[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is your setting post-apocalyptic or no?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1439169491482.jpg (179 KB, 824x1161) Image search: [Google]
1439169491482.jpg
179 KB, 824x1161
Is your setting post-apocalyptic or no?
>>
>>44314374
Yes
>>
>>44314374
Technically. An apocalypse has happened in recorded memory, but civilization has long since rebuilt after it and things are pretty normal. Plus more danger and monsters for adventures to be had.
>>
Yeah, I kind of dig fantasy apocalypses. I've had a setting which was a dozen or so generations after the apocalypse in a flooded world, gods all eaten, ship colonies, a trinity of elements (air, water and earth) giving rise to conflict and strange occurrences. Elves who veiled their faces and built their cities on giant turtles and octopuses.

Then that same setting a few thousands years later with the waters receded, the last few of the gods' animals (big kaiju things) walking the earth, the earth littered with the bones of many more. Huge salt flats, islands slowly increasing in size, actual nations starting to prosper. A magic academy built in a hermit crab the size of a mountain drove a lot of the PCs actions.
>>
>>44314405
Pretty much this.
The universe runs on 'ages', and this is the third one.
The transition is generally bumpy.
>>
>>44314374
I'm not sure, neither are my players.
>>
No. Personally I think post-apocalypse stuff feels cheap. Instead of finding and rediscovering the super tech, be the first and make it yourself.

Though to be fair, my setting has the underlying message that humans aren't important in the cosmic scheme of things, so it is also about trying to ascend into a more powerful position; to escape their destiny of unimportance.
>>
>>44314374
It wasn't. But then, the players happened. And now, it is.
>>
>>44314881
>humans aren't important
Thank you. Dios mio, thank you, anon.
>>
No.

Well, not yet. I've got PCs running around.
>>
>>44314906

You don't need to thank me. I'm just making an edgy setting. The gods control the univserse and battle with other great forces beyond human understanding or scale. Its the scale of galaxies and planets fighting each other with sunbursts and omega-wave radiation and neutron star explosions. Elder titans have been spreading life on various planets to dig resources for them and set up basic societies that they can exploit later when needed, the joke being that these elder titans didn't even create humans. They made trolls. Humans only exist on one shitty planet.
>>
>>44314374

There's no coming back from an apocalypse, so no.
>>
>>44314982
Not with that attitude
>>
>>44314955
Sounds neat, actually. Not as edgy as you might be hoping.
>>
No, but mine is secretly a sci-fi setting disguised as fantasy.
>>
Yes.

Humanity tried to drill through an alternate universe made of space magic to the moon but just ended up letting in a bunch of magic space Mexicans.
>>
>>44315020

Alright, thanks. I didn't want to make anyone think I was being overly edgy but I felt it was a little edgy myself, in the same way that lovecraft might be considered 'edgy'.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.