[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 1410232106372.jpg (99 KB, 521x720) Image search: [Google]
1410232106372.jpg
99 KB, 521x720
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44395126

Pointlessly Specific Kobold Wizards Edition
>>
>>44405818
Who else uses spell points?

Anyone else seen the "ranged touch attack rogue/Mage?"
>>
I'm actually disappointing that the succubus trying at redemption couldn't just stay dead . The repercussions could change things for better or worse, possibly dooming the campaign, but you wouldn't have had to pull the 'just pretending'.

I don't even usually get salty about redemption attempts, but god. She only started turning away from evil from direct, helm of opposite alignment, level mind fuckery. Could just as easily get it refucked and be back to being a rank and file (though with a bitching stat array) demon.

I got room on my 'purge from this plane' list now that dragons are out of the picture. Maybe Fey next?
>>
>>44405992
Fey aren't bad unless you get Touhoufag-tier wanking over how wonderful and special and kawaii they are. Murder all the Qlippoth instead.
>>
>>44405992
Cleric player is a waifufagging pussy and the GM is apparently to shitty to deviate from the AP. Poor Palabro.

And was I the only one who noticed >>44404494 story changed? Before only he didn't want to attack the succubus, now only the paladin attacked and even knocked out the inquisitor. It's starting to feel like a "I don't play a game but here's how I think it would be if I played." storytime.
>>
>>44405976
"psychic" monsters, because it "wouldn't be right" for players to use such nonvancian.
>>
>>44405976
Are spell points an optional rule system by Paizo? I haven't heard of it.
>>
>>44405976
I've used spell points. Only they're called Power Points, and it's a Psion, not a psychic, and it's generally better balanced and more fun than anything Paizo's put out.
>>
>>44406165
There's an optional spellpoint system in 3.5, but it's not very well thought out and benefits prepared casters more than spontaneous.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/spellPoints.htm
>>
>>44406291
There's a really good 3.5 homebrew spell points variant, based on psionics. I recommend it highly; shouldn't be hard to port to PF.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?194002-3-5-A-Translation-of-Vancian-Spellcasting-to-Psionic-Mechanics
>>
File: powerpoints2.png (78 KB, 868x481) Image search: [Google]
powerpoints2.png
78 KB, 868x481
>>44406300
>http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?194002-3-5-A-Translation-of-Vancian-Spellcasting-to-Psionic-Mechanics
>300pp/day for wizard and 400 for sorcerer.
I dunno. Standard level 20 PF sorc has between 486 and 1100 pp/day, depending if he uses only spells augmented to full CL, only non-augmented, or something inbetween. Is more flexibility in spending worth cutting PP supply roughly in half?
>>
>>44395695
>>Fort: +43
>>Reflex: +29
>>Will: +36

Can someone please explain to me why the fuck these saves are so high? I get the fort save since the con is 40 but can't see why ref and will are so high given that it's a level 20 fighter.
>>
>>44405992
Technically it was a god mind fucking her.

As it should be, considering that creatures literally made of their alignment don't really get the "free will" excuse, it's built into them to make certain choices and follow certain drives.
>>
Okay, is there a way to slot psionics into Golarion? Any way to fluff them in?

I mean, I'm able to better fit in PoW. Black Thorn Knights just screams Cheliax, and it's obvious where the Wayward Path might be connected to.
>>
>Dimensional Dervish
>You can take a full-attack action, activating abundant step or casting dimension door as a swift action.
Does this mean that dimensional dervish requires Dimension door to be quickened or does it mean that taking the feat allows me to cast it as a swift?
>>
>>44406507
Adding Psionics To Your Game
If working in an existing campaign, applying
revisionist history might offer the easiest solution to
incorporate psionics. In this situation, psionics has
always existed in the world, the players were simply
ignorant of it. Psionic talent might only exist in far-off
parts of the world, or it might be hidden away due to
a history of persecution that the commoner has nearly
forgotten, or it might be that psionic creatures, items,
or people were assumed to be magical, and no one ever
corrected the assumption.
It could even be that creatures or people the players
have encountered had ties to psionics all along. That
band of goblins the party fought against may have been
part of a tribe led by a blue who now seeks vengeance
for his kin. An ousted, corrupt politician may have been
under the control of a thrallherd (see Chapter Seven:
Prestige Classes), a thrallherd who was secretly working
to set himself up as ruler. These previously unknown
ties allow the introduction of psionics into an ongoing
game without requiring breaking the immersion of the
world.
>>
>>44406507
>Okay, is there a way to slot psionics into Golarion? Any way to fluff them in?
No, there is absolutely no way something as obvious and outwards as power of mind will fit into subtle setting of pharaons with laser guns fighting Rasputin in WW1.
>>
>>44406507
Not too knowledgeable on the fluff, but maybe psionics is a type of casting that was developed to work well in the mana wastes?
>>
I'm the barbarian/alchemist TWF guy. Drinking an extract of bull's strength and drinking a strength mutagen will take two standard actions, which is too long to forgo at the start of a battle. Is there any way to make consuming these quicker, or drink them both at once? The feat allowing quicker drinking of a potion definitely does not work according to the FAQ.
>>
File: monkeygodmask.jpg (346 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
monkeygodmask.jpg
346 KB, 900x1200
Help me /pfg/
Trying to make a magic mask like pic related. I am giving it to my level 5 monk player but I dont have ideas for the effects (nor the knowledge to balance it in the campaign.)
What would be good effects for it? I like the idea that wearing it would be detrimental in some aspects.
>>
>>44406351
The goal included being better-balanced than the core classes.
>>
>>44406456

I'd argue she had free will the entire time, it's just she lacked perspective to really get what she was doing.

I mean consider what she is; Arueshalae is the deformed soul of a mortal whose mind and personality was wiped. To her, she was simply "born" into being a succubus and considers her being as just "how it is meant to be." Desna provided Arueshalae with the ability to understand what she was, and through it gain perspective on what she is.
>>
>>44406598
>What would be good effects for it? I like the idea that wearing it would be detrimental in some aspects.

Good effects include immunity to fear and compulsions.

The detriment is that the mask itself gives the wearer compulsions to womanize, steal and drink.
>>
>>44404899
Constable Cavalier? Maybe with Order of the Penitent?
>>
At the end of this mission, the level 5 party will stumble upon a huge treasure chamber -- and find that it's already been looted by a former adventuring party who left a signed note to taunt them. The writer of the note was the BBEG when they were a younger adventurer

However, they do get appropriate stuff - the idea is 'well we took all the good stuff but we left behind all the junk, and if we replaced our gear we left our old stuff behind'.
I've planned out all the actually useful stuff that they'll get - but what fun magic items could I throw in?
Stuff that would make a stronger adventurer party think 'what on earth is this even good for', but is amusing all the same.
>>
>>44406683
>>44404899
>>Ranger
>>Favoured enemy: Drow
>>
>>44406695
Pearls of power, level 1 and 2
Bracers of armour
Low-level scrolls or potions
Full plate
>>
>my GM wants to start using 20 point buy instead of 25 point buy
>try to point out that some classes won't work with 20 point buy
>"oh no you can't be perfect poor baby"
How do I bring him back to the light?
>>
>>44406721
Something like

>>Some of the lower-tier classes are more MAD than tier 1 or 2, and as such will benefit more by having a more generous point buy system, thus equalizing the gulf between the more powerful classes?
>>
>>44406721
Psst, 20 point is what the published material's balanced for.
>>
>>44406721
20 is fine.
>>
>>44406718
I'm giving them the necessary stuff like that already.
I mean, silly stuff that's still marginally useful.

Some ideas I have so far:
>Cracked mask of stony demeanour: bonuses to bluff are half of normal, but instead of a stoic face you are locked into a permanent smugface. You get the full unhalved bonus if you're bluffing to be more confident than you already are.
>Stamp of Frog: 1/day any object less than 1ft cube stamped by it will turn into a frog and start moving into its own accord, until someone makes a will save to disbelieve, where it then reverts back to normal
>Feather tokens
>>
>>44406507
They're actually already in.
One continent was mainly psionic, there's arguably psi-amps and the like for the aliens in numeria, and honestly, the more 'martial' psionic classes are actually a better fit to fighter and rogue fluff and the such than the failed classes that pretend they can do things when you ignore mechanics utterly.

A psychic warrior or warsoul makes a spectacular "magus" or "battlemage" or whatever.
>>
>>44406637
Good idea, but I feel like the monk would just throw the item away because if he does steal shit he would lose his monk abilities
>>
>>44406507
It's already there, it's all just "magic" to the peasants.

All the monsters use a point system for psionics already anyways.
>>
>>44406784

I'd go so far as to say acts forced upon the monk by the mask do not cause them to lose their monk abilities.
>>
>>44406772
Ring of Extreme Flatulence: Like Ring of Feather Falling but it casts Stinking Cloud too and only works 3/day
>>
>>44405992
>She only started turning away from evil from direct, helm of opposite alignment, level mind fuckery
I don't see how that's implied anywhere, Desna just showed her a nice dream and some memories of her past self.
>>
So, I'm the guy who might wind up GMing a oneshot or something for his sister and her friends, and I've got a barebones outline and shit set up, but just to run it by other people, how does this sound for a oneshot/introduction?

>Players all get a brief outline of a quickly done, shitty homebrew world because fuck trying to use Golarian
>They each get level 5 PCs, and I'll pass around a few premade sheets for stats, and let them figure out if they want to use them or not
>if I have to, I'll help them work through making new character sheets, but I'll have a bunch of "gear bags" to save time
>Scenario starts with them all hanging out in the adventurer's guild hall for some dingy town out in bumfuck nowhere, with a notice of an escaped wizard convict having fled in their general direction
>Someone comes to them and asks for help finding his daughter, when suddenly skeletons
>skeletons fucking everywhere, with a side of dead commoners getting raised as zombies
>start them off with a simple combat tutorial, before moving the players on to more and more skeleton champions, then a skeleton mage
>have them confront the source in a barn, they find the missing girl and the person behind the attack, The Great Mister Rattles, Gnome Necromancer and wanted criminal
>once they beat him, they find out that he wasn't even the mastermind behind the entire thing

Anything you can tell someone who's never GMed before to help things go smoothly? I tried to keep it from being too on-rails, but I've seen people try to play without any tracks set up at all and it usually just ended up with the whole thing crashing and burning.

I don't have anything to really enhance the experience, and am going to have to run this with a shitty laptop on one side of me so I can have the SRD handy and do dice rolls, because I don't have anything but d6's, and a bunch of printed out notes on the other side. How fucked am I?
>>
>>44406755
>>44406763
20PB is the minimum acceptable point buy before you should strongly consider slapping your GM. For example, try to build a monk on 20PB and you're going to be dumping both CHA and INT into the floor just to exist.
>>
What kinds of magic or wondrous items would beings like qlippoth, proteans, or kytons create?

Outer Sphere denizens seem like they would make some pretty funky shit.
>>
>>44400453
And that would be fine, so long as we will be allowed to take the downtime required to wait on the artisans.

But "15pb+drastically under wbl+you get what i give you and what I give you will not be what you need" means "play something that only needs at most one decent stat, where you're almost as effective naked as you are with gear". Suddenly I'm a Summoner cleric. >>44407227
Yep
>>
>>44407400
Aw jeez, WBL's a important thing. Why the hells would a GM skimp on that? If he wants to play that, why doesn't he just snag a OSR game? I'm mean, there's plenty of free ones out there.
>>
>>44407316
Qlippoth would probably create a vast network for communication between them where they would shitpost by saying things like "qlippoth a cute"
>>
>>44407316
Most outsiders seem not to use a lot of magic items, especially the non-humanoid ones. Qlippoth wouldn't use weapons, so probably just protective gear at most, except to use it would look like weird biological growths or something.
Kytons would probably make magic chains and piercings and shit.
>>
>>44407447
>Abysschan
>"DEMONS GET OUT REEEEEE"
>"tfw no qt protean gf"
>"jubilex never should've never turned demon, undersump's gone to shit"
>>
>>44406507
I'm GMing Iron Gods and I already found a solution. In one Occult book it says that in Numeria, people who enter Silver Mount tend to develop psychic powers. Basically psionics and occult classes alike tend to have the stereotype that they work with the Technic League. They won't be attacked on sight but they aren't going to be trusted easily either.
>>
File: 1451028714600.jpg (24 KB, 600x344) Image search: [Google]
1451028714600.jpg
24 KB, 600x344
>>44407400
>15pb+drastically under wbl+you get what i give you and what I give you will not be what you need
>peasant campaigns
>pathfinder
Someday people will learn to not do this shit, of course E6 is a thing so maybe not.
>>
How would a party with both a necromancer and a paladin work out?
>>
>>44407731
Depends what kind of necromancer. If he's raising undead he's gonna have to hide his shit from the paladin, which means they wouldn't be much actual use. Only other way is if there's incredibly strenuous circumstances that would force them to work together.
If he's just someone who uses necromancy magic but doesn't raise undead then they'll be fine, unless the paladin is stupid and superstitious.
>>
>>44407400
You know, that'd probably raise the value of a sorcerer compared to something like a wizard some. No worries about having a spell component pouch sundered or a spellbook stolen.
>>
>>44407759
>>44407731
>implying raising undead is evil
>>
>>44407768
In Pathfinder setting it is.
If you want to say it's not in your setting then go for it, make your own answer.
>>
>>44407731
A feat that males raising undead a not evil act, and a knowledge check from the Pally telling him that those zombies aren't like most zombies.
>>
>>44407759
Or maybe the necromancer always travels apart from the party and always puts on a disguise before he joins the fights, like some sort of masked hero. Only the paladin isn't in on it, but after the fight wraps up the necromancer always slips away while the paladin isn't looking.
>>
Going to have some fun with friends, thinking into playing a Shield Champion, am I going to suck? or should I play unchained monk instead?
>>
>>44407785
I play a semi necromancer who raises undead for strategic reasons.

>army of goblins behind us
>raise a few zombies to slow them down
>get extra time
>>
>>44407767
I would play sorcerer instead in such a scenario, yes.
>>
>>44407759
The circumstances are:
The necromancer is a cleric focusing on life/death, as in raising undead and healing.
The paladin is a holy gun of Erastil that says he wouldn't care much about the undead because he could just shoot the necromancer in the face if he acts up.
The matter is, are we raping the lore with this?
>>
>>44407874
No.
>>
>>44407874
Technically making undead should count as acting up.
But you're free to be more lenient with it in your campaign if that would be annoying.
Doing evil stuff for a good cause generally makes you neutral in any case.
>>
>>44405818
how do we fix seoni?
>>
>>44407949
Mythic already fixed her
>>
>>44407874
That actually sounds cool
>>
>>44407767
>>44407866
Has anyone ever actually had a spell component pouch or spell book/holy symbol stolen or sundered? I mean, I can't imagine even a bad DM thinking that's okay, so the only way I could see it happening is if the DM is actively out to get you.
>>
Does Markman not get a stat to damage or am I retarded?
From DSP.
>>
>>44408032
Shit I'm stupid I forgot to mention I meant the Kaigun archetype.
>>
File: 2hu Awoo.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2hu Awoo.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>player wants to play an Agathian-Blooded Aasimir Bloodrager
>asks if they can get a +2 bonus to strength from the variant abilities table
>the variant table results all replace the SLA
>it's a +2 to three ability scores

How would you handle this, /pfg/? Pic related
>>
>>44408075
I would let them do it because why not
Make sure to let the other players have nice things too though
>>
>>44408032
>>44408058
not by the look of it. Wis to damage in place of the rest of Evade Arrows, maybe?
>>
>>44408075
It gets a +2 to STR, WIS, and CHA. The WIS bump is decent, but it's not doing a fuckton for a bloodrager besides bumping their will save up a smidge.

I'd say go for it.
>>
>>44408075
I don't like the idea, but I don't see +2 to STR being particularly unbalancing - I'd probably ask around to make sure the other players are okay with it and then say go ahead if they are.

It's more important to me that everyone at the table be okay with something unusual like this than for me to be, since I'm pretty much 'seems powergamey, but on the other hand, it's just a STR bonus'.
>>
>>44408148
>since I'm pretty much 'seems powergamey, but on the other hand, it's just a STR bonus'
To me it's almost exactly like picking a variant tiefling heritage to fit with the attributes for a class, rather than just playing one of the stereotypical races for that class (or god forbid, ANOTHER FUCKING HUMAN)

That being said I'd probably have the player just choose the angel-blooded ability bonuses rather than just giving them a flat +2 to another score.
>>
>>44408202
Yeah, I'd definitely be okay with them picking whatever variant stats they wanted while still keeping the fluff of the awooo variant, if they wanted. It's specifically +2 to three stats that I'm less enthused about.
>>
File: 2hu momiji hol on a sec.jpg (383 KB, 878x930) Image search: [Google]
2hu momiji hol on a sec.jpg
383 KB, 878x930
>>44408095
>>44408134
>>44408134
Agathian-blooded is +2 to CON and CHA, so it would be a +2 to STR, CON, and CHA. With 25 PB you can have wind up with 18 STR and CON and still have enough points to shove them wherever. Stat spread they wanted to wind up with after racials was something like 18/14/18/10/10/12

I'm leaning more towards >>44408202 though, since then I don't have to try to placate anyone else with extra goodies to make up for the one asshole with three +2's. I think the only reason they didn't ask about that is they had bad experiences with other GMs being assholes about refluffing things.

They aren't actually sure if they're even going to play one, they just wanted to run it by in case we ever play Reign of Winter.
>>
File: 1417475263614.gif (183 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1417475263614.gif
183 KB, 500x500
>tfw too autistic to find a game so end up just buildcrafting endlessly
>>
>>44408075
nah, the race is strong enough already. just let him get +2 to just two ability score he wants and be of the celestial heritage he prefer, even allow him to choose the 2 skill bonuses if you want to.the variant bloods keep darkvision and resistences on top of better ability scores.

it's not a big bonus that will overthrow the campaign, but i don't see the reason to give free shit to the player without a reason. everyone might say " i am ok with this", but deep down they might be screaming " WHYYYYYY" and feel it as unfair, especially if they choosed an human which has way lower "race points" than motherfucking aasimar.
if he wants more strenght he'll motherfucking buy a belt of strenght.
>>
>>44408352

Someone as cute as you should have no trouble finding game!

For real though, look on Roll20 and apply like you're a real human bean.
>>
>>44407949

Hormone control to soothe the burning in her loins.
>>
JJ has come to you and asked you to create two more bloodlines for both briefings and aasimar. What are they?
>>
>>44408202

Angel-blooded don't have fluffy tails, anon.

They can't even wan.
>>
>>44408314

Speaking of, has anyone *actually* made a Momiji in a campaign? Because now that we know she's Agathion-blooded it's only a matter of time until someone decides to roll with it.
>>
>>44408464
not him, but fluffy wings are good to no?
>>
>>44406695
A large pile of Tree Feather Tokens inside a Horn of Fog
>>
>>44408542
How about a pile of feather tokens (dildo)
>>
>>44408436
>briefings

Boxer and man-thong
>>
File: Pikes.jpg (259 KB, 1200x740) Image search: [Google]
Pikes.jpg
259 KB, 1200x740
Hey /pfg/, I want to make some sort of pikeman, or just polearm, fighter and have him not totally suck. I've usually stuck with some sort of caster, before so this is a bit of a new experience.

No third party stuff since the GM's got some sort of fobia against it.
>>
>>44408934
No 3rd party? That stinks.

Paladin with a Glaive would be my recommendation. Get yourself around 14 DEX and Combat Reflexes. It should allow you to smack people around and take advantage of the AoOs that monsters will trigger. If you can, Improved Trip will help make you better at locking down enemies, but Trip got hurt bad by paizo basically anything with more than 2 legs is going to laugh off any attempts at tripping it.
>>
>>44409007
Yeah I know, it's shitty, but it's his game, so I'll just deal with it.

I'll look into the glaive paladin.
>>
>>44409109
Just to be clear, I'm recommending Paladin because of their chassis, not necessarily because they synergize particularly well with polearm builds. They're more neutral on that front, but they have a very solid chassis to work with if you can reasonably expect your DM not to spend the whole campaign trying to make you fall.

Rangers and Slayers are also good options for similar reasons with slightly less restrictive roleplay.
>>
>>44406701
>not just removing Favored Enemy and replacing it with Studied Target
>>
>>44408477
>has anyone actually made a Momiji in a campaign

I think that's what inspired the player to make an Agathian-blooded, really. That and if we ever play RoW they wanted to awoo Greta.
>>
File: PunyGreta.png (68 KB, 1289x282) Image search: [Google]
PunyGreta.png
68 KB, 1289x282
>>44409167
At the very least it means that when their cover is inevitably blown and they're revealed to not be a Winter Wolf, they can at least try and pretend that they actually ARE a Winter Wolf, they were just disguising themselves as a stronger, tougher, faster one.
Reminder that Greta would fall head-over-heels for them even in their normal awoo form, because she's a pasty noodle-armed nerd compared to other Winter Wolves.
>>
>>44408436
Sakhil and Spawn-blooded (Rovagug powered) for tiefling.

Manasputra and Axiomite for aasimar
>>
File: 1416704608901.gif (885 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
1416704608901.gif
885 KB, 500x504
>>44408404

Looked through it and couldn't find games that fit my criteria (sane schedule for Europe, text-only, noob-friendly). Oh well.
>>
Update time!

Nonmagical item enhancements have been updated with corrected wording, some rebalancing, and most importantly a pricing scheme and creation method that mirror the magical for simplicity. The two can still be used side by side on the same weapons, and no longer interfere with each other when doing so.

The Iron Baron archetype has been added to the document as well. Channeling rust and neglect, he exploits flaws in enemy equipment (even natural weapons!) to shatter them into uselessness. Eventually, when he breaks magical items, he can direct the forces released into destructive blasts.

Feedback is always welcome (and very much needed!)
>>
>>44409305
Where has Sslarn gone?
>>
>>44405818
So I asked yesterday for advice regarding healing here >>44399517
And got a pretty good answer. However, when I replace a maneuver, what should be replaced, and what should I replace it with?
>>
>>44409252
I look at that face, and all I can wonder is if Shino is crying because she's staring at Aria's breasts again.
>>
>>44409321
Life got busy man; it's the holidays. for some people, that's the busiest time of year.

I'll admit I'm worried about him, but give it some time. He'll turn up eventually.
>>
>>44409321
Still off coms, I'm afraid. As soon as he's back and active, we will let you all know.
>>
I guess the SRD hasn't gotten all of the stuff from WMH yet, because it's still missing Martial Focus.

>>44408934
>No third party stuff since the GM's got some sort of fobia against it.
Yuck. Tell your GM to come to /pfg/ so we can all tell him he's wrong and to allow DSP material. Dragoon archetype for fighters is able to threaten enemies at close range with their lances, and I believe they qualify for the WMH feats so you can lance cannonballs out of the air.
>>
>>44409252

>text only

Why?
>>
>>44409337
Generally the lowest level maneuver you've got that you like the least. Depending on your exact build goals that might change, such as if you're trying to ensure you'll have access to all the 9th level maneuvers from your disciplines, but for the most part replace low level stuff with higher level stuff and get rid of maneuvers you don't use as often.

From the list you posted, I'd recommend dropping Scything Strike unless you use it a lot. It really doesn't scale into higher levels and there are better options for multi-target maneuvers available as you level.
>>
>>44409435

Because I'm not a native English speaker so I'm shit at spoken improv. Also it feels weird roleplaying different gender characters that way.
>>
>>44409453
Hmm, that sounds like a good idea, getting close-ish to level 6. It's been really useful to me so far though, I'll look around through the material. I'm kind of focusing on being an intimidate monster
>>
>>44409490
The nice thing about PoW is that you don't have to worry too much about messing up your build if you make an off choice. Most maneuvers will at least be useful. So as long as you're focusing on the theme you want (intimidation, in your case) you should be alright.

Also, buy a CON belt and bump your CON next time you get a stat up. 14 CON should give you most of the HP you need unless you're extremely unlucky.
>>
So why are so many level 9 maneuvers just "do a load of damage with a SoD tacked on" it feels kinda.. meh, especially with a discipline like silver crane that has so much potential for interesting effects.
>>
>>44409213

I really hate to do this to you, but my autism demands I explain why this won't work.

>At the very least it means that when their cover is inevitably blown and they're revealed to not be a Winter Wolf, they can at least try and pretend that they actually ARE a Winter Wolf, they were just disguising themselves as a stronger, tougher, faster one.

That isn't how Winter Wolves work, they're either completely human or completely wolf, and only when they're in The Howlings can they be human (albeit with a big ole cloak.) A Momiji would be shown as a non-Woof right away.

>because she's a pasty noodle-armed nerd compared to other Winter Wolves.

This meme needs to be replaced by the reality of Greta's situation. She's slightly weaker than the average Winter Wolf, but she's just as tough and has better dexterity, on top of better intelligence and much more charisma.

Greta is not a pasty noodle-armed nerd. She is too tough, too attractive and too swift for that. She is a gym bunny that spends most of her time in Yoga or the Treadmill. She is the student that works out her core, and looking damn good doing it in her high-end designer work-out clothes.

In other words, Greta is the girl with that tight butt looking very good in yoga pants.
>>
File: Zed_0.jpg (338 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
Zed_0.jpg
338 KB, 1215x717
So stalker/umbral blade is the closest thing to zed?
>>
>>44409576
To me, it just seems natural that a 9th level maneuver should be incredibly powerful rather than have a ton of utility. Power usually means "utility" in pathfinder, but a 9th level maneuver will still feel powerful if you can make a dragon explode with it.
>>
>>44409576
I've asked similar questions myself. There isn't really one specific answer that can be given. It depends on the author and the discipline in question.

Most maneuvers can be broken down to damage+rider as is, and the 9ths just follow that same kind of breakdown.

For Silver Crane specifically, I remember a conversation with ErrantX I had about the purpose of healing with Silver Crane. Essentially, the Silver Crane healing was meant to be supplemental. It was never intended to replace conventional healing, nor was it supposed to be the major focus of the discipline. That's why it isn't reflected in the 9th level maneuver for Silver Crane.
>>
>>44409655
Honestly, that sorta has always bothered me. Why don't we have more maneuvers that are specifically movement/teleport/utility based? Stuff like dispels, jumping around, AoE party buff(Golden Lion is bad. Everyone knows it, and it's in severe need of buffs.), or stuff that does a thing beyond Damage+SoD/SoS/Debuff.
>>
>>44409711
...Shattered Mirror says hi?
>>
>>44409740
Shattered Mirror is a good step in the right direction, but the PoW stuff really falls behind. As-is, stuff like Veiled Moon even if just a big ball of "Meh. I guess it's decent?"
>>
>>44409711
>>44409740
I think that they need more stuff like Desert Wind's maneuvers. Desert Wind had major problems, but creativity in maneuvers was not one of them. Stuff like "move across the battlefield to custom draw an aoe", "rocket jump to charge", "make a vaguely-defined snake out of fire..."
>>
>>44409711
If you look at maneuvers as a breakdown by type it makes more sense:

Strikes are attacks. They fit the Damage+rider paradigm most directly. Which makes sense because they are things the initiator does to another person.

Counters are negation effects. They prevent bad stuff from happening to the initiator. There's a few that have additional effects, but they're primarily a thing the initiator does to themselves.

Stances and Boosts are modifiers to other actions. And they're also where you see the most unique effects like new movement modes, additional movements, extra rider effects, and modifications to existing actions. Honestly I think it makes sense to put them here because they have the least action economy impact and have the broadest base ability for manipulation.

>(Golden Lion is bad. Everyone knows it, and it's in severe need of buffs.)

Well it's news to me. I've been around for a long time and no one has brought any issues with Golden Lion to my attention, nor has any of the characters I've used it with or who have benefited from it had any complaints about its effectiveness. So if there's some kind of issue that PFG knows about, they've been keeping it secret for a while now.
>>
>>44409823
>It's news to me

Really? You haven't noticed that almost nobody ever uses it, ever, for anything? The few things it does get are lackluster, and require you to have a really heavy degree of cooperation between builds in the party, which usually doesn't happen.
>>
In order to do Advanced Weapon Training so I can get the Fighter's Finesse feat to allow my Weapon Training choice (polearms) to get finesse, I have to take 5 levels in Fighter, right?

If I swap to Warlord after those 5, do my Fighter levels count as half for Initiator level even if I took Myrmidon?
>>
>>44409778
Curious, how would you rank the current PoW disciplines?
>>
File: smack.gif (444 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
smack.gif
444 KB, 500x252
>>44409305
Alright.
First: This is a lot more readable. The rules are less of a headache to try and decipher, which is good.

Second: This is a huge improvement over the previous version.

That said: A few things are Pic Related.
A +5 magic weapon gets +5 attack, +5 damage, and ignores all except DR/- (which is extremely rarely higher than 6~10 by CR 20).

By contrast, that would be the entirety of your nonmagical system upgrade's +10, except it would give you +3 attack, ignore only up to 20 DR, and give +6 to damage. Or it would but for some reason Accurate and Lethal are incompatible. Pic Related.

The most facepalm inducing remains the presence of (MELEE WEAPONS/Ammunition) ON FUCKING EVERYTHING. Seriously. WHAT THE FUCK?

You can't make a crossbow more accurate?
You can't make a throwing knife shaper(honed)?
You can't add a secondary pulse system so your arc rifle does a tiny extra bit of discharge on a hit(double impact)?
You can't make a motherfucking GUNBARREL out of hyperdense materials so it can handle higher pressures and fire with more force?

People can come up with tons of ways of applying various upgrades to various things.

Those fucking parentheses have been sitting there, retardedly gaping at us with their flipper hands from the first version of the document.

REMOVE THEM.
THEY ARE NOT TO CONTINUE EXISTING.
>>
>>44409823
>Well it's news to me.
I like the concept of Golden Lion enough that I built an entire character around it.

The maneuvers themselves almost never get used.
>>
>>44409873
Fighter levels count as full levels
>>
>>44409553
Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Stat up is next level, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for any con belts, thanks
>>
>>44409823
Golden Lion is farked by virtue of everything being melee only. Several disciplines are inexplicably overloaded in this way (you can heal-stab with silver crane but you can't heal-shot, you can swift-greatsword with riven hourglass but you can't swift-revolver-shot, and so on). Golden Lion is particularly melee-focused though, basically unable to do anything else.

So those who'd often want to use it have basically any and every option be a better choice in any given turn, because they're either in melee (where they could use golden lion but will get far far more mileage out of other strikes, debilitations, boosts and stances) or they're at range (and so they flat out can't use it) like an archer bard or such.
>>
>>44409854
I don't know anything about what anyone does in their games unless they tell me. But in my Kingmaker campaign the party's Oracle/Warlord/Battle Templar has been spamming golden lion maneuvers to great effect. Encouraging Roar has turned over a dozen misses into hits, and Defending the Pride personally kept my Warder from being incapped by a giant fungus.

>>44409887
Like I said, I don't know what works or doesn't unless someone tells me. I don't spy on people's PoW games, and even if I could do that I probably wouldn't. Seems rude.
>>
>>44409940
Related to Golden Lion, comboing these two traits make Golden Lion boosts (And their ultimate) last 4 rounds.
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Community-Minded
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Memorable
>>
>>44409880
+5 weapons still fail to ignore DR based on damage type, such as DR 5/Bludgeoning, FYI.
>>
>>44409936
Also yea this. The fact that nearly everything in PoW is melee-only, and that the two ranged disciplines are sorta... lackluster at best, is also somewhat of an issue.
>>
I don't get how the occultist works.
>>
>>44409982
I've been giving the party 3rd Encouraging Roar all campaign with my aegis.

However that's literally the only thing out of golden lion that's remotely usable for me, and even if forced into melee I've better options elsewhere.

Golden Lion isn't... necessarily bad, but it's a discipline you wish someone ELSE was using FOR you.
>>
>>44409986
Unless of course the weapon is bludgeoning. Or B/P, etc.

Which it probably can be thanks to the 300gp "expanded damage type", one of the best customizations available for your buck I'll give you that.
>>
Is there a domain, subdomain or inquisition for someone who attacks nature and kills all the critters of the woods?
>>
>>44409986
And the weird stuff like DR/vorpal, DR/wood, DR/glass, etc.
>>
>>44409936
Point of order, most of the healing boosts in silver crane work just fine with ranged attacks. Only the strikes are mostly melee only.

I'll take your concerns under consideration, but most of GL's boosts have a range of 30 ft. for buffing purposes. Just because the initiator needs to get stuck in it, doesn't mean that the beneficiaries need to be in the thick of things too.

>>44409993
There's actually like, 4 or 5 ranged disciplines, with ranged friendly maneuvers scattered around in other disciplines. Only two of them are noted as ranged specific, but Steel Serpent, Elemental Flux, and Silver Crane all have notable support for ranged maneuvers, with Riven Hourglass, Sleeping Goddess and Black Seraph having lesser, but still a fair amount of support. They're not advertised but a lot of maneuvers are "any attack" or "next attack" and don't have melee-only requirements.

>>44410078
This is something I can see the issue with. Unfortunately that kind of comes with the whole "support the team" paradigm. Just like how wizards aren't technically killing the monsters when they buff the fighter with haste, it doesn't mean you aren't contributing.

----------------------------------

Just to be clear to the anons on this board, I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. I'm not trying to sound dismissive, just hoping to clarify things and help. I'm making notes of your complaints for future use, so please don't think that I'm being dismissive. Thank you for the feedback.
>>
>>44409584
She is attractive yes. But to other Winter Wolves, especially those in the line of work that she does IE guardposts and defense, she's hilariously ill-suited for it. She's weaker than the average WW (let alone one that is better-built to be a guardsman) , only as tough as average instead of being tougher, and her CHA/INT positives aren't really all that useful for her job. She's ridiculously misplaced in what she should be doing with her attributes, and it's only the fact that she's still got amazing attributes COMPARED TO A HUMAN that lets her keep her job.
>>
>>44409305
Link to the document if you please, PsyBomb?
>>
>>44409711
I agree with this, but not on 9ths. First and foremost, disciplines are martial arts, they are about in some way delivering violent intent. The 9th-level maneuver (and I firmly believe that there should only be one 9th per discipline, both for balance and for theme) is the ultimate conclusion of that delivery. It should just-about-always be a strike, because strikes are the conclusion of the progression of maneuvers (stances are your readiness, boosts are your specific wind-up for this attack, and the strike is the follow-through). The epitome of the discipline is how it delivers the hurt.

But I would definitely like to see more utility and mobility in the disciplines, particularly at *low* levels.
>>
>>44410147
Actually, for black seraph, all the non AoE/Ranged touch attack maneuvers are melee range only.
>>
>>44409655
I still think a save or die doesn't really work with a "holy warrior of light" I guess. Maybe it'd be better if it were more like a monk's quivering palm where it could be used to just incapacitate if so chosen.
>>
>>44409305
>Costs the same as magic, but the bonuses don't scale as well at all, and it doesn't get any special properties

>DR ignoring one
is basically useless because Adamantine exists

>Defensive
>works off Combat Expertise, aka The Worst Feat

>Durable
Okay, this one is actually good. The price should be a flat amount, however, not a +1 equivalent.

>Double Impact
Okay, the fuck are you smoking? Seriously, man, what the fuck. It's like you tried to fix Flaming or something, but decided to do it in a really shitty way. Just have it be something like it does the weapons base damage dice again.

>Forceful
>Combat maneuvers
>With a penalty
>To something that you already have maybe a 50% chance of succeeding at if you heavily spec into it
Do you SERIOUSLY think that a once per round addition of a crappy maneuver is the equivalent of a +3 enchantment? The answer is no, not it isn't. Even the fucking 3.5 Dungeoncrasher would tell you to fuck off with that bullshit.

>Hardened
Good idea. Too bad you're still trying to fucking price it with the magic weapon pricing scale, which makes it useless. Use flat prices. Use. Flat. Prices. None of this shit is seriously useful enough to take over magic. It is objectively worse in just about every way, and in a very serious way. Flat prices, or just don't bother.

>Hollow
See above. Good idea, pricing as a magic weapon is ridiculous. Flat prices are what it needs.

>Honed
See above.

>Hooked
See Forceful

>Hyperdense
Good idea. Again, flat pricing or stop trying. Also, seriously, halving the range increment? Why? Just let it be applicable to bows and other ranged shit.

>Jagged
Flat. Prices.

>All the other +X equivalents
Flat. Prices. Or. Don't. Bother. Seriously, people want to be able to actually use it. Do you know when people want mundane enhancements? In games that are low-gold, when they want to make a mundane-crafter, or when they want a workable alternative to magic. This system? See next comment.
>>
>>44410233
It's only save or die for undead and fiends though right? Makes sense to me as an "exorcism" attack.
>>
>>44410233
smite evil and that one paladin spell effectively IS a save or die.
>>
>>44410160

Which just goes to show her talents are being wasted on guard duty, although the fact Greta is longing for a mate and is very receptive to diplomacy makes me wonder just how she's having trouble finding one.

Like, just her strength is lower than average, everything else is higher or equal to the norm. Shouldn't a male wolf want to mount that? Does she have a reputation in The Howlings, which is admittedly a very small selection of potential mates? It's implied she's lazy and corrupt given her habit of accepting bribes or flimsy excuses, but is that something other Wolves find distasteful?

I think there's a lot to her character that can be expanded on, and maybe if we prod Paizo enough they might go about doing it.
>>
>>44410242
This system? Almost none of those. It MIGHT fit the mundane crafter or low gold, IF they follow the standard price reductions for mundane crafting that you can acquire.

>All Minor Modifiers
These are actually pretty neat. It works decently well, it's cheap, it's useful, it does what it tries to in a nice simple way. This part is good. Expanded Form could probably use a price reduction, granted, but overall this part is at least useful.

The rest of it, however, needs fixing. It needs price reductions, it needs proper scaling, it needs clarification if mundane crafting price reductions function with it.
>>
When did /pfg/ become /dspg/?

The majority of every thread is PoW this, Spheres that. When will the shilling end?
>>
>>44410531
Because Paizo content, 80% of them time is pure horseshit.
>>
>>44410147
You can see though how the initiator needing to get stuck in can dissuade people from using that discipline, when there's so many very tasty stuck-in disciplines. One does have to - after all - choose their limited number of readied maneuvers, as well as how to spend each of their actions in the 3-4 rounds an average combat lasts.

Golden Lion could probably use some ranged maneuvers, in a "fire-team leader" style, or even to let your rubato(how is that not having riven hourglass just read that archetype!) guide the melees with opening volleys or something. It's not like the numbers in golden lion are particularly bad, it's just... unwieldy?

Elemental Flux is one of the best ranged support disciplines outright, and overall tends to be a better pick even for a pure gunner than Solar Wind. Actually, it's just a superb bloody mix of damage, riders and utility all around.
>>
>>44410531
Spheres isn't even DSP and we don't talk about it that much anymore anyway.

But if you want to talk about something else, go right ahead. Every thread we usually have at least someone sharing some story or asking how your game is going. We'll talk about other stuff if it's interesting.
>>
>>44410531
we talk about what we use.
as you can see from some of the posts very near your very comment, the people here are in no way pulling their punches.

The difference is that no matter how much you scream at paizo, you still end up with the kineticist.
>>
Playing my third session of Pathfinder, wish me luck! Hopefully I didn't screw up my barbarian build.
>>
Has anyone played a Motherless before,? How did party members or NPCs react?
How exactly did they look other them "ugly", and did that factor into relationships?
>>
>>44410634
Okay, what tier is kineticist again? People seem to focus entirely on potential damage and not enough on utility.
>>
>>44410634
Well, it's always nice to vent, you know.
Half of the time, after all, if we have a complaint about, for example, Golden Lion, it's because we've recently used that thing and ran into a problem.

No need to take it personally when we're all just letting the dead character anguish out.

>>44410650
>do you rage?
>do you power attack?
>do you kill things dead like you're supposed to?

If you answered yes to at least three of these questions, you may want/need some advice, but you at least did not fuck up.
>>
>>44410682
The kineticist is a shitty design no matter how you look at it. Dumb buildposter arguments don't change that.
>>
>>44410682
well, potential damage is only an issue in regards to "other guys that can do your exact job" and/or "reasonable clear-speed" parameters.

The kineticist's damage problem lands the Occult book versions of the class squarely in "has difficulty achieving its primary advertised capabilities even with extensive optimization", which is why the damage is so important compared to usual tier checks. It's like if a barbarian couldn't kill shit ded while raged, because he was too puny and too inaccurate.

Utilitywise, the kineticist is so-so. It would be a clean T4 (and I believe the gambler is?) except the 'so-so at other things' gets marred by the fact that in most versions its main supposed job: murderfucking things with elemental death, isn't something it's actually good at.
>>
So what would Mundane Enhancements need to do in order to stay competitive? Equivalent's of "magical" effects within reason? Like a flaming sword being something like Fallout's "Shiskebab"?
>>
>>44410682
No one plays the "elemental master of destruction" class to solve fucking puzzles for the party.
>>
>>44410572
With the best possible intentions, I think that there's this strange dichotomy where people seem to want maneuvers to simultaneously be less all about the damage, and complain when their maneuver damage falls short.

To me, Golden Lion is a good example of the kind of things a support discipline should be able to do. I get that its maneuvers aren't on the level of Thrashing Dragon or Primal Fury, or even Mithral Current maybe, but it's a decision you make with your character concept whether you want to focus on team support or on soloing baddies yourself.

There has to be a tradeoff, but at the same time, every time your Encouraging Roar turns a miss into a hit, or your Pyrite strike causes the enemy to provoke an AoO that kills them, it's the GL initiator that deserves the credit for that work.

Maybe I'm not seeing things from the same perspective, but buffing your allies is still adding damage and utility that you don't find elsewhere.

Are there specific maneuvers that are causing issues? I'm trying to get some perspective and a better grasp on what the issues actually are.
>>
>>44410785
Oh man you're missing out.
There's a special something about trying to do exactly that, when your destructive capabilities are - obviously - high enough to begin branching out into other roles.

>How do I solve this color and shapes puzzle with an ion cannon?
>How do we Dual-Wielding-Howitzers the most glorious wedding this side of the galaxy for our cleric?
>Broadside Diplomacy. Like, actual diplomacy
>What can I laser to make this knowledge check more easy or less critical?
>Divining tomorrow's weather with plasma strikes
>>
>>44410678
I haven't played one, but I've created character concepts.
>>
Is there anyway to make a kinetisist not suck without house rules?
>>
>>44410682
Kineticist is T5, T6 or less with anything less than amazing optimization. Earth/Air can kiiinda sorta brush maybe really low T4, but even those're fairly meh.

>Have playtest board
>4000+ posts in main kineticist thread
>Hundreds of secondary threads with playtest info formatted for you
>Still doesn't read it
This is, literally, what Paizo did.
>>
>>44410886
>t, when your destructive capabilities are - obviously - high
Except they're not high?
>>
>>44410929
No, not really. Abandon it altogether and don't bother.
>>
>>44410929
You play a kineticist Psion
>>
>>44410929
Yes, it's called "Port everything about the 3.5 Warlock over and call it a Kineticist".
>>
>>44410988
But the warlock was fairly meh?
>>
>>44410988
>3.5 Warlock
>not still shit
>being a demon fucker
>>
>>44411013
It's still better-designed and more fun to play than a Kineticist.
>>
File: Ion.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Ion.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
>>44410941
and that's why kineticist is shit.
awesome with a warsoul tho.
>>
>>44411013
>>44411018
Warlock's easy to fix. Remove the alignment requirement, change the DR and elemental resistances they get to match a certain theme based on a Sorcerer Bloodline or Witch Patron they'd get access to. Also, get an Invocation every level instead of only 12 over the 20 levels.
>>
>>44411068
Don't forget to let them make full attacks with their basic eldritch blast.
>>
So pretty much the best kinetisist houseful is just getting rid of burn?
>>
>>44410988
You have to add Hellfire to the Warlock BASE CLASS, scatter it about the class's progression from the entire playable levels, then give it in-class way to heal Con damage to call Warlock a well-made class.
>>
Hello everyone. I'm that guy from a few threads ago making the level 20 fighter.

Here he is in his finished form:
>http://pastebin.com/62C1eicW

Feel free to pick it apart. I probably did math wrong in places or forgot a ruling, but this is my attempt at a level 20 fighter.
>>
>>44411068
I always liked giving them an invocation every level, two on the levels they hit a new invocation tier. Gives them plenty to play with, makes the class much more fun albeit still pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>44411068
Also this
>>44411095
And some sort of stat-to-damage thing
>>
>>44411124
Oh and just a warning, he's a fucking long character. Despite only having fighter levels he has Alchemist, Barbarian, Sorcerer, & Wizard class features.

I did manage to have him only have fighter levels though.
>>
>>44409252
I'm in a text-only, noob-friendly, RP-heavy game with people spanning America and Spain. We're up all hours. Drop your email, and I'll send it to the GM. We're pretty much always recruiting.
>>
>>44409305
which book is this? I love crafting, but hate that it cucks mundane folks so hard, so this is of deep interest. Sorry, I haven't been around for a while.
>>
File: Ubel-blatt-2630439.jpg (319 KB, 1200x858) Image search: [Google]
Ubel-blatt-2630439.jpg
319 KB, 1200x858
Hey /pfg/, how do I pic related? Open to anything on pfsrd or archives of nethys.
>>
>>44411227
Possibly Aberrant Aegis, flavoring tentacles as blades. Don't use the grab, either.
>>
Anyone have the agents of evil book? More specifically anything involving the insinuator antipaladin?
>>
>>44410242
It seems to me like an odd supplement to magic weapons (or a replacement if all you want is numbers), meant to be gotten at mid and higher levels, not super low levels. For adding to a magic sword for extras at low opportunity costs, or going all in, then adding magic to get the special abilities.
>>
File: 1396908826231.gif (1000 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1396908826231.gif
1000 KB, 500x281
>>44411181
[email protected]

Sounds interesting.
>>
>>44411368
If it's meant for mid to high levels, then why the fuck does it not actually give anything that Magic gets you at all? It doesn't do jack SHIT at mid to high levels.
>>
>>44411108
It's not the best, it's the easiest though. Getting rid of burn is a pretty large step in the right direction. If I could find the link I could post the kineticist conversion I did a while back.
>>
>>44411108
You'll at least need to come up with something to prevent them from getting infinite hp with force ward in that case
>>
>>44411220
The book is Steelforge, link is in the OP. Posting from phone (pesky errands), or I'd give the direct link
>>
>>44411493
see
>>44410242
>>
>>44411493
no worries. I dink around in your docs often enough. I just haven't looked at that one yet. I've been too busy drooling over Arcforge :p
>>
>>44411472
One aspect of burn that sucks it that it is an unhealable nonlethal damage, which means to do your best you need to put yourself into danger constantly. Making burn a separate thing that if you acts as a third thing that makes you pass out if you get enough burn damage as full damage to knock you out but not influenced by the damage you already have would be best, because you already have to keep track of the nonlethal burn you can't heal anyways.
>>
Hmm, mixed feelings about a session today.
I know some of the players are more keen on roleplay than on fights so during the fight I threw a fairly high will save at them and half of them got trapped in extended illusions.

They weren't attacked during it and rather than fighting on their turn they sort of had to deal with the illusion and figure out how to escape the threat or get to the exit.
One of my players said they didn't quite like it because once you begin combat you should just stay in combat mode and see it through.

What are /pfg/'s thoughts on the idea?
>>
A couple of years back, I tried to use Golarion for a campaign after reading the Tale of an Industrious Rogue before it was finished, but reading about the setting it really seems to be just a mishmash of random horseshit thrown in along with deviations from the cliché just because it's cliché. It comes across as a thoroughly unfocused and nearly unusable heap of shit, to me.

Am I alone in this? I've had people tell me it's great but I'm not sure they've ever run a game with it.
>>
>>44411792
Individual countries are useful and large enough to go from level 1 to 20 in. More than 2-3 countries or regions and everything gets really confused.
>>
>>44411124
Dear christ.
>>
>>44411792
Either get a AP or two, or choose a area and stick with it.

BTW, do we have any ideas on any areas that really havn't been used yet?
>>
>>44411882
A planar adventure, or more specifically one that is almost entirely on one plane.
>>
>>44411788
Depends on the people. Some people like different shit, man.
>>
>>44411948
Yeah, but I'm just wondering if my idea might have gone over better with a different crowd or if I'm the only one who thinks it was good.
>>
>>44411991
Well, yeah, it'd probably work better with people who're fine with it.
>>
>>44412028
It's amazing how your replies are saying nothing of actual use.

I'm asking 'what do the people here think of X' and you're saying 'different people like different things', which isn't a direct answer to the question.

But I guess you've won because this has turned into too much of a pain to chase further.
>>
>>44411124
So any other thoughts besides horror?
>>
>>44406421
>http://pastebin.com/62C1eicW
This is the link to the finished character sheet.
>>
>>44412103
I think that non-combat stuff inside of combat is probably fine as long as it's done well and doesn't just feel like an asspull.
>>
How does one get Riven Hourglass?
>>
>>44411788
I generally don't like to have out of combat thing sin combat merely because you then have to measure out of combat things in 6 second increments, which can get weird.
>>
Who here actually has experience with playing the game at level 20? Mine is only from a series of one shots (eight or so) that took 1-3 sessions.
>>
>>44411788
I think you could do it better by trapping them in a mindscape or something, because then you could have it all happen instantly in real time, which takes care of the problem >>44412226 points out. That aside, I think it could be okay if it's used rarely (like once) as a method of doing some character development in an appropriate fight. IE, like the BBEG or some mentor forcing the PCs to confront some kind of personal fear.
>>
>>44412273
Almost nobody.
>>
>>44412326
That's what I've seen. A lot of people TALK about high level, but no one actually plays at high level. Stuff like "lol wish geas" gets thrown around when it's really easy to guard against.
>>
Does anyone else think Martial Flexibility is too open-ended? As an in-combat action you shouldn't be writing something that makes a player pick from such a massive, arbitrarily expanding list. The convenient usage case is to write down a handful of your options, and the strict optimal usage case is to always go through the full list and descriptions. That disparity bothers me. Could have been something that puts the bulk of it on nightly downtime, like 'you prepare 4 options per slot in the morning' or whatever, not 'pick from all feats ever printed in any book while a battle's going on'.
>>
>played reign of winter today
>in the maiden mother crone dungeon
>fought a nymph
>turns out the satyr dude we fought earlier was her son
>they both had mutated incest babies that we fought
Did we enter my GM's magical realm or is this Paizo's magical realm?
>>
File: what the hyuck am i reading.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
what the hyuck am i reading.png
79 KB, 250x238
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/37464/the-way-of-the-sword-fighter-campaign-in-a-homebrew-world
>Fighter only campaign
>No archetypes

WHY
>>
>>44412823
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/37464/the-way-of-the-sword-fighter-campaign-in-a-homebrew-world
I am so confused, why would this be a thing? What is the justification. No magic I can see the, albeit flawed, reasoning behind, but fight only? What?
>>
>>44412799
Paizo's
>>
>>44407987
Spell book, yes, but that's not why id avoid Wizard in this case. It's the lack of spell selection and make lots of flexibility.
>>
Besides the tarrasque, does all regeneration have to have a shutdown weakness?

I ask because we ran into a fire-blooded acid troll or whatever the exact "combination" was, and the fucking thing kept on regenerating even though we more or less hit it with every element (pretty sure none of us had profane) including holy water. We're not high enough level to just banish it to hell or disintegrate it (does that even work, well even if it does, can trolls even fail a lowball Fort-DC?) and apparently the 'largest' piece will grow back even in an iron jar.

It was just an NPC halfling though so we didn't lose anything important to that last part.

Was that even legal, and if so, how does one figure out what shuts that regen down?
>>
>>44412977
Regen doesn't have to be shut off-able. Custom monsters don't have rules of what is "allowed".
>>
>>44412795
Yes.

Yes it is.

Also, somehow learning and instantly forgetting things that take people a while to learn, and then never forget. Feats should not be hotswappable.
>>
>>44412977
Yeah it's called dontpissoffdmium
>>
>>44412799
GM's. The satyr isn't her son in the original, though they still have mutant babies and she cockteases all of them.
>>
>>44413081
I never saw it as learning and forgetting. It's improvisation to get something to work.
>>
>>44412911
What in the fuck did I walk into? I seriously hope book 4 gets better.
>>
>>44413084
we didn't actually do anything to piss him off. he just decides encounters need to be particularly "tough" once in a while.

three weeks ago it was "longbow artillery from off the map" that we couldn't detect or counter or see (because it's off the map you see) and was hitting all of us but not the enemies because it's attacking an area, even those in melee with us, for 1d8+8 and 1d6 fire every round.

We were level 6.

So at the very least if we can catch him with the cheating when he insists they're all by the rules...
>>
>>44413212
>So at the very least if we can catch him with the cheating when he insists they're all by the rules...
The GM literally can not cheat, as described in the DMG.

I can think of a number of ways to do undetectable AoE artillery from off map anyway.

As for regen, there is no hard rules for what monsters can and can not do.
>>
>>44412977
Summon a lot of Stirge and start killing it via CON damage.

> Attack forms that don’t deal hit point damage are not healed by regeneration.
>>
Anyone got that screen cap of that guy who made a doctor who copy in pathfinder?
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/headband-of-vast-intelligence

Wait these ranks do not stack with pre existing ranks?

So i guess best use is to put it in Knowledge Skills?
>>
File: RIP0369E_500[1].jpg (116 KB, 500x649) Image search: [Google]
RIP0369E_500[1].jpg
116 KB, 500x649
What does /tg/ think of this book?
>>
>>44413644
Ranks up to your character level is max ranks anyway.
>>
>>44413644
You could always retrain your old skill ranks
>>
File: GGKy01.jpg (137 KB, 1000x1390) Image search: [Google]
GGKy01.jpg
137 KB, 1000x1390
So some questions for anyone who knows a lot about PoW, since I'm retarded and am having a hard time finding information that isn't on the SRD

>since I know almost jack shit, and most of this stuff isn't on the SRD, how can I convince my GM to start looking into Path of War?
>Is there an initiator that can get a Black Blade, like the Magus can?
>As someone who digs the magus, how much would I like the harbinger?
>Is there an archetype for the Magus that keeps the ability to enchant your weapon, but trades out everything else for disciplines and other initiator features? Is there an archetype for the Harbinger, or a discipline, that can do this?
>Since PoW is basically "weaboo fightan magic: pathfinder edition", what discipline is pic-related?
>>
>>44412219

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UzzPibcqPZObXZ-IoLrd4ikiT6KWiaq92irAJHfIxzc/edit <- This document grants Riven Hourglass to many archetypes.

In addition, the mystic and possibly the zealot get it. The harbinger may or may not get it.
>>
>>44413764
4 levels in blade bound arcanist, take magical knack, splash one level into warder, the rest in blade caster and EK.
>>
>>44413644
The entire purpose of that mechanic is to make it like you have as many fully-invested skills as your modified Int bonus would have left you with.
>>
Is having unchained skills allowed a normal thing?
>>
>>44413808
Finally a use for bladebound arcanist.
>>
>>44411181
I'm the creepy stalker of the person you invited, can you try me too?

[email protected]
>>
>>44411518
I saw it, just been busy
>>
Anyone got illegal downloads of the booklets they released for SoP?
I heard each sphere got one?
>>
>>44413668
I only looked over it when it was a playtest, but the character options were really shitty, if my memory serves me correctly.
>>
>>44414050
They're not all out yet.
>>
File: ChaikaExpand.jpg (87 KB, 383x631) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaExpand.jpg
87 KB, 383x631
>>44413808
At first I was about to call you retarded because that archetype is bad on the arcanist, but that's actually really fucking cool. Can you expand on this at all? I imagine you'd basically be a gimped caster for a while, but it looks baller as fuck once it gets going.
>>
>>44414096
How about Death? Is that out?
I'm just looking to see what they're like. I've heard very bad things.
>>
>>44414122
They vary. Destruction is looking... kinda nice.

But Weather will always be a shitfit because weather itself is a redundant fucking sphere anyway.

Seriously, just have some fucking Nature talents, it's not that hard.
>>
File: 1450229694121.jpg (89 KB, 600x675) Image search: [Google]
1450229694121.jpg
89 KB, 600x675
>>44413764
Ky's discipline is definitely a Magus specc'd into the quadriple intensified shocking grasp spellstrike build and an initiator with Elemental Flux discipline, also specc'd into all the electric strikes and stances.
>>
Who is the best husbando in all the APs?
>>
File: bingo.jpg (18 KB, 331x326) Image search: [Google]
bingo.jpg
18 KB, 331x326
How is investigator? I want to be a magnificent son of bitch who can whip ass with a pimp cane as needed.
>>
>>44413764
>Is there an archetype for the Magus that keeps the ability to enchant your weapon, but trades out everything else for disciplines and other initiator features?

No. As some DSP thinktank stated: Magus is a hard class to make an initiator because spellstrike and spellcombat is ingrained into the class itself, that taking it out would include taking out its own spell list, which makes the Magus a weaker variation of the soulknife.
>>
>>44414101
Expand as in make it better or explain it? You would probably want to go harbinger to get int attack rolls, but he mentioned something about using the SRD.

And as for explaining it, there's not much to explain, you can take an exploit that lets you use your caster level in place of arcanist level for the purpose of determining black blade scaling. You get a CL of like 17ish by level 20 and you're only gonna cast 7th level spells, but I'm sure you could make an incredibly solid gish out of it.
>>
>>44414369
The request was for an archetype that kept only Arcane Pool, which... could work. I feel like it would disappoint most everybody who saw "initiating magus archetype" though, for the reasons anon attributes to DSP.
>>
>>44414267
As the guy in charge of Weather, I realize how much of a shitshow it'll be to create. I'm going to do my best though.

>>44414345
Investigator's a class that, unfortunately, is basically gimped until you can get to at least level 4. You can't really start at level 1 as it like you can a Barbarian or an Alchemist.
>>
>>44414337

Vencarlo Orisini, easily.
>>
>>44414466
You have my deepest, deepest goddamn sympathy. You poor man/woman/bear-with-keyboard.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.