[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/ PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: 1466399491675.jpg (136 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
1466399491675.jpg
136 KB, 900x1350
Pathfinder General /pfg/

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>47971409
>>
>>47981694
...You know, I'm not even mad any more.
>>
>>47981694

whyyy
>>
>who after all their complaining of other publisher's stealing content are making their own In the Company of Dragons rip off.

>DSP has monster classes.
Another publisher made a dragon race with a racial paragon class.

>I'm saying they're stepping on toes after kvetching about paizuri and what's that kitsune furfag's name, stepping on theirs

>I'm saying it's a dick move to specifically make a dragon monster class after someone has already done it, then piss and moan when someone else moves into their territory.
>>
>>47981260
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD5bUjnim58

If this isn't the bard you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>47981837
>DSP complains about the 1pp ripping off their shit, with Paizo's furfag literally posting that he had UltPsi open at all times to consult it as he wrote
>this is not the same the same thing as multiple 3pp writing the same ideas
>1pp and 3pp are different
>same inspiration and literally ripping a product off are different
>you're retarded
>>
File: Ainlinn Color.png (318 KB, 1771x1923) Image search: [Google]
Ainlinn Color.png
318 KB, 1771x1923
Ok. I went back to something I worked on a while ago and pared it down to a more concrete theme than the original was.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing

Still very much in alpha though. I'm a bit unsure on the damage of Minefield and if the wording of various abilities are any good.

Still, here we go. A Harbringer Archetype based on firearms and alchemical items (Though not limited to them). Feedback is highly appreciated.
>>
>>47981837
The In the Company Of X line is a different take entirely on playing the various monsters presented. While the lines technically compete for the same niche at a table (and there's no real avoiding that), as far as I know Rite is aware of our Monster Classes line and hasn't been upset.

Mind you, we're also still on the hook to try and provide psionic options for their dragons, if memory serves.
>>
>>47981959

Do you have to stir up shit? Do you have nothing else to do with your life?
>>
>>47982020
Have you been upset at them at all?
>>
>>47982020
Revive the Gem Dragons from 3.5e - Emerald, Ruby, etc. They were Psionic, IIRC one type for each discipline. Make one up for Athanatism - maybe onyx or something? - and you're set.
>>
>>47982087
Not that I'm aware of.

>>47982090
As much as I'd like to do something like that, psionic dragons are already written, published, and defined. SOMEONE, WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS, promised the public they'd be themed after psionic /classes/ as if that wasn't a stupid idea, and I got put on the hook to write 'em. In a related story, those five were the first dragons I ever wrote.

Proud of the work, yet still angry.
>>
>>47982041
..What? I was responding to the anon who was stirring up shit. Unless you think correcting an idiotic assumption is stirring shit.
>>
Wait, Paizo's trying to do Psionic classes?

I thought the point of Occult Adventures was so they never had to do Psionics because the idea of non-vancian systems makes blood come out of their noses.
>>
>>47982214
No, some 3pp guy is jacking Psionics and making it Vancian.

Because REASONS.
>>
>>47982258
A 3pp guy who is also an official Paizo writer.

He's PUBLISHING under 3pp, but he's a member of the Paizo staff.
>>
>>47982299
Who is it?
>>
>>47982299
>>47982310
There's two, and both of them are Paizo staffers. Owen K.C Stephens and Alexander Augunas.
>>
>>47982258

>Making Psionics Vancian

...How? They're not really very similar systems.

And then of course there's the question of WHY.
>>
>>47982324
They're both awful, too.
>>
>>47982328
Because 'psionics is scary to some GMs because of its bad reputation going back to people who didn't understand how to use it three editions ago'

They're going all-out too - Dread is now an archetype for their version of the psychic warrior. So they're not only lifting 3.5 psionics, they're explicitly lifting names and mechanics from UltPsi
>>
>>47982358
Welp, RIP DSP.
>>
>>47982358

lmao could they possibly be any more shitstains?
>>
Unfortunately psionics is a matter of contention for some people because they dislike it on principle and irrationally so, claiming it has no place in fantasy/pf/d&d games
>>
>>47982425
It's much the same people who irrationally despise guns.
>>
>>47982358

That seems...skeevy.

>>47982425

Oh, and the frigging Technology Guide does? That's a laugh.
>>
One of my players wants to play a Sahuagin. Should I let him?
>>
>>47982456

If you feel like a horrifying fish monster would fit into the campaign with very little change, go ahead. If not, tell him to play something else.

I'd be wary if he's trying to play a four-armed one, though.
>>
>>47982444
Even some of the paizodrones irrationally dislike the technology guide citing the above opinions

>>47982439
In game or irl guns?
>>
How would I build a member of the Steel Falcons?I will eventually go into the prestige class but what about before that? Some 3pp allowed, at GM discretion, all 1pp allowed, we all get power attack as a bonus feat and we get 4 traits without the normal "only 1 from each category" limit.Stats are rolled, and in front of the GM so here's what I rolled
>>
>>47982444
>That seems...skeevy.

desu I'm just glad that DSP got their stuff out and released first. Including a two-page section yelling about "psionics and psychic fluff is different, keep it that way"

it's a nice middle finger
>>
>>47982358
That's stupid. Occult ALREADY does vancian psionics. You don't need to make more of that nonsense.

There was an aborted attempt to do that years ago, "The Power of Ki", but the writer abandoned it after hearing about Ultimate Psionics and Occult Adventures. An interesting mechanic it used was consolidating similar spells/powers (many have identical effects) and allowing conversion between spell slots/power points.

The more you know!
>>
>>47983029
I prefer the spheres of power psychic/psionic tradition in Skybourne. Drop Dead Studios loves mentioning DSP products and what amazing mechanic X they're using for sphere handbook Y in sidebar Z. Great guys.
>>
>>47983284
Yeah, there's acknowledging competition.

And then there's outright being hostile to it.
>>
Fine-manipulation aside... are dragons proficient with any weapons?
>>
>>47983474
Not based on their creature type, no.
>>
>>47983474
breath weapons
>>
sorry
>>
>>47982358
I honestly doubt that.
>>
>>47983954
Augunas said on Facebook that he used Ultimate Psionics as one of his main resources when writing it, in the same post talking about how he used the Dread.

DSP shoulda put product identity tags on their fluff text.
>>
Do you all have any recommended pixiv artists for fantasy art? Pixiv Fantasia's just got so much content it takes forever to find the good stuff, and I'm just looking for fantasy art on pixiv in general.
>>
>>47982391
DSP is fine. They pretty much more thought in some of their works seeing as they set their flag in first.

>>47982358
Their version of 'Psionics' sounds like a cashgrab of several old classes slapped 'psionic' on them.
>>
Did everybody die in the fire at the Great Sept?
>>
>>47984680
Yes, but this really isn't the place to talk about that. Kindly go fuck yourself
>>
>>47984680
???
No, they're just defending DSP?
>>
So what's the story on pricing items made of mithral?

Aside from armors and shields, it says that any other item is priced by weight of 500gp per pound.

Does that mean a rapier (original weight 2 lbs) costs 520 to make out of mithral? I noticed stuff like cauldrons, skillets, waffle-irons even all are priced based on their halved weights for mithral versions, so I'm assuming so.

Reason I'm asking is 'cause two GMs of mine both ruled it that a mithral weapon is priced based on the original weight rather than the halved weight. Thing that bothers me about that is the benefits for say, a mithral glaive where the original weight is 10 lbs would be fucking expensive, is outweighed heavily by the cost to get one, purchased or made.
>>
>>47984211
Usually I just look up the pixiv fantasia tag on danbooru mixed with any other combination of tags to better suit my needs. I'm not the best on determining what can be considered "good" art, but that's based mostly on the fact that any time I decide I want to use a pixiv artist's work for a character avatar or a backdrop or something, it gets shot down immediately because it's "weeb art".

I do personally think swd3e2's works are pretty good, though.
>>
so whats a great class to go with being an underworld dragon?
>>
I'm making a gunsmoke mystic with elemental flux and solar wind maneuvers (obviously). What would be a good choice for a third discipline?
I don't like tempest gale that much.
>>
>>47985020
Sleeping Goddess to let you read peoples' minds with your gun.
>>
>>47985020
Riven hourglass
>>
File: Forrest IRL.png (196 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Forrest IRL.png
196 KB, 400x400
Who's a better princess for /pfg/: QANON, 2hu, or pic related?
>>
>>47985072
That can't be forrest, forrest has pretty dark hair.
>>
>>47985072
Don't start this faggotry and don't enable the mentally ill.
>>
File: 3IQ.jpg (87 KB, 386x335) Image search: [Google]
3IQ.jpg
87 KB, 386x335
>>47985096
It's too late.
We're already tard
>>
File: face.jpg (6 KB, 150x140) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
6 KB, 150x140
>>47985072
>>47985088
>>47985096

Can you not
>>
>>47985072
Why don't we just take two and marry them off to each other to secure our political alliance?

Or all three of them
>>
>>47985042
You don't need power points or anything for that?
>>
>>47985131
Reskin the shipping pantheon. Who would the fourth be?
>>
>>47985146
Sleeping Goddess gives you power points, and they reworked the math to make it very light on pp usage. The mind-reading one's good augment eats psionic focus, which sleeping goddess ALSO lets you have.

And then there's the Awakened Animus feat that lets you spend animus as power points for maneuver augments.
>>
>>47985166
Buildposter?
>>
>>47985183
I feel like, for this to work, we have to replace Evil with Autistic.
>>
>>47985201
So.

2hu is obviously Law. Is QANON chaos and Forrest good, or the other way around?
>>
>>47985167
Awakened animus sounds pretty fantastic, thanks a bunch.
>>
>>47985219
If I remember correctly, the shipping pantheon used the four corners
>>
>>47985201
>>47985219
>>47985238
Forrest: Lawful Sane
QANON: Chaotic Sane
2hu: Lawful Autistic
BUILDPOSTER: Chaotic Autistic

Sound right?
>>
>>47985219
The pantheon used the extremes, not the neutrals. QANON is Chaotic Good, no doubt. A modern-day Robin Hood, she is.
>>
>>47985238
So Lawful Autistic (2hu), Chaotic Autistic (BP), Lawful [] (Forrest), Chaotic [] (QANON)?
>>
>>47985252
>QANON
>SANE
SHOCKED GASP!
HOW DARE YOU!
>>
>>47985252
>>47985264
>>47985270
Definitely not Sane, maybe just Nice?
>>
>>47985276
Chaotic Tolerable, as opposed to 2hu's Lawful Intolerable
>>
>>47985276
"O.K." sounds like a reasonable middle ground.
>>
>>47985276
Forrest is polite to a fault except when she's not and then it's kinda weird, so maybe?
>>
>>47985270
QANON is basically neutral
>>
>>47985270
>not SHOCKING GRASP
>>
>>47985313
>a devil-may-care pirate, flouting the rules of even the other pirates to bring us books early because she wants our smiles
Anon what does Neutral mean to you
>>
>>47985347
Lawful Content-Bringer and Chaotic Content-Bringer?
>>
>>47985371
That works, but then the "Evil" has to be changed to "Rule-Addict" or something. 2hu does it entirely within the RAW of the rules, while BUILDPOSTER does it with the rules as he sees it.
>>
>>47985382
Content-Analyst
>>
>>47985382
Yeah but Forrest herself is a bit of a RAWtard iirc, except in her own games which play fast and loose with the rules. Like, she was brought onto DSP literally for walking into the PoW E playtest thread and going YOUR WORDING IS SHIT for four or five pages with corrections
>>
>>47985393
>>47985382
Too many words! Just shorten it to Analyst! Or Anal!
>>
>>47985382
I'm okay with just Lawful, Chaotic, Good, and Autistic
>>
Alright lads, we've got our Pantheon! But what are their domains?

Forrest definitely has Rune, probably with the Language or Legislation subdomain and also Plant

Q obviously has Air, Trickery, maybe the Whimsy subdomain, and whichever one gives Evard's Black Tentacles

Buildposter has Madness.
>>
Lawful (RAW) vs Chaotic (RoC)
Autist vs Rational
>>
>>47985461
I vote Gareth's domain be Rage, Alcohol and Wisdom
>>
File: confessball.jpg (244 KB, 783x663) Image search: [Google]
confessball.jpg
244 KB, 783x663
>>47985131
That was attempted.
It didn't go so well.
>>
>>47985411
Am I to understand that you're objecting to the idea that we value having tight grammar and comprehensible wording?
>>
>>47985571
No I just find it hilarious that Forrest was basically a proto-2hufag.
>>
>>47985571
Hey, Gareth, you wanna be our TN god? We can make space.
>>
>>47985484
>Gareth
>Rage
>Alcohol
>Wisdom (?)
>>
>>47985598
The wisest people know when to drink always
>>
>>47985598
How does a neutral god even work in the shipping pantheon?
>>
>>47985709
He hates everyone equally. He's gotten on literally all four of the others' cases, right here on /pfg/.
>>
>>47985730
>in a pantheon built on love, even the evils, the true neutrals believe in only hate.
>>
>>47985730
Are you sure? Because now that you mention it, I don't think I've *ever* seen Gareth mad at Q, which is frankly astonishing, considering she's actively helping us steal his books.
>>
/pfg/ has gone to autistic fawning again? And you say giantitp is bad? What the fuck
>>
>>47985867
Eh, kills the time
>>
>>47985867
It's almost 3 in the morning, we're all exhausted, and many of us are more than a little tipsy.

We'll regret plenty of things in the morning.
>>
>>47985867

with quest threads gone, /pfg/ is routinely the most cringeworthy thread on /tg/
>>
So what does PFG think of this idea:

>Spellbinding
>Lets you bind a single spell to stances of a certain discipline (or others if you take the feat/talent/whathaveyou).
>Spell cannot have expensive material components.
>Once per encounter, you can recover the spell of your current stance as a full round action (feat/talent/whathaveyou lets you recover it as part of maneuver recovery, taking the place of two maneuvers).
>Outside of combat, meditate for 30 minutes (15 with talent/feat/whathaveyou) to refresh spent Bound Spells.
>>
>>47985898
Thanks, we try!
>>
>>47985898
In our (flimsy) defence, most worthwhile conversation and people got offloaded to the IRC months ago. I don't even know why we're still a general at this point, but as long as we are, we've got nothing to do BUT shitpost.
>>
>>47985907
No.
>>
We could go back to autistic number-crunching and circlejerking over bullshit like masterwork basketweaving or the economy behind making a multiplanar merchant service.
>>
>>47985951
Por que?
>>
I'm a lazy fuckface. Where's the initiating soulknife shenanigan?
>>
>>47985970
>the economy behind making a multiplanar merchant service.
I really, really want this.
>>
>>47985985
Warsoul, which is in PoW, and Psychic Armory, which is in PsiAug: soulknife.

they're compatible and make a Wis SAD initiator that fights like Gilgamesh from Fate
>>
>>47985591
Do as thou wilt.
>>
>>47985985
Warsoul?
>>
>>47985999
>fights like Gilgamesh from Fate
Gil is a Gifted Blade Psyarm actually.

Archer is the Warsoul Psyarm

Shirou is a Living Legend who broke the rules and dipped into PsyArm just to get UBW.
>>
>>47982358
Is there a link to this shit?
>>
>>47986026
Nah, Shirou is a 9th level battle sorcerer who's focused almost entirely on self-buffing transmutation spells and niche conjuration spells, branching out at the very end for the third party Field of Blades spell for UBW.
>>
We need more discussion of mechanics and homebrew on how to improve this game
My idealistic retardism aside
>>
>>47982020
>Mind you, we're also still on the hook to try and provide psionic options for their dragons, if memory serves.
Are you guys gonna get paid to do it?
>>
>>47986169
At this point, I'm playing mostly under 5e's rules drowning in my shoddily-ported PF content, and somehow the towering edifice hasn't collapsed. Rather, we're having a grand old time
>>
>>47986169
Why I was asking for the War Soul earlier:
>Trade out a few more features
>Make Discipline Shapes a baseline dealio
>Get a wider but shallower pool of maneuvers
>Recovery mechanic depends on shifting mind blade to that discipline's weapon
I know it's not futureproofable, but I was always fond of the one PrC that needed you to know a maneuver from each of the nine disciplines. Maybe even do a wider pool and have an erudite-like system where you can only know a certain number of schools per combat?
>>
I wanna play jack the ripper from mgr, he has to be the edgiest 2 fast 4 animu fighter possible, so help me /pfg/ also 3pp allowed.
>>
>>47986280
Edge Lord Harbinger with Veiled Moon Style to teleport behind people and stab them with a katana?
>>
>Game starts at level 3
>Bring to table character with minmaxed Bluff & Disguise
>Tell them I'm Adrian Moore, a mercenary by trade who served in the last war and lost his left eye there
>Underperform a bit in combat
>left eye is actually fine
>Adrian Moore is an assumed identity
>Under perform because they think I'm a fighter/rogue, but am actually an archeologist bard hiding most of his abilities
>Am actually CE, use misdirect to hide as a TN guy
>Spend most of my money on recruitment to fuel my ever growing rebel faction

I was able to keep this up for 6 months out of character thanks to the GM. We leveled up 6 times during this time before I did the big reveal. Being level 9 and suddenly, from the player's perspectives, a lot stronger was interesting.

None of the players ever managed to see through my disguise. A combination of buying a +5 competency item early on and putting s skill focus into it. It ended up being a pretty fun game. I kept detailed notes so I could do the reveal in a way that hurt more. Sudden and terrible betrayal style.
>>
>>47986400
Veiled Moon? Please.

Mithral Current + Shattered Mirror is what you need. Some Cursed Razor as well.
>>
Is there a way for a Warder to get a single blade skill or rogue talent?
>>
>>47986437
'It was me all along!' 'We don't care. Shut up and guard the flank.'
>>
>>47986437
>remember that time you shit your pants?
>IT WAS ME! I SHIT YOUR PANTS!
>>
>>47986523
Actually it ended up kinda like that.

I ended up stabbing one of the character's in the back and doing the reveal. And they were like "What the fuck Matt.". Then I said I pull off my mask and reveal myself to be the same face on all the wanted posters. They didn't know what to say, and then the GM didn't dispute me. We were supposed to be hiding at the time from my own forces, I called to my forces and brought them to our hiding spot.

Two party members died, two escaped, and my character became the NPC villain. One of the party members who died my character resurrected as the villain and convinced them to defect to his side, the other remained dead after he burned the body.
>>
>>47986548
Worst bit, they had met Adrian's ailing father, who was a hired actor. Adrian then had him killed so the shock would look real, but in such a way that he couldn't speak. It was a really sympathetic moment. It got even worse when I kept creating "friends" and things for Adrian to have. Adrian had been a real person at one point (a person Galilee had killed), and he was "reconnecting" with old friends after a falling out with the ones he had previously (which was actually Adrian disappearing after Galilee killed him).

Since the reconnected friends only had vague memories Adrian was able to build trust there to hide his identity. It was a good alibi.
>>
File: Reaper_portrait.png (359 KB, 721x665) Image search: [Google]
Reaper_portrait.png
359 KB, 721x665
>This is my Harbinger, DM
>>
>>47986632
>Harbinger
>not gunsmoke mystic

die die die
>>
>>47986632
You know, there really isn't a ranged-combat Harbinger archetype is there?
>>
>>47986669

I hate to toot my own horn but >>47981993 I literally posted one (In Alpha) with a request for feedback/help.
>>
>>47986669
a 3 level dip into trench fighter is enough for that really.
>>
>>47986669
Harbingers are all about being edgy.

A better question is: "Why aren't there any blackpowder harbingers?"
>>
>>47986703
'scuse me I think you mean african-americanpowder. This is Pathfinder, we're enlightened here.
>>
File: 404179b1dc649e0f3a10fabd5c372255.jpg (614 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
404179b1dc649e0f3a10fabd5c372255.jpg
614 KB, 1060x1500
>>47986632
Nice, this is my Winter Witch with the Winter Witch PrC

I just want an excuse to post best girl
>>
>>47986724
Is that supposed to be lighting, or are her boobs and gut literally stretching the suit to translucency?
>>
>>47986437
Character sheet?
>>
>>47986734

The latter. The other girl is MUCH smaller and it's already skin tight on her.
>>
>>47986734
She's in a suit made to be essentially skintight on someone half her size. You guess.
>>
>>47986734
Given the hints of a muffin-top, I suspect the latter.
>>
>>47986746
>Gareth knows his Overwatch

what's your favorite character?
>>
Ratfolk Toxicant. Good idea or bad idea?

If bad, why so?
>>
>>47986508

Not without taking levels in a compatible class.
>>
>>47986758
because disease and poison have pitiful DCs that won't scale at later levels.
>>
>>47986754
As for your reactions to this, see filename.
>>
>>47986762
Of all the things Paizo's fucked up, they've never printed a single feat, wondrous item, or obscure ritual to gain a single rogue talent?

Man, the one time I rely on their total inadequacy and they can't even do THAT right.
>>
>>47986632
>>47986669

In lieue of Harbinger, you can use Privateer Stalker, though it's a shame it isn't compatible with the Soul Hunter archetype.

Privateer Stalker can do loads of damage in melee with guns, just combine it with TWFing and some Thrashing Dragon maneuvers and you'll be Death Blossoming everyone forever.

Just, uh, remember teleport out with a counter if people try to focus you.
>>
>>47986724
>I just want an excuse to post best girl

Good man, D.VA is best.
>>
>>47986777
Mom, dad, and dorito gremlin are the best
>>
What stats for a kitsune-elf hybrid?
>>
>>47986793
+2 dex, +2 cha, -2 con
>>
>>47986777

One day I shall finish making that weapon system that lets you make that Pulse Rifle, missiles and all!
>>
>>47986804
Good luck, I guess.
>>
>>47981993
I love the theming, but I'm not the best at balancing either. They all seem like good trades, and madman's luck doesn't seem completely and utterly broken... I'd still tone it down a bit. Maybe a bunch of DR and resistances? Also possibly something about teleporting to explosions/clouds of gas you caused.

Now I want to do a setting that's anachronistically combining trench warfare and black powder firearms, with order of paladins trying and failing to bring back honorable combat and necromancers making a killing (sorry) with the emergent world war causing bodies and pestilence everywhere.
>>
>>47986807

Thanks!
>>
File: 54d955441c07e18306937795120154eb.png (712 KB, 1024x1449) Image search: [Google]
54d955441c07e18306937795120154eb.png
712 KB, 1024x1449
>>47986777
>yfw gareth is DSP's team dad
>>
>>47986825
Quick, quick, who plays Mercy?
>>
File: de3.png (272 KB, 524x506) Image search: [Google]
de3.png
272 KB, 524x506
>>47986786
>>
>>47986839
>not a doritos and a mountain dew

drawfags. please.
>>
>>47986849
It's a photoshop of an anime called Umaru about a gamer trash NEET girl
>>
>>47986856
Right, they were saying if you're going to go part of the way go all of the way.
>>
File: 3432d04cfc9b3070102424f542304815.jpg (362 KB, 1280x1606) Image search: [Google]
3432d04cfc9b3070102424f542304815.jpg
362 KB, 1280x1606
>>47986781
>Just, uh, remember teleport out with a counter if people try to focus you.

Heroes never die
>>
>>47986815

Madman's luck is in an odd place. I really like the idea of it but most of the times you'd want to use it are turning 'This will kill me' into 'Just crazy enough to work'.

I do worry it might end up a bit weak if it's just DR/Resistances. Still, I'll ponder it.

The original version of Destruction's Herald was tied into the fact the original version got Alchemist Bombs. I might add 'Claimed guy OR area you've attacked in the last round'. An AOE gives you more options but you could also teleport to an arrow you stuck into a wall.
>>
Okay, /pfg/, how do we fix Marksman so it's less of a boring piece of shit?
Right now, it's almost fighter-bad.
>>
File: Cl7oIEcUkAEjMrP.jpg large.jpg (81 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
Cl7oIEcUkAEjMrP.jpg large.jpg
81 KB, 1000x666
>>47986835
Breaking news from the IRC, QANON confirms she mains Mercy.

Does Forrest play the gremlin? Are we going 3 for 3? And just WHEN did we become Overwatch General?
>>
>>47986870
Care to expand on that? I've got my own beefs with it (bonus typing so bad why) but they come off as a dependable t3 or t4 with their power list.
>>
>>47986905
The class has no identity beyond "a dude with a bow", nothing interesting at all about it.
Sure, it can shoot arrows, but eh. Maybe it's decently good at what it does, but the class has no appeal whatsoever outside of just "I shoot bow", making it almost as boring as the fighter.
Compare it to say, Aegis, who is the martial wizard or, say, Dread who offers abusing action economy for fun and profit.
>>
>>47986905
Not that guy Gareth, but personally, an initiator marksman wouldn't be so bad.

Also, it doesn't get as many supporting feats that lets them play well with other martial psionics (Aegis, PsyArm and Souknife for reference has several feats that lets them complement each other)
>>
>>47986925
Thank you, anon. I'm going to sleep now; I'll be back tomorrow to talk on this if you like.
>>
>>47986869
Improved Evasion/Mettle vs. Your Own Effects + some amount of DR and resistances should help some...
Though I remember a player arguing that their DR 5/- should protect them against sliding down a mountain facefirst, since "The rocks probably deal about 1d4 damage, and I'm only taking damage from the rocks individually".

It does seem a little weaksauce if it's depending on alchemical items for poison/acid/etc.
Maybe give some options to make weaksauce acidic fogs? I'm picturing a horrific trench warfare ninja in a gas mask teleporting anywhere there's mustard gas and pulling people silently into it.
>>
>>47986941
Nighto.
>>
>>47986938
There's an initiator marksman in PoW:E.
>>
>>47986938
Initiator Marksman is in Path of War Expanded. It is called a Mind's Eye Disciple.
>>
>>47986925
The Marksman also has a healthy amount of skills, a power list that interacts with their class features (powers that buff wind reader and cover fire), and in-class mechanisms of escaping melee.

It has an archetype to cloak itself (swift action invisibility for short duration) as well. Ever wanted to be a ghost from Starcraft? This is where you start.
>>
Fucking hell, /pfg/ is thirsty and creepy af
>>
>>47986943

Alchemical Items are actually pretty good for the simple reason that 'They work with strikes'.

So you've got a guy with 1d4+Dex ranged touch attacks before strikes.

Part of my concern with giving them extra ways to attack is that it's tricky to work with how they already have stuff like mustard gas statted.
>>
I should write archetypes or something

Get drunk and make my own terrible 3pp
>>
File: 1281206597626.jpg (105 KB, 637x430) Image search: [Google]
1281206597626.jpg
105 KB, 637x430
>>47987108
Yeah, that's the other problem. There's a few different schemas for higher tech devices, and you either have to get really general and open things to abuse, pick one and tie the project to it, or make your own to go with it, all of which have significant drawbacks.
They still cost a shitload, though I like the idea of teleporting anywhere "You've just shot someone", "A fire you started is burning", or "A cloud of poison gas you caused is existent".

I'm also pic related at the idea of setting a building on fire that my character is in for a combat boost, to teleport more freely.
>>
Actually if I was to do 3pp stuff I'd wanna make really cool Prestige Classes

I miss prestige classes.
>>
>>47987169

Yeah, I've gone with General so that it's more usable in most games. The class can work fine without guns if the GM doesn't want guns or with frag grenades if the GM wants tech.

It does open it up to a bit more abuse but I feel it makes it a more useful class. Does that seem reasonable?

I've also updated Destruction's Herald. Now all 3 of them can be combo'd.

Madman + Destruction = I set the building on fire for teleportation options
Toxin + Destruction = I pumped the area full of nerve gas that I'm immune to.
Madman + Toxin = Man I love Toxic Smoke Inhalation!
>>
>>47987022
This isn't news
>>
How to make Jin Kisaragai from Blazblue?
>>
>>47987380
Bushi with Mithral current/ Eflux with water/ice powers.
>>
>>47986925
>clearly hasn't given Wind Strike a proper read
>doesn't want to rain a hail of arrows onto enemies like some kind of one-man persian army

Gotta give 'em some shade, anon.
>>
>>47987688
Wind strike is just a bullshit overpowered power.
It's not interesting in any way or form besides pure charop.
>>
Hey pfg.

We've got a worm that walks frozen in suspended animation.

I'm trying to think of a way we could release it, but contain it from escaping, while hopefully being in an antimagic field.

Anything come to mind?
>>
Hi /pfg/ is there any feat or trait to change my SLA's casting stat to Int or Wis instead of Cha?
>>
>>47987693
Volley strike can hit more enemies than most any other archer per turn.

Sniper marksman can turn individual arrows into guaranteed-massive-damage-attacks, and make vital strike a reasonable selection of feats.

Finesse style is just shit, there's no getting around that.

My opinion on Marksman is that the styles take a little too long to get to doing their thing. 8th level is really pretty late for the 'primary' method of shooting to come into play, even accounting for powers.

Of course, it's fun when you can slip in a level of aegis or play as a half-giant for that +size bow with sniper style, and if you snag Initiator's Soul you can have another +size, making sniper and volley styles that much more effective.
>>
>>47986772
>toxicant
The archetype literally has a scaling DC poison.
>>
>>47987695
Mage's Magnificent Enclosure. It's literally an AMF with a Wall of Force around it.
>>
>>47987987
>A 9th level spell that always traps the caster inside an anti-magic field
What the fuck?
>>
>>47988016
Actual AMF is worse, it moves WITH the caster.
>>
>>47985270
Hey QANON :3
>>
>>47988047
ANON! YOU HAVE SPOKEN THE NAME AND YOU HAVE SPOKEN IT RIGHTLY! WHAT'S UP?
>>
File: [switching intensifies].gif (194 KB, 335x347) Image search: [Google]
[switching intensifies].gif
194 KB, 335x347
So new books on Wednesday, who's ready?
>>
File: Zwei-Sentinel.jpg (255 KB, 770x878) Image search: [Google]
Zwei-Sentinel.jpg
255 KB, 770x878
>>47988109
You fucking know I am, good god I want that Hellknight book so bad.
>>
>>47988109
what all are we getting
>>
>>47987635
Sweet, thanks
What does something like that look like?
>>
>>47988192
Barring any unexpected surprises, Spymaster's Handbook, Path of the Hellknight, and Hell's Vengeance 5
>>
How would /pfg/ feel about giving humans +1 to all attributes instead of the standard +2 to one, 5e-style? Would it be too powerful? Would it hurt humans?
>>
>>47988599
In PF, it would be horrifically overpowered. You lose the ability to start with a 20, but gain the ability to PB lines of 11/13/15s and go nuts
>>
>>47988599
effective +6 to stats rather than a +2 you tell me.
>>
>tfw I'm the DM and the party knows most of my fetishes
>tfw it's not even an ERP game
>they actually like the game, though
How do I fix the shit I found myself in?
>>
>>47988771
who cares
>>
>>47988771

Sabotage yourself by being an utter ass, then end the game and head off to GM for Pathfinder Society and provide lopsided feedback.
>>
>>47981694
Hey /pfg/. I'm making saving throws into static defenses and merging AC with Ref. What breaks?
>>
File: 1466736593705.gif (83 KB, 200x179) Image search: [Google]
1466736593705.gif
83 KB, 200x179
You goddamn POS
>>
Would it be a bad idea to go from Human to Aasimar as a spell tank Cleric?

Basically, I would lose 5 HP, but get +2 Cha, giving me 1 extra Channel Positive Energy per day, and gain the Snowflake drawback
>>
>>47988941
Only fagolas play Aasimar.

Don't be a fag. Play a Human.
>>
>>47981694
This should be the image used for every subsequent thread
>>
File: 1466739450310.jpg (214 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466739450310.jpg
214 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: glasses_by_guweiz-da1vblj.jpg (193 KB, 800x1303) Image search: [Google]
glasses_by_guweiz-da1vblj.jpg
193 KB, 800x1303
sup pfg. Looking for a bit of help. Im working on creating a ravnica type city for a gaming group of mine, except I'm going to be basing it all off of PoW disciplines. The campaign is going to be high fantasy wuxia style fun times hopefully but I wanted a central hub for all of the action to take place in for the first part of the game. Decided to go with a grand city built to keep the surrounding nations for constant warfare. So each PC could hail from a different nation, and each different nation has it's own guild within the city.

TLDR: How do I make a Ravnica. PoW martial arts edition?
>>
>>47989102
make ravnica
????
profit.
>>
>>47989102
First thing to note is that there are more than twice as many disciplines as Guilds, so create a set of role-based guilds. Skyhunter guild might be SW and TG, while Shieldwall guild might be IT and EG, for example.

They cooperate for the sake of the city, accomplishing their given roles and such, but internal rivalries are going to be intense. Even within a guild, specialists in different disciplines will disagree frequently and bring the disagreements onto the challenge ring.

Consider carefully what classes you allow that aren't initiators, since some may still be appropriate (Guru, Barbarian, Magus, etc). Also consider how the proud wuxia discipline adherents view these people.
>>
>>47989330
>guru

You mean the "90% of my main options are absolute shit" class?
>>
>>47989330
Thanks. I was thinking of allowing only classes that can initiate maneuvers, either as base class or archetype/devotion/warpath and leaving it at that for the moment.
>>
>>47981694
Is anyone interested in aberrations, magical beasts or outsiders as animal companions? I just made a list of all the ones with animal Intelligence (1-2). An asterisk indicates the presence of explicit supernatural or spell-like abilities.

Amphisbaena*
Ankheg
Aurumvorax
Bandersnatch*
Basilisk
Blindheim
Bullette
Bunyip*
Cockatrice*
Darkmantle
Girallon, Common
Gorgon*
Gryph
Hippocampus
Hippogriff
Hydra
Jubjub Bird*
Lukwata*
Myrmecoleon
Oma
Owlbear
Rukh
Rukh, Juvenile
Sea Serpent*
Sea Serpent, Deep
Seps*
Seps, Juvenile
Shocker Lizard*
Sea Cat
Stirge
Stymphalidies*
Trollhound
Worm, Frost*
Worm, Purple
Yaoguai*
Ypotryll

Dust Digger
Froghemoth
Fungal Crawler
Grothlut*
Rust Monster*
Tentamort

Gloomwing*
Tenebrous Worm*
>>
How on earth is an Angel's Protective Aura suppose to work? It has a built-in Lesser Globe of Invulnerability centered on them that they can't suppress. Why do they have 3rd level and lower spells they can never use?
>>
>>47986905
Bonuses with typing prevent crazy stupid stack, as seen with Mystic+ Bard parties.

>>47986938
Already exists in Expanded.
>>
File: primalfuryhouse.jpg (59 KB, 564x806) Image search: [Google]
primalfuryhouse.jpg
59 KB, 564x806
>>47989102
Something like this would be really cool.

>power is split between different houses in a region
>each house has a discipline that they teach and master
>fight with each other like most ruling bodies do
>only the nobles and military are trained in the discipline
>few people know the 9th level maneuver

This would make a dope setting as a vidya or different system.
>>
>>47989348
>Actually believing 2Hu anon

Sure man
>>
>>47989494
All the globe does is prevent anyone outside of it from targeting anyone inside of it. People inside the globe can still cast perfectly fine.
>>
>>47989631

Well, he's not wrong.

It's very poorly designed with a lot of abilities having zero purpose until you get the ability to actually bond it. You can get a boost to fire damage and abilities...but you don't get a basic fire ability without the bond so you are locked into 'You must bond it here'

In addition, the scaling on many of the damage abilities is completely disjointed so the scaling is a mess.
>>
>>47989619
This was what I was thinking as well anon, and since I wanted there to be a huge city where all this could play out within. I figured I'd use ravnica as inspiration and figure out which houses (schools) would control which aspect of the cities infrastructure as well.
>>
>>47989631
Don't knock it, m8.

2hu may have trouble appreciating that people may not want to optimize, but unlike buildposter, they actually know what the fuck they're on about usually. All those veils they brought up are fucking terrible.
>>
>>47989634
>An immobile, faintly shimmering magical sphere surrounds you and excludes all spell effects of 3rd level or lower. The area or effect of any such spells does not include the area of the lesser globe of invulnerability. Such spells fail to affect any target located within the globe. Excluded effects include spell-like abilities and spells or spell-like effects from items. Any type of spell, however, can be cast through or out of the magical globe. Spells of 4th level and higher are not affected by the globe, nor are spells already in effect when the globe is cast. The globe can be brought down by a dispel magic spell. You can leave and return to the globe without penalty.

>excludes all spell effects of 3rd level or lower. The area or effect of any such spells does not include the area of the lesser globe of invulnerability.

I don't see where you get that. The spell very clearly doesn't care whether the source of the spell is inside or outside of the globe, it cares where the target/AoE is.
>>
>>47989666
He is pretty damn wrong.

I suggest actually playing the class for 12 levels then come back and we can have a discussion on the Guru.

If you missed last thread Ssalarn came in and actually said he was expanding Diadem too.
>>
>>47989708

And the comment on base abilities that do literally nothing until you get an upgrade to them that I had?

I was there last thread. Ssalarn ignored my comment about that.
>>
>>47989692
>Any type of spell, however, can be cast through or out of the magical globe
>through
>THROUGH
>>
>>47989682
He assumed Veils intended for multiclassers using the PrCs in the book were for the Guru instead of for the PrCs, he's too autistic to actually optimuze a Guru or even see alternative uses to veils.
>>
>>47989708
>He is pretty damn wrong.

How?
>>
>>47989744

All of those Veils he listed were Guru takable ones.
>>
>>47989744
There's only so many uses for 'Extra AC vs Crit Confirmation'
>>
Well, here it is: http://drivethrurpg.com/product/185843/Ultimate-Occult

They actually went and did it.
>>
>>47989735
That means you can stand on one side of the sphere and shoot a Lightning Bolt or Fireball spell at someone on the opposite side of the sphere, not someone inside the sphere. Line of sight and line of effect aren't blocked by it, in other words.

But trying to cast a Fireball on someone inside the sphere? That won't work, no matter whether you're on the inside or outside. In fact. if you're standing on the inside edge of the sphere and you have an enemy next to you on the outside edge of the sphere, you could cast a Fireball centered on him and it won't hurt you since the GoI's effect will exclude the Fireball from your square.
>>
>>47989773
>I was in a session where a lot of enemies were cyclops

Saved my fucken life
>>
>>47989783
Did what, Anon? Why should I care about this?
>>
>>47989783

>In the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game rather than have psionic powers, with their own rules and a science-fiction tone, the game introduced psychic magic in Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Occult Adventures.

I am mad.
>>
>>47989770
Are you saying you would go into a PrC without any levels in a veilweaving class?
>>
>>47989813

That is about the most specific thing ever.
>>
>>47989835
Dawnflower cultists
>>
>>47989815
This is the book talked about upthread, where the furry and the fatass converted psionics to psychic magic.
>>
>>47989834

No, i'm saying that a power takable by a base class shouldn't be 'This basically only exists for a PrC'. If it's only good for a PrC, list it as a power for that PrC.

Regardless of if you can optimize them into playable, game-design wise they are a terrible mess with shit like 'You can't turn off the ally-unfriendly will save reduction' and powers that don't work for junk until you get an upgrade.
>>
>>47981694
I just noticed something odd. Clerics may spontaneously cast cure/inflict spells if the appropriate alignment. What is the point of selecting the Healing domain? Most of its spells are cure spells that don't need to be prepared in the first place!
>>
>>47989102
Also. I plan on using DSP's martial traditions as fluff for the info of the surrounding nations. possibly going to use them as orders within the city itself so as to lessen my workload.
>>
>>47989850

The Cult of the Dawnflower is Chaotic Good though, they're warriors of righteousness and peace!
>>
>>47989881
Domain powers. Also, maybe you already have better domain spells from another domain
>>
>>47989881
They can't convert domain spells.

So the Healing domain gives you a little bit more healing.
>>
>>47989881
Well healing is generally a very suboptimal choice in pathfinder anyways but if I had to guess

"At 6th level, all of your cure spells are treated as if they were empowered, increasing the amount of damage healed by half (+50%)."

Free empower on all your heal spells seems good.
>>
>>47989881

Non-cleric people who get domains as well as non-good people with access to the healing domain?
>>
>>47989905
Color me interested. Do tell when you have more written?
>>
>>47989872
The PrC thing I disagree with since it would only make things more complicated.

As for that Vizier ability, maybe someone should have pointed that out when the book wasn't in layout?
>>
>>47989942
I'm fairly sure it was.

Ssalarn takes criticism like a diabetic takes chocolate pudding.
>>
>>47989942

>The PrC thing I disagree with since it would only make things more complicated.

It would do the opposite. It would make it much more clear what people can and can't do with a class rather than letting people walk into a minefield of terrible explanation.

>>47989962

Yeah, 90% of his replies last time were 'Nah, it's fine'
>>
>>47989933
I'll do my best to update you Gareth. I've never been extremely talented when it came to organization of my own ideas sadly, but I'll try to keep everything together. Maybe i'll make a google doc for it that others can access and add to. I really think the material provided within PoW could create a fantastic campaign setting with the right people at the head. I just don't know if i'll have the brains for it on my own.
>>
>>47989962
By responding to it by asking why and how they came to their conclusions while offering alternative viewpoints to consider to see if they change your mind. Then if you still believe your feedback is true taking it into consideration and making improvements?

Like he did all throughout the playtest for anyone who engaged with him instead of barking orders like some sort of autist?

Demanding justificatiin further than "this is shit" is not only reasonable, but a very effective way of separating the chaff out.
>>
>>47990025
Because just about all of it was fine according to all the other people who actually playtested his shit in actual games.

I would trust actual playtesters over a bunch of circle jerkers who never did more than reading the book any day.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.