[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #600: That's A Big Number Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: 1444809953408.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1444809953408.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43851373
>>
Have you ever done something nice for someone just to mess with them?
>>
>>43864471
Sure. I'm always nice and friendly, even when I'm doing something horrible.
>>
So, Konata's posts in the last thread got me thinking. Jumpers, none of you are going to quit. We know that. But there's a factor outside of your control - the Benefactor. So what would you do if she stopped playing? She gives you one last Jump, anywhere you want, just for old time's sake - but then you get to stay or go home.

What would you do with that last Jump? Would you take one last vacation? Find somewhere to spend forever? Get that one power you wanted so badly but never picked up?

Or are you so Determined that you'd throw it all away for the tiny chance that you can use this world to rekindle her interest?
>>
>>43864702
Those are called end jumps. We have specific ones for a reason, you know. And we get a spark at the end, none of this 'instantly lose' bullshit you're trying to push.
>>
>>43864702
I'd go all out. Not a world where I'd die instantly, but some place exceedingly dangerous and high-powered. One last challenge before being forced into retirement.
>>
File: 52096965.jpg (90 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
52096965.jpg
90 KB, 400x400
Alright fine jumper, I'm actually contributing in some way now!

Working on the Judge Dredd jump, I've got most the the locations down, the perk trees laid out for two of the backgrounds.

What I don't have due to writers block, is a fourth background (I've got Drop-in, Judge, and Criminal [Crime lord style]) I don't have a fourth background, suggestions would be nice.

Drop-in also needs some perks, I don't exactly know what to do with it.

I've got quite a few items, (Free Lawgiver for Judges, Slo-mo and recipe, Lawmaster) Some more suggestions would be nice on that too.

Also, a zero CP drawback that lets you go into the 2009 movie cannon, which I think involves less world ending monsters.
>>
>>43864750
Take an end jump. Don't play along with that anon's retardation.
>>
>>43864742
>>43864757
Damn nigga he's just asking a question. What shit in your cereal?
>>
So I'm fairly new to this, I see that there is a google drive, but i also see a lot of jumps get posted in the threads, are the ones on the drive up to date?
>>
>>43864742
It's a though experiment. We have those every so often. No need to leap down my throat over it.
>>
>>43864757
He's asking a hypothetical question. Of course I'm going to take an end jump for my Prime Chain (if I don't die first).

>>43864790
Anything not in the WIP folder should be up-to-date and complete.
>>
>>43864780
It's a fucking stupid question.
>>43864794
>>43864813
It's completely idiotic and flies in the face of the actual mechanics for that situation.
>>
>>43864790
Majority of them are. Because it's not always updated 24/7, you can find new jumps or new updates in the "Upload new jumps" folder.
>>
>>43864780
>>43864794

You're on /jc/, any question at random can cause someone's salt-triggers to activate.

Niggers like him will see what they want to see and use the flimsiest excuse to start shit. See: That anon commenting on Manyfist's Eldar jump saying that some of the options were uneven, and another anon seeing that as 'NERF EVERYTHING' and using it to start a shitstorm.

It's a bit like tumblr in that regard.
>>
>>43864842
Anon you sound kinda butthurt to bring up drama from a week ago.
>>
>>43864813
>>43864834
Cool, thanks guys
>>
>>43864861
He might be butthurt, but he's not wrong.
>>
>>43864869
He's stirring shit himself by dragging up old drama, though. Seems pretty pot and kettle to me.
>>
>>43864879
I give him a point simply because of the tumblr comparison.

Regardless of any other stupid shit, it's unfortunately appropriate.
>>
>>43864865
If you're just starting, you should post your Chain (or at least your first couple Jumps) and talk about it/them and your ideas and such.
>>
>>43864897
Not really? I don't see any of you throwing around death threads because of a character's skin color in a picture. It's way, way worse than you give it credit for, and we usually act a whole lot better. It's just the depressive, negative thinking you guys have where we're always the worst and always terrible even if the arguments are once a week or more which they are sometimes.
>>
File: konokay.jpg (8 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
konokay.jpg
8 KB, 242x208
>>43862885
>>43864742
> When these threads started, and sometimes even now, some anons actually got offended at the idea of NOT jumping or aiming for the spark.
Hi! Just thought I'd say that anons like you are an inspiration for my entire chain. Thanks.

>>43864702
... I might try to jailbreak, if I'm honest. Figure out a combo between what I've got and what I can get and then try to bust out of the plane in question and go on multiversal adventures without Jumpchan to guide me.
Some anons figured out combos for it. The consensus on that happening is that you break the chain, because you've obviously proven you don't need it anymore. I can't actually remember the specific means offhand, however. But it seems like something I'd do.
After that...
I...

I don't know.
There'd be no reason to keep going after that. Why do anything?
I just... don't know.
>>
>>43864754
The fourth background could be mutant trainee, like the judge in training from the recent movie. You get less combat powers than the Judge in exchange for various ESP powers including the ability to drag captured criminals into a mindscape nightmare hell dimension.

I don't read enough Judge Dredd to know how to make Drop-in fun, but it could revolve around evading danger like the Horror Movie Jump Drop-In. Living in Mega City One is dangerous as hell. I don't know how to make that fun, but it's an idea.

An expensive item to have a Judge in your pocket, more powerful prototype armor, cybernetic eyes that let you monitor multiple things at once, extremely powerful breaching charges, a handheld lie detector from the comics, and some of the stuff from this wikipedia page. It has a lot of good technology. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_technology_in_Judge_Dredd
>>
>>43864702
Probably the new Gaki no Tsukai jump. If THAT doesn't rekindle some kind of interest, I dunno what would.
>>
>>43864953
More like they missed the entire concept of how 'jump-chan stops' works mechanically here and asked something stupid.

Not that I particularly care what you do with your chain, it got kind of boring to read about when it started to be a bunch of drama and angst about emotional issues and whatnot instead of crazy robots.
>>
>>43864754
Dark Judge origin? Or maybe make Drop-In Dark Judge?
>>
>>43865003
Fuck off furfag with your fetish bullshit. That goes for you too.
>>
>>43865019
No lewd shit. Rot in hell.
>>
>>43864824
"What would you do if you only had one Jump left" is a pretty interesting question to me.

Personally, I'd go somewhere I'd always wanted to see but never had. Somewhere with good food, good drinks, good company, good views. Just treat it like one last ten year vacation before becoming God Emperor of Mankind back home.
>>
>>43865035
End jump. That's how it works.
>>
File: 1398313918734.png (2 KB, 239x258) Image search: [Google]
1398313918734.png
2 KB, 239x258
>>43865003
"It's still months til Valentine's Day, motherfucker." Then I flip the chocolate off their hands and walk away.
>>
>>43865003
I tell them to start running.
Then I release the companions.
>>
>>43864702
I presume the benefactor would just tell me, "look, it's time to go wrap this up, pick an end jump and show me what you've got."

If for some reason I couldn't proceed forward because I failed some condition that left me stranded in a jump, or was otherwise trapped without the chance to proceed to an end jump, I have several contingency plans.

One, the way it sounds to me (and I know others have other interpretations) the Gurren Lagann jump forces you into an end-jump scenario if you achieve post-teppelin levels of Spiral Energy. So I just remove the artificial cap on spiral energy, and train that until I'm forced into the Gurren Lagann world, to complete the end jump scenario and fight for my spark.

If that doesn't do it, well, there's a reason I've been stacking magic boosts and godhood and the like. Smite has a perk called "Arcane" that lets you transcend the limitations of magic systems. Several of the systems I've studied have magic for traversing planes and dimensions. I have magic that can summon people I've met before. I have spell-creation abilities. I even have the "fill in the gaps in things" perk from Jurassic park. From all that, I synthesize my own hobo spark. Presumably I'd be limited to the worlds I've already visited, but I could at least make it home, and help my companions get to their homes.
>>
>>43865023
So hostile. Sounds like someone needs some Treasure Type-O to calm down a bit.
>>
>>43865003
Tell the furfag who posted this image to fuck off and die.
>>
>>43865074
Nobody gives a fuck where you got it. We don't want your fetish trash here, dogfucker.
>>
>>43864702
Jump Phoenix Wright, have her arse in court for breach of contract.
It's worth a shot.
>>
File: THREADO WO TOMARE.gif (581 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
THREADO WO TOMARE.gif
581 KB, 625x626
What part of "report and ignore" do you people not get?
>>
File: 1425863288079.png (379 KB, 530x516) Image search: [Google]
1425863288079.png
379 KB, 530x516
>>43865096
Heh. That sounds just funny enough to work. Once.
>>
I can't even tell. Is it just one really salty anon or are we a bit more angry than usual?
>>
>>43865131
People are always angry when someone tries to peddle their fetish.
>>
>>43865074
>The poor kobold! You probably hurt its feelings!
0/10 would not allow to be part of warren of malevolent tinydragon minions.
>>
>>43865128
That's the idea, yeah.
>>
>>43865131
People freak the fuck out at the mere idea of their candy being taken away.
>>
>>43865152
>Apparently /tg/ is full of furries.

Apparently this is news to you
>>
>>43865131
That's our secret anon.

We're always angry.
>>
>>43865152
And it pisses people off too. And we want to keep both your trash and people getting pissed at your trash out of the thread.
>>
File: tumblr_nr1g88pRJt1qh1x0oo1_1280.png (611 KB, 1280x553) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr1g88pRJt1qh1x0oo1_1280.png
611 KB, 1280x553
>>43864958
Ah, should have explained this a bit more.
There was going to be a mid-range perk in
the judge tree that let's you be a recruit in a non-standard street judge branch (Psi-Ops, Tek, Med, and MAAAYYYYBBEEE SJS)

I'd have to specify about four, but Psi would be folder under that.

As for the Items, and ABC robot was definitely going to be there.

And of course, a 100 Cp drawback that puts you in the 1995 Stallone Movie, and everything is just as cheesy

>>43864986
Making someone a mass murdering super badass BBEG right out of the gate would be not good. You're supposed to do that shit on your own, in my eyes.

Oh, and a free perk that lets you keep a lantern-jaw esque frown at all times. Able to express maximum displeasure.
>>
>>43865169
When this thing inevitably dies, /tg/'s going to have an influx of triggered former-jumpers.
>>
>>43865182
>>43865169
Just this once, stop taking the bait.
>>
>>43865204
I always err on the side of someone being an idiot rather than baiting, which is why I bothered to explain to him why the reaction to his picture. Regardless the matter is settled so it is probably best to move on.
>>
Wait, is there a normal Eldar jump? Rad. I can't find it on the drive though. Would someone mind posting it for me?
Or is it actually on the drive? It wouldn't be the first time I'd failed to find something on it.
>>
File: 1411525579394.jpg (143 KB, 678x453) Image search: [Google]
1411525579394.jpg
143 KB, 678x453
>>43865184
>Oh, and a free perk that lets you keep a lantern-jaw esque frown at all times. Able to express maximum displeasure.
Can't wait to combine it with The Face from Soul Eater.
>>
>>43865244
It's not done.
>>
>>43865253
Don't forget the scowl from God of War!
>>
>>43865244
Manyfist is working on it, it's doing well but it's not done.
>>
>>43865253
Don't forget Scowl of Sparta.
>>
>>43865262
There needs to be a scowling contest between Kratos and Dread.
>>
>>43864977
> it got kind of boring to read about
Eh, that's fair. Not everyone likes that kind of stuff.
I personally tend to inject needless drama into stuff whenever I think it's starting to get boring, because... that's just what the writing groups I used to be part of before /jc/ did. And it's fun for me.
But even saying that, I realize it's not everyone's bag, and that sometimes I even tend to go overboard. But, y'know, it's just a thing I'm having fun with.

Actually part of the problem is that robots alone sometimes get boring.
Or rather, sometimes the robots just aren't CRAZY ENOUGH.
I get most of my ideas from the setting and jumps in question, so when there's nothing really clicking in terms of "robot designs" I just kindof go "meh" and look for something else.
I could talk about the drunken dildo-copters in TF2 or the suggestively-conical robot armies from Divinity Dragon Commander when I took that Angry Feminist drawback and was working out some issues, but I think I've done that five times now and there's not really a story there other than "Yeah those sure looked like penises. One time I chased Scout around the compound with one and he screamed like a girl".

Whereas at least with angst I can go on for a page or two about FEEELINGSSS.

I mean, I feel like it's important to be in good humor for this kind of thing.

Oh man, that reminds me, though.
I never posted my build for R-Type and I totally did some shit with Bass in it.
HOLD ON.
>>
File: Oy..jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Oy..jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>43865172
Hulk?
>>
File: Huhwhat.gif (995 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
Huhwhat.gif
995 KB, 500x270
>>43865318
>>
File: 2009-03-14-150231.png (59 KB, 196x270) Image search: [Google]
2009-03-14-150231.png
59 KB, 196x270
>>43865279
> I never posted my build for R-Type and I totally did some shit with Bass in it.

R-Type
> Age: 35 [Rolled7]
> Origin: Researcher
> Raw Danger [-200CP]
> Soothe The Darkness In My Heart [-200CP]
> Basking In The Summer Sun [-100CP]
> I Greeted The Sea Birds [-200CP]
> R-Type [Get a Freebie!]
> K-Type [-100CP]
> Bydo Lab Chief [-200CP]
> Renaissance (Wo)Man [-300CP]
> R-9A Arrowhead [Get a Freebie!]
> R-9JC Custom [Get a Freebie!]
> Launch Bay [Get a Freebie!]
> TW-1 Duckbill [-25CP]
> R-11B Peace Maker [-25CP]
> Bydo Bytes [-50CP]
> Weird Baby Cat Bydo Thing [-200CP]
> Legendary Hero [+100CP]
> “Bydo” Remains A Mystery... [+100CP]
> Bydo Bait [+200CP]
> Power-Up! [+200CP]

So I was like, "BASS. I need you to do something for me."
And he was like, "I am not getting into a fucking fighter plane. That totally defeats the point of being the Strongest Robot."
And I was like, "Nono, I want to make it so you can fight the Bydo YOURSELF."
And he was like, "I don't want to wear spaceship parts. They're too clunky for the day to day."
And I said, "That's true. What if I attach them to Treble and it can be your fusion thing?"
And Bass said, "I am more than okay with this."

So this is the story about how Bass gained a Miniature Gundam Mode when he combined with Treble, and then he flew through space shooting aliens. Which sounds pretty heroic! Until you remember that he was laughing. The whole time.
The whole fucking time.

Earth was almost more afraid of him than the Bydo.
>>
What's the best way to maintain wealth between jumps before getting something like the universal ATM from Animal Crossing? I don't mean anything that would take actual time or effort like helping people reverse engineer advanced technology or cutting billion dollar drug deals. I just want to do the equivalent of cash out my stock portfolio, dump the proceeds into my cosmic warehouse, and then sell them for money to re-invest in the next world.

I'm currently thinking just buying up gems and previous metals, since they'll maintain some kind of value in almost every jump, no matter how advanced or primitive.

Ideas on keeping the CIA from asking awkward questions about how some random schlub pulled a billion dollars worth of platinum out of his ass would also be appreciated.
>>
>>43865339
>>
File: OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN.gif (997 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN.gif
997 KB, 500x300
>>43865358
>>
>>43865345
There's some jumps with in-your-pocket autocash and assets.
>>
>>43865344
Did you ever upgrade Bass to true sapience?
>>
>>43865345
Monopoly. Let's you change money no problems, also has some useful perks for the business orientated.

And then there's the perk that lets you buy a building for 1.5 times it's value. I get a lot of use out of that one. Akrham Asylum? Mine now.
>>
>>43865057
Gurren Lagann doesn't force you into an end jump scenario because there's no way to break the Spiral Energy cap unless you either choose to take Gurren Lagann as your end jump or do something else to raise it post-spark.
>>
>>43865419
>Akrham Asylum?
I'm pretty sure that has negative value.
>>
File: img011.jpg (129 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
img011.jpg
129 KB, 500x298
>>43865057
Your build sounds interesting, please go on.
>>
File: 1433260744095.jpg (65 KB, 497x666) Image search: [Google]
1433260744095.jpg
65 KB, 497x666
Only 66 more until we can all commit ritual suicide in order to summon Beelzebub.
>>
>>43865443
So they paid me to take it? Even better!
>>
>>43865480
Seems excessive. Can't we just use a chicken?
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.full.279980.jpg (163 KB, 700x860) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.full.279980.jpg
163 KB, 700x860
>>43865344
So, effectively, Bass became savior of Earth.
But really it was more like "Bass is the sapiant weapon used to kick the shit out of anything that so much as looks at Earth funny."
And he did that job really well.
Of course, if he died, he would always respond back at the lab. And then I'd upgrade him some more. And then he'd just start laughing and fly off to go shoot more aliens.
It was pretty disconcerting for everyone who saw him, actually.
That was a fun jump.

But anyway, other stuff:
I also took the scenario,
> Operation Bitter Chocolate
And I sided with the GRA, because... honestly? Even knowing that the Bydo weren't completely dead, I disagreed with the Earth Allied Armed Forces' policy of "disarming is for chumps".
Like, I totally get the idea of wanting to do more research on the things. That's fine. But when someone says, "Let's disarm these weapons and live in peace", and you say, "Fuck you", that's just being a butt.
So when the GRA came a knocking, I joined up, and supplemented their forces with shitloads of cheapass fighter drones. Just... massive shitloads.
And then of course there was Bass.
Nobody beats Bass.

In other news, my Weird Baby Cat Bydo Thing became eldritch levels of cute.
Like, it's almost physically painful to look at.

>>43865395
Oh, absolutely. We did the Megamans in order, so one of the first upgrades he ever got was to become on par with Reploids. Which are sapient.

So Bass is... marginally better at strategy now.
But not by much.
>>
>>43865491
>>43865480
Aurochs are the best thing for a sacrifice, but those no longer exist. So a Bull or an Oxen should do.
>>
>>43865480
>ritual mass suicide

You mean like the ancient Terran shamans?

Hey wait a minute.

>Jump-chan is to Jumpers as Emps is to the shamans, which is why she's so powerful
>>
>>43865540
I'm sure someone can clone us one, or reconstruct the DNA or whatever. Like those chickens they gave teeth.

The worst part of that experiment is they aborted the embryos, the jerks. Should've raised some dino-chickens and taken pictures. Would've been cool.
>>
>>43865388
I've never seen one that isn't pocket change to the sort of multi-billionaire a jumper could easily become by investing their money wisely over a few hundred years and taking it all with them each time.

>>43865419
I specifically asked for doing it before getting currency exchanging perks like the Animal Crossing/Monopoly ones.
>>
File: ash is ripped as fuck.jpg (109 KB, 500x922) Image search: [Google]
ash is ripped as fuck.jpg
109 KB, 500x922
>>43864702
Spend that return I've been hanging onto and go back to Pokemon. There's no place like home.
>>
>>43865568
Just saw you saying "What can I do before getting an item from Animal Corsssing to do it for me" and thought 'hey, there's a way to do it without paying CP'. Sorry that wasn't what you were after.

(Also, Animal Crossing is miss-named in the drive. Just putting that out there.)
>>
>>43865637
Ah. I didn't realize that the Monopoly one was free. That is a nice improvement, even if it doesn't directly answer the original question.
>>
File: 134013728712.png (169 KB, 379x353) Image search: [Google]
134013728712.png
169 KB, 379x353
>>43865497
> continuing on this because it's still mildly related to this story

> So Bass is... marginally better at strategy now.
> But not by much.

So, Bass is bullheaded as shit. He's always been like that. Even in Megaman, when he and Rock are supposedly of the same basic schematics (or that Bass might even be superior), Rock is still clearly more of an intellectual bent.
So, Bass isn't really into things like "strategy", even though technically he can do it if really pushed. Just, most of the time he just prefers to shoot and/or punch things. Sometimes he shoots things WHILE punching them WITH his blaster, and he always thinks that's really clever. That's the kind of guy Bass is.

Bass joined me because he wanted to become STRONGER, and fight STRONG opponents. And I've been earnestly helping him towards that end.
Honestly, if I hadn't joined the GRA, I don't know if Bass would have helped fight, because the GRA mostly just fielded regular ships. And the Earth was still fielding R-Types, with their Force that is supposedly invincible. And Bass took that as a challenge.

At this point Bass is far stronger than me. If it weren't for the fact that I can shut down or control electronics at will, I'd probably be scared of him.

At the end of the war, a team of scientists and engineers presented me with the TL-2B2 Hyllos, as said by the jump. But it wasn't what you'd see in the game.
When that thing unfolded into Gundam Mode, it looked just like Bass.
>>
>>43865255
>>43865267
Damn. Oh well. Is the WIP in gooed enough condition for a trial jump sort of thing?
>>
File: image.png (602 KB, 499x940) Image search: [Google]
image.png
602 KB, 499x940
>>43865244
I'm in middle of making the jump. Have had family over this week, the holiday and birthday stuff has really put my creativity to halt.

I don't want to make a uncreative jump. So I've been taking my time. Sorry for being so slow. WoW was a very slow jump to make as well.
>>
>>43865902
Nah, I wasn't trying to rag on you. I'm just kind of excited, you know? I was just asking if it was in a workable condition or not.
>>
>>43865848
>>43865925
http://pastebin.com/nc0UCZi0

I'm slowly chip away at it.
>>
>>43865969
Thanks for your time brah.
>>
File: drain punch.gif (2 MB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
drain punch.gif
2 MB, 500x321
Alright, so we all know there's a number of Jumps focused on martial arts. Those are all fine and well, and most are even decently survivable early on - but now I'm looking for more unorthodox ways to make my kung fu stronger.

What're some Jumps with great martial arts perks that you wouldn't expect to find martial arts perks in?
>>
>>43866297
Technically speaking, becoming a Mysterious Being in One Punch Jump probably counts. I think there's ALSO a perk in Ranma that allows you to specifically incorporate unlikely skills into martial arts. So a generalized "I know how to attack with KNITTING" mysterious power could evolve into a full blown martial art.
>>
>Harry Potter update drops
Oh fuck yes.

>mfw I rework my build and accidentally make a horcrux again without getting a philosopher's stone
...goddamnit.
>>
A question about how people interpret the Iji drawback Technical Pacifist: You find it impossible to directly kill someone, even aliens. You're unwilling to shoot enemies, and even find simply knocking them out nauseating. Strangely, you don't feel anything is wrong when you reflect rockets into enemies, or lure them into a hungry pack of blits.

It says even knocking people out makes you nauseous. Would that be just violently knocking them out, or would drugs or magically putting them to sleep count? I can also make them so tired they can't stay awake, if people think being pedantic might help here.
>>
>>43865437
Well, On one hand there's that, and on the other hand there's the fact I figure the rules are looser once you've hit the end of your chain. This isn't a "while I'm jumping" thing, it's when I'm stranded. and while you say it's a hard limit, I say I've got multiple perks that say I can surpass hard limits. And perks that say I never stop advancing, which is a very Sprial Power sort of thing in and of itsself. So, You can say it's impossible. But, ask Lord Genome's head what that means to a spiral warrior.

>>43865462
Well, where others become planets or eldritch things beyond mortal ken, I've set out to be an avatar of humanity uplifted. Early on, I set out to hone mundane skills. Shooting guns, swinging blades, hoisting sails and tilling earth. I consider both Magic and Science as ways that mankind can exercise dominance over the world around them, and so I strive to master them. I've been stacking magic boosters and domains of knowlege, and I've also put a priority on perks that give me followers, connections with organizations, and leadership abilities. Was there a particular aspect you wanted to hear more about?
>>
>>43866491
it looks like the jumpmaker was implying that you have to hurt people semi-indirectly. so if you gave them the drugs, then it would make you nauseous, but if they threw a bunch of pills at you, and you reflected them back into their mouths, then that would be okay. that was a shit example.
>>
>>43866527
It's not a canon hard limit, it's a /jc/ meta hard limit. Perks won't do shit for getting you more.
>>
I don't suppose there are any major sci fi / space empire jumps in the work?
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.full.858859.jpg (472 KB, 869x1000) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.full.858859.jpg
472 KB, 869x1000
>>43866491
It's a reference to the game, where killing someone directly adds to your kill count (which effects dialog), but reflecting rockets or leading enemies into preexisting traps does not.
Anyway, I would imagine as long as you're not HURTING them, it's fine. Like, if you have knockout gas, that might be okay. Syringes might be too much, though. A magical spell would work.
However, once they're unconscious, you basically can't do anything else with them, because throwing them down a pit or trying to get someone else to shoot them is a more direct course of action.
You could probably tie them up, but you would be unwilling to blow up the building after you leave, but you wouldn't be conflicted if someone else tried to blow up the building as long as you had no input in that decision making process.

It's about agency. Basically, if "you" hurt them, it dings your freakout meter. But if someone ELSE hurts them independently of you, it doesn't, because that person is clearly being a dumbass. You're holding yourself to a standard, but you are not holding it to other people, and if you want to be a cunning shit you can use their failure to live up to that standard against them, as long as you're not trying to directly alter their decisions.

That's how I see it.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>43866586
So would you think a spell to make people so tired they fall asleep almost instantly work? If it comes down to it I can buy the shield and do it according to the game.

And I understood your example just fine.

>>43866612
Yeah, I just don't know if 'making them tired so they fall asleep so I can sneak past' would count.
>>
>>43864702
Anywhere I want? There's nowhere I'd feel at home, not even in my own skin. I aim for the spark just to avoid stopping. Dragon Ball, no CP spent, and I keep going as far as I can.

I'm a failure. When the spark comes, I reject it.
>>
>>43866612
>>43866624
... Ok, just read your comment properly (instead of quickly so I didn't have to do the captcha again, and you said probably. Cool. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>43866491
Drugs likely wouldn't even work, everyone of your enemies in Iji will have a nanofield, and armor that should protect them in a vacuum. Toxic environments aren't an issue unless caused by nanomachines equal or greater to what they have. Also some enemies can be cracked, basically you hacking them and shutting down some of their abilities without actually harming them, which doesn't affect a pacifist run, while other enemies that you crack, will take them out killing them and ruining your pacifist run. Basically though, so long as you don't kill someone it should be fine.

However you should know that in playing the game, it's actually kind of easier to do a pacifist run.
>>
>>43866527
Jump maker's word surpasses perks, you can't just ignore a rule specifically designed for an endgame scenario.

It doesn't matter what kind of perks, powers or abilities you have, the limit remains until you either take G.L as an endgame or reach post-spark.
>>
>>43865184
>that drawback
I actually liked that movie, and it wasn't /that/ cheesy (Stallone's Dredd, though, yeah, pure cheddar). On the other hand, its Megacity lacked some (okay lots) of the stuff that featured in the comics, so there's that.
>>
>>43866666
you may be right, but I would never trust anyone with that many 6's in their post number
>>
>>43866644
Good point on the drugs. Magic spell and cracking (with the understanding that I can control what my cracking does since I'm a nanomaster) it is then.

Also, something people seem to miss when talking about combining weapons, Iji is great for it. You keep the original weapons and get something with the strengths of both. (Although I suddenly wonder if you were using a shapeshifting gun and just giving it extra forms... Anyone remember if it said something like that?)
>>
>>43866688
Nevermind. Even if that was how it worked in the game the Nanomaster perk says you can combine weapons. Hell yeah. And considering the perk also lets you drain magic it seems to be fine interacting with magical things as well, so you could probably combine magical weapons too.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>43866666
Good god it's the Super Devil. The legends were true.
>>
>>43866587
>>43866666
Except that by the very nature of this scenario, this is happening after we're already past the end of jumping. Rules to stop a thing from breaking jumping are gone by that point.

And it makes me really sad that the Gurren Lagann jumpmaker is utterly humorless about "impossible" meaning nothing to a spiral warrior. If we didn't already have an anti-spiral in our midst, I'd suspect you were them.
>>
>>43866733
I still want that fucking marmalade.
>>
>>43866745
Is that specific marmalade even a thing that exists?
>>
>>43866682
You can't ignore the quints. Quints for truth, man!
>>
>>43866688
Yeah, Iji's gun was supposed to be a miniaturized version of the ones the Komato Generals like Tor use. It could turn itself into any weapon it had the schematics for. For everyone else when they used hacking stations to combine weapons they just got the blueprints and had to go upload it into a nanoassembler later.
>>
>>43866758
In the very scene depicted above, the super devil is described, and as they're enumerating the differences between him and the regular devil, they mention how he has a jar of marmalade that forces people to commit adultery.

As a jumper, and as an enemy of marriage, I desire this marmalade.
>>
File: fishingforinformation.png (34 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
fishingforinformation.png
34 KB, 266x190
>>43866792
>enemy of marriage
>>
File: confused gollum.gif (1 MB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
confused gollum.gif
1 MB, 500x313
>>43866792
>enemy of marriage

Any reason in particular?
>>
>>43866777
Right. I couldn't remember exactly what it was. In jump it seems you combine the weapons directly in place of that. You do have to take the Nanomaster Capstone to be able to do that though.
>>
>>43866792
> Get that marmalade.
> Use it on a polygamous jumper.
> Rather than collapsing his existing marriages, it just causes his harem to become bigger.
>>
File: more.gif (992 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
more.gif
992 KB, 600x480
>>43866792
>enemy of marriage
>>
>>43866735
It's cold, late, rainy, I've had a bad day and other people's depression and bitchiness is affecting my own mood. So sorry if I'm being a bit humorless.

If you're just talking about this specific scenario then I suppose it would be ok.
>>
File: I don't understand any of this.png (398 KB, 664x375) Image search: [Google]
I don't understand any of this.png
398 KB, 664x375
>>43866792
>>
>>43866817
>>43866819
Seen it ruin too many people's lives. Men, whose testicles now reside in a handbag. Women, who believe if they tried harder he really would love them. Both, who actually thought a baby would fix everything.

I've seen people get married not because they couldn't imagine a day in their life without the person they love, but because they felt it was socially required of them, and they'd been in a particular relationship long enough without any real problems.

I've seen it make people happy too, but the ratio is seriously running like 11:1 here. It's hard for me to support an institution that began as a business contract, has robbed several longtime friends of their hobbies, interests and happiness, and overall just looks like such a losing bet to me.

And if they REALLY love each other so much that they can't live without their spouse, well, they ought to be able to endure some marmalade induced adultery, no?
>>
>>43866879
I feel the same, edgy as it is.
>>
>>43866855
I swear on this copy of The Necronomicon For Dummies that all I intend to use this jailbreak on the spiral power cap for is as an emergency "Help I'm stranded in the multiverse and Jumpchan has forsaken me" failsafe. Really, I just want to get my friends back to their homes, and return to mine. I made some promises to them, they have lives they left behind for me. I gotta keep that promise.
>>
>>43866879
Idealism is a painful tonic, Anon. I'm sorry on behalf of fools everywhere.
>>
>>43866896
>The Necronomicon For Dummies

Is that a thing?

>>43866879
Well, if someone were to make a Wedding Peach jump and offer a Villain origin...

Lookin' at you, Wakfu.
>>
>>43866879
>And if they REALLY love each other so much that they can't live without their spouse, well, they ought to be able to endure some marmalade induced adultery, no?
Hilariously, the marmalade would only seriously harm good marriages. I mean, another piece of shit in a shit pile isn't going to change things all that much. Where as you could easily ruin someone's (wedding) cake with that same piece of shit.
>>
>>43866907
There's perks for destroying relationships in Sekirei, actually.
>>
File: muh ideals.png (290 KB, 500x696) Image search: [Google]
muh ideals.png
290 KB, 500x696
>>43866879
>>43866903
>Ideals
>obviously ideal conflict inbound

So should we skip the discussion and go straight to the superweapons?
>>
>>43866907
In the whole wide multiverse, what isn't a thing?
>>
>>43866879
You have problems and I find your morality repugnant. Which is fine, but then you post it in this thread to the disgust of all. Which is not.
>>
>>43866829
>>43866792

Can I get some of that Marmalade?

That was a Joke

>>43866879
No. You're an idiot.
Marriage has a lot of issues. A lot of them.

But the Adultery would absolutely FUCK an actual good marriage.

>>43866941
>Muh Ideals
Would this man be an evil relative of Shirou perhaps?
>>
>>43866941
So, did anyone actually have Operation Stardust happen (successfully or not) in their UC Gundam jump, or did they derail things so thoroughly there was never a chance for it?
>>
>>43866879
No, you're trying to force them into the ultimate, unforgivable betrayal of trust. If you can't even trust your partner to be faithful you can't trust them in anything at all. And marriage needs trust. What you're doing is forcing people to go against their own beliefs and feelings only out of your own loathing of their happiness. It's disgusting.
>>
>>43866962
Marmalade is not justice, Jam, now that is justice.
>>
Would the thread hate me less if I perhaps settled for some sort of jelly that induced wanton behavior?
>>
>>43866996
No. You're disgusting for forcing people's behaviors to change into something repugnant against their will just to satisfy your own ego and loathing.
>>
>>43866962
>I do not like his ethics
>therefore, he is evil
I don't find his reasoning a 100% square either but isn't that going a bit too far?
>>
>>43867003
How about no? This anon is setting out to ruin people's happy marriages and make them miserable and cause divorces. He's fucking evil.
>>
>>43866980
Having actually scene a few marriages come back from cheating I have to say that it's not the end of the world you make it out to be. I'm not sure how they did it, but a couple of those relationships are the happiest they've ever been.
>>
>>43867003
>Dropping civilian colonies onto major population centers.

That's Evil bro, with a capital E
>>
File: 1446417232355.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1446417232355.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
>>43867000
>>
>>43866996
How about a compote that makes couples reexamine their priorities and rationally decide whether marriage is the right direction to take their relationship? That seems like it would be both more ethically sound and address the problem directly.
>>
>>43867010
Bullshit. Anybody that trusts another person after that is a moron. You people that trivialize and try to okay betraying your spouse like this are encouraging this kind of behavior in the first place, making you a horrifying individual.

>>43867016
This is not a defense of your mind control scheme. Anyone else in this thread will tell you mind control is evil evil evil. Especially when it has the goal you want.
>>
>>43867003
Nah, I probably am evil considering that most of what real-world evil consists of is people pursuing that which they feel justified in pursuing.

I'm just shocked at how solidly behind marriage and monogamy the thread is.
>>
File: giphy1.gif (280 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
giphy1.gif
280 KB, 500x283
>>43866962
>>43866912

Yeah, I have to agree. It wouldn't damage a terrible marriage nearly as much as >>43866879 thinks it would, while it would ABSOLUTELY destroy actual good marriages. That "I love you even if you completely destroy my trust" doesn't really tend to turn out for the better in real life. And if people want to stay together despite bullshit, they will. You can have the worst abuse imaginable and people will still stay together if they can delude themselves enough.
It's pretty sad, honestly.
We should talk about something else.

>>43866996
I would be more prone to forgive you if all you did was allow for temptation. Like, they have to be the piece of shit that goes through with it, you're just providing an opportunity.
"Is your love true? Let's t̷e͘s̶͡t́̀ it."
I mean, that's still a shitty thing to do, but at least it's not straight mind control.

>>43866982
But what flavor of jam is best?
I like cherry.
>>
>>43867032
Plenty of people here are cool with polygamy. Adultery is not polygamy, and forcing people into either is ethically monstrous no matter how you feel about any sort of gamy.
>>
>>43867003
>>43867032
Wait, you thought I was calling Marriage Guy evil?
I was asking about the guy in the Muh Ideals image, Zeke.
>>
>>43867041
Both evil.
>>
>>43867011
Oh him. Yeah he's evil. Pretty damn evil. Thought you meant the anti-marriage fag.

>>43867029
Getting some mixed signals here. Do you always deal in absolutes?

>>43867032
Your stance itself isn't automatically evil. Means maybe, but you're free to consider marriage bullshit. Just like how others thing it's the best thing ever.
>>
>>43866982
>>43867038
I'm fond of Grape Jam, but it's also what I grew up with.
>>
>>43867047
>Your stance itself
The issue is that we're talking about his methods. Which are unabashedly evil.

I'm not dealing in absolutes, but you're trying to trivialize and okay disgusting behavior like this, meaning there is absolutely no way I can ever stoop to any sort of compromise to you. All we can do is ignore each other in mutual hatred.
>>
>>43867029
I'm not sure whther you're arguing morons don't exist or that they shouldn't have relationships or that people can never get over things or that people can never change. Probably all of them.

>>43867032
Marriage is a major bond of trust and love, anon. Why wouldn't we want that? The amount of people involved is pretty irrelevant so long as they're all in on it. Adultery is distinctly a destruction of that trust, where polygamy is just a different sort of trust.
>>
is this where the saying "You're just jelly" comes from?
>>
>>43867041
No, his name isn't Zeke. He IS a Zeke. It's in-universe slang in Gundam for someone from the Principality of Zeon, like how in WW2 people would refer to every random German soldier as "Fritz". Though it is right that Zekes love dropping space colonies on people. The worst part is that they don't evacuate them first. And yet they still somehow try to claim the moral high ground. Strange people, Zeon.
>>
>>43867063
It comes from the word 'jealous'.
>>
>>43867056
I'm arguing that morons exist, I have little sympathy if they get fucked over after putting themselves back together with that kind of person, that there are some things that are unforgivable, and that there are some things that are not worth seeking a change in because that person neither deserves forgiveness nor are they likely to change.

I also hate that anon for trying to trivialize that behavior as 'minor', 'acceptable', or even 'forgivable'.
>>
>>43866916
The funniest bit is that it's the capstone on top of a whole bunch of really supportive perks to make you a really good listener, counselor, and matchmaker... and then the last one lets you destroy relationships without lifting a finger. I don't know enough about Sekirei to know who that's supposed to be a reference to, or if the jumpmaker figured the best way to get a harem series jump through without complaint was to include a perk to let you Twilight it.
>>
>>43867032
People who do not care are not going to get into a conversation about it.
>>
>>43867038
>I would be more prone to forgive you if all you did was allow for temptation. Like, they have to be the piece of shit that goes through with it, you're just providing an opportunity.

I could work with that.

>>43867041
Well, if you weren't calling me evil, a whole lot of other people still are.
>>
>>43867079
Doesn't the perk also help you make relationships super solid always true blah blah? It goes both ways.

I think the author's intent was to have you break up BAD relationships, but even then he recognize that the morally repugnant could use it for evil.
>>
>>43867087
That's because you're a cartoonishly awful villain who needs to dunk his head in boiling water until the flesh peels off. A duck is a duck.
>>
>>43867064
Space is for spacenoids earther scum.

It's clearly space madness, all of Zeon must be killed to prevent it's spread!
>>
>>43867064
Fair enough.
Note to self, punch out Zeon in Gundam jump.

>>43867079
I honestly have no idea what character it's supposed to reference either. Maybe Miya? I don't know.
>>
>>43867115
There is some moral ambiguity in gundam around Zeon. Not that they aren't evil, but the federation is not being properly fair to them, really though just get rid of the radicals and try and get the colonies more of a voice in policy affecting them.
>>
>>43867041
>>43867064
>>43867115
this makes me want to use "Zeke Zeon" as a fake name in Gundam AUs.

Don't you look at me like that. It's no less insane than "Patrick Colasour" or "Allelujiah Haptism"
>>
>>43867138
Well as I understand it, Zeon was a lot more gray as a faction, but just before the start of the series the leader was assassinated and said radicals took over. So their original goals can be empathized with, but not the methods of the new leaders.
>>
>>43867148
Assassinate the new leaders, got it.
>>
>>43867148
It wasn't just before, it was closer to a decade. The Zabis have had plenty of time to corrupt Zeon's government and military. You're going to have to kill a lot more people than just them.
>>
>>43867140
Anon, go with John Zack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiTosK80Wfk
>>
In light of the Harry Potter update, I have a question that has almost certainly been asked before. Are we in the books, movies, a combination of the two, or do we decide which bits are 'canon' for our chain? I'm likely going to throw the plot totally off the rails either way, but it's nice to know where we start.
>>
>>43867331
I think we can decide which we want if I remember correctly.
>>
>>43867353
Is it a binary choice, or can we pick and choose? I'm probably going to go full book either way, but I might find something I like from the movies more. If it's not, that is fine; I am perfectly happy to be in the books if we only get one choice.

Actually, I did just think of something I'd take from the movies: Dementors. Floating skeletal beings draped in a tattered cloth... They seemed cooler (and thus scarier) in the films.
>>
Can you summon Kid Radd mooks with adjectives already on, or do you have to add them later?
>>
Wow, suddenly no one is here.

Uh... a question... Hmm... How about; Jumpers: Tell me a tale, a tale of a fateful trip. When have you gone on a journey and had it go way off course?
>>
Help me /jc/, you're my only hope

I'm down to picking the Lockheed, the Casull, the Harkonnen, or any two of the 100 CP options for Hellsing Jump, and i cant decide which to get.
>>
>>43867989

Do you mean the Hellsing jump, or the Van Hellsing jump?

Also did you misspell any of those?
>>
>>43866973
Bless Gato, he tried his damnedest
Made it all the way to the fleet review before getting shanked in the back right before launching the nuke.
>>
>>43868058
Hellsing.
>>
>>43867989
The Bayonets, or the Puppetmaster's Strings if you already picked those. The other stuff you can just steal or copy.
>>
>>43867138
Plus, with the formation of the Titans, the Feddies are just as big of assholes as Zeon.

Really, once you get past the bullshit space magic UNDERSTANDING, Gundam is assholes all the way down.
>>
>>43868125
Eh, Bayonets are nice and all, but my tenth Jump would just make them hugely redundant.

Really, really tempted to go with Puppetmaster, but i'm more of an up-front punch/shoot the bad guys until they go away type of guy.
>>
>>43868206
Then use it as an ace in the hole. A backup in case you need it.
>>
Where can I get an immortal dog? Other than the metal dog from Monopoly. I'd prefer flesh and blood to cybernetic if at all possible.
>>
Which? the Bayonet's or Puppetmaster?
>>
>>43868461
Elder Scrolls.
Though you may have a slight Daedra problem.
>>
>>43868513
Are you talking about Barbas? I think he'd count as a Companion, and may need his pet Daedric Prince to come with him to actually survive leaving Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>43868486
I went with puppetmaster's strings,They're great for groups of Human level enemies,And they Have some Use against More powerful opponents. Plus since they are amundane weapon You can enhance them further through Numerous means, I for one give them a flame enchantment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CZpv9egbzQ
>>
>>43868554
Well, I was thinking you could pod him, but Skyrim is full of dogs and there's a fair number of ways to extend lifespan in Elder Scrolls.
Oooh, or find a dog in Morrowind and get it Corprus!
>>
>>43868611
I can probably extend it's lifespan myself, what I want is a dog that isn't going to die or stay dead if I get attacked while taking him for a walk. Jumpers lead dangerous lives, after all. A summonable dog might also work, so long as it's just a dog, and able to be summoned indefinitely.
>>
>>43868461
D&D, animal companion/special mount/familiar. Or just an awakened dog with some form of magical lifespan enhancer. Or a dog-like Magical Beast or Outsider of some sort, depending on just how dog-like you want the thing to be.
>>
>>43868658
In that case, learn necromancy or resurrection magic.
>>
>>43868695
While an option, I'd rather not put the poor pup through repeated deaths, if I can find another way.

>>43868686
Huh, that might work. I'll go look it up and see if it works. Thanks.
>>
File: Heuhehuehe.png (39 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Heuhehuehe.png
39 KB, 200x200
>>43866669

You misunderstand anon, I mean, the cheese is turned up to eleven thousand,
There is no cheese in the multiverse than can possibly be more cheesy than your ten years.

>>43868461
Get a hellhound in supernatural. That's technically flesh and blood.
>>
File: Harry Potter 1.55.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Harry Potter 1.55.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Figured this was worth reposting given how many people seemed to miss the ASoIaF and TES updates.
>>
File: Elite Beat Agent Jump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Elite Beat Agent Jump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
For you.

Just a small update that should have been posted a while ago. Changed a few items.

Fallen London is proving difficult to write for. 25 pages and counting.
>>
>>43869087
What exactly was changed?
>>
>>43869100
The drop in cap shoes, the agent mid item engine, description for a few perks was clarified, EBE was redefined slightly, no biggy.
>>
>>43869108
>A few perks
Not only did you not mention that in the original post, you're still avoiding mentioning any specifics.
>>
>>43869114
Changelog:
-EBE, mention the effects of a lack as well as a surplus.
-Thousand kick boots, readjusted for point value
-Elite Beat Engine, changed function
-Camera Drones, now Dance Drones

That should be all.
>>
Is Dragon Break from Morrowind/Oblivion basically Coil power from Worm?
>>
>>43869130
With the side effect of possibly destroying reality, pretty much.
>>
>Code Lyoko

>Not Scrawny, Svelte! (100 CP, Free Lyoko Warrior)
>You may look like a puny kid with skinny arms and no muscle mass, but you are far more physically fit then your appearance would indicate. From now on, your physical abilities are linked solely to your skill, and have little to do with your outward appearance. Practice martial arts enough, and you’ll be able to hit like much older, much more fit martial artist despite having noodle arms. Practice running track, and you’ll run faster even if you have much shorter legs. This doesn’t confer any increased learning ability; it simply makes skill and practice the sole determiners of your physical ability.

This seems like as much of a drawback as a perk. Sure, Jumpers have a lot of time to become amazing practiced and skilled, but they also tend to pick up a lot of bodily advantages too. "Your physical abilities are linked soley to your skill" means that even if you turn into a dragon or kaiju it will have no effect whatsoever. That's... of questionable value. I guess in the long run you have infinite time to build your stats, but how many years is it going to take gain the kaiju (or whatever) strength this is locking you out of?
>>
>>43869130
Far less useful, due to even regular use leading to >>43869140 but yes, essentially. It's an 'in case of emergency break time' sort of thing, not a casual predictive tool like Coil's power.

Do note that Coil's power may be in the update when Worm finally finishes it.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>43869070
With the Natural Potioneer perk could you eventually recreate the love potion fountain the Ministry was using to research the abstract concept of Love?

We may or may not be researching ways to modify a certain capstone from 8-Bit Theater to run off an isolated supply of Love in order to amplify or replace the universe at large as a supply.

For that matter, which perks or items would be most confusive to creating the gateway leading to the afterlife the Ministry was using to research Death as an abstract concept?

>>43864471
Well, during JC's Avatar we gave the humans perpetual energy machines bound with very, very specific magical geases that would prevent them for being used and seal all knowledge of reverse engineering them for violent purposes.

Eywa didn't know about the latter and after an anonymous source "accidentally" told her about the antimatter reactors started freaking out right up to the point when the humans upped and left, never to return.

Also there was the time we uplifted the bugs on Red Faction and the Vord in Codex Alera, both times because we needed someone to pass butter.

>>43864702
Anywhere we want, eh?

Very well then.

We choose to jump Magic: The Gathering in the pre-Mending era.

And then we share a hearty laugh, because clearly this was a test of character all along

>>43867867
Well, in Dwarf Fortress we tried to build a magnetic space elevator but because of a bad roll it ended up pointing the wrong way on the day it was launched and uh...

...we kinda accidentally cracked open a hole to Hell instead.

Whoops.
>>
>>43869130
>>43869140
>>43869199

Do note that it's explicitly stated in the jump that the purchasable Dragon Break isn't a bonafide Dragon Break so-you don't have to worry about reality breaking.

Wouldn't make sense otherwise, when you think about it-because it would require the assumption that Akatosh is somehow present in every jump. Unless you believe Jump-Chan is Akatosh for some reason.
>>
>>43869210
Love potion fountain? Isn't the room only described as containing research on love? Where are you getting that it's full of love potions? I swear if Rowling said something like that then... I don't know what I'll do but it won't be pretty. The woman already has a pretty whacked idea of what love is, hearing that love potions are literally made of love, or enough of it to be studied as such... That'd be so goddamn dumb I can't adequately express my displeasure with the idea.
>>
>>43869218
It's not a proper dragon break, sure. But it does have severe repercussions if abused.
>>
File: antispirals.jpg (16 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
antispirals.jpg
16 KB, 640x360
>>43869248
Apparently in an interview Rowling said the Love Room where the Ministry's research on love takes place involves a fountain of love potion. Make of that what you will. We just put it down to magic or something.

For what it's worth, Voldemort's mom did meet a pretty depressing end after using a love potion to daterape his dad.
>>
>>43869263
Ah, I missed the "may damage space-time" bit until now. I see the problem alright, although I can't help but think there may be certain circumstances where that might actually be an advantage.

Like say, in a battle with a high-level Stand user. Maybe you REALLY need to dodge King Crimson or something, I dunno.
>>
>>43869286
>Maybe you REALLY need to dodge King Crimson or something, I dunno.
I'd rather take the hit than risk accidentally unwriting myself out of reality, personally. That would just be far too embarrassing.
>>
>>43869286
Anyway seems pretty strong, even if used only once per year, or once per jump even. Do you keep the memories of the other reality?
>>
>>43869315
I asked and received no response. All I know is that the one you remember is the one you liked more.

Since he was just here maybe Cats will see your question and answer it.
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.600.644590.jpg (48 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.600.644590.jpg
48 KB, 405x600
>>43869210
> [...] an isolated supply of Love in order to amplify or replace the universe at large as a supply.
Well that seems like one of the less absurdly horrifying things you specifically could be doing with such an ability, so might I suggest taking "Match Made" from Gravity Falls?
If the Love God is any indication, it allows you to make potions of real, actual love. Not that cheap hormonal crap Harry Potter tends to deal with.
>>
>>43868461
Anywhere you can get a dog that counts as a Companion. Dresden Files, Nintendogs, Scooby Doo, Secret of Evermore...
>>
File: antispiralhumanandhatingit.png (397 KB, 959x626) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhumanandhatingit.png
397 KB, 959x626
>>43869327
>Eh? What is Match Made?
>checking
>mfw tiny wings

That's...yeah, that's going to end with like.

Half our companion roster laughing at us, and the other half facepalming. We are not talking about the ones who start giving us hopeful looks. Ever.

Exactly what makes Gravity Falls love better quality than Harry Potter love, anyway?

Oh hell, why not. Those emotion-nukes aren't going to fuel themselves.

Also come now, you say that like we aren't going to put all this shit in one of the MOST isolated subdimensions we can construct with super double XXXL Dimension Anchors. We've seen what unfettered love can do to a universe, and we are taking even less risks with this stuff than with antimatter.
>>
>>43869130
Coil precog and nothing more.
>>
>>43866973
Given that my Jumper was running around UC Gundam like a Shota version of Asura, I'm going to say it was probably derailed.

Man, those drawbacks were not good for anyone.
>>
>>43869210
I mean it's a fountain and a love potion. Not like you couldn't make that anyway.

This is one of those unfortunate cases of JK Rowling not really thinking during an interview.

There's a bit in the books where Dumbledore mentions they've got love in one of the locked rooms in the department of mysteries, there's another bit in the books where they say that the most powerful love potion actually does not induce real love but obsession. When asked in an interview what would be in the locked love room in the department of mysteries she says a fountain of amortentia, people taking it and other people writing notes.

If we take all of these things to be the case it means that either A) Dumbledore is wrong and they don't actually have love in that room and they're just pissing about with a potion, B) amortentia does induce real love (which is definitely not right as it's a bit of a plot point) or C) that you shouldn't really listen to stuff JK Rowling has said in interviews as she's bad at remembering what she's already written.

Given that A and C are the only two sensible standpoints a love potion fountain would not really get you anywhere in learning about love.
>>
>>43869070
>Harry Potter (1000)

>Half-Blood (900)
>Middle Class (free)
>Pay to choose (850)

>Memory Spell Specialist (800)
>Dedicated (750)
>Occlumency (free)
>Clean Blooded (550)
>Non-Verbal Specialty (450)
>Legilimency (350)
>Care of Magical Creatures (200)
>Natural Potioneer (-100)

>Wand (free)
>Potion Regents (-300)

>Triwizard Champion (-300)
>Prophecy (-200)
>Saving People Thing (0)

Not sure what to say here, I'm always bad at coming up with justifications for my purchases and explaining what my time in-jump is going to be like. I guess I'll try to derail evil plots early on, but knowing my luck they'll probably just end up replaced with something different. Triwizard Tournament is going to be fun though, I just hope I'm able to wrangle the 1000 Galleon reward, if I win, in spite of the trappiness of the whole event.

I took the Saving People Thing drawback because I think I would have ended up doing that anyway, and The Trace was considered as well, but I figured that one sounded like the kind of thing I'd end up screwing up accidentally, and it could come back to bite me really easily, especially if it was combined with the Saving People drawback.

One question for the thread though, I was left with 50 CP left over and decided to use it on choosing my house. Which house is the best? I was actually considering Hufflepuff because it seems like they're all bros, and that seems like a nice environment in which to spend 7 years.
>>
>>43869393
> Exactly what makes Gravity Falls love better quality than Harry Potter love, anyway?
It is canon that Harry Potter love potions create a "false love", which are essentially more in line with obsession and hormones. They're essentially the wizarding world version of a date rape drug -- and are used as such. They also wear off, afterwhich the effected person is generally quite disgruntled.
This was, incidentally, how Tom Riddle was conceived. Turns out his dad may not have been entirely in his right state of mind at the conception.

Gravity Falls love, on the other hand, seems to create real lasting relationships and does not seem to significantly alter a person's personality, other than sudden love and fascination. What's more, it doesn't wear off unless you specifically create and administer a counter potion (which the perk also covers).
By all accounts, the people effected by it are rather happy with the changes.

... I guess it's the difference between light and dark storytelling, really. Harry Potter tries for idealism in the end, but there's a lot in their world that is just plain horrible. Conversely, Gravity Falls has occasional surprise dark shit, but the idealism shines through despite it.
>>
File: Antispiralnope.png (130 KB, 392x279) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralnope.png
130 KB, 392x279
>>43869438
Bother. Oh well, at least there's one thing the old sod's wrong about.

At least that's one thing we know NOT to do. There seems to be even less information on how precisely magical research on Time and Space is conducted. Or what the hell was the deal with that room with the killer brains.
>>
>>43869438
So... >>43869315
>>
>>43869315
Yes.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>43869471
>occasional surprise dark shit

Won't lie: Bill's showing in the Weirdmageddon finale so far has been...unexpectedly formidable.

It's vaguely disheartening to realise judging by how part 2 is shaping up, he's going to be taken down by the power of asspulls/friendship

And hell, Mabel hasn't even really sacrificed anything as much as Dipper after kickstarting the godsdamned apocalypse, and for some reason the episode expects us to route for her
>>
>>43869468
Wait, shit, scratch that build. I just realized I gave myself a discount on Memory Spell Specialist for some stupid reason. Okay, I'll drop choosing my house to get the 50 CP I need, then roll on an rng and go to...

4, so Hufflepuff.

I still want to know which house you guys think is best though.
>>
Question about the Z-Saber do I have to purchase it in Zero to get the charge feature or does it automatically update? More importantly can I import my Buster combo into the Buster Shot Gun so it looks less clunky?
>>
>>43869523
Just went with Slytherin though only because I couldn't pass up the chance to look at the faces of all the purists as the dirty mudblood ends up being the best student Hogwarts has had in centuries. The other houses thinking you're up to no good everytime you try to make friends with them is great too.
>>
>>43869523
Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Both have issues, the former is a house of followers who immediately assume the worst about anyone who isn't in Hufflepuff. The latter has a lot of intellectual snobs and some bullies that essentially abused a young girl. That said, all houses have their up and downsides, it is surprisingly intricate given the whole 'grouped by personality traits' thing.
>>
File: Konata__s_Sleep_by_SHI_92.png (150 KB, 515x322) Image search: [Google]
Konata__s_Sleep_by_SHI_92.png
150 KB, 515x322
>>43869516
But I like asspulls and friendship.

Meh, I look at it like this: Mabel's a stupid kid.
... that's it.

But going into more detail, Mabel doesn't really try to do as much as Dipper? Like, Dipper is constantly trying to solve mysteries and uncover monsters, whose concepts are all heavily tied into the story, so of course he can't WIN because from a storytelling standpoint that would make things start moving way too fast for the endgame. The writers obviously don't want that, so Dipper fails at uncovering mysteries before the next plot point comes along.
Conversely, Mabel usually just tries to meet guys (which every attempt has failed, cuz she's twelve), and then one time she tried to beat Uncle Stan at business and failed miserably. That's about it. Other than that she's mostly pretty happy.
And that's a thing, too, is that Mabel is mostly pretty happy all the time, whereas Dipper is "sweaty and nervous". So even when things don't go well for Mabel she shrugs them off, whereas when things don't go well for Dipper, he doesn't cope as well.
It's a problem with personalities and plot contrivance.

And also because Mabel's a stupid kid who does stupid things. Whereas Dipper is weirdly mature.
I mean, I sure wasn't rooting for Mabel last episode. She was obviously wrong.

... and I kindof expected Dipper to just leave and Mabel to follow out of despair of losing him.
So, wow, points to Dipper for actually convincing her instead.
>>
>>43869523
>I still want to know which house you guys think is best though.

I honestly don't mind what I roll whenever it comes to making a build.

Gryffindor puts you in a great position to hassle the main characters and go along with the plot if you're so inclined.

Slytherin gets you preferential treatment from Snape, and underwater common room and a chance to subvert the culture in it.

Ravenclaws are admittedly a bit boring but at least when you're ridiculously smart it won't be as jarring and it'd mostly be pretty chilled out. Good emblem/colours as well.

Hufflepuff is the comfiest house and the common room is really close to the kitchens. It's also pretty funny for the worlds greatest wizard to come from Hufflepuff.
>>
>>43869574
There's this perk in Zero that lets you do it yourself, not sure if it's 100 or 200. You can get Cerveau to do it for you otherwise, though it might take some time and convincing. Either way, it's doable, the Zero Z-Saber was never meant to be a significant step up.
>>
>>43869574
Not sure what you mean with the second question though, but if you mean importing all your buster perks to your Buster Shot Gun, sure, go ahead.
>>
>>43869663
>>43869671
Alright thanks!
>>
>>43869671
Might I ask if Index jump's going to be made pre-second-to-last compatible any time soon?
>>
>>43869721
Unfortunately, no. It'll happen after I finish Spiral Knights, which is inflating itself into a bigger project than I thought. Index's update will come with imaging it, as well as a serious makeover. I did a once over with it, and was not happy at all. I'll try to get it done before the New Year, and release SK before Christmas. Apologies for the wait, life's not been great recently.

But anyway, will you guys be fine with me revamping Index, and possibly Railgun? I'm definitely not happy with how Index turned out. I won't remove any perks, since I find them all workable, but I do need to update boring descriptions, and change the tone of a few bits of fluff. Working with Red and OAA has changed my perceptions on descriptions, and I do want to improve the work I've done in the past.

That would include clarifying what Malleable Reality does to your Esper powers (more of a buff really), adding a bonus for choosing the Spy capstone in both jumps, updating previously stated limits, and the like. Of course, that's the hard side of the update. The soft side would entail more interesting perk descriptions, better fluff, and more appealing perk lines.

That fine with you guys?
>>
A couple questions about the Thanatos Worm power, do all the kills it makes have to be with it's own abilities?
Can I kill it's target and get the benefit?
Can it use a weapon to get the benefits?
What about ranged weapons or explosives?
>>
>>43869794
Yes to the first question, no to the others
>>
>>43869772
Oh certainly, go ahead. I only asked because ASA apparently thought Index would be going through some sort of change-up last thread.
>>
>>43869772
Sounds great. Would be really interested in that kind of stuff.
>>
>>43869772
Ah-as an addendum, I'd be happy to hear if Malleable Reality and, indeed, the other Esper growth powers for Experiment have any bearing whatsoever on powers from other jump. It always saddened me a bit that most of Experiment's perk line has no real application outside the context of the jump compared to the reletive flexibility afforded to the other perk trees.
>>
>>43869831
Well, erm, that's kind of the intention behind the tree. Trouble is, I don't think I put it across the way I should, like how a lot of people missed the unsavoury bits about said background. Hoping that the update'll help clarify things, mainly with that, Student, and the Spy capstone.

I kind of like the Drop In line myself. It's a bit understated in comparison to the other origins, but that's how I normally do Drop In. That's one thing that won't change much.
>>
Can the artifacts in the TES jumps be found during the jump or they are basically lost if you don't buy it with CP?
>>
>>43869923
Some of the artifacts are actually parts of various deities, so you are trying to drag a piece of a god with you out of the jump. Though some aren't, Staff and Eye of Magnus being items that are likely not actually part of a god.
>>
>>43869923
Er...yes? Yes, they certainly can be found, it's not like Jump-Chan goes and puts cosmic tablecloths on all of them. What gave you that impression, anon?
>>
>>43870005
A lot of jumps have items purchasable for CP that don't canonically exist in-universe. He's probably not familiar enough with Elder Scrolls to know if any of the artifacts are like that.
>>
To anyone who took the Flask Plan data in Medaka Box: What kind of oddball powers have you cooked up with it?
>>
Since I am an ignorant scrub what's so good about Curry in MGS that it cost the same amount of CP as the Fulton Recovery System?

Is it the idea of a MRE being delicious or what?
>>
>>43869923
The dragon cult masks were some of my favorite item from Skyrim. I made a point of collecting them all on my jump.
>>
>>43869923
They can be found but artefacts with a lot of power in TES tend to disappear from time to time so you'd probably lose them eventually unless purchased.
>>
>>43870177
The main character of Peace Walker and his best friend runs an army large enough to be considered a small nation.
He gets recruits by kidnapping them from their friends and home armies, and then holding them in the brig until they decide to join their army, which resides on a series of tiny-ass oil rigs lying of the coast of Cuba.
Despite all this, MSF has a 100% conversion rate for Fultoned persons. Hostages, enemy soldiers, birdwatchers, all eventually join your army despite having families, friends, and a homeland that they're betraying.
MSF Curry is the only brand of curry that is SUPERIOR to freshly-made curry despite being a freeze-dried MRE, and is so delicious that it is a major contributing factor to MSF's 100% conversion rate of whomever they kidnap.
>>
>>43870373
Also, Ocelot and his hypnotism might have a hand in it.
>>
>>43870465
Ocelot wasn't on MSF. He was on Diamond Dogs.
MSF = Kooky Peace Walker Fun Times
Diamond Dogs = Diamonds From Their Asses
>>
>>43870488
True, Ocelot wouldn't have been able to do it in Peace Walker, but that doesn't discount someone else doing it.
>>
>>43870521
But Ocelot only mentions self-hypnosis, never any hypnosis on another person. Venom is an unusual case, since it took 10 years and he was in a medically induced coma the entire time.
Furthermore, if they were hypnotized, they wouldn't be able to desert when morale gets particularly bad.
Besides, back in Peace Walker, Colossal Commander would have had a bad taste in his mouth from seeing Gene's hypnosis back in Portable Ops.
>>
>>43869772
Don't change what any of them do.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.