[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40krpg General: Inquisitorial Conclave Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 30
File: 1449276642240.png (162 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
1449276642240.png
162 KB, 600x255
Inquisitorial Conclave Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

Book Repositories (mega is more comprehensive and up to date)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

Enemies Without:
https://my.mixtape.moe/jbsyqt.pdf

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armour and NPCs/adverseries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v5.43.150418), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Not updated with any DH2 content.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.5.1), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kpl4pvkdiidvg6n/Fear_and_Loathing.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nf19t1z8p2prwrx/The_Fringe_is_Yours.pdf

Remember, ask a specific question, we'll be happy to help. But if you're vague, we'll tell you to make your players fight necrons. Probably.

Last thread had autosaged and I couldn't find one in the catalogue!
>>
>>44167931
Has your GM ever made fun custom gear for you? Not necessarily incredibly powerful, but different in some respect?
>>
>>44162668
>>44165021
To answer what I intended to answer before I noticed the thread had autosaged.

If the NPC stats in DH2 are balanced after a DH2 partys powerlevel FFG has done a really shitty fucking job. Because the stats of the npc's really does not follow any internal structure nor do they represent their fluff or tabletop counterparts (something they've been able to do very well in the other systems). The stats seem to be just really fucking rushed and not thought through. Because certain skills or talents an NPC should have are very often missing and their base often have outrageous toughness scores for what they are simply so they can have better soak in case a PC should shoot at them. Which to me is just shitty worldbuilding. It especially becomes apparant how terrible this is when comparing to NPC balancing of the other systems, where Deathwatch is the only one that sticks out with generally tougher enemies. Because Space Marines tend to murder shit incredibly easily. Otherwise, the NPC's of the other systems follow basically the same baseline of comparison (DH1 characters of X amount of XP generally) and that has lent to very consistent statting of NPC's across the systems.

Now, I am of the school as a GM that any NPC stats will need to be given a once over so they are appropriate for how I play games with my group and I assume everyone will atleast do the same for their own games. Because honestly, not even the old NPC stats were always to my satisfaction (or perfect), especially when it comes to higher power enemies (such as Greater Daemons and the Avatar) and vehicles. Which I'd say FFG is notoriously poor with.

And continued in the next post because of character limit.
>>
>>44168077
>>44161813
>Any idea of a good conversion guide to make them fit into the DH2 setting?
Basically, for rules, just use the same guide used to convert PC's as the rules changes affect them the same. As for converting them to the Askellon sector, I have no idea. I run games in my own homebrew sector because FFG insists on placing their settings on the wrong end of the galaxy from where I want to run my games (the Eastern Fringe). Only exception is Deathwatch.

>>44167976
Well, speaking as a GM with a 50~ish page document of custom and homebrew gear I love doing that shit.
>>
>>44167976
I'm really bad at coming up with numbers, so no, not really, unless I'm generating treasure in Rogue Trader
>>
>>44168077
>Because certain skills or talents an NPC should have are very often missing
This is something I definitely noticed.
Commanders often don't have leadership talents or skills, and the like.
However, this really only comes truly in the Enemies line. The core book isn't as wonky nearly as often.
I will argue that each of the game lines usually styled foes after the power scale of the game line in question. For instance, compare nobs and aspect warriors in DW to RT or DH2e.
>>
>>44167976
My GM, after some attempts, has created many solid slug versions of the basic armoury, representing what the planet we are on creates for themselves.
Hell, lasweapons are not all that common.
>>
>>44168092
>the Eastern Fringe
I've just stolen The Jericho Reach from Deathwatch and filled out all the stuff that those books don't touch.

I.e. almost everything, because Deathwatch didn't bother with things that muhreens won't touch.

>custom and homebrew gear
>>44167976
My GM made an autogun that loads heavy stubber ammo. An assault rifle chambered in .50 BMG. The downside to this is that the damn thing is so worn it literally has a 50% chance to develop some kind of interesting fault the first time it's fired each session. This ranges from cutting down its RoF to 1d5 to giving it Unreliable or Inaccurate. This persists until fixed.

As a GM, I tend to make things up as I go along. On one side is the notoriously crappy Hydrorifle, which is essentially a cross between a hand-held water laser and a high-pressure cleaner, on the other is the M28 relic blade or the Null Gas.
>>
>>44168112
>I will argue that each of the game lines usually styled foes after the power scale of the game line in question. For instance, compare nobs and aspect warriors in DW to RT or DH2e.

Sure and I hope it was clear I admitted that FFG does that. However, the difference between NPC's in DH1, RT, OW, BC and DH2 is not particularly large. Basically minor tweaking to fit the specific games internal meta. Deathwatch is an outlier there because PC Space Marines are capable of committing so much damage per turn and just causing a shitload of murder that NPC's had to be significantly buffed (particularly Elite and above) to be a challenge. Which is funny because Black Crusade doesn't really do this, despite having PC Chaos Space Marines. But I reckon that's because it's a mess of a system with its balancing in my opinion.

>>44168141
Can't say I blame you, the Jericho Reach is cool.
>>
How do I deal with a player than want to Kill off his current character just so he can make a new one from the enemies without book
>>
>>44168160
Work with him to have his character retire from the warband. It could be as simple as he is being reassigned to another cell, with the new guy being transferred in.
The actual problem is the player leaping to the new hotness as soon as he saw it, and not playing out his current character. Find out why he is doing this, and why he isn't satisfied with his current character.
Also warn him to keep the shit to a minimum. I had a player who would ADD characters away to the point where no one in the group bothered to learn his characters' names, becoming a perpetuating cycle.
>>
>>44168188
The thing is that we are deep in a mutant filled bunker. So I can't really retire his character in a good way.
>>
>>44168208
Then ask him to wait. Shit, wait until there's a suitable time to retire the character, and then do it. If nothing else, if the character dies in the bunker and their visit stretches out to another session or two, there's no reasonable way to introduce a new character, leaving the player to do nothing for all that time.
>>
>>44168208
All right, I'd call him on that kind of shit.
The same player I spoke of got his character killed (in a ridiculously needless, avoidable fashion) not 20 minutes away from the bbeg they had spent most of the game hunting for, then got mad at me when I refused to allow him to bring in a new character at the climax of the game.
At your point, I'd tell him that you will not have him fuck over the party because he wants to play something from the new book, and deal with what is in front of him first.
>>
File: mordecai 4.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mordecai 4.jpg
427 KB, 1920x1080
So, not too long ago I had the wild idea of trying to make this guy in a DH2e game somehow. I fiddled with a few ideas but between my obsession with exploring the unexplored within a game, my inexperience with the setting, and my completely childish and unfocused approach to character building when I get excited about an idea... I eventually gave up on it.

That being said, another crazy idea just hit me... I like the way DH2e plays even if I'm not used to it, and I like the gritty setting even if I'm still a newfag in it... Is there a 40krpg that could mimic a Borderlands/Vault Hunter type of campaign? If so, which do you think would be best suited? Would the game/world be able to be mirrored actually within the 40k universe?

Honestly, from what little I do know, I think that a Frontier world or something within DH2e, swap out the Lance for the Imperial Guard, and play it like a DH2e game without the Inquisitorial sanction (or maybe even with it, just in a backwards sort of way and with absolutely no support from them). I would honestly probably downplay the subtlety rules for a game like this and perhaps rig up better world-wide communication for this world and add some issue that prevents offworld travel or makes it much harder than usual.

Still, DH2e is pretty brutal even though I do enjoy the ruleset, might dial it down a few notches considering it would be harder to use non-combative measures in this sort of campaign. Or is there a system that would have a bit more survivability and wouldn't need as much tweaking?
>>
File: mordecai is thirsty.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mordecai is thirsty.jpg
214 KB, 1280x720
>>44168486
Another idea was to have it basically Warhammer sans the Empire (heresy, I know, but bear with me a moment). For the most part everything has advanced in a similar fashion but on a smaller scale and mankind isn't united entirely. Pandora could be just another world that fell through the cracks or even one that is in a tentative alliance with other nearby worlds but has little to offer in terms of its own resources or military prowess (hence the strong presence of mercenaries on the planet). Perhaps a lesser version of the Empire is or was in place, or perhaps this could be set several tens of thousands of years afterwards, where the Empire fell or dissolved but mankind itself persevered against all odds. There could even be a far lesser Xenos presence now, due to the many millennia of war with Mankind they've for the most part fled to universes outside of Mankind's current reach.
>>
>>44167976

Our GM has a full document of weapons, vehicles, etc. It's not 50 pages like >>44168092 but we're not pressed for choices.
>>
Most badass thing your party member had done?
No stories about ourselves as to prevent wantfest.
>>
>>44169853
Way back when playing DH1e, after the entire party went down to horrible daemonic fire, our geriatric Psyker leaped off the ceiling and bisected the Daemonhost BBEG in a single swipe of his regular-ass sword. The Righteous Fury was insane.
>>
>>44168486

If you add "shields" that act as additional wounds and regenerate in between fights/ can be regenerated by hiding in cover, you could easily cut down on the deadliness of system.

Also, the "add descriptors" way W40k RPGs use to differentiate weapons could work pretty well for creating crazy guns.

I say go right ahead, although be prepared for some heavy homebrewing.
>>
Are there examples of human-built Niven rings in 40K or do I have to resort to calling it archeotech?
>>
>>44170388
Not as far as I know,
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ohnyl_Colonies
Is the closest I can think of. I'd hazard on the side of archeotech because Imperial Orbitals generally seem to be spaceborne arcology and similar.
>>
>>44170529
Alright, thanks.
>>
Just wondering, what exactly are Imperial Mining worlds like?

Is the whole Civilization Underground? Do they wear there suits all the time? Is there Cities on the Surface as well?

I cant really find out much about them online either.
>>
>>44169853
Two cases from our current DW campaign.

First one.
>Party is tracking down a rogue marine who is bulidng an army of Slinnar War Machines.
>Chase him into the huge sewer collector in an abandoned underhive, where we're ambushed by Slinnars.
>Party devastator is taken down.
>Party librarian notices the rogue marine trying to flank the group, shouts a warning but is charged to death across the room before he can get a turn.
>Only Tactical marine remains, engages the Rogue in melee with his non-powered claymore.
>First round, Tac attacks, misses. Rogue Attacks, puts Tac into minor crits.
>Second round, Tac attacks, hits, rolls damage.
>Righteous Fury (we used the old system, where RF allows you to roll damage again)
>Roll to confirm, roll again.
>Righteous Fury again.
>Rogue marine gets taken down in one hit.

The coolest thing about this one is how our GM described it - Tactical's desperate attack was easily blocked by the Rogue when his non-powered sword went _through_ the Rogue's powered Executioner axe, breaking it in half and cleaving into the Rogue, killing him instantly.

>cont.
>>
>>44171355
Another example, same campaign, more on the comical side.

>Group is sneaking about a Tau research facility. Along the way they find and set free a White Scar marine who was inprisoned there as a specimen (new player joining the campaign).
>They quickly find most of his equipment, except for two things. One of which is his dueling tulwar (a personal wicked-looking knife).
>Fast forward, the group finds the office of the head of the facility. The blueberry is inside, as well as an impressive rack with a collection of various knives.
>WS sees his tulwar there, freaks out and charges him, enraged. He doesn't use any weapons, just goes for a bodyslam.
>Tau has enough time only to say "What..." before a very angry marine tackles him right thorugh his desk.
>Rolls damage - Righteous Fury, autoconfirmed because a xeno. In the end, he gets enough damage to instantly kill an elderly water caste tau.
>Player sees that he can't really salvage the situation in a way that leaves the tau available for interrogation. So he decides to go all out and states that he doens't stop, slamming the tau into the opposite wall and pressing on. GM obliges, asks him to roll damage again.
>Righteous Fury.

The marine literally _gibs_ the Tau by slamming into him at full speed. The whole room is sprayed with xeno blood, his arms, legs and head are now each in a different corner of the room. Words like "Murder Train" fly around the table (it was an online game, but you know what I mean).
The kicker comes in when we search the room for any information and discover that the tau was planning to resign in a week time or less. "Retirement Train" is now pretty much an official character nickname.
>>
>>44171252
Depends on the world. Is it a volcanic hellhole? Is it an asteroid or a rogue planetoid? Is it a mostly normal place beyond being mostly metal? The Imperium is a vast place, all kinds of shit pops up.
>>
>>44171410
I once had a forge world that used a huge mining laser that was on the planet to mine the moon in orbit. The PC's where sent to stop a possible terrorist attack on the laser by heretics
>>
So, /tg/, a player of mine wants to know how much a masked bionic would cost, because he'd rather be the Terminator than Adam Jensen. I spitballed that the bionic should be of Good or Best quality and then is one step more rare than usual, but is then basically indistinguishable from a flesh limb to casual inspection, unless/until it gets damaged and the vat flesh outer layer gets burned/cut off.
So, /tg/, how would you rule it?
>>
>>44172689
I think a Best Quality bionic just kinda comes with the option of appearing natural. That's how I think of it, at least.
>>
>>44172689
Iirc, the rulebooks mention that from Good quality and onwards it can have a natural appearance and it's generally how I roll with it.
>>
File: mordecai scarf hammock.jpg (218 KB, 900x554) Image search: [Google]
mordecai scarf hammock.jpg
218 KB, 900x554
>>44170092
Glad I got a reply at least. Had to sleep eventually though. What of the setting as a whole though? Can Pandora be adapted to be within the Empire of Mankind or should I adapt the setting bigtime?
>>
>>44173507
Frontier Worlds exists

Also, if you don't mind spicing up the Borderlands formula with travelling between planets, why not look into Rogue Traders? The exploring, looting, skirting law and morality and insane gadgets are all there
>>
>>44173507
>Empire of Mankind
-Imperium-
>>
>>44173557
I did not say I was well versed. Also, I just woke up. Imperium was in my head but didn't make sense for some reason.
>>44173550
Aye, but I guess I was more concerned with the mercenary and alien tech focus. Would the inquisition or the guard rather just purge the world given the possible crap players could cause like that?

Side note, I may have to make xenos tech easier to use too come to think of it. I mean, just about anyone can pick up an eridian weapon and blast with it with reasonable proficiency, and someone skilled with one eridian weapon is skilled with all of them. Maybe edit the Exotic talent to cover weapon types instead of just individual weapons.

Thinking about it I might have a way to handle energy shields as well, I mean there are some in DH2e already but I can make others and make them more prolific.

As for Rogue Trader, I'm not sure I'd like to add planet hopping into the Borderlands formula. At least not to start with. I'll look into it though at the very least, might get some ideas. Could even maybe "ground" a team of rogue traaders for the majority of the campaign due to warp storms or xenos interference on the planet or some shit.
>>
>>44173720
Honestly, you'd find a lot of answers for your questions in Rogue Trader and its splatbooks.
>>
>>44167931
Funny character ideas for DH2 or genius ones? Except Grendel.
>>
>>44168092
wanna share it?
>>
File: Wargear of the Acheron Sector.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Wargear of the Acheron Sector.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44174111
With the risk of getting absolutely assblasted by /tg/, sure. Hope you have fun with it.

But to give a second disclaimer, a lot of it is basically "I had an idea, wrote it down and I've yet to balance because I've got other shit to do/get distracted." Like one gun and one tank statted in there are OP AS FUCK. And it's very much setting specific to the setting I run which tends to have what I call "Necromundan Cyberpunk" themes.
>>
>>44174363
Oh and it's something like 40 pages (because I removed the rules I had made for Imperial Knights since I'm making an entire separate document for that) and I just noticed the last page is my unfinished crit table for battlesuits
>>
>>44174363
I'm actually impressed, balance issues aside
>>
File: Mordecai sketchy.jpg (358 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Mordecai sketchy.jpg
358 KB, 650x650
Perhaps I can start by reading some of the other systems and books and to get in the groove of this somewhat homebrew setting/world and figure out what needs to be tweaked over time I could perhaps do a Quest thread on this w40k Vault Hunters idea... Could help me gradually establish a grasp of what's going on in the setting without overwhelming me with the project of creating everything from scratch right away.
>>
>>44174795
>I'm actually impressed
I'd like to hear some elaboration if you don't mind, only ever heard the opinions of my group and one other dude who posts stories here from his campaign at the pimply blackened ass end of the Eastern Fringe.
>>
Has anyone ever written a mystery/investigation by actually playing with an outsider player as the culprit? I'm not very good at making my mystery side plots compelling but I want to make it more than "roll perception, follow breadcrumb trail of clues".
>>
>>44174891
I do like how you've obviously put a lot of effort arranging stuff and pasting relevant art. Loved Fallschirmjaeger reference too.
Tweaking stats would require actually playing, although carapace-level protection for a 85 kg heavy armour just feels odd.
Things I didn't like is weaboo accents seriously, samurais? as everything in 40k is a reference to a reference rather than distnict copy. but then I was all like "nah man, it's your game". not sure if I'd use any of this stuff in my campaigns, though I applaud your efforts.
>>
>>44176093
>Tweaking stats would require actually playing, although carapace-level protection for a 85 kg heavy armour just feels odd.
I've played with most of the gear and it works fine in my games for the most part. But weight is something I know I have issues with, especially when it comes to what would be reasonable for the self-powered Servo-carapace armors, who are literally exo-skeletons (of the piston kind) with carapace plating attached to them.
>Loved Fallschirmjaeger reference too.
More than a reference bro. Eisenstiern and her regiments show up more often than not in my games if I need some wacky space nazis.
>Things I didn't like is weaboo accents seriously, samurais?
Makes sense in context. Since they're from planet Space GRORIOUS IMPERIAR JAPAN because it makes a good contrast to planet Space Nazi Germany, Planet Space Chivalric France, Planet WW2 America, Planet Space Persia and finally Planet Grimdark Coruscant taken to the exaggerated caricature levels of 40k. And well, half a sectors worth of planets that have blurb level notes about them. And it's in no way more inherently ridiculous than any of those.
>not sure if I'd use any of this stuff in my campaigns, though I applaud your efforts.
Thanks man. I appreciate the interest.
>>
File: Gaddafi Confused at Computer.jpg (136 KB, 456x337) Image search: [Google]
Gaddafi Confused at Computer.jpg
136 KB, 456x337
>>44174363

I'm trying to guess which gun and tonk are "OP AS FUCK." I cannot identify which gun and tonk are "OP AS FUCK."
>>
>>44176931
Iskios Sharpshooters Rifle and the Prometheus Battle Tank with all laser weaponry.

I gave the Iskios to a Ratling once. I quickly regretted it and wondered what kind of drugs I was on when I wrote its rules.
>>
File: HEAL THE TANK.jpg (121 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
HEAL THE TANK.jpg
121 KB, 780x520
>>44176989

The Rifle, I had believed that they were following OW/ DH2 versions of felling and toxic, which are not awful. You only ignore 4 points of unnatural toughness, and the base damage is high enough to gib a dude a turn, let alone the toxic. It has damage on the high end of the spectrum, but not Exitus levels. Now, if it was DW version of felling...

The Prometheus Tonk is pretty much a Leman Russ, and by going all laser you're gonna get mulched by hordes. Besides, without a specific talent from Only War, that Accurate quality is only good for a +10. When Accurate triggers with Versatile Shooter, the tonk has a D weapon more or less. It's not terrible compared to many equivalent vehicles, but its main weapon does punch above its weight.
>>
>>44177187
>The Rifle, I had believed that they were following OW/ DH2 versions of felling and toxic, which are not awful.
In the context of those games they are pretty "OHFUCK". The Iskios is basically a "See that Space marine? Fuck him." kind of gun.

>The Prometheus Tonk is pretty much a Leman Russ, and by going all laser you're gonna get mulched by hordes
Basically yes. But putting it in the hands of a bunch of moderately competent players who see the Versatile Shooter combo. Oh boy, I feel sorry for anything within their weapons range. One turn of shooting with all those lascannons could make a Shadowsword feel impotent.
>>
File: Supersonic Tank.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Supersonic Tank.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
>>44177495

True, a single spess mareen a turn, assuming only one person has the gun. The problem is a spess mareen usually has 4-9 homies.

And the Shadowsword does 10d10+20 Pen 20 Blast 8 Felling 6 Overheats Recharge. So the Prometheus w/ 3 Lascannons and the Annihilator gets higher DPR, but lacks the raw alpha damage of the Shadowsword w/ Volcano Cannon and 2 Lascannons.
>>
I dunno if anyone actually uses Obsidian Portal, but I made a dynamic sheet template for Dark Heresy 2 in it. Characters wind up looking something like this.
https://dark-persuits.obsidianportal.com/characters/loxley
>>
>>44177650
>True, a single spess mareen a turn, assuming only one person has the gun. The problem is a spess mareen usually has 4-9 homies.
Absolutely. But deleting A SPACE MARINE per turn, especially if you have half-competent teammates is one hell of a advantage when fighting MEQ's.

>And the Shadowsword does 10d10+20 Pen 20 Blast 8 Felling 6 Overheats Recharge. So the Prometheus w/ 3 Lascannons and the Annihilator gets higher DPR, but lacks the raw alpha damage of the Shadowsword w/ Volcano Cannon and 2 Lascannons.
Sure. But the fact that we're comparing a Super-heavys and regular MBT's firepower should be enough of an indicator how scary this tank would be in the hands of a group of PC's.
>>
File: Mek.jpg (96 KB, 900x643) Image search: [Google]
Mek.jpg
96 KB, 900x643
What are some fun things I can do as a Mekboy in Rogue Trader
>>
>>44177960
Anything. Everything. Depending on your Mekboy, your group and your GM, it could be anything. you could construct new "envenshuns" and gift them to your friends to test. You could give their equipment upgrades (although make sure it's all in good fun with the players). You could surgically graft a large amount of grots together brain-to-brain, because two heads think better than one.

A Mekboy is the perfect opportunity to be the mad scientist from every cheesy 50s movie and 60s-70s kids show while also being big, green and ded 'ard.
>>
File: orkzcomputah.jpg (108 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
orkzcomputah.jpg
108 KB, 512x512
>>44178080
>You could surgically graft a large amount of grots together brain-to-brain, because two heads think better than one.

Woah.

I've got Medicae... trained.
>>
File: Fear.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fear.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>44178080
>You could surgically graft a large amount of grots together brain-to-brain, because two heads think better than one.

Five grots. One cogitator.

Cygrot.

Never again.

EVER.
>>
File: Immortan Mog and the WAAGHBOYS.png (358 KB, 929x792) Image search: [Google]
Immortan Mog and the WAAGHBOYS.png
358 KB, 929x792
>>44178080
>>44178493
You two. Feed me more of this madness. I need the wackiest things you can possibly think of a MadMekDokk can do.
>>
>>44178517
Boss, I thinks I got a right kunin' idea. So them eldar-boz like their crystals right? And they've got some dead shooty guns and ships made out of their crystals right? Well I saw the Rich-boss' new crystal growing kit, I got hit by a right brilliant idea so I did. So what's if we's took their crystals and grew some of our own and them we'd have all the dakka they did and more?!
>>
>>44178657
Uwot howszzat sapposed ta werk, wer ar we gon' find eldarz to stea- I mean, borrowh some o daem shiny gemz?
>>
>>44178517

Soulstones as delicious candy.
Cybernetic grot monstrosities.
Looted Ravagers with more dakka (an' looted krew to go with it)
Tau Manta as a tricorn hat for da krooza

We did it all. Those were good times.
>>
File: Wot.jpg (25 KB, 216x282) Image search: [Google]
Wot.jpg
25 KB, 216x282
>>44178743
>Cybernetic grot monstrosities.
Wot
>>
File: 1448080280274.png (65 KB, 205x315) Image search: [Google]
1448080280274.png
65 KB, 205x315
>>44178784
Ain't proppa dat iz.
>>
>>44178711
I suppose those eldar-boz are always where you least expexcts em egh...

WAIT Datz it boss, if da eldar-boz are never you'd expectz um yeah, yeah? And we's looking for the eldar-boz. yeah? The we should look... We should look...

We should look where we DON'TZ THINK THEY'LL BE!!!
>>
>>44179000
Sooo.. Da toiled?
>>
>>44179009
And on that day what Exarch Enthyl though to be the most undetectable if undignified hiding place aboard the shit turned out to be none of the former and every growing quantities of the later.
>>
File: BL_Pandora.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BL_Pandora.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
>>44173720
>I'm not sure I'd like

Too bad. BL already has "planet-hoppers" in the form of Hyperion and Dahl and all of the other canon off-world interests that got humans onto Pandora in the first place. Handsome Jack wasn't born on Pandora, you know, and RT is literally Ultimate Badass Nomad Bosses in Spaaace: chock full of the kind of Lookit All That Loot anecdotal avarice that one can't help but use in their campaigns - whether the party's dropship still works or not.

tl;dr: Do it faget.

>everything from scratch

[SPOILER] A BL/40k mashup can never be a creative triumph. Get your head on straight. [/ALERT]
>>
>>44178914
Go check out Deffwotch. You will lose your god damn ork mind.
>>
File: [Chivalry Intensifies].pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
[Chivalry Intensifies].pdf
1 B, 486x500
Couple of threads back you may recall me posting a bunch of Imperial Knight rules and asking for advice on them and how to run an Imperial Knight game.

Well, here I am several days later with a mostly finished form of the rules for Knights Armours and Scions. If there's anything I've missed, please point it out since I've likely become homeblind. But otherwise hope you find use for them!
>>
>>44180923
I'm supposing you're still figuring out the Magaera, Styrix and Atrapos?
Otherwise, this looks alright at first glance...
>>
>>44181574
Nah, I intentionally left them out. Explained why under "The Various Marks of Knight Armour". In short,
>Well, because these rules is intended for the 41st millennium and they are described to be rare even during their heyday of the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy. Thus I do not find them appropriate for what I intended with these rules. This might make me a faggot you think. Sure it would, but I’m sticking to my faggotry.
>>
ninerbump
>>
File: It's a trap.jpg (29 KB, 491x363) Image search: [Google]
It's a trap.jpg
29 KB, 491x363
So, finished a session of my RT campaign. Some highlights from the Pimply Blackened Ass-End of the Eastern Fringe
>PCs are stopping at an out of the way system dense in gas giants with no real habitable or useful worlds. It's literally a system that pulls ships out of warp that's a useful place to re-orient yourself
>They spot a ghost ship on sensors
>It's a Star Galleon. With survivors.
>The inhabitants vox them inviting them aboard to see their bounty and their paradise, using the phrase "Come and see" several times
>Players are pic related, come aboard armed to the teeth
>Are greeted with barely-clothed natives offering them fruit and wine
>Secret will saves for everyone who's dumb enough to eat anything offered.
>A little bit of paradise jungle aboard a space ship in a dead system, with a vaguely creepy atmosphere the entire time
>Creepiness intensifies as the natives are suspiciously eager to feed PCs and are snacking on the food themselves more or less constantly
>PCs manage to piss off the natives and it goes to good old chased by angry natives. Who have boltguns because they're actually mutinous ex-crew. Fuck.
>PCs flee and explore the ship, which is choked with jungle
>Early scans said the warp engine was fucked up and acting oddly, so they sneak thataway
>Find a massive glowing green crystal suckered onto the exterior of the warp engine.
>And it fucking talks and demands sacrifices
>And controls vines with snapping maws on them that eat sacrifices alive
>Set bolters to PURGE
>They destroy it
>The jungle filling half the ship turns to sludge inside 10 minutes
>Free Fatigue levels and toxin damage for anyone who ate the (highly addictive) fruit as they puke out fruit that turned to sludge in their guts. They also get to deal with withdrawal symptoms. .
>So now they have a beaten up Star Galleon possibly full of more of these crystals. Yay? Consequences and figuring out how the fuck to get it out of this system are for next game.
>>
>>44169853
Man, it's so hard not being a selfish cunt and pay attention to your teammates actions. I'll try though:
>Deathwatch campaign, our duo is ambushed by a Tau cadre in the ruins in the middle of a jungle on Baraban.
>The firewarriors are upstairs, ready to fire, we have just entered the structure and have detected a portion of the force is above us. Need to push on.
>The devastator has brilliant idea - prime a melta bomb on a nearby wall and dash to a higher ground.
>Passes evaluation test comfortably, timer set for 5 seconds.
>Throws a photon flash grenade in the middle of the courtyard and starts running - as we approach the stone stairs, grenade detonates with the Tau having their disgusting xeno eyes wide open where we want them.
>Critical failure - the horde is now blinded, at the same time melta bomb goes off, collapsing large part of the structure, burying at least a dozen of blueberries under the rubble.
> Roll Initiative, we go first.
>Devastator brings his heavy bolter to bear, reducing still blinded xenos to bloody chunks, falling off the ledges in bits
>I decide to help - push Avenger power (heavy flamer basically)
>Walls start bleeding from impact craters and broken off stone bits
>Horde breaks
>end of session
>>
>>44185251
>figuring out how the fuck to get it out of this system are for next game
Ship-grade tow cables, then leave it in the outer rim of the star system, engines cold and vox systems off, uninhabited. Document well its orbital path, so you can come back to it later. Perhaps leave it near some visible astrological phenomenon.

Come back later with a full recovery crew including multiple warp-capable tug-boats and Navigators who can work in a team.
Drag it back to a trustworthy Space Station equipped for such massive ship.

Then get your prize up and running again, and dragging cargo for great profit.
>>
>>44178517
Attach more choppy to anything.
Attach more shooty to anything.
Make a shoota dat shoots shootas dat shoots shootas, an' so on.
Make a shoota dat shoots choppas.
Take an already weird weapon (like a Xenarch or tau gun or something Yu'Vath) and attach gubbinz on it until it'z propa orky.
Make transparent orange power chainsaws.
See how much juice you can pump into one snazzgun. When you've got a lascannon, you've just gotten half-way.
Create the fastest looted wagon in the sector. Arrange a race with everyone invited. Equip them with homing grenades and guns, because racing is better with guns.
Consider if you could make a vehicle that's also a gun.

Though if you're gonna have lengthy constructions done under downtime, you should probably consult with the GM before or after the game with your plans so they don't take up half the session.
>>
>>44185251
>how the fuck to get it out of this system

What's their ship? If it's say, a frigate, have them land on the Star Galleon and tie the ships together really tightly. Most of it should fit inside the Geller Field...
>>
>>44187359
>Most of it should fit inside the Geller Field...
Most frigates are about 1/3 of the size of a Star Galleon.
You'll want help.
Or to get the Star Galleon's Gellar Field up and running, and use that.

How fucked is the ship? Destroyed components everywhere?
Really it seems to me that the best-case scenario would be getting it working such that it can survive Warp Transit unaided, and set sail for the nearest space station.
>>
File: AllThoseMinutesInPaint.jpg (29 KB, 1098x710) Image search: [Google]
AllThoseMinutesInPaint.jpg
29 KB, 1098x710
>>44187419
>Most frigates are about 1/3 of the size of a Star Galleon.
Depends how large you picture the Geller Field (I don't think there's an official rulling).
I see it like pic related.

You could even cut off the parts that don't fit and stuff them in the empty upper part.

Or drill a big hole in the Star Galeon and drive your ship inside it... Wear the SG like a costume...
>>
>>44187519
Personally, I've always imagined the Geller field as not much larger than the ship. Large enough to technically allow for repairs along the outside (but who would?) but not large enough to really allow for small craft operations.
>>
>>44187519
There are so many reasons that's a stupid idea.
The big one being though, that cutting up a ship like that will completely and totally fuck its structural integrity forever.

Just bite the bullet and bide your time, and get the proper aid you need for this kind of salvage operation.
>>
>>44187581
And I've always seen both the Field and Void Shields as extending couple of kilometers away from the ship
>>
>>44187617
It really honestly doesn't matter, as nothing travels outside of the ship during Warp Travel.

At the very least, all you'll have to do is repair the ship's Gellar Field, and feed it power.
>>
>>44174363
Wow that's pretty great, despite some things being a little overpowered it isn't enough to be considered bad
The only thing wrong about it is that the entries on servitors talk about them like they're automata
>>
Can I get some opinions on the Adeptus Mechanicus's stance on modifying existing technology?

Such as a Tech-priest modifying weaponry.

Example A: Attaching a red-dot sight to a gun.
Example B: Converting one chain-weapon into another (Axe into Sword, for example).

Just wondering how the Mechanicus would view such things, given the nature of the Machine Spirit, and I'd like to get some other opinions on the matter.
>>
>>44187901
>The only thing wrong about it is that the entries on servitors talk about them like they're automata

In which way exactly? The Gladius and Cataphract mentions being fielded by the Legio Cybernetica which I know is stretching it. But the other Servitor descriptions are written similarly to how FFG describes their Servitors.

>>44188045
>Example A: Attaching a red-dot sight to a gun.
Absolutely fine, just perform the correct prayer and rituals.
>Example B: Converting one chain-weapon into another (Axe into Sword, for example).
Why would you do that?
>>
>>44188073

>Example A
Figured as much.
>Example B
Axes are two handed.
I suppose another suitable context would be converting a two-handed weapons into a one-handed variation (at the cost of stats, to the GM's discretion).
>>
>>44188098
>Axes are two handed.
Yeah but converting a Chainsword into a Chain Axe would basically be scrapping the chainsword and usings its parts to build a ghetto Chainaxe.
>I suppose another suitable context would be converting a two-handed weapons into a one-handed variation (at the cost of stats, to the GM's discretion).
Depends on -how- and -what- said weapon is. Personally, it just strikes me as wildly impractical and wasteful. It'd be better to just get a completely new weapon.
>>
>>44188045
You're allowed to use Omnissiahs creation in ingenious ways, you're just not allowed to change them fundamentally.

The problem arises on what the tech priests consider "fundamental".
>>
>>44188180
>Fundamental
That's basically what I'm trying to get at in my own roundabout way.
>>44188125
>Ghetto Chainaxe

See, in my own eyes, something like this would be a grievous affront to the Machine Spirit of the chainsword, and thus not something any (non-heretical) Techpriest would do.

I guess for a little bit of context, it's just a case of another player and I disagreeing on what is considered heretekal and what isn't, in terms of weapon modification.
>>
>>44188317
>I guess for a little bit of context, it's just a case of another player and I disagreeing on what is considered heretekal and what isn't, in terms of weapon modification.

Your player is a heretic. Because that there is so painfully and obviously heretical he would only defend doing that if he was a heretek. You know what to do, Anon. Purge them in the name of the Omnissiah!
>>
>>44188317
>>44188362
The fact that he's doing something like repurposing machines is highly dependent on context
If he is on a deathworld, isolated from the rest of the galaxy, reappropriating what little technology they have to not perish is exactly how humanity survived the age of strife and would not be heresy or at worst an affront worthy of repentance once he reenters the normal imperium
However, if he is promoting that all should do and use machines in unnatural ways in the context of a forgeworld connected to plentiful resources that can be afforded to using and making machines how they were designed to, then he is a heretek at best and a madman otherwise (which may not appear apparent to the player given they aren't an Adept of the Mechanicus themselves)
>>
>>44188362
>>44188458
Thank you for your input, Anons.
I've been disagreeing with the player, but wasn't sure if it was just me being an asshole (not saying I'm not), or if one of us was genuinely in the wrong.

For complete context, I guess:
Hive World. Recieved item (Chainaxe) as gift, wants to modify it into a one-handed axe or chainsword just because.

While resources are not necessarily limited, time has proven to be a major factor in the party's current mission, one which they have not been able to afford to waste.
>>
>>44188458
> reappropriating what little technology they have to not perish is exactly how humanity survived the age of strife and would not be heresy or at worst an affront worthy of repentance once he reenters the normal imperium

You're vastly underestimating how dogmatic and extremely religiously reverent of technology the Mechanicus is. They would likely not care about why, especially if the character is not an important member of the Tech-priesthood. Their cuntiness about this sort of thing just becomes exponentially much worse the more 'revered' a piece of technology is.
>>
>>44188489
He can choke on a dick, go buy a chainsword
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
>>
>>44188489
So, not only does he want to commit tech-heresy, he wants to shit all over the kindness of whoever gave him the Chainaxe? Fuck that character, I'm with >>44188515
>>
>>44188519
>>44188515
For what it's worth, the axe may or may not have some manner of Khorne relation (But players will be players. Muh stats.)

I'm just more curious about the Tech-Heresy aspect of it.

Some reading up suggests that the ultimate form of Tech-Heresy is innovation. Thoughts on that statement?
>>
>>44188708
>Some reading up suggests that the ultimate form of Tech-Heresy is innovation. Thoughts on that statement?

If I remember correctly, the orthodox doctrine of the Adeptus Mechanicus is that it's heresy. HOWEVER, it's not that unusual for new inventions to show up in the hands of Mechanicus adepts as the result of "Divine inspiration from the Omnissiah" or being from some "newly discovered" technological relic. Generally it's only the high ranking Magi and such that can get away with that kind of stuff.

Basically, a layperson or lower ranking Tech-priest would never get away with it.
>>
Hey guys, I'm thinking about houseruling subtlety rules so that every place had different modifier to the base score depending on their earlier actions. This would work for our group as they are always revisiting roughly the same places in regular intervals.
This requires more paperwork, but makes sense in my mind's eyes.
Thoughts?
>>
The only fluff about the Shrine world of Veneris is that various mountains resemble Imperial Saints, and this caught my imagination. However, I can't decide whether this should mean something like the mountains' silhouettes resemble the profile of famous Saints if you squint hard enough, or some outright Mt. Rushmore craziness
>>
>>44189177
Why not both? It's just everyone sees different saints, yet high confessors' vision is prevalent and everyone just agrees with him without actually looking too closely at the statues, being busy with prayers and all.

There was one madman claiming the third statue from the left looks like Sebastian Thor and not like St Marechius. Nonsense, of course, he was promptly taken away by the ecchlesiarchial guard. Can't trust psykers, I tell you
>>
>>44189301
I meant more like, should the mountains naturally resemble saints, or should they have been carved to be so? Or perhaps natural formations someone saw resembling a saint were carved into a closer depiction.
>>
>>44189177
Do it like the Buddha carvings in mountainsides in various parts of Asia, except the size of mountains.
>>
>>44189451
I would have them loosely resembling faces, but everyone setting actual saints due to unknown phenomena nobody is actually aware of
>>
>>44189743
>>44189568
Actually I found a proper blurb about Veneris in Blood of Martyrs and its mountains were carved into proper bigass statues, so yeah.
>>
Threads a bit slow right now so let's bring out the controversial stories:
The worst that gm/player you've encountered in 40kRPGs?
>>
>>44193954
>The worst that gm/player you've encountered in 40kRPGs?
>GM

We call him "Captain Everything is challenging". Literally, everything roll we had to do was Challenging. Except when it was hard as fuck because he didn't want us to succeed. Constantly favored his pet NPC's over us, threw DMPC's at us and DM fiated his way out of plots that were genuinely clever solutions to bullshit problems, like bottlenecking a Bloodthirster and his horde of Bloodletters into a thin pass to blow them the fuck up with literal tons of promethium and explosives? Lolnope doesn't work, because he says so (when figuring out valid reasons why is easy as shit when the veil between the Warp and realspace is thin) and just being a petty cunt.

He is what inspired me to GM myself because he was so terrible.
>>
>>44193954
>Player

If you thought your character was unique or interesting in any way, you've got nothing on this Tech Priest. He may as well have been a GMPC for how special and integral to the plot he was. There was no roll that anyone in the party could do that the Tech priest couldn't do better, he alone had a +30 in "Fast talk the GM" and he'd say "I take 5 minutes to download the data to do this" and the GM would allow him temporary access (permanant since there was no cost to this whatsoever) to any skill at all. Even Psyniscience and Physical Skills.

Did something interesting happen in the plot? You can bet the Tech Priest did it in Downtime. Downtime nobody else got or was offered, despite the GM saying "He does all this in downtime, if you want then just ask". I left after two campaigns with this party as it got too much for me to bear, but moved from Dark Heresy to Black Crusade and the Tech Priest survived getting sucked into the warp and crushed by a Lord of Change apparently.
>>
>trench warfare encounters/activities

Want to do a bogged down in the muck trench warfare Only War campaign and I need ideas. There's a lot of time to fill in between going over the top or repelling assaults, and that time needs filling.

enemies are first traitor guardsmen and then later orks.
>>
>>44195613
>high command wants daring volunteers to wander into no man's land and take picts of the enemy lines
>party is ordered to retrieve valuable equipment (plasma guns and the like) from the dead in no man's land before the techpriests have a fit
>a high ranking Ecclesiarchy priest arrives to hold a sermon for the troops, everyone is paranoid the traitors will try to assassinate him
>>
>>44195613
>Another Squad in the Trenches have nicked your Rations for the week. You did set fire to their pants last week so fair's fair, but the Sergeant won't take this lying down. Get revenge on that squad!
>>
File: KzBRhw4.jpg (13 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
KzBRhw4.jpg
13 KB, 400x300
>>44195613
>Rumours has it you're about to go over the top for the Big Push. Increasingly bizarre forms of attempts at getting medical leave is tried by your fellow soldiers to avoid being butchered in no mans land, but you're set to outdo them all.
>>
File: KQb8jtA.jpg (227 KB, 449x700) Image search: [Google]
KQb8jtA.jpg
227 KB, 449x700
>>44195613
>Command is convinced enemy spies have infiltrated your trench and you're the unlucky sods who've been given the job to smoke them out.
>>
File: vvn6JAk.jpg (168 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
vvn6JAk.jpg
168 KB, 500x375
>>44195613
>In preparation for the Big Push, Command has in its infinite wisdom seen fit to give your squad mine & barbed wire clearing duty.
>>
>>44194784
You were playing in the Matrix anon, didn't you realize?
>>
File: Qr4PTva.gif (959 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
Qr4PTva.gif
959 KB, 245x180
>>44195613
>A famous Aeronautica pilot bails out and lands just outside your trench, are you a bad enough dude to get him out of no-mans-land?
>>
File: lmfPskH.jpg (44 KB, 728x565) Image search: [Google]
lmfPskH.jpg
44 KB, 728x565
>>44195613
>A medical team shows up to perform field inspections of your wounds and to grant the Emperors benediction to your comrades. There's nurses among them. It's the first women you and your fellow soldiers have seen in months.
>>
File: B0DbZPm.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
B0DbZPm.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>44195613
>For some reason, Command is convinced you have valuable intel so they've called you to the rear lines for debriefing. You have no valuable intel.
>>
>>44195613
Last push out to enemy lines was poorly timed, and was shredded by machine guns (laser/bullets, whatever) and artillery not far from your own trenches

Command has ordered YOUR squad to sneak out at night to retrieve as much equipment as possible
>>
Who would be interested in a DH2e adventure on saturday evenings by European time?
>>
>>44198627
Bababooey
>>
>>44198627
I think you'd have to mention more specifics of what type of game you want to run in order to drum up any interest.
>>
>>44199934
Well, I'm not gonna divulge any plot details but it's gonna be a more horror-themed game. Investigation as well as combat, with a couple thousand starting XP.
>>
>>44200000
You can still pitch an idea for a game with a basic idea for what the game will be about storywise without giving away any crucial information the players should not have.

What you're pitching right now is basically "I plan to run Dark Heresy with a few thousand starting XP". People only really get interested when you mention what they're gonna play and what they're investigating. Like, which Ordo will the players belong too, what sort of acolytes and acolyte cell will they be playing, what sort of investigation will they be running, who or what will be the target for the investigation, what are the themes for the campaign and what is its style? Stuff like that.
>>
>>44195613

The kreiger regiment on your flank got their dicks up and pushed ahead of the whole army. now theres a big bulge in the front and you need to desperately fortify you side of it before it gets pinched off.
>>
In DH2e at least, assuming I'm up to Two-Weapon Master and Unarmed Specialist have the appropriate talents, can I use two-weapon fighting with unarmed attacks? If it does work and I have Whirlwind of Death, does that mean I can double bitchslap groups of (human-tier damage soak) enemies to death?
>>
>>44202559
Similarly with unarmed, does the feral world home world bonus apply to such attacks? Sort of a grey area since unarmed technically isn't low-tech by raw, but I feel like it would be.
>>
>>44167976
I keep making custom weapons for my DH party
>>
>>44174363
Aw yis, I'm gonna print this out so my group can use it
>>
>>44169853
RT: Started working missions for the Ecclesiarchy, one day in the heat of doing generally whatever necessary but the most calculated risk assessments, we turned on a trio of SoB, captured them alive and enslaved them with shock collars etc, we basically were at a point where the party had fully turned towards the chaos play style, and couldn't hide our taint from the space church. Win-win. Slaves, and human sized bolters. As well as some sexy power armour to sell on the black market..
>>
>>44203366

W-what happened to the Sororitas?
Did you deflower them?
>>
From the errata:
>>44202655
Question: Would unarmed attacks, natural weapons that could result from mutations, or unpowered high-tech weapons (like a switched off chainsword) benefit from the Feral World The Old Ways bonus (page 32)? What about ranged weapons?
Answer: A ranged weapon that is Low-Tech would benefit from it, as would an unpowered weapon, but otherwise no.
>>
>>44204850
>tfw no feral world martial arts
>>
>>44204962
Boooo
>>
>>44188489
Couldn't he just sell the thing for a chainsword or something at the nearest sword vendor? Christ.
>>
>>44202559
I really hope so, but RAW I have no idea.
Bumping this question!

> In DH2e at least, assuming I'm up to Two-Weapon Master and Unarmed Specialist have the appropriate talents, can I use two-weapon fighting with unarmed attacks? If it does work and I have Whirlwind of Death, does that mean I can double bitchslap groups of (human-tier damage soak) enemies to death?
>>
>>44203366
Continue
>>
HARRY, YOU ARE A WIZARD
>>
>>44209050

>you're a psyker

Anyways, the Enemies Beyond book has been on the boat for like a month now, maybe a bit more.
Anyone got any idea when it'll be ready to ship? I'm tired of waiting.
>>
>>44209809
You do realize it's going to be a piece of shit book, right? Basically reprinting stats for most of the Chaos Daemons codex with pointless tweaking, some C-grade fluff, maybe reprinting some gear from DH 1e and some OW talents? FFG is a bunch of hacks right now because Star Wars makes more money. Lower your expectations, padawan.
>>
>>44210491
What are the chances they'll go back to 40k stuff after the sw train stops?
>>
>>44210491
Don't forget reprinting the Sorcery and daemonhost rules for the billionth time. Can't do without those.
>>
>>44210491
I'm chiefly interested in the weapons, anon.
>>
>>44210491

We're already guaranteed new homeworlds, backgrounds, and detailed processes for possession and exorcism. The quality of the research system presented in Enemies Without and the Investigation system from Enemies Within make me confident that it will make it a worthy purchase.
Oh, not to mention an entire ruleset for making Daemon Princes (since Black Crusade really fumbled on that end).

All in all, seems more than worth my money, though I'm not sure why you seem so anally ravaged about it.
>>
What do GMs think of custom talents?
A player in my DH2e has asked me for talents to protect others, mimicking Look Out, Sir!, and talents to surmount the limitations of unwieldy melee weapons. We talked about it, and I told him that they would have serious prereqs, and he is fine with that, so long as they are not a laundry list of things that mean he will never get them by proxy.
Anyone have experience with custom talents? What makes for sensible prereqs? It feels like FFG went fairly dartboard with some of them.
>>
>>44189115
While I agree if you were cleaving to real life, in a game tho, it would simply encourage players to act alone, even worse, promote THOSE types.
What I generally do is count individual actions to the total while making ear marks for the people who are being sneaky/flamboyant. There was a point where the warband got caught out, and one of the members was told to "Take a hike, this doesn't concern you".
>>
How the fuck do I stop my players from all talking at fucking once and not hearing a thing anyone has to say.

Its really slowing shit down and pissing me off.
>>
>>44214237
Tell them to shut up and l2manage
Though it depends on which system, it should be expected in Rogue Trader
>>
>>44211811
>A player in my DH2e has asked me for talents to protect others, mimicking Look Out, Sir!,

The Guardian talent already exists from the base game.

>and talents to surmount the limitations of unwieldy melee weapons.

Arcane Wargear upgrade exists in Deathwatch.
>>
>>44214345
>The Guardian talent already exists from the base game.
That's not DH2e, and pointing me to something from the shitpile that is Ascension? Really, mang?
>Arcane Wargear upgrade exists in Deathwatch
He asked for talents, not equipment. The intent is clearly to not be tied to using a specific object.
>>
>>44214516
>pointing me to something from the shitpile that is Ascension?

Huh? That's a rogue trader talent.
>>
>>44214516
OW has a similar advance to Guardian for Stormtroopers.

As for removing qualities from weapons...
I'd go with a Trade: Armourer test.
>>
I'm running DH 2.0 and...I think I've made a terrible mistake

I've been way too generous with XP and gear. Now my players are within spitting distance of ascension and all have some of the best toys when they've only been in the inquisition for like...3 months.

They completely blow through combat encounters and I'm starting to feel like this is ruining the tone of the story.

What do I do? Is there anything I can say to get them to walk back XP or turn over gear?
>>
>>44214516

Guardian shows up in Rogue Trader and Only War too, you know. Each works a little differently, mechanics-wise but the gist is the same.

Let me phrase the unwieldy answer slightly differently then. The Deathwatch Forge Lord has an ability to suppress unwieldy, unbalanced, etc. It is an ability, though, not a talent, so you would need to assign it an appropriate price for your own dude.
>>
>>44214692
Have a Magus of the Mechanicist show up and ask why their gear is so poorly maintained, who then calls up their Inquistors. Takes their shit and makes them start at square one.
>>
>>44214675
Removing those qualities ruins the balance of the game
Weapons are supposed to be balanced and able to lightning attack with, normal and able to swift attack with, unbalanced with high damage, or unwieldy with even higher damage or different qualities like crippling, felling, or something else
When you remove that balance shit falls apart and balance is out the window
>>
>>44214692
Stop using combat encounters as your base of the game. You are supposed to be investigators. If your shit is combat heavy, then you have fucked up across the board.
Ideally, you max out at 300xp a session, and that's if they got a LOT of shit done and faced considerable odds.
They are strong? Then throw them into political intrigue, or make them parcel to nobility in a long term undercover mission.
Or have them party up with a DW team to capture this strange 6 armed xeno found marauding thru the lower hives.
>>
>>44214692
Where are you at? 15,000? More?
Hit them with a catastrophy.
Their names in ruins, their gear lost or broken, with only their personal aptitudes and determination remaining.
>>
>>44214692
>Is there anything I can say to get them to walk back XP or turn over gear?

Not without becoming That GM faster than you can even imagine.
>>
>>44214749
>>44214745
>>44214725
Just removing combat from the game seems a little unfair because 3 of my players are all focused focused on martial abilities so they'd be left with nothing to really contribute to investigations

Just outright stealing the gear away from them doesn't feel fair either.

>>44214779
I screwed up and didn't have a good grasp on the system.

If a player came to me and said "I need to rebuild my character" for the same reason I'd let them do it.
>>
>>44214738
I'd argue against that in DH, especially if the player is a nonpsyker.
Almost any melee strong creature is space marine quality or better, or some manner of creature when there is no need to balance out other qualities. In DH, excelling at melee is the fool's game, and anyone that has played it for a while knows it. I don't mind bolstering the weaker options, especially since a mook with a autopistol can potentially turn your melee monster into a sniveling bitch.
>>44214721
>is an ability, though, not a talent, so you would need to assign it an appropriate price for your own dude.
Which is what I came here to gain advice on, on appropriate prereqs. It's going to be a tier 3, WS/S/Ag talent, but I'm wondering on prereqs to attach.
>>
>>44214692
XP is over the line unless the players are actively complaining and suggesting this
Strip them of their weapons and throw them in an environment where they have to earn them back somehow
It could make for a lengthening of their time as acolytes as they individually spend months trying to get back their bitchin' sharp 3000 powersword by following fence's financial records, tracking down heretics and cult leaders who have an eye for such quality, or finding the crashed lander who's next stop was to sell it but it ended up not making it back from a deathworld
>>
>>44214841
>Just removing combat from the game seems a little unfair because 3 of my players are all focused focused on martial abilities so they'd be left with nothing to really contribute to investigations
You clearly fucked up from day 1, running a game about being an agent for a secret organization as a combat show. You fed into a feedback loop, and your choice is to break that loop by putting them in a position that surely any throne agent worth a shit can do, or retire the warband and take your lessons about playing dungeoncrawl with DH.
>>
>>44214841
>Just outright stealing the gear away from them doesn't feel fair either.
Then bite the bullet, and restart the game.
If you're not willing to either take away their gear, or adapt to the kind of threats which they should be facing right now, restart the game.
>>
>tfw my GM is hesitant to use fear checks because they're too deadly for combat

He had us walk in on a demon made of gore and torn up bodies devouring a man and refused to make us do even a fear(1) test.

Has anyone else's GM misunderstood the tone of Dark Heresy this badly? Except for too much xp/guns guy who just posted of course
>>
>>44215670

Fear tests are the cilantro to the chips and salsa that is Warhammer 40K RPG. I had a time where my GM gave me a helmet that gave me a Fear(1) rating when I killed someone then lost it at the end of the encounter. Now picture this

>Me, a scrawny void born in golden archeotech power armor and, flying above basically a squad of 50 soldiers, while I was wearing an Eldar helmet that has glowing runes because one poor sap got hit by my Ripper Pistol
>Carrying a mutant that is in Inquisitor Power Armor that has been strapped to me in one of those baby carrying-harness things
>He's shooting/killing them all with Inferno pistols from the baby harness.
>Because I had a Fear rating now, the GM had to roll a fear test for all of them.
>They all failed.
>Those that didn't get killed, passed out because of Eldar Tech.

We ended up taking those that passed out because our Explorator needed test subjects.
>>
>>44218453

Reminds me of my Black Crusade player who had flaming skull and dark soul in addition to something else that gave him Fear (3). One time he made 5 out of 15 eldar warriors the group was fighting die of a heart attack, five fled, the rest were slaughtered
>>
What does /tg/ use for their map drawing for roll20 campaigns?
I typically use pyromancer's dungeon painter but the site's down and I'm looking for a quick replacement to shit out some maps.
>>
>>44220659
I actually used the mutations in Black Crusade to build a legendary Chaos Lord for my sector. I ended up with Haraldr The Burning, a World Eater Terminator Lord who got set on fire by Khorne. This only succeeded in making him go from "Slavering berserker rage" to "constant state of quasi-tranquil samurai rage", and he's spent the last few thousand years raging, burning, and pillaging everything in sight.
The players loved him for being so incredibly metal, and treated him with the respect he deserved. Namely, running like hell and blowing up his escorts, because my players have learned the hard way that a Chaos Lord is not dead or even significantly incapacitated unless you kill him and take his head yourself, and like hell they were boarding his ship full of Traitor Marines to do so
>>
>tfw our RT party went from a group of greedy space pirates to jaded, war weary monsters determined to stop a spreading chaos plague from consuming the 'settled' regions of the Expanse no matter the cost

I didnt want this /tg/, I didnt want the feels.

"What is one more sin in exchange for a future? just another stain on our ruined souls. Fire."- Rogue Trader Arcturos Renn ordering our crew to bomb a civilized, Imperial compliant world into dust
>>
>>44223445
This sounds like a game I'd be loving entirely. Wish I was part of your group.
>>
>>44223605

Oh don't get me wrong I love it, its just when we nuked that world I just had a moment of clarity about how far off the edges of the map we'd gone.

Shit is probably going to get more heavy too. We still have to stop it from making its way to Calixis and so far scorched earth has been the best way to contain the sickness.
>>
Would anyone happen to have the blank stat blocks or happen to know what font the characteristic numbers are?
>>
>>44224431
For which system?
I'd advise using the many free online character sheet out there, and just cutting out the rest.
>>
File: Schism_of_Mars.jpg (85 KB, 850x638) Image search: [Google]
Schism_of_Mars.jpg
85 KB, 850x638
Will we ever get a book where we can explore under mars as Tech-Priests?
>>
>>44224610
I love the idea. Heck, even a homebrew or good description of what can be found under Mars would be great!
>>
>>44224555
Black Crusade currently but I'll need them all eventually, I'm trying to make fan expansions and I'm having trouble finding any assets
>>
>>44167976

He's given us a slew of interesting equipment, though most of it hasn't actually been customized, it was randomized off of some chart he uses. A few examples:

A suit of Light Powered Armor that ignores the Penetration value of any weapon that hits it.

A Crystal Sword: Essentially a Power Sword with Razor Sharp and a chance to completely ignore Force Fields.

Power Razor Chain: a whip with a power field, more or less.

Twin-Linked Assault Stubber: An autogun that fires Heavy Stubbber ammo and has both Twin-Linked and Storm. Also came with incendiary ammo. Predictably runs through ammo ridiculously quickly.

XV-15 Stealthsuit: An old suit of Tau Armor. Not actually statted in the Tau book, so we had to create some quick custom rules for it.
>>
File: Purplebro.jpg (190 KB, 658x1088) Image search: [Google]
Purplebro.jpg
190 KB, 658x1088
Gather round for a Rogue Trader story-time.

We encountered this Purple-mohawk sporting individual during a Brotherhood operation, in which a large amount of priceless items where to be handed over as pay for several previous jobs the Brotherhood had done for a client, we needed to find out who that client was, so obviously we were looking for someone to interrogate. He stood out the most.

The event took place in an abandoned dry-dock near the edge of Footfall when our group ambushed the Purple-Mohawk's convoy via the use of a well placed demolition charge by our Tau Firewarrior, destroying the middle car of the convoy, the remaining Brotherhood members disembarked and engaged in a brief firefight with the group.

The Brotherhood soon found themselves outmatched as they found our group had made use of a trio of abandoned Freight Servitors (think Alien power-loaders smacking shit around) quickly rewired by my Ork Mekboy and The Brotherhood were wiped out to a single man. The Group thinking that the fight was over converged on the lone Brotherhood member but to their horror, the fight had just begun.

The Purple-Mohawk dude fires off a duo of Bolt rounds at our Arch-Militant, almost blowing her chest cavity apart.

Our Techpriest takes aim and fires off a salvo of Las rounds to the Purpledude's left leg causing him to limp around.
>>
>>44225408
The Freight servitors quickly bullrush him but to no avail, he quickly dispatches them without even pulling a sweat, even with the limp. Bolt-shells fly off through two of the servitor's bodies, as he uses a combat knife to CQC the rest down. He then stares down our Techpriest and charges him with a screech.

Our Techpriest fires off yet another well placed shot to the same limping leg, searing it completely off. Battle-rage consumes the Purplebro as he struggles to get up and attempt to cause injury. He is met with yet another concentrated blast of Las and Pulse rifle from our Tau assisting to the Right arm, it quickly gets lobbed off as well. In his hoppity, rage-fueled advance towards his nearest target, he manages to somehow dodge a melta-pistol round that would have hit him point blank in the chest, fired off by our Navigator. He quickly collapses into unconsciousness in his arms.

My Ork facepalms as he finishes up looting bits and pieces he needs from around and looks upon the target designated for interrogation. He firmly embeds a spike into his own hand from the Iron Gob he's wearing. Ouch. Zog me and dis bunch of triggah 'appy gits.

The Brotherhood put up a good fight, but the rest of the convoy clients ran off and scattered. The group helps out looting the corpses and cleaning up the mess a bit whilst I jury rig the semi-damaged trucks together so we can high-tail it outta there with all the goods. I decide to get in the back of a truck with the Purplebro, and have the rest drive us back.

Purplebro quickly regained consciousness to find himself in the back of a truck with a massive Ork Mekboy leering down at him, I was thinking all this time that the 'ummie was done fighting, him being a two-limbed warrior and all, I was wrong. He grabs me by the throat with his able hand, I'm surprised. He starts to wail on me, headbutting me three times in a row before my ork even processes what is going on. After a quick tussle, I finally wrestle him down
>>
How tall are space marines?

The height seems to go all around the place and you just can't tell anymore.
>>
>>44225740
It's generally accepted as 7 feet being the average, with some VERY small fluctuations per marine, and a couple named characters go beyond that like Silas of the Exorcists.
>>
>>44225840
~7-7.5 feet in armor and 6.5-7 out
>>
>>44225539
The group finally makes it back to our makeshift base of operations inside a Vostroyan weaponsalesman's basement, and after handcuffing the purplebro's limbs together which, I might add took the combined effort of an Ork and 2 other people to succeed.

We held a brief interrogation, got the information we needed and a few juicy tips out of him after an.. orky styled "mental condishuningz" involving a car battery and plugs. We eventually convince him that perhaps he was backing the wrong side of this whole ordeal. So we fashion for him some bioniks after he agrees to join us.

Following the mansion raid Purple set himself up as our Senior Henchman once new blood was recruited to the fledgling crime organisation we've got going on on Footfall answering only to the group and enforcing their will upon the fresh recruits.

My Ork Mekboy, feeling a sense of pride in the purplebro's achievements decides to gift him his Khorne Berserker helmet that was previously fashioned as a makeshift canteen, and the Techpriest gifts him his Chain Axe, which he promptly renamed into "Gravy Train".

The man known as Purple Mohawk stands at 5'5, his body is built thinly for his height and his face seems to naturally give him a wild, leering expression, now equipped with two semi-orky bionikks.

Not much is known about Purple Mohawk before he encountered the group, his name, date and planet of birth are but a mystery.

And now comes the scary part. After a couple in-fights with grunts and minor misdemeanors, our Eldar player starts to get a bit antsy, calling everyone in the group Mon-keigh, primitives, etc, generally acting a bit like a snobby cunt ( not blaming the player of course, he was just roleplaying ) so my Ork suddenly gets really tired of hearing this shit, loads up an Injector with two doses of Obscura and just shoves it in his throat.

He goes into a wild like trance-state so we're forced to lock him in a closet.
>>
>>44224785

Uh, none of those are homebrew. They're all real items in the books.
>>
File: Sciezn.jpg (169 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Sciezn.jpg
169 KB, 500x500
>>44226076
After the ordeal is over and jokes are made at the expense of the Eldar coming out of the closet, he mumbles and groans about losing a precious gemstone. As luck would have it, my Ork had looted it earlier from the scuffle with The Brotherhood.

Showing it to him was a mistake, in retrospect, as he goes into a sort of frenzy, screaming "GIVE IT, GIVE IT TO ME, IT BELONGS TO ME."

So, my Ork, not really grasping the situation, looks at PurpleMohawk, then at the Eldar, and goes

"Tell ya wot, If ya wrastle him down, ya can have yer stone."

The Eldar looks dismayed and reluctantly accepts.

We gather round in the courtyard set up a table with two chairs and have them go at arm wrestling.

To everyone's surprise and a bunch of great rolls on the Eldar's behalf, the scrawny toothpick manages to floor the Purplebro. Needless to say, the Purplebro's self-esteem has gone down quite a few notches.

So, it's up to the Ork Mekboy, also newly appointed Doctor in chief apparently to fix this issue.

After many Orky deliberations, trial-by errors, he decides to concoct a steroid for Purplemohawk. Because PUNY HUMAN NEED MUSCLES.

Grabbing the Injector from earlier, the Ork runs around the compound grabbing things that make sense to his mind.

Diesel Motor Oil , Because da git needs to be slick!
Ground Coffee, Because da brown mouthwash seemz ta help humiez be on their feet.
Adrenal Stimulant, Because dis seemz to help dem ignore da pain
Protein Powder, Da main juice for da musclez
Sacred Unguent, Because da Holy Emprah has ta bless dis git.

He blends the ingredients together as best as he can, walks up to the Purplebro a few days later, he was sulking in a corner. My Ork straight up injects him with the concoction.

The Purplebro is not happy about this as he starts to behave erratically, going around the compound fashioning himself makeshift weights for benchpressing. He seems like an unstoppable machine for 2 days straight, training endlessly.
>>
File: hulghast_t2.jpg (10 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
hulghast_t2.jpg
10 KB, 400x300
>>44226472
All the while, my Ork was recording these results on a dataslate, being rather curious as to what the hell was going on with his purplebro, he decides to grab another scrawny grunt and give him the same dosage.

These are the results:

>Serum Test - Day 1

>Pashunt Purple exhibitz paranohmul abilitiz, almost loyk a sixth sens, or sumfin.Need further testin.
>Shows increased sensitivuthyeh to sound.
>Exhibitz ability to perceive beyond visjhual perife-perefe.. eyes.
>Agiltuyh also inckuresed aftuh acrobadix display.

>In oll regardz, Purplh boy has adaptud well to protoh-toyp juice, but has refuszed further doses. Kurious.
>I wonder if da effekt is going ta be similar on Rahmirez.

The Purplebro has grown in muscle mass significantly, and size. Almost one foot extra on top of his 5.5. He also seems to be able to detect lifeforms approaching him from a distance, akin to an auspex, but crudely so. He muttered "I can feel the Air..SOMEONE'S APPROACHING" as our group members joined in to check up on him.

I noted that he's got an increased sensitivity to sound as Ramirez the scrawny grunt didn't quite make it through the serum dosage. He ended up mutating into a Hullghast which we promptly had to take down. This is where my ork figured out the sound sensitivity part, the screeching wails that mutant produced almost incapacitated him.

>Serum Test - Day 2

>I uh.. Found Rahmirez. He uh.. went all noight of da living ghoul on us.
>Test wuz kinda a success dho. I suzpecd id wuz da warp trickery frum da voidship dat made him go bonklers.
>Need to invezt in proppah restraintz if am to addempt teztz on oddah subjektz.
>Purphl Boy, luckly, has not exhibited any ov dese zymptomz. Effektz are positif on him. Mostlhy.
>Wonder if da sacred unguent additivz will prevent da mutagenz propardies from going wild..kuz.. da Empra’ protektz and ahl.

What the everliving fuck have I gotten myself into.
>>
File: catwsbucky2.png (689 KB, 1080x450) Image search: [Google]
catwsbucky2.png
689 KB, 1080x450
>>44226725
Sounds like you've created The Winter Soldier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg
>>
>>44225840
>>44225885

So you telling me Yao Ming and the like would be considered hulking size in real life? Shhiiiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>44230162
They would be if they were a yard across of solid material like marines are (remember they are only hulking while in power-armor)
But then again they may get that movement bonus
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.