[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragonborn general - /dbg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 762x1048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 762x1048
This is a dragonborn thread. Post stories, pics, humour and whatever else

>not sure if pic related
>>
>>43963486
>>>/aco/
>>
>>43963493
seriously, though

>>43963486
do we REALLY need to have more furry (or "scaly" as you fuckers like to call yourselves) threads on /tg/?
>>
>>43963493
>>43963549
>automatically thinking this board is furry/scaly
Trust me, I'd be the first one to shut that shit down. Is it any different to an Orc or Dwarf thread? Probably yes, in places, but a PC race is a PC race, and it shouldn't matter if it's a giant reptile person, a living piece of rock or a human (who are frankly boring to play if not for the many classes, like wizards). If you want to keep complaining, do it to WotC. If not, bitch on a kobald thread. Lord knows they get out of control
>>
I think they're pretty prone to specalsnowflake-itis. What's the best ways to avoid that with them, other than settings like planescape where everyone is a freak?
>>
>>43963673
Do we ever have a 'Human General'? And I don't mean HFY threads which are a sad, depressing thing.
>>
>>43963757
>And I don't mean HFY threads which are a sad, depressing thing.
Fuck off you self-hating kek
>>
>>43963771
They are topics in which unfit social outcasts try to feel better about themselves by portraying all of humanity as inherently superior which just so happens to include them.
I'm a Brit, and it'd be like if I started crowing 'hey look at us Brits we have the SAS who are cool and awesome'. They are cool and awesome but that doesn't make Brits as a whole, including myself, cool and awesome.

I mean obviously Brits are inherently cool and awesome and also superior to all you for'n savages but that's just a coincidence.
>>
>>43963749
Make them generic-ish. Have some defining features (a good backstory helps) and send them on their way. If they want to lead, let the party decide, and if they can't lead, don't let them. If all else fails and they turn into That Guy, ask the DM to drop a rock on their head and make a better character
>>
>>43963848
I'm Irish and I approve of this British post. Now feck off and take your fleg with you
JK we're cool
>>
>>43963892
I will admit to being utterly bemused and kind of scared of all the hostility between Britain and Ireland. It seems kind of crazy that we just had an independence referendum for Scotland not long ago (i'm Scottish, voted no) but that if there's a lot of that sort of sentiment in Ireland, seemingly, we don't just do the same thing to try to settle things a little peacefully.
Then again I think a lot is still residual bad blood because apparently we were fucking assholes over in Ireland and it resulted in a lot of the exact same coming back at us for a nice cycle of violence.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 720x576
>>43964060
To be fair both sides were pretty bad to each other, and it's very evident in places like Belfast that there's still a lot of hate.

But enough about politics, this is a dragonborn thread. Let's just shitpost and have fun
>>
>>43963771
Do you even realize how posting this all the time makes you a fag? Or are you too far gone?
>>
File: 1415909430709.jpg (57 KB, 1024x815) Image search: [Google]
1415909430709.jpg
57 KB, 1024x815
>>43964101
An excellent suggestion.

At which point I realise why a totally unsorted images folder other than 'SFW' and 'NSFW' isn't the greatest thing.
>>
File: 1415909338859.jpg (151 KB, 640x627) Image search: [Google]
1415909338859.jpg
151 KB, 640x627
>>
File: 1415909571182.jpg (73 KB, 670x981) Image search: [Google]
1415909571182.jpg
73 KB, 670x981
>>
File: DRAGONS - not even once.jpg (1 MB, 1600x930) Image search: [Google]
DRAGONS - not even once.jpg
1 MB, 1600x930
So here's a story that happened.

About a year and a half ago, my lizardfolk monk broke one of the cardial rules of Shadowrun (though we're playing 3.5, it still applies): he made a deal with a dragon. A dying dragon, but a dragon nonetheless. Long story short, this got him possessed by said dragon. After some shenanigans and the sad death of a party member, the possession was reversed.

Or so we thought.

Since then, he's been getting bigger. Lizardfolk usually grow to 7 feet in our setting. My character is at twelve and a half and still growing. Just recently, the wings showed up. And he's been able to breathe fire for a while now. We can only GUESS as to what this is doing to his mind.

Basically, my lizardfolk is very slowly turning into a dragon. He's not really sure how to feel about this. Pic extremely related.

Dragons. Not even once.
>>
>>43964850
Mate ride that train like there's no tommorow. Wings, breath attack, gold basically handed to you. It's the best life
>>
File: 1448792925839.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448792925839.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>43964850
The drawing on the right is pretty terrible mate.

And something like pic related is indeed the only way to "deal" with a dragon.
>>
>>43964987

It would be, considering I got it for free on a drawthread. I don't have the monies for a professional commission right now.

It suits my purposes.
>>
File: smug.jpg (26 KB, 900x480) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
26 KB, 900x480
>>43963486
>Your setting has no dragonborn because you and all of your players agree they are tacky
>>
>>43963749
It's only so if the character's only note is that they are some kind of mandragon, and the GM feeds into that.
I'm playing a dragonborn paladin, and so far, I've been regarded warily by everyone at first until they see I'm an alright fellow, and the only time I even talk about my race is if someone asks me what I am or I am preaching a story of the mercy of Bahamut (which I am an example of).
A bad character doesn't start with race, it starts when the player decides "I'm going to make a caricature, not a character".
>>
>>43963493
>>43963549
>>43963757

>>>/the fuck outta here STALKER/
>>
>>43965057
I hope you say the same about all the different half-breeds and racial caricatures.
>>
>>43965116
>you can only be a white human, a white elf, a halfling bard or a dwarf guy

Yeah, sounds real fun...
>>
>Player plays a dragonborn
>"So, how were you created? What relationship did your parents have?"
>"My mother was a golden dragon. I did not know my father, or anything about it."
>Make a note in my gamebook that the player's father is Ronaldo Rodriguez, the suavest Spanish bard in all the land
>>
>>43965375
You better make that PC a football legend later in the campaign
>>
>>43964060
I'm not sure you can call terrorist bombing campaigns that target innocent civilians the same thing as centuries of military occupation and religious persecution but sure, they're both pretty bad.
>>
>>43965418
I actually should give him a +5 to any football-related rolls. Even though I'm an American and don't watch Football and call it Soccer

His father is currently on a sacred quest from the goddess of sex to bone every intelligent race in the land with his Spanish powers. I can't decide if I want to have the PCs meet him at some point or not.
>>
>>43965789
Absolutely make it so
>>
This'll go down as a pretty short lived thread with a pretty big derail
>>
>>43964060
And now you're going to go do the same thing in the middle east, aren't you excited?
>>
File: 1448001978897.jpg (66 KB, 652x488) Image search: [Google]
1448001978897.jpg
66 KB, 652x488
>>43964938
It depends if he gets the brain to go with it. One way or another he's going to end up playing dragon politics and he could have a lot of trouble keeping up.
>>
>>43963757
Most character art threads
>>
>>43963771
>i hate teh subhuman niggers to feel better about my fatty

fuck current and past humanity
>>
>>43966978
Same guy as that post and I do worry pretty heavily. On one hand, I think we know from experience that there's basically no way this is going to end well. On the other hand, if we don't do something it might well end up getting much worse really fast. Feels like we're a bit fucked regardless but at least this way we can hope we're making a (good) difference.
What we need is Dragonborn adventurer squads roaming the middle east and enforcing law and order with breath weapons and magic. Actually there's a related thought, has there ever been a straight up 'post-apocalyptic DnD' setting? As in, some kind of 'now the world is fucked, nothing but ruins and wasteland' setting for some fantasy mad max? Not Dark Sun because that's a very strange and different beast.
>>
>>43968556
>I'm a misanthrope and only care about myself
Devious little creature.
>>
>>43964850
What the fuck is going on with Left's spine? That's like two 90 degree bends
>>
>>43969412
Literally 4ee Points of Light.

Everything went down.

EVERYTHING.

Magic got dmagaed, cities that didn't fall into the ground were hit with meteors, and people who played Final Fantasy Tactics/ Tactics Ogre/ Disgaea/ Super Robot Wars got to make the rules
>>
>>43969728
misanthopes are the most self-hating niggers in existence, you deluded fool
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.