[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true? I don't think this is true, but then I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: hair magic2.png (208 KB, 432x453) Image search: [Google]
hair magic2.png
208 KB, 432x453
Is this true? I don't think this is true, but then I'm not a hirsute yogi.
>>
>>43773628
D
E
P
E
N
D
S
_
O
N
_
S
E
T
T
I
N
G
>>
File: RibbonExplains.jpg (45 KB, 172x248) Image search: [Google]
RibbonExplains.jpg
45 KB, 172x248
Hair being a magical focus is a pretty common idea in fiction, especially those that involve curses.

In Vance's The Miracle Workers, almost all of the jinxman take extreme care to make sure that they don't allow one of their hairs to be lost, by either wearing caps or shaving themselves bald, since even a single hair is a powerful focus for casting curses using hoodoo.

In D&D, one example of the use of hair is that it is a requirement for the spell Simulacrum, which creates a duplicate of the creature.
>>
>>43773628
Compared to most other skin, hair actually has an excellent blood supply, meaning at any given time hair can contain a short record of the blood and consumption of a person within a recent range.
For settings that use blood as a type of identification, hair makes a quick, relatively subtle substitute.
And as >>43773823 stated, hair is a common focus in curses throughout myth.
In fact, a caster having possession of a lock of hair gives a target a massive -10 penalty to saves against the Scrying spell in 5th edition.
>>
>>43773628
source?
>>
>>43773929
>In fact, a caster having possession of a lock of hair gives a target a massive -10 penalty to saves against the Scrying spell in 5th edition.

I love little rules like that. It's like an adventure that practically writes itself.
>>
>>43773929
Hair, fingernails and skin in general is a pretty good way to measure general health in humans. They can test for heavy metal poisoning using hair clippings for instance.
>>
Yes, this is why wizards have nice beards.

Also thanks for posting this, because it made me check if there was a new chapter and there was.
>>
>>43774194
"Dungeon Meshi." Pretty fun manga about adventurers who [due to reasons that are explained in the beginning] need to find food inside a dungeon as they try to reach the dragon in the lower levels.
>>
File: metalheads.jpg (65 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
metalheads.jpg
65 KB, 620x420
>>43774206
>They can test for heavy metal poisoning
Yup, hair is one of the obvious tells for that.
>>
>>43773628
Bitch read the bible.
Samson was a muscle wizard thanks to his hair.
>>
>>43774595
had a chuckle, well played
>>
File: 027.png (600 KB, 503x667) Image search: [Google]
027.png
600 KB, 503x667
>>43774334
New chapter:

>>43769811
>>
>>43773929
>In fact, a caster having possession of a lock of hair gives a target a massive -10 penalty to saves against the Scrying spell in 5th edition.
NICE.
>>
>>43774595
This is a good post.
>>
>>43773628
>maintenance of hair is a basic tenant of [my particular magical tradition]
This would make it less weird.
>>
File: 1409722871636.jpg (118 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
1409722871636.jpg
118 KB, 500x682
>>43773628
Absolutely.
>>
>>43773628
Worked for samson
>>
>>43773628
ERast Indian magic does in fact consider hair vital to the self, and magic is contained within it. that's why high ranking Sikhs don't cut their hair - their body is a gift from god. They only cut their nails because it would hamper day to day living otherwise. Some yogi don't do that, and let their nails grow out as well.
>>
>>43777069
In the chapter though, her magic legit doesn't work as well on the dwarf because his hair is fucking filthy.
>>
>>43777250
Yeah but Sikhs don't really subscribe to magical thinking. They're a pretty down-to-earth sect. They don't cut their hair because every human body is sacred as is, and fucking with it fucks with God's creation.
However, they don't really perform rituals for ritual sake.
Also if you like smooth legs and waxed cunts don't date a sikh girl
>>
>>43777355
Filthy with monster fat and blood which is magic resistant, apparently
>>
>>43774595
My hat is doffed. You should feel good about yourself, sir.
>>
>>43774595
>used to be a metalhead years back
>wanted to grow hair out
>couldn't
>only metalhead around with a crewcut

Genetics can be a bit of a cunt sometimes.
>>
>>43781475
I grew my hair out in high school but the sort of people it attracted weren't the sort of people I really wanted to be around. that experience taught me a valuable life lesson about appearances. Now I try to look as normal and bland and possible and choose my company carefully.
>>
>>43781738
I once saw a post here that I feel encapsulates my feelings on the subject well. "Your exterior is part of being polite to your surroundings".
>>
>>43773823
Right response
>>43773674
wrong response
I mean there is such a thing as meta-fiction discussion.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.