 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
asf09.jpg
23 KB, 500x344
>>44436935

That's why they get Claw, champ. Lower AV compensated by a stronger ability to pierce AV.

>mfw the BB2 cancerbase starts to infest these threads
>>
>>44437133
>Implying you can hit what you can't catch

What is with retard hour here, skaven are arguably the best team in the game
>>
>>44437134
with the first part i hoped for some special technique only they can do or some perk in defence, i know they are good, but hoped for something special,like leap for the welfs.i know blodgestep is great,and i noticed the perks you are listing, i just hoped they had some special gameplan on defence too.As for the last part i would really be tempted to just throw the ball at every chance with them , eventhoug i generally try to avoid passes too,NoS on catchers is just too good in my eyes
>>
>>44437234

I'm just giving a stupid answer to a stupid bait question.
>>
>>44437234
Hint:Kick the ball short, then they have to stay in the brawl. Lizards are the real bullshit
>>
>>44437279
>Not giving them a touchback every time
hats it like plaaying ez mode
>>
>44437218
>>mfw the BB2 cancerbase starts to infest these threads
did you not realize these threads started after the release of BB2?did you really think there was no connection?did you actually notice new players now for the first time?
>>
>>44437300
>I don't know why the kick skill is so important
>>
>>44435735
there's more people online, so that's a thing
>>
>>44437317
you misunderstood
you thought i was referring to your comment directly in a sarcastic manner, when in fact i was saying my own thing
>>
>>44436935
>in my experience chaos lack the av to survive vs a equally leveled bashy team

>whole team is av8 with warriors being av 9

you what
>>
>>44437279
with lizards and defence short or deep kick?
set up for bashy or quick?
>>
>>44437234
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Stats.htm

Skaven are barely top tier.

As long as you're not playing Khemri and below you're not allowed to bitch about skaven.
>>
>>44437366

I mean the only super bash-focused teams in BB2 besides Chaos are Orcs and Dwarfs.

And those are all primarily AV9.
>>
>>44437387
you only need two guys playing back to punch skinks, I setup with a normal chevron defense and kick it deep, depending on what team I'm playing of course
>>
>>44437387
i'd say short if you are fast enough to steal it, but it doesn't make that much difference lizzies are fast, kick is made to abuse the slowness of your enemies
>>
>>44437419
>kick is made to abuse the slowness of your enemies
I disagree, as a HE player a short kick is a bitch because I can't have my thrower go back as deep as I'd like him too
>>
File: ImpliedAutism.jpg (26 KB, 334x387) Image search: [Google]
ImpliedAutism.jpg
26 KB, 334x387
>>44437275
>>44437279
>>44437402

>Retards abound

They hit has hard as any team with an ogre, and gutter runners are objectively the beast piece in the entire game
>>
File: me.jpg (30 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
30 KB, 555x644
>>44437458
>Who takes rat ogres
>what is a wardancer

M9 stop trolling. Unlike lizardh8rs you actually don't have a leg to stand on
>>
>>44437458

>taking a Rat Ogre in a Skaven team

Also nobody's saying Gutter Runners are bad, idiot, but they can't win the game if they're the only pieces on the board.

Hit the shit that can't dodge away from you on a rerollable 2+, then lock the Runners down with your superior numbers.
>>
>>44437451
yes,but that's not as much as a slow team would be affected, kick is not useless on fast teams, just far less effective and inconsistent(if the ball bounces toward the middle against skavens they won't even feel the difference,the faster the team the more you need the ball to go towards the edges to make some effect)
>>
File: 1415458780625.jpg (70 KB, 695x407) Image search: [Google]
1415458780625.jpg
70 KB, 695x407
>>44437524
>Gutter Runners can't win the game for you solo

Give them blodge and enjoy your free wins
Shitter detected
>>
>>44437629
>not having a tackle on blitzers
Man I love elves, you don't get distracted by MBPO and get to actually knock people down
>>
>>44437629
How to win with Gutter Runners only: MA AGI AGI Leap Blodge
>>
>>44436720
Chaos killer are usually early league things, and then tend to drop off.

You want dwarves for early game smashing.
>>
>>44437681
>Not MA MA sprint sure feet
You cowards don't even smoke crack
>>
File: 1181463338938.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1181463338938.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>44437458
>RAT OGRES ARE OP

I'm literally laughing at you
>>
>>44437706
>Chaos killer are usually early league things
i thought we were talking about BB2 perpetual leagues.Why would chaos become worse anyway?
>>
>>44434916
I wish to hug that spikey qt, and grope her ass
>>
Where's a good strategy guide for how to into bb?

I got the computer game a while back, got my ass kicked a few times, didn't have the time to learn the game, so I put it down. Wanting to get back in but with some clue what I'm doing.
>>
>>44437936
check youtube for videos, or watch people play
>>
>>44437936
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm
1-Arms self with knowledge
2- Practice a lot
3- Practice more
4-don't let defeat deture you
5-Get gud
>>
>>44438039
its also worth noting watching players is a good idea
as is going to fumbbl's help page
>>
>>44437936
OP, cknoor's tutorials, also plasmoids playbooks, the welf one is really good for playing any race in general (just ignore leap busting cages)
>>
>>44437730
>11mv possible to move 14 with the ability to rr a 1
>>
>>44438276
You cant go over 10 MA
>>
>>44438379
Don't spoil my fantasies of the super rat
>>
Are there people who will actually skip block and just start at Claw-MB-PO on their goats and warriors?
>>
>>44439510
there are also people who get PO before MB
>>
I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this, because I have a lot of things I wanna get off my chest.

The fact that day in and day out, for six rounds, I’ve proved to everybody in the league that I am the best on the field, in the thread, and even shitposting. Nobody can touch me. And yet, no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not in the top 8, I’m not in the playoffs, I’m not talked about in the thread. But the fact of the matter is I should be, and trust me, this isn’t sour grapes, but the fact that “The Ashenvale Leaves” who stole a game with a turn 16 is in the playoffs and I’m not makes me sick!

The fact of the matter is, I'm the best coach in this league and without me in the playoffs we will all see just what a hoax this whole tournament is.
I'd like to think that the league will be better when MauledByTigers !!jawkONBJmdi isn't commissioner but the fact of the matter is the league will be taken over by one of these useless coaches and their dofus teams.

You know, Let me tell you a personal story about MauledByTigers !!jawkONBJmdi you know how we do this whole anti bully campaign-
>>
Can we get enough people for a BB2 /tg/ league by any chance?
>>
>>44439756
bb2 costs sheckles
But it is pretty and I'd be down, skaven with a warpstone mac
>>
>>44439676
Salary simians?
>>
>>44440204
Top heel team in the league.
>>
I was wondering if we had enough players for an endless free for all just for fun fumbbl league actually.

Given the traffic in the thread and the whining about BB2 pay 2 win, bb2's cost, and bb2 kill teams.
>>
So /playoffs/ coaches. How do you all feel after the 6 rounds?

Any memorable moments or moments of agony?

Any tips to share with those who didn't make the 8?
>>
>>44440611

Doornails here.

I'm excited. First time playing on Fumbbl and I had very little Blood Bowl experience outside of it. I've been nervous about pretty much every match, my first one made sure of that - losing two Ghouls in the first game sucked pretty bad.

My favorite match so far definitely was against the Talabheim LARPers. Clutch victory with 2 TDs in 4 turns felt pretty great.

I don't have much in the way of tips. All I can think of is coaches should be less wary of committing fouls, myself included. If an important player is on the ground, it's best to keep them there, and even better to injure them.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 531x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 531x299
>>44439676
>salt about Ashenvale Leaves
>not praising Nuffle for that glorious play he gave them
>mfw everything went better than expected this league
I'm not even really mad about my dead 2 wardancer in those 6 games.

>>44440611
>So /playoffs/ coaches. How do you all feel after the 6 rounds?
Ashenvale Leaves here. Pretty excited about the playoff and kinda reliefed about the fact that I run 2 WDs again after 2 were killed in the season plays.

>Any memorable moments or moments of agony?
Turn 16 TD as stated above by someone was pretty good.
Several deaths and injuries per game were hardcore and you can see that impact on my TV. Also, the death of a WD one turn after I used the apo on my catcher was a huge misplay by me.

>Any tips to share with those who didn't make the 8?
Hm, not really. I learned through a lot of guides on the internet how to play BB and I'm regularly playing BB:CE or tabletop BB to improve myself. Small tip: If there is any chance to score somehow at Turn 8 / Turn 16, take your chances no matter how low they are.
>>
>>44440611
Buddhist Elves here, can't complain about anything really, I might've made some mistakes but that's valuable experience regardless and a reference for future matches.

What I'm mostly impressed about is that none of my linemen died and only one got permanently injured, I feel like my team has good development potential assuming Nuffle doesn't look at me funny. It was pretty unfortunate that my wardancer died despite creating my team to especifically minimize the chances of that happening but those things just happen

The treeman has been alright and I don't regret getting him at the start, at best he keeps people around him, at worst he just stands in the middle hopefully being a nuisance, not much more is expected of him and it's always fun to smash people with him

I'm also happy about the games, they might've not been stellar but they've certainly been a lot of fun and I look forward to playing in the next league.

I only regret not being able to watch as many matches as I would've liked, missed on a lot of fun matches and spectating, hopefully I'll be around for the play offs which are looking to be pretty hyped, I also obviously support the Ashenvale Leaves hehe
>>
>>44440611
I really like my werewolf
>>
>>44440611
Bretonnian Werewolf in Tilea
The fact that the team with the lowest Cas received and the lowest Cas dealt is in the playoffs speaks a lot about the game being about an inflated pig bladder and the endzone and not your fist and the enemies jaw.

The best moment was when I did this really good turn on turn 16 against Desert Wraith and my Wight just didn't wanted to catch the ball.

Also when I played vs the Amazons totally drunk and still got a tie.
>>
>load into a high tv match vs dwarves
>every one of his 9 linemen have dodge guard and a few have dauntless
send help
>>
when my opponent apos any non death injury i feel immediately obligated to start fouling like crazy, am i a bad person?
>>
>>44442978
No, you sick fuck.
>>
>>
>>44443825
>jump up
Good use of doubles, that skill is really underrated
>>
>>44440611
Caledor Leatherheads here
I started by getting my ass absolutely handed to me, slowly got a little better. Only regret is I didn't get to play more games with this team
>>
>>44443871
Uh most ag3 pombers take it if possible.
>>
Do I sell the two skinks who leveled up? Do I sell Krox if he doesnt get General acess next level?
>>
>>44444669
If your Krox doesn't get block next level it might be a good idea to sell it. Skinks are fine though as any +MA makes them amazing. But this is all if you are going to be a lame guy who doesn't roll with what Nuffle gives you.
>>
>>44444749
Nuffle gives us gentle reminders to replace people in the form of CAS
>>
>Load into BB2 Match vs lizards
>He has 16 1 AV Skinks and 30 apos
uh ok
>>
>Surf guy with ball
>Ball scatters 7 squares back so other guy can score
>>
So whats Prince Moranion's story?
I know Zarra was a buffy raised by dorfs, Roxanna was a burlesque dancer who took up killing, and we know Morg and griff
>>
>>44445151

That's why you don't surf the ball carrier unless you're desperate to stop their advance.
>>
>>44445236
>you don't surf
Stopped reading right there
>>
yfw
>>
>>44445343

ooh a dodge

you could have picked up the ball with that 6

wasteful.
>>
>>44445419
it was a krox
>>
>>44443892
You still can. The veteran league might be a thing as far as I know. Unless you want to reroll in the next league
>>
My saurus rolld doubles for his second skill, blodge is a go?
>>
tackle or guard on a saurus with block already?
>>
Where do all these lizard players come from
>>
>>44445685
My gf bought me the dlc so i sorta need to play it some
>>
>>44445653
You should mix up guard MB and tackle,a break tackle too if you want,i think MB is the one you ahould give the more of,since it speeds you up and lets you have more of the others too.also guard is always good,but is low priority since you have all those str4
>>
what happens if you apo someone who got surfed from KO? the APO says 'on the pitch'
>>
>>44446262
He gets to cheer from the sidelines.
>>
>>44446262
Do you really need that answer?
>>
>>44446296
>>44446299
Man ive never use an Apo on a KO how should I know what happens but i guess rule of common sense steps in
>>
So I know its its bloat, but staditum upgrades sound fun. Are there any good ones?
>>
>>44446516
What bloat?
>>
>>44446516
Free bribe is great
>>
>>44446516
Its worth noting I play WE and DE

>>44446533
Most people say they bloat your team value, but if I have cash to burn why not?
>>
>>44446581
Nobody says it bloats your team value because it doesn't, where did you get that from?
>>
>>44446601
wats upping its levl do after th fist?
>>
>>44446516
the free uninstall wizard upgrade
>>
>>44446601
cKnoor
What upgrades are avalable?
>>
>two different skinks snakeyes their stunty dodges
>>
>>44446728
It looks nice in the cut scences
>>
>>44446728
So statuims DON'T raise tv?
>>
>>44447001
Stadium upgrades don't increase tv. Did cknoor really say they did?
>>
>>44447332
No, he just said they weren't really worth it
>>
>>44437402
>Skaven are barely top tier.

Skaven are absolutely top tier. They are superb at all tv ranges.

Easy to develop one-turners
Easy to develop CPOMBers
Great star players

>>44437492
>>44437524
>>44437751

Rat Ogres are really good. Azure won FUMBBL Wheel of Chaos III with a rat ogre in the side, and had him in the team for 146 games. If he's good enough for Azure he's good enough for you. All of the other major-winning Skaven teams on FUMBBL have used the Rat Ogre too.
>>
>>44447579
I'm sure all the pro players eat at McDonald's too, that doesn't have to make it the reason they're pro
>>
>>44447612
McMurtys*
>>
>>44447612
This, Rat Ogres are good if you know how to make the best of them and get some good rolls and a doubles
Not by virture of being a giant rat, otherwise fat jews would rule the world
>>
>>44447579
>star players make a team top tier
you have no idea how blood bowl works do you?
>>
>>44447579
but then why do most skaven teams not hire the rat ogre.
>>
>>44447732
>Rat Ogres are good if you know how to make the best of them

i.e. one of the fundamental skills of this game

>>44447804
Do you have stats to back that claim up? For any good player that decision is a matter of taste.

>>44447751
I do. In any tournament or matching format, most skaven teams that go deep will start to have tv issues versus more durable teams, that means inducements.
In FUMBBL cup XII, eventual winners Black Plague took both Glart and Skitter in the semi final when they had 600TV of inducements vs killer Chaos.

And in low tv TT tourneys, stars are also normally part of team builds. Again SKitter is very good here.
>>
>>44447926
Its not easy to make the best of a player who will either
1-Scream like a faggot
2-try to hit someone without the block roll
3-Run into trouble from pushing and auto following
4-Not able to reroll any of these

It takes a good amount of skill to get them to work
>>
>>44447954

>It takes a good amount of skill to get them to work

playing around negtraits is the same as playing round any other limitation. there are some specific ways to mitigate the issues you raise even without doubles (setting up 3d's, juggernaut, stand firm). either way, the upside is still huge (frenzy for surfs and pushes (incl. OTS attemtpts), huge hitting potential with claw, PT to tie up agile pieces).

many people dismiss vamps because of bloodlust but it has been proven they are absolutely beastly at high tv (very good at mid tv too imo)

saying somethign is difficult is not the same as saying somethign isn't good
>>
>>44447926
>Do you have stats to back that claim up? For any good player that decision is a matter of taste.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=528995794

Devastated
>>
These threads always devolve into waifu statistic wars and someone getting their feelings hurt.

Mostly because faggots whine about race balance.
>>
>>44448459
I'm pretty sure it's mostly just one butthurt kid. He likes to use similar wording and post an offtopic image often.
>>
>Tfw you surf a +AGI Witch Elf to death
>>
>>44448393
so 1/4 of teams used by top players use the rat ogre. how would this devastate me? i made my case, talked about its merits and role and how it has been used by elite players, and said its use was based on taste. do thsoe stats disprove this? no

there were three posts in this thread laughing at the idea of using the rat ogre. those stats prove some very good and successful players do use it, and that laughing at the idea is ignorant

by the by, 8% of cdorf teams use the mino. basically everything you can say about the rogre on skaven you can say about the mino on chorfs. and yet, successful good coaches do it.

i'm actually more surprised by that proportion of dwarves with the roller. i can't recall a really good team on fumbbl that used it.
>>
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=6867

Cyanide is trying to create some sort of world tournament in BB2, where individual leagues serve as qualifiers. With this plus the 4 races they're adding soon, do you think it's enough to make BB2 as popular as the other blood bowl communities?

I like playing BB2, as I was turned off by the UI of FUMBBL, but it feels a bit unfulfilling just playing in the perpetual leagues, knowing my players will eventually age away and that there's no goal to work towards.

Are there any well-organized leagues or tournaments in BB2?
>>
>>44449136
I was hoping Orca Cola or one of the other established BB1 leagues would migrate over but OCC is full of bitter anti cyanide nutters and the others seem to be waiting on more races

no way i'm playing open league in BB2 with their horrendous matching system, but if one of the good big leagues would get going i'd be straight in
>>
>>44440611
16 Shades here, good responses to my questions guys.

For me, I'm pretty happy to get to the 8, after having not played Blood Bowl for years, I thought I'd be rustier than I was. Seems bb is like riding a very lethal bike.

My moment of agony the first death my team suffered, poor teal. I didn't avenge his death, and that leads to my one tip, always foul the wardancer. Always.
>>
>>44449557

I think I was watching that game and practically shouted at you through the screen to foul him.
>>
>>44449126
No you were whining that it was OP and defined skavens as top tier.

It's very rarely used.
>>
Just got BB2!! Game looks amazing! Any way to see what I rolled?
>>
>>44450519

There's a log on the bottom of the screen but it only tracks like 4 or so rolls at once. I thought I heard something about them giving you access to a larger log with the last patch but I haven't tried to find it yet.
>>
>>44447332
>>44446783
I think the misunderstanding was that levek 3 and 4 require you to hoard more than 150k to be bought,lvl4 is 400k i think,and this conflicts with the bank rule
>>
>>44451005
click on the log at the bottom of the screen and you get a larger log
>>
>>44451206
No, cKnoor strongly believes that they SHOULD increase your TV since they can dramatically influence your team
>>
>>44437259
>i would really be tempted to just throw the ball at every chance with them , eventhoug i generally try to avoid passes too,NoS on catchers is just too good in my eyes

It's not that great. Don't let it fool you. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to try to use it. If your receivers are all marked by multiple players then the real upside there is that you have even more time to elf stall deep in your own half, because the opponent will have less players trying to sack your thrower.
>>
>>44450214

Yeah but if he moves the argument to something else, which retards will try to strawman as "u moving le goalposts XD", you'll see he was right all along. Frankly you should apologize to him. The Rat Ogre is used by 25% of top Skaven coaches. That's not insignificant. It's in fact highly significant. If taking the Rat Ogre were as bad as, for example, taking Thick Skull and Fend as your first two skills for Chaos Warriors then nobody would ever do it. It's clear that 25% of the best Skaven coaches use the Rat Ogre and enjoy a great deal of success, and the others who don't are probably just prejudiced, lucky and/or have poor sportsmanship that causes a lot of forfeits from the other side.
>>
I'm so tired of conceders, is there a decent league to join in BB2? I have an Orc team in the general league that hasn't seen the second half of a game yet.
>>
How susceptible are nurgle to being out guarded? Basically do you go full guard on all 4 warriors, the beast, and maybe a pestigor? Or do you go 2-3 guard warriors 1-2 mbclaw warriors and a pair of clawpomb pests?

Is it a losing battle to try to out guard a dorf, orc, or lizard team? Are you better off just trying to claw the shit out of them?
>>
>>44451583
Not him,but he really did move the goal,at the beginning he was listing the rat ogre as a reason for skavens to be op,which ,eventhough i like it,is ridiculous
>>
>>44451583
>all this autism

dude just go >>>/vg/
>>
>>44451583
>only retards point out fallacies

uh, who are you?
>>
>>44449136
granted by how this thread goes down in quality every steam sale I would rather castrate myself than see blood bowl become mainstream
>>
What do highelves even have gong for them? just ag 4?
>>
>Blitz skink with ball
>Pow Injure Niggle woo
>Ball scatters
>Krox catches it
i conceded. he deserved it
>>
>>44454279
Higher AV than pro elf linos. The slightly higher stats are technically better in the long run than having skills on players. Of course the reality is that nobody cares about the linos.
>>
>>44454279
they're the worst elf team, so nobody can accuse you of being a powergaming faggot
>>
>>44454435
Well it often happens to lose a player on the line if your team is av 7,eventhough nobody cares about linos,which applies more to other teams than elves,having more tacklezones on the field is always good
>>
What should I give my human killer blitzer for his last (technically second to last but I doubt he will turn legend) level up? He has 52 spp now but he tends to kill a lot. He currently has block, MB, PO, jump up, tackle. I was thinking frenzy on singles dodge on doubles.
>>
>>44454569
I'd pick frenzy too and then pro( or stand firm) if he actually gets to legend
>>
>>44454569
Actually thinking about it again,pro might be a good skill too,you lose frenzy potential and knock down potential too,but pro really goes well with jump up and will make knocking down more likely too.then you could get stand firm too and make jump up really great.whenever your opponent blocks him he risks to be blocked himself since he can't puch you away,i would love that
>>
>there are people who seriously bitch about claw pomb
>there are people who complain about a 3 skill combination that requires you to get a least 3 skill ups on your blockless player without even counting in the fact you need block, guard, and tackle.

Literally the only player who starts with block and can get claw on singles is the underworld stormvermon. And quite frankly storm vermon deserve claw pomb because otherwise how could the skaven dish out any punishment?

The closest to OP on a team are the chaos dorfs who can get 6 claw pombers who start with block. But even then they need doubles as st 3 they really need guard, and as mv4 they can't really use PO.
>>
>These lizards have no block, Every one of my pieces has block and many have dodge
>NOTHING
>BUT
>POW
>TURN AFTER TURN
>>
>>44456574
nice salt you have there bro
>>
>>44456644
First, Nice dubdubs
Secondly
1/6
1 / 6
AND HE GOT 8+ A turn!
Yes I salt
>>
>>44456835
it's not 1/6

he's lizards man

it's 11/36 to get one six on 2d6
>>
File: Blood-Bowl_Prince-Moranion.jpg (109 KB, 864x864) Image search: [Google]
Blood-Bowl_Prince-Moranion.jpg
109 KB, 864x864
>Playing HE against bretts
>blizzard
>keep rolling ones in the first half
>turn 8 I'm down one after kicking
>feeling like crap
>kick
>the cage up
>because they were open on a part of their cage a white lion is able to open a hole and the ball carrier is surrounded by elves
>He tries to hand off
>fails
>rerolls
>fails
>falls into a phoenix guard who nonchalantly hands it to a white lion
>lion runs to endzone
>kick
>blizzard ends
>something similar happens, but this time he makes the catch and sends his blitzer on a chicken run
>tries to tie up my elves pretty well
>break out two, and blitz him with a white lion
>manage to make him drop the ball
>get some lions in scoring pos
>his turn 16, he puts two dudes around each of my lions to keep them trapped
>my turn 16 I toss the ball in a long bomb with my pheonix, it makes it to the lion, who dodges out twice and scores the win
Fuck elves are great, they can turn a game around like that
>>
>>44454279
Best throwers in the game, sick hats, solid stats
>>
>>44457680
The solid stats makes them the most "Human" elves, they can kinda do any offense they want
>>
>Tfw vs a 7 AV team
>Throw blocks every turn
>Foul evey turn
>6 Kos and they all recovered
>>
>>44458317
the beauty of the HE team is that any player can do what any other player can
Line-elves can throw
Blitzers can catch
Catchers can blitz
throwers can take a punch
>>
Am I faggot for considing a game againts a chaos team with higher TV then me?
>>
I save my APO for death or nasty injurys
Every time I reroll the same injury
I feel liike im wasting 50k
>>
I hate how you have to take the random match up in bb2 and the only way out is you have to concide

They should have an option that lets you deny the match and roll again before it begins
>>
>Okay my line has blodge he needs to roll 3 pows
>He rolls 3 pows no rerolls
what the fuck why does this happen every time
>>
>>44458862
Theres no penalty for conceding so just concede
>>
>>44458487
>>44458862
Are you illiterate or am i witnessing a new dank meme?(it's concede)
>>44458317
I am pretty sure the most human elves are dark elves,still focussed on ball handling,but somewhat bashy with the four blitzers.
>>
things that only work when you have 500 tv over the enemy
>>
>>44459596
He conceded after 5 turns of not being able to crack the cage. Poor guy.
>>
>>44452160
>out guard a dorf
a dwarf can have 9 players with guard but you must remember that dwarves only have 3 Strength if you divide them you easily out strength them.
>>
TV bloat Fire or keep?
Probably better to have those 4 levels on linos
>>
>>44459596
I would get the ball out of this bad cage in under a second.
>>
>>44459654
I had 500 TV on him, Every single one of those have block many have guard and several have dodge.
I know you could get it out, He couldn.
>>
>>44435799
I gave up on BB2. It took 10 games to get to Lv.2 on my Mino. Yes, it's a BG, yes, unreliable action, but the fact it didn't kill or injury shit was a fucking joke.

I got it claw then quit. I might go back and see if it kills easier, but i doubt it.
>>
>>44459638
depends on the level of your other players. In the future try to give the td to your other players.
>>
>>44459716
He only has 3 TD Anon,
>>
>>44459445
I just meant flexibility wise, HE is probably the best elf team for switching up your offense.
>>
>>44459734
Then he is the master of causing injuries keep him
>>
>>44459966
I am not sure what you mean then
>>
Deathrollers can leap.
That is all.
>>
>>44460426
>instead of developing new teams Cyanide is taking their time making animations of EVERY SINGLE PIECE leaping, piling on, using diving tackle, etc.
>>
>>44460443
But anon what if someone really wants to make a leapdivetacklepo deathroller
>>
Anyone play the Blood Bowl card game? I need some advice on homebrewing up Lizardmen, High Elves, and Brettonians.
>>
When is the deadline for the tourney?
>>
>>44461272

I've got a PM about one of the games already, and will be contacting the other two. Like I say, I'm being flexible with it being the Christmas/New Year gooch.

Going to sort out some small surveys for the next season shortly.
>>
>>44452215
no, that was a seperate point, hence quoting the three people i was responding to. i was just arguing against the clowns here who laugh at and dismiss things they don't understand

>>44452820
what was the quality level to begin with then, because my main experience of /tg/ in the last couple of years is there's not been any blood bowl threads at all

the level of player knowledge and experience here is not high. mostly new guys. the general should be helping those players, which seems to be the case.

if you want to seriously discuss high level blood bowl, why would you even post here. fumbbl, bbtactics and others exist

the best thing an experienced coach can do for this general is battle those who are spreading ignorance
>>
>>44460531
Anyone?
>>
>>44460531

I do.

High Elves and Brettonians ought to be easy, but Lizardmen will be tricky because their 2 non-big guy players don't really fit BB:TM's typical starting deck format.

I honestly might forgo them having 1 Star Power starting Guard linemen and instead have an assortment of 3 Star Power Saurus players (absolutely no Cheat, but some Block, and Guard... not sure what other yellow skills would suit Saurus), but the Skinks are all of course 1 Star Power with like Sprint and Sprint/Pass and Dodge. Krox pretty much designs itself, though it seems like it ought to have its own unique Response ability, not sure what that would end up being.
>>
>>44461499
Not him,but i think he means that the quality has dropped in this couple months,i swear this place was better when the game came out,now we have lizzies spam,people buttblasted on everything,trolls.might be an impression,but i think it really did
>>
>>44460531
>>44462389

After the PPG and DSS or whatever the acronyms are, I would love to see another "good guys" league like OWA.
I like the Bretts and Lizards bringing in a combination of low-Star and skilled high-Star Power players, with Elves somewhere in the middle and a lack of BGs in the league as a whole(besides the Krox). A lack of cheating all around, but maybe some fouling on the Bretts, along with perhaps some downed skills on Men-At-Arms w/ wrestle.
>>
>>44460443
You say that like its a bad thing
BB2 is meant to be a prettier bb1
I'm just waiting for slippy froges
>>
a while back i saw itt a couple pics that showed how to set up your delf team in defence, i need the source if possible, as i can't find it
>>
File: Defence agaisnt 2ttd.jpg (45 KB, 455x153) Image search: [Google]
Defence agaisnt 2ttd.jpg
45 KB, 455x153
>>44463159
They helped me a lot
>>
File: Defence agaisnt bash.jpg (54 KB, 436x187) Image search: [Google]
Defence agaisnt bash.jpg
54 KB, 436x187
>>44463178
there was also one against 1ttd but I don't have it
>>
>>44462635

Fouling makes perfect sense for the Bretonnian Yeomen. I'd have been tempted to give it to the Peasants instead but having standing skills on basic linemen in this game seems really weird. Maybe a downed skill, instead?

It'd be nice to see Wrestle make it in as a text ability for the Yeoman. Something like having the option to down both players when a blank side is resolved on the block dice?
>>
>>44463178
>>44463197
thank you very much, anyone has some link or the ability to explain this?i would like some resonment to why these placings
>>
>>44463603
Alright the first picture >>44463178 is for stopping a 2 turn touch down. Your back players are positioned so that any blitz they make against one will force a dodge or an unfavorable push to avoid tackle zones. It forces the team to push down the 3 linemen and make its way down the middle, but surrounded by your players. >>44463197 is for bashy teams that want to hurt your WE or runners. Overlapping tackle zones protect your team from blitzes and forces most bashy teams to put players on the LoS in order to move around the tackle zones.
>>
>>44459654
>>44459596
Newbie here. How would you go about attacking the ball carrier? Chain push from a corner to expose the ball carrier?
>>
>>44463989
Pretty much, yeah. In that exact situation you can easily get a 2d blitz on a corner and then push out the ball carrier right so the chaos warrior can block him.
>>
>>44463929
thank you,but i disagree with the first pic, wouldn't put the second line 1 away form the first force the enmy to put his catchers nearer to eatch other?let's imagine a welf opponent, so 8 ma catchewrs ,he can just knock down the line(or just ignore it and dodge through the corners of their tz) and run in the middle, with 8 ma and a 2+ dodge through the witches tz his catchers can be put in a 11 tiles wide area, now if the witches were a tile back this area would be only 9 tiles, making it easier to base them and leaping through would be much harder(both the areas are counted without gfis).But i woudn't even do this, why not putting the witches in the middle?this makes them blitzable and is to be considered only againist a low bashy team,but by putting them in the middle you force your enemy to bllitz to open a way and would make his aviable area only 10 tiles in one of the "corners".i hope this was clear and i don't have to draw it
>>
>>44463989
wither that or you just put people in front of him(not base to base) and let him waste his attacking drive sitting in a square
>>
Omfg Halfings are so op
Stunty dodge and so cheep, can fly like rockets and score when ever they want. wtf you don't even need 2 tree men, they just win you the game

Can't wait till bb2 becomes the shire supremacy, demanding my gabe dollars back
>>
>>44466456

And goblins are even stronger! They're halflings with extra MA and AV!
>>
>>44466474
>implying trolls are as gud as rapewoods
You won't be patronizing me when you have 2in of halfling cock in your mouth
>>
>>44466474
>this poster has autism
>>
>>44464775
Would have worked but he was down 1 touchdown so I didnt need to move
>>44464045
I never let him start a turn with anyone standing next to the cage. That ss was at the start of my turn, But yeah its a bad cage. Newbies make no mistake
>>
>>44466456
You would love Albion Fae in stunty.
https://fumbbl.com/help:Albion+Fae
>>
>>44464756
This is the preferred setup for stopping a 2 turn TD and it does work. In your own scenario you either make blocks or dodges and risk a reroll to get as far down the middle of the pitch as possible. The runners are still open and if you dont mark the WE one will blitz one catcher back up to 2 squares because they have ST2. That's how this defense works, force your opponent to make risks on turn 1 and then collapse on them so their turn 2 is tougher to score on.
>>
>When you roll double skulls atleast 9 times in the first half and the enemy fails so few actions he has 4 rerolls left even though he rerolled a few block dice that werent even bad
>>
i want a deathroller but i didnt start with one and its too late to level one up far enough for it to be anything but worthless
tfw
>>
File: Protectivelineup vs 1 turn td.jpg (62 KB, 422x231) Image search: [Google]
Protectivelineup vs 1 turn td.jpg
62 KB, 422x231
>>44463197
>>
>>44469801

This is a pretty universal 1ttd defense, isn't it? Not specific to Dark Elves?

Unless they've got a MA10 Sprint player, you can't pull off a 1ttd without using the opposing team's scrimmage players. So the important thing is forcing them to set it up on one end of the mid zone or the other and then weighting your tackle zones like that.
>>
>>44469958
yes it's pretty universal
>>
I'm not hip on my ecelebs, which BB2 youtuber league is less cancerous, skittles/crendor or stripdor/strippin?
>>
>>44472511
Usually everyone watches cknoor. Sheepdog is pure shit. I am pretty sure The_sage posts on here. No one else tells people to go to his channel other than him.
>>
>>44469958
TTM 1ttd is slightly diffrent since you want to try to get tackle zones on the spot the stunty lands on.
>>
Ideal number of claw pieces? Ideal number of tackle pieces? Ideal number of guard pieces?
>>
>>44472757

Chaos or Nurgle?
>>
>>44472757
Ideal number of clawpombers is 4. 3 for the LoS and 1 for a blitz. Same 4 tacklers on the same pieces are the pombers. There is no such thing as too much guard.
>>
>>44472757
depends on how many orcs dwarves are in your league.
>>
>>44472932
>Tfw I run 9 guard 6 Dodge 7+st Linos on dwarf
>>
>>44473332
>playing dwarfs
You autistic monster.
>>
Post >yfw people who play as bashy teams like orcs, lizards, and dorfs bitch about claw pomb
>>
>>44462389
Can you elaborate (on all three really, but especially lizards?)
>>
File: 56b.jpg (249 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
56b.jpg
249 KB, 800x533
>>44473792
>>
>>44474230

Well, what I was thinking was we have Skinks, 1 Star Power, 0 Downed, and the starting deck's got 6 of those. I was thinking less than that initially which is why I had the idea of Sprint + Sprint/Pass but now I'm feeling it should just be Sprint/Pass with that many of them in the starting deck.

Then we'd have 5 Saurus star players 3 Star Power, 2 Downed - we give maybe 3 of those the Guard written ability and Block and call them Saurus Blockers or something. The remaining 2 I'd want to drop Guard, but keep Block and I was trying to think of some other player skill that would suit them but the team has a huge amount of Sprint already, Pass makes no sense, and Lizardmen don't really give the feeling of a Cheating/Fouling team like a lot of the others do. So it might just have to be one of the written abilities, or a unique Response, of which I don't know what would be a good fit.

Krox would be a 4/2 Star Power Sprint + Block, maybe put in Prehensile Tail as something like this (no thought to balance on this, literally just the first idea I had): "After rolling the block dice, you may change one die with the blank side to a Pow".

I've really given no thought on High Elves and personally would rather see Pro Elves, but Bretonnians seem pretty straightforward to me:

4 Knights - 3/1, Block + Pass, Response: If this player becomes the ball carrier, they gain Sprint (fits the flavor of these guys being showboaters). I'm tempted to also give them Dump Off but that seems like it'd be really good synergy with little effort.
4 Yeomen - 2/0, Block, Downed skill Cheat, Wrestle: If this player resolves a blank result on a block die, Down both players.
4 Peasants - 1/0, Guard, Downed skill Foul

Again this is all off the top of my head, no real concern for balance just thinking about the first pass at the flavor for the teams.
>>
>>44474679
I kindof wanted a Yeoman that was say 2/1 or 3/1, with a Block downed skill. Not sure whether to give him Block and/or Wrestle, but I guess you could do whichever and throw him in the star player deck.
I'm not sure how I feel about making the Yeomen cheat just for getting hit/using their skill, but I'm not sure what else to give them (I do like the Sprint being on the Knights). Overall I like the general idea of a team of SuperStars + Peons who don't mind getting hit.
You could maybe just do two Knights with just pass for the Sprint and Dumpoff rediculousness, and perhaps two more with a focus on blocking?
>>
So my 1050 tv human team got matched against a 2800 tv chaos murder team in bb2. I literally bought all the inducements plus 2 star players, Griff and Mork. I still lost 3-2 but no permanent injuries. Can I count that as a win?
>>
>>44476208
That's an incredibly solid showing bro-coach, glad to see you're not taking any shit from the matchmaking or conceding.
>>
>>44476208

Would've been great if Morg had killed someone.
>>
>>44476448
Actually chaos warrior with clawpomb injured Morg in second half and he spent a lot of time on the floor. Griff did much more with dodge and agi 4.
>>
>>44476208
You didnt lose at any rate
>>
Rolled 2, 3 = 5 (2d6)

Strip Ball, Wrestle blitz on caged ball carrier.
>>
>DE vs Slann
>my runner gets badly hurt first half turn 3
>journeyman MNG, but hes replacing an MNG so it dont matter
>slann manage 2 TD, dice just wont cooperate
>2nd half
>start smashing heads
>5 KO'S, 1 MNG
>turn 8 TD
man
runner going down fucking sucked, and i couldnt roll casualties for shit
still fun though
>>
>>44474679
Pro Elves?
>>
>>44479591

The basic Elf team. Most people refer to them as Pro Elves to avoid confusion.

I think they'd be more interesting to build than High Elves in BB: Team Manager because of the way they decided to interpret the Nerves of Steel skill in that game. Their catchers have it by default.
>>
>>44479647
So there are 4 elf teams?
>>
>>44479697

Yep.
>>
>>44479746
What's a rough breakdown of the differneces?
>>
>>44479796
Wood elves are comprable to skaven, stupid fast, less semetic
Dark Elves are non-scrub Amazons sorta, super defencive
Pro and High Elves are both "THE" passing teams, HE have better throwers and linemen who aren't just trash, Pro elves have better catchers and blitzers
I personally like the Princes the best
>>
>>44479796

High Elves and Pro Elves have similar play styles, they're the most pass-capable ones. High Elves do it by having a better thrower, Pro Elves do it by having better catchers. The main difference lies in armor and cost - High Elves have better armor overall, but pretty much every High Elf player costs more to hire than their Pro Elf equivalent. So Pro Elves can soak blows to the team in the long term better than High Elves while still maintaining performance.

Dark Elves are the red-headed stepchild - while they are capable of pass plays that most non-elf teams can't reliably do, they are slower than all the other elf teams (mostly MA6 to 7) and don't have any passing/catching starting positionals. Like the High Elves, Dark Elves have more AV8 than the other Elf teams, so Dark Elf teams have the luxury or being able to play bash against teams with a lot of AV7, while playing like slower elves against teams that are tougher than they are. Contributing to their running game is their Runner positional, who starts with Dump Off, meaning when you manage to break the cage and tackle the carrier, it's very likely it will just end up in the hands of another nearby elf.

Wood Elves are the most fragile of the Elf teams while just as expensive (more so in a couple cases) as High Elves, but they have two things to make them stand out. 1. They have access to a big guy in the Treeman, though most teams don't bother starting with one. 2. They have, hands down, the best starting positional in the game in the form of the Wardancer. The problem being is Wardancers are just as fragile as the rest of the team, Wood Elves only get 2 at a time, and they have a gigantic fucking target painted on their chests because of how dangerous they are.
>>
>>44479999
>So Pro Elves can soak blows to the team in the long term better than High Elves while still maintaining performance.
argueable
Pro elves with go through catchers and linemen far faster
>>
>>44479999

Oh yea, and Dark Elves also can have up to 4 blitzers, which is unique to them among the elf team and usually something found in the more bash oriented teams like Orcs or Humans. Yet another thing contributing to their running game over a passing game, makes it much easier for them to form the cage they need for a running game.
>>
What teams would you consider "crutches"?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.