[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overlord Civilization Conquest Part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13
File: Overlord.jpg (289 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Overlord.jpg
289 KB, 1600x1200
Welcome back Overlord Steve!
And just in time too, I would hate to miss the big reveal behind the magic seal we had attempted to destroy in hopes of weaking the elvish armies and bolstering your own so that you can reign chaos over the land like many predecessors before you like never need before! *Gasping for Air*

But before that, lets have a quick recap of your powers, minions, and deeps up until now.

BROWNS 46
GREENS 9
CORRUPTED ELF FIGHTERS 40

75 FOOD UNITS
THE GREEN HIVE

NOXIOUS CLOUD SPELL (cost 4 mana)

1 HP SHRINE (Resist fatal blow once)

And currently 2/10 mana.

You conquered two elven villages out of 4.
>>
File: ooDJ9nh.jpg (182 KB, 600x827) Image search: [Google]
ooDJ9nh.jpg
182 KB, 600x827
With the seal broken, it is only a matter of seconds before hordes of black and green madness pours from the slowly opening portal. It paints the forest around us into a grey shambling mess of rotting vegetation and thorny vines.
Delicious bloodcurdling howls and disorienting roars echo around us as the eldritch radiation turns beasts to monstrocities.
And before the portal can fully close, a slender figure casually steps out, who would be so terrible that the elves would seal away- HUBBAHUBBA! What a number SHE is, the swirling shadows in her eyes, the faint scent of deadly poison drenched knives, I wouldn't mind getting flayed alive by her if you know what I'm talking about.

Uhhh.. What was I talking about again?

"Well met, my savior. By what name do I call you?"

>Speak freely
>>
>>44153294
Introduce ourselves, duh.
>>
>>44153618
No sense in me speaking on your behalf.
Perhaps you have some questions or requests for the lovely cut throat.
>>
Sweet, I've been wanting to play an overlord-themed quest for quite a while now.
>>
>>44153305
I'm Overlord Steve. Anything interesting on the other side?
>>
>>44153294
Say nothing, stare broodingly, get evil bitches
>>
>>44153744
Look no further then!

>>44153829
"And I am Middeth. There was a moment ago, and now its free, as am I. Supposedly I owe you something, tradition and whatnot."

Now's a good chance for you overlord! She is obviously dangerous enough to be sealed away, she may be a fearsome ally, or perhaps you fancy a mistress? Whats an overlord without a few flowers around the tower?
>>
>>44153933
Well gee, don't stand there like a sore thumb, ask her if she would like to rase some elven villages with you. Get to know her a little bettter on the walk there, then we'll see.
>>
>>44153968
"With pleasure, Overlord Steve." Her eyes sharpened with her smile. Oh a viper this one.

It appears Middeth is an elven ranger, lots of hidden weapons... hidden somewhere in what little clothes she has. She should make for a deadly ranged fighter.

Now then, there are more seals to be broken, or you can search for monsters to subjugate into your forces, the broken seal most likely created many new ones to look into.
Or we can get right to striking the next elven village! Your call overlord.
>>
>>44154073
Look into those monsters . We need to get stronger so whatever crawls out of those seals won't think twice about joyning us, and not once about overthrowing us.

Maybe send Middeth ahead to take a look at the Elven villages, see if they try to flee, or take up arms.
>>
Ask her for a demonstration of skill
>>
>>44154133
She finds that command rather boring but doesn't refuse it.

>>44154143
From who knows where a knife is produced into her hand, flicked away right between the eyes of a brown minion. It screams in agony, turning to black gushing sludge, which in tern also eats away at the plant life below where it once was.
She giggled with amusement as she watched the spectacle.
>>
>>44154257
>She finds that command rather
oh fine, let her stick around, she needs to be around for the slaughter is all.
Check those creatures and ask her why was she locked up in the first place
>>
File: jungle beast.jpg (93 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
jungle beast.jpg
93 KB, 736x552
Venturing into the corrupted jungles, left even more gruesome from the effects of the broken seal, it doesn't take long to find yourself a monstrous beast, or rather, it to find you.

This may have been a snake just moments ago. Lets refer to this breed as a Jungle Beast.

>>44154275
"During the age of heroes, my conservative brethren thought to contain all the evils of their land away, some of which was my handiwork. I am quite the avid merchant you see, I capture monsters and sell them for pretty coins."

Well Overlord, how shall we deal with this creature?
>Let Middeth do it
>Use your own minions
>>
>>44154400
Ask how much that one would cost us. If affordable, let her show what she can do. If not, the let's do it ourselves
>>
>>44154502
She eyes you up and down. "Well, I suppose this one I can do for free, then we'll call it even. Oh but you'll still bring me along for slaughtering a village or two wont you? I would hate to miss that."
>>
>>44154558
Well can't really turn down such enthusiasm now, can we?
>>
Middeth leaped into the trees, jumping and swinging around the monster while slinging roped hooks around it, it barely had a chance to strike back while being knotted unto itself.
Immobilized, the jungle beast could not stop her from administering a paralyzing toxin.

She smiled at her handiwork.

[A JUNGLE BEAST HAS JOINED YOU]
>>
>>44154716
so here is the schedule
>Counqer another village
>Give an offical employment offer to Middeth
>If she accepts, a mission for her (more on that later)
>Break another seal
>Recruit another thing
>>
>>44154821
Standing behind this
>>
>>44154821
The next village its quite fortified. Knights and Rangers patrol the place, we'll have to play this one carefully or we'll run out of forces for the next one.

>25 Elven Knights
>20 Elven Rangers
>40 Elven Fighters
>15 Elven Druids
>5 Treants

They have something of a bottleneck defense waiting for us, with tall barriers and more fighters watching them.
Oh but whats this? The corrupt vegetation has grown something most foul! A Death Durian! This insidiously smelly bulb is prone to exploding violently, our greens can carry these without fear of the poison, and lob them into our enemies, or perhaps into their structures?

Whats the plan overlord?
>>
>>44155043
A ruse.
Are the Corrupted Elf Fighters visibly corrupt, or more discreetly? Are they loyal? Can we feign a fight between them and the browns, and draw a rescue party from the village, catching them unaware and slaughtering them all?
>>
>>44155158
(cont.)
and prepare some greens with the vegetable, and get them if they try to rethreat
>>
>>44155158
Looking at a corrupt person is no different than any other until you interact with them. Nothing quite as odd as conversing with a mindless slave.
>>
>>44155253
So they can still clung their swords , falil wildly at the browns without killing them, and scream for help half convincigly? Then turn on their rescuers when given command? Let's do it then.
>>
File: Treant.jpg (176 KB, 760x969) Image search: [Google]
Treant.jpg
176 KB, 760x969
>>44155324
Let the farce begin!

Corrupt Elves and Browns flop around as if they are fighting.
1d10![2]
The play was not as convincing as we had hoped! The treants are mobilized outside the walls, careful of the lumbering lumber's crushing fists!
>>
>>44155467
Treants are slow lumbering things, right? Lead them away with a small and noisy group. Go around with the main force and start the vegetable bombing.
>>
>>44155540
The majority of our forces ARE the browns and corrupt elves, but we still have that Jungle Beast and the terrible temptress in reserve!

1d10![10]
Great success overlord!
The Death Durians make short work of their defensive wall, and the collateral damage is delicious!

1d10![8]
Your Jungle Beast rampages into their settlement, killing almost all the elven knights!

1d10![6]
Enemy druids are attempting to restrain the beast with entangling roots!

Middeth is sneaking through the carnage of her own accord.

Your orders Overlord?
>>
>>44155712
Middeth gets the druids, We get the rangers, minions do what they do best. If the treants get back and too close, we go for them, while Middeth tries to capture some. If not carry on as before.
>>
>>44155806
If you don't mind, try not to use 'if' so much. Its terribly hard to relay commands that have so many.. contingencies.

Middeth performs the art of violence over the unsuspecting druids.
1d10![5]
Five of them get ripped apart.

You and the Jungle Beast advance to the rangers, they send out a rain of arrows on your approach.
1d10![3]
They do little to damage you or the beast.

Minions are tied up with the treants far away from you!
1d10![5]
Oh dear, was that the sound of browns getting stepped on? 10 Browns perish!
1d10![2]
They can do little to retaliate.

Your orders?
>>
>>44155967
>try not to use 'if' so much
Sorry, it's the way I try to reach to ideal solution. Will try to refrain from it.

Switch targets. Minions get the archers. Middeth and the Jungle Beast gets the Treants, she might as well try to capture some, and Us by foot get the Druids.
>>
>>44156031
There's a bit of running around from your forces to meet the desired targets.

Meanwhile the rangers shoot out a volley.
1d10![6]
You sustain injury, but the health shrine recovers your wounds. Don't let it happen again before the end of this battle!

Minions drive into the city to attack the rangers!
1d10![3]
Six of them are killed and have brown feet dancing on their bodies!

Middeth and the beast engage with the treants!
1d10![9]
Amazing! Middeth is riding the beast while it smashes up the treants, two of them are crushed!

You swing you axe around the druids personally!
1d10![10]
You are no less impressive overlord! All the druids are felled by your blade.

Now what shall you do?
>>
>im here what's going on at the moment
>>
>>44156173

Round up the survivors, hunt down escapees and explore the surrounding area since this is all going too smooth
>>
>>44156173
We reinforce the browns, everyone keeps doing what they do.

>>44156224
We opened a seal, poisionus-beast taming dark maiden came out, and we asked her up for a walk among elven corpses. She captured a giant Plant monster for us, as a gesture of goodwil, and now we are taking in this village.
>>
>>44156321
hows the battle gone
>>
File: stoneskin.jpg (139 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
stoneskin.jpg
139 KB, 612x792
>>44156224
And good to see you again overlord!
The seal we broke was hiding a lovely mistress inside, she is currently aiding our attack on the third elven village.

>>44156277
Rangers are combating your minions.
1d10![5]
They are evenly matched, Five minions and rangers die.

Middeth and the beast continue fighting the treants.
1d10[5]
They are also mostly even, no casualties yet.

You waltz around the town looking for easy targets. Ah, a splendid find overlord! Another spellstone for the collection!
[STONE SKIN SPELLSTONE ACQUIRED]
This spell will buff up your minions defense, making them tough enough to endure blades and spears! (Uses 5 mana)
>>
>>44156353
We tried to use the corrupted elves to set up a staged battle and lure them into ambush. They smelled something, and mobilised the treants.
We went around them, and with deadly cabagges "Death Durian"s that sprouted from the new corrupt fauna, bombed them and assaulted them. So far so good, but we lost some browns.
>>
>>44156353

Like, nigga, really. Just read the OP
>>
>>44156415
Help the minions. use the stoneskin.
>>
>>44156508
There isn't much mana left, but you ought to have regained enough by now to cast this.

The brown's flesh turns solid, they are nearly impervious to the mundane weaponry of the elves.

Battle ensues!
1d10![5]
Five rangers die, your minions don't take damage while they have this spell going.

Middeth with the Beast continue brawling with the treants.
1d10![9]
She strikes a lethal blow into two more treants, one remains!

Now what overlord?
>>
>>44156750
Try to capture remaining treant, while bronws finish off the rangers. Then rout survivors, do the pillaging corrupting, and so on.
>>
>>44156750

Feed the hive for reinforcements
>>
>>44156786
Browns do combat with the rangers.
1d10![2]
The rangers are fighting defensively, only two die.

1d10![9]
Middeth guides the beast to restrain the treant, a very trivial task for her.

>>44156900
50 units of food is fed into the green hive. 25 Greens pop out. You now have a total of 34 Greens.
>>
>>44157015
Keep going I guess.
Can we cook the corpses and add them to the hives as food? Or that's too necromancy?
>>
>>44157098
Something about how the world is code- I mean works is that dead bodies quickly melt into the ground. Keeps the path clear and free of mushy clutter at least.

I'm sure if he get our hands on a bit of necromancy, we may be able to get some life energy from them.

The browns have mopped up the rest of the rangers.
They are wearing elven knight helms now. The silly winged ones.

[LOOTED 100 UNITS OF FOOD]
Oh the townies had a Magic Shrine hidden here!
[MANA MAX INCREASES TO 15]
[CORRUPT TREANT JOINED YOUR FORCES]

Middeth hollers to you from her mount. "From here on out, I expect a little more compensation for my efforts. It is a business after all."

Well overlord, what do you propose now?
>Head to another seal
>Attack the final village
>Hunt beasts
>other
>>
>>44157297
>Hunt beasts
Give her a personal job offer as Beast Master of your army of Darkness. She can choose 5-10 corrupted elves to do her bidding from now on.
>Head to another seal
She can get some more monsters while we burst another seal, then we can talk details.
>>
>>44157297

We have builders and a hive now. We need to get a portal set up to our dark tower to secure the hive and set up a base of operations, then get the brown hive and maybe a forge or more hives set up.

Meanwhile the conquered villages will provide us with food to create more minions.
>>
>>44157437
Indeed we should capture creatures that are good for heavy lifting, have arms, and probably taller than the minions, or us. So it can get things off from the top shelf.
>>
>>44157386
She frowns at your offer. "I want MO-NEY. Gold, silver, something worth my time."

>>44157437
Ah, a portal would be most useful. Though we lack a dungeon heart at the moment, the last one ...exploded. I do have another method, though it would require a quite a hefty amount of elven blood in sacrifices.

If you wish to acquire some gold to appease miss Middeth, we can perhaps change our target to the seafolk lands. No end of cashola down there to be certain.

How shall we proceed overlord?
>>
>>44157460

Browns are our bread and butter. Strong, capable of working forges, cooking and doing tons of useful menial tasks the other minions just aren't good at. Among minions, browns are the intelligent ones unfortunately. We will not get far if we lose our browns and rely on slaves and beasts.
>>
>>44157537

Would you kindly repost the possible areas from the first thread? I would like to guess at the likeliest locations for the brown hive and forging/building equipment.
>>
>>44157537
>I want MO-NEY. Gold, silver, something worth my time.
>From here on out
Well what's the going rate for no merchadnise for these days? Nothing? Get something worth my money then.

>>44157559
True, we should feed some food to the brown hive, and start constructing
>>
>>44157606
Of course overlord!

Besides the elves, we can direct our attention at the Seafolk, the Magi Towers, and the Holy Order.
I gather that another minion hive is somewhere to be found in each of those locations.

>>44157624
She turns her nose up. "Sorry Steve, I don't work for free. Come back when you have something of value, don't look for me, I'll find you." She dismounted from the Jungle Beast and disappeared into the shadows of the forest.
>>
>>44157717
Get shit back from holy order
>>
>>44157717
My vote is on the Seafolk. I'd like the Magi Tower, but I'd also like more mojo on our hands before we challange the Magi and the holy order sounds buff.
But construction first.
>>
>>44157717
Seafolk
>>
>>44157789
>>44157811
To the islands it is then! But we'll need to create a means to reach them. Through the long end of the elven forest should be a harbour, we'll hijack a vessel from there.

One moment for a write up.
>>
>>44157717

The holy order is most likely where our construction equipment, forging and cooking basics plus our brown hive can be found. I say bleed some elves, port back to our tower and prepare to take on the holy order.

Convey to the lady that the holy order has both fat priests and coffers. Should she choose our employ and pledge her loyalty to you, she will be rewarded handsomely with gold, slaves, minions and her own section of the tower to modify as she pleases. In return we expect her to be useful and keep a beast pen where she can raise and breed monsters and chimerae to form bonded pairs with the armed brown guard patrols as well as minion mounts.

Of course, whenever she feels like going out with you to murder and subjugate some towns she is welcome to join in on the fun.

Once we take out the holy order and get repair crews up, we can go to the magi towers to find a nexus point they will undoubtedly have tonforge a new tower heart
>>
File: islands.jpg (50 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
islands.jpg
50 KB, 620x320
With your current forces, the elves put up no resistance in defending a simple harbor, or perhaps they wanted you to leave anyway? We'll certainly return however...

The minions sing gaudy and off synch sailor songs all the way there to the Treasure Isles.
These lands have a bad case of high tide, it may be disastrous to use the boat for anything more than sailing here and back. We'll just have to stop through a few puddles.

Also a word of caution overlord, your minions are something less than incompetent swimmers, you naturally are tall enough to wade through a pond or two but the browns and greens must find an alternate method to cross.

Now that we are here, what shall we do?
>Make an attack on a seafolk village
>Naval battle with a cargo ship
>Venture into dank caverns

Mind you, all of these choices will be quite awkward, what with the drowning and all.
>>
>>44158041

This is a horrible bad idea without the blues who are likely at the magi tower because of the magic gathered there
>>
>>44158080
Agreed let's finish up the last elf village , crack up another seal, and fight the order instead.
>>
>>44158041
Venture into dank caverns
>>
>>44158104

Already at the islands bro, let's just deal with and see what's in the caverns
>>
>>44158080
>>44158104
I don't mind sailing back, but lets not spend too much time wandering overlord! It wasn't so long ago that the Heroes were running around looking for evil to slay. Our deeds likely have gathered some attention by now.

So decide on a plan first, then we'll go!
>>
>>44158179

Caverns first since we're here. Maybe we'll find a source of magic to portal back and forth between the tower and the cave
>>
File: p-land-sea-cave-m.jpg (60 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
p-land-sea-cave-m.jpg
60 KB, 450x300
>>44158230
It seems this is the decision then.

For the moment your browns and greens can't follow you. The corrupt elves, beast, and treant should be fine though.

Deeper and deeper into these caves, there is little to no light to be found. Aside from a few of these glowing bug things. If we venture far enough then surely something... Aha! A smelting cauldron has been abandoned down here, and its covered barnacles, this thing needs a damn good scrubbing before it can be put to good use.
And we need some minions to carry it. Hm? I hear something deeper inside, and a light!
>>
File: minions.jpg (31 KB, 626x310) Image search: [Google]
minions.jpg
31 KB, 626x310
>>44158541
Its the blues! Or once known as Sprites. Their hive is being hauled away by the seafolk! Quick overlord, they will surely sell it off to who knows where!
>>
>>44158570
Send in all the troops except minions. Go and cut down the meanest looking one.
>>
File: Tibur_sketch_01_EDIT.jpg (102 KB, 480x552) Image search: [Google]
Tibur_sketch_01_EDIT.jpg
102 KB, 480x552
>>44158570

>12 Mermen Fighters
>5 Fishmen Brutes

This place is still mostly flooded, so this fight will be a little tougher than usual.
How shall we proceed overlord?
>>
>>44158611
Going after the brutes first!
1d10![8]
You have quite a bit more manpower than these clowns, they are slain in short order. The fighters are not strong enough to carry the hive themselves and decide to flee the battle.

Now the blue hive is ours! Magical creatures these blues, still not very good swimmers but they have gills to breath in the water. And they can revive fallen minions!
Don't expect much from them in battle however, they are utterly fragile and pathetic.
While we are on the islands, they are certainly indispensable. Do try not to have them killed often.
[10 BLUES JOIN YOU]

Now what shall we do overlord?
>>
>>44158880
Go see if we can load a minion onto a blue.
If not put some greens on the treant and serpent instead
>>
>>44158968
Blues might be able to carry larger objects as a group but there's no guarantee that they wont drop a minion in the water by accident, often. Of course the other larger troops can be of service, mind you if they get into a fight, that wont be a good place for your greens to be.

Fair warning overlord.
Where to next?
>Caverns
>Village
>Trade boat
>other
>>
>>44159061
Village!
>>
>>44159061
>Village

I skipped towards the bottom, Dare not miss out on options still to make. What became of the female we freed? Also good to see you Selphon
>>
>>44159110
>>44159154
To the village then! Just like the elves, the seafolk have four outside villages and a capitol, which is completely flooded, with few overwater places. We will need much preparation before attacking it.

I can't wait to loot this place. All the gold and seafood you could ask for. Since they can all swim to and from the capitol, they will no doubt ask for reinforcements as soon as they can. Lets not worry about the enemy forces too much, ransack as much as you can! Before the tide rises!

>40 Merfolk Civilians
>30 Mermen Fighters
>Low Tide
>>
File: islandvillage.jpg (160 KB, 1024x622) Image search: [Google]
islandvillage.jpg
160 KB, 1024x622
>>44159328
>>
>>44159328
Blues and ourself force them out of the water or atleast towards the shores.

Greens attack from the above portion while browns fight who we force into the low tide/shore.
>>
>>44159328
Send the treant, greens, and snake at the fighters. Blues stick together and raid the houses! One blue sticks with treant and snake though.
>>
>>44159398
>>44159409
>Attack with blues and yourself with greens and browns above water
>Raid with blues and attack fighters with greens and monsters

What shall we go with?
>>
>>44159500

it won't matter if we 'raid' and lose more then we gain.
>>
>>44159500
>>
>>44159548
>>44159583
You and the blues make for battle with the seafolk fighters.
1d10![9]
Your blues splash around aggressively, but ultimately have no combat prowess, you on the other hand overlord, have a bravado about your axe swings.

Five fighters are killed, and you pressure them to fight on land. Where the greens and browns get the jump on them!
1d10![3]
A poorly organized attack, they only manage to snip off six of them.

>The tide is rising
>Mermen are swimming away to call for reinforcements

What will we do overlord?
>>
>>44159709
Have snake, treant pursue to kill. Blues must quickly start raiding houses, other minions taking abovewater houses.
>>
>>44159753
I'll support this
>>
>>44159753
>>44159786
The mermen swim out into waters too deep for even you or your monsters to pursue.

[LOOTED 50 GOLD]
[LOOTED 5 GEMS]

>The tide is rising, grab what you can, we're running out of time!
>10 Brutes have reinforced the village
>>
>>44159875
Flee while we can, have archers take out brutes as we retreat.
>>
>>44159912
Archers sir?
I'm afraid we have none.
>>
>>44159875
>Fuck this shit we're out
>Posion the brutes as we withdrawl, So even if they DO get to fight or pick off people in the back line they'll pay for it.
>>
>>44159912
>>44159998

We pull back but not without leaving those brute a gift.

A simple grab and run, we have some money and even some gems! Gems are handy to have when you want your magic to have a little upgrade.

The village may not be in our control, but the more we attack, the more we thin out the reinforcements they send at us.
Where to now overlord?
>>
>>44160223
Go home to build shit up, we need facilities and a place to put hives.
>>
>>44160223
Are there any seals here to crack open above water?
>>
>>44160223
lets find a seal maybe we'll find some kind of amphibious creature to help us in this area
>>
>>44160290
The seals were something the elves put up to hold back the evils dwelling in their lands. The seafolk have no such thing, but they are filthy stinking rich bastards! With more gold, we can buy mercenaries and services from other desirable parties along the way.
>>
>>44160359
Do they have any land opertions or ones that take in level water levels? if not, Lets head home.
>>
>>44160402
Surely there are pirates around, I would think they have some method of fighting merfolk in the water.
>>
>>44160359
Lets look around for some locals who have "disagreements" with the village if we cant find anyone we head back.
>>
>>44160494
This
>>
>>44160494
>>44160573
Its likely we can find such individuals in dark hidden areas. Like the caverns!

There's that smelting cauldron again. We should really find a place to put it.

Ah, this looks promising. A door, underground, with a small dock next to it.
A slide on the door moves over to reveal a set of eyes behind it.
"Password."

We don't know whats behind that door just yet, if you want to just threaten them. Also a reminder that our browns and greens cannot follow us this far into the caverns.
>>
>>44160672
Blues can?
>Threaten
>>
>>44160725
I'm not here to do your job for you overlord, I'm just letting you know that blues really can't put up a fight if they tried.
>>
>>44160672
Tell them we have an interest in the village and they may wish to work with us
>>
>>44160672
>"Password."
up up down down left right left B A start
>>
>>44160672
Hold up a gold piece. Money is the answer to any question.
>>
>>44160812
I meant follow us Selphon, Not fight.
>>
>>44160823
>up up down down left right left B A start
*up up down down left right left right B A start
>>
File: 1392474544983.jpg (742 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1392474544983.jpg
742 KB, 1024x1365
>>44160833
My statement stands.

>>44160812
>>44160824
The door opens.
"It ain't the password but it'll do. Come in come in."

This hovel is only a few steps nicer than the slick green walls outside, but it has a bar!
A BAR!
That means ale, something the browns can't get enough of, in fact they get rowdier and more violent while drunk, and piss everywhere.
Besides the mercenaries, perhaps you also ought to buy some booze.

Alright besides the bar, this place is filled with roughnecks of both man and fishman variety, it looks like we can buy their service for gold, or buy a ship here too, if we lose our old one for whatever reason.

>Buy stuff
>Converse with the captain
>other?
>>
>>44161013
Converse with the captain
Try to arrange a deal where his mercs will help us in exchange for a cut of loot at the end
>>
>>44161013
let see if we can recruit some allies for our little "excursion" to the village.
>>
>>44161055
>>44161105
What'll it be, organize a raid for a cut of the loot or pay upfront for a smaller force and take all the loot?
>>
>>44161148
Hmmm..
Ask if we can negotiate in private.
And then corrupt him to our will?
>>
>>44161148
>Raid
>>
>>44161192
"D'yea see any private mate? Tis a bloody cave."
>>44161413
Things are slowing right down so we'll just go with this then.

40 Mermen Raiders and 50 Pirates and their captain will help you attack the next village.
"We go by te seas, on me own ship, we'll meetcha at te village, ye grab whatcha can, cuz me boys'll do the same fer us."

So we have to go by the land path, anything else before we leave overlord?
>>
>>44161607
Look for structural weaknesses casually, as we leave.
>>
>>44161665
This place is pretty shoddy overall, and it strikes me and not the only location these hooligans dock. For what its worth.

Now the assault.
This next village is a fishing town, so we can bring up our food stores as well as fill your purse. Defense looks tight but its all above sea level, right now anyway. As the tide rises, we don't be able to access the gold storages with most of your forces. The tide will go back down soon enough if you think we can keep the fight going.

Whats your plan overlord?
>>
>>44161814
Encircle them with superior numbers, and close in. Nobody gets out. Make sure the pirates brought nets for live captures.
Blues will help handle nets. The rest be fightin.
>>
>>44161865
this sounds like a good plan
>>
>>44161865
>>44161924
It would be if that captain was following your orders. I think he may be pulling a fast one on us, taking all the loot while we fight the inhabitants.

But then what do I know?
Perhaps we can turn their attention to the pirates, it might end up with a few sacrifices, but you can't steal gold without breaking a few eggs.
>>
>>44161990
Fine, let him take all the flak while we rush the houses for loot.
>>
>>44162019
A few of your browns draw away the fighters and brutes towards the pirate ship, while the rest get to work grabbing bags of cash.

[LOOTED 40 GOLD]
[LOOTED 50 FOOD]

>The tide is rising
>Reinforcements are arriving

The pirates are doing fine, but they may get overwhelmed if this battle drags on.
What shall we do overlord?
>>
>>44162227
>Offer some aid if its gets...worse otherwises pull back.
>>
>>44162227
Loot weapons and armor if any are present. How many pirates are on their ship, by the way?
>>
>>44162263
I'm confused, pull back from the tide or retreat?
>>44162336
This fishing village wont have much equipment.
>40 Mermen Raiders and 50 Pirates and their captain will help you attack the next village.
>>
>>44162407
So none of them are even on land? Fuckin shitters. Keep leading reinforcements to the pirates and keep looting. Stay away from the tide.
>>
>>44162425
More of your browns are leading enemies to the pirates.
1d10![6]
Four die in the process.

[LOOTED 40 GOLD]
[LOOTED 50 FOOD]

>The tide rises. Get to higher ground!
>More reinforcements arrive

The pirates have a lot on their plate. If they leave now, you may find yourself having to deal with a lot of enemies.
>>
>>44162594
Go to higher ground, draw a small amount of attention back to yourself to relieve pirate pressure, but not enough to have them get off the ship.
Have blues keep looting. If they find nets, harpoons, spears, take them.
>>
>>44162698
Your browns aggro some of the fishmen to your army.
1d10![2]
Eight browns are killed.

Your forces are looting the high ground.
[LOOTED 30 FOOD]
Looks like you got all the food.

The blues grab random stuff they find.
Your blues are now wearing diver caps.
They bring harpoons to your browns.
Your browns are using harpoons.

>The tide rises. You can't reach the gold stores now.
>Reinforcements appear
>A kraken appears

Oh, that could be dangerous.

What do overlord?
>>
>>44162940
Try our damndest to summon the female from the seal. A kraken would be the best fucking pet here.

Defend position while we see what it does, with any luck, it goes for the pirate ship...
>>
>>44163052
>Try our damndest to summon the female from the seal.
Wrong place.
>>
>>44163137
She said she would show when we need her for the right price

Is she lyin
>>
>>44163181
That's one way to interpret what she said.

The kraken goes for the pirate ship due to being closer, and it flees at the sight of it.
We're on our own now overlord. Shall we retreat?
>>
>>44163244
Might as well retreat. To the forest.
>>
>>44163280

And that's that. We'll have to be wary when we attack these villages while they have a creature like THAT.

Lets pick this up next time overlord. Next weekend. Goodnight.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.