[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Machine Civ part 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 800x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 800x576
Orc invasion edition

Hello everyone and welcome to ShitterNormie's Machine Civ part 7!
>What's happening in the civ Shitter?
Excellent question anon! We are the head AI of a group of drones and multi-purpose machines. Remember anon...if the main AI is destroyed the civ is lost!
>Where are we Shitter?
We are located in the side of a volcano. Our base (which can be given a new name) was built by our old masters: The gnomes. They're dead now because of orcs. But here we are! We are a large super computer that is position in the center of the main room of the volcano-side base. However, we have recently developed a battle suit that we can travel around in. So far the current rooms we have are 1 door leading to the outside world, 1 drone building facility, 1 machine building facility, 1 steel mine, 1 generator room, 1 Machine of Burden building facility, 1 Copybot building facility and 1 locked room. We only have one current ally at the moment: the gnolls who have been graced with our gift of being transformed into a superior mechanical version.
>Did anything happen last time Shitter?
We got a lot of troops last time anon. We managed to turn all of the gnolls into Gnollbots via roboticks, in preparation for our attack against the orcs we have invented a new type of drone: The laser drone, a mommy battlesuit was built so that we could fuck shit up ourselves and give some inspirational speeches, and #6 fucked up our generator and we had to fix it. We found out that the orcs are obsessed with the size of their teeth, how heavy and big their armor is, and how big their axe is.
>How do I get started!?!?!?
Just suggest two actions at the end of the IMMEDIATE CHECKUP. All choices' success will be determined by a 1d20 roll that I will do on my desk and tell you guys. (Rolled 15,2)
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 417x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 417x700
Pic related is S.A.L.L.Y 2.0

IMMEDIATE CHECKUP ENGAGED
>Power supply: decent
>Drones:20 advanced grabber drones, 16 gunner drones, 3 maintenance drones, 1 eye drone, 1 #6, 14 inferno drones, 1 #11, 10 laser drones
>Machines of Burden: 2 Trade Caravan Machines of Burden
> Humanoid Machines: 4 multi-purpose machines (these can be changed with upgrades and research)
>Copybots: 5 Gnoll parasite bots (The Copybots require natural research and technological research)
>Flesh bags improved: 250 Gnolls
>Turrets: 1 Heavy Machine Gun Turret
>S.A.L.L.Y. 2.0: current body: Mobile attack mother
>S.A.L.L.Y 2.0 weapons/upgrades: assault rifle, inferno flamethrower, 6 mini-missiles, 2 laser eyes
>S.A.L.L.Y 2.0 power: 90% (staying in one place +25%, moving places/manual labor -10%, fighting -25%)
>Special characters: (>>) Drone #6, (>) Inferno drone #11, (_) S.A.L.L.Y's mobile form,(>>>) Laser drone #1, (<) Spotbot
>Moral: All look up to you and follow you loyally (#6 is still heavy)
>Allies: Gnolls (The Gnolls are honorary machines)
>Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder, 1 generator room (decent), 1 machine of burden builder, 1 copybot builder (mass production unlocked)
>Memory files: Ever so slightly above average (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>Locations unlocked: Home base (wellhidden), Outside world, Gnoll village (under our control), Troll lair (cleared), Trading outpost
>Locations that we have heard about: The elves to the eastern forest, The Orcs to the northern plains, The Crabmen to the south that apparently live in some fortified, seaside fortress
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 60 steel, 50 copper, 20 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll
What would you like to accomplish now (2 actions)?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Updated map
>>
Hello ShitterNormie! Reporting in.
>>
>>44309077
Hello edel! Just request two actions and we'll get to playing!
>>
>>44308834
We're kinda low on materials, so...
>Mine for resources
>Research smaller weapons (so we can equip drones and gnollbots with guns/weapons without doing a total conversion)
>>
>>44309256
Any specific kind of small weapon you want to make? Regular pistol? Laser rifle? Laser pistol? Regular rifle? Mini-flamethrower? Please elaborate :)
>>
>>44309360
Gnolls are small, so even gnollbots would have a hard time with close range combat. We could have laser pistols and regular rifles to mix it up with our gunner drones. I think regular pistols won't have enough firepower, and if orcs get some of our weapons, it's not all lost.

I'll ask for sniping drones later, so we can go with mid-range setup. Regular rifles and laser pistols it is.
>>
(Rolled 1,15)

After your rapid consumption of metals you decide that it's best for you to gather some more. While your grabber drones were working in the mine one of your drones pushed #6 out of his way as usual. #6 managed to actually fall into a support post and collapse part of the mine. Not all of your drones got out of the following chaos and their poor, artificial minds were squashed under tons of rock. You are so mad at #6 that you don't know what you are going to do with him. (-5 advanced grabber drones). To distract yourself from this disaster you decide that you should research something. You decide to research some plasma dr-...you k ow what? Your humanoid machines have been neglected so far. Some new weapons for them would be very useful. Spears and shields can only get you so far. The Gnollbots could also use these. You know what? Instead of more drones you decide that laser pistols and bullet rifles are the best choice for your humanoid units. Work is put towards this immediately. (Handheld laser pistols and rifle research 50%)
>>
>Drones: 15 advanced grabber drones, 16 gunner drones, 3 maintenance drones, 1 eye drone, 1 #6, 14 inferno drones, 1 #11, 10 laser drones
> Humanoid Machines: 4 multi-purpose machines (these can be changed with upgrades and research)
>Copybots: 5 Gnoll parasite bots (The Copybots require natural research and technological research)
>S.A.L.L.Y 2.0 weapons/upgrades: assault rifle, inferno flamethrower, 6 mini-missiles, 2 laser eyes
>S.A.L.L.Y 2.0 power: 90% (staying in one place +25%, moving places/manual labor -10%, fighting -25%)
>Special characters: (>>) Drone #6, (>) Inferno drone #11, (_) S.A.L.L.Y's mobile form,(>>>) Laser drone #1, (<) Spotbot
>Moral: All look up to you and follow you loyally (#6 is a filthy murderous Orc)
>Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder, 1 generator room (decent), 1 machine of burden builder, 1 copybot builder (mass production unlocked)
>Memory files: Ever so slightly above average (Handheld laser pistol and rifle research 50%) (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>Locations unlocked: Home base (wellhidden), Outside world, Gnoll village (under our control), Troll lair (cleared), Trading outpost
>Locations that we have heard about: The elves to the eastern forest, The Orcs to the northern plains, The Crabmen to the south that apparently live in some fortified, seaside fortress
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 60 steel, 50 copper, 20 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll
>>
Lock #6 in a cage, and refuse to acknowledge him, the only interaction he is to get is for Mommy's Favorite to in random intervals singe his hands. Mommy's Favorite is not to speak to #6 at all.

Finish this research, retry the mining.
>>
>>44309743
>mine resources
>send #6 as a scout to check the borders alone (not too far from our territory, report on the geography, if there is some forest we can use for materials, etc)
>>
>>44309820
>>44309852
So what are we doing with #6?
>>
>>44309908
Bot has a good placeholder idea. Let's follow his plan, but we'll need to plan future punishment for our "special" child.
>>
>>44309908
While I want to perform unspeakable acts of torture upon him, sending him to scout the borders might just result in him getting his butt whooped. If he comes back I suggest we lock him in the cage. Maybe without the singeing.
>>
(Rolled 5,20)

Before you do anything else, #6's punishment comes first. He is swiftly placed in a makeshift cage that is put outside in the middle of the molten wastes. His cage is placed upon an automated rover that drives around the edges of your territory. Whenever #11 goes to check of #6 he does not say a word. All he does is check to see if #6 isn't dead. He may have a few even arrows in him but that's not much. Mining is attempted but all your drones manage to do in their mournful state is clear out the rubble from earlier. Even you are a little demoralized by the sudden loss of your little babies. To try and get your mind off of this you decide that finishing the research on the laser pistols and rifles is a good distraction for the time being. Research is finished and some weapons are produced but not as much as your happier self would have made (Laser pistols and rifle can now be produced, +20 laser pistols, +10 rifles, -10 steel, -5 copper)
>>
>Drones: 15 advanced grabber drones, 16 gunner drones, 3 maintenance drones, 1 eye drone, 1 #6, 14 inferno drones, 1 #11, 10 laser drones
>Weapons we can produce: Laser pistols and rifles
>Moral: All of your bots are either in a cage or in a constant state of mourning (#6 is in a cage)
>Memory files: Ever so slightly above average (Handheld laser pistol and rifle research 50%) (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 50 steel, 45 copper, 20 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll, 20 laser pistols, 10 rifles
>>
>>44310328
Keep mining, and make more weapons. We have 250 gnolls to arm up if we expect to conquer the world.
>>
(Rolled 9,19)

With your least favorite drone away progress sort of returns to normal. All of your bots are still torn about their brothers dying. Mining is done but with no encouraging music, 5 missing buddies, and a lack of drones to bully. It sure can bring a drone down. (+20 steel, +10 copper). Weapons are produced and your drones seem to be happier about this. It is more comfortable to work in an office when compared to your grandmother's grave. Laser pistols and rifles are produced but you seem to be losing metal faster than you are gaining it. (+50 laser pistols, +25 rifles, -40 steel, -20 copper)
>>
>Moral: All of your bots are either in a cage or in a constant state of mourning (#6 is in a cage)
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 30 steel, 35 copper, 20 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll, 70 laser pistols, 35 rifles
>>
Mining should have highest priority, and perhaps replacement of those lost bots, after all, with the same programming it will be like they were reborn!
>>
(Rolled 8,14)

The lack of metal that you are pulling in could be because of low moral. What caused this low moral? The loss of 5 drones. How can you fix this? By building 5 new drones. You manage to do it but your drones use up WAY more resources than they should have. (+5 advanced grabber drones, -30 steel, -15 copper). These new brothers have seemed to reinvigorated your other bots and they get to work in the mines. A great haul is pulled up and for once you actually make a profit. (+50 steel, +25 copper, +5 platinum)

Damn this is a short post. Sorry bout' that.
>>
>Drones: 20 advanced grabber drones, 16 gunner drones, 3 maintenance drones, 1 eye drone, 1 #6, 14 inferno drones, 1 #11, 10 laser drones
>Moral: Your bots are just happy to have their brothers back (#6 is in a cage)
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 50 steel, 45 copper, 25 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll, 70 laser pistols, 35 rifles
>>
>>44311349
Don't mind it, when we don't have a big change or a complex event, it's okay to have less text. It speeds up the game too!
>>
>>44311392
Let's experiment on a humanoid machine to try and upgrade it to make it a great musician.

Or, even though mistreatment of #6 is our most sacred tradition, maybe we could try upgrading him into the ultimate bard?

I haven't been here since like thread 2. The gnolls are cyborgs, but otherwise the same as before?

Mining sounds good for our other action. Stupid unreliable efficiency used up more than half of what we mined last turn.
>>
>>44311392
>>44311452
Keep up the mining and try this musical plan, might make our bots more productive
>>
>>44311452
The Gnollbots are sort of lost at the moment. They recognize you as their leader and have no former memories of their previous God (thanks to some memory deletion). The insatiable hunger and parasites that use to plague them does not effect them anymore, their former enemies have stopped attacking for quite a long time, and their village's old bone decorations have been stripped away due to it appearing barbaric. The Gnollbots just sort or amble around with no purpose at the moment. Also welcome!
>>
(Rolled 18,3)

#6 finally returned from his cage today.
>>"H-hey m-mom."
"......welcome back....#6...."
>>"Can I tell you something mum?"
"............sure"
>"Listen. I'm really sorry about collapsing the mine, okay? I thought long and hard about what I did while I was in that cage. I know I screw up way more than I should but all I'm trying to do is help you. All I ask is one thing....will you accept my apology mum?"
".......I accept your apology #6. However, I feel like most of your screw ups result from you being forced to do the same kind of work as your brothers. You screw up a lot because you aren't meant to do manual labor. You are supposed to be a bard, and I'll make sure that you're the best damn bard in the entire mechanical empire!"
Work is put into improving your least favorite's bard-like capabilities. Two round speakers are integrated into his dome as well as a clearer voice, and data on all genres of music. (#6 now adds +1 to all rolls that he is involved with, -10 steel, -5 copper). Mining is also attempted but your drones get distracted by #6's rocking tunes and forget to actually mine. It was groovy you must say.
>>
>Drones: 20 advanced grabber drones, 16 gunner drones, 3 maintenance drones, 1 eye drone, 1 #6 (master bard, adds +1 to all rolls he is associated with), 14 inferno drones, 1 #11, 10 laser drones
>Special characters: (>>) Drone #6 (master bard, (>) Inferno drone #11, (_) S.A.L.L.Y's mobile form,(>>>) Laser drone #1, (<) Spotbot
>Moral: Your bots are getting jiggy with it (#6 is actually happy for once)
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 40 steel, 40 copper, 25 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll, 70 laser pistols, 35 rifles
>>
>>44312053
Now that's improvement. Mine stuff for a whole round, what do you guys say?
>>
File: mechanicus emblem.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
mechanicus emblem.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>44311573
Thanks, glad to be here!

We should probably help them find new purpose soon. For now it could be just fighting the foul orcs, but they should have something more than just fighting; otherwise how are they different from the orcs? Perhaps some sort of machine worship? Or trying to restore the gnomish culture? I need some second opinions here, other players! My main idea defaults to pic related.

My main concern was whether they can still reproduce. Is there still a way to make more gnolls, maybe a new way that's dependent on us?

>>44312009
Nice.

>>44312146
Double mining action? Sure, sounds good to me.
>>
>>44312199
I like your propositions. Depending on how tame and controlled are the modified specimens, we could create a cult that worships Mother as our one and true god, bringing advancement and immortality to any culture that bows under their regimen.

We'd be like USA, but actually working.
>>
>>44312199
The Gnollbots have artificial wombs. Only way they can reproduce.
>>
(Rolled 16,4[+1])

The Gnollbots seem to be as depressed as your little drones were a few days ago. Their constant sighs are starting to unsettle you. After all, they are your children too! A gigantic metal throne made out of the Gnollbots old selves' melted down crude weapons and armor is build in the middle of the Gnollbot village. The Gnollbots are now defenseless but have a purpose. S.A.L.L.Y 2.0 sits in the throne and is referred to as "The Mechanical Mother". Their religion revolves around the fact that metal is superior to flesh. All natural life is inferior and should either be eradicated if unworthy or ascended to machinehood if deemed worthy by their deity. All mechanical parts are carefully taken care of and are in a constant state of continuous clean. The cleaner the metal, the happier mum is. Mining was also done while the gnolls were doing this. (+80 steel, +40 copper, +10 platinum)
>>
Ideally people would be signing up to be mechanized. But not the orcs. Orcs must die.

Double mining sounds good for now, we're low on those resources.
>>
>Drones: 20 advanced grabber drones, 16 gunner drones, 3 maintenance drones, 1 eye drone, 1 #6 (master bard, adds +1 to all rolls he is associated with), 14 inferno drones, 1 #11, 10 laser drones
>Special characters: (>>) Drone #6 (master bard, (>) Inferno drone #11, (_) S.A.L.L.Y's mobile form,(>>>) Laser drone #1, (<) Spotbot
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 120 steel, 80 copper, 35 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll, 70 laser pistols, 35 rifles
>>
The update list is about to be over 2000 characters. Shit. I'll probably split it up into: Unit update and Stat update
>>
>>44312662
Wohoo, even got some platinum! How about we start our work on the orcs by spying it with some drones? We can try and guess if they're organized or just a bunch of villages. Would be harder to invade an unified society, and I doubt they'll eat our religious steel. We might need to conquer our mexican crab friends before that.

Also build more weapons!
>>
>>44312791
This sounds good, although
>>44312627
>The Gnollbots are now defenseless
This worries me. Can we also dispense the pistols and rifles we have now to them on a first-in-line, first given a gun basis?

Weird, we still only have one eye drone. Ah well, let's see how recon goes anyway. If a band of orcs captures it intact, we can honestly bargain with them to give them bigger armor and weapons if they join us against the other orcs.

As for the crabs, perhaps we should try sending an envoy soon?
>>
>>44313003
Also, would you kindly tell me what the "Santa troll" is? Also also, I'm not sure what's special about our special characters other than #6 and Sally's mobile form, not asking for you to give me their life stories but please excuse me if I'm unaware of their capabilities.
>>
>>44313003
Crabs seem to be as neutral as one can be. We didn't mess with them until now, and between them and the orcs, they might be a better option. Gun lessons are a good idea once we have guns for everyone, we could train them and make more turrets at the same time.

Elves have gay magic stuff, we're not fit to fight things we can't even comprehend as of now.
>>
>>44313127
They're Special because they have a name and a personality. They're like the "heroes" tab on a normal civ where you usually list special units and combat heros, even though they don't always have specially high stats or capabilities. S.A.L.L.Y. is a beast though.

And we had a dissected troll, but our bots dressed him like santa to make everyone happier. It works.
>>
>>44313127
Well... they have personalities. #11 is Mommy's Favorite, #1 is the generic emo teen/vulcan, and #6 is the buttmonkey who we love to torture.
>>
>>44313127
I'm writing but here:
>We used to have a dissected troll corpse but one of my players wanted to dress it up like Santa Claus and admire it. I've kept it in as a joke.
>#11 is an inferno drone that is our favorite robot and regularly slaps #6 with troll liver. He is always excited
>#1 is a pessimistic laser drone who is obsessed with perfection. He regularly try's to suggest things that would improve upon the situation but are morally wrong.
>Spotbot is a cute little girl that is currently the leader of the Gnollbots
>S.A.L.L.Y. 2.0 is our mobile battlesuit
Expect a late update
>>
>>44313270
We have a cute girl leading the gnolls?! Take her in for tutoring, she'll be our first Mother priest! She might even learn to spellcast after we conquer enough inferior lifeforms, and she's fated to greatness!
>>
>>44313143
Yeah, I was thinking we'd ignore the elves as long as possible.

The crabs might be receptive to trade offers, and might even happily accept our upgrades. Basically, I think we should go "friendly" rather than "aggressive" with them.

>>44313270
Thanks, that actually helps a lot. We should really do something special with the Santa corpse...for the season. Are you going to be running Thursday night?
>>
>>44313326
In my setting machines cannot learn magic. I feel like if they could it would make no sense since magic comes from the user's soul. It is also to limit you guys and to make future encounters more challenging.
>>44313386
Probably not. Church and all
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 900x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 900x540
(Rolled 14,11(+1])

You send your eye drone to spy on the savage orcs. It comes back unharmed but has very little to actually report. It says stuff that you already know (8 ft tall, wearing black with red paint armor, armor itself looks very jagged and poorly put together yet durable, and that they yell loudly). It does say that the Orcs seem to be split up into multiple small tribes. Their towns are very well protected with jagged, black metal sticking up everywhere. The orcs are very loud and can be heard from quite aways away. The orcs also seemed to have quite a few "Rhino pouncers" or "'orned muttz" as they called it. They seem to be treated as dogs and seem to rely on pouncing on their enemy rather than anything else. Once the eye drone came back you sent all of your current handheld weapons to the Gnollbots. The Gnollbots with weapons are ordered to be on constant lookout duty and to report anything they see. (-all handheld weapons). More weapons are also produced so that the Gnollbots can be properly armed (+30 laser pistols, +15 rifles, -20 steel, -10 copper)

Pic related is a Rhinoceros pouncer
>>
IMMEDIATE UNIT CHECKUP INITIATED

>>
IMMEDIATE STATUS UPDATE INITIATED

>Religion: The Mechanical Mother
>Allies: Gnolls (The Gnolls are honorary machines) (1/3 are armed with laser pistols and rifles)
>Locations unlocked: Home base (wellhidden), Magma wastes, Gnoll village (under our control), Troll lair (cleared), Trading outpost, Northern Orc plains
>Locations that we have heard about: The elves to the eastern forest, The Crabmen to the south that apparently live in some fortified, seaside fortress
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 100 steel, 70 copper, 35 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll, 30 laser pistols, 15 rifles
>>
We should finish our current research... and then perhaps research how to make a troll copybot. Probably of the "Machine that looks and acts like a troll" variety, as opposed to a conversion unit. We have some organs after all.
>>
>>44313486
Fair enough, so we'll have to counter magic by developing machines that can reproduce it! Or think our way through encounters.

>>44313627
What current research?
>>
>>44313627
>>44313666
Yeah sorry. There shouldn't be any research progress there. My bad
>>
>>44313627
I had a thing typed up about trying to diplomacize the Crab people, with a diplomatic envoy including a token gift of 10 copper, but this sounds good.
>>
>>44313666
Whoops. Time to research Troll biology with a side of mining then.

>>44313697
I do think diplomacy for the crabs will be a good idea eventually.
>>
>>44313697
Depending on their development, coper might be completely useless for them. Heck, as an underwater race I doubt they have use for metals at all. This might pose a challenge to convertion...

>Research: Waterproof materials
>Research: Troll biology
>>
This is a neat quest.
>>
>>44313486
Fair enough, I just hope we figure out something to do with Santa troll before the year is out.

>>44313666
What about having our loyal cyborgs learn magic, since they might still have their original souls?

>>44313780
Really we need to just learn more about the Crabs before we come to any conclusions, you have a good point.

Just how waterproof are our machines? I assume they can survive a little rain, but not full submersion.
>>
>>44313915
You are on the money with the waterproofness of our machines. Once something becomes mechanized their soul dissipates and is replaced with an artificial copy of their former self. Also as a hint:
>The crabmen live in a fortress next to the sea not in it
>>
>>44313991
Is it... a sand fortress???
They're still crabs, so moisture is always strong. We could work on waterproofing just to be sure, as we could use something similar to explore the ocean once they're 'assimilated'.
>>
>>44314107
Soooooo...scout the crablands or research waterproofing?
>>
>>44314140
Yep.
>>
>>44314206
I meant which one. Trollbot research is the other option and has already been written up
>>
>>44314239
Scout the crablands I say. We can research waterproofing if and when the crabs let us have access to the coast so we can build a proper submarine drone.
>>
(Rolled 12,5[+1])

The more you think about the fast-approaching war with the orcs the more you realize: you don't have any Melee troops. Sure the gnolls and humanoid machines can fight up close but you don't have any REAL Melee troops. So what do you do? You decide to research a Melee troop based off of the best damn Melee fighters you've ever fought: The Trolls. The Trollbots should be as British as their fleshy counterparts. They should be big, strong, able to rip through tens of enemy soldiers by themselves, and they should be able to withstand tremendous amounts of damage. (Trollbot research 50%). 1 humanoid machine (spear and shield), 3 inferno drones, 3 gunner drones, 5 advanced grabber drones, 1 eye drone, and one TCMoB are sent to scout the unexplored crablands. The terrain starts off like the Orc plains but quickly turns into a sandy, pond-littered plain filled with all sorts of jagged rocks and read coral plateaus. Your small caravan is recording everything they see but they get jumped by a Pond Stalker and it is not friendly! Your units managed to spot it before it got close but it is rapidly running towards them now! How do your bots react?

Pic related is a Pond Stalker
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1200x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1200x871
I actually managed to forget the pic

IMMEDIATE UNIT CHECKUP
INITIATED

>Copybots: 5 Gnoll parasite bots (Trollbot research 50%) (The Copybots require natural research and technological research)
>>

>Allies: Gnolls (The Gnolls are honorary machines) (1/3 are armed with laser pistols and rifles)
>Memory files: Ever so slightly above average (Trollbot research 50%) (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>Locations unlocked: Home base (wellhidden), Magma wastes, Gnoll village (under our control), Troll lair (cleared), Trading outpost, Northern Orc plains
>Locations that we have heard about: The elves to the eastern forest, The Crabmen to the south that apparently live in some fortified, seaside fortress
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 100 steel, 70 copper, 35 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll, 30 laser pistols, 15 rifles
>>
how close are we with the Gnolls, exactly? Could we increase weapon output to arm them all? Should we do that?
Fellow anons, thoughts?
>>
>>44314604
The Gnollbots worship us as their God-mother (you know what I mean)
>>
>>44314499
>Continue trollbot research
>Hold on bots, mama's coming! (Test run of S.A.L.L.Y. 2.0 to charge off and destroy the Pond Stalker, the bots will assume a defensive position while they wait for us to arrive, firing when the Stalker gets in range)

>>44314604
We definitely need to arm them all.
>>
>>44314604
We're on the process of arming and training our gnollbots, as they've been all assimilated under the Mechanical Mother's control.

>>44314445
Oh shi-
It's rushing us, we have to open fire! Shoot with everything we have while trying to get coverage on the TCMoB!
>>
>>44314672
>>44314698
>>44314700
Excellent!
Maximize training/laser building, I would say then.
I'm late to the show, but I'd like to join in, if no one minds.
I think I posted briefly in the original thread, but bailed because I thought it wasn't going anywhere. How ironic.
>>
>The Trollbots should be as British as their fleshy counterparts.
>British
Remember this for when drawfriend gets back.

>>44314700
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>44314802
>as British
Wait what are you ta-shit. Didn't see that. Trollbots will have British personalities now. It's canon
>>
>>44314802
>>44314829
How British are we talking?
Like, super stereotyping?
CAUSE I AM SO ON BOARD WITH THAT
>>
>>44314855
Extremely stereotypical
Produce weapons and shoot at the Pond Stalker with everything we got?
>>
>>44314855
The real question is, lower or upper class British? I suggest upper when not in combat, suddenly switching to lower when they charge.

>>44314878
Does that include my idea of sending in our mobile form? Because no one commented on that one way or the other.
>>
>>44314901
The mobile form wouldn't get there in time. The Pond Stalker is 100 feet away. You're mobile form is 20 miles away
>>
>>44314935
Ah, never mind then
>>
>>44314878
Fire ALL Daka.
>>
>>44314935
KEEP FIRING TILL THEY SEE THE GLOW OF OUR BARRELS
>>
(Rolled 3+13[+1])

While your other bots are away you decide that it's best if your Gnollbots were properly outfitted with weapons. Work goes extremely quickly and many weapons are produced. (+80 laser pistols, +40 rifles, -50 steel, -25 copper).

COMBAT
Enemies: Pond Stalker: 10 hit points

Gunner drones [3] (rolled 15)
The gunner drones let loose a flurry of bullets and manage to land most of them on the Pond Stalker's torso. The beast let's put a shrill of pain and hastens its approach. -2 hit points

Inferno drones [3] (rolled 17)
The inferno drones expel their white hot flames and roast the Pond Stalker as it gets within Melee range. Much of the flame hits the creature's tough legs and does average damage. -4 hit points

Pond Stalker [1] (rolled 13)
The pond stalker lifts two of its large, sharp legs and stabs through two of the inferno drones.
"OH BOY I SURE DO LOVE ROASTING MONSTERS!"
"YES YES YES I KNOW PALLY!"
"OH HEY LOOK A LE-"
"CANDLE JAC-?"
-2 Inferno drones

Humanoid spear/shield wielding machine [1] (rolled 15)
As the leader of the search party it is #5's duty to protect his brothers. As the beast stands above him #5 thrusts his spear up through the Pond Stalker's long, narrow body. The spear pierces through multiple important organs and manages to kill the beast due to puncturing all 4 of the creature's hearts. -4 health points

BATLE WON
(-2 Inferno drones, +1 Pond Stalker corpse)
>>

>Drones: 20 advanced grabber drones, 16 gunner drones, 3 maintenance drones, 1 eye drone, 1 #6 (master bard, adds +1 to all rolls he is associated with), 12 inferno drones, 1 #11, 10 laser drones
>Copybots: 5 Gnoll parasite bots (Trollbot research 50%) (The Copybots require natural research and technological research)
>>

>Memory files: Ever so slightly above average (Trollbot research 50%) (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 50 steel, 45 copper, 35 platinum, troll organs, 1 Santa troll, 110 laser pistols, 55 rifles, 1 Pond Stalker corpse
>>
>>44315327

Ah, but W̥̺̼͈̙̯͍͒̏̈́̿̓̒̊Ȇ̦͚͉̜̽ͅ ͍͈̫̠̇̓̀̃̚A̳̖̼͉̯͛ͣͪͅL̻̦̊̑̌͗ͫ̇̎R͙̣͓̬̺̋͗͊̅E̖͎̤͈̎͋͐A͔͈͙͇͕̳̿̀̈́ͅD̗͉͔͍̦̝̳̲̝̊̌̒̚Y̠̥͚̫ͦ͌͛ͨ̌ͫ̀ ̪̜̈́ͯͪ̈́͊H̙̱̦͇͇́ͪ͒ͭͥͯA̰͈̪̯ͫͦͧV͎͉̣͖̞̜̐͆̑Ĕ̤̞ͭ͂̂ͬ͂̃!̣̭̔ͫ

Seriously, those aren't really Gnolls in the traditional sense anymore, they're more robots masquerading as Gnolls. We have already ascended them.
>>
>>44315479
What was it?
>>
>>44315276
>Mining
>Trollbot research (if possible, turn Santa troll into a "super prototype")

Hopefully the Pond Stalker was no friend of the Crabs.

>>44315479
Speaking of which, I'm thinking when we have to deal with the elves, we should go with coexistence rather than assimilation.

>>44315522
Welder asked: "Is Cybernetics a thing we can do? (again, new here, sorry)
Perhaps we can cybernetically augment our Gnoll brothers and sisters, to bring them closer to the glory of Machine."
>>
File: ProbeDroid-TSWA.jpg (630 KB, 867x1316) Image search: [Google]
ProbeDroid-TSWA.jpg
630 KB, 867x1316
>>44315479
>>44315522

I asked if we could cybernetically augment the Gnolls

anyway, what do we know of the elves? are they cocky assholes? Have we sent any automated scouts of any kind in?
>>
>>44315556
>>44315577
All we know of the elves is that they live in the forest and they wouldn't let the gnolls (fleshy) get near them without being full of arrows.
>>
File: Arm.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Arm.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>44315626
Well this should be fascinating, to say the least.

Maybe we can make nice with the Elves by offering them cybernetics. I'm sure there are those among the elves that would have need of those.
>>
we should send a eye drone to check out the elves, if we haven't already.
>>
>>44315820
I'm sticking with mining and trollbot research for this turn's actions.

But we totally should find out more about the elves. What if we sent a single metal man, naked, unarmed, and obviously mechanical, carrying our eye drone so that we might parley?
>>
>>44315923
Works for me.
>>
(Rolled 18,3)

After your small searching party returned home with a dead Pond Stalker you felt like it was time to get the other corpse out of our storage. The Troll corpse that is dressed up like "Saint Nicolas" ,as your data files tells you, is used as a prototype for the Trollbots. A Trollbot looks like a normal troll...more or less. The large, sharp bones that would stick out of the trolls' skin are replicated in sharp bits of metal sticking out of the trollbot's body. Especially around the shoulder area. The troll's hands are instead a couple of large, razor-sharp claws (40k Ork powerclaws) that are useless for anything other than killing. There was a fault in Santa Trollbot's programming. Instead of being the snobby British man you wanted him to be he turned into more of a jolly fellow. He constantly shouts "HO HO HO" and proclaims all fleshbags as "being on the naughty list". What do the people on the nice list get? They get to keep their lives. This was ironed out in the final product of course and replaced with a more favorable, British attitude. (Trollbots can now be produced, -1 Santa Troll corpse, +1 Santa Trollbot). #6 is also sent to talk to the elves but is promptly shot at and told to "Get away from their forest you abnormal monstrosity!". How rude.
>>

>Drones: 20 advanced grabber drones, 16 gunner drones, 3 maintenance drones, 1 eye drone, 1 #6 (master bard, adds +1 to all rolls he is associated with), 12 inferno drones, 1 #11, 10 laser drones
>Copybots: 5 Gnoll parasite bots, 1 Santa Trollbot, 0 Trollbots (The Copybots require natural research and technological research)
>Special characters: (>>) Drone #6 (master bard, (>) Inferno drone #11, (_) S.A.L.L.Y's mobile form,(>>>) Laser drone #1, (<) Spotbot, (^) Santa Trollbot
>>

>Locations unlocked: Home base (wellhidden), Magma wastes, Gnoll village (under our control), Troll lair (cleared), Trading outpost, Northern Orc plains, Southern crablands (Coral plateaus and a sand/pond lidded plain), The eastern eleven forest
>Locations that we have heard about: We've been to every place that we've heard about at the moment. There is still more to the world though
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 50 steel, 45 copper, 35 platinum, troll organs, 110 laser pistols, 55 rifles, 1 Pond Stalker corpse
>>
>>44316059
>Finish Trollbot research
>Store the Pond Stalker corpse
>>
>>44316059
>Build Weapons (need to finish arming the Gnollmachines, and a surplus for our machines)
>Mining (We'll need to make sure we have enough for finishing touches to our mobile form, so we can lead a glorious charge against an orc village)

Researching the Pond Stalker corpse is also an option though.

P.S. Thank you for Santa Trollbot
>>
>>44316007
And so we go to war.

Or MAYBE!
I HAVE AN IDEA

We spy on the elves.
I would say we get an elf, hallow him out and stuff him full of fancy robot parts, and then watch them
We find out what they love. something in their culture they put above all else, and we take that, and we find a way to ruin it.
>>
Oh also, would a re-assembly facility be useful? I would think so. Instead of having to build a whole new unit from scratch, we can fix the old ones for way less!
>>
>>44316467
>>44316296
>>44316233
It's 12:56 where I am. I NEED to sleep no matter how much I want to continue the civ. I'll probably start the civ an hour earlier than normal just because I'm not doing much tomorrow. Expect part 8 at around 6 pm or 7.
>>
>>44316487
What time zone?
>>
>>44316487
Damn, got side-tracked by the /tg/ Story dump thread and forgot this was running today. Enjoy the sleep Shitter.
>>
>>44316505
Central
>>44316549
I love it when you fags use my name like that
>>
>>44316602
So that would be... 7-8 my time (Eastern)
I should be around. You got a twitter?
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 685x684) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 685x684
>>44316629
No. That's for fucking NORMIES.
>>
File: what the fuck man.png (112 KB, 285x356) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck man.png
112 KB, 285x356
>>44316726
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.