[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ShadowRun General - /srg/ - Riggers Rigging Rigs Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 060328car22kv.jpg (59 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
060328car22kv.jpg
59 KB, 599x450
Connecting to Shadowlands BBS...
>Verifying Biometrics...
>Identity Verified...
>Opening /srg/...

Books:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

Chummer 5:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest
Issue tracker:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

Last Thread: >>43770218

Thread Question: Carrying on from last thread, which level of enhanced initiative would you consider standard on runners and their opposition?
>>
First for adding a related question.

How much optimization is too much?

Shadowrun rewards specialization above all else. But how much should you sacrifice in favor of getting to a level of competency? It already takes most of your skill points, so that's a given. Do we go for the highest numbers and the biggest dice pools? Do we optimize the shit out of everything?

Because it seems overwhelmingly like all /srg/, /r/shadowrun, and the various forums care about is optimization, sacrificing RP at any turn
>>
>>43803803
In 5e there isn't a hard requirement to get initiative augments to have two IPs, so that's the standard for me.

But I play 4e, sooo getting 2 IPs is a bit more of a tax. Low level rent-a-cops will probably have only poppers and reserve those for open conflict situations (no one wants to do the paperwork to requisition more drugs). It's not til you get to facility-specific security teams that augments should really see a role. Then again, the bloat of 4e chargen also pushes that aside; again, this is where security is supposed to use quantity of personnel in place of supersoldiers.
>>
>>43803803
>which level of enhanced initiative would you consider standard on runners

Depends on their exact role i, the group. Support characters should get enough to make sure they get two initiative passes whatever happens. Those whose job it is to murder the shit out of the opposition should push it further and make sure of a good chance to get three.

>their opposition
This SO dependent on the situation that it's pointless to answer. Even a lousy mall cop can perfectly have a dose of Jazz in his pocket for when SHTF.
>>
>>43803803
Is that a Trabant? Please tell me that's an actual Trabant.
>>
>>43803803
>Carrying on from last thread, which level of enhanced initiative would you consider standard on runners and their opposition?
If the runners are supposed top notch, they better have some big amount of init dice. But, ultimately it's not a big deal.
>>
File: rennpappe-gelb.jpg (81 KB, 700x583) Image search: [Google]
rennpappe-gelb.jpg
81 KB, 700x583
>>43804044
not OP, but I think you're right, definitely "Rennpappe"...
>>
>>43803839
Having an optimized character doesn't reduce the player's ability to roleplay.
>>
>>43803839
>How much optimization is too much?
The point at which you make other party members look stupid.
>>
>>43804213
It kind of does, a perfectly optimized character probably wouldn't have any random skills like Artisan (Cooking) or knowledge of Aztlaner Spanish in a game in Britain, which may make sense for your character to have from an RP perspective but not an optimization one.
>>
>>43804213
>oh I took 1 cha and no social skills since I'm a sam
>I hope it's okay if I can't even roll for etiquette
And before you start shouting Stormwind like a moron, please think about what you're about to say.
>>
>>43804732
That's not optimization, omae, that's being stupid.
>>
>>43804780
Well, actually that's brutal or inelegant optimization.
>>
>>43804919
It can be both.
>>
>>43804919
Which is in and of itself stupid. Literally going full autist is never a good idea, as it can impede your character's ability to complete their designated roll. If a heavily armed and armoured guy autisms out at a border checkpoint and gets himself arrested by KE or whatever, he's not going to be able to rob that bank, is he?
>>
How does /srg/ think a wimp running with skillwires/active hardwires and a personafix act?
>>
>>43805230
>would act
doi
>>
>>43805230
Depends on the personafix.
>>
>>43805262
I can't imagine a personafix being a complete replacement for a personality though.
Not to mention the fact that the wimp has no natural motor skills or learned responses so it's just purely using activesofts and knowsofts.
I feel like there's going to be a lot of gaps between those 3 in behaviour.
>>
File: apex.png (271 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
apex.png
271 KB, 300x418
Spoilers from Shadowrun Dragonfall ahead, and a question:
Is APEX something that exists in the official fluff or just something introduced for the game?
>>
>>43805478
APEX itself, no. (Or maybe in the German 2050 sourcebook)

Crazy A.I.'s like APEX? Definitely!
>>
>>43805478
>>43805513
Spoilers for HK now

How about the Yama Kings? I liked the Yama Kings. I'm not sure I liked the plot surrounding them, but as a final villain in a dead man's switch 2.0 plot, they were way better than bugs.
>>
>>43805784
On that note I really like how HK required you to do your own research and shit with qt talismonger if you wanted the "good" ending.
>>
>>43805784
>>43805808
There's nothing called the Yama Kings, but there are the Horrors, which the guys behind HK didn't have the rights to. (Neither do the guys behind base Shadowrun for that matter.)
But yeah, they're kinda a thing.
>>
I'm making a medic character with a small amount of Bio-tech, I got the electrical discharge as mostly a defensive thing, but would I also be able to use t as a defibrillator or something? It can do 8 stun damage at once which I believe would be more than enough to try and jumpstart a heart, but I'm wondering if there is any kind of thing written out for this, a rule or something that I might have overlooked.
>>
>>43806279
There's nothing in the rules about it, but I'd work with the GM to see if he'll allow it. Nothing gamebreaking about it, it's really just a neat character thing.
>>
>>43806706
I'd go for it, but a defib alone wouldn't do much. Grab a medkit as well (which I assume you're gonna do) and you could easily make it a fluff thing.
>>
>>43806279
Defib only helps with fibrillation, it won't help you restart a stopped heart.
>>
>>43806922
I already have a med kit(about 3 of them in different areas with different ratings)
>>43806974
and while I know that it won't save someone, I didn't quite think that it would need to be completely realistic with how it would work, I thought with all these different nano bots and stuff, and the "improvised medical tools" from bullets and bandages that this could work fairly well, unless keeping a character from dying is fairly rare
I've never actually played Shadowrun before and this character is for my first game
>>
>>43806974
I found that amphetamines, epinephrine, a wee bit of crystal meth loaded into a syringe delivered into the heart can start a stopped heart
>>
>>43807387
The crystal meth doesn't really sound necessary
>>
>>43807478
its more of a courtesy really

its gunna pep you up and keep you from feeling huge amounts of pain. as when blood slows down it feels like your entire body is numb. thousand needles of pain.
>>
File: 1446053570306.jpg (328 KB, 1529x900) Image search: [Google]
1446053570306.jpg
328 KB, 1529x900
Bump.

So, looking at the speed stats for vehicles and drones, roto-drones have the same speed as the Harley does. I now want to make a rigger with folding roto-drones in place of the saddlebags and make them into a combat biker (the skills, not the sport)...
>>
Fellow GMs, have you ever had a perfect storm of Shadowrunners and what did you do?

I've got a group with 5 people, each has 11-14 dice for their signature role, the mage has high assense, the adept has combat sense and high perception, the decker has enough edge to get at least 4 on every roll that matters, and the sammi has on average 3 initiative passes.

Throw this together with veteran roleplayers playing blacktrench coat but going after thugs and mafia, staying far away from AAA corps.

I am running out of ways to make 'massively outnumbered' and 'those three are prime gangers' fun.
>>
>>43804732
You can roll. You just need to control your social modifiers to do so.
>>
>>43809556
Remote control swarming while gunning from the vehicle?
>>
>>43810770
Who doesn't want a Harley with twin mounted Ares Alphas?
>>
>>43809556
What, so like the rotodrones let your bike fly or something?
>>
>>43810947
No, so I can deploy them and have them fly alongside. Same top speed, I control the Alphas on the bike facing forward while drones engage the side and back.
>>
>>43811040
Oh, ok. That is much less cool.
>>
>>43811371
It's fucking Option from Gradius
Or Exceed Orbit from Armored Core
That's super cool
>>
>>43811398
Not the other anon, it's okay but it's quite a bit less cool.
>>
>>43811398
I guess, but not flying motorbike cool.
>>
Not the guy same guy, but one of my players (the decker) wants to make his motorcycle fly.
Is there any way to do this in 5e?
I don't need it to be some kind of VTOL hovercraft or whatever, or street legal or anything of the sort.
Just: can this be done, and if so, how?

I'm willing to look through previous editions and adapt something that exists, or even make something up, but I kind of feel there's no real way to make it work.

Note: in my version of the game (if it matters) virtually every car in the Greater Frankfurt sprawl is electric.
>>
>>43811482
4e had the Lighter Than Air modification, but that essentially turns you into a blimp. Not very romantic.
>>
>>43811507

How would this work, though? I mean, it is a motorbike. Would he just have a couple of compartments to the side with folding air tight bags?
Actually, I'm presuming the book tells you?
Is it in Core of a different book?
>>
>>43811559
Arsenal
>>
Hi, i am a newfag to this game. I heard that Shadowrun is set the same universe as Earthdawn. Is this true? Or has it been retconned? does /srg/ have a particular opinion on this?
>>
>>43811791
It's true, but since CGL doesn't have the license to use Earthdawn materials, it's retconned. It's dumb but probably for the better since CGL would just rape Earthdawn lore.
>>
>>43811879
There's nothing to rape, Earthdawn lore was a cancerous tumor in Shadowrun. I'm glad they cut it out.
>>
>>43811482
Fuck if I know. I'd rivet rotodrones to the side and call it a day.
>>43811596
He's in 5e.
>>43811898
Yeah, we're so much better off now that the azzie cult has no real reason to exist.
>>
>>43811898
Harlequin is still around :^)
>>
>>43811924
He also mentioned being willing to look through previous editions.
>>
>>43811898
>Earthdawn lore was a cancerous tumor in Shadowrun
Why?
>>
File: arsenal-double-barrel-pistol-xl.jpg (320 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
arsenal-double-barrel-pistol-xl.jpg
320 KB, 960x640
Would using these count as a Distinctive Style?

Also, would you stat them differently from any other heavy pistol?
>>
>>43812367
I don't think so.
A distinctive style is more a gigantic neon afro.
Or two cyberarms modified with useless gears and steam vents.
>>
>>43805289
Again, depends on the personafix. They range in strength from mild uppers that get you through the day to rewrite-your-personality-completely in strength.
>>43812367
You could get by with Signature, but there's no way it qualifies for Distinctive Style unless you walk up to everyone you meet, passive-aggressively explaining that the double-fire action leads to increased efficiency compared to the loss in accuracy from the shitty ergonomics.

Fun fact, those are legally speaking a machinegun.
>>
>>43812367
DS no. Distinctive Style is distinctive at all times, in and out of battle, it can't be turned off, or concealed or taken off. I guess if you go waving around your guns everywhere like a jackass (AND they're easily recognizable, maybe modded in a flashy way) you could make a case but you can't conceal them anymore. Shooting them is no longer necessary (you can still do it), they also don't need to be loaded, or modded beyond what makes them distinctive. They're a glorified fashion statement now.

For a quality about killing in a specific way look at Signature. I wouldn't allow an uncommon gun for Signature since it's still not "unique" enough, but maybe you could convince your GM?
>>
>>43811971
See >>43811927

Also, the Horrors are extremely generic faux-Lovecraft creatures and the setting works fine without them.
>>
>>43812604
Is Harlequin shit or something?
>>
>>43812784
Very. We had a little discussion on him and Frosty a few threads back, if you'd care to look.
>>
>>43812784
You know how back in the 90s, RPG companies did big plot things by having big plot characters do big plot stuff around the lowly player characters, who would of course all be super impressed that a 24 year old mage who'd initiated 9 times was deigning to share a table with them? Harlequin and Frosty are pretty much the worst examples of that in the fluff.
>>
>>43813042
>>43812857
So frosty is the illegitimate daughter of Ehran right?
And if Earthdawn is no longer canon, where do the dragons and the likes of Harlequin and Ehran come from?
>>
>>43813042

Well, strictly speaking, Harlequin is ancient.
Frosty is who you're describing.

>>43812784
The deal with Harlequin is that he's a powerful NPC, but stupid powerful, a degree to which the rules actually don't let you even aspire to be. So instead of being an impressive character, he comes off as a ridiculous walking plot device that the devs thought was cool.
>>
>>43813131
The numbers-filed-off 4th age that is noth Earthdawn at all we swear please don't sue us.
>>
>>43813136
Worse, he's a walking plot device that you're supposed to not-exactly hate. He isn't just supposed to be kind of a one-dimensional massive dick like the Dragons or the other Immortal Elves.
>>
File: 1439441743005.jpg (260 KB, 624x800) Image search: [Google]
1439441743005.jpg
260 KB, 624x800
Related to thread direction, what fun ways/fan theories do you use to get around shitty Earthdawn stuff?

I like my semi-canon workaround for Dunkelzahn. He was assassinated by forces unknown (potentially Black Lodge, afraid of the precedent of a demagogue dragon with public office) using a special alchemical weapon, but his own security protocols allowed him to astrally project away from his body before his mind was destroyed. He still took a beating, but the magical nature of dragons allowed him to live on as something similar to a free spirit, supported by rituals carried out by the Children of the Dragon, The Draco Foundation, and other agents.

Eliohann drove himself crazy when he installed the datajack; pure technology and magic aren't supposed to mesh like that, and his mind died during Crash 2.0. Cerberus is just a mish-mash of brainwaves, recorded and stored in some host/Resonance Realm, that thinks it's Eliohann but isn't him so much as a distorted echo. Celedyr kept the body going out of the misguided belief that the real Eliohann might be restored one day, and Big D supported that belief from beyond the grave because it meant that there was a living draconic body in the world that, given the right magic, he might be able to bond his spirit to and live again.

I'm pleased with how well it fits into what happened in Lockdown; might need some tweaking when the full details come out, but it's not a bad fit at the moment.
>>
How were the ages before the 4th one? How is life for whites in new Indian territory? What happened to Israel?

Sorry for the spew of random questions.
>>
>>43813245

Life for whites ranges from basically assimilated to literally living on reservations within Indian land (or squatting illegally) for a plethora of reasons, Israel still exists and is very paranoid in light of recent developments. I don't remember the answer to the first question.
>>
>>43813245
>Ages before 4
We don't know what you're talking about, stop asking, we don't want to get sued. Love, CGL
but there's no info out there, because who the fuck cares

>Whites in tribal lands
Mostly shitty, depending on where you are. In Sioux lands, you had to go to reservations, like Butte. In some of the others, they had reservations but have since taken them down. In one I know they allowed white people to form a tribe and actually exist as full citizens (Algonkians, IIRC).

>Israel
No idea. They nuked Libya, evacuated Jerusalem when it got 2spooky, and that's about it.
>>
>>43813312
>Life for whites ranges from basically assimilated to literally living on reservations within Indian land (or squatting illegally) for a plethora of reasons
But don't whites outnumber natives by 100-1? Or did a huge amount of whites move east?
>>
>>43813245
In the PCC, Mormons have full tribal membership as a pinkskin tribe. The Tsimshian (and formerly the Ute) oppress even other minority tribes. It varies between both.

Also at some point chicanos went from being considered mixed to whites in the south when relations with Aztlan went to shit.
>>
>>43813131
4th Age still happened, it just wasn't necessarily Earthdawn.
>>43813180
My players are convinced that technomancers have a shard of Deus's identity in their brains, I didn't do much to encourage that idea though.
>>43813245
Unknown, fairly terrible, Israel and Palestine make up after Arafat dies in 2004 then they go all buddy cop in 2045's Euro Wars. Jerusalem keeps getting filled up with spooky ghosts so now the UN owns it.
>>43813345
Everyone ineligible for NAN citizenship was supposed to be emigrated, but mostly they live in integrated reservations.
>>
>>43813345

First of all, there's white and there's "white". Provable ancestry is more important than complexion in practice, and some NaN have a saying that "anglo is a state of mind". So there are plenty of people of fair complexion who are counted as native, but overall the answer is "it depends".
>>
>>43813345
No one who has ever written any canon Shadowrun document can into demographics. Basically they say, "There was probably more natives than in our timeline to start, then VITAS wiped out a bunch of white people but the reservations were segregated and safe, stop asking hard questions."

Most whites were forcably migrated after the Treaty of Denver, though some are still around. In Athabaska, natives are 22% of the population (Sixth World Almanac) but as white people can't hold public office or vote, it's a moot point.
>>
>>43813312
>>43813326
>>43813377
>>43813400
>>43813415
>>43813417
Thanks guys.
>>
File: Sioux Sue.png (409 KB, 407x572) Image search: [Google]
Sioux Sue.png
409 KB, 407x572
>>43813415
Don't forget that 'anglo' covers literally everyone who isn't native. Black people, Asians, even Australian Aborigines, everyone's an Anglo who didn't come over in the last Ice Age.

People forget that it's all super racist in like 70% of North America now, not based on metatype but basic skin colour.
>>
>>43813345
Okay, real world demographics talk for a sec

The native population of the US, not including indios from Mexico, is about 2% of the overall US population, most of that 2% is west of the Mississippi, this is only registered indians. Canada has even higher proportions because in addition to beng 10% straight up natives, something like a quarter of the population is mixed. What also happens to be west of the Mississippi is less than 2/3 the population of the US, meaning that the west, put together, is closer to 5-10% native in most states.

The NAN don't include Tucson, don't include Seattle-Tacoma, don't include Oregon, and don't include any of the states immediately west of the Mississippi. Basically these are states where not only is the native population high before the demographic disaster of VITAS, it's also got high mixed populations, and it's also mostly empty land almost nobody lives in to begin with.

The main anomaly for the NAN is honestly Phoenix, LA and san Diego.
>>
>>43813345

I kept thinking "what the fuck, how do the Caucasians outnumber fucking Indians, are you high?".

Only now do I realize you don't mean actual India.
>>
File: Sioux.png (1 MB, 1079x733) Image search: [Google]
Sioux.png
1 MB, 1079x733
>>43813463
>Canada has even higher proportions because in addition to beng 10% straight up natives, something like a quarter of the population is mixed.

Source on that for sure. StatCan has natives at about 4% of the population, and I have no idea what you're counting as 'mixed'. It's not Metis, and that 4% covers everyone who identifies as Aboriginal in any sense, not just Registered Indians living on reservations.

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-011-x/99-011-x2011001-eng.cfm
>>
>>43813463
Oh yeah
fwiw, I don't disagree that some of the NAN fluff is retarded as fuck.

They had the Mikmaqs of PEI trying to have a rebellion. Problem is they're a tiny, insignificant as fuck minority whereas in NB you could easily bolster Mikmaq numbers with Acadians if you really wanted a NAN exclave on the east coast and they're already a reasonable presence on their own.
>>
>>43813531

That dude's wrong (at least if using real world metrics).
Canada is 4.3% aboriginals.
There's about one and a half million of them.
>>
>>43813531
The main recognized Metis org only counts people who still speak Michif as metis, and gets incredibly pissy when people like the Inuit-Metis mention that they do exist (and a number of Quebec based FN only got recognition recently because they were considered fully french due to the way parish records used to be based more on whether the person was sedentary or not before the Indian act).
>>
>>43813582
Yeah, I'm sitting here in Canada thinking, "This guy has never even looked around the streets of a Canadian city, has he? Fuck, go out to Nowhere, Alberta and you still won't find 10% native. Unless you're hanging out in Nunavut, you're never getting to those kinds of numbers."
>>
>>43813610
Good thing the stats in >>43813531 come directly from self-reporting in a household survey, then. No gatekeepers but your own blinding whiteness.
>>
>>43813572
>They had the Mikmaqs of PEI trying to have a rebellion
wut. Theirs not much more than 1000 Mikmaqs on the island.
Also, what happened to the rest of the Maritimes?
>>
>>43813691
Joined the UCAS, because what else would they do (except for Newfoundland, because Labrador joined Quebec and honestly I think everyone forgot about Newfoundland until the deal was signed).

Dragon cultists live in Big D's old house on PEI, though. So there's that.
I have no evidence, but I assume Dunkelzahn loved Anne of Green Gables
>>
>>43813769

Do you think the dragon cultists will ever actually, y'know, do anything?
>>
>>43813400
>Israel and Palestine make up
I am playing a game with dragons and cyborgs and this still hurt my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>43813808
I like them as is. They've got money, sponsors, a crazy vision, and absolutely nothing to fill their time with other than bit insanity. You can do a lot with people like that.
>>
>>43813986

I mean... I'd join. But they just don't seem terribly fleshed out.
>>
I like to pretend there's a dragon cult sect in DIMR, not really connected to any power structure within it, just around. They have small shrines in people's homes to DZ and think Daviar is a sort of Apostle.
They don't do anything, mind, but just have this cooky religion and sometimes write weird slash fic.
>>
>>43811418
>>43811371
>>43811430

Well, with my GM being brand new to Shadowrun, I don't want to give them TOO much complicated shit to deal with.
>>
>>43814150

Dunkelzahn/Ghostwalker WINcest
>>
>>43814088
I'd like it if they gave a bit more info in some splat, but I like them as a loosely defined, New Age cult, with sects forming wherever someone has a high enough Social limit to convince people that dragons ought to be worshiped, and moving out from there with their own made-up theology.

Does the 'official' Cult of the Dragon have a bible, or church hierarchy, or anything like that?
>>
What is Equinox?
>>
>>43814262

You mean this?
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Equinox
>>
>>43814316
Don't spoon-feed faggots who can't be bothered to type 'Shadowrun Equinox' into Google.
>>
>>43814336

B-but spoon-feeding grown gay men in diapers is my fetish?
>>
>>43814355
Dammit, /d/, I know you're mad about /aco/, but that doesn't mean you can move back in. You get smut threads on the weekend, but it's not OK for you to deal with the newfags all the time, it sends the wrong message.
>>
>>43814336
I did look it up, but i didn't find much other than 6 year old forum posts.
>>
Okay, I've got an idea bouncing around in my head, and I require opinions. First, question: is it bad if I play idealists[/spoilers]?

As for the actual character:
>Mage, priority A/B magic (undecided)
>Primarily illusion/manipulation spells; shape (material), trid phantasm, control thoughts, etc.
>Tradition: Chaos magic
>Believes that they're a lucid dreamer in a long-term dream, maybe someone in a coma or otherwise long-term, and their "initiation", learning spells, etc. is them learning more of how their dreams work
>They aren't actually any of the above, they're just mentally ill and convinced themselves that it's how their magic works
>Antipathy quality, maybe, to reflect how they just see other people as figments of their dreams
>>
>>43814391
Look, I'm masturbating to this thread and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

To get back on topic, though, I've been thinking about rewards in SR.
I want my players to do all sort of cool shit, get themselves fucked up looking from extensive chrome and bioware, you know, I want them to really do lots of shit.

I know this is not how it's supposed to go, but we're all super new and I want them to really have access to basically anything in a fairly short amount of time.

This is 5th ed, and I've been giving them the recommended Karma/Nuyen rewards they say in the book, but I kind of notice an issue here. A short shoot out with someone that has Automatics 15 is going to pay just as much as a long and grueling job that ends with killing that same NPC. And, I don't know, that doesn't really seem right?
How do you guys do it?
>>
>>43814553
I have no idea why the entire thing just went spoilers. Took me a few tries to even get the connection to let me post, must have left the tag open.
>>
File: Screenshot (28).png (111 KB, 779x755) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (28).png
111 KB, 779x755
>>43814487
You're either a liar or an idiot. Literally the second link is the one that the other anon gave you, which is a full summation of what Equinox is.

Heck, even those forum threads give you the gist.
>>
>>43814553
>>43814582

Well, the main issue is you're playing someone who doesn't think anyone else is real. Now, this *doesn't* mean you have to be a sadistic sociopath, but it does mean you can pretty much ignore any sort of moral or ethical dilemma by shrugging it off, without it actually having an effect on your character.
It's a really short jump from "none of this is real" to "you're all here for my amusement" and then Blood Magic.
>>
>>43814553
So what exactly is 'idealistic' about this character? There's nothing wrong with playing an idealist in SR (it sure beats the fuck out of a grim, by the numbers mercenary), but someone who thinks they are in a dream doesn't seem to be working for any kind of ideal.

Unless 'Idealists' is some movie about magic dream people.
>>
>>43814579
If you want them to have cool stuff, start them as Prime Runners and give them a bunch of expensive jobs.

And jobs aren't created equal; if you're expected to track down someone who is well hidden, then kill them, a runner would expect more money than just rolling up on Jimmy's house and shooting him. If you give the runners complex jobs, give them complex rewards, with plenty of money and karma for certain bonus objectives they hit on the way.
>>
File: 1439430191208.jpg (139 KB, 455x640) Image search: [Google]
1439430191208.jpg
139 KB, 455x640
What happened to Mt. Shasta, and Hestaby in general? She had a pretty good setup, with a 300-man strong shaman force, some dedicated otaku/technomancers, and a bunch of north California refugees to fill mundane roles, not to mention the Awakened redwood forest. But a lot of the post-Dragon Civil War stuff makes her into almost a non-entity.
>>
>>43814891

I heard that something happened to Hestaby, like she died or was banished or left willingly somewhere for some kind of crime.
>>
>>43814942

She revealed secret dragon information. Pretty sure she's not dead, at least it wasn't part of the punishment.
>>
File: undertalefloweyavi.jpg (70 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
undertalefloweyavi.jpg
70 KB, 400x400
>>43814553
They seem less idealistic and more "person playing a permadeath video game."
>>
>>43814637
The idealism question was unrelated, I just didn't feel like posting separately. I've got neo-anarchist characters and the like. Just wanted to see how other people feel about them. >>43815067
Grillby is my fire spirit. I'm coming off an Undertale binge, and a lot of that is probably underlying still.
>>43814630
Eh, I'm not personally capable of having THAT much disregard for other people. Plus, push things too out of line, and the dream police will get you. /inception
>>
>>43815160

Eh, I'm just saying, one of the more popular sociopath traits shown in the media is an extreme form of narcissism and egomania that literally makes them think they created the world around them and are no arbitrarily limiting themselves for "a challange" or something.
>>
>>43815160
>Eh, I'm not personally capable of having THAT much disregard for other people.
They're fictional, who cares?
Or to your character: They're just a dream, who cares?
>>
I remember back when I played shadowrun I had this rigger that built this game-breaking killdozer that had 23 armor or something absurd in that it was basically indestructible.

So the GM had my PC become a sort of unwanted local underworld celebrity with all these other riggers and street sams ambushing the vehicle with rockets and assault cannons for fun. Including one encounter with a pair of dump trucks and a crew with a plasma torch. They all had to see if they could destroy my ride.

One of my first early lessons about a munchkin gaming style.
>>
>>43815219
I care, anon. People as we see them are reflections of your own inner self. The people you hate are just reflections of your own defects in your moral or psychological character. People you like? They're what you like in yourself, made manifest.

Did I ever make a distinction there between real or fake, whether in terms of dreams or in terms of characters in a story?

But hey, I've got semi-fringe beliefs. I just can't hate someone, even fictional.
>>
Does Adept Spell work on Chummer yet? Failing that, is there a way to manually add spells to a character?
>>
>>43813460
I must be the only one who kinda likes the UCAS Flag, even if it looks more like a piece of bunting than an actual flag.
>>
>>43814209
They didn't call him the Big D for nothing.
>>
>>43815282
>Only 23 armor
>>
>>43815307
>The people you hate are just reflections of your own defects in your moral or psychological character.
So wait, my inner defect is thinking minorities should be round up in death camps? Cuz let me tell you, I sure do hate Trump.
>>43815354
You're the only one.
>>
What's the cost on biolimbs, I can't seem to find them.
>>
>>43815448

Don't forget, you're also Hitler. Every serial killer.
Nice people too, I guess.
>>
>>43815343
Nope. Technically speaking you could make a custom improvement, but I think it doesn't work very well. There's a reason I haven't fixed it yet.
>>
>>43815483

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyY7Yvx2PYA
>>
>>43815448
>>43815483
On a more personal scale, ya dunces. Jerry from Accounting, not Joseph Stalin. It's person to person interactions.
>>
>>43815448
>Actually hating a human being
Betrayer.
>>
>>43806201
This is way late, but the Yama Kings are totally a thing. I don't remember if they were mentioned before 4e Runner Havens, but they're making the whole "Hell on Earth" aspects of Walled City even worse than they would otherwise be and they're the reason bug spirits can't take root in Walled City. Basically, what they're doing in HK is exactly what they're doing in the TRPG.
>>
>>43815577
>not being a Free Spirit of Man who spends his time shitposting on a Singaporean Silk Worm image board
>>
File: Jerry.gif (4 KB, 190x93) Image search: [Google]
Jerry.gif
4 KB, 190x93
>>43815547
Jerry wants to round up minorities and put them in camps too, he just doesn't have the power to make his dream a reality.
>>
I might be joining a Shadowrun game, my first, and I was really hoping I could get some feedback on my guy. Some important notes:

The game is set in Amazonia, hence portugese
I think we're upposed to start from the ground up. We're doing priority to Street Level priority, and I don't think we're supposed to have SINs, even fake ones.
I don't know exactly what everyone else is playing, but I was envisioning him as a stealth specialist, with a little dabbling in a lot of other skills - demolitions, face, driving, etc. Someone who'll be useful in just about an situation.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
>>
File: viper.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
viper.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43815800
Ha, I'm an idiot who forgets to attach character sheets.
>>
File: typical night in a SURGE club.png (325 KB, 850x564) Image search: [Google]
typical night in a SURGE club.png
325 KB, 850x564
So how do people handle it when their players just go into realms you never even considered as the GM?

I love my players, but their elaborate plans go so outside of the box sometimes I can barely keep up. Basically I consider myself a good GM, but I've never been the best adlibber, I typically get by by just over preparing, this is quite frankly not working as there is too much.

Does anyone have any advise on this?

Picture vaguely related.
>>
>>43815760
But does he have the determination?
>>
>>43815760
My god I hate undertale
>>
>>43815884
Example?
>>
>>43815980
Well no, he's a monster and he's not my waifu.
>>43816013
Why? Is it one of those hipster "I hate it because people like it" things?
>>
What's the most absolutely average Shadowrunner one can make?
>>
>>43816078
Street Samurai razorboy.
>>
>>43815820
Your strength is your lack of weaknesses and your weakness is your lack of strengths. So basically all you have is a weakness.

You're playing in Amazonia, but your specialized to urban sneaking.
You plan to be a shooter, as you have dumped alot of points into both pistols and automatics, pick one and use the other as a back up.
You have two weapons with smartguns, but you don't have cyber eyes or anything else that will actually let you utilize it fully.
Throw Hacking in the trash.
Drop your clubs down.
You obviously have previously played DnD as the amount of weight you have on Perception, scale that down a little.
You're not going to be a face, take a point in Con, Etiquette, and Negotiate (Intimidate if you're feeling frisky) toss out the rest.
I don't love Software, but it's never come up in our games.
Get some glasses or something.
>>
>>43816074
Sorry, I expressed myself poorly. I don't think the game is bad, I just hate the fans, because they keep inserting the game into literally everything. They're like miniature ponyfags.
And /utg/ is pretty magically autistic but that's another story.
>>
>>43816078
Former bunraku razorgirl
Dumb smash stuff ork
Dumb heavy weapons troll
Aloof elf mage
0.1 essence street sam
Uncouth decker that stays in the van
>>
>>43816078
3 Attributes across the board.
One skill point in every skill available to you.
Aspected magician, to be the absolute average between usable mages and mundanes.
Use machine pistols, since they blend both of the main viable classes of weapons together. Or a Roomsweeper if you want to be the "average" between Pistols and Longarms, or an EBR for Longarms and Automatics.
Everyone has a datajack, so get a datajack. Figure out how common other ware is and take the most common ones.

Congratulations, you're the definition of average and absolutely useless.
>>
>>43816122
I agree, the game seems fine, but the amount of fan wanking completely kills my interest in it.
>>
So what sort of things can you fill a cybertorso with in 5e? I've got rating 3 armor, but not sure what else to add.
>>
Uhhhhh
Cyberdicks?
I don't feel Torsos are mechanically worth their huge essence cost
>>
>>43816155
I don't think there IS much good to put in a cybertorso, family
>>
>>43816132
Well, that's no good. How does one be useful, then? Does one have to make an entire gang of runners and use the one that fills the hole in the group?
>>
>>43816122
I will fully admit the fandom is terrible (and contains a disturbingly large amount of furries).
>>
>>43816030
Ugh, specific examples are difficult but the most recent one was them hiring a gang to create general mayhem, then knocking out a power substation so that the local KE station would be off balance. They then proceeeded to rob the bank that was their target by forcing the manager to open the vault because they had kidnapped her daughter.

How do I plan for this shit?
>>
>>43816213

You talk to your group to find where their competences will be and/or establish which specialties you'd like to play, and find a happy setup for everyone.
>>
File: buttonsmcboomboom.jpg (22 KB, 350x269) Image search: [Google]
buttonsmcboomboom.jpg
22 KB, 350x269
>>43816155
Obvious answer.
>>
File: g2072c.jpg (755 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
g2072c.jpg
755 KB, 750x1000
>>43816185
>>43816198
Well that's too bad. Junkyard Jaw fits so you could make pic related, but that'd be impractical to say the least.
>>
>>43816262
Also, fairly visibly illegal, if you care about such things.
>>
>>43816097
Thanks for the help.
>You're playing in Amazonia, but your specialized to urban sneaking.
I think (but not sure) we're going to be mostly center in some city, I'd assume Metropole, since our campaign description talks a lot about making a living and breaking out of the slums. That sound urban to me, but I'll kill the specialization anyway.
>You plan to be a shooter, as you have dumped alot of points into both pistols and automatics, pick one and use the other as a back up.
Alright. I'm planning on packing lightly for stealth, with the SMG being the closest thing I have to a panic button. I'll drop the automatics skill down, and focus more on pistols.
>You have two weapons with smartguns, but you don't have cyber eyes or anything else that will actually let you utilize it fully.
I must be confused. I thought, so long as you have a DNI, you don't need an image link or anything to take advantage of AR and smart guns and stuff. If I'm mistaken, I'll fix that.
>You obviously have previously played DnD as the amount of weight you have on Perception, scale that down a little.
Pathfinder actually, but I swear I'm getting better! I'll drop it down.
>Throw Hacking in the trash.
>Drop your clubs down.
>You're not going to be a face, take a point in Con, Etiquette, and Negotiate (Intimidate if you're feeling frisky) toss out the rest.
Roger. I suppose hacking is useless without a deck. What do you suggest putting these now-free skill points into?
>I don't love Software, but it's never come up in our games.
Software and Hardware we're just tagged along from taking the Electronics skill group.
>Get some glasses or something.
If a DNI doesn't handle all that for me, I'll definitely do this.

Thanks again for your help, really appreciate it.
>>
>>43816243

Pretty easy, actually.
For one, they'd have to talk to you about doing the research, so you'll know right off the bat what they're going to hit.
Then they'd have to research the bank's security system. I'm assuming they didn't just rob it of cash, as that's not really viable. Banks don't just keep cash on hand.
The Vault should be designed to open under specific circumstances at certain times and there ought to be a remote override in case any sort of disturbance is reported in the area.
Knocking out the power will just mean the civilians are blacked out. KE, hospitals, corps in general will have back up generators. This wouldn't impact the Matrix much.
The local gangers are just a bunch of punks with no backbone, the second things get hairy, like one of them goes down, they all bolt.

If worked together, these are decent distractions for law enforcement so they can hit a target farther away, but they actually don't affect things much.
>>
>>43816594

And this is ignoring the fact that the daughter of someone with that kind of access is probably restricted on where she can go, likely has a data trail that is monitored and her disappearance would tip off the corp in question.
I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but that manager threw away everything they had when they cooperated with the runners. Sure, it's a price worth paying to get the daughter back, but it's more likely they'd tell the corp who would then arrange for an ambush to steal their own funds, have insurance cover them and also get the runners. Realistically they'd also try to get the daughter back, and threats of "Tell us or we ice you" are far more persuasive from someone who actually doesn't have much of an investment in the hostage.
>>
File: On-Any-Sunday-2014-2.jpg (575 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
On-Any-Sunday-2014-2.jpg
575 KB, 1280x960
>>43816443
When I think of an Amazonia campaign I can't imagine it set anywhere other than the jungle, otherwise if you want to be in the slums just start in the barrens.
As far as I know even with DNI you need something to parse it, IE Cybereyes or Glasses with imagelink or whatever.
No ones ragging on you for playing DnD. But a very common conception is Perception is literally the best skill in the game (which it is in DnD to be fair.)
If you're planning to infiltrate still have Hardware as it is used to disable alarms.

As for what else to spend skill points on? Boost up a few things.

Or consider swapping A Attributes, B Skills. (though I can't quite figure out what priorities you took)

Also, consider getting an off road bike rather than a full on motorcycle, in my mind it fits with the sorta shitty areas you'll be in.

And as what comes up with every character with a motorcycle, get a helmet because pic related.
>>
>>43816705

I dunno man, Perception, meat or Matrix, is a pretty big deal if you want to notice tails, ambushes and hidden security measures.
>>
>>43816888
You're not wrong. But 6 ranks at character creation? Seems like overkill to me.
>>
>>43816705
Perception is god stat. "Oh shit I'm being tailed","Oh hey, there's that mcguffin","There's that slitch in the crowd that stole my wallet!"
>>43816913
Total pool of 10 qualifies him as 'Decently okay at what he does'. It's not the most efficient use of points that ever existed, but there are worse ways to spend your skils.
>>
I'm thinking of running 5E Missions as a first-time GM for some friends. Is this a good idea or a horrible idea?
>>
>>43816975
I don't really care for Chicago as a missions location, but it does the job well enough.
>>
>>43816975
It's okay. I'd read them over first, some are god awful.
>>
>>43817046
Which ones would those be?
>>
>>43816443
You need either Cybereyes with a smartlink or a Smartlink implant to get the max bonus.

All DNI allows you to do is think commands at (your comlink that transfer them to) the device instead of shouting/pressing buttons.
>>
>>43816705
>>43816888
>>43816913
>>43816955
>>43818173

This has all been super helpful.

I'm going to keep the racing bike for now, but I'll be sure to ask the GM if this is more of an urban-focused game, or if we'll be spending a lot of time in the wilderness. She's also fairly new to Shadowrun, so I 'm expecting it to be fairly standard, but it never hurts to ask.

Cybereyes are a little out of my price range right now, so I'll grab glasses and some earbuds. Thanks for catching me on this.

I took Metatype D, Attributes B, Special E,Skills A, Resources C. I'll look into swapping Attributes and Skills. If I have a bunch of skill points left over, that could really go a long way.

I think I might want to keep perception at 6. Even if it's not a god stat like 3.PF, it seems like the most efficient allocation. It's 1 skillpoint, whatever the rank at char creation, but it'll cost way more Karma to boost it up later.

I'll look into swapping some things around, and probably put up a revised sheet some time tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help. You guys are great.
>>
>>43819094

FYI, you don't need cybereyes to get a smartlink in your eyes. In other words, you can spend the 4000 nuyen on the smartlink implant without first buying the 4000(+) nuyen cybereyes. The implant goes into your meat eyes, and all is well.
>>
>>43819152
True, but sticking it in a pair of goggles for a little over 2k seems like a much better option in my character's financial straits. I think I need to cut corners anywhere I can, unless there's a pressing reason for the cyber eyes. Is the extra +1 die pool modifier worth the extra 2k?
>>
>>43819227

An extra die on a skill that you were already maxing out is a very big deal - look at the karma expense to get from 6 ranks to 7.

Compared to that, 2k is a huge bargain.
>>
>>43819300
Fair enough, which actually leads into a question I had - Is essence expended on getting the implant, or is it based on the cyber/bioware you have installed? Like, if you have a synthetic foot, that's 0.25 essence gone. What happens if you then lose the rest of the leg? Is it now 1 essence loss because that's what you have installed, or 1.25 because you lost the foot first. It stacking makes less and less sense now that I'm writing it out as a question, but I want to be sure.
>>
>>43819364
As a followup to that question, can you "undo" essence loss? Say, if you had an image link and a smart link implanted into your eyes (A total of 0.3 essence), would replacing them both basic cybereyes (0.2 essence) get that 0.1 point of essence back?
>>
>>43819376
Not without VERY expensive gene therapies. If you pull a bit of cyberware out of your body, it leaves an Essence hole. Additional cyberware will take up that hole first, then subtract additional Essence to make up the difference.
>>
>>43819406
Aah, that makes sense. Thank so much for putting up with all my dumb questions, everyone.
>>
>>43819364

If you get any kind of ware, and then it gets removed, you don't regain the essence you lost from it. However, you do get an "essence hole" that you can fill with another piece of ware.

Say I get a cyberware hand, for .25 Essence. If I remove that cyberhand, I still only have 5.75 Essence remaining, but I have a .25 Essence hole. When I install my 1 Essence cyberarm, it fills the hole before further reducing my Essence, leaving me with 5 Essence total.

Some pieces of cyberware also have a capacity cost, which means you can install them in cyberlimbs (or cybereyes for vision enhancements). If you're installing spurs in your cyberarm, you don't lose additional Essence, it just takes up some of the arm's capacity.
>>
>>43819434
Ear enhancements also only go into ears and nowhere else.
>>
Quicky update for Chummer, fixing the cyberdeck crash issue and Edge calculation issue.

https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/5.178
>>
How does this look, /srg/? I wanted to make a gun mod that turns weapon into >>43812367 because why not.

>Double barrel
>Cost: because of extensive modification needed, it costs the same as a weapon it's mounted on.
>Also if you want to add barrel modifications like long barrel or silencer, their cost is doubled.

>gives 1 DV
>Reduces RC by half, rounded up.
>Weapon fires twice the bullets per shot

>+5R availability
>+2 concealability mod
>>
File: oh god what the fuck.png (331 KB, 673x262) Image search: [Google]
oh god what the fuck.png
331 KB, 673x262
>>43820721
I think that goes beyond weapon mod and straight into gimmick weapon territory, like the Sakura Fubuki or this monstrosity
>>
>>43821159
Ain't nothing wrong with gimmicks.

I was thinking of limiting this to pistols/shotguns only, to not birth monstrosities like double-barreled AM-47.
>>
>>43821159
I'd just be happy if the Monsoon had any unique features in the first place. Like high RC that would MAKE SENSE.
>>
>>43814487
These forum posts contain the link to Vagrant Workshop where you have summary and preview pdfs of three Equinox books.
>>
>>43821784
>CGL
>Making sense

Omae...
>>
In 5e how do you manage to hack anything if noise kills your dice pool when you are any distance away?

We ported our 3e team over and our Decker just can't seem to do anything
>>
>>43822551
It was in 4E, though. The Fubuki had special burst rules.
>>
>>43822623
By walking up to it with a datatap.
>>
>>43822708
That'd mean the Decker goes on the runs and that is just dumb.
>>
>>43822835
Welcome to 5e, pizza runner.
>>
>>43822844
>>43822835
Is it possible to plug the datatap to a commlink, and operate it remotely without noise ?
>>
>>43822958
I mean... there's a datatap dongle, I think. But why wouldn't you just go on the run?
>>
>>43822982
Dunno, I'm the GM.
>>
>>43822835
If he's not with you, who is going to protect your team's wireless gear?
>>
>>43823007
We don't turn wireless on for any of our gear. It is insanely dumb to connect your guns and shit to wireless networks.
>>
>>43823042
I agree, to an extent, but the benefits are insane. And an internal router only covers so much.
>>
>>43823066
Our GM allows us the wireless bonuses if we connect all our gear with wires on a PLAN connection.
>>
>>43823078
It's a good idea but what happens if your central node (probably commlink) gets hacked ? Or do you turn its wireless off too ? Also do you have to take actions to plug your weapons every time you want to switch ? Also is there even built-it ports on weapons ?
>>
>>43823105
All devices have a direct-access port.
>>
>>43823105
Our rigger is the only person that does not have an Air Gap system. No outside connections to the system at all.

Our Rigger uses wireless to connect to his Drones but all his cyber and gear are connected with internal LAN connections or hooked right into his console.
>>
I'm going to start another group with friends, playing in GeMiTo. Is there some source where I can find a list of biotech corps operating in Europe ? Doesn't matter if it's an old edition. I have already read the entries for GeMiTo in Shadows of Europe and Feral Cities.

>>43823142
>>43823116
Noice.
>>
>>43823915

S-K does everything, especially chemical production, and its not hard to imagine them mixing chemicals with biotech in a research facility.

Pheonix Biotechnologies is a European bio mega about to be bought up by Spinrad.

And of course Spinrad, but they're more into cool shit than actually useful things.

Zeta-ImpChem, of course, as well as AG Chemie.

Aztechnology has a heavy pharma presence in Europe, despite the stiff competition.

I believe that's all you really need.
>>
Are Harlequin and Frosty an item?
>>
>>43826026

Frosty is Harlequin's adopted daughter...
>>
>>43826102
And?
>>
>>43826102
The question still stands.
>>
>>43826102
Ghostwalker described Harlequin as her mate.
>>
>>43826261

okies...
>>
>>43826261
That girl needs to get higher standards. She can do better than clown-face.
>>
>>43826397
Let's not go crazy here
>>
>>43826425
Remember what happened the last time a dragon fucked an elf? Bad things happened, that's what.
>>
>>43826522

Wasn't that turbo-douche Alamais though? I like to think it would go better with many of the other ones.
>>
>>43826522
Wasn't that how elves came to exist? Dragon taking human form and getting a human harem?
>>
>>43826555
What? Is that some earthdawn shit?
>>
>>43826555
>>43826586

It shouldn't be. The earthdawn canon I know about the creation of the world contradicts it.
>>
>>43826555
It's how Immortal Elves came to exist. And we all know how well that went. Just look at the Tir nations.
>>
Does anyone know of a good resource on the laws in the PCC? I'm running an LA campaign soon, and just want something I can reference if at all possible.
>>
File: 15 - 1.jpg (147 KB, 593x904) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1.jpg
147 KB, 593x904
>>
File: 15 - 2.jpg (38 KB, 346x519) Image search: [Google]
15 - 2.jpg
38 KB, 346x519
>>
>>43827143
>not using an RFID
>>
>>43824215
I saw on the french wiki that Shiawase has facilities in GeMiTo. Intro mission will be the players waking up in a squat with 5 girls (two of their contacts) after blacking out at a rave while the building is being attacked by a gunship.
>>
>>43827143
Now I want to make a run set in a big factory that mass-produces clones. Some of them are probably tailored to be meant as kids for couples that can't have kids normally (infertility, single parents, or homosexual couples), some are developed as wimps for organ-legging organizations like Tamanous, and some are raised to be corporate super-soldiers. But it's this big facility with a bunch of naked people with barcodes and labels tattooed onto their skin, and all of them are either unconscious/brain-dead or have a childlike naivete about the big underground building they inhabit.
>>
>>43827621
Defo including this into my GeMiTo runs.
>>
File: 10052.png (255 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
10052.png
255 KB, 300x418
>>43827621
>>
File: 1437265580169.jpg (218 KB, 1200x1059) Image search: [Google]
1437265580169.jpg
218 KB, 1200x1059
>>43827621
I can't see them doing that all in one place, desu.

There's definitely meat factories cranking out wimps for organ replacement (and almost certainly selling excess meat on the side), and I don't want to have the 'Shadowrun clone super soldier' argument again, but I can't see them making custom children in the same facility.

Designer babies are almost certainly a thing, but (assuming you can even make them entirely in machines, and you don't need a live womb for Essence reasons) why would they make them in the same place? Those kids are going to require top-quality geneticists to mix up and monitor them during their growth to prevent any bad mutations, and the best equipment to ensure the child is as healthy as possible. Let's be honest, if you're ordering a baby you're ordering one with as much gene therapy as you can fit in there. I can see NeoNatal, LLC being a discreetly distanced subsidiary of MEATBITS INC, but not both of them operating out of the same building.
>>
>>43828196
It's called horizontal integration
>>
Just bought Shadowrun Returns: Hong Kong because I saw that it was on sale in Steam.

Couple of questions, have they patched all the annoying bugs out by now?

Also which etiquettes are most useful in this installment? Also are there any other stats that notably give more dialogue options too.
>>
>>43828679

Academic - 19 times
Shadowrunner - 13 times
Corporate - 8 times
Socialite - 8 times
Gang - 6 times
Security - 5 Times

The Googoru Zaibatsu is your friend, omae.
>>
>>43828724
Whats your opinion on the bugs question though, its more immediately important.
>>
>>43828806

I played it when it came out and remember no bugs.
Duncan "Donuts" Wu is mai waifu, though.
>>
How big are the changes they have made to gameplay in HK, for one thing I've heard cyberware has been improved on and they changed the decking pretty heavily.
>>
>>43829290
Decking is a shitty stealth game with a match 3/memory game attached.

Cyberware got some upgrades so that is nice.

Riggers are still meh and the NPC Rigger is far better then you can ever be.

Just go Troll Adept and punch things to death.
>>
File: police necromancer.png (423 KB, 483x674) Image search: [Google]
police necromancer.png
423 KB, 483x674
>>
File: 1437223832034.jpg (1 MB, 900x1463) Image search: [Google]
1437223832034.jpg
1 MB, 900x1463
>>43830441
What are the laws regarding cops using Mob Mind to convince people to return quietly to their homes? Beats the alternative, right?
>>
>>43803839
>Shadowrun rewards specialization above all else

The system might, but the setting doesn't. Overspecialised autists tend to die like little bitches to underspecialised generalists. If you only have one card up your sleeve, you're eventually going to run into someone with a better hand.

>>43809562
Why are they going after thugs and the mafia in the first place? The simple solution is to give them runs that send them at AAA corps. Your scenario makes no sense without context.

Never mind the mafia isn't necessarily worse equipped than a corporation. You really should read up on what a mafia actually is; preferably not in a SR sourcebook, because they don't really know jack shit about squat.

>>43812784
Nope. But people like to whine about him when they should be complaining about how their GMs used him. Harley is no different in impact than AAA megacorp or Dragon.

>>43813176
I don't know what gives you the impression you're supposed to like a sociopath who hires you to systematically destroy the life and kidnap the daughter of one of the few people he admits considering a friend. Even in Harlequin 2, he's explicetly not meant to be portrayed as a sympathetic figure, but as a psychopath. It's like all you people running your mouths never actually played the fucking modules. And that includes !yekka.

Frankly, the main criticism about Harlequin Returns isn't Harlequin, it's that it's Planescape, instead of Cyberpunk. Or was, back when it was still relevant. Now it's all butthurt about the uber NPC who's small fry in the grand scale of things; well, until CGL went full retard and let him take out a dragon on his own turf. That's on CGL, though, not how the character was originally portrayed.

Harlequin and the elves are overrated in their impact and importance, but not by any pre-CGL material. They're overrated by players who can't stand someone being higher level than them. That's really all it boils down to: Penis envy.
>>
>>43830441
is it bad that my first thought was "man that dude looks /fa/ as fuck"
>>
>>43831370
>players who can't stand someone being higher level than them
Every RPG ever?
>>
>>43831605
Don't bother arguing with him, man.
>>
File: LughSurehand.jpg (29 KB, 459x801) Image search: [Google]
LughSurehand.jpg
29 KB, 459x801
Runs related to Lugh Surehand, /srg/?

My players are new and like the SR canon, but basically only know what I've told them. I want to introduce them to the insanity of the Tir, specifically the old Princes, but I'm not sure where to start.

I'm throwing out the Immortal Elves stuff, but I don't know how to set things up; whether to go with the fact that 'Lugh Surehand' is clearly an invented identity, the start of the Tir with obvious outside support, the revolution itself. I'm looking for a run where they can learn a bit of the history while still staying at arm's length from any of the major players.
>>
how the fuck do I make a ghoul in chummer5?
>>
>>43831404
it depends
is he fa as fuck or is he "effay" as fuck
>>
>>43832070
You don't. You don't, and you feel bad for wanting to play an infected character.

or you just add the infected: ghoul quality, it's in the same list as the others
>>
>>43832133
i can't find it anywhere and i've got all the books checked.
>>
>>43832156
Don't know what to say other than, "You're bad at chummer, chummer."

In the common tab, click the Add Quality Button, it defaults to positive, and you click Infected: Ghoul (or whatever other infected strikes your fancy). It's all part of RF, so if you're using that book it should work.
>>
>>43828880
Duncan a shit.

Gobbet da best.

>>43829290
Decking is real time dodging of sight cones for the most part, but has some turn based combat.

Cyberware is awesome now. Get the cyber whip.
>>
File: 1330207630242.jpg (17 KB, 200x223) Image search: [Google]
1330207630242.jpg
17 KB, 200x223
>>43832218
thats just it though. its got all the other shit from RF except the ghoul bits.
>>
File: 1448458307992.jpg (9 KB, 253x250) Image search: [Google]
1448458307992.jpg
9 KB, 253x250
>>43832126
both, just like my homie Willie Gibson
>>
File: Screenshot (29).png (161 KB, 1367x817) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (29).png
161 KB, 1367x817
>>43832271
Have you considered the possibility that Sithrak hates you and wants you to suffer? You can try praying to him, but it won't help.
>>
>>43832271
try unchecking the Show Only Qualities I can take box
>>
>>43832271
<forbidden>
<oneof>
<quality>Magic Resistance (Rating 1)</quality>
<quality>Magic Resistance (Rating 2)</quality>
<quality>Magic Resistance (Rating 3)</quality>
<quality>Magic Resistance (Rating 4)</quality>
<quality>Technomancer</quality>
<quality>Infected: Fomoraig</quality>
<quality>Infected: Banshee</quality>
<quality>Infected: Dzoo-Noo-Qua</quality>
<quality>Infected: Bandersnatch</quality>
<quality>Infected: Gnawer</quality>
<quality>Infected: Goblin</quality>
<quality>Infected: Grendel</quality>
<quality>Infected: Harvester</quality>
<quality>Infected: Loup-Garou</quality>
<quality>Infected: Mutaqua</quality>
<quality>Infected: Nosferatu</quality>
<quality>Infected: Vampire</quality>
<quality>Infected: Wendigo</quality>
<quality>Infected: Ghoul</quality>
<metatype>Free Spirit</metatype>
<metatype>Pixie</metatype>
<metatype>Centaur</metatype>
<metatype>Naga</metatype>
<metatypecategory>Shapeshifter</metatypecategory>
</oneof>
</forbidden>

Beyond that, idk. PEBKAC?
>>
>>43831605
Pretty much. Harlequin is in no way a 'worse' character than any of the other major players, the only thing that sets him apart is that he interacts with the party face to face. You'll hear the same hyperbolic, butthurt bitching from 90% of the players who had face time with any dragon as well. The hilarity of it all is that he's really the smallest fish in the big fish pond when you take a step back and look at the food chain.

Here's how the power flow goes:

Dragons with corps > AAA corps > Dragons >Most larger governments in the western and eastern world >Immortal Elf States > Harlequin and other prime runners.

The only real reason dragons are that high up is because they're buddy buddy vs. external threats. An individual dragon without the backing of his peers in a pinch is fucking dead.
>>
So do drakes lay eggs? And if so, why hasn't it been brought up at all?
>>
>>43832318
>>43832359
>>43832433
I said fuck it and redownloaded chummer5

it got fixed

PRAISE SITHRAK!
>>
When you take Neuro Retention Amplification in Chummer it gives you the Photographic Memory quality but it also charges you the karma cost.
>>
Okay, so, potentially dumb question incoming.
In 4E, if a hacker gets hit by a Data Bomb in AR, its matrix condition boxes, if its in VR, its physical condition boxes?
>>
This is kind of a goofy idea, but shadowrun is kind of a goofy game... Does anyone have "futuristic" snack foods they eat during games? I can't really think of too many things outside of the modern marvel of food coloring.
>>
>>43833391
I don't know what you mean. But soy everything?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.