[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: times when you just can't even >playing D&D,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1449116833471.gif (45 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1449116833471.gif
45 KB, 100x100
ITT: times when you just can't even

>playing D&D, it is the big plot arc moment
>describe to the PCs the approaching demon army, its king riding a huge hell beast
>expect they will gather their allies
>"I cast Disintegrate"
>uh, ok, roll (hell beast has sick ass spell resistance)
>natty 20
>i get a 1
>he rolls max damage, all rolls open
>players are waiting to see what I say
>the demon king is slain, uproar breaks out in their ranks, players win easily with endboss dead
>Wizard player stands up, puts an arm in the air, shouts WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM
>mfw

fucking wizards am i right
>>
>>44058205
>shaming someone for playing a class
>shaming someone for being excited about progressing in a game
>shaming the use of classic fantasy tropes

Maybe you're taking things too seriously
>>
>>44058126

>Playing a better system than DnD.
>Players are looking for allies of their city-state against some invaders.
>Trying to make nice with the Sylvan creatures in a forest on the southeast border.
>Finally, after several missions, make contact with their nominal leader, a tiny sylph.
>That Guy has his character pull down his trousers and club her with his dick, noting that his cock is bigger than she is.
>Rest of party cheers him on.
>>
>>44058126
epic greenmeme, dudee! i kek'd heartily
>>
>>44058874
Sounds like someone had a shitty group and assumes that every group for that system is equally shit.

Sit down and get over yourself. It's not a system without flaws, but it's plenty of fun if everyone is on board. It's usually assholes like you who end up making overpowered characters just to "prove" how broken the system is, and in so doing wreck it for everyone else at the table.
>>
>>44059097
>defending D&D
>2015
>>
>>44059121
You actually gonna try to make a point?

I'm not defending D&D so much as the principle that any game system is great when you're playing it with the right group. If you have a shitty game, the problem isn't in the books, it's between the table and the chair.
>>
>>44058874
Firstly pretty sure OP was the GM seeing as he mentions him describing the army to the PCs. Second, all we know about the character is he is a wizard with the disintegrate spell. You are just pulling complaints out of your ass. You seem to be the one with issues you need to get over seeing as at D&DS mere mention you apparently burn with rage and have to make up badly made characters just to suit how a game is in your head.
>>
>>44059191
nigger the problem is the books, the allow this kind of shit
>>
>>44058126
>can't even

Tumblr pls go.
>>
>>44059378
Plenty of games allow stupid amounts of minmaxing, but almost none of them get as much hate as D&D.
>>
>>44059378
Read the sticky, friend. We're cool guys, so keep your chin up and be a cool guy too.
>>
>>44059302

Well, they're rolling for the disintegrate, and the demon king is rolling to resist, so that's either 3e or 4e.
>>
>>44059378
If you're going to pretend for one second that you can't come up with WAY more broken shit with GURPS, then I want some of whatever you're smoking. Any flexible enough system can be horribly broken and allow for insanely overpowered characters, that's why it's always up to the GM to decide what is and isn't allowed.

In GURPS, I made a character with a built-in arm cannon that was undetectable when it fired, and basically poisoned someone with cyclic radiation. All she had to do was tag something that wasn't completely immune to radiation, and in a few minutes it would be super nuclear and super dead. The GM vetoed it, and all was well.

Sorry if you're too shitty at these games to understand when to tell a player they can't do something.
>>
>>44059410
>We're cool guys, so keep your chin up and be a cool guy too.
>Posts this on 4chan

Where the fuck do you think we are?
>>
>>44059431
GURPS is a meme, nobody plays it
>>
>>44059491
Pick an example, then. Any sufficiently complex system can be broken by anyone determined enough. The fact that the rules might allow for dumb shit if interpreted loosely is not a valid reason to hate on a system, since then you'd have to hate on EVERY system.
>>
>>44058126
>Not having demonic sorcerers to counterspell anything being thrown at the big bad
Anon, your Wizard deserved to win that one
>>
File: 1444601720561.jpg (216 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1444601720561.jpg
216 KB, 768x1024
>>44058126
>can't even

>>44058268
>shaming

hmmm
>>
>>44058205
If a Disintegrate could kill the endboss that fucking easy, than an archer would have instantly fucking butchered him.
>2015
>thinking Wizards are broken because they can actually kill enemies like a retarded pleb fighter.
>>
>rolling to cast a spell

What edition is this?
>>
>>44058126

>wizard are op due to damage
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.