[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Character-fluff-in-progress Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16
File: DeNA01.jpg (25 KB, 480x679) Image search: [Google]
DeNA01.jpg
25 KB, 480x679
Da rules:

1) Share your character, keep it snappy.
2) You post one, you review one.
>>
File: EricLofgren-Male-Cleric-online.jpg (13 KB, 300x447) Image search: [Google]
EricLofgren-Male-Cleric-online.jpg
13 KB, 300x447
Lawful good human Clerik

>Given up at birth
>Raised by armed holy order
>Holy order deals with really nightmarish shit for nobles and lords in return for generous "donations".
>Finds strength in his faith and loyalty to order
>Even though top brass is corrupt as sin

His guilty pleasure is whores and gambling, skirting the holy scriptures on technicalities.

>"Thou shall not take earthly pleasures in bedding"
>Bangs whores anywhere but on a bed

He still gets whipped every time he's caught, but back is too scarred to really hurt.

>"I've been flogged for whoring so many times I considered just getting the girls to do it in advance, but apparently that costs extra."
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
true neutral half-beastman

>short
>has perception and intelligence above physical strength
>gunner for hire , lived with her clan till the leaders of the mercenary guild got assassinated
>clans started fighting eachother for the reign
>she traveled to another continent after the clans shattered

> sense of morals: it is not a crime if no one witnessed it
>dead people are suffering less than the living
>trust nobody , not even nobody

>fighting style: i have yet to meet someone who can outsmart BOOLIT

>musketeer/stealth build

>got da fluffy tail
>>
>>43726008
i dont get it , i am on phone and it posts the image sideways at random times
>>
>>43723510
Sounds ok, desabused vet that still believe in his cause, probably because it's the only thing he has left to hold on to.

Excuse me, but since english isn't my native language :
Does he find pleasure in skirting the scriptures ; or just in whores and gambling and he uses hypocrisy to do it regardless of the holy texts ?

In his place I would probably leave the order and do my job alone or go on a very remote post so I don't get bothered by thier bullshit and corruption.

>>43726008
Sounds like notes. You can probably make sense of it since you created it, but from an external standpoint it's quite dry to work with.
I don't see anything that repells me in it, but it could do with a couple additional motivations IMO.
>>
>>43726675
thats the point

this character doesnt have anymore motivation for adventuring than money , probably because it is quite early in the campain
>>
>>43726961
goal =/= motivation.
Why does she wants the money ? What makes it her principal objective ?
If I extrapolate from the bits above, I could saythat she has trust issues and prefer a lot of material wealth instead of a lot of friends, but what is she gonna do with her money ?
Secure quiet lifestyle ? Show her success to everyone ? Buy simething in particular ? Just hoard it like a dragon because she feeds on gold ?
>>
no art with me, sorry

True Neutral Wood Elf Druid
>he's a mailman.
>part of a guild of mailmen that travels the world delivering mail.
>upper ranks of postman's guild form a secret society, who have access to a vast flow of information in the world, and do their best to keep the flow of information moving, manipulating world events to do so
>druid character belongs to a rank of the guild that acts as the "muscle". they're the ones who get involved in things on the ground according to their superiors' orders. all while still delivering their mail
>character himself is rather strange. polite, but proper manners are absent. outwardly humble, but shows a vengeful pride to those who cross him
>believes in ends justify the means. grovel if it helps your goal. turn your head away from the begging masses if it helps your goal. he's dedicated to his guild's cause
>wears a wooden mask over his face at all times. he's hunched over, thin, long limbs and dark, leathery skin where it's visible on his body. it's very obvious he spends all of his time outdoors and travelling. he even creeps other druids out.

>>43723510
>top brass is corrupt
>is pretty corrupt himself
give this guy a promotion
how does he perform in other areas of his holy duties though? besides gambling and whores, is he an alright dude who guides his flock to inner peace?
>>
>>43727169
simple , she wants to live , but never learned anything aside from marksmanship

at home , she has no place since the war ended
>>
>>43723389
Remalia Thornkin, Neutral Good Half-Elf Water Elementalist Wizard
>Only daughter of a small time merchant family
>Travelling in caravan across the desert when gnolls attack.
>Remalia is the only survivor by hiding under her father and uncle's corpses while the gnolls scavenge for valuables.
>Now stranded in the middle of the desert with only her uncle's spellbook.
>Due to sheer nessecity or divine intervention, she's not sure which, Remalia learns to cast Create Water.
>Uses her newfound magical prowess to build up a monopoly on water amongst the desert communities, trading it for food and shelter.
>Goes around for ten years creating wells for small villages and generally improving their quality of life
>Joins the adventuring party to stop a large-scale Gnoll raid from wiping out her myriad of little villages.
>>
Female mhun sorcerer (think dwarf. Less hair. Eats rocks. Venom glands. Race are basically confucian jews)
Princess.
Spends most of her time frantically avoiding family responsibilities by fleeing the kingdom, coming back when she runs out of money while trying to 'adventure'. Confucian jew race and royal blood makes this double plus ungood on money and family fronts.
Generally fairly pleasant. Sarcastic, bitingly so.
Fastens onto anyone who she thinks is 'doing good' and won't stop pushing.
Secret object of a cult that wants to invest her with a soul eater as part of their five year apocalypse plan.
>>
>>43727296
You had me at mailman guild. I fucking love it. Carw to elaborate on the polite but no manners part?
>>
An EVO designer baby who ran away to start, what they believe, to be the transhuman revolution one patient at a time.

They have sworn never to take a human(read: meta human) life and while does not actively hate magic, feels that magic healing will always be inferior to science and technology.
>>
This character is still just an idea, possibly for a ASOIAF game.
>Possibly disfigured child is dumped in the woods
>survives due to abnormal growth but goes feral
>picked up by unsavory types
>dumped into dog fight rings
>then fighting arenas
>massive feral arena fighter becomes a local attraction
>local lord stops by
>takes pity on the beast and takes it with him
>attempts to civilize the child is met with limited success
>still becomes relatively docile and tame
>not to mention fiercely loyal and protective of the lord and his family
>still a stranded fish in general society
>still doesn't talk much
>either mute or severe speech impediments
>tl;dr: massive feral family guard dog
>>
>>43727482
I like how you took what could be muh orphan revenge plot and made it as a reason for your character to learn and then create something from. Also like how her motivation still seems to be based on what they create rather than what they can destroy, even if it might be more off of profit than altruism. Would adventure with.
>>
>>43727507
Oh. General attitude is that of BG2's mazzy. Prim, proper and far too enthusiastic for comfort. Presently on the run, as daddy is trying to have her arrestes to be brought home.
>>
>>43727680
Thanks for the complement bro.
Sad thing is I didn't even get to use her. It was for a Pathfinder Adventure Path group on Roll20 (Legacy of Fire or something like that) but she was discarded for the typical dumb as rocks barbarian because they already had a spellcaster (a magus at that).

I'm only a little salty.
>>
>>43727482
I like the idea of a water mage in the desert. Creates the opportunity for convincing altruism without killing x amount of goblins for bartender y.
>>
File: Elf.jpg (84 KB, 500x633) Image search: [Google]
Elf.jpg
84 KB, 500x633
An elvish courtier and fencer, on a mission far abroad on account of falling out of favor in the court.

Elves are a thaumocracy (or "magocracy," but I've never liked that term) and while he has mastered a couple cantrips to fit in among the spellweavers at court, he's always been looked down on because he's not a REAL mage or nobly born (he got his job as a favor from one of the elf lords after saving his life in a fight), and he got ideas hugely above his station regarding a nobleman's daughter.

He feels rather ill-used by the court but at the same time wants to earn their respect, which drives him to adventure in hopes of both acquiring great wealth and glory and showing even without true magical power he is still a man of quality.

The fact everyone gave him shit about everything back home has made him a standoffish perfectionist who believes anything worth doing is worth doing well but hates being upstaged or looked down on.
>>
>>43727296

He's more of a soldier than a priest, a bit jaded because he's seen some shit.

Beyond that he's a genuinely alright guy who tries to do good when circumstances (aka the order) allow him.
>>
>>43727533
he's a druid. he wraps himself in ragged clothing and lives like he's in the wild. if he's invited to a fancy party, he might wrap a burlap tie around his neck and call it good. he'd be polite and cordial to everyone there, but he'd eat the food with his hands and eschew silverware altogether.
i imagine he came from a noble place in his younger years before becoming a druid, so now he has little taste for all the rules and regulations of high-society life.
>>
>>43728170
I though a fencing character would be interesting, but I never considered how well an elf could fit the style.
Overall, pointy ears here seems pretty put together pretty well. It all fits nicely into the whole theme and I like him already.
>>
File: rodrickface.jpg (155 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
rodrickface.jpg
155 KB, 500x709
Rodrick
Neutral Evil / True Neutral
Human Fighter / “Fallen Paladin”
>Goes to earn money for sister and mother, joins merc band due to fast money for risky work, start to really enjoy fighting and killing due to "Waah waah, dead daddy rage"
>falsely joins templar order to gain "license to purge heretics" in order to fight wherever he pleases plus pay increase.
>Put on provisionary quest to destroy magic rocks that grant stat boosts through demon pact magic with love interest elf templar. Takes magic demon rock for himself which, surprising no one, ends badly for him
>ends up killing most of the templar order that he was working with during demonic possession, including love interest elf that manages to free him from possession at the cost of her life
>abandons templar, aims to use another demon stone to revive love interest elf that has been completely destroyed / un-revivable by traditional “holy” magic
>becomes BBEG for a campaign, attempting to use demon magic to bring her back causing magical problems with the flow of life and death
>defeated by party of heroes, the monk/leader letting him live as punishment, seeing as he has no more demon magic and that he probably wants to die.
>demoralized completely, lives as one-eyed town drunk in a little backwoods nothing town
>Saves young traveling bard elf, which reminds him of Templar elf, from bandits.
>Starts following her around due to attempt at redemption / also he wants that bard ass.

The way he’s introduced to the party is summed up with “Some big motherfucker just helped you with your bandit problem. He stinks of booze but knows how to kill a man.” They hire him as they are in dire need of a guide and some muscle.

Tell me how marry that sue is why don't you.
>>
>>43728462
he sounds delightfully like an asshole. could be fun for future growth / not growth.

do your fellow players know your character's identity?
>>
>>43726032
orientation sensor in your phone is garbage.
>>
File: cu cuhlainn.jpg (801 KB, 994x1432) Image search: [Google]
cu cuhlainn.jpg
801 KB, 994x1432
>>43727593

>tl;dr: massive feral family guard dog

Congrats, anon, you made an angry Irish man.
>>
>>43728555
Out of character, oh yeah a few of them do.

In character, NOPE.
So when they inevitably bump into the rest of the Templar order, its gonna be interesting how they react.

So far the party balance has about the mixed results you'd expect.
Him and the rogue are basically cartoon characters when they start stealing shit, its a blast.
>>
>no art sorry

A relatively scrawny and moderately young widow. Her husband died to illness, and after she took up the trade of traveling apothecary. She also trades her reagents directly sometimes.

She usually dresses with several layers of coarse-spun clothing in various shades of brown and grey. Her hair is kept clean, but not brushed, combed, or braided.

She is a commoner by birth and did manual labor in the past. Her demeanor is generally friendly but she has strong reservations about sex and romance because of the loss of her husband.

>>43723510
So he finds strength in his faith but skirts the scriptures on technicalities? Does he ever feel conflicted over this? Or does he pick and choose which passages are followed to the letter and which are followed by intent?
>>
>Character comes from a short branch of a long lineage of magi specializing in Alchemy.
>Family is utterly corrupt, full of seducers, wheeler and dealers, demon summoners.
>One morning a priest of the War God came to visit, looking to recruit a member to the fold.
>Character goes on over the priest, and learns the art of both divine magic, and archery.
>His brother, the only person who he cared about was a talented Wizard/Alchemist.
>Years later, after perfecting his art of the bow, unrelenting where his archer brethren ran away to safety.
>Survives due to quick thinking, and positioning intellect.
>Seeks to be a standard of archer beyond the rest, clads himself in steel and became the steel-clad eagle. Who's mark is always true, and flies fiercely in the sky.
>Years later, his wizard/alchemist dies in a suicide bombing, taking out 3 Dragaur after a botch massacre.
>Seeks to join the party, who is comprised of 2 freed slaves, master of stealth and killing. A beastmaster, feral barbarian type with a slick tounge and a brain full of rocks, and a goody-two-shoes type who was slain and raised a zombie.
>Nobody misses the goody-two-shoes.
>>
>>43728752
I dig it but it needs more applicable characterization. Like what would happen if someone tried to steal from her? What if they were needy?
>>
>>43728936
Sorry, just reread this and it's not clear enough. I mean that we need more about her motivations and demeanor.
>>
File: Gnome-Magician.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Gnome-Magician.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
This friendly old gnome is possibly the most notorious spymaster in the land, or he would be if he weren't so good at his job. Calculating and kind in equal measure, his intelligence has toppled lords and routed armies, and not one of his enemies has suspected the smiling little gnome in their midst.

To him, the security and prosperity of the realm are paramount, and there is very little he would not sacrifice to maintain it.

>>43728170
Pretty decent. You have an excuse to be out and about, motivation that justifies your adventuring, and plenty of potential plot hooks for the DM to play with.
>>
druid mailman here. gonna throw my other favorite one out there. first d&d character

Neutral good human fighter
>born commoner. father was a gambling man, who got himself deep in debt with a local mafia
>lived in constant fear of the mafia's collections and his father's drunkenness. developed a very nervous disposition, and some OCD tendencies
>eventually dad cracks under the pressure, and murder-suicides him and his wife, burning down their house with them.
>kid's left with nothing. mafia claims he's inherited his father's debt. in repayment he performs odd-jobs for them, mostly taking care of animals or other shit-jobs
>as he grows older, he gets bigger, tougher. naturally build like a damn horse. mafia uses him for brute work. bodyguard, bouncer, collector.
>still weird and nervous. has no friends. until a loudmouthed bard shows up and befriends him
>through some sort of shenanigans the entire mafia district burns down, and the two guys bail. they take odd jobs, mercenary work, delivery stuff. anything they can do to get by, which almost always ends up in some odd adventure they didn't want.
>>
>>43723389
DM here posting one of my favorite NPCs, Crusty
>Used to be a seasoned adventurer
>Adventured all the time, well liked by the nobility and townspeople
>Slayed Ogres and stuff, total bro
>One day he meets qt3.14 cleric
>Cleric joins his company, he lays down the smooth moves
>Ends up wedding and bedding the cleric
>Cleric chick gets inseminated and has to take a break from adventuring
>Crusty is out helping the townsfolk and collecting money to pay for their new home around 7 months into the pregnancy
>Cleric chick gives birth to baby prematurely and both of them die because of it.
>Crusty becomes very sad, quits adventuring because it reminds him too much of his wife
>Now works as a tavern keeper, he sells all of his old adventuring gear as "stuff he picked up" for outrageously low prices because he doesn't like to be reminded of his deceased wife.
>the PC's know him as the funny barkeeper, I won't force his backstory on them, but it's there.
>>43728462
I love this guy, his past is riddled with tragedy as a result of a combination of his own fucked up ways and terrible circumstance. Sounds like an awesome BBEG or PC. Also I'm a huge fan of commonplace NPCs with intricate histories and a super powerful yet humble drunk is right up my alley. I find him the right mix of convincing and edgy. 9/10 might steal some of this idea for a villain in my campign
>>
File: Wanderer.jpg (260 KB, 1391x722) Image search: [Google]
Wanderer.jpg
260 KB, 1391x722
Neutral male human wizard

>See ALL the things! style Sensate
>born to and raised by a merchant clan in an interplanar trader caravan
>inspired to study magic by the fantastic sights he saw and the marvelous goods his parents deal in

Snowflakey at all? The biggest thing I'm worried about is that the Planescape books only give you the options to come from one of the outer planes, from Sigil or from the Prime Material.
>>
File: harlequin 11.jpg (1 MB, 813x1152) Image search: [Google]
harlequin 11.jpg
1 MB, 813x1152
Trying out Pathfinder's Juggler Bard. During her young adulthood she was a simple tailor's daughter who shared love with a circus acrobat. But the acrobat owed some very dangerous people money and soon suffered an 'accident' during a trapeze act. Angry, grieving, and unable to gain help from the authorities, she prayed to the goddess of revenge for guidance. Soon afterward, she signed on with the very same carnival and discovering a talent for throwing knives and juggling. She resolved to find the ones responsible and kill them with a false accident in the midst of performance, just as they had done. Basically she's a spooky clown who throws tons of knives, axes and chakrams around.

>>43729152
Really great. If you need a hook to have that backstory come out, having the party needing a guide for a certain dangerous area, and have them be directed toward Crusty by townspeople who basically say 'didn't you used to frequent that area a lot?'
>>
>Human Barbarian
>Neutral Good
>Needs a fucking name which I'm terrible about

A simple, hardworking man. Tends to his farm carefully, pays his taxes, helps his neighbors, tries to raise his children well, enjoys the drink but not in excess, laughs loudly, and fights like a demon. He's slow to anger but explodes with rage when pushed too far. It isn't what you'd expect from the well-mannered, polite man. It's an all-consuming rage, not unlike a monk's trance, which he describes with religious fervor when asked. The town he's from is graffitied with signs of his past fights but no one is bothered by them, believing the man was always in the right. But the town has settled down as trade routes have shifted and he's been getting more and more agitated with no relief in sight. His loving wife suggests he seek help so he doesn't hurt anyone or himself, so he sets off not sure if his true motivation is to find a solution or another fight.

>tl;dr A nice, likeable guy flies into rages and loves it. Leaves home to find help and/or heads to smash.
>>
>>43729152
I didn't come to this thread to feel these feels
>>
>>43729804
So are the Mad Max similarities intentional or accidental?
>>
>>43729878
Purely accidental.
>>
>>43729426
I'm entirely sold on the idea of a spooky clown throwing sharp objects but I'm not a fan of the back story. Needs some polishing.
>>
>>43728936
>>43729004
although she was always interested in her field she was never serious about it until her husband passed away. Then she cursed herself (figuratively, not literally) for not getting serious about it sooner. She sold their house on the edge of town and traveled while studying, trading reagents and providing her services as an apothecary to get by.

She doesn't like hurting people but will put up a fight in self defense, or in the defense of another. She doesn't care to be a violent hero and prefers to solve problems with words or skills.

How charitable she is depends on the person's need. Someone with a migraine begging for some free painkillers won't get anything but she wouldn't hesitate to help someone with a serious injury.

She typically doesn't carry a lot of money and barters a lot with reagents. As such she can't really offer much to beggars. Given her dress and appearance, she isn't usually the one they beg for money anyway.

She goes by a nickname she has had since she was young. Only three people ever called her by her real name, two of those people are dead, and the third is a senile housekeeper.

So she carries on, kind of drifting through life. A lots been going on in the world the past few years. A lot of opportunity, and a lot of challenge.
>>
>>43729804
I see the similarities to Mad Max that one anon was pointing out, but I still like the character either way. Maybe do something with Rockatansky for a name?

Maybe think of some more detail of how renowned he is? Do stories about him only spread through the village, or pass onto other individuals?

And as for mine:
>Upcoming Sci-fi game where we play a selection of hired guns
>Playing as a kind of faulty clone of a popular and charismatic space politician gone on the run
On account of his wanting to be as different/individual from the man he's based on as possible he goes as loud as possible in appearance, shaving his head bald and growing facial hair, while wearing bright shirts such as hawaiin holiday ones.
Character wise I want him to be sort of frustrated/jaded with people, yet still fascinated with life enough to seize the day when he can.
I guess some kind of odd cross of Roy Batty and pic related.
>>
NG Dwarf Wizard

>Was too weak to fight and couldn't bring himself to religion because of skepticism
>Was ridiculed for it until he found out that he's a talented artisan
>Quickly became the fort's blacksmith/mechanic/mason/whatever
>One day found an old book about ancient elven magic which they used before degrading to stone age because of magical war
>Tried to incorporate some spells into his creations, worked wonderfully
>Started producing magic items, the fort's wealth skyrocketed
>Barbaric elves hear about "shiny sparkly things", attack the fort and overwhelm the defenses with sheer numbers, tries to help with magic, but runs out of spells and eventually is only one left because of magical cloak that makes you invisible; starts hating elves with passion
>Gathered his tools, blueprints and scrolls and wanders off
>Finally settle in a human village as a blacksmith
>Soon runs out of patience, because the village has simple needs and no ways to improve his skill
>Some adventurers stop by on their way to razed elven lands where once was the ancient elven kingdom
>Sells them some magic gear of top quality and joins them to find magic stuff, exotic materials and elves to disintegrate

I may or may not play him once more in an upcoming game.
>>
>>43730450
That's interesting. Does the fact that he's a clone actually mean that he can be as charismatic as the original?
>>
>>43730613
I'm hoping I'll be able to (depending on stat distribution once we get closer to playing), but I'd like to think he has an innate dislike of his gift on account of where it's from, so prefers to save it for times where he feels its suitable.
Like the most underwhelming secret power of all time.
>>
File: 420-blue.jpg (39 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
420-blue.jpg
39 KB, 212x300
>>43730488
That sounds really cool. I rarely see characters who are this dedicated to crafting in games that I play, so it's nice to see someone going for it.

As for my own character,
> We're playing Shadowrun where so far we're putting together a gang
> Playing a character who is the new kid at school.
> Naturally, he's frustrated as hell at this and forms a punk band with the few friends he has at school. If you're feeling REALLY generous, you could say the band is unique (they kinda suck)
> Realize that this band is not gonna get him tail in the short term,
> Figure he'll get a motorcycle, cause bitches love dudes on motorcycles.
> Turns out, he's an average teenager in all ways but one: He's a really good summoner.
> He decides to Shadowrun in order to make enough money to attain said motorcycle.
> Every mission thus far has him summoning a shit-ton of things out of a car while reading cheesy romance novels
>>
File: FINAL DWARF MODE.png (304 KB, 347x482) Image search: [Google]
FINAL DWARF MODE.png
304 KB, 347x482
>>43723389
Neutral Good Dwarf Bard
>Actually a Student of a College studying the effects of Bardin
>Is clean shaven due to the culture of the College
>Doesn't drink because it kills his beat
>Primary goal is to research and discover bard shit
>Once had an entire Tavern of Dwarfs attack him because he said no thanks to some Ale.
>>
File: 1447874409223.jpg (96 KB, 600x690) Image search: [Google]
1447874409223.jpg
96 KB, 600x690
>>43729426
Knife juggling clown sounds great, backstory is pretty edgy though. My suggestion is to change the acrobat love to instead being kidnapped/sold/orphaned/circumstanced into slavery who she is then sold to a greasy, fat circus ringmaster. The twist is that he turns out to be a jolly and amicable man who adds her to his circus' act and treats her like a daughter. After he dies due to an illness and all the performers split off to form their own paths she decides to keep the spirit and will of her step-father by dressing like a clown and continuing to practice juggling.

Now for one of my backup characters. Tell me if it's too edgy.

>tall and brutish looking swordswoman
>is apart of a holy order
>is part of the executioner's sect of the order
>travels around offering justice in the form of torture, and salvation in the form of execution
>seemingly emotionless and stoic
>she genuinely wishes forgiveness for those punished
>will go out of her way to give burial rites to bandits/randoms killed around her
>her sword's engraving is "In thy lord's will, I offer you peace"
>>
Water wizard here. This is the character I'm currently playing.

Alway Pendleton, Lawful Good Gnome Cavalier

>Very short, even for a Gnome
>Born prematurely, causing his mother to die in childbirth.
>Father casts him out for his deformities and taking his wife's life
>Found in a crib by a human couple and raised as one of their own.
>Greatly admires his older brother Gerich, a squire to the king's general
>Always finds aa wounded humongous spider in the woods and nurses it back to health in secret.
>Meanwhile Gerich is granted knighthood and rides off to battle
>After many years of training Alway is finally old enough to apply to be a squire like his older brother once was.
>Gets flat out told he is much too small to become a knight
>Filled with determination, Alway fashions a saddle for his spider and runs away from home with the intention of proving everyone wrong.
>Finds out about an ancient evil is stirring and the corrupt as fuck military is doing nothing to stop it.
>Gathers a bunch of ragtag adventurers and creates his own miniature army to combat the coming darkness.
>All from the back of his trusted spider mount Hickory.
>>
>>43729393

Not sue at all, I like it.

99% better then most Wizards who just want power or to uncover arcane secrets at least!

>>43731280

It seems cool but I'm questioning now much shadow running he really needs to do to buy one fucking motorcycle.
>>
>>43731592
Not too edgy, sword's engraving could be changed but its not anything cringeworthy and the concept is breddy gud. A bit plain/cliche but it's not bad.

>Swordsman that made a living off mercenary work
>Finds work ok, in business with a childhood friend and two other close friends
>Sent on a suicide mission due to amassing some fame for exploits
>Unit wiped out, childhood friend casts some unknown magic that barely saves him and the other two friends but disappears as a result
>Goes around hunting mages/searching for spellbooks for any clues while trying to maintain a low profile
>>
File: 34.jpg (248 KB, 640x965) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
248 KB, 640x965
>>43731377
Sounds like a fun character. However, depending on the setting's Dwarf culture, he could more than likely be a pariah among his people. He does sound like he has a simple mission, but to what end? What does he intend to do with the knowledge he obtains? Perhaps he is just gathering knowledge for knowledge's sake? Or does he wish to pass it along to others, becoming an instructor at the bard college?

A character I've been working on for a bit, but never had a chance to play:
> Chaotic Good Dragonborn Rogue
> Looked down upon in his clan for playing pranks on others, 'borrowing' small trinkets before later returning them, fighting dirty during sparring, and generally getting into trouble.
> Nonetheless still has his clan's beliefs of honor and glory drilled into his head, and refuses to lie.
> Left his clan's village both to heed the elder's wishes and to prove that even a 'no good scoundrel' is capable of great and noble deeds.
> Likes shiny things and has a habit of taking trophies from his marks, working to build his own horde; both for personal enjoyment and to show proof of his deeds.
> Plans to retire once the elders recognize him as a hero of their clan, but is going to live it up until then.
>>
>>43734860
9/10 would feel feels with
Really though, this is solid. I like the... unique mount. How are you playing his personality?

I've got one for a cyberpunk game: Seyeong Kim, knower of names and driver of anything with wheels.
>Born in the DPRK
>Was about 14 when the nation started to crumble, ran messages as a courier for rebel cells
>Family and most friends died in the war
>Moved to Hong Kong because Korea was a shithole
>Jumped around between odd jobs, plenty of them illegal
>Winds up a kept man to some CEO's wife, keeps working as a dealer and fixer on the side
>Being a people person has perks
>One night a team of runners comes after his mistress
>Seyeong is spared in the 'witness cleanup' because two of the runners actually know him pretty well
>Again, people person, perks
>One of the members, a former colonel, notes how remarkably unfazed Seyeong is by these turns of events and offers to take him on as part of a new outfit
>And so the real adventure begins

There are other details, but that's the layout of it.
>>
>>43735304
I think the best way to describe Alway would be the kid who stands up to the bullies on the playground. He believes wholeheartedly that you can do anything you can imagine if you simply work hard and, most importantly, believe in yourself.

He goes.completely out of his way to help those in need, once even going so far as to allow himself to be captured by the BBEG's lieutenant for a slim chance to rescue a group of prisoners.

As of last session however his rallying cries have turned into wails of sorrow. After finally getting the chance to fight alongside his brother he had to watch in horror as the BBEG, finally awoken from his slumber, split him gullet to groin.
>>
>>43731592
what is her motivation? why is she traveling around? She just goes around killing people but thinks of it is mercy killing?

Somehow even more sociopathic than the typical pen and paper murder hobo.
>>
File: 1447002971362.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1447002971362.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>43735083
>likely be a pariah among his people.
While he is a pariah among his people, he actually has a wife and two kids.
>He does sound like he has a simple mission, but to what end?
Essentially he wants to figure out why music has the effects it does, as opposed to the better understood arcane forces. Essentially he wants to find the fundamental theory of Bardin. He feels that he can no longer work on this theory with the accumulated knowledge the college has and has decided to go on an expedition to find different methods/ideologies of bardin in order to formulate the fundamental theory he seeks.
>What does he intend to do with the knowledge he obtains?
Bare minimum, have it stored in the College Library Archives. Each month, he mails his updates. If he has an instrument that he doesn't want to use, but wants to submit for more thorough research, he'll send it via courier.
>>
>>43723389
short fun story
>group is playing party of 4 vs PC BBEG
>BBEG backstory is he is revived after millennia
>also plays with emotions
>he was infamous for this, became known as something roughly known as "He Who Revealed Hearts"
>lost in translation
>"revealed' also was used for "making naked" in ancient language
>known as the Naked Sage now
>his weakness was "something that concealed/clothed hearts"
>lost in translation too
>first encounter, party tries to fight him with underwear

was a semi-comedic campaign but still fun
>>
Currently DMing my first 5e campaign and enjoying it, but I have a concept in mind if I ever get the chance to play.
>Half-orc bard, a fast-talking troublemaker in the employ of the Harpers
>Result of a dalliance between a legendary bardic hero, Dalen Stormsinger, and a female orc shaman
>Oddly, the Orc side of his family is where most of his familial bonds are- loud, overbearing, and they don't really 'get' his love of civilisation, but his mother and half-brothers care greatly for their wayward family
>On the other hand, he's met his father only once since he came of age, and even then only for a day. Stormsinger is a renowned spy and Harper agent who's constantly on the move, and a masterful charmer who avoids being tied down. Probably has a dozen or so bastards around the realms. Chaotic Good, but not that great a guy on a personal level.
>Joined the Harpers to try and prove himself to dear old dad, only to meet him once at an official ceremony and never since, resents him
>Stayed because as much as being reminded enrages him, he has the same love of danger and compulsion to do right that his father has
>Currently advancing the cause of the Harpers while searching for information regarding the current location of his father- he knows he's alive, but hasn't been seen or heard from in two years.
>>
>>43734960
Given that it's street scum rules and we've been paid in ways other than currency, I imagine it'll take a bit. Besides, it can't just be any motorcycle. It has to be the best motorcycle.
>>
Alexander Mason Scion of Zeus
>Librarian
>son of a prostitute
>mom used the library like a daycare
>track and weightlifting athlete in high school
>has an over sized gladius made from the same metal as prometheus' chains
>has several licenses and permits gained through the internet.
>>
>>43723389

Neutral/chaotic good Human rogue.

>Dashing, charismatic, gentleman adventurer.
>A bit thick, but good natured and funny.
>Carries a deep dark secret that he's a werewolf, turned by his edgy werewolf-lord father.
>its not a very well kept secret from anyone, because he's fucking thick.
>must deal with his inner beast once a month. He doesn't kill anyone, but it DOES rip up his fancy clothing if he's not careful.

Thanks to the present adventure, our party has been contacted by several gods to undergo several quests and great deeds.

>a firm non-believer. The dashing rogue shuts his eyes, covers his ears and refuses to acknowledge the existence of these gods that give quests and grant boons.
>insists that he is only helping his adventuring troupe with their quests for gods-that-aren't-there.
>for his great deeds, has become a patron of ONE of these gods, which agitates him to no end.
>>
>>43735905
I like it-enough drama and motivation to drive your character forward into the plot while enough of a stable background and npcs to keep him grounded. Being tied to the Harpers is also another plus to me-as a gm, it gives me more tools, as a player, it helps me know where your loyalties and morality lie.

No offense, but between the love of danger and daddy issues I'm kind of getting an international half-orc of mystery feel from him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN6MxLYB8hM
>>
File: Sparrow Cloudsmith Level 5.jpg (705 KB, 1495x1953) Image search: [Google]
Sparrow Cloudsmith Level 5.jpg
705 KB, 1495x1953
>>43723389
Lawful Good Avvan (Human with Wings) Trueblade (Monk with Sword and Battle Maneuvers)

Was told to leave his Utilitarianistic Monastery of Monks and go off of the Avvan floating sky continent to teach people Util. His Monastery was actually preparing for a large battle and decided he wasn't beneficial for anything (a level 1) so they sent him off.

Ironically just wants to be useful, so he's trying to spread the word of Util and become strong enough that he won't ever have to worry about killing somebody unnecessarily in a fight.

Loves bird puns, his real name is actually pretty normal.
>>
>>43726032
>>43728597
except that image actually is sideways
>>
My idea:
(No art yet, haven't managed to find any)

>Hugo "Anklebiter"
>Chaotic Good Halfling Barbarian

>Lived in a small halfling village as a kid, parents murdered by bandits
>Witness the murder from a hiding place
>Still a small kid, a tribe of nomadic barbarians found him in the forest
>Lots of ridicule from the tribe's kids for being a runt
>when he got older but never got bigger, the barbarians kicked him out for failing a rite of passage
>Live with travelling circus for a while and eventually get kicked out of that for being too violent
>Last drop was a "misunderstanding" where he beat up a wealthy patron, who had been acting mean and insulting the entire circus
>Spent time off at the circus training his fighting skills, and holding on to what the barbarians told him
>Decide to go adventuring, to prove himself and with a dim hope of one day avenging his parents
>Deep down he really wants to feel accepted
>Has tons of self irony regarding his size and generally has a positive outlook on life
>Enjoys fighting more than he would care to admit

Thoughts? Bit uncertain about whether the backstory is too much.

>>43730488
Sounds like an awesome character concept and a nice backstory, with some potential hooks for the DM.
Doesn't sound like there is much of a personality in that description, though
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.