[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird story thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 21
I think we should have a weird story thread. Not inherently ABOUT the game you are telling the story. More about the weird things players or people just in the area of the game that have happened.

Here's one that I feel is always relevant.
>Thursday night D&D running 5e
>2nd week as a dedicated DM
>Some guy comes in asking if he can run a different game. Store owner says ok
>Find out he's running Ponyfinder
>Store has a ban on MLP games because they devolve into what pony the players would fuck
>Kick him out for the night

Alright. It gets a little worse from here. Fast forward to next week.

>Brony shows up again
>Plays in the game where we shove the shitpiles. Fine by me
>He made a sorceress named "Princess Moonbeam"
>Asks if anyone wants to go to his mom's house to play Ponyfinder
>The game he is in consists of 9 players. The 28 yr old creeper DM and 7 high schoolers
>This guy is 36
>Store owner hears this and puts a stop to that shit ASAP
>Get's into a fucking rage knocking over an entire rack of 40k shit
>Next day his picture is on the "Do not let in store" list
>Have a good laugh when I see this sign
>Feel good I got the 40k shit at half price when some boxes were crushed

It was enraging helping the store owner pick all the shit up, but looking back this story is fucking hilarious. What makes people do this shit?
>>
>>43689725
>What makes people do this shit?

4chan, or rather the internet in general. It's a giant hugbox where these people can find others like themselves and convince themselves that the way they are is normal and acceptable and any problems their behavior causes is everyone else's fault... you know, instead of learning from the people around them through real interaction and adapting like most socially healthy people do.
>>
>>43689725

Dude just wants to play the game that he wants to play.

Imagine if you wanted to play DnD, but it was the height of the satantic panic so every time you tried to bring it up or get a game going everyone would get upset and call you a devil worshiper.

My group is thankfully free of pony nonsense, but I won't pretend that I don't understand why the dude would be frustrated. Its got to suck having a hobby that draws that kind of flak, especially since the guy seems to lack social awareness enough to recognize why inviting a bunch of highschoolers to his house is going to raise red flags.
>>
>>43690683
It would be like you wanted to play D&D at the height of the satanic panic, only fully one in three D&D games was actually about murdering babies for Satan.

I get why the guy could be put out, but it's really his own fault for wanting to fuck cartoon horses.
>>
>>43690683
>>43690509
Isnt the store owner stopping him from taking kids back to his house? I thought that was what this story was about.
>>
>be playing DnD 4e at local gameshop
>have a much older player in the group
>he stands up to go get a snack or something during break
>urine, urine everywhere

Is that a weird enough story? Or this one...

>go to DMs house because game shop was getting stingy about outside food
>DM makes spagett
>come back 3 months later
>spagett pot still in sink
>ecosystems had flourished
>>
>>43689725

Weird story is the edgelord player in my group who put a female bandit leader unconscious in a Fallout-ish setting (almost more like Apocalypse World's default setting, honestly). Instead of killing her, he severed her spine so that she can never walk again. Now he claims he's going to give her a new life in the village.

Aside from that, he also carries a stuffed frog with him and sticks it in other players' faces and goes "Ribbit" on occasion. He also plays broken-ass combos in our casual MTG games and insists that he came up with the deck himself when in reality it's all those combos that everyone knows about.

He also sampled blood from dead bandits for some reason, and tried to saw up furniture to take it with him and glue back together later.

I think he has autism but honestly I'm not sure.
>>
>>43689725
Once someone held out a wadded-up lump of tinfoil to me and said "futuristic poo!"
>>
>>43690754
That's a felony if I recall
>>
I feel bad for him while wanting to laugh at him.

Though he did remind me of the guy who wanted to play a Bear in an online My Little Pony game. The GM just had everyone run away from the bear player. In his defense, the Bear player had a long history of terrible That Guy.
>>
Go to Games by James for a 3.5 DnD. Get there early cause its only my second game but my first with this group and was hoping i could get someone in the group to help iron out kinks in the character sheet.
>drive up and see this random guy
>long blond hair in a ponytail
>trench coat
>balding
>looks around 30ish
>just sitting outside smoking
>looks kinda out of place
>shrug it off cause i've seen worse show up before
>walk past him
>its not a cigarette its one of those chalk candies
>didn't even know you could buy those anymore
>in the store
>nobody from the group is here
>walk around store
>admiring miniatures set up on battlefields and stuff in glass boxes and start up a conversation with the owner
>guys nice as hell and even helps me work out the problems with my character sheet
>group finally shows up
>everybody else was set so we all sit down
>trenchcoat guy walks up grabs a chair spins it around and flourishes his coat before sitting on it backwards style
>me and half the group are visibly confused
>dm says his brother copped out and this was his bro's buddy who wanted to join
>ooookay....?
>game actually was pretty fun for a bit and the guy actually roleplayed really well though i later learned what "metagaming" meant
>finale after a few good hours of gaming
>bbeg manages to kill trenchcoat then me before the party put him down
>entire time trenchcoat is quiet
>guy just mumbles
"Do it over."
Dm:"what?"
"do. It. over! I didn't die! I NEVER die!"
>owners coming over to see whats going on now
>dm's trying to calm the guy down
>somebody says
"Its just a game, guy."
>guy explodes and flips the table
"Its not a game! Its not!"
>trenchcoat pulls out a gun
>see him pull the trigger right before owner tackles the guy to the ground
>get hit with water to the face
>cops get called while the owner is chokeholding this guy
>cops arrest him
>guy gets 50 days in jail for 5th degree assault and i get 2 years of therapy
>>
>>43690683
>>43690751
You two should probably read
>>43690754
>>43690868

The guys a creep. Always wears pony shirts, tries to get everyone to play pony games, and hangs out with the teenagers along with creepy DM. I have the teenager that these guys creep on in my group, to protect her from the other ones. There's at least one of these types of guys in the other 3 groups, and we don't need some rape case caused by the store. All of them live with their parents, which is pretty funny.

I mean shit, I live with my in-laws, but that's because my wife is a full-time student and we can't afford to live 100% on our own with my shitty wages.
>>
File: warning.jpg (192 KB, 800x654) Image search: [Google]
warning.jpg
192 KB, 800x654
>>43691406
Hoo-boy. The trenchcoat and pony tail should have been a warning.

Do game stores in the US frisk customers for weapons?
>>
File: fuck your shit.gif (861 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
fuck your shit.gif
861 KB, 300x169
It's not too weird, but still.
>DM tells me to prep a character for a 3.5 D&D game
>On roll20, first game there
>Says I can run pretty much anything if I can tell him where in the splatbooks to find it
>Go to great lengths for several weeks to work on a character concept I wanted to play
>Doesn't actually tell any of the players what anyone else is planning, though
>I'm worried it'll be all wizards because 3.5
>Calls me up about a week before our planned first session to tell us he was actually going to run 5e
>Still doesn't tell anyone what anyone else is playing
>End up with a beastmaster ranger and a cleric who refuses to prepare healing spells
>Not to mention a paladin and a fiend pact warlock
>mfw
>>
File: 139596815717.png (743 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
139596815717.png
743 KB, 1366x768
>>43691406
i don't even...please tell me it's a lie, people like this can't be real.
>>
>>43691406
Damn bro
>>
>>43690509
Yup these people need to learn that one should never ever bring their fetishes into public because no one wants to see or hear that shit. And this is coming from from someone else with weird and sick shit .
>>
File: Colbert-wtf.gif (493 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
Colbert-wtf.gif
493 KB, 500x252
>>43691406
My question is why.

Like, a bajillion times WHY.
>>
File: 0fb.jpg (114 KB, 564x314) Image search: [Google]
0fb.jpg
114 KB, 564x314
>>43690843
That's not autism, that's someone trying way too damn hard to be QUIRKY~!
>>
>>43690843
>and tried to saw up furniture to take it with him and glue back together later

As someone who used to professionally restore antique furniture, this enrages me.
>>
>>43692352
I really hope you haven't read Roald Dahl's short stories, then...
>>
>>43692668
I think I read one of his adult novels. I remember being unimpressed.
>>
>>43692711
I mentioned it because of this particular story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parson%27s_Pleasure_(short_story)
>>
File: 17my0d97x73fejpg.jpg (32 KB, 364x579) Image search: [Google]
17my0d97x73fejpg.jpg
32 KB, 364x579
>>43692668
Probably want to stay away from Iain M Banks's Use of Weapons too.
>>
>>43692352
Does it enrage you when people sit on it? I never got people who fancy things not old enough to be in a museum but not new enough to be used for their intended purpose without fear of messing them up.
>>
>>43689725
There's this asshole that always tries to be edgy when we're playing. I consider it more plain annoying than weird, but here it is anyway:

>roleplaying with friends
>the bastard is there too
>every fucking time the group gets to a new neighborhood, he begins "looking around for local prostitutes"
>I preemptively inform after describing the area: "...and no, there are no hookers around"
>I ask them what to do next
>faggot shouts "RAPE THE FIRST FEMALE IN SIGHT!"
>mutualcringe.jpg
>I say "play it properly, asshole"
>he replies "I'm doing that right now and I want my character to rape the first female in sight! So tell me, does she run away or fight?"
>decide I should fuck around with him: "the first female in sight is a 70 years old poop-smelling sickened lady with gonorrhea."
>awkward silence
>".....so, does she run away or fight?"

Fucking bastard.
>>
>>43693387
That's when you add
>"She's also a level 86 paladin/wizard/cleric/druid with levels in deity."
>"And yes, she fights. Roll initiative."
>>
File: 1446681183538.png (190 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
1446681183538.png
190 KB, 373x327
>>43693387
I'd just ask him to leave and say nothing until he does.
>>
>>43689725
>Planning D&D 5th game with friends.
>One friend asks if his co worker can join in on the game
>Sure, Alright
>Friend comes by
>Seems alright, kinda chill
>Then the rape jokes start
>Every few minutes
>Not even a joke, just saying we should rape whatever it is we're talking about
>Trying not to say anything but getting really tough
>Finally make it through, don't even bring it up, glad its over
>Few months later, friend asks if he can join for another game, says he'll do better
>Fine
>Literally 5 minutes into seeing him again, rape joke
No one can be this...like..goddammit.
>>
>>43691406
Did DM died or what? Why 2 years of therapy?
>>
>>43689725
I don't understand why the owner tried to stop a game that wasn't being played at his store.
>>
>>43693756
Traumatic experience from almost getting shot. Dm's fine cause he ran almost immediately while i froze up.
>>
>>43694280
If it wasn't clear the gun was a water gun shaped like an actual gun.
>>
>>43693387
>>".....so, does she run away or fight?"
To be fair, I would have responded with this as well.
>>
>>43694311
Glad you cleared that up, the water thing was a bit misleading. Glad it wasn't a real one though.
>>
>>43694311
People like this deserve getting shot by police.
>>
File: clyde frog.jpg (43 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
clyde frog.jpg
43 KB, 320x240
>>43690843
>>
File: 1445037951657.jpg (18 KB, 327x457) Image search: [Google]
1445037951657.jpg
18 KB, 327x457
>>43691406
holy shit

please tell me this is made up, I refuse to believe people could make it through life while pulling this kind of shit
>>
>>43689725

This happened yesterday. Pizza guy a fat neck ears type is no shit wearing leather bracers. I ask him if he was a fencer. He said no he had a old injury. Then launches into a story about how he beat up 5 skinheads that were trying to rape a girl at a concert. I just kind of nod along hoping he will finish and leave. Hell I gave him a $7 tip on 2 larges.

He looks in the door and sees the full D&D table with minis and map and Adam screen. He asks in one excited breath you guys playing RPGs? Looking for another player. Nope I say. Thank you as I close the door. Shudder

Love the game hate most of the fan base?
>>
>>43695763
He probably thought it would be a funny joke because he saw something similar on a comedy show and didn't realize real life isn't a sketch
>>
>>43695908
I feel you man, I love D&D but hate the weird greasy neckbeards it tends to attract.
>>
>>43694311
>water gun
>shaped like real gun

uh huh...
>>
>>43696374
http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis/1985/larami_uzi.php

yup
>>
>>43696374
Could have been worse.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d99)

>>43693465
This is her roll, no yeah.
>>
>>43696717
im just more surprised theres basically a wikia for fuckin water guns
>>
>>43691448
>All of them live with their parents, which is pretty funny.
>I mean shit, I live with my in-laws, but that's because blah blah blah
Don't you realize how stupid you sound?

Also
>has a wife
>but can't provide for her
You fail as a man.
>>
>>43697953
Maybe he's in a rough spot right now? People get laid off all the time.
>>
>>43698182

Stop enabling dame ningen desu, senpai.
>>
>>43691604
Usually game stores in the US don't expect customers to be carrying weapons.
>>
>>43691406

ITT: shit that never happened, and /tg/ falling for it
>>
>>43698620
I love this meme.
>>
File: Alligators.png (543 KB, 1185x592) Image search: [Google]
Alligators.png
543 KB, 1185x592
>>43689725
So I move to a new city for university, I used to have a weekly session back in my hometown and I'd been trying to find something to fill my time.
>Find the FLGS, smaller than I'm used to but they have a backroom.
>Neat.
>After talking with the store owner he says that there are two starting up.
>Neato Burrito.
>I get passed a book by a GM listening in...
>I can't remember the name of it, but the splash art had a anthro-wolfman with centaur/wolf body covered in futuristic armour.
>...dafuq.
>My first thoughts went exactly where yours went, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he liked how the system worked, so I gave it a read.
>No human race, just furries.

>So once the players were assembled we go in the backroom, he gives us an over-view of character creation, to not feel weird I chose to be an alligator man, because no one fucks with an alligator. and we get to "mutations".
>Blahblah everyone is genetically diverse you can have a centaur body or dog-like legs oh and if you have two tails you are sexy.
>fuckin' wut.
>Oh yeah blahblah society blahblah two tails makes you more attractive.

Now I figured he was just giving us all the options and that's fine, if we want to do that than whatever and he was reading from the flavour text, but then the GM pulled out his laptop.

>From top to bottom, MLP and other various anthro stickers all over the back of his laptop.

I played a single game and haven't went back since.
>>
>>43690843
>He also plays broken-ass combos in our casual MTG games and insists that he came up with the deck himself when in reality it's all those combos that everyone knows about.
But has he pulled off the Great Pete Venters Combo?
>>
File: lizard aligator bard.jpg (168 KB, 758x522) Image search: [Google]
lizard aligator bard.jpg
168 KB, 758x522
>>43699379
A game can have anthro furry people. No big deal, my only problem is that your average furry sexualizes everything.
If not for that, it would be great. Sorta like the purge planet in Rick and Morty. Looked pass the fact that they were all cat people and didnt blink once

also, Big tooth lizard folk
>>
>>43698620
Might actually be true, Games By James is in Minnesota, which is the only place in the country that has a fifth degree assault charge, and it is punishable by up to 90 days in jail.

However I can't imagine a DA actually going ahead with an assault case against a guy for theatrically pulling out a water gun during a game of pretend. Especially not in a city of >30k, in which all Games By James are located.
>>
>>43698441
>United States of America in the year of our lord 2015
>not expecting someone to be carrying a gun
>>
>>43699832
Problem is if it's a water gun that looks almost identical to a real gun, then you're going to be fucked since it seems like you were really threatening their life(until you actually pull the trigger).

I know police have shot people with realistic water guns because they can't just wait for them to pull the trigger in case it's not a real gun.
>>
>>43695908
>>43696032
This so much. I haven't played in about 4-5 months and I'm really missing it, but I'm terrified of trying to find a group at my school for fear of the types of people I may accidentally associate myself with.
It's a pretty lame situation that I really wish I had a safe solution to.
>>
>GM just finished binging slice of life animus
>"Hey guys it's gonna be an rp heavy campaign!"
>I shudder, but...
>We play as a group of adventurers based in a colony trying to civilize lost and forgotten lands.
>Basically a mix of slice of life and dungeon crawl.
>It's also a good excuse to test our homebrew.
>It... was actually creative.
>Raiding a dungeon one day
>Ranger almost makes a killshot on a lowly goblin.
>Priestess wants it to end peacefully.
>Talks them both out of it.
>Finds out goblin is serving evil wizard.
>Later on, they meet the wizard and battle.
>Halfway through, priestess makes an absurdly high diplomacy roll and ends the battle with words.
>Wizard is sorry for his unspecified crimes and ordering goblins around.
>We think it's just good rp and the wizard will be forgotten.
>(In game) weeks pass.
>Wizard makes a return, stalks the priestess.
>Priestess goes to pray at an old altar erected during the old days of the colony.
>Wizard pops out.
>She's scared but the wizard actually confesses his love to her.
>They begin seeing in secret.

(1/2)
>>
>>43700270

>More time passes
>Slice of life finally gets a plot
>Colony is actually erected on an old civilization's ruins
>Someone's trying to revive it and control them.
>First suspect is the wizard for some reason.
>They track him down.
>He's in some old ruins.
>Party rogue is off treasure hunting whilst we confront him.
>He confesses he isn't the bad guy and has changed to make priestess love him
>Even lost all his evil powers, making him much weaker
>Rogue is a dirty minmaxer who has absurd sneak attack bonuses.
>He sneaks in, not having heard the wizard's innocence.
>Just as the wizard and priestess hug...
>Rogue attacks from the shadows with some magic weapon he found
>Actually rolled pretty low (14 or 15) but his bonuses and the weaker wizard, as well as the weapon...
>Basically shit was stacked against him
>The shot kills him instantly
>Shot tears through the wizard into the priestess
>Both die in each other's arms

It was pretty heartbreaking, really. The campaign ended soon after when they tracked down the evil and vanquished it. I'm not sure if the rogue, who ic wasn't nearby but ooc heard everything, was either being meta and an asshat or in character.
>>
>>43691643
It sounds like you're the unreasonable one for expecting all clerics to be built as healers and getting upset at other people's class choices. DM suddenly switching edition like that would be annoying, but learn to let other people make the types of characters they want to, man.
>>
>>43700370
Playing the cleric sends a certain message. There are players, especially new ones who haven't learned the social cues, who don't realize that they'll piss people off if they play a cleric but just swing a mace around and never help their fellow party members get up from unconsciousness. If you ask the cleric's player whether he's going to actually do his job, you get snapped at. Thus the miscommunication continues.
>>
>>43699629
Yeah, a game with beastmen like in Gurren Lagann would be swanky as fuck.
>>
>>43699938
>Problem is if it's a water gun that looks almost identical to a real gun,
That's the only thing that makes it even rise to the level of assault in the fifth.

The DA is not going to waste time and money (let alone jail space) on a guy who pulled out a water pistol during a game of pretend. If there isn't an actual weapon, it isn't related to a domestic, or nobodies bleeding most DA's won't move forward on anything over disorderly conduct. Unless, of course, this is a recurring problem with the guy.

On the flip side, if someone at the table had shot him before it was apparent it was a water pistol, they would have been in the clear.
>>
I once had the weirdest case of an almost-"That Guy" new player.

Basically, he was doing all the classic shit - playing a surly dual-wielding half-elf ranger who's all dark and manipulative and cool and dickish - but the player himself was the nicest guy ever, and a completely unconvincing roleplayer. Like, the warlock would fuck up, and he'd go

>Ok, so just so you know, this next thing I'm going to say isn't actually me, ok? It's just my character talking to your character, I don't actually mean it, I'm not saying it to you.
>You're a fucking idiot.
>I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it. Are you ok?

It was like he wanted to play at being an asshole but he was so goddamn nice he couldn't even pretend.
>>
>>43700922
That's pretty cute desu baka senpai
>>
>>43700922
That's pretty funny. I can kind of understand his concern, though, given how some people really do take things way too personally sometimes, when it comes to things people say in-character.
>>
>>43699629
I've never understood that whole distinction. Why ruin a perfectly good game with a fetish anyway, yeah i get it, its what you're into. But if you're looking for kicks go surf for porn, don't ruin a fun story thats escapism for others.
>>
>>43700033
>It's a pretty lame situation that I really wish I had a safe solution to.

Just try it for a session or two and see how it goes.
>>
>>43700540
>being this self entitled

GM was wrong for not letting everyone in on what everyone else was playing, but clerics don't have to be pigeonholed into being a healer.

That's like saying you can't play an intelligent, dexterity based barbarian or non-wildshaping druid because it goes against stereotype.
>>
>>43701384
Agreed. I'm playing a Death domain cleric in the campaign I'm currently in, and I have 1 healing spell. I'd be put to better use spending my turn doing something else. I'll still use Cure Wounds in extremely dire situations or out of combat if other party members don't have enough hit die left, but the party, as a whole, doesn't expect me to healbot for them.

>>43700540
When you say it "sends a certain message," I think what you're really saying is that you choose to perceive it that way. There are definitely plenty of people who don't "receive" that message, and I'd rather play with them, to be honest. Getting mad at people for choosing to play warlocks or paladins for some mysterious reason just further paints a negative image of you.
>>
>>43690788
I find the second one funny. I wouldn't eat there again though.
>>
>>43694217
Because a creepy adult was trying to bring teens to his house? Might be that maybe?
>>
>>43700706
Police have shot and killed people over realistic water pistols.

Even if they don't charge him with something that high, it's going to egt him in some legal trouble.
>>
>>43690683
you know people like this are always loud though. you think its good for a business focused on social interaction to have neckbeards loudly talking about shit like that.

also, no one wants to be told "you can't do that here" but wrecking the store's merchandise? and not even having to pay for what he broke apparently? that guy deserved a lot worse than what he got. good riddance to him
>>
Rolled 92, 74, 43, 21, 6, 6, 93, 32, 85, 9 = 461 (10d100)

>>43697387
>"Alright, she goes first"
>rolls related
>"tough break, now beat it"
>>
>>43699629
The best part about animals or beast characters are the skills they get for existing, like most animals having claws, reptiles having scales and what not. You can also have fun control of where they're from like your pic. I see that gator as someone who favors the quiet solitary life in the deep south, scaring trespassers out of swamp. Generic, but if you mix it up you can really get in the nitty gritty. The large beast like animals like gators and bears are the best, with quite a bit of variety.
>>
>>43700295
>>43700270
Pretty interesting and comfy until the end.

Would play and watch animu of/10
>>
File: HSD core cover.png (1 MB, 705x899) Image search: [Google]
HSD core cover.png
1 MB, 705x899
>>43699379
Was it Hc Svnt Dracones?
>>
>>43701906
Das some furry shit right there
>>
>>43701638
>Police have shot and killed people over realistic water pistols.
Which is neither here nor there.

There isn't enough money in the DA's coffers to pursue ever case to its utmost. If they go after some 30 year old neckbeard with a water pistol that means they don't have the resources to deal with heroin dealer #36. I've arrested people for actually attacking elected officials, and they fucking walked. No visible injuries, no case to pursue, at most they get a slap on the wrist.
>>
>>43701906
>body portion is at least as big as the centaur half
>1/4 of centaur half weight is on the humanoid side
>add bulky armor and a heavy as fuck minigun
That things going to take one step and faceplant.
>>
>>43702394
Theres laws that make it a legit case since the early 2000's. if its a fake gun it has to have an orange bit on the end to tell you its fake. They can't even sell those old fap guns anymore unless they're made entirely out of orange plastic. Brandishing it without that orange bit puts you under assault for threatening bodily harm as the victim party has no idea its real or not. We had a lot of shit a while back where kids were getting shot cause they aimed toy guns without the orange bit at cops or some kid aimed a paintball gun without the barrel plug in so to the cop it looked like an M16 in the dark. It doesn't help our cops are sketchy.
>>
>>43691604

That is exactly why I keep a .38 in my character sheet and dice box.
>>
>>43702448
Meant cap* guns. Damn tiny phones and flat thumbs.
>>
>>43702452
That might go under illegal concealment. No idea why its fine if its on your body with an easy pull holster and no safety but heaven forebid its in a box you have to unlatch and move shit out of the way to get too.
>>
>>43702467

In this state I can be too drunk to drive but sober enough to operate a handgun. I'm pretty good law wise if I want to keep a gun in a box instead of my pants.
>>
>>43702690
Nice.
>>
>>43702448
Did anybody try painting real guns with orange in order to carry them somewhere?

I mean that would obviously get busted if anybody else holds it, but did anybody try?
>>
>>43701256
Social disability making them think that everybody must be into it if they just SEE.
Plus a little degree of "why are you playing a story with other people, why not just write it on your own" - roleplaying with other people is more fun, and they want that fun. That's why I ERP (in appropriate places) rather than write fapfics, see.
>>
>>43703923
Not that i know of. We do have CC and any place that doesn't allow guns would check it so you'd be found out pretty quick. Our cops tend to shoot if you aim anything gun shaped at them as well evidenced by the numerous cases of toy guns leading to cops shooting kids.
>>
File: mansionsparrow.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
mansionsparrow.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43699629
>>43701813
I'm playing Palladium's old TMNT game from the 80's. It's janky as hell but we're having fun. I strictly enforced the random character generation rules so nobody got to pick what species they were. I think that reduced the potential for someone playing something that turned them on.

The rules for mutations are weird as fuck, too. You don't get any human traits by default; you have to buy them with points. You also use points to bring your size up or down, and there's no limit no matter what your starting size was. Oh yeah, and psychic powers are so cheap that telepathic speech costs less than normal human speech. So our party includes a completely non-humanoid 70-pound psychic sparrow.
>>
>>43701906
>post-human
>only 4 legs
>only 2 arms
>nor a perfect with alabaster skin and a physique that would make the Greeks look DYEL
It's shit
>>
>>43702399
>>43701906

I can't believe that the main grievance I have with this cover is the impractical armor. The boobplate and completely exposed midriff should be nothing compared to the stupidity of everything else, but it's what I'm mad at right now.
>>
>>43704260
This actually sounds pretty neat
>>
>>43705329
There is a pdf: https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1366/69/1366697023899.pdf
>>
>>43705445
>https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1366/69/1366697023899.pdf
Bless you anon
>>
>>43705464
You can repay me by rolling 2d100
>>
Rolled 87, 51 = 138 (2d100)

>>43705478
Here you go, anon
>>
>>43705502
Okay, according to the rules you have to play an elephant. Good choice.
>>
>>43697953
>You fail as a man.

I remember being 15. You should probably leave the board before you get banned for being underage.
>>
>>43702394
>>43700706
>>43699832
>I can't imagine a DA actually going ahead with an assault case against a guy for theatrically pulling out a water gun during a game of pretend
To this anon and any others interested.
I had a thought.
I can see this guy getting arrested, because if the cops are called for a guy pulling a gun in a store frequented by minors and the store owner is physically restraining him, an arrest is just going to happen.
I had a friend once get arrested for not walking away fast enough.
Since it was technically a form of assault, the guy had to go to court.
And Anon is probably right, the DA was not going to put any effort into this guy.

But I have seen three times, twice in person, an individual talk themselves into trouble in front of a judge.
One nightmare from /pol/ was over and done with but was fussing with clerk so much that the judge called him back and took his licence.

If trenchcoat guy existed and went before a judge, what are the chances that he gave the judge the proper respect?
What are the chances he still wore the trenchcoat?
And, what are the chances he talked himself into a much harsher sentence than he normally would have?
>>
>>43705566
From what I recall if you're a bigger base animal you can trade your size for more points to spend.

There's an expanded version built into Heroes Unlimited, which means you can toss in some of the superpowers from that. Bear in mind that Palladium RPGs are *universally* janky, so that might end up tipping things too far based on what sorts of powers get tossed in.

Still, it can be quite fun with the right GM to know when to disregard cumbersome and arcane rules.
>>
>>43701906
God fucking damnit. I'm working on a RPG game and I'm calling it Hic Sunt Dracones, and oh, look, the same name has been already misused for a furry waste of a game.
Seriously, fuck everything.
>>
>>43709279
Furries ruin everything.
>>
File: native tear.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
native tear.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>43709301
>>43709279
>tfw I want to play Ironclaw because 1600-1700s with animal people sounds like it could be fun, plus I've heard the system is good
>but everyone will knee-jerk hate the suggestion because furries
>>
>>43705969
>One nightmare from /pol/ was over and done with but was fussing with clerk so much that the judge called him back and took his licence.
You've got to be an idiot to fuss with the clerk, in a lot of places that's the judge's wife.
>>
File: TommieSmithAP276.jpg (19 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
TommieSmithAP276.jpg
19 KB, 460x276
>Start new group at local RPG community
>Going to play Nwod Vampire in Los Angeles during the 80s
>Fat neckbeard joins and wants to play a gangbanger
>Sure! I imagine some over the top nigga’ named Easy-E or something
>Comes back with Latino gangster nicknamed ‘’Cougar’’
>Because he is a good climber/ knows parkour
>Think it’s a meta-joke. That the character doesn’t get that his name is ridiculous and everyone around him is too afraid to say anything.
>Nope, the player is just stupid
> Cougar dresses like Michael Jackson and uses a bow and arrow ‘’because my father taught me’’
>Archery being common in LA.
>The campaign is going fine but I finally tell him to change his name and explains why.
>He looks confused but agrees to change it
>Comes back next meeting
>’’My character nickname is Black panther’’
>mfw
An extra nice touch was when, during a mission to Central America, he referred to the natives as ‘’His people’’. You know being Spanish and all that. Maybe not all that weird but I’ve never met anyone whose knowledge about the world was sooooo limited. He did love ninjas though and claimed that katanas are unbeatable.
But now when I think about it it does seems like many players I’ve met have very little knowledge about history and the humanities in general…
>>
>>43706828
Yeah, the really big animals get an unfair advantage over smaller ones. Smaller ones are supposed to get more points to start with to balance things out, but the size at which you start with zero points is below the upper size limit. Once you're, say, horse-sized, everything larger than that still starts with zero points but is also bigger than you, which they can trade for free points.
>>
>>43706828
And when you actually want complex rules, there's nothing. Like how to use a skill untrained if it's something you really ought to be able to try untrained. And I still don't know how to handle determining whether you spot someone sneaking up on you (What if you both succeed, or both fail?) and this is a serious problem in a game about ninjas.
>>
>>43709721

>claimed that katanas are unbeatable

nothingstrangehere.jpg

>But now when I think about it it does seems like many players I’ve met have very little knowledge about history and the humanities in general…

I've known both, but it isn't wrong to err on the side of "you don't have a firm grasp on reality" with majority of RPGers.
>>
>>43710246
>I've known both, but it isn't wrong to err on the side of "you don't have a firm grasp on reality" with majority of RPGers.
True. My experience probably stem from me living in a student city. Some of the more ''special'' people think there is a feud between the technical departments and the humanities and thereby refuse to learn anything that's outside of their comfort zone.
>>
>>43709702
>You've got to be an idiot to fuss with the clerk, in a lot of places that's the judge's wife.
This guy was a classic idiot.
He was loudly complaining in the line to see the DA about how cops should get real jobs that "build up society instead tear it down" like him, a teacher.
>>
>>43691406
>I see him pull the trigger before the store owner tackled him
Why isn't one of your buddy's missing a chunk of his cranium?
>50 days for 5th degree assault
>50 days
>5th degree assault
Yeah okay this is complete bullshit.
>>
>>43710339
The problem is there IS a feud. It just started when idiots thought there was a feud in the first place so they MADE it a feud. You've never seen vicious until you've seen the Technology courses fighting the History courses for funding in a school thats suffered major setbacks.
>>
>>43711453
wait a sec I just re-read it, ignore the trigger comment.

But still, 5th degree assault? I thought assault was only in 4 degrees.
>>
>>43711453
If you read further down i realised i was vague a bit. It was a water gun shaped like a pistol. In minnesota 5th degree assault is threatening harm and can lead to upwards of 90 days jail time. He only got jail cause i was a minor and that if it was a real gun i would have been dead.
>>
>>43698182
Then he shouldn't talk shit about people living with their parents. What, the economy is only bad for him, or something? And for pony-loving autists it's somehow great?

The guy sounds like a creep alright, but he's also clearly disturbed. It kind of renders OP's question moot, too. Being an autist makes him do that shit.
>>
>>43701384
>That's like saying you can't play an intelligent, dexterity based barbarian or non-wildshaping druid because it goes against stereotype.
These are (in most editions) way worse than a cleric that doesn't heal. A cleric has other spells, those are just straight up deciding "I'm going to take a class and not use most of its class features".
>>
>>43709279
>oh no someone stole the name for my totally original do not steal P&P RPG I won't ever finish and no-one will ever play

And this enabling faggot >>43709301

This pisses me off more than that cover. At least the furfags made their game, instead of whining about technicalities on /tg/. Just think up another pretentious Latin name, faggot. How hard is it?
>>
I've posted this before but it was just so damn annoying.
>Zombie RPG.
>Custom campaign set in Japan.
>Players were Foreigner about to leave before the outbreak,
>Woman police officer that struggles to keep her uniform in order as it gives her an anchor to keep from going insane
>A middle age, overweight salary man swinging around a discount katana joyfully taking revenge on the zombified society that ruined his chances of ever getting a promotion
>Yankee gangster that hates killing people, even if they're zombified because on the inside he's a big softie
>Then there's the weeaboo who plays a loli goth girl that crams words like 'moe', 'kawaii', 'kowai', and 'eeeeeeeh' into everything his character says.
>Yes. HIS character.

I realize that having a Japan setting, that this was going to be inevitable but it doesn't make it any less painful when it happened.
>>
>>43711702
Wow. Somebody's buttblasted we're complaining about furries. Wonder why....
>>
>>43711702
Because that pretentious latin name was 'Here be Dragons' a term for uncharted territory to invoke a sense of adventure. And it's been taken for a game with a panther taur on the cover...
>>
File: Half_Orc_Paladin.jpg (47 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Half_Orc_Paladin.jpg
47 KB, 200x200
>>43712104
Cry some more. Some ideas are so obvious that someone else will take them soon if you do't move your ass. Learn some Latin and call it something else.

tfw the only use I've had for a Classics major is to come up with cool slogans for organizations in my campaigns
>>
>>43701906
Honestly I'm so burned out with the traditional systems like GURPS and FATE and D&D that I'd give this a try.
>>
>>43701906
Link?
>>
>>43712353
Be sure to give us the details. Like how long before you curled into a ball and started crying.
>>
>>43712504
I dunno, with players who aren't taking it too seriously or getting off on it, it'd be at least tolerable.
>>
>>43712491
I'm trying to post it but 4chan is marking it as spam. Let me try again.

http://bfy.tw /2rYP
>>
>>43712295
Calm down fella, a game with a panthertaur cover took a name that would have been cooler for his game, he can be pissed for a bit
>>
>>43691406
>>43711453
>get hit with water to the face
I believe anon meant trench coat had a water gun that looked like real gun. This caused no damage but was scary as all hell.
>>
>>43712491

https://mega.nz/#!xB4kCIJQ!-YDuMz6FMJ8mZsnkUMKocljHb68tgID7VD_OcgJLv_4
>>
>>43712504
You honestly think I'd find a group to play with on a obscure system with a fucking half-Panther beast lady on the front? Well, if 4channers would like to try I'd actually be able to.
>>
>>43712104

And literally what is stopping them from using that term for their game? What even made them use Latin? Shouldn't they name a game based on the language it's written in, so that the reference is something everyone can understand?
>>
>>43712613
I bet you could if you phrased it the right way. Maybe if yo said you were getting a group together to play various RPGs for a few sessions and then review them on a website or podcast. People may hate playing bad games, but they love reviewing them.

I bet you could even get people to play World of Synnibarr that way.
>>
>>43712608
It isn't opening. Can you find a PDF version that doesn't require that website?
>>
>>43711480
Minnesota has assault down to the fifth degree. It's a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail.
>>
>>43712777

How's this one?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/m8jbjxi3zeabgkz/Hc_Svnt_Dracones.pdf
>>
>>43693008
For fuck's sake you goddamn heathen, use a fucking coaster!
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (57 KB, 565x355) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
57 KB, 565x355
>>43712608
>>43712891
>>43712491
Oh god, it's so bad. And not just because it has furries in it; it's just badly drawn.
>>
>>43712650
>What even made them use Latin?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_be_dragons#History
Learn some culture you swine.
>>
>>43712938
The fuck am I looking at? A giant sundial?
>>
>>43712938
Eh. Not every system will have stellar art to accompany it. I can tell what they're drawing so I think that's a good sign. Anyone wanna start a game on roll20 for it?
>>
>>43712891
I'm on mobile (iPhone) and it's a nightmare navigating that PDF. I'll wait till I get home to read it.
>>
>>43712938

I'll just assume that the link works, then? There's more for it, pre-generated adventures I think, and and map pack.
>>
>>43713011

There is no virtue in deliberately making it harder for an audience to know what you're talking about. There's zero reason to use the Latin version of the phrase outside of pretentiousness, both from a marketing and a cool factor standpoint.
>>
>>43709279

>oh, look, the same name has already been misused

Can you be any more passive aggressive about it?

>misused

You don't own phrases, fuck off

>seriously, fuck everything

If the sole merit of your game was its title and it is completely irredeemable without one Latin phrase, you have bigger problems. Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
>>43713095
It's supposed to be like that city in Deus Ex, but the perspective is so bad that the city's on an upsettingly steep incline.
>>
>>43703982
I guess i can understand that, but you advertise it as such, you dont just shove it in.
Like a gentleman, you dont just cram your cock in and hammer away, you tell them first, then hammer away.
>>
>>43697953
Look at all this edge
>>
>>43698441
My state is shall issue for concealed carry. There's a LOT of people who walk around with guns in my area.

I don't get it personally. Most of the time they just wind up accidentally shooting themselves in the gut or confusing the mailman for a home invader and shooting in the air at him.

But I've played mtg and DnD with people who were armed.
>>
I recently had to leave a group because I couldn't justify playing with a party that acted like that. Essentially what occurred was I was told it'd be fairly light hearted. Not knowing the other player's characters I built a TN buffing/crafting wizard, as I thought it fits pretty much every party and was fairly innocuous.

Things went to shit from here. First of all people expected when getting magic items from me that I pay the material cost. I told them that a wand of cure light wounds was for party use, not just my own, and that they requested it. They refused to pay in so I decided not to make it, they threw a fit. Someone asked me to upgrade their armor, and wouldn't pay me the gold for materials, the DM then made me pay the gold for upgrading his gear. I have no idea people even did this, it floored me.

Next they would request buffs, then get angry when I ran out. They seemed to have no concept that I had limited resources I was working it and couldn't buff all of them all the time.

This prompted my character being called useless, normally by whoever I didn't have a buff for at the time.

I was the only one with any int based skills as well, no one had knowledges besides me except the rogue with knowledge local. I was also the only person with spellcraft and linguistics. I ended up being the translator, knowledge monkey, and item crafter.

I tried. I FUCKING tried to play that game, but after a while I just couldn't fucking take it. I ended up turning on the party, then getting kicked from the game by the GM after having my character taken over by him. I haven't looked back since.
>>
>>43713330
>There is no virtue in deliberately making it harder for an audience to know what you're talking about.
It's hard only if you are an ignorant pleb. Your dissatisfaction is commendable, because it shows it does its job at keeping the likes of you away
>>
>>43714244
furry detected

going into alert mode
>>
>>43720885

Unless your ttrpg is a slice of life set in ancient Rome, appeasing the family Lar and getting wrapped up in civic politics, there's no reason to try reducing your audience to those who are passingly fluent in a dead language.
>>
>>43700540
The only time I expect clerics to heal a lot is if they get an attitude like
>>waaagh! I'm in trouble due to my own stupidity, halp!
>>Hey you can't defend yourself from be hitting you, I'm the healer

If someone wants the protection that being a healbot brings then they better be real fucking generous with the healing
>>
>>43701525
People can play warlocks or paladins, and that's fine. But when there is both a paladin and a fiend's accomplice in the same party, that's a sign that they weren't communicating when they rolled up characters.

Also, fuck, you're preparing the wrong healing spell. If you're going to try to kill things every turn as a cleric, you can at least prepare Healing Word so that you can get people up from 0HP without spending your action and without moving next to them. It's never been easier to be a cleric who does the bare minimum of party first aid, so the people who won't even do that have no excuse.
>>
>>43703923
>>43704139

Yes there is some asshole in Tennessee who tries provoke law enforcement into arresting him various weapons charges so he can get settlements on legal technicalities. He pulled a stunt where he was open carrying a real AK "pistol" with a orange painted tip in a state park.

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2009/12/30/open-carry-incidents/
>>
>>43713153
Eh, if we doin' this I'm up for it, not sure about throwing it up on Roll20 tho. Unless you want legit furries to sign up.
>>
>>43722206
This. You got the perfect healing spell and if your not gonna use it when we need it because you just don't feel like it you're a terrible player and a detriment to any group.
>>
>>43704260
That's how anthropomorphic games should be played, not these idiotic sexual fantasies.

TMNT and After the Bomb are great games, well designed with zillions of options for players. And they were the last time the Palladium system made any sense.
>>
>>43722417
I dunno. If we ask around here and then form the group on roll20 and only invite those players to the game it'd be fine.
>>
>>43723432
I wouldn't say they're well designed, or even that they make much sense (the point values of the various powers are nowhere near balanced, nor are the species, and there was that first printing where you could be a mutant ninja pedophile.) But the important thing is that it was designed by and for people who weren't getting off on it, and that creates so many near-imperceptible differences that I don't think I can fully describe but which make the whole thing bearable.
>>
>>43699629
>Sexy Alligator Redneck
>Seductive look in his eye while lazily picking at his teeth
>Swimming hole were I will be vulnerable in nothing but swim trunks

Goddamnit now my boi pucci is wet

10/10 would be banged and vored by.
>>
>>43723472
Sounds like a plan to me, so now to just find a bunch of anons bored enough to sign up.
>>
>>43724041
I'll post a thread then for reviewing it.
>>
>>43724041
Is the criteria for joining just "not a furry"? What about having no clue about the system and a tendency to try to optimise?
>>
>>43711955

I actually find "yankee" as a descriptor more disconcerting than a fat (presumably) weaboo using unnecessary animu terms.
>>
>>43724477
To be honest, I have no idea. Though I gotta say, not being a furry is a pretty big plus. And you know, you not being a cunt wouldn't be too bad.

But, eh, beggars can't be choosers right?
>>
>>43724843
Linked to it

>>43724354
>>
File: yankee.jpg (48 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
yankee.jpg
48 KB, 1024x768
>>43724818
You shouldn't. His character is made out to be your stereotype 'yankee' gangster
>>
>>43689725
I'd play Ponyfinder
>>
>>43690861
Were you on an episode of sponegbob by any chance?
>>
>>43699629
Morty is definitely at least partial furry tho
>>
>>43700540
TTRPGs aren't vidya games. You don't have to be a healbot just because your class supports being a healbot. I'd hate to be stuck in a party with you. It's no more the cleric's job to help downed party members than it is any other party member's job, unless they demonstrate capability and willingness to dish out heals.
>>
>>43727015

The onus is at least on a non-healer cleric to bring it up, since other party members may assume the cleric will fill that role and neglect healing options.
>>
>>43727515
I think it's reasonable for a cleric to announce what kind of cleric they are, but I hate the idea that a ttrpg party needs to have healer/tank/dps vidya composition. Any party makeup can get you a good story. Look at lord of the rings: a bunch of fighters, varied races. Superb story, and they don't exactly eschew combat scenarios or first aid.
>>
>>43727588
Because they have plot armor out the ying yang. Members of the Fellowship get hit five times in three books. Two of those times it was fatal, and three of those times the wounds were explicitly incurable by conventional medicine. They just never get any chance to do first aid. That said, they did have a dedicated healer in Aragorn.
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.