[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 3821683.jpg (18 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
3821683.jpg
18 KB, 400x304
Meme Rhinos Edition.

Also, Happy Holidays Edition.

>PLAYAN?
>BUILDAN?
>HATAN?
>Is your LGS still having FNM this week despite the holiday?
>Do you even Rhino?

pic related.
>>
>>44368457

>PLAYAN?
I have 3 decks I switch between. Jeskai Black Dragons, UG Ulamog Ramp and Abzan Red Aggro (built it for my wife).

>BUILDAN?
Temur Black. Its seen a lot of success at my LGS so I wanna see what I can do with it.

>HATAN?
Atarka motherfucking Red and goddamn Aristocrats.

Fortunately, yes.

>Do you even Rhino?
I built Rhinos for my wife and I play with them every now and then. They aren't nearly as meme as flip Jace is right now though.
>>
>>44368457
>PLAYAN
U/B Eldrazi
>BUILDAN
budget bant control
>HATAN
People who netdeck
No
>Do you even Rhino
No but I don't hate rhino
>>
>>44368457
So, /tg/: I quit Standard years ago, not long after Time Spiral rotated out. I played Extended, and now play Legacy when I can, Modern when I can't.

Convince me to start playing Standard again.
>>
>>44370216
Don't until April. Innistrad drops and Khans/Fate rotates so the pay2win standard is gonna get a little more fair.
>>
File: devoidland.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
devoidland.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
This land is singlehandedly my favorite card in the entirety of Oath's spoiled set. I feel like it might do a decent job saving the Eldrazi decks where they fall off mana-wise in the block.

Thoughts?
>>
>>44371205
I'm probably gonna attempt to build some URx Eldrazi deck for standard.
>>
>HATAN?
This format. Played standard for a while, this is the worst format for competitive play that MtG has to offer. It's outright pay2win and yet it's treated as one of the top competitive formats in the game? You're not tested on your ability to construct decks, because you just copy those from pro deck lists, the game is not balanced at all, if you play a budget deck or a homebrew you just wont win, and yet all the tryhards choose this format?
Play draft like a man, where everyone is on equal footing, your access to unbalanced cards is limited, and the only way to win is to rely on your own deck construction and play skills.
>>
>>44371970
This is why you play legacy. Everyone netdecks, but that doesnt matter because its a skill based format.
Memedern is the worst though. I know, lets just put an enchantment on a hexproof creature and turn it sideways, you lose. Or worse, I make lots of mana, play lots of elves and turn them sideways.
>>
Sup nerds. Going to my first pre-release when my LGS have their Oath events. Are the stores allowed to sell new product at PR events? Will I be able to pick up a few boxes?
Ty boys.
>>
>>44372513
Lol, oh yeah modern may be worse. Sure it can be fun to find a combo that breaks the game using cards that were never designed to be played together, but you can't make a serious competitive format out of it lol.
Still netdecks and single sales ruin this game. Powerful cards are made to be rares for a reason, then you go down to your LGS and pick up a playset all willy nilly, it throws off the balance of the game. That's why the only real competitive format is draft, everything else is casual.
>>
is there a white or blue card in standard that lets me search my library for an enchantment

(havent played since theros)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.