[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BattleTech General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Battletech Generalisimo.png (2 MB, 1268x1170) Image search: [Google]
Battletech Generalisimo.png
2 MB, 1268x1170
The /btg/ is dead, long live the /btg/!

Also apparently an alternate history and gun discussion thread.

Old thread: >>44119442

=====================

>/btg/ does a TRO.
http://builtforwar.blog(not spam) spot.com/

>The Happening has Happened and it was glorious:
http://bg.battletech.com/news/news-and-announcements/drop-pod-sequence-initiatedthree-two-one/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5 (embed)

>Can I get an overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what mechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Battletech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx (embed)

>Sarna.net - Battletech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of Battletech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

>SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/

>Battletech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
>>
File: 3025_thunderbolt.jpg.png (125 KB, 521x653) Image search: [Google]
3025_thunderbolt.jpg.png
125 KB, 521x653
>>44185596
haha, thunderbolt coming to hold your butte
>>
So I was looking at the BTech site today and went to their 'Upcoming Products' section. I haven't been to the official boards in years, so I don't know if any of these things have been discussed, but can anyone shed some light on whether any of these things will ever come out?

>Interstellar Operations
I know it's in beta, but is this thing ever coming out? What's been cut? What's being turned into Day1 DLC... I mean a further supplement?

>The First Succession War
Does anyone really want this? Isn't this just "Nuke everything!" the book?

>Combat Manual: Kurita
I take it these are for Alpha Strike players, not true Grognard Scotsmen?

>Campaign Companion
Seriously! Fucking when?? I must own this damned book yesterday! Someone go forward in time and get it for me!!!

>Combat Manual: Steiner
Again, Alpha Strike, right?

>Turning Points: Epsilon Eridani (E-Publication)
There are so many of these fucking things I've lost track.

>Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives V (E-Publication)
This time, they're more primitive...er!

>Combat Manual: Davion
Alpha Strike... blah blah blah. Anyone know if these books cover a specific time period, or are they 'catch all' books?

>Experimental Technical Readout: Succession Wars II (E-Publication)
Ok, another one. Great.

>Record Sheets: Prototypes Unabridged (E-Publication)
I look forward to totally acquiring this legally.

>The Second Succession War
Part 2: The Nukening!

>Technical Readout: Golden Century (E-Publication)
Ok then? Just spinning our wheels it seems now.

>Technical Readout: IrregularTech (E-Publication)
Seriously, is this ever going to come out? Will the sun have died by then?

>ilClan
>The founding of the ilClan heralds the start of a new age for the BattleTech universe
Prove it!

And finally, things that probably only exist as bullet points on a whiteboard at CGL:
>Milestones
>Touring the Stars
>Spotlight On
>OpFor
>Gladiator Gazette

Do we ever expect to see a series for these?
>>
>>44185795

>Does anyone really want this?

The grogs do, because it implies they'll get books for the 3rd and 4th SWs, which is what they really want.

>Isn't this just "Nuke everything!" the book?

Yes, which is why Herb once said they were never going to go back and revisit the 1st and 2nd SWs. However, CGL has completely shat itself in terror and indecision now that they've covered the Jihad and Republic backstory and the few years of plot they've provided after the Dark Age material was met with enraged fantards raking them over the coals for daring to put their factions in a less than stellar position. From the outside looking in, it appears as though they have no idea what to do next (hence the ilClan delays) and nobody wants to step up and take responsibility (we've been without a line developer for what, over two years now?)

The constant delays, pushbacks, filler products and mini TRs let them look like they're doing something, but three of the last major publications were literally cut and paste jobs of existing material. TR 3145 was a consolidation, TR 3150 was a reprint of 3145 with new variants and a bit of new fluff, and HB: HK was essentially just a reprint of the old House Book.

Can't say I'm exactly enthused or foreseeing anything great. And this is from someone who was won over by CGL with the Jihad stuff, which they managed to handle quite well while unfucking as much as they could.
>>
>>44185795
eh, maybe the 1sw and 2sw sourcebooks will give the warcrimesfags a chance to wank without having to get butthurt about the modern (3025-3150) era and coming up with silly AUs, so there's a benefit. Reunification War slowed them down for a bit, at least
>primitives V
I really like the primitives stuff, so I'll give them a pass for that

>ilClan
there's a lot of fiatwrangling to go before the crew decides who gets to be the guy for this one
>>
>>44185857
>However, CGL has completely shat itself in terror and indecision now that they've covered the Jihad and Republic backstory and the few years of plot they've provided after the Dark Age material was met with enraged fantards raking them over the coals for daring to put their factions in a less than stellar position.

As someone who's been out of the loop for a while, is there tl:dr version of what happened at the end of the Jihad/start of Dark Age/whatever CLG did after the ClickTech fluff ran out?
>>
>>44185876
>I really like the primitives stuff, so I'll give them a pass for that

I'm not saying it's bad, just that they seem to be doing a lot of it.

That said, if what the anon above you said is true, we're getting more of these 'cause CGL can't figure out what to do with ilClan.
And just so we're clear:
If Rome's in charge, the Bears are ilClan.
If anyone else is in charge, then it's probably the Wolves.
And if it's Coleman, then inexplicably the Cappies will be ilClan, right?
>>
>>44185891

Lyrans got spitroasted by the Wolves and Falcons. Dracs invaded the Suns and are winning through the Dragoons and Risk-style unit ablation to continue their advance. Caperrans continue being STRONK, GRORIOUS XIN SHENG! Bears have a ground force as strong as their three neighbours combined and a navy as strong as everyone else's combined but are yet to do anything with it.

Capfags are smug, Fedfags are whiny, Lyranfags are resigned to the pain, and Dracfags are waiting for the other shoe to drop because the only way the foreshadowing could be more blatant would be if Roosterboy had written a sidebar saying "Hey, you guys, prepare for the Black Dragon War II: Electric Boogaloo and the Third Combine/Dominion War!" in his Era Report.

The FWL is a bit more important now (not saying much) and the Jade Falcons are continuing their streak, unconcerned by petty matters like them using the Horses as mercs or their leader being batshit insane.

So with the exception of the Drac/FedSuns front, basically business as usual.
>>
>>44185921
that's about the size of it, yeah.

primitives gets a lot done because they've decided to flesh out the early eras into viable game settings (great), rather than deal with going forward (bad)
>>44185928
as a taurian fan, I'm waiting for the axe to fall and "sucks to be you, medron, you're the Taurian March now" to happen
because I know it will
>>
File: 1447599012570.jpg (322 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
1447599012570.jpg
322 KB, 1024x1448
Bio-Organic Mechs when?
>>
File: 976371.jpg (82 KB, 600x815) Image search: [Google]
976371.jpg
82 KB, 600x815
Battletech needs to start getting into nanotech. Some of the shit we have now seems more advanced than the crap they are working with.
>>
>>44185947

>as a taurian fan, I'm waiting for the axe to fall and "sucks to be you, medron, you're the Taurian March now" to happen

>Taurian March

>Not Taurian Commonality so the Capellans have more troops to wreck the Suns and RotS with

0/10, would not Xin Sheng with.
>>
>>44185968
frig off kojima
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (85 KB, 920x485) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
85 KB, 920x485
>>
>>44185972
yeah probably. I was over-optimistic when I said taurian march.
but on the other hand, it would make the OF boys more butthurt, and that's a very important factor, so who can say
>>
Think about it. Its thematic. Can mechs continue to exist in a world where everything is getting smaller?

Its big vs. small.
>>
Imagine a pistol that can take out a tank. What are you supposed to do when that happens? How do you adapt?
>>
File: 1.jpg (13 KB, 174x290) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
13 KB, 174x290
I think the first thing battletech should do is scale back. Make the mechs smaller, between 20 and 30 feet tall, instead of 40 to 60 feet high. Make the designs more compact, more ergonomic. I don't mean get rid of the boxy feel, I'm talking more like pic related.
>>
>>44186046
6/10 you actually had me going for a second
>>
>>44186046

>Make the mechs smaller, between 20 and 30 feet tall

That's already how big they are.
>>
Make a new class of mech, ranging from 20-40 tons. Give them ultra light equipment, like heat sinks that weigh half a ton, jump jets that weigh a quarter ton. Give them weapons that can pierce armor or occupy the midway point between ac's and energy weapons in tonnage, damage and heat. Give them stuff that can fill those empty crit slots besides ferro and endo.
>>
>>44185968
>>44185982
>>44186011
Why don't you go back to /EPG/ and suck yourself off at home? Or are you one of those spacebattlesfags who can't get off without driving everything to nonsense by autismal 'logic'?
>>
>>44186059
>>44186063
begone foul trolls.
you shall not stand in the way of my genius.
>>
>>44186090
don't you have Mechanoids: Space to work on, kev?
>>
Okay, fine. How bout making mechs even BIGGER then? Why not push the entire universe past the point of suspended disbelief into the realm of pure fantasy?

Why not 200 ton mechs? or 300? why not make mech sized cities?

Face it, its not the factions that have to change. People love their mary sues. Its the mechs, its the tech base.
>>
>>44185953
Could be cool.
>>
>>44185968
>>44185996
>>44186011
>>44186046
>>44186066
>>44186090
>>44186107
why do you heff to be mad?
>>
Battletech has always been and will always remain hard sci fi with a singular fantasy element based on huamn's psychological fascination with giant machines.

We like big things. We want to continue to make big things. We must continue to find a reason to do so in a world where everything keeps getting smaller.
>>
>>44186137
I'm not mad.

I'm CRRRAAAAAAAZZY!!!!
>>
>>44186143
>Battletech has always been and will always remain hard sci fi with a singular fantasy element based on huamn's psychological fascination with giant machines.

And FASAnomics. Don't forget those. :-P
>>
>>44186011
We rearmor the mechs with megadamage plating, duh
>>
>>44186304
also a good idea, though i think they may have it already.
>>
frankly, we should let the top men of the 'The Periphery' forum write ilClan. it can't be any worse than what the current writing staff would do
>>
>>44186412
Again, its not the factions that need to change. People are in love with their factions, nobody wants to mess with the status quo in that regard.

You need new tech and new mech.
>>
>>44185953
closest I could realistically see us getting is Brains-In-Jars from resurrected wobblies or some such, honestly interface suits aren't that far from it.
>>
We seem to spend a lot of time talking about what we don't want to happen (no Ghost Rome take over, no Coleman Confederation fiat win)... but what do we actually want to happen?

Star League resurgent?
Clans resurgent?
Illuminati takeover?
FedCom Arise?
Zombie Amaris?
>>
>>44186473

I honestly don't mind what they do as long as it makes sense.

Like, if they just don't do shit like upending the status quo just because the author has a raging hard-on for a given faction. You want an underdog to win? Fine, just set it up. Don't do shit like having Sun Tsu Liao being a god damn ruse master who's convinced everyone he's nuttier than chipmunk crap and magically turn the CCAF from a laughingstock to being literally the best-trained of the House forces with a military leader who shits on Hanse from a great height. You want to get to the same end point? You can do that. Show us it's a ruse, show us the preparation. Don't just go "Oh hey, btw XIN SHENG, GRORIOUS CAPERRA, WIN WIN WIN!" out of fucking nowhere. Have stuff in the plotline be a logical extension of what's gone before.

Realistically what I think we'll see within the 3150-3160 timeframe is the Dracs over-reaching and crumbling due to civil war and the Bears attacking. The Suns will reclaim most, but maybe not all of their lost territory with Julian leading a counter-attack taking advantage of the civil war and/or Bears. The Capellans will continue making mincemeat of the Republic. The Wolves are in bad shape and need to consolidate their new holdings. The Lyrans appear to be straight fucked, with a Skye secession likely. If they let go of that province, they might be able to hang on to the rest of their realm against the Falcons.

Barring the Homeworld Clans showing up, the Bears and Falcons will be the ones duking it out over the ilClanship. They're the ones who've been set up for it the most, though given the Bears' power and history of winning everything I'd say they have the edge over the Falcons on that front.

The FWL is kinda screwed because none of its plotlines intersect with the Capellans, Suns, Falcons, or Bears, and they're the ones with the spotlight and/or strength to stay at the forefront of the metaplot.
>>
>>44186473
what I want is an AU already, so why even hope

if I absolutely had to come up with something, it'd be vaguely like so
>capcon is cock shocked when the MoC betrays them at the exact moment that Free Capella and neo-St.Ives uprisings begin, which the suns take advantage of to take back a passel of worlds
>the TC reunifies and takes advantage of the situation to get their worlds back from the suns while they're busy
>an uncharacteristically militant faction in the OA hijacks a warship and begins a underground movement to REMOVE RAVEN
>the lyrans cooperate with the FWL and Dracs in a concentrated effort to roll back clan territorial gains, which, combined with the wrasslehogs is a surprising success
>the free rasalhague movement bursts onto the scene by nuking both of the Levs out of the sky, and [rebellion intensifies] in the former FRR; turns out they were just stockpiling gear and biding their time rather than genuinely rolling over for the clans
>republic continues to fall apart
>suns manage to slow down the Drac Attack because the dracs are focused on getting their worlds back from the clans
>>
>>44186711
>Don't do shit like having Sun Tsu Liao being a god damn ruse master who's convinced everyone he's nuttier than chipmunk crap and magically turn the CCAF from a laughingstock to being literally the best-trained of the House forces with a military leader who shits on Hanse from a great height.
don't forget convincing a bunch of people who hate the CC's guts to literally die for the glory of xin shong
>>
>>44186767
Didn't he also ascend and become a God or some shit?
>>
>>44186473
Shit to calm the fuck down. Let international politics go back to a decent period of angry stares and raids, and let some of the lesser nobles and such get feudy with each other and have their own feuds and fights kick up again.

But I guess intranational politics require more effort, and don't feed factionfags much, since such conflicts won't be "us vs them" scenarios.
>>
>>44186767

Well, the underlying problem goes back to the 4th SW.

By having the Suns and Lyrans ally, they made a single faction that had the forces to hold a border each while beating the everliving fuck out of a neighbouring state (in that case, the Suns and the Caps, with the Lyrans belting the Dracs). The only logical outcome of that is "FedCom wins the Succession Wars, gg no re" which is kinda shitty. The Capellans actually needed Xin Sheng-level fiat injections along with the collapse of the FedCom to be a viable long-term nation again because of the one-sided plotline that gave the FedCom all the best military minds of the era and the biggest, best military to go with them.

IMO, BT really needs to decide whether it's going to be a largely static setting like 40K or whether it's going to have a dynamic metaplot and then commit. Realising after the fact that the FedCom/Wolves/Falcons are just too powerful and will ream everyone else forever unless there's a FedCom Civil War/Refusal War to tone them back down just makes things messier than they need to be. Either have the borders not changing much, or go the whole hog and let the sucky nations die at the hands of their more powerful neighbours.

Either way has its pros and cons, but flip-flopping between the two as BT has done over the years grates on me.

>>44186901

That's what (some of) the Capellans believe, yes. The reborn Warrior House Hiritsu has his cryogenically frozen corpse in their chapterhouse.
>>
>>44186473
Turkey burrger war covered in vegan rags with black wasabi sushi on the side.

>Free range vegan rags attempt a coup.
>Hardline burrs gouda turkeys into feeding vegans meat.
>Black wasabi sushi jumps the border and causes diarrhea everywhere.
>>
>>44185795
>>Campaign Companion

miniaturemarket.com and coolstuffinc.com say it's going to be released december 2015/january 2016.
Can one trust these guys?
I need that book.
>>
>>44186071
the fuck are you talking about, grog?
>>
>>44186767
Like who?
>>
>>44187934
No. Never. They make everything up.
>>
>>44186745
>>the TC reunifies and takes advantage of the situation to get their worlds back
I don't get why it's been like 60 years and they haven't reclaimed their colonies or reunited with the Calderon Protectorate.
Really I just think it's a shame the faction was given the shaft as a big 'fuck you' to certain people on the OF. It and the Outworlds Alliance were the most interesting Periphery factions and were both great settings for campaigns and origins for characters.

>>44186767
A lot of things randomly happened for the CC's benefit, like the Magistracy of Canopus getting beefed up magically overnight without any prep.
>decide to open a military academy and overnight it's then written as superior to the established Taurian academy
>get free 7 regiments of battlemechs literally out of the blue
>get a free Taurian general so now the MAF has an experienced leader and the TDF is compromised
>MIM is magically the best intelligence agency ever
>the fact MAF officers buy their ranks and logically should be inept as Lyran social officers is rewritten to not matter
>having a small military-industry no long matters, now the Magistracy's factories can expand and build new lines of mechs overnight and also start designing loads of new equipment
>the Magistracy can do this all despite being poorer than the Concordat (which seems unable to replace a couple regiments over several years)

Like holy fuck, that Xing Sheng magic really rubs off.
>>
>>44188395
Yeah the blatant favoritism bullshit does get old, especially with the Capellans and Canopians. That and the OF grudges carrying over into the writing.
>>
>>44188804

Maybe if you fans weren't such complete cunts we wouldn't have to kill off the things you like.
>>
File: DeVries.jpg (107 KB, 382x483) Image search: [Google]
DeVries.jpg
107 KB, 382x483
>>44189951
>you fans
>we
>>
>>44188395
Even as a MoC fan a lot of it pisses me off too, but the MIM has been pretty hot shit for a long time.
>>
>>44186711

>FWL is kinda screwed

ABSORB THE LYRANS

PURPLE FIST STRONK
>>
This is NOT warhams. We are not stuck in an unchanging set piece universe. Man the fuck up, decide on an ilkhan, and move the FUCK ON!

If they get screamed at for doing it just make sure they're also providing the occasional ancient history product so the grogs can beat their meat and spend some money.

If BT had stayed with one, maybe two, owners over the years and hadn't had huge fucking gaps between plot arcs this problem would be a lot less noticeable since people wouldn't have had time to just fucking stew.
>>
>>44190216
The MoC rising wouldn't be so bad if it had been laid out instead of overnight, and if it was for their own story instead of to play henchman to the Capellan Xin Sheng shit.
>>
>>44190335
>"hey guys I hate grogs too boy are they annoying! Do I fit in?"
fuck off
>>
File: characters.jpg (2 MB, 3340x1100) Image search: [Google]
characters.jpg
2 MB, 3340x1100
Do you make your own characters and have them drawn?

From left to right:

– Elizabeth Grosvenor (Stinger)
– Sun-Lao Ling (Rifleman)
– Marie Coriveau (Hatchetman)
– Cera Kuroda (Atlas)
– Garadun Morr (Spartan)
– Baroness Alexandra Grosvenor (Thunder Hawk)
– Jimmy Han (Chief Tech)
– Edward Ian Davion (Cestus)
– Sayuki Anzai-Davion (Excalibur)
– Laura Bauer (Griffin)
– Erik Thorvald (Orion)
– Isabelle Pearl (Locust)
>>
>>44186473
Free Skye becoming a member state of the League.

Star Adders & friends smashing the Bear power base.
>>
>>44190963
>Free Skye becoming a member state of the League.
God please no. Fuck Skye, the Lyrans can have it.
>>
File: 1327531282469.png (17 KB, 566x533) Image search: [Google]
1327531282469.png
17 KB, 566x533
>>44190406
>Fuck off

hahaha...no
>>
>>44191030
Along with Oriente and Orloff, Skye would make three competent League states. That seems like a plus to me.

>>44190963
>Star Adders & friends

Now that sounds interesting. I'd like to see the Coyotes and Lions chafe under Adder dominance, but have nothing to do about it because their toumans are too small.
>>
>>44191101
>45 minutes to find a reaction pic
you really don't fit in
>>
>>44190963

>Star Adders & Friends smash into Bears rear end.
This is the only way I see the Bears getting taken out of the running for ilKhan. Surprise Homeworld Buttsex.
Of course that would mean the Horses getting the axe too...though if that meant Stone Lions vs Horses I would be ok with it.
>>
>>44191138
>Skye
>competent
Hell nah, they'd join and then a week later be incompetently pushing for independence over "muh Free Skye!"

Let them be independent and rot, or let the Lyrans choke on them.
>>
>>44191158
Oh i'm sorry...its called life. Get over yourself groggy.
>>
>>44191138
Skye is literally just their shipyards and the "Free Skye" meme.
t. Lyran
>>
File: 1448648805738.webm (2 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1448648805738.webm
2 MB, 852x480
>>44191160
I'd like to see more of the Stone Lions. I like cat-themed clans, so it was a disappointment to see the Jaguars die and the Nova Cats turn pet and then die anyway.
Spirit Cats and Stone Lions are my hope for the future.
>>
File: 1441652277308.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441652277308.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>44191181
That's nice, son. Take your "life" back with you to /v/.

>groggy
pic related
>>
>>44191232

I like em solely because they're former Horses. Dat Clan Combined Arms man.
On top of that they have access to most of that Reavings tech.
Plus it gets away from the whole pony thing.
>>
>>44191200
>Skye is literally just half our strength
>t. Bernard the butthurt Bolan
>>
>>44191291
All good points for the Lions too.
>>
>>44191274

>son
Good lord how original. Especially since I doubt there's much of an age gap between us.

>/v/
never been. you'll have to tell me how it is.
>>
>>44191355
>I doubt there's much of an age gap between us.
Blame it on your mother, she said she was on the pill.
>>
>>44191138
And, of course, the Cloud Cobras are just going to sway under the will of whoever's on top at the time.
>>
>>44190406
I think >>44190335 is just pissed that they've effectively stalled the story line so that they don't step on toes anon.
That's a perfectly good excuse to get angry.
>>
File: 1513_tc.gif (538 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
1513_tc.gif
538 KB, 200x113
>>44191375

So wait...are you suggesting you knocked up my mother while you were still in your owns womb? Cause that's the way that came across.

If so that's an impressive delusion you have going there.
>>
>>44191459
Is that supposed to be a retort or are you retarded?
>>
>>44191399
Not really, it's just a game and it doesn't matter if the story moves forward. Players just use it as a backdrop for games and there's plenty of materiel as is.

>>44191459
That's some cringey damage control.

>>44191505
Probably the latter.
>>
>>44191459
>>44191375

Stop and kiss already, ffs.
>>
>>44191375
fuckin rekt
>>
>>44191513
Don't be weird, anon.
>>
>>44191459

Yes, that's exactly what he's suggesting.
>>
>>44191505

I fail to see how my response made any less sense than your own.
I point out that there likely wasn't an age gap between us and you respond with blaming my mom for not being on the pill?

Seriously anon.
>>
>>44191574
Wow, you really are kinda sad.
>>
>>44191555

You don't like angry nerdboys kissing? What are you, queer?
>>
>>44191574
Stick to complaining. Clever retorts clearly aren't your thing.
>>
>>44191511
Story doesn't matter? Quick! Inform every fan ever!
>>
>>44191613
I'm not a nerdboy, I have a life. Ugh.
>>
>>44191632
>Story doesn't matter
who are you quoting?
>>
>>44191613
Yes.

>>44191632
No one even said that. Strawman harder.
>>
>>44191612
>>44191624

Eh. You keep telling yourselves that you won because I stayed logical and you didn't.

Back to work.
>>
>yesterday we had a fun discussion about the American Civil War, BattleTech, and alternate history novels
>today we have a childish argument

/btg/
>>
>>44191690
>logical
Yeah ok. Go back to building Legos now.
>>
>>44191656
>>44191679

>>44191511
>it's just a game and it doesn't matter if the story moves forward.
>>
>>44191710
Isn't that what makes it great?
poopy face!

Also to debate your point on adjusting the speed of light.....

fuck it lets talk about commandos. They are fun to play.
>>
>>44191723
See those are two separate ideas. ESL?
>>
>>44191720
Hey come on now. Don't bring Legos into this. The guy is obviously done with trying to argue. He lost. Just let him be.
>>
>>44191723
>quoting a post that proves yourself wrong
I.. What?
>>
>>44188176
Taurians, MoC, FWL giving them WarShips for no reason, st.Ives regiments being willing to fight for them AFTER being conquered
>>
>>44191754
He played dumb to the other guy's insult in such a cringey fashion though. Like pretending he was the only one who didn't get it. Eek. Shitty arguments like that trigger me.
>>
>>44191232
Aww. that little kitty must have been so tired after raiding Bear space.
>>
>>44191747

Some people obviously care about the story line more than others. Wouldn't you be pissed if your favorite author indefinitely postponed his next novel because he was afraid of his own readers?
>>
>>44191710
I'm just gonna say it: the war was about states' rights and not slavery.
>>
>>44191821

You mean GRR Martin?

Because I am
>>
>>44191811

I think he probably got it. It just didn't make sense with the line of reason he was on and thus ignored it. I can sort of see where he was coming from but yeah, cringe worthy indeed.
>>
>>44191821
I don't want to be That Guy but come on, none of us really think the story in BT is that great, right? We're hear for fighting robots and fun gaming. I don't really give two shits who owns what planet.
>>
>>44191821
Unless you get literal credible death threats what a joke and if you do your readers are a joke, and shouldn't be gifted more of your writing.

>>44191833
dubs for truth... I'm a copper head tho.

So back to smashy robots...
>>
>>44191854
*here, not hear
>>
>>44191833
Yeah. Specifically their right to own slaves.
>>
>>44191836
Exactly. CGLs current dithering is provoking similar reactions in some. Especially those who, while they love certain factions, would rather see the story line progress then preserve their own special snowflake faction. Those sorts of fans are obviously in the extreme minority though.
>>
>>44191911
>would rather see the story line progress
For what purpose?
>>
>>44191854

I'm here mostly for the game myself but considering I haven't played a non-campaign game in probably 2 years the story line does matter more to me than the average player.

I'm also a historian by education if not profession so I enjoy seeing where the long history they've already given us will continue to go.
>>
>>44191976
We have literally centuries of history to play with already. I don't see the need to rush. There's no reason to be impatient and angry about the future. Most players don't even play the current era anyway.
>>
>>44191932

For the simple pleasure of continuing the story? To finish what they started?

Are you one of those people who ignores fluff in any game they play? Not just BT but every other game that has even the slightest bit of background plot?
>>
>>44186745
>OA rebels steal one ship

So what's that gonna do vs the entire fleet the ravens have?
>>
>>44192053
>finish
When exactly will that be?

>Are you one of those people who ignores fluff
No, I just don't see the reason in complaining about it when it's the least of BT is.
>>
>>44192034
They're hardly 'rushing' anything. They're taking their sweet ass time.

In the mean time they're going back to eras that they had explicitly said they would never cover.

Pardon me if this makes me slightly irritated.
>>
>>44189951
Your trollfu is weak, go back to your hidden forum on the OF and whine about us mean /btg/ people while Kit fakes being a woman for you.
>>
>>44192086

I think he means finish the current era anon. They have been building up to a major event.
>>
>>44190578
>Marie Coriveau
>Alexandra Grosvenor
>Sayuki Anzai-Davion

Lllllladies...
>>
>>44192099
You're pardoned. I want you less irritated since I don't think it's worth getting upset over. Like I said, we have centuries already.
>>
>>44192086
Finish the current plot ffs. /btg/ is being particularly dumb this morning.

And how can you say that story line is the least of what BT is? Considering it is the sole reason new tech is introduced at all should make it rather important wouldn't you think?
>>
>>44191710
Deo Vindice
>>
>>44192136
But everyone will probably complain about it anyway.

>>44192182
>Finish the current plot ffs
It's a big mess.

>And how can you say that story line is the least of what BT is?
It could just be a tabletop game and there'd be little difference. Chess doesn't need a plot. It wouldn't suddenly be amazing if we wrote a story.

Or would it?
>>
>>44192149

Honestly its less that they're taking their time with the plot and more that they're scared silly of their own fans and are trying, rather poorly at that, to cover their own asses while also feeding the mob.

If the delay was just them trying to get it right i'd be far less frustrated.

Shit captcha. what is it with you and milkshakes?
>>
File: medron pryde.jpg (22 KB, 250x532) Image search: [Google]
medron pryde.jpg
22 KB, 250x532
>>44192232
BT does have scary fans.

I'm getting nothing but waterfall captchas.
>>
>>44192223

Its a tabletop game that has always had a plot to it and its updates and changes have almost always been plot driven. Yes the plot is messed up but its there and I want to see what happens next.
>>
File: 1329852422396.png (98 KB, 638x582) Image search: [Google]
1329852422396.png
98 KB, 638x582
>>44192280
Ok.
>>
>>44192264

>waterfalls
Getting those too. Obviously captcha is dehydrated and desires to be thrown over a waterfall while downing a milkshake.
>>
>>44191889
The question of whether to exclude or include negros into the western expansion of what was formally a white nations was kinda important as well.

Like the Southern States wanted their slave workforce to take part in it and the Northern States wanted their PURE WHITE NATION COAST TO COAST.

So in the final roundup, everybody but the former slaves lost.
>>
File: Argument.jpg (110 KB, 836x836) Image search: [Google]
Argument.jpg
110 KB, 836x836
For the idiocy up thread.
>>
>>44192351
t. Joseph "I never won a debate" Joubert
>>
>>44192301
Waterfall mech when?
>>
>>44192401
I feel it should be running art, because pouring down or something.
I got milkshakes, reminding me I missed lunch because work.
>>
>>44192351
>that quote
>over a pic of ancient Greeks, the most petty sophist fuckups in the name of logic since our species gained language
>>
>>44192542

Your command of the english language makes my penis hard anon.
>>
>>44190578
>all these waifs and pretty people
>mechwarriors
I find this claim to be dubious at best.
>>
Daytime /btg/.

Always worth skipping.
>>
>>44192698
It's the middle of the night. I blame American BT fans.
>>
Nah man, if the homeworld clans ever show up again, it will be with all of them as relative equals. Not to mention they will each be stronger and smarter than the clans of the original invasion.
>>
File: verification.png (83 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
verification.png
83 KB, 320x240
Question raised in the board games thread:
Is BT a board game or tabletop miniatures wargame? Why?
>>
>>44192852
Meant to respond to >>44191138
>>
>>44192698
It's not just/btg/, I feel like we're in the middle of a troll wave
>>
>>44192852

Design Challenge!

The Homeworlders are back for Invasion II: The Purgening.
What sort of new or revised heavies do they pilot into battle?
>>
>>44192889
Wargame.
>>
>>44192889
It's a wargame played on a board/a board game that's about war. Like ASL, SFB, A&A, etc...
>>
>>44192933
Cloud Cobras develop a new jet-transformation heavy called the Starscream
>>
>>44192889
Wargame, because it focuses on a wide range of tactical and strategic operations, individual units and their actions, complex rules, aims to simulate realism (within broad parameters - despite the mechs and futuristic weapons, there are ranges, fog of war, skill and morale, etc)
>>
>>44192889
Neither, really. It's a wargame with slight roleplaying elements. There's not much like it left
>>
>>44192649
see: Lori Kalmar.
>>
>>44192798
>>44192917

Schools are out for Christmas break
>>
>>44192074
Provide a space for a table where they can meet to talk over and amicably work out the wrinkles in the relationship?
>>
>>44192889
It's a board game 'cause people play it on map boards. q.e.d.

>At least in the paradigm that it must be either a boredgame or a miniature wargame. Mostly because in the Total Warfare version what's used to represent the units is totally academic. Miniatures rules are an addendum that causes issues with the core rule base of the game.

>Alpha Strike can make a claim to being written as a miniature wargame, but its flourshment is hampered by the developers hamfisted attempts to kludge the rules to align with concepts presented in the boredgame version. The two different scales of command need two different, if relatable, sets of mechanics to resolve them as they need to model different challenges and aspects of their respective scales.

You wouldn't used 'Combat Commander' to model the entire eastern front from arctic to caucus, would you?
>>
>>44194162
>it's a board game cause people play it on a board

You've taken your idiotic namefagging too far
>>
>>44194162
You play it on a map, not a board
>>
>>44194178
To be fair both merriam-webster and oxford dictionaries support the namefag's logic.
>>
>>44194178
come on
>>
>>44194216
What's the difference?
>>
>>44194238
A board is something like candyland, Last Will, Fury of Dracula, etc have. A map is something that Battletech, Panzer Blitz, Storm of Steel, etc has.
>>
>>44193855
That would explain the total shitshow over in /swg/
>>
>>44194282
That's not really definitive.
Both represent physical space, and are divided into distinct spaces.
>>
>>44194338
what's happening?
>>
>>44194238
Thickness. Battletech maps are thin paper, therefore it clearly can't be a "board" game.
>>
>>44194374
So if you printed the fury of dracula map out on paper and used that, it would no longer be a board game?
Come on.
>>
File: 1445199108814.jpg (31 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1445199108814.jpg
31 KB, 514x536
>>44194361
pic related.
astonishing shitposting, hundreds of posts worth. entire threads ran out in a few hours.
all the regulars have decided to leave for a while to avoid getting spoilered, and the trolls are just running free
>>
>>44194178
I'd take more offense at his 40kid "it's a BOREDgame huehuehue" wording.
>>
>>44194570
How do you troll /swg/ exactly?
>>
>>44194641
>rebels are terrorists
>muh disney shills
>toy commercial
>toy commercial
>muh sith
it's like a terrible combination of /tv/, /v/ and /new/
I suppose trolls would not be the right word, exactly. shitposters would probably be better
>>
>>44194641

Insist that the EU was *not* a foetid pile of shit, I imagine.

Which shouldn't be a troll so much as objective fact, but people keep insisting that anything aside from small parts of the Zahn trilogy and a large part of KOTOR was anything more than Medron Pryde-level fanwank. Any universe in which Qui-Gonn and Yoda have the *same fighting style* and lightsabres use magic crystals that "totally AREN'T RPG-character powerups" is crap on its face.
>>
>>44194735
>implying KOTOR wasn't shit

>oh look, it's three thousand years in the past but everything looks exactly like the prequals
>KOTOR 2's entire plot that is literally just chris avillone's masturbation about how he dislikes star wars
>>
>>44194735
hey now, the X-wing series was decent.
sure it was half stackpole, but it wasn't BAD stackpole
>>
>>44194809
That's because stackpole works well in a cinematic black and white universe. He does not work well in a semi-stimulationist universe with good guys that are supposed to have flaws.
>>
>>44195011
yep, that's about the size of it
>>
>>44194789

I think that's why he said "part of" KOTOR. The story was fine, the characters were fine, and it was a fun game. The visuals were the huge problem, but who thinks visuals are the only important part of a game?
>>
Alright boys, new challenge: rewrite the Xin sheng/ MoC/TC plot to make sense.
There are some constraints: The CapCon DOES have to come out of this better than it went in
St.Ives can survive
No metagrudge shit
Where things come from has to be explained

I believe in you, /btg/
>>
>>44194676
Definitely shitposting, even if they are correct.

>>44191232
>Spirit Cats join the FWL.webm

>>44194735
>implying BT novel are any better
>>
>>44194216
>>44194178
You play 'Risk' on a map of the world too. Doesn't make it any less of a boredgame.
>>
>>44194221
Holy hellfire! Someone's decided to impersonate me.

>I'm flattered.
>>
>>44195786
Easy way: Xin Sheng starts in 3053 (a year after sunny takes office), instead of 3060. Everything is then strung out over the now doubled time span.

Start with heavy investment of the CC's limited budget into industrial rebuilding. Once heavy industry is moving along, reach out to the MoC and TC. Follow through on industrial deals and agreements, leading up to a formal alliance several years later. Build up the MoC/TC as in canon, just strung out more. Don't relatively gimp the TC as much, they'll bring themselves back in line with canon by being idiots during the Jihad. Have Xin Sheng be mainly Chinese in the Sian commonality, but embracing more local cultures in the less central commonalities.

There. People's main problem is that it happened so quick, but if you add another seven years for it to happen that isn't a problem.
>>
>>44195923
>>implying BT novel are any better

Who in the hell is implying that?

>>44195786
>No metagrudge shit

I don't think this will end well.

>Where things come from has to be explained

In general, I agree with this. The problem is that the random shit the MoC gets from an *unknown place* somewhere in the Deep Periphery dates back to Periphery 1e. It's not a recent thing, or a case of authorial fiat (as far as anyone knows, anyway. Rick David Stuart has evidently dropped completely off the map). It's the earliest in-universe mystery of the faction.
>>
>>44196081
>People's main problem is that it happened so quick

The main problem is that it happened at all. The CC should be a rump state at best, and the Periphery states should have stayed the hell out of the game where they belong.
>>
>>44196134
>change is bad, m'kay?
Found the French soldier
>>
>>44196215
Don't insult the old guard like that
>>
>>44194583
You should know that the Rookie regularly attends a bi-monthly strategy wargaming club.

>Just about everything they play fits the definition of a boardgame. Much of it's pretty obscure, hardcore stuff. 'Wargame' and 'boardgame' aren't mutually exclusive terms.

I realize somepeople like to think that BattleTech is for grown-ups so they don't feel like they're playing with children's toy, but defending this on the basis of it not being a boardgame is 'no true Scotsman' levels of spurious.
>>
>>44196289
Then you should at least know how to spell boardgame correctly.

>...either a boredgame or...
>presented in the boredgame version.

Using "boredgame" instead of the actual word is just being a petty dick.
>>
>>44196081

Acceptable. I could really do without the whole Chinese thing being nation wide.
>>
>>44196289
But BattleTech makes a really mediocre boardgames and a much better wargame.
By that I mean any of the boxed sets fucking suck at encompassing what the game actually is, and really only serve as a decent introduction to a very limited version of the game.
>>
>>44196134

>Rump state at best
Found the Davion loyalist.
>>
>>44195786
I've given this some thought in the past:
I agree a lot with >>44196081's suggestion of a rebuilding focus starting in the early 3050, with heavy focus on simple, easy to build, tough units and lots of them. additionally, Sun-tzu attempts to attract manufacturers to the CapCon by promising very favorable conditions for military manufacturers, and a few take him up on it.
also, the CCAF starts hiring every mercenary unit that it can lay hands on, promising very good deals on long contracts.
the CCAF expands from 30-odd regiments as of 3048 to 42 or so by 3060, including ~3 of mercenaries, but many of the new regiments are inexperienced, but they have the advantage of brand-new equipment and the fact that most of their members have been selected for their fanatical loyalty (lots of green/fanatical units). lots of Vindicators, cataphracts and such.

Meanwhile, out in the periphery, tommy calderon has decided to rework the TDF. Rather than forming large numbers of new regiments with the mechs that the taurian industries are cranking out by the ton, he decides instead to rebuild the existing ones; stingers, wasps and locusts are sold to the MoC and replaced with newly built heavy mechs. by 3055, the TDF sits at 18 overstrength regiments and is one of the heaviest on average mech forces in known space, and the MAF has grown by three regiments worth of bugs alone, in addition to the medium and heavy mechs that they have purchased from the Taurians and Lyrans, as well as their own factories and mysterious sources. by 3060, they have a full 20 regiments, most oriented around harassment and fast-attack tactics.
>con't

>>44196105
the thing is, though, the MoC's magical military growth is never said to have anything to do with that Mysterious Equipment Source. they didn't even bother handwaving it that much
personally, before the jihad stuff came out, I figured C*/the WoB was their secret source and benefactor
>>
>>44194735
The first few Rogue Squadron books and the Dark Forces series were good.
>>
>>44195786
Jeff Calderon does die. The TC goes along but cautiously instead of letting themselves get fucked.
Doesn't go retard off into the Pleiades, so instead they're in good shape to support the CapCon when Hasek launches Sovereign Justice.
Still get jacked up by the Jihad, but less so and with less pants-on-head-retardation involved.
>>
>>44196215
Really he's kind of right. They'll never release an Operation Guerrero SB because the CCAF operations won't make any sense. The sector of the Sarna March they hit had at least 18 AFFS or Davion merc regiments, not to mention Lyran units that wouldn't have received the appeal from Katherine to leave yet.
>>
>>44197602
>Jeff Calderon does die
Derp, my inner Sun-Tzu wrote that. Meant to say "Doesn't die"
>>
>>44195786
>>44196747
>con't
In the mid 3050s, the CapCon approaches the TDF and MAF about a non-aggression pact and cross-training between the three forces, so as to improve the new, green, regiments of the CCAF and MAF and (in the taurian's eyes especiall) show the FedCom that they have actual military strength

In the late 3050s, however, the Taurians start to improve relations with the St.Ives Compact and the Magistracy seems to be following suite.

in an attempt to "buy" the two periphery power's friendship away from his planned target, Sun-Tzu offers a ton of Star League tech secrets, but St.Ives also makes a similar offer, which results in something of a standoff, though joint Taurian-Canopian investment results in the construction of a Thunderbolt factory on Victoria, and the TDF and MAF both begin to import mechs (including a number of assault models) from the Compact

in 3060, a summit on Detroit between Jeffery Calderon, Emma Centrella and Candice Liao is attacked by parties unknown, supposedly pro-independence terrorists from the New Colony Region.
Candice Liao is able to escape, but the other two are captured.
Just hours before a joint TDF/MAF special forces team arrives, Capellan Death Commandos stage a rescue attempt. Emma Centrella is rescued unharmed, but Jeffery Calderon is severely injured, loosing an arm and slipping into a coma.
Immediately thereafter, Grover Sharplan manages to get himself appointed Regent Protector for the duration of Calderon's incapacity. he immediately follows this up with an announcement that the TDF will be joining Sun-Tzu's impending campaign against the St.Ives Compact, and TDF units begin to deploy in preparation.
>Con't
>>44197715
I've always kind of assumed that jeff calderon's death on detroit was deliberate; it's certainly sun-tzu's style
>>
>>44195786
>>44196747
>>44198509
>con't

A few months later, however, as the first stages of the invasion begin to jump off, Jeff calderon comes out of his coma and causes a massive shitstorm by claiming that the death commandos sent to "rescue" him in fact attempted to kill him after killing his captors, provoking massive confusion as he retakes the protectorship and orders all TDF troops home. at the same time, several TDF units launch raids on outlying Capellan worlds in retribution
this rapidly forces Sun-tzu to halt his planned invasion of st.ives before any serious fighting could take place.
in retaliation, however, he orders all the Canopian and Taurian investments in the Confederation nationalized and seized several merchant ships carrying taurian battlemechs intended for sale on Outreach, using them to replace most of his losses from the abortive invasion of St.Ives.

Instead, in 3065-66, he deploys the even further enlarged CCAF to attack several worlds lost to the Suns during the Fourth Succession War, and manages to recapture a few while the suns are busy with the FCCW.
At the same time, Blakist-MIM influence is growing in the Magistracy, and the Concordat is launching a propaganda campaign among the former taurian worlds in the federated suns outback, urging them to rejoin the Concordat and escape the "clearly disintegrating" suns. this isn't very effective, but it happens in place of attempting an actual invasion.
the Fighting Urkhai show up in the concordat and end up signing a contract to garrison the outer reaches of the Concordat against the increasing number of pirate attacks and pro-independence (and a number of pro-liao) rebels in the New Colony Region

I'm going to stop before the Jihad because then I'd be just going farther into my own AU stuff
>>
>>44198898
>Jeff calderon comes out of his coma and causes a massive shitstorm by claiming that the death commandos sent to "rescue" him in fact attempted to kill him after killing his captors
Why would the DC not finish the job then? They're utterly ruthless, why would they do this and then half-ass the job?
>>
>>44199187
presumably they would have thought "his arm's off and he looks like he's going into a coma, he'll probably die soon" and not wanted to make it look like anything but an accident by shooting again
also, seems like I deleted the line where the TDF/MAF special forces unit hits the place RIGHT after the DCs do when I was splitting the thing up.
so the series of events would go something like so
>DCs break in, shoot everybody except emma
>TDF/MAF bursts in just minutes later because holy fuck what are these guys doing, we were about to go and then these assholes hit the place, grabs nearly-dead jeff calderon
>death commandos find out afterwords that he somehow survived and are praying that he doesn't wake up
>only the best of canopian medical science keeps his ass alive and allows him to eventually leave the coma
>>
Branth Infantry models when?
>>
>>44199701
Not sure when, a few years ago?
>>
>>44199701

In the Online Exclusive Infantry section, both flying and on the ground.
>>
>>44196081
Make there be low-level but strong jostling between the Chinese and Russian parts. The Russkies are weaker in overall numbers and wealth but make up a lot of the military cabal.
>>
File: Cataphract in water.jpg (406 KB, 1600x790) Image search: [Google]
Cataphract in water.jpg
406 KB, 1600x790
>>44186711
>The FWL is kinda screwed because none of its plotlines intersect with the Capellans, Suns, Falcons, or Bears, and they're the ones with the spotlight and/or strength to stay at the forefront of the metaplot.
Republic becomes member state of FWL, FWL defends it against Capellans and Falcons
WoB remnants bring the Erinyes and Sparta into the Republic/FWL armada, making FWL target of the Bears' grudges against WoB
War against Capellans and Bears somehow takes place primarily in Suns space
(Republic absorbs Falcons, FWL uses ex-Falcons to drive Wolves back towards the Marian Hegemony)

>>44192401
>Cataract related
>>
>>44190578
damn those are some characters, 10/10, would watch animation featuring them.
>>
Gentlemen.
How do we fix the naval situation?
>>
>>44202726
Xin Sheng?
>>
>>44202726
Redesign WarShips to fall into hard classes, make the bottlenecks not the transit drives, but the purity of the Germanium needed to make a Compact KF core. Or just KF cores in general. Also, WarShips just become rarer rather than die out in the Succession Wars, because ROM likes being space knights. Also, sensible fucking cargo tonnages on ships. Rather than making the standard KF core cost 95% of the tonnage, it's 80%. That gives you so much more mass for cargo on JumpShips to be shuttled to your droppers, or if you want to keep the huge KF cores, redesign every DropShip so that they can carry more than peanuts for supplies, so upton half of them.
>>
>>44202726
sub 100kt landing capable, WarShips that are common enough that every large organization has them;
the houses have them
the periphery has them
mercs have them
even the fucking rim collection has like one or two
>>
>>44202726
make dropships and jumpships like 80% cheaper, make WarShips way more common. make Surface-Space defenses far more effective.
use NEAerospace rules adjustments
get people to actually PLAY aerotech
done
>>44190578
looks like the cast of a webcomic that I'd read all the time for like four years until it suddenly stops updating 10/10
>>
>>44190578
idle curiosity, does Elizabeth drive a Stinger or a Stinger LAM?
>>
new idea to advance the BT storyline:
It is literally the End Of Days
The Man is Coming Around
The Seven Seals are being opened
The Four Horsemen are riding
what happens?
>>
>>44204936
>The Four Horsemen are riding
What 'Mechs' do they use? Horse just aren't as imposing to someone in the 32nd(ish) century.
>>
>>44205011
I dunno. A man on a pale horse who is simply immune to the weapons of Man and mech would be pretty fuckin scary, IMO
>>
>>44204936
Universe ends in apocalyptic battle on Dieron?
>>
>>44204936
I think Ric Flair would pilot a heavy mech, with lots of lasers, from the 80s. So a flashman with reinforced legs and laser heat sinks.
>>
>>44204936
All I know is that the clans are going to have rather a lot of explaining to do on the Day Of Judgment
>>
File: Ju-Lei Marshigama.jpg (69 KB, 349x527) Image search: [Google]
Ju-Lei Marshigama.jpg
69 KB, 349x527
>>44192649
Hey, Marshigama's Legionnaires is/was literally a unit full of hot women (founded by Miss Ningpo 3017) and badasses with scars and facial hair. It was a joining requirement.

(Of course, early BT art probably does not make Ms Marshigama justice. I hope.)
>>
>>44201199
>All that FWL going full Prussia and bitch slapping everyone thru borg-democracy shenanigans.

I am okay with this. I hope it hilariously collapses on itself from internal pressures.
>>
>>44205011

>What 'Mechs' do they use?

>He doesn't know about the Four Horsemen of Errai

>Point and laugh, everyone, point and laugh
>>
it's a real shame that solaris more or less faded out after the jihad; as an old Car Warsfag it was one of the more fun parts of the setting to me and I'm sad that it's gone
>>
>>44202804
>ROM likes being space knights.

Dohohoho
>>
>>44202726
Take all the BT warships and put them in a separate game where they don't completely ruin a fictional universe with ground combat as its primary conceit.
>>
File: F1syqltto1_540.jpg (154 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
F1syqltto1_540.jpg
154 KB, 540x720
>>44192144
m'lady
>>
>>44208115
Armies teleport from planet to planet?
Or the whole setting is crammed into one planet?
Yeah, nah. Warships already stay out of the ground game just fine and your asinine solution is I just took the bait guys, sorry.
>>
>>44208828
>bait
Interesting word choice coming from the guy who is claiming that warships are the only way to move things between planets.
>>
>>44208828
ignore the retards that hate warships
>>
>>44209235
Where did I say that I hate warships? I think they're neat, and I've probably played more AT/BS than 99% of BT players. But trying to make BT more naval-friendly would radically alter the universe and fuck up the core of the game if you tried to play it anything close to realistic. Warships make great narrative elements but making them more common or relevant would fuck the kind of warfare that BT is predicated upon. There's a reason that as soon as they were reintroduced there needed to be a big contrived plot reason why people wouldn't actually use them to win battles.
>>
>>44209700
>trying to make BT more naval-friendly would radically alter the universe and fuck up the core of the game if you tried to play it anything close to realistic
surface-to-orbit V2 rockets
>>
Can I get a hand on Clan Wolf paint schemes, please?

I'm trying to dig up info on Wolf schemes in the Op:Klondike era. Specifically, were they using the "Galaxy" colors listed on CamoSpecs, or were they only using the slate-gray "default" paint scheme? The actual Operation Klondike book has no data on it one way or another, but maybe there's been OF posts or something of which I'm not aware.
>>
>>44210957
Probably slate grey since their Galaxy colors wouldn't have been fleshed out yet.
>>
>>44211012

I'll agree that that is my initial read too, but I'm hoping for a citable source, if one exists. If not, I'll go with the slate anyway.
>>
>play Liao
>no one in LGS plays Liao or likes them
>people have only grown to hate them more as House Liao ascends
Being a Capellan is suffering

Any other Capellan fans here?
>>
>>44211385

Yeah, winning everything is suffering. Right. Pull the other one.
>>
>>44211790
Winning is no fun if you have no one to share the victory with, anon.
>>
>>44211385
not really. I kind of liked them for a while, and then xin sheng happened and screwed over factions I happened to like more than the capcon
>>
>>44212278
Why should that matter? It's not about winning. What factions did you like more?
>>
>>44212344

There's a difference between "not winning" and having what you like ripped out.
>>
>>44212344
I liked the magistracy, and Xin sheng ended up basically killing it off as an actual faction. it was also the beginning of the concordat's slide into being endlessly shit upon, which I'm rather mad about.
also, it killed off the st.ives compact.
now, I didn't have any special affection for them as a faction, but them going out reduced the number of minor powers, and I like having those around

it also whacked a bunch of chaos march factions, which I was fond of, but that was so inevitable I'm not even mildly annoyed about that
>>
>>44212457
What was ripped out?

>>44212504
Oh I agree about the Periphery powers. I kind of think it would be better if they weren't dragged into IS stuff. Don't agree with St. Ives, that loose thread was annoying.
>>
>>44212547
>I kind of think it would be better if they weren't dragged into IS stuff.
I think about 90% of periphery fans will agree to that, man
I could take or leave st.ives itself, I just like having minor powers and little "buffer states" between the big guys
>>
>>44212644
St. Ives was neat as a buffer state, and I won't deny it certainly did have its moments, but it seems like certain authors would treat St. Ives like the "good" Capellans and that shit got old.
The whole Allard-Liao clan can seriously fuck itself. Candace was amazingly just a straight bitch, and Kai was unbearable to read as a POV character.

As an aside, I don't think there's any state with more House troops-turned-mercs than the Confederation.
>>
>>44212849
>As an aside, I don't think there's any state with more House troops-turned-mercs than the Confederation.
Yep
Although they also managed to turn the biggest mercenary unit in the inner sphere into house troops, so it kind of balances out.
>>
I have an idea: we all create FMM(r) AtB merc units RIGHT before the clan invasion, take the first anti-clan contract we can get and see who lasts longest, and post the results here
anyone up for that?
>>
>>44214054

Neat idea. With or without the Helm Core technology retcon? Without will be harder, since everyone will have exclusively L1 units.
>>
>>44214294
CampaignAnon definately gets level 1 only because he's way too good at this, but for the rest of us, I'd go with the retcon
>>
File: concept-archer-hero.png (906 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
concept-archer-hero.png
906 KB, 1000x1000
Like an avatar of death, the red-painted Warhammer filled Morgan Kell’s HUD until the BattleMech blocked out all of existence.

Gasping against the overheated air, awash in sweat and fatigue that dragged at muscles until each movement was painful, Morgan slowly closed his eyes, lifted his chin, waiting. Accepting.

I have fought the good fight. My men … my brother … they will survive to fight another day.

A calm settled across him. The exhaustion of the hours-long duel with Yorinaga Kurita—the finest MechWarrior Morgan had ever faced—eased, then disappeared. That calm washed down into Morgan’s soul and even, he fancied, into his bones. A serene sense of gracefully bowing before the inexorable march of the inevitable freed feelings he’d not known since the Periphery. Since …

Ah, Tempest, my love …. how I miss you.

Yet he felt only joy at their time together, not the bittersweet of separation—a price paid in full for the time shared with that brilliant woman.

Even through the hermetically sealed cockpit and the muffling of the neurohelmet, the cacophony of Yorinaga’s alpha strike hammered at Morgan’s consciousness. Despite his calm, a quick inrush of breath held for long moments before he realized—

Huh …? I’m not dead? What the hell? How did Yorinaga miss?!

Almost without thought, his body moved, arms grabbing joysticks and wrenching weapons fire. The Archer’s missile covers opened, and a spread of forty long-range missiles leapt at the Warhammer bearing the steel insignia of the Draconis Combine’s elite Second Sword of Light regiment. Though too close to arm, they battered the enemy BattleMech nevertheless. The missiles momentarily occluded the Warhammer with the dust of impact, giving Morgan time to wrench his kneeling, one-armed ’Mech back to its feet.

(cont...)
>>
>>44214631

Braced and waiting for the approach of death this time, Morgan saw the Warhammer appear from the smoke and once more unleash every weapon at its disposal: searing particle beams, lasers, and missiles reached out to embrace the Archer.

An eerie déjà vu enveloped Morgan until he shook as a leaf on the wind, skin prickling. He gasped for air.

At point-blank range, one of the finest MechWarriors stalking any battlefield missed every single weapon shot. For the second time.

Am I already dead?

St. Marinus House

Zaniah III

Isle of Skye, Lyran Commonwealth
19 November 3018
Morgan shot awake from the nightmare with a bloodcurdling shout, kicking off drenched bedding as though it were the confines of his cockpit from years ago. Blind with panic despite the dim bank of coals in the corner alcove, he strove for calm, drawing on the breathing exercises and calming techniques he was learning through the graceful brothers of St. Marinus House. But to no avail. The images and feelings seared in his mind: a monstrous, out-of-control BattleMech that careened and stomped, tearing at his sanity.

What the hell happened to me that day?

Morgan collapsed back into his bed and curled into a fetal position. He waited for the worst of the attack to pass, enduring the pain, knowing that even if he found the lee, the storm was always just a sleepless night away.

Until I can figure it out, I must remain in exile. Too dangerous. Too dangerous for me, too dangerous for my brother and the Kell Hounds …

Too dangerous ….

Too dangerous ….

Too dangerous ….

The metronome of his racing heart accompanied him back into oblivion.
>>
File: supply_run_by_spooky777-d9kau4i.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
supply_run_by_spooky777-d9kau4i.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
looks fun, would ride with them
>>
>>44214631
>>44214668
>yfw morgan was a ghost and that's why he couldn't be targeted
>>
File: Stannis's_Cavalry.jpg (374 KB, 1002x729) Image search: [Google]
Stannis's_Cavalry.jpg
374 KB, 1002x729
what faction is the House Baratheon of BattleTech?
>>
>>44215319

Davion. Fat, ugly white people who are hated by everyone else in the setting and who are ultimately losers.

Xin Sheng, bitches.
>>
File: CC3025.jpg (118 KB, 316x614) Image search: [Google]
CC3025.jpg
118 KB, 316x614
>>44215394
show me on the map where hanse touched you, madcap
>>
>>44215730

Heck, I'd show you on a map, but I'd need to use a 3025 Fedsuns map to show you most of it.
>>
>>44215730
who captured more Capellan worlds, the Davions or Mariks?

and literally fuck the captchas. It gives me a green check four times and then says I didn't do them right.
>>
File: Cunnyham.jpg (1 MB, 1169x1700) Image search: [Google]
Cunnyham.jpg
1 MB, 1169x1700
>>44215908
A quick rough count gives Davions a slim victory, taking roughly 78 Capellan worlds to the Marik's 74.
All-in-all, a nice close race. Until Hanse broke the all-time score, of course.
>>
File: BT Good Burn3.jpg (77 KB, 730x478) Image search: [Google]
BT Good Burn3.jpg
77 KB, 730x478
>>44215903
>>
>>44214548
But anon, I've already done that with Introtech. Only two pilots had SPAs, and the one with Sniper was a modded Grasshopper.
>5 Fucking Galaxies of Clanners later
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.