[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virtues of Evil Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 11
File: 1441398792773.png (640 KB, 800x855) Image search: [Google]
1441398792773.png
640 KB, 800x855
Alex threw the lit torch through the doorway. It landed on a pool of alchemic chemical, igniting his family home. The light of the inferno reflected off the bronze of his new body. There was nothing left for him now, his only child had refused the treatment to made into a golem. Alex respected her choice and let her die as a human.
But now he had to choose were to start his new life. All his family was dead, and used the last of his money to build the orichalcum body for his child and the prototype pieces for his.
Choose:
>>
>>44006914
>North-Heavily forested area filled with goblinoids, fey, magical beasts, and other creatures. The Four Layered Kingdom hasn't made much progress into this ancient forest.
+Won't meet anyone he knows
+Access to rare natural ingredients
+/- Lack of civilization until reaching far north
-No access to manufactured ingredients
-Harsh winters

>East-A rocky mountain range marks the eastern border of the Four Layered Kingdom. A Dwarven Republic lies in the mountains regulating trade between the Kingdom and the Theocracy in the desert beyond.
+Access to metals and cheaper prices
+High travel traffic makes it easy to move anonymously
+/- Has contacts in the Republic
+/-Hard to avoid people without wandering into desert or going deep underground
-Theocracy would destroy such an abomination

>South-The foothills of the mountains cover the area south of the Four Layered Kingdom, as does swamps and ancient ruins. Trade is heavily guarded as bandits flock the area between the Four Layered Kingdom and Sarda Kingdom.
+Excellent balance of civilization and seclusion
+Ruins make good bases and sources of treasure
-Bandits
-Adventurers
-Have enemies in the Sarda Kingdom

>West-The capital of the Four layered Kingdom and the western portion of said Kingdom. Beyond that is the Marigold River which serves a border to the Golden Queendom. There is plentiful trade throughout.
+Familiar with region
+Almost all Alchemic Items are available to purchase
+/- Have contacts in this region
-Very Difficult to avoid people
-Have lots of old allies and enemies here
>>
>>44006914
Name: Alex Merde
Class: Alchemist
Species: Construct (Former Human)

Equipment: Cloak of Resistance+4 (With Fire Resistance 30), Ring of Feather-Fall, Backpack, orichalcum full plate (Petite Build), Filled Notebookx4, Vial of Iron Corrosionx3
Skills: Alchemy-Grand Master, Transmutation-Expert, Rune Magic-Expert, Knowledge (Magic)-Expert, Necromancy-Journeyman, Cooking-Journeyman, Bludgeoning Weapons-Journeyman, Knowledge (Botany)-Journeyman, Knowledge(Mathematics)-Journeyman, Knowledge (Regional)-Journeyman, Glass making-Apprentice, Knowledge (Metals)-Novice, Glass making-Apprentice

Specialties: Necromantic Alchemy-Journeyman, Quarterstaff-Apprentice, Golem Making-Apprentice, Sword-Novice

Extra: Immune to Disease, Poison, Suffocation, Starvation, Dehydration, Internal wounds, Bleed, & mental effects.

Orichalcum Head: True Sight 80ft, Soul Protect
Iron Torso plated with Bronze: -
Iron Legs plated with Bronze: -
Iron Arms plated with Bronze: -
Orichalcum Hands: Life Drain, Crushing grip
>>
>>44006918
>South
Let's go, ruins.
>>
>>44006918
>North

We, will subjugate the wilds and then return for the kingdom.
>>
>>44006918
>West
Hit up some old friends, share notes, get some support.
>>
>>44007054
>>44006967
>>44007072

roll d100s
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>44007102
>West
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>44007102
>North
>>
>>44007132
He'll move west. It will be risky moving past the capital, but perhaps Alex will run into more sympathetic allies. The ones that were still alive anyways.

"Stop you!"
Alex turned to see Joe the Farmer charging at him with an axe in hand. His good neighbor must thought Alex was a raider of sorts. The man had to be dealt with quickly.
Choose:
>Side step and run
>Knock him out
>Kill him
>Consume him
>Write in
>>
>>44007283
>Side step and run
Ain't got time for this, and I don't want to get our clothes dirty with blood.
>>
>>44007283
>>Consume him
>>
>>44007393
>>44007324
Just roll with your choices, makes it faster.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44007484
d100 right?
>consume him
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>44007484
Sidedtepping
>>
>Kill him

No witnesses
>>
>>44007510
Alex snatch the farmer in mid charge and held him aloft. The man struggled in his grip as the life force was drained from him. Soon he was limp in the construct's grasp. Seconds later Farmer Joe was dead on the ground.

"Father!"
In the dark Alex spot the Farmer's oldest son Joe Jr. The boy darted away to get help. New body or not there was no way he could catch that boy on foot. Alex vanished into the forest.

By morning he could no longer hide in the forest and was force onto the road. Farmlands surrounded the road as far as eye can see. Alex had to move quickly for the people of his town would send word of his description.
Choose:
>Avoid contact with anyone
>Trek across the farmland
>Continue unchanged
>Make contact with merchants
>Write in

Gain 1.00 Charge. Charges can be use to repair body or to boost an action of choice.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>44007650
>>Avoid contact with anyone
>>
>>44007510
Yes, you are correct about the d100. If anyone has any questions at any time, please ask.
>>
>>44007650

>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44007650
>Continue unchanged
This would be the fastest method of travel right?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>44007650
So did our daughter die of a terminal illness, or did we kill her for not becoming a golem like us?

Come to think of it, are there laws in this kingdom against Soul transferral? Because if it was legal and we actually had done nothing wrong up until we murdered our neighbor, we alerted the authorities for no good reason.
>>
>>44007828
Fuck, forgot to roll for that one.
>>
File: 5492742-A_Renaissance_City-0.jpg (62 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
5492742-A_Renaissance_City-0.jpg
62 KB, 600x399
>>44007650
Alex soldiered on without distractions, detours, or rest. What would normally taken two and half days took a single day. The sun was still up when he reached the outside gate. What wondrous body.
"Halt," yawn the gate guard as Alex approached. The Alchemist presented his citizenship papers that had his Adventurer's license attached.
"This license is expired."
"I know, I'm getting it renewed."
"It expired fifteen years ago."
Choose:
>"I'm coming out of retirement, couldn't settle down."
>"I've been offered an instructor job."
>"I'm a battle mage, age isn't a factor."
>Write in
>>
>>44007841
Alex would have made casual conversation => slowing him down a little bit + chance things happening.

>>44007852
Yes she died of an auto-immune disease so normal methods of healing wouldn't work. Necromancy is illegal in all civilizations in the area.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44007909
>>"I'm coming out of retirement, couldn't settle down."
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>44007909
>"I'm coming out of retirement, couldn't settle down."
>>
dice+1d100

>>44007909
>"I'm a battle mage, age isn't a factor"
>>
>>44007909
"Oh really? My father is the same way. Take care of yourself you old bastard."
Alex was waved through and he entered the gate of Ork Reach. It was the largest city east of the Capital and the third largest in the Four Layered Kingdom. From any point in the city the castle of the East King could be seen. The last time Alex was here he was begging for the King to find someone who could save his child. The man was kind enough to send the Royal Physician and the Royal Priest, but they both failed.
It wasn't his fault, thought Alex. In his arrogance he thought that his reputation would be enough to fix everything.
Choose:
>Continue through City
>Stay the night at an Inn
>Stay the night at a Church
>Go to the Adventurer's guild
>write in
>>
>>44008227
Might as well renew the license as long as it doesn't require any intensive checks.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44008227
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>44008227

>>44008298
This. Hope it doesn't require a physical...

>>44008175
Options field, friend.
>>
File: AznarThrul.jpg (66 KB, 400x668) Image search: [Google]
AznarThrul.jpg
66 KB, 400x668
>>44008387
Having a renewed licence would be handy. He just hoped no one asked to removed his helmet. The city became dark halfway there with the only lights coming from the bars and inns. Many of which he had party at in his youth. The ghosts of fallen friends haunted his mind. He was able to have the luxury of a family, while many others did not.
A man in a red robe ran out into the street in front of him. "You! Have you seen anyone in a black garb?"
Choose:
>Answer no and move on
>Point a random direction without a word
>Analyze deeply with true sight
>Write in
>>
>>44008525
Turn your head and cough. HA
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>44008602
>Answer no and move on
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>44008602
>>Answer no and move on
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>44008602
>Analyze deeply with true sight
>>
>>44008689
Alex was silent as the world broke away into colorless lines. The man was radiant with magic, a mage. The runes on his head where divinity magic, most likely communication, the robe had transmutation magic, and the rod had evocation. There was another aura in the hedges nearby. It was small and shadowy.
"Are you going to answer me? AH-VEN-TUR-ER."
Choose:
>Tell him to fuck off
>Point at a random direction without a word
>Point at hidden aura
>Ask why should he
>Write in
>>
>>44008811
>Write in
"No, I have not seen anyone wearing a black garb"

When he leaves investigate the black aura.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44008940
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>44008940
Seconding
>>
>>44008940
"No, I have not seen anyone wearing a black garb."
The man leers at Alex as the rune on the mage's forehead glowed. He then tapped Alex on the shoulder, "I got my eye on you."
Once the mage was gone, the Alchemist parted the hedge and revealed a young man with long hair. He slides out and steps away from Alex.
"The Illuna Ravens will remember this," he says before running away.
Things have changed here. He needed to get answers.
Choose:
>Follow the young man
>The guild will have answers
>Change course (Inn, Church, or Leave City)
>Write in
>>
>>44009160
>The guild will have answers
>>
File: Mace.jpg (20 KB, 319x219) Image search: [Google]
Mace.jpg
20 KB, 319x219
>>44009207
The guild hall was filled with merriment as most of the member partook of beer and food. It didn't take much to spot the adventuring group that had everyone's attention. Alex walked past the monster slaying story to the front desk were the bartender/Administrators were.
"Hello there, can I get you something?"
"I wish to renew my license," he said while placing the old one on the table with his citizen papers.
"Okay, do you have proof of identity outside of your citizen papers?"
"Yes, I have a lock on my security box."
"One second," she said as she went under the counter. A few seconds later a blank piece of paper with the name Alex Merde written on it materialized out of thin air. The alchemist placed his hand over it and the paper became lit with golden runes. They rearranged themselves for a few seconds and then paper vanished to be replaced with a mace and a bag of coins.
He had forgotten that he tossed the weapon in there behind the transmutation lock.
"How will you be paying for your renewal fee."
"I'll up the guild's cut from 15% to 40% until the bill is paid."
"Would you like a quest?"
Choose:
>Investigate disappearances in Dum Nets (City South of Capital)
>Provide Protection for Merchant Caravan to Sarda
>Investigate high end thefts in town
>Not now, wish to do own investigation.

Acquired Msk Mace
>>
>>44009433
>Investigate disappearances in Dum Nets (City South of Capital)
>>
>>44009433
>Provide Protection for Merchant Caravan to Sarda
>>
>>44009491
Alex decided to take the guard quest and then took a seat. The reality of the past few days hit him. He was alone, more so then he ever was. He could not join his peers in their merriment without being question about why he didn't eat or drink. Even if he could he had grown tired of such things decades before. That's why he settled down. But now his wife and child are gone, leaving him empty.
His thoughts wonder back to his the neighbor, the one he killed. Alex remembered how good it felt to drain the life from him. What stopped him from doing that now?
Choose:
>Humility, just because he wasn't human anymore, didn't mean he was superior to them.
>They outnumber him
>Nothing, if he was clever enough
>Write in
>>
>>44009715
>Humility, just because he wasn't human anymore, didn't mean he was superior to them.
>>
>>44009491
Sorry, I just notice I wrote the wrong thing. My bad.
>>
>>44009715
>They outnumber him
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44009715
>They outnumber him
>>
>>44009774
>>44009843
>>44009880

"I am not superior," he said to himself remembering that the last memories his daughter had of him was being this monster. He reinforced this thought with the common sense that he was outnumbered without any real alchemy equipment.
Without anything else to do, Alex sat on a bench and went into a meditative state. Hours went by like seconds and he was broken out of this state in the morning when an Administrator approached him.
"Good Morning Mr. Merde. We have applicants that wish to join you."
It was the guild rule to never quest alone.
"What are my options?"
Choose:'
>The one whose class is labeled: Adventurer
>The one whose class is labeled: Knight
>The one whose class is labeled: Treasure Hunter
>The one whose class is labeled: Monk
>>
>>44010073
>The one whose class is labeled: Adventurer
>>
File: 1448391951363.jpg (89 KB, 950x1100) Image search: [Google]
1448391951363.jpg
89 KB, 950x1100
>>44010073
The vagueness of the Adventurer Class intrigued him and who he got intrigued him more. Laura Smith look young and old at the same time, had no distinguishable equipment, and seem to have trouble looking anyone in the eye.
"Hello, I'm Alex the Alchemist."
"I know."
A brief moment of silence.
"So, what do you bring to the table."
"Lots of things."
"You're new aren't you?"
"Yes."
"Whatever," growled Alex. "Lets get a move on."

In his new body Alex was certain that the trip to Dum Nets would only take the entire morning, but with a mortal companion needing to break for food and other bodily functions it took till the afternoon. The city was in sight when Laura raised her hand to stop.
"People died here."
"What?"
"I'm sorry I meant people died here recently.Those men in the woods did it."
Alex focused his true sight to spot the various life forms hiding in the corn field. They were surrounded.
Choose:
>Charge!
>Retreat
>Rush forward
>Transmute some runes on the ground
>Write in

Name: Laura Smith
Class: Adventurer
Species: Human?
Connection: Guild Associate (Lv0 Friend, Lv 0 Love, Lv1 Business)
Equipment: ?
Skills: ?
Specialties: ?
Extra: ?
>>
>>44010671
Typo, meant field instead of woods.
>>
>>44010671
Lets not start killing people with our bare hands yet, better to demonstrate our known ability.
>>
>>44010671
>>
>>44010805
>>44010725
Alex knelt to the ground and placed his hands into the earth. Six runes formed in a large circle around the pair. He had finished injecting them with magic when the bandits began their assault. Two were caught in a column of fire as they triggered a rune.
"MAGE!"
"Stay back and fire arrows!"
Alex instinctively tucked his chin and covered his head with his arms. It took one going through his chain-mail to remind him that he didn't need to do that.
"Surrender mage! We stuck your body guard like a pig."
"Yeah girly, that protection won't last forever."
Choose:
>Go terminator on these fuckers
>Transmute the dirt into quicksand
>Tell Laura to cover her ears and transmute a sonicboom
>Write in
>>
>>44011030
>Transmute the dirt into quicksand
Sink the bastards.
>>
>>44011072
Alex quickly moved his hands back to the ground and transmuting several spots into quicksand. Half the bandits were now sinking into the ground while the other half scattered into the corn fields.
Alex stood up and saw that Laura was perfectly fine and was bobbing her heard around. Strange one.
"Get back here you cowards!" shouted one of the bandits. The rest were more focus on trying to get out of the quicksand.
Choose:
>Leave the bandits to sink
>Consume them
>Drain them a little
>Write in
>>
>>44011370
No draining in front of company.
>>
>>44011370
Gotta have more plausible deniability.

Since Alchemy has some magic about it, maybe we can say we developed a way to temporarily transmute our skin/clothing to metal and that's why we can go Terminator? It'd be a good cover if our golem body gets found out.
>>
>>44011660
The only clothing Alex has outside his body is a cloak.
>>
>>44011660
It just looks like we are wearing full plate.
>>
>>44011695
So our body looks like we're wearing a suit of armor.

Then we should think of a plausible reason for why we never take our "armor" off, or do some transmutations to clothes so that it looks like we're not a golem.
>>
>>44011370
>Consume them
>>
>>44011660
>>44011521
No point of revealing himself just yet, thought Alex as he pull the arrows out of his chainmail. He should be thankful she wasn't paying attention to that his body took serious wounds without harm.
"Come on, we have a mission."
"We're leaving them?"
"Yes, unless you have another idea."
"No. No need. They'll have company."
Alex tilted his head the side, "Company?"
"Oh, the people they killed."
Figuring that he'll never get a straight answer, he moved on. With a snap of his fingers the runes became uncharged. Alex was enjoying that he wasn't feeling fatigued at all from using so much magic.
The city of Dum Nets was a decently size trade town that primarily offered as a rest stop before reaching the capital. There was a lot of junk merchants around and there was an inn on every corner.
Choose:
>Report to guild hall immediately
>Shop around
>Find an inn to stay at since the guild will most likely be full
>Inform city guard of local bandits
>write in
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>44011890
>Inform city guard of local bandits
>>
>>44011890
>Report to the Guild Hall Immediately
>>
>>44011890
>Report to guild hall immediately
>>
>>44011924
The pair stopped at city guard office to tell them of the bandits.
"That'd be the rat nest gang. They were driven out a month ago by us we when we thought they were doing the kidnappings."
"So it wasn't them."
"Of course not. The Rat Nest gang are bunch of morons that barely run a protection racket. That's the only reason they lasted so long here."
"Thank you, that was informative," said Alex as he slipped the guard a few copper coins.
"Any time."
So it wasn't the local gangs, perhaps an outsider. But why prey on the locals over the people who come in and out each day?
Choose:
>Report to guild hall
>Shop around
>Find an inn to stay at since the guild will most likely be full
>Go to the church for some gossip
>write in
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44012074
>Report to guild hall
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>44012074
>Go to the church for some gossip
>>
>>44012342
Alex led the way to the local church of Solarius to which Laura refused to cross the grounds into.
"It doesn't matter what you believe, the gods don't just randomly strike people down."
"No I stay out here."
"I don't follow Solarius and here I am standing on her sacred ground. Not on fire."
"No."
"Fine! Go check us in at the guild and find a place for us to stay."
"Okay."
Alex grumbled his way into the church. Inside was well lit due to the large, well placed windows. Since most of the goddess' followers were farmers, none would be in until sunset. Therefore there was a single priest about, one that Alex had known for many years.
"Can I help you my son?"
"Yeah, I was wondering if that gossipy old fart was still around."
"Matters, is there an old rouge under that armor that likes to play with magic?"
"I'm a grand-master alchemist you jackass."
"It is you!" said the priest as he hugged Alex's form. There was no comfort, only the faint memory of human contact. "I thought you retired. And when did you start wearing armor?"
"I did, and I started wearing it when I got old."
"Seems a little backwards to me."
Choose:
>Make reasons
>Distract with questions on disappearances
>Ask him about his life
>Write in
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>44012636
>Distract with questions on disappearances
No reason to make old allies suspicious.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>44012636
>>Make reasons
>>
>>44012753
>>44012745
"I used some alchemy to make me use the armor with ease. But the main reason why I'm here is the disappearances."
"Oh," said his old friend as he pulled away. For the first time Alex saw how ancient and tired his friend was.
"Harold, are you okay?"
"No Alex, I'm not. I'm a failure."
"Harold you are not-"
"Spare me your sympathy," the priest replied as he sat in a pew. "I'm suppose to protect those who come here for protection. I've fought back large men, women with knives, even the city guard. All lost sons are protected here. Yesterday a boy was snatched from the church yard. I had only stepped away to get some water and he was gone."
Choose:
>Comfort Harold
>Press for information
>Thank him and leave
>Write in
>>
>>44012918
>Press for information
He's an old ally, we should help him so he helps us.
>>
>>44012918
>Press for information
>>
File: mcintoshpage.jpg (9 KB, 270x188) Image search: [Google]
mcintoshpage.jpg
9 KB, 270x188
>>44013108
>>44013127
"Harold, this is important. Do you remember anything else?"
Harold furrowed his brow in silence. Then he said, "Apples. When I stepped into the yard I smelled apples. It was before I noticed that he was stolen. There hasn't been an apple orchard here since I was a child. But I remember the smell."
"Thank you Harold, I'll be on my way."
"You'll find won't you?"
"I'll try. That's all I can promise."
Choose:
>Shop around
>Search for Laura
>Go to the House of records
>Search the city perimeter
>Write in
>>
>>44013312
>Search for Laura
>>
>>44013312
>Search for Laura
>>
>>44013332
>>44013354
We're finding Laura so that we can better search for the kid, right?

We came here to do a contract; will we have to do this sidequest?
>>
>>44013332
>>44013354
Alex felt that he was productive, but it was now time to set up base. At the guild a message was waiting to direct him to the Boar head's inn. Laura had checked out a room with two beds and a partition. She was waiting on her bed. If her eyes weren't constantly shifting, he thought that she was dead.
"What did the guild have?"
"People go missing. Don't know why. Don't know who. Probably spirited away I think. Swoosh, swoosh. Crunch. Munch."
Alex glanced at the reports. "They disappear at all parts of the day and night, so most likely not a vampire. All locals, or at least only the locals are reported. The only other thing I got is the apple smell. So I need you to tell me if you smell apples."
"Okay. Apple spirit, not drinking kind."
Choose:
>Move partition and meditate for evening
>Go shopping a bit before merchants close up for the evening
>Go on patrol
>Write in
>>
>>44013430
The contract was for the disappearances, the kid is one of the ones who vanished.
>>
>>44013634
Oh, I thought we took that convoy job. I must have missed that for some reason.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>44013614
>Go on patrol
>>
>>44013697
I also typed in wrong and made a post saying I wrote the wrong thing >>44009774
So it is more my bad.
>>
>>44013614
>Go on patrol
>>
>>44013710
"I'm going to go on patrol for a bit. You get some rest."
"Okay. You rest too."
"I'll be fine."
"Don't be sad anymore, you'll rest easier."
"Who said I was..." She had fallen asleep already. Sooner the job is done the quicker he could be rid of this weird woman. Not that she was the strangest person he had ever worked with.
Outside the inn Alex had several areas he could patrol, but if he exited the gate there no going back in until morning.
Choose:
>Patrol the main streets
>Patrol the inside perimeter
>Patrol outside perimeter
>Patrol the wealthy district
>Patrol the poor district
>Write in
>>
>>44013987
>Write in
Look for the warehouse district and if there's a warehouse that houses fruits and vegetables, specifically apples.

Also use our Knowledge (Botany) and Alchemy knowledge to figure out what else could smell like apples, such as alchemical reagents and such.
>>
>>44014055
Alex decided on going to the warehouse district to check the traffic of apples. On his way there he recalls the hairy willow herb that has an apple smell as well. It is used to make creams and poisons. A weed that is found in swampy areas which one would have to travel further south for.
A few payments later and Alex was looking at the the warehouse district food storage area. All apple related products were crated up in a temporary hold area. They came from further north and are being shipped south.
The warehouse district was a dead end for the investigation, but he was able to get an apprentice level alchemy kit for next to nothing. So not all is lost. Laura was still sleeping when he got back.
Choose:
>Meditate till morning
>Make some alchemy items
>Write in

Acquired Apprentice Alchemy kit: Contains 1 flask, 5 vials, mortar & pistol, and basic alchemy ingredients.
>>
>>44014414
>Make some alchemy items
Let's put that thing to use. What can we make?
>>
>>44014670
Since Alex is a grandmaster alchemist there is little that he can't make. Generally if no one specify a general something, the character will make items he deems to be useful
>>
>>44014750
I can't think of anything specific right now, so a general use item is fine, I suppose.
>>
>>44014750
Since we cant rule out anything, an item for use against the incorpreal would be a good idea. And one useful vs invisibility as well.
>>
>>44014670
Alex worked through the night utilizing his skills to make the kit produce more then it was ever made to do. A couple trips to pantry down stairs also helped. By morning he had three vials. One was a grey vial that would produce fog seconds after exposure to air. The other two were red and blue vials that worked together. The red vial held a liquid that turned into a sticky paste after 20 seconds of air exposure. The blue one reacted with the paste.
"Red then blue then Kaboom," chuckled Alex as he exited the room. His work partner was already downstairs eating breakfast.
"Morning. Eat breakfast."
"I ate while I worked."
She made a raspberry with her mouth. "Did not. You were hungry yesterday and didn't eat too."
"Whatever, I'm geared up and ready to start the hunt again."
"We're going to the market."
"You need to get something?"
"No, another disappearance."
Choose:
>Go to market
>Split up and Patrol the inside perimeter
>Split up and Patrol outside perimeter
>Split up and Patrol the wealthy district
>Split up and Patrol the poor district
>Write in
>>
>>44015043
>Go to market
>>
>>44015141
Alex follows Laura to the market. After going in several circles he asked, "You don't know where the disappearance happened do you?"
"No, I'm not entirely sure on where the disappearance will happen."
"Wait, will happen?"
"Yes," she said while bobbing her head. "I know it will happen soon in market."
"Are you a clairvoyant?"
"I don't drink wine."
"What?"
"What?"
Before he could gather his thoughts, a scream broke out through the market. Decades of habit had Alex sprinting toward the source almost instantly. A large woman was screaming pointing down a darken alleyway. "It took my husband! Someone help!"
Choose:
>Press the woman for information
>Make chase
>Wait for backup
>Write in
>>
>>44015302
>Make chase
We can Terminate when people aren't looking, we should be fine.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44015328
This. Juggernaut mode engage
>>
>>44015346
>>44015328
Alex continued his sprint into the alley way while focusing his true sight. Whatever it was had large green aura and it was moving quickly. As much as he was enjoying sprinting for so long without tiring or slowing down, Alex needed to be faster. He diverted some of his extra energy to his legs.
Within seconds Alex was gaining fast on the creature as he duck, jumped, side stepped, and sprinted at inhuman speed. At one point he was running on the walls of buildings. The creature had gone over the city wall and with a single leap so was Alex. While in mid leap, his vision was blocked by the hostage who was thrown at Alex.
Choose:
>DODGE!
>Catch and save
>Catch and drain (specify from .01 to 1.00)
>Use him as a jumping platform
>Write in
>>
>>44015467
Also, .5 charge has been used.
>>
>>44015467
>Catch and save
As much as I want to see:
>Use him as a jumping platform
>>
>>44015467
>>Write in
Tackle the hostage aside, nothing is going to stand in your way.
>>
>>44015608
>>44015689
Roll them
>>
>>44015697
dice+1d100
>>
>>44015721
It goes in the options section
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>44015736
Thank you op. Rolling to tackle the son of a gun aside.
>>
>>44006944
>Name: Alex Merde
>Merde
Hnfufufufufu
>>
>>44015823
First hidden joke in this thread found, can you find the other(s)
>>
>>44015836
You mean apart from the fact we basically turned into Nox minus the time control and need to turn said time back?
>>
File: 1433616318283.jpg (89 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1433616318283.jpg
89 KB, 600x750
>>44015748
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oq-payCyhI

Alex swatted the man aside and proceeded to land gently on the other side of the wall. Two seconds later the man landed screaming and then was silent. The creature turned to face Alex head on. It was horrifying.
From what little he knew, Alex figured that this had to be a forest spirit of sorts. Guess it was time to test the limits of his new form.
Choose:
>Draw Mace
>Use transmutation on city wall
>Use red vial
>Go hand to hand
>Write in
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>44015467
>catch, drain enough in the time it takes to aim the lob the badtard at the monster
>>
>>44015855
No, that's just tropes and the fact that there is no "original story" rather there are original retellings.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>44015892
>prep red vial, go hand to hand
Idea is to try and "stick" the thing's feet together/to the ground
>>
>>44015892
>>Write in
Remember just because you see it and its horryfing doesent mean you cant hurt it with your weapon let go of your emotions and simply focus on harming it..Let it just be a shape...Attack the son of a bitch with your weapon if none...then your fists.
>>
>>44015949
Just a heads up, by sticky paste I meant the paste is good at sticking to things, not necessarily sticking things together. It spreads quite easily.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>44015892
>>
>>44015983
What did you roll for?
>>
>>44016016
To either punch it in the face to knock some common sense into it or establish that your the topdog here and no daemonic spirit is going to harm you but if you want to apply logic. Just attack it.
>>
>>44015949
>>44015972
>>44015983
Remember, just because you see it and it is horrifying doesn't mean you can't hurt it. Just focus. Alex then threw the red vial as the spirit raised its hand to swipe. He then sprinted forward to avoid the attack and knock the flying vial upward. The vial broke against the spirit's face as Alex slid between the creature's legs.
Choose
>Mace its back
>Grip and drain its sides
>Use some transmutation
>Rapid punch
>Write in
>>
>>44016085
>>44016085
>drain
God no that is a terrible idea on something otherworldly. Who knows what it might do.

I suggest
>write in
Pick up the thing and suplex it
>>
>>44016138
>Pick up the thing and suplex it
YES! YES!
>>
>>44016160
rolling
>>
>>44016189
didnt work? damn
>>
>>44016138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB7jlMX1wB0

Alex gripped the sides of the spirit and used the rest of his extra energy into strength. The creature writhed around as it lifted off the ground.
"AHHHHHH!" screamed Alex as bent backwards, slamming the creature head first into the ground. He let go and stood upright. "YES! That was amazing! Who thought I-"
Alex was sent flying to the city wall after the creature kicked him. The back part of his torso was slightly bent after being embedded into the wall. The creature got up and was visibly pissed off and blinded as the red liquid solidified into paste.
Choose:
>Transmute some shit
>Free self from wall
>Draw mace
>Write in

Best suplex video I could find in short notice.
>Transmute
>>
>>44016197
Where did you type the dice?
>>
>>44016248
In the options roll+1d100 that was it in the options.
Also since its blinded i suggest, just standing there or trying to be sneaky while being attached to the wall...
Its blinded it cant see although it can hear...be very careful alex.
>>
>>44016281
Thought it is Dice+1d100
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44016299
test
>>
>>44016281
The spirit groped at its face, spreading the red paste to its hands and more of its head. Alex used this opportunity to quietly free one of his arms from the wall. Just as he started to work on his other arm, Alex's true-sight spotted a twisting of air from which Laura emerged.
She stepped out in stagger more twitchy than normal. "They feed the apples and then ate the apples those cannibals. Chop the limbs, eat the fruit, and burn the waste." Laura repeated this several times before reaching Alex. "Hi. Have you used iron yet?"
"No, but that seems like a good choice."
The creature managed to clear an eye from the paste.
Choose:
>Fuck subtly, use enhanced strength & speed to burst out and attack with mace
>Transmute something
>Time for the blue vial
>Write in
>>
File: Sad-Puppies-6.jpg (60 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Puppies-6.jpg
60 KB, 700x466
>>44016408
pug bump
>>
>>44016550
>write in
Take blue paste, apply to mace and smack the fucker in the face.
>>
>>44016580
I agree to this. (also its 2 am.)
>>
>>44016586
5:40am were I'm at 10 hours at this. Good writing pratice..
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44016609
Damn dude you have invited vigor into my spirit
Also yeah sove that blue paste onto that mace and smash the motherfucker in the head..
>>
>>44016580
Alex drew out the blue vial, "I believe you also mentioned burning."
"Well yeah, it is a tree."
The spirit charged forward as the alchemist threw the vial forward. The Spirit crushed the vial in mid-air, splattering the liquid all over its hand and arm. The red paste turned purple before exploding. The spirit screamed as its arm fell to the ground burning.
Choose:
>Smash it with mace
>Consume it
>Beat the shit out of it
>Write in

finishing move time, think of a special prize for Alex.
>>
>>44016659
We got this
>climb wall, backflip off of the wall and come diving down, mace head first
This body is fantastic, it lets us be as gaunty as we were decades ago
>>
>>44016659
>This body is fantastic, it lets us be as gaunty as we were decades ago
beat the shit out of it with your bare hands YOU DONT NEED WEAPONS!
>>
>>44016705
>>44016677
With back flip, Alex freed himself of the stone wall and used it as a springboard to launch himself forward. The first blow caught the spirit by surprise, and by the third it was completely helpless. Alex unleashed all his anger and frustration with the world. Empowered and unable to tire, the construct alchemist continued to pummel the spirit until it was literal pulp. Victory was his.
The rest of the day was used to find the bodies of those abducted. They were buried in the land that once was an apple orchard many decades before. Payment was sent to their accounts and the pair started to make their way back to Ork Reach.
"You're useful kid, but one of these days you'll have to learn to fight."
"I know," she said more lucid than normal. "You're less sad now, but still sad."
Choose:
>Say nothing
>Ask how does she know things
>Ask what she really is
>Ask about the future plans
>Write in

Prize: Antler of the Apple Spirit(Special Ingredient): Filled with raw power of nature.

Combine 3 special ingredients to create a rare item.
>>
>>44016774
say nothing

Sadly op i have to sleep...see ya
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>44016774
>Say nothing
>>
>>44016774
>ask what she really is
Fucking loving this quest op, please continue writing!
>>
>>44018635
Had to take a nap, are anons still there?
>>
>>44018635
"Laura, what are you?"
"A person, just like you, but not like, but like everyone, but like no one."
"You're speaking in riddles again," sighed Alex. "But I get the jest of it. I thank you for respecting my privacy and I should respect yours in return."
She smiled, "Though you are right about my class title. I'll fix it when we get back.

Choose:
>Move efficiently back to Ork Reach
>Take it easy
>Take it the scenic route with several stops
>Write in

Discovered Laura's class: Medium
Gained Improvement in Connection: Trusted Guild Associate (Lv0 Friend, Lv0 Love, Lv2 Business)
>>
>>Take it easy
>>
>>44018951
>Move efficiently back to Ork Reach
>>
>>44019339
>>44019506
Roll them (1d00s)
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>44019543
Move efficiently.

And I realize now that if we had saved the man, we probably could have gotten a bigger reward.
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>44019543
>>
>>44019662
You have to specify what you're rolling for.
>>
>>44019592
Bigger award or if you had chose to consume him, Alex wouldn't be out of charges.
>>
>>44019592
The pair took a direct route to the guild hall and when they got there a group of men in red robes were waiting outside. Alex approached slowly, but when he was spotted the robed men quickly formed a semi-circle. A mage battle tactic!
"Halt! Under the authority of the battle mage guard you are under arrest for the murder of Joseph Hill and Alex Merde, as well as identity theft and movement without proper papers."
Laura stepped away from Alex, "They're mean, don't be mean."
"Identify yourself and surrender!" shouted the battle mage.
Choose:
>Retreat
>Fight
>Write in
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44019828
>Retreat
>>
>>44019865
From beneath his cape Alex open the vial of fog and let it drain down the back of his cape, onto the ground. "I have to admit I fine your manners refreshing. Most wouldn't bother asking for my name."
Alex thought back over the last several days, to the mistakes. No, the same mistake he kept making. He lost everything because he was prideful in his own ability. So he picked a name that would force him to never forget his mistakes again.
"My name is Humility, and I bid you a good day." The liquid fog became active, creating a thick fog in the immediate area. As the Alchemist ran, the fog grew behind him. Several small fireballs broke through, but his cape protected him from the glancing blows.
Choose:
>Flee the city (Pick a cardinal direction)
>Hide in the slums
>Loop back around to the guild
>Write in
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>44020003
>Flee the city (Pick a cardinal direction)
Whichever direction opposite of where we came from
>>
>>44020033
Alex exited the city southbound, sprinting past the guards and being chased by their arrows. Thankfully he couldn't tire, otherwise they would catch up to him on horseback. The alchemist took refuge by a pond that was five minutes away from the road. He had to make plans. Would continue to live as a hunted man in his own country or flee to a different one?
Choose:
>Staying moving in the Four-Layered Kingdom. There has to be some allies left.
>Take the trek deeper into the Four-Layered Kingdom to go to the Golden Queendom
>Take the trek deeper into the Four-Layered Kingdom to go to the Northern Wilds
>Head South toward the Sarda Kingdom
>Head East to the mountains of the Dwarven Republic
>Write in

See >>44006918 for additional information.
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>44020337
>Head South toward the Sarda Kingdom
Surely these pesky murder charges won't follow us there, and if we just give ourselves a new name whatever enemies we have there will be none the wiser.
>>
>>44020398
"Sarda, no one pretending to be Alex Merde would hide there. Here's hoping that most of my enemies there died of old age...That's strangely satisfying."
He considered stopping at the city of Dum Nets since it was a city that fell vaguely between the East and South Kingdom. The East King would no doubt have the bounty of a hero killer spread as far as he could. The last South King he dealt with was executed for treason thirty years ago.
Choose:
>Stop at Dum Nets to cash out Guild Account
>Stick to the most direct roadway to Sarda Alone
>Stick to the most direct roadway to Sarda and try to blend in with merchants
>Take the direct route through farmland and wilds while hoping that he doesn't get lost.
>Write in
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>44020589
How fast would news travel inbetween places? If it's safe to assume the Guild wouldn't know about us being accused of being an impostor:
>Stop at Dum Nets to cash out Guild Account

Else:
Stick to the most direct roadway to Sarda Alone
>>
>>44020619
The guild works for the entire Four Layered Kingdom, so unless an adventurer earns the ire of the High King they can move from one Kingdom to the other. Also the reason that the character got investigated was >>44009160
>>
>>44020619
He managed to get to Dum Nets and the adventurer guild with no difficulty. As he took his reward money minus the transfer fee, Humility saw a job posting for a protection job heading south. It was more a job for newer members, but it was the kind that supplied safe stable income.
Choose:
>Proceed alone
>Take job
>Hire adventurer as bodyguard (6 month contract for a newbie is what he can afford)
>Leave a message (specify)
>Write in
>>
>>44020886
>Take job
>Leave a message for Laura
"Come find me."
>>
File: avanti_by_kuvshinov_ilya-d9b32fz.jpg (598 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
avanti_by_kuvshinov_ilya-d9b32fz.jpg
598 KB, 1080x1080
>>44021013
Alex took the job and left a message for Laura to come and find him. It was unlikely that she would, but never hurt to try. The job was to guard a professor doing a dig in one of the swamp ruins.

I'm going to end the first game with this. I'm running out of creative juice. Any questions/comments/requests/critiques?
Next one will be next weekend
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.