[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/ Which race has the best waifus/hus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: 1443826028338.jpg (100 KB, 500x736) Image search: [Google]
1443826028338.jpg
100 KB, 500x736
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Which race has the best waifus/husbandos? Bloodforge races allowed.

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>47967245
>>
File: Ainlinn Dymytrio.png (2 MB, 2298x2232) Image search: [Google]
Ainlinn Dymytrio.png
2 MB, 2298x2232
Ok. I went back to something I worked on a while ago and pared it down to a more concrete theme than the original was.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing

Still very much in alpha though. I'm a bit unsure on the damage of Minefield and if the wording of various abilities are any good.

Still, here we go. A Harbringer Archetype based on firearms and alchemical items (Though not limited to them)
>>
>>47971409
If blinkings look anything like the OP from two threads ago, that's pretty damn cute. Shame that the origin is so creepy.
>>
>>47971409
Half elves are always the best waifus.
>>
File: blinkling maid boy.jpg (657 KB, 800x1081) Image search: [Google]
blinkling maid boy.jpg
657 KB, 800x1081
>>47971442
This one?
>>
>>47971442
Kinda creepy, but at least both sides are consenting sapients
>>
Any way besides phylactery of positive energy channeling and the presence of positive energy elementals that you can improve the potency of channel energy?
>>
>>47971442
What are blinklings?
>>
>>47971481
Yeah that one
>>
>>47971541
Race from Bloodforge, Halfling-Blink Dog hybrids.
>>
>>47971569
Oh that's adorable.

Can they blink just their fluffy tails/ears?
>>
>>47971569
>Halfling-Blink Dog hybrids
Sounds hot.
>>
>>47971502

>Kinda creepy

One of the most popular NPCs in the general is a lovesick winter wolf.
>>
>>47971409
Eiremians, they stay calm and helpful even when you freak out.
>>
>>47971595
awoooo
>>
>>47971569
Well that's a new one. The lewd is strong in their origins.
>>
>>47971526
Ghostvision Gloves let you focus a positive channel to harm on a single undead, boosting your damage dice to d12s.

Ring of Protected Life increases the radius by 5 feet, adds 1 to the number of creatures you can exclude from the effect (which is none by default, but Selective Channel exists), and lets you channel as a swift 1/day

Malleable Symbol lets you channel as a 10-foot burst anywhere within 30 feet, as a 60-foot line, or as a 30-foot cone.

Ritual of Possession adds 2d6 to your channel, +4 to the DC, allows it to damage outsiders, and I believe adds +3 uses per day.
>>
>>47971596

Eiremians make the best spouses, true.

But Ethumions make the best lovers.
>>
>>47971595

To be fair, she's got a hot Russian woman body.
>>
File: bGCEKS2.png (229 KB, 1051x1393) Image search: [Google]
bGCEKS2.png
229 KB, 1051x1393
>>47971595
Yeah, but she's of human intelligence, plus in a human form usually at the time, so even people who don't like banging other species prudes can't really object.

It's not like you're fucking a dog. See the guide.
>>
>>47971608
You might like Kestrels as well.
>>
>>47971628
Blink Dogs have human intelligence as well. Just no alternate form
>>
>>47971644

* - If they're of sexual maturity

** - If they're consenting

*** - If that particular member is of human-like intelligence (or greater)
>>
>>47971632
Sounds like bird folk?
>>
>>47971628

She spends like 3/4th of the campaign in wolf form, once you're outside of the Howlings.

Unless you've got a polymorph spell ready for when you want to consummate, there's going to be some freaky shit going down.
>>
>>47971644
>>47971666

Oh the check mark didn't translate over.

Point remains. Though I can completely understand why people would have a stigma against that, but it's just personal concerns and not found on actual ethical objections. I still wouldn't, but I can't actual put together an argument against it.
>>
>>47971666
Doesn't she prefer getting freaky in wolf form anyway? And gets mad if you can't do the same?
>>
File: PF Greta.jpg (114 KB, 739x1190) Image search: [Google]
PF Greta.jpg
114 KB, 739x1190
>>47971711
Yeah, but she'll get over it. She's an adaptable woman, she's NE.
>>
>>47971711
>>47971716

Nothing says her preference in form while doing it, however she is described as a very mature, experienced woman and takes the fact her lover is a humanoid with frustration at first, but eventually accepts it.

Neutral Evil just represents her giving no fucks about other people if it means making the husband happy, sorts like the other famous NE around here, Tamamo.
>>
File: saber_nero_by_keit45-d6ghe19.png (578 KB, 1024x1188) Image search: [Google]
saber_nero_by_keit45-d6ghe19.png
578 KB, 1024x1188
>>47971744
TAMAMO IS SHIT TIER WAIFU REEEEE
>>
File: blinkling_rymon.jpg (39 KB, 278x400) Image search: [Google]
blinkling_rymon.jpg
39 KB, 278x400
>>47971569
Don't know what is up with that combination but it existed in 3rd party stuff back in 3.5 as well.
>>
>>47971750
Not like yours is any better.
>>
>>47971773
Gareth wrote it.

He must have a thing for giving dogs a bone :3
>>
>>47971526
>>47971611
The Fey Foundling feat will heal you (and only you) by an additional 2 every time you are healed. Similarly, the magical weapon Inheritor's Light used to add +1 healing per die of your channel, though I believe that has been errata'd. Ask your GM.

You would be wise to look at Variant Channels, as many of them have stronger effects than pure healing or damage.

The Envoy of Balance prestige class will net you the ability to remove the ECL penalty from Versatile Channel, to channel positive and negative simultaneously, or several other channel-based options, while the Holy Vindicator prestige class will get you things like the ability to channel as a 30-foot cone or a 120-foot line, and to add +<number of channel dice> to their AC.

The Death Domain cleric has the option to heal himself while channeling negative energy to harm living beings, making it an excellent choice for getting in close and spamming channels.

My personal preference for a channel-focused build is Death Cleric 8 / Envoy of Balance 2 / Holy Vindicator 10, using the Ale/Wine variant channel (half healing/harming, but any creatures healed ignore nauseated, sickened, and ability damage/drain from poison until my next turn, and any creatures harmed must save or be nauseated. If you don't like the idea of a booze-related channel, the Rulership variant dazes harmed enemies, which is even better than nauseating them, though it's heal effect is absolutely trivial, while the Pain and Disease variants sicken enemies, a weaker effect, but for longer.)
>>
>>47971409
Hey again /pfg/. Last thread I asked some advice about converting extraplanar pc races from 3.x and didn't receive many answers. See, the rules treat the outsider type inconsistently, using it for both anything extraplanar (98% of extraplanar monsters are outsiders, which results in the same silly paragraph about eating for pleasure being repeated a dozen times), nature spirits generically (kami, manitou, wakandagi, etc), or totally-not-undead-really (prana ghost, aoandon, etc). So I can't determine whether an extraplanar mortal race (eats, breathes, sleeps) should be a nonsensical "outsider (extraplanar, native)" or a sensible "humanoid (extraplanar, [race])". It's really silly and the rules should just drop or rename the outsider type since we already have an extraplanar subtype.
>>
>>47971792
I think it was a re-write. Owen Stevens wrote the one for 3.5, there was something with IP there
>>
>>47971862
Do it the 4e way.
>>
>>47971661
Aye, descendants of halflings & harpies. I was looking to make their origin cute.

>>47971792
My options were:

> Write Blinklings
> Drop the project after all the time I spent arguing that it needed to be fixed

I wrote Blinklings, as you can see.
>>
>>47971862
Give that planekin, who are only half-outsider and are in fact born on this plane, are outsider (native), it's a fair bet that whatever you're making is an outsider. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to be a (extraplanar, native), because (extraplanar) means "is not currently on its home plane" and (native) means "is currently on its home plane".
>>
>>47971862
Outsider: soul and body are the same unit
Humanoid (Extraplanar): mortals that happen to be from a different realm, but their body and soul are still two different things

Although I do agree, and I'm considering a bit of homebrew to condense the types down, with Outsider getting eliminated.
>>
>>47971744

That is why the posts about "Greta the nerd" always made me wonder if they've actually read her entry.

Greta's been around, you're nowhere close to her first and she's only interested in a long-term mate because she's finally all busted up and ready to settle down. Her single paragraph entry makes more than one mention about how experienced she is.
>>
>>47971654
and if you ignore that you're fucking a dog
>>
If Ssalarn still happens to check these threads, I would like to belabor a point that has no doubt been endlessly repeated in the past: a low-level vizier of the Path of the Ruler has an unbearably imbecilic party-debuffing mechanic.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/variant-magic-rules/akashic-magic/veilweaving-classes/the-vizier/paths-of-mystic-attunement/path-of-the-ruler

>Aura of Subjugation (Su)
>At 1st level the ruler's aura of subjugation has a range of 30 feet and all creatures other than the ruler within its area of effect take a -1 penalty to their Will saving throws and a -2 penalty to all Sense Motive checks.

As far as I am aware, this cannot be deactivated, so from 1st to 4th level, a vizier is actively debuffing their allies' Will saving throws and Sense Motive, and there is nothing anyone can do about it other than stay away from the vizier. (Low-level viziers must find it difficult to keep their friends close in the long term.)
>>
>>47972001

Nah, with a low will save and sense movie they must find it really easy!
>>
>>47971884
Origins are too iffy. I was considering something more like Mazes & Minotaurs: animate, beast, folk, monster and spirit, which pretty much covers everything that could possibly exist.

>>47971901
Outsiders don't eat or sleep. The races I'm converting do, but are native to non-material planes. The rules don't seem to account for this.

>>47971904
The problem, IMO, is more that "outsider" is the wrong name to use. It should be something like "spirit". This would clarify the meaning and let us toss out the silly native subtype used for planetouched and nature spirits.
>>
>>47972001
Oh yeah I've mentioned that one many times.
That and the pathetic, highly expensive growth of hand cannons.

Wish I'd been there the previous thread.
>>
>>47972001

Many of the veils suffer from "useless without a chakra bind" syndrome, which is worrying, because it means one should never, ever bother with them otherwise. For example:

Horselord’s Greaves
Descriptors: none
Class: Daevic, Vizier
Slot: Feet, Belt
Saving Throw: None

Veridian akasha sheathes your body from the waist down as you form a Veil of nature-infused energy designed for the specific purpose of making its wearer a master cavalryman.

The wearer of this veil gains a +2 insight bonus to Handle Animal and Ride checks

Essence: For each point of essence invested in this ability increase the bonus to Handle Animal and Ride checks by +2.

Chakra Bind (Feet): [D2, V4] Binding this veil to your Feet chakra allows you to cast the mount spell as an at-will spell-like ability with a caster level equal to your level. You can only have one instance of this ability active at any one time, and casting mount using this ability while a previous casting is still active instantly dismisses the first summoned mount. Any creature you are mounted on gains a +1 insight bonus to AC and saving throws, and 5 temporary hit points per point of essence invested in this veil.

And another:

Immovable Boots
Descriptors: [Earth]
Class: Daevic, Guru
Slot: Boots
Saving Throw: none

Your feet and shins are girded in a granite-like aura that grants you the stability of the earth itself .

While wearing these boots you receive a +2 insight bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.

Essence: The bonus to your CMD increases by +2 per point of essence invested in this veil.

Chakra Bind (Feet): [D1, G5] The reinforced connection between the veilweaver and their veil creates an elemental connection to the ground beneath their feet. The wearer can burrow through soft earth and sand at a speed of 10 feet + 5 feet per point of essence invested in this veil.

Good binds, chaff otherwise.
>>
>>47972044
The lava-walker boots are extremely limited as well, given the essence cost per resistance.

Snakehandler's gauntlets...

Riven Darts

Metabolist's Scarf...
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-26+at+08.58.51).png (49 KB, 863x273) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-26+at+08.58.51).png
49 KB, 863x273
OKAY UH ANON THIS EMAIL IS ACTUALLY FOR BOOK DROPS ONLY SO MAYBE DON'T DO THIS SHIT?

DON'T GET QANON WRONG SHE'S NOT MAD OR EVEN DISAPPOINTED, JUST... REALLY CONFUSED... LIKE JUST... WHY...

QANON TRIED TO DEAL WITH THIS PRIVATELY BUT MAIL BOUNCED ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, SO PUBLIC SHAMING IT IS, APPARENTLY?

ANYWAY MORNING ANONS AND ANONETTES, TODAY'S QUESTION OF THE ARBITRARY-TIME-PERIOD IS: WHICH NON-METALLIC, NON-CHROMATIC DRAGON IS BEST, AND WHY?
>>
>>47972040

The frustrating thing to realize about Hand Cannons is that for all its mediocrity, it is *still* one of the better veils out there, which is saying something. I can count on two hands the number of veils I would consistently be confident of striding into an adventure with, and then safely discard every other veil with great prejudice.

Path of War: Expanded's maneuvers at least present difficult choices, because they are *relatively* more balanced against one another.

It is painful to go through the veil list and see sorry excuses for abilities like this:

Lover’s Tread
Descriptors: none
Class: Daevic
Slot: Feet
Saving Throw: Will

The first being to shape this unusual veil truly believed that one could fall head over heels in love. The wearer of this veil gains a +2 insight bonus to CMB to perform a trip combat maneuver with an unarmed strike. As part of this attempt, the wearer may make a Bluff check (DC = target’s CMD). If this Bluff check is successful, this trip attempt does not provoke an attack of opportunity from the target.

Essence: For each point of essence invested in this ability increase the bonus to CMB when performing the trip combat maneuver by +1 and gain a +1 insight bonus to Bluff attempts against the target of your trip.

Chakra Bind (Feet): [D1] By binding this veil to your Feet chakra, you are able to release an intoxicating burst of akashic energy into your opponent. This energy serves to simulate a charm person spell targeting the tripped opponent. If you succeeded at the Bluff attempt granted by this veil, the opponent’s Will save has a -2 penalty to resist this effect. If you have at least 3 points of essence invested in this veil, the effect instead simulates charm monster.

This goes through far too much effort just to try to trip an enemy (if you fail the Bluff check, eat an attack of opportunity!), and the charm effect does not even circumvent the usual mid-combat +5 bonus to the saving throw.
>>
File: Mercury_Dragon.png (402 KB, 742x579) Image search: [Google]
Mercury_Dragon.png
402 KB, 742x579
>>47972103
>Reflector Wings
>Beam Breath

Mercury
>>
File: DMechLunarDragon.jpg (18 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
DMechLunarDragon.jpg
18 KB, 350x350
>>47972103
This motherfucker right here.
>>
>>47972120
Now I'm no chemist, but isn't mercury a metal?
>>
>>47972116

How the balls DO you make a Vizier work?

I'm looking over this and rather confused. Do I just dump stuff in a wand and play a 3.5 artificer?
>>
>>47971895
>>47971792
did Gareth do the 'original' idea, or just handled the reimagining?

cause it doesn't look like any of the team from Bloodlines and Bastards was involved with Bloodforge.

And if Gareth was just involved with the reimaginings, got to give props to making a good number of them sound more feasible things to exist then in the original book. But definitely needed a different artist for most of those compared to the original.
>>
>>47972141
They're not true metallic dragons however.
Only one breath (blinding reflector wings is cool but not a breath alternate) and some other thing they lacked I forget what, meant that they did not qualify.

Steel dragons are in the same boat!

BTW have we all been just naturally assuming anon also didn't want the gem/psi dragons? Because Cypher and Lorican dragons are badass.
>>
>>47972174
TL;DR they bought the art, Gareth was given the art and the original text, and told "make this into something we can sell".
>>
Can anyone help me find the definitions for these special qualities on Manu Manasaputras?

formless

positive energy affinity

subjective appearance

I know negative energy affinity means they take damage from positive energy and are healed by negative, but the opposite is already the status quo.
>>
>>47972174
Most of the race combinations were not my choice. We initially released Bloodforge under another name; it was pulled from the shelves nearly immediately, for legal reasons. While it was off the shelves, I worked with the author that had adapted it initially to un-fuck the various races.

Blinklings were not alone in being a race I wanted to scrap. Since that couldn't happen, I did the best I could to make 'em seem plausible and interesting.
>>
>>47972207
Okay, found 'positive energy affinity' hidden under jyoti. It means they can exist in the positive energy plane safely, and all healing spells are maximized on them. Still no idea on the other two.
>>
>>47972207
Did you try d20pfsrd.org search function?
>>
>>47972154

Ssalarn swears up and down that viziers are capable of filling any role, which, in practice, means that you are "supposed" to build a vizier towards a certain set of veils and then have those veils shaped at all times.

Veilweavers can shape different veils at the start of each day, and a vizier can do so on demand a few times per day, but why adjust more than one or two veils each time when your character has been set up to emphasize your "favorite" veils?

A vizier is less akin to a wizard and more akin to a weak sorcerer with some minor flexibility.

Paizo's occultist does the job of a tier 3, item-themed, incarnum-style "wizard" far better than the vizier ever will, and the occultist is even more customizable with Psionics Augmented: Occult material. I cannot see a good reason to actually play a vizier.
>>
>>47972216
You did good with what you were given. Hopefully you don't hold much resentment to the project as a whole.

>>47972219
Yes.
>>
>>47972216
I heard tell that the blinkings were your one "get out of jail free" card on the project. Confirm or deny?
>>
>>47972034
>animate, beast, folk, monster and spirit
Need to test this. Could anybody give me examples of monsters that could not easily slot into one of these five? (assume subtypes are in play)
>>
>>47972232
Not /exactly/, no. I played my one and only 'mystery' card on them; their origins are unknown, and they sustain their low-membership race mostly with each other. All the discussion that crops up whenever Blinklings are posted, with folks being creeped out and/or posting the Harkness test? That's why.
>>
>>47972234
Where do elementals and constructs fall?
>>
>>47972221

Right. I was trying to get 'Blasting + Mind Control' out of one and started tearing my hear out trying to make it not suck.
>>
>>47972207
Found it on the paizo site.

"Formless (Su): Most manasaputras are not defined by physical form, and choose to adopt a corporeal form at their leisure. Manasaputras with this ability can transition between corporeal and incorporeal forms as a move action. When a manasaputra becomes corporeal, it retains its Charisma modifier as a deflection bonus to AC. A manasaputra's natural attacks, unarmed strikes, and manufactured weapon attacks are only available while the manasaputra is in its corporeal form, with the exception of ghost touch weapons.

Positive Energy Affinity (Ex): Manasaputras can exist comfortably on the Positive Energy Plane, and do not benefit (or suffer) from that plane's overwhelming infusions of life-giving energies. Whenever a manasaputra is subjected to a magical healing effect, that effect functions at its full potential, as if enhanced by the Maximize Spell feat.

Subjective Appearance (Su): When in corporeal form, a manasaputra projects a psychic illusion over its body, masking its true appearance. Any creature with an Intelligence score of 3 or higher that views a manasaputra sees it as an idealized human form, though often with unusual features. Creatures physically interacting with a manasaputra can attempt a Will save (DC = 10 + 1/2 the manasaputra's HD + the manasaputra's Charisma modifier) to disbelieve the illusion. If successful, the character sees the corporeal veil as a translucent outline, with the fiery body of the manasaputra contained within. This is a mind-affecting illusion (glamer) effect."
>>
Also on the topic of veils, it is interesting to note that daoine sidhe ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pBP7kQ14gCc-xTsjIdK7EJov38IpDZFG73anj6KyifI/edit ) have this:
>Veiled One (Su): There are daoine sidhe that study the art of veilweaving rather than martial combat. They gain Shape Veil as a bonus feat (they do not need to meet the prerequisites for this feat) and one point of essence. This replaces fey guile and immortal swordsmanship.

This is an excellent deal, because it means they can start off with a 15% miss chance Robe of the Forgotten Deity (better than a blinkling's), 3d6 damage greatswords with an Armory of the Conqueror, +4 damage unarmed/natural attacks with Forcestrike Knuckles, and so on. It is quite the luxury to have one of the actually worthwhile veils with zero investment.

A daoine sidhe can even take Shape Veil and Extra Essence on top of this.

I am growing more and more convinced that the best of the veils are actually more useful for non-veilweavers than for actual veilweavers, which is a shame.

Buraqs (the akashic animal companion archetype) also manage to make very good veil-users despite not being dedicated veilweavers.

>>47972257

Veilweaving "blasters" are a mess because the even the "better" offensive veils (e.g. Hand Cannons, Frostbite Halo) are, on their own, nearly useless or literally useless (good luck using a Frostbite Halo with no cold damage abilities by default). They have their true potential unlocked only if they are pieced together with other highly specific veils (e.g. Frostbite Halo and Polar Snowshoes), and even then, that just brings them up to a vaguely acceptable level.

>Blasting + Mind Control

You want a psion.
>>
>>47972319

Yeah, I'm running into 'Ooh, this boosts fire damage...why is there no low level fire damage I can access?'
>>
>>47972243
Elementals are nature spirits, constructs are animated.
>>
>>47972373
What about rakshasa or manasaputras?

I'm guessing creatures like tieflings, aasimar and fetchlings are folk.
>>
>>47972393
>manasaputras
Spirits.
>>
>>47972373
>elementals are spirits
Alright I'm gonna need the definition of "spirit" from you anon
>>
>>47972413
>>47972406
>>47972373
It definitely seems like 'spirit' encompasses the traditional view of outsider before everything else got swept under that definition.

Manasaputras are anything from idealized versions of normal races to sentient bottles of positive energy.
>>
Another hidden "screw you" of the akasha rules is that veils are identifiable.

>Veils are nearly invisible until invested with at least one point of essence; a veilweaver gains a +5 circumstance bonus to Disguise checks to hide the fact that he has an uninvested veil shaped, though detect magic, true seeing, or similar effects automatically reveal their presence. As soon as a point of essence is invested in a veil they flare into tangibility and are easily noticeable.

>Identifying veils and effects:
>Information about a veil’s properties or effects can be determined using the Knowledge (arcana) skill according to the following table:
>Identify a magical manifestation as akasha or: veilweaving DC 10
>Identify a specific veil’s basic properties: DC 15
>Identify a specific veil’s bind effects: DC 20
>In areas where akashic magic is uncommon or otherwise unheard of, increase the DC of these checks by 5.

Even without investing any essence, you stand a chance of having your veils discovered. If you dare to insert even a single point of essence into a veil, it becomes obvious for everyone to see. Either way, veils can be identified by anyone decent with Knowledge (arcana).

Do not walk around with a [compulsion, mind-affecting] Vestments of the Maharaja with 1+ essence unless you wish to be looked upon askance by anyone with semi-decent magical theory. You *might* be able to get away with a Cuirass of Confidence though, since that veil has so terrible an essence investment that you may as well leave it at zero essence, although that veil's mind control has its own major issues.
>>
>>47972413
The "silly native subtype" such as nature spirits where everything both animate and inanimate has a kind of spirit behind it. Elementals are the spirits of those inanimate things given a living form.
>>
>>47972431
The rules feel like
Folk: Sapient, civilized, living creatures
Beasts: Real animals
Monsters: Nonreal animals and sapient uncivilized living creatures
Animated: Living inanimate matter
Spirit: everything else??

I don't.. like this system. It feels cramped.
>>
>>47972465
Oh, I assumed this was a breakdown of types of outsider, because outsider was becoming too much of a cramped title as it was.

That just makes it worse by giving the problem a different name and sweeping more things under it.
>>
>>47972200
well kinda goes without saying they 'bought' the art. I could be wrong but most of these companies, even big ones like WotC and Paizo really don't have resident artists but just commision the work from outside the company. There are of course preferred artists they go to more often then not, but I am pretty sure they aren't actually part of the company in general.

>>47972216
did a good job with what ya had to work with. I remember reading the original ages ago and just going 'who the heck would come up with this? and who thought this could ever become a liekable, profitable concept?'

Obviously this was before /tg/ developed a thing for shota dog boys.Now I have to wonder if they qualify for for the Halfling childlike feat.
>>
>>47972485
I'm pretty sure this is a subtle, clumsy attempt to try to crowbar Fantasycraft into Pathfinder.
>>
>>47972501
Reading comprehension, anon. I know how art in the RPG industry works. I'm saying they got the art BEFORE Gareth was handed the project, and he had to work with what they gave him.
>>
>>47972442
don't forget the [EVIL] ones either.

It is extremely easy for almost anyone save a random commoner - who will at least know to tell someone - to know exactly what the fuck you're doing and/or capable of.
>>
>>47972515
Oh guess we were both confused by each other then, I was just mentioning in general really that they needed a different artist, regardless of whoever was handling the writing of the project. Personally dislike being on proojects where someone essentially has me the artist do all the work and then they write everything around what the art depicts. Even more so when they want me doing interface stuff and then doing the coding based on what buttons I drew for them. Such a pain.
>>
>>47972501

The Childlike feat does not function very well by RAW, because it does not remove the massive -10 penalty a halfling would face for attempting to Disguise themselves as a Medium-sized human child.

That said, blinklings have the halfling subtype and can select it.

>>47972529

It is baffling how some veils are arbitrarily [evil]- or [good]-aligned for no reason at all. The Bloody Shroud, an awfully weak veil, is [evil] simply for... causing enemies to bleed? The Diadem of Pure Reflection, also a terrible veil, is mysteriously [good].

These are not just for flavor either; a veilweaver cannot shape a veil with an alignment tag that opposes their alignment unless they take a feat to do exactly that.
>>
>>47972560
So, here's my understanding of how the project went. DSP feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Green Ronin published Bastards and Bloodlines for 3.5

DSP straight ported it to Pathfinder, with no new mechanics or items, but buying new art along the way. This port was pulled because, iirc, they didn't strip all of Green Ronin's Product Identity?

The project is renamed Bloodforge and given to Gareth, who is tasked with turning a shitty straight port into a decent product, with proper Pathfinder mechanics and bonus content. But, since the art was already paid for, they weren't going to change or buy any new art, so all races still had to match their art.

The book releases, the art sucks out loud, and the artist (probably embarrassed at his art from, what, a year or two before at that point?) offers to redo it for free. We're in the middle of that now, I believe?
>>
>>47972608
>The Childlike feat does not function very well by RAW, because it does not remove the massive -10 penalty a halfling would face for attempting to Disguise themselves as a Medium-sized human child.

Human children are small, not medium.
>>
>>47972608
>it does not remove the massive -10 penalty

Yeah uh that's what Pass for Human is for. For halflings, it has Childlike as a prereq.
>>
>>47972608
I think the aligned veils are a hold over from an earlier version of the project that never got properly phased out, but really need to be.
The only veils that can be argued to even be appropriate for the tags are Deathchannel Ring and Dark Lord's Ring of Master (or whatever it was called) and even then, that is only if you are a dumbass who still adheres to the "muh evil necromancy" idea.
>>
>>47972640
so it was originally intended to be nothing more then just a straight up port with little care to the quality? Basically just a 'we feel like providing the backwards compatibility Paizo promised but did not really deliver on, but don't really like it ourselves so spending minimal resources on it'? That's kinda cool

> redo it for free
Dang man, that's pretty sweet, don't hear of that often.
>>
>>47972646

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/young-characters

There is no indication that a human child is of Small size, save for perhaps those of 7 or less years.

>>47972653

Two feats to pass oneself off as a human child is a steep investment.
>>
>>47972646
Disagree
>>
>>47972653
see >>47972646, no penalty at all. Pass for Human just grants the extra +10 and take 10. 12 total.

Obviously one might argue they can't really take pass for human if they got ears and tails, but on the other hand one could argue they could be passing themselves off as Agathion blooded Aasimar kids.
>>
>>47972770
But human kids are Medium?
>>
>>47972765

I want to pinch the cheek of a polymorphed bronze dragon until she cries!
>>
>>47972640
The art that's going to be redone has already been redone. We hit a snag trying to get the print version going in the form of all of our print files for it being more corrupt than a Roman senator. We're working on that but it's got priority behind some of our other stuff.

>>47972693
Ehhh. The bossman chose B&B because it sold well. The trouble is, it sold well nearly a decade ago, to a different market, before the rise of 3.5 and definitely before anyone knew what they were doing.

That we made something good of it doesn't mean it wasn't a bad idea. I'm proud of the work Matt & I did but...hot damn, it was rough work.
>>
>>47972765
>Two feats to pass oneself off as a human child is a steep investment.
You are aware this is /PFG/ currently discussing shota dogboys yes?
>>
>>47972779
Paizo disagrees.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-0/orphan-child
>>
>>47972780
Bronze dragon tomboy genki girls are my fetish.
>>
>>47972797
Those are fan-converted from 3.5 dumb-dumb.
>>
>>47972785
Have you guys considered ever releasing some "unearthed arcana: DSP edition" for pathfinder?
>>
>>47972857
'Unearthed Arcana' has meant different things over the course of thirty or forty years. You mind expanding on what it is you actually mean?
>>
>>47972779
>how do I make a child?
>apply the young template
>which reduces the size by one
>what size is an adult human?
>medium
>then what size is a young human?
>small
>so what size is a human child?
>MEDIUM DURH
>>
>>47972868
A large collection of alternate rules or house-rules that you guys think would be fun to play with?

Think armor-as-dr but hopefully not mega-shit.
>>
>>47972876
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/young-characters
>>
>>47972804
How often is your fetish fulfilled?
>>
>>47972779
>>47972765
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/young-characters

ah, there in lies some issues. The Childlike feat was written in Advanced Players guide, way before Ultimate Campaign. What existed back then was the template for young creatures which reduces size by 1.

Definitely some major conflicts going on, I never realized the ultimate campaign rules never bothered to address size related issues. Heck I find those sets of rules to have a lot of unneccessary bloat regarding classes imo. Personally I can not see an 8-14 year old being always and irrevocably medium in size or even small. The size variation is too much in both sides so personally I would solve the issue by saying depends on the kid.
>>
>>47972804

I would unironically read the first three chapters of a manga or comic featuring a bronze tomboy genki brown-girl, a proper silver-haired Justice oriented ojou-sama, and their dopey scheming golden-haired leader.
>>
>>47972921
You know that Small is 2-4 feet tall right?
>>
>>47972906
I can safely assure you that that there has been absolutely no discussion on that. I doubt it'd fly either, especially with how folks have reacted to us posting personal houserules before.
>>
>>47972910
You do know how small halflings are, right? They're not disguising as the prepubescents these rules cover. Halflings have the height of like 3 or 4 year olds.
>>
>>47972868
The 3.5 Unearthed Arcana book, the thing with the original Gestalt rules, Item Familiars, a bunch of alternate class features, and other cool shit?

This: http://www.tjlee.com/dnd/uarcana.pdf
>>
>>47972465
Beast should cover real and nonreal animals. Spirits covers stuff like demons and angels. Animate also covers slimes, jellies and plants. "Monster" is for everything else.

"Cramped" describes the 3.x types that can't decide what they're even supposed to mean. A smaller number of better differentiated types makes it easier to sort. If you can't determine where, say, elementals belong then you probably need to define what elementals actually are. What would be the difference between an elemental animate, elemental beast, elemental folk, elemental monster, and an elemental spirit?
>>
>>47972985
..>tfw the min and max height and weight of halflings of both genders line up almost perfectly with the average height and weight of 2 and 4 year old children of those genders

I always thought they were bigger!
>>
>>47972966
But people liked your houserules and they were good? Shit, I'd pay money for just a big book of "Hey man these aren't necessarily hard rules, but here's some good shit that you might wanna use"

Or just do a big 'playtest' document for it.
>>
>>47973002
And how do you make effects that affect specific classes of monster? How do you make a spell that affects all angels and demons, but not agathions and kami? How do you make a class feature that doubles your damage against plant monsters, and halves it against metal constructs? If you list them all by name, you've made a big frustrating pile of names AND it's impossible to future-proof. If you offload it into subtypes, you haven't solved the problem, you've just shifted it one bracket over.
>>
With Arcforge not coming out for the forseeable (I was told) future, are there any other functional mech or vehicle classes or archetypes available somewhere that we can use?
>>
>>47973003
So what you're saying is blinklings aren't shota, they're toddlercon.
>>
>>47973011
Maybe they could add it to their patreon queue and see if there's real demand for it.
>>
>>47972001
That was added to errata a long time ago, it just hasn't been updated in the main doc. The ability to exclude allies from the effect is shifted to 1st level.
>>
>>47972950
>>47972985
the height chart specifically mentions that is just typical sizes for the races and that exceptions exist. Off top of my head Ratfolk bypass the small size height by only 3 inches.

Rechecking the halfling sizes however, got to admit, did not realize they were that short. Coulda sworn they at least hit 4 inches. Yeah that does put a damper on things.
>>
>>47973011
People took our houserules as RAI gospel to confirm their own thoughts or biases, which is the greater concern.
>>
>>47973085
>4 inches
Anon are you sure you're looking at halflings and not pixies or in your pants
>>
>>47973068
Blinklings are a little taller than halflings (maybe they get called big guys).
>>
>>47972785
Yeah, many of the hybrid races were pretty bizarre. It was basically mad wizard experiment galore except with humanoids. The Races of Consequence aka Simply Bloodlines and Children of the Planes books has crossbreeds of all the PC races and various extraplanar exemplars (e.g. elf/dwarf and orc/leonal) and it still doesn't top anything in Bloodforge.
>>
>>47972917
Never ;-;
>>
>>47973090
Yo, Gareth, are Warlord and Stalker supposed to have good Ref saves RAI?
>>
>>47973044
You can't and you never could, not under AD&D and not under 3.x/PF. Keyword-based mechanics don't work without GM arbitration.
>>
>>47973093
feet I meant.
>>
>>47973085
I assume you mean 4 feet. Yeah. that's actually kind of weird though. The average 5-7 year-old is taller than a Halfling.
>>
>>47973148
Really because uh there's actually a hell of a lot of features that affect monsters by type.
>>
>>47971611
>Ritual of Possession
What's this from?
>>
>>47973160
I love that the dwarf is literally a forehead over the line. "ABOVE FOUR FEET. TECHNICALLY MEDIUM, GOD DAMNIT!"
>>
>>47973106
Not that I'm aware of.
>>
>>47973183
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18130777&postcount=337

What about this?
>>
>>47973163
And how are offloading things onto subtypes any any worse? Monsters can only have one type, but any number of subtypes. I would consider than an improvement over arguing fluff and crunch about what is supposed to be what.
>>
>>47973105

I would join a campaign with you based on getting cute dragon-girl waifus for solid royal bloodlines, anon.
>>
>>47973160
It always seems weird when I'm reminded that gnomes are taller than halflings.
>>
File: 1412638138044.jpg (27 KB, 349x328) Image search: [Google]
1412638138044.jpg
27 KB, 349x328
>>47973199
Aw thanks anon.
>>
>>47973188
Welp.

Look, anon: we'll get back to that when we post the errata doc for playtesting. Or at least when I'm not rushing out the door to head to work. I'll be a phone for the next six hours or so; please remain patient.
>>
>>47973220
Okay.
>>
>>47973213
It really feels like it should be the other way around, right? Halflings are child-sized (instead of toddler-sized), gnomes are just larger fey pixie things.
>>
>>47973090
If you mean the thing about 6th level initiators getting 9th level maneuvers, that's probably because it works out way better to just have it be a native thing rather than "Yeah you can do it, but you gotta do janky feat+PRC combos"
>>
File: 47973167.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
47973167.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>47973167
[PZO9255e] Pathfinder Campaign Setting - Chronicle of the Righteous, p. 47
>>
>>47973044
>subtype bloat
We have PRD effects right now that target specific animal phyla like birds or rodents, which isn't even a subtype. We can cope.
>>
>>47973231
Exactly, gnomes should be barely Small, closer to garden gnomes.
>>
>>47973276
Ah that explains why I couldn't find it, thanks.
>>
>>47973090
Just do it like this?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?195647-ErrantX-s-Homebrew-Feat-Compendium-II-This-one-s-not-closed!
>>
>>47973220
>>47973188
I wouldn't, they're already strong enough without crazier saves.
>>
>>47973332
what a weeeeeeeeb
>>
>>47973276
>>47973325
It should be noted that, RAW, the Ritual of Possession grants those without Channel Energy the ability to channel for 2d6 at will, with no daily limit on the number of uses. This is an error. According to Amber Scott, the author of said Ritual, the intent was 3+CHA times per day, as seen here. http://paizo.com/products/btpy8xe9/discuss&page=9?Pathfinder-Campaign-Setting-Chronicle-of-the-Righteous#418 However, no errata for that has yet been issued, three years later.
>>
>>47973255
Wait. Can't archetyped initiators, by RAW, pick up 9th-level maneuvers just through Advanced Study? I thought that was half the point of them having a full initiator level.

So how does it work, you have to PRC to set your progression to full? Where is the jank?
>>
>>47973403
It seems pretty obvious that when they say 'if you do not have the ability to do so, you gain that ability' as in, you gain the ability 'channel energy' under the cleric ability of the same name.

It specifies the DC change because you're not a cleric, but everything else should be the same. IE it doesn't specify the burst size either, but we don't naturally assume it's infinite. Thus it follows the same #/day rules
>>
File: 1459571738829.jpg (698 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1459571738829.jpg
698 KB, 2560x1600
So what's wrong with Arcforge? I wanna play a psychic warrior mech pilot but a reliable source says it's not good-for-use yet. But I took a look through and it seems okay. What am I missing that I need to fix?
>>
>>47973255
How the hell can you get 9th level maneuvers as a 6th level initiator?

Isn't it bound by your initiator level? Advance study doesn't give you higher levels maneuvers than you can normally get.
>>
>>47973440
Yes, they can, but you need to do PRCs and the feats to get it.

Rather than just... having it be innate, which the only reason it isn't is because of "product identity"
>>
>>47973475
your reliable source is a cock, re-examine their reliability.
>>
>>47973459
It does not say "you gain the ability to do so as a cleric", merely that you gain the ability to do so. I agree that the RAI is clear (especially given that the author clearly explained their intent), but the RAW is not.

Another point I have just noticed. It states that the damage of your channel ability will always affect evil outsiders, as well as undead. Nowhere in the entire ability does it say you must channel positive energy, nor does the ability you gain require you to choose positive energy. One who channelled negative energy, then, could use this Ritual to cause their channel to affect living and dead alike with impunity.
>>
>>47973480
>>47973483
6th-level initiators have a full initiator level, so by taking a PRC (which doesn't care about their archetype progression rules for some reason?) you suddenly can grab maneuvers of the appropriate level for a full initiator. The only thing hobbling 6th-level initiators is their chart, they have the actual initiator level.

So this is confusing. When they say "product identity" I assume they were either told directly or implicitly that anything that gives regular classes full initiation would, what, get the Pazio hammer to crack over their heads? You can't have a 9th-level initiation Fighter because it's too obviously better than Paizo even though the Myrmidon is already a straight upgrade?
>>
>>47973483
This is exactly what I'm talking about. That's not the only reason but it doesn't seem to matter; people wanted ninth level maneuvers on the archetypes and took one designers personal house rules as proof it was "meant" that way.
>>
>>47973568
Can you give me an example of a level progression that would give you access?

Also, do you mean the archetypes that limit your max initiator level, so you bypass that with a PrC? I just don't see how that suddenly jumps you to 9th level maneuvers.
>>
>>47973583
Because nobody gives a shit what you meant, people care about how it feels like it should function, and what improves the functionality of it. PoW functions better when you've actually got a proper 9th level progression. Without it, it falls kinda flat.
>>
>>47971409
Pathfinder is in dire need of rules cleanup. There are countless rules that are redundant, contradictory or so common they need to be standardized to stop wasting word count. Damage reduction and energy resistance need consolidation. We have a dozen variations of animal empathy (wild empathy, lycanthropic empathy, vermin empathy, blah blah), speak with animals (speak w/ birds, speak w/ snakes, blah blah) and various other special abilities. The different scaling between arcane and divine spells and would be better served by just limiting the spell level available divine casters to 7th level like in AD&D. Spell levels aren't even a good indicator of balance, since paladin-only spells are outright better than cleric spells of the same level and could be easily relegated to class features. Blah blah blah. For a game with so many finnicky subsystems and an obsession with systematizing everything there's an appalling lack of cleanliness.
>>
>>47973669
We have disagreements on that score. If we couldn't have made it work, we wouldn't have gone for it.
>>
>>47973668
Okay. So. The archetype chart spreads maneuvers across the levels in a progression similar to a 6/9 caster, with new maneuvers about every three levels. BUT it still has a full initiator level, just like the bard still has a full caster level despite never gaining 9th level spells.

Then, you take a PoW prestige class. Basically any of them really. That prestige class doesn't care about the archetype chart's 6/9 progression, because it uses the default 9/9 chart. It only cares about the archetype's initiator level, which is full.
>>
>>47973757
>Okay. So. The archetype chart spreads maneuvers across the levels in a progression similar to a 6/9 caster, with new maneuvers about every three levels.
Actually it's pretty much the same as full initiators have, only it stops at level 13.
>>
>>47973728
I mean, you didn't make it work, soooo...
>>
>>47973501
>>47973475
uh, PCs get mecha that boost all their stats into the fucking stratosphere along with retarded damage and special abilities to break action economy...

...into the trash it goes. if you looked at Arcforge and thought "this is okay" you're too far down the "if it's not a full caster this is okay" rabbit hole to save.
>>
File: emotionless sex.jpg (185 KB, 638x900) Image search: [Google]
emotionless sex.jpg
185 KB, 638x900
Would you an android?
>>
>>47973828

Seems to work fine to me. The Bard archetype that trades spellcasting for maneuvers is a blast.
>>
>>47973830
The mech stats for level are enhancement bonuses that don't stack with belts. It makes it easier to afford expensive ass technological weapons.
>>
>>47973828
Myrmidon straight upgrade
Ambush Hunter HUGE upgrade (hide in plain sight + move with BOTH you and companion to recover, flanking bonuses, companion gets to initiate)
Hidden Blade straight upgrade (invisibility forever)
Primal Disciple straight upgrade
Rubato is a downgrade, definitely, spells are too good to lose, but it's still Tier 3
Polymath is a straight upgrade
Warpath straight upgrade
No one has ever played a Marksman
Nightmare is sideways
Silver Fist is an upgrade
Knight Disciple in an upgrade

WTF are you talking about?
>>
>>47973836
So, could an evil perso/creature capture an android, shove it in some kinda demiplane where time moves quickly,steal the soul, and just wait for a new soul to inhabit the body? Repeat as needed?
>>
>>47973947
Maybe, but an android like that likely wouldn't be idle; either figuring out a way to escape or, if escape is impossible, committing suicide so no new soul will come to the body.
>>
>>47973986
Couldn't you just lock it up really well? Shit, there are spells that repair shit right? Couldn't you find a fucked up android refinery, magically repair it and have loads of fresh souls?
>>
>>47974025
They can still starve; their type is Humanoid (Android) not construct. They also need to breathe, so the only way you're getting away with this is magical domination.
>>
>>47974082
Forcibly implant a Clear Spindle Ioun Stone and an Iridescent Spindle Ioun Stone.
The android should be enable to extract them without external help.
>>
>>47974150
>be unable
Fuck my typos
>>
>>47973895
>invisibility forever
Only in combat.
>>
File: voxine.png (144 KB, 259x332) Image search: [Google]
voxine.png
144 KB, 259x332
>>47973836

I am open to the concept.
>>
File: 1461913730186.jpg (367 KB, 1033x1230) Image search: [Google]
1461913730186.jpg
367 KB, 1033x1230
Can Detect Magic detect (Su) abilities?

>To determine the school of magic, you make a Knowledge (arcana) check at DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + 1/2 caster level for a nonspell effect.
>>
>>47973669
I've found that pow works better with 6-level initiators. Burning feats to get the more powerful moves feels RIGHT, and tends to be a lot more balanced than OP shit like the warlord and zealot.
>>
>>47974287
Gambits are at-will abilities, anon.
>>
What martial classes do you guys most want to see "Unchained"?

Personally I want Fighter, Cavalier, Brawler, and Gunsliner, in that order.
>>
>>47974443
>Due to their reliance on the stresses of combat to bring out the best of the hidden blade, gambits cannot be used outside combat.
>>
>>47974449
Initiating voyageur archetype.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/voyageur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyageurs
>The voyageurs were regarded as legendary, especially in French Canada.[5] They were heroes celebrated in folklore and music. For reasons of promised celebrity status and wealth, this position was very coveted. James H. Baker was once told by an unnamed retired voyageur:

>I could carry, paddle, walk and sing with any man I ever saw. I have been twenty-four years a canoe man, and forty-one years in service; no portage was ever too long for me, fifty songs could I sing. I have saved the lives of ten voyageurs, have had twelve wives and six running dogs. I spent all of my money in pleasure. Were I young again, I would spend my life the same way over. There is no life so happy as a voyageur's life! [6][7]

L E G E N D A R Y
>>
>>47974504
Unchained != made initiators
>>
>>47974472
Ah, I see. Carry on then.
>>
>>47974449
Fighter and Gunslinger. The brawler is already more flexible than the fighter. Could definitely go for making Stamina a core ability for fighters and giving them access to Vigilante talents.
>>
Has anyone used the Armor Penetration rules for firearms from Arcforged? I'm thinking about using them in my campaign.
>>
>>47974393
That is exactly what it says, isn't it? Nonspell effects include (Su), which are magical but not actually spell-like.
>>
>>47974978
I definitely prefer them to firearms hitting touch AC, that's for certain. Sadly firearms were not really designed with this in mind.
>>
>>47974978
I have in combination with a Guns Everywhere setting. Liked it once we got used to it
>>
Does anybody have a copy of the creation handbook for spheres of power?
>>
Speaking of spheres of power, I'm having a little trouble with the Spellcrafting rules.

It seems like if you try to do anything that out there with it you end up very quickly with a spell tat takes forever to cast. Has anyone found some combos that do something useful but stick within a full-round or so casting time?
>>
>>47975421
Doubtful, since creation isn't even in playtest yet
>>
>>47975504
Somebody said that one version was around, but it got pulled quickly so not many people have a copy.
>>
>>47971628
Why do you keep posting this stupid shit?
>>
Is there any way to reflect mechanically the fact my character is a Eunuch?
>>
>>47975653
This isn't FATAL
>>
>>47975681
It isn't a fetish thing. Literally my character is incapable of engaging is coitus. I know there are effects that care about sexual attraction (stuff like Unnatural Lust). I did not know if there were traits or drawbacks that gave mechanical benefits/penalties for being a Eunuch.
>>
What's the irc /pfg/ hangs out on again?
>>
>>47975776
>Literally my character is incapable of engaging is coitus.
That's a fluff thing, not mechanics. There are no mechanics for pregnancy or fertility.
>>
>>47975792
#gofuckyourself on irc.cancer.net
>>
How do I build a member of the Steel Falcons?Third party is allowed, at GM discretion and all first party is allowed.We are starting at level 1 and going all the way to 20 (hopefully anyway).
>>
>>47975795
There are mechanics that revolve around sexual attraction. Mainly giving bonuses to saves against certain spells.
>>
>>47975795
Not that anon, but there are things that matter for attraction or the like. Some have a higher DC if you're attracted to the caster, and a eunuch should be immune to succubi level drain.
>>
>>47975872
Literally the prestige class called Steel Falcon
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/steel-falcon
>>
>>47975903
>and a eunuch should be immune to succubi level drain.
Uh, no.
>>
>>47975909
>How do I build a wizard
>You just choose the wizard class
No shit I knew about the prestige class what do I do before that and what feats and weapons do I use dumbass
>>
>>47973830
The stat boost is minimal, and is an enhancement bonus. Less of a stat boost than, say, Rage, or any other number of boosters.

The damage is far from retarded, in fact unless you really fuck around with the slot system most of the damage upgrades will come from not the mech; for the most part mechs only offer an alternative to "Powerful Build + 1 Enlarge". Most damage on mechs comes from multiclassing with something that GIVES you big damage.

Their real value is actually defensive: You get hardness (which does help), halved elemental damage, and a big stack of HP the damage you take gets shared into. Kind of like if you removed most of the utility and versatility of an Aegis, in exchange for their defenses not being worthless crap.
>>
>>47973830
Mechs cannot break the action economy, in fact mechs and vehicles don't even get their own actions unlike a mount.

An ECLIPSE can break the action economy... but that's not a mech. That's a Dread, doing what Dreads already fucking do.
>>
>>47975921
Why not? Succubi don't actually have any sort of lust aura, just a drain based on "acts of passion". And eunuchs.... well, they tend to have some issues with that sort of thing.
>>
>>47976109
It doesn't say you have to enjoy it. Moreover, even forced kisses from the succubus on an unwilling target qualify.
>>
>>47976132
True, but the base assumption would be that the target has some ability to feel arousal. Even if the succubus is kissing a gay guy, she can always take a male form, say just the right things or overpower him and rely on the response of his body whether he likes it or not. A eunuch... just doesn't.
>>
>>47976206
>True, but the base assumption would be that the target has some ability to feel arousal.
It is not.
A succubus can perfectly legally level drain a mindless creature.
>>
>>47973830
I don't see a problem. Put the party up against more powerful enemies, maybe with mechs of their own.
>>
>>47976226
Now I just want to see a succubus that tried to drain an ooze and got eaten.
>>
>>47975818
Well hang on now that doesn't seem quite right
>>
Is there an established way to stat losing an arm in Pathfinder? Our last session ended with the Barbarian getting his arm chomped off at the elbow by a shark, and he's worried that he'll have to retire the character for it.
>>
>>47976206
>True, but the base assumption would be that the target has some ability to feel arousal.

Wrong. The succubus is a supernatural creature, it can elicit desire from even things that should not possibly feel ANYTHING in the first place.

Thats why they are dreadful supernatural monsters.

I swear these threads have gone increasingly retarded as the months gone by.
>>
>>47976109
>Succubi don't actually have any sort of lust aura

When you have 25-30+ charisma you don't need any additional preternatural powers.
>>
>>47976079
They are set to lose hardness and instead have DR/- and some energy resistances.
>>
>>47976627
You would to seduce a Eunuch.
>>
>>47976583
The ability specifies acts of passion. If a being can not feel passion I say it would not work. Most animals feel a base passion and humanoids feel passion, outsiders, fey, dragons. However mindless creatures do not really. A eunuch would not either.
>>
>>47975962
Start as a voyageur and choose Weapon Focus as your first feat. A lot of voyageur players think dual-wielding paddles is the best option because it's obvious but voyageurs use Strength more than Dexterity, so it's well worth it for you to play a half-elf (Ancestral Arms feat) and choose Weapon Focus (Canoe). Your party won't believe how strong you become by level 3.
>>
>>47976737
Eunuchs can feel passion.

You are autistic.

Mechanics trump fluff.
>>
>>47976627
It doesn't matter how high your Diplomancy is, you can't seduce things that have no capacity to be seduced.

>>47976583
Really? I must have missed that ability. Is it (Su) or (Ex)? And the real threat is them being based on Christian values and "Sex is bad, mmmkay?"
>>
>>47976737
>However mindless creatures do not really.

Sure and mindless creatures can't be affected by mental spells and androids have no souls, but androids do have souls and mesmerists can affect mindless creatures with a trick.

If a creature cannot feel passion then make it, if a creature of absolute order faces you, break it, if its too young, too old, different gender, asexual, demisexual, panromantic aeroflux genderbinary tumblrspawn corrupt it, thats why a succubi is a succubi. Its not just LAWL SO HOT its seduction and corruption made flesh, an incarnation of lust itself.

>A eunuch would not either.

And my castrated cat still fucks no problems despite having no balls, and he isn't being seduced by supernatural creatures.
>>
>>47976737
No, it absolutely works on eunuchs, you fucking munchkin piece of shit. Please show your DM this thread so he understand that you should never receive any kind of bonuses or resistance to anything based on literally sewing your own cunt shut. How fucked up as a minmaxer do you have to be to want to play overpowered broken EUNUCHS because you think you can squeeze out an extra +1 somewhere?

Succubi can easily level drain you, and I hope they fucking do, while shoving ovaries up your ass so you can finally be pregnant with something other than your own writhing delusions.
>>
>>47976654
Yeah that's pretty retarded, they won't be worth taking in a lot of cases if all they offer is "everything ignores this DR" and "energy resistance but not so much that you don't override it with that ring you have to take anyways", which is what's gonna happen.
>>
>>47976832
>>47976917
Sure is salty, ineffective succubutt in here. What happenned, the paladin was immune to your charms?
>>
Does the fact that they can crossbreed with dogs imply that halflings are really no better than pets?
>>
>>47976832
>And my castrated cat still fucks no problems despite having no balls, and he isn't being seduced by supernatural creatures.
Are you sure.
>>
>>47977014
Paladins aren't immune, just more resistant against magical manipulation. Mundane manipulation works perfectly well though.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
>>47971409

Is this thing a boy or a girl

Either way, I kinda wanna fuck it.
>>
>>47977034
Cheliax clearly has the right idea. May even be treating them too much like people.
>>
>>47977034
they're halflings
half a person at most.
>>
>>47977077
They are better at resisting than most folks because of high charisma scores. Changing a paladin's attitude through diplomacy is relatively difficult compared to most folks.
>>
>>47977077
Diplomacy skill doesn't work on PCs and paladins get immunity to both charm and compulsion. Time fer a smitin'!
>>
>>47976917
Why are you so mad?

I mean I got my answer at least, there is no stated way to be a Eunuch, positive or negative. Being immune to a succubi's level drain or not doesn't really matter as it would only ever come up while being grappled by a succubi.
>>
>>47977099
Isn't there some bit of lore stating how they literally only exist as a reflection of humans?
>>
>>47977107
A relatively difficult task is not really all that difficult for a specialist built entirely around the idea of social domination. If you have on average 8HD worth of skills and a minimum of 27 charisma then passing high DC checks will still work more often then not, and thats not counting racial modifiers, situational modifiers, leverage, etc.
>>
>>47977078
Based on the eyes, hair, and lack of chest? in this artstyle, that's definitely a young boy.
>>
>>47977125
Who said the paladin is a PC and you can't reasonably smite something that has greater teleport at will.
>>
Energy Drain (Su)

A succubus drains energy from a mortal she lures into an act of passion, such as a kiss. An unwilling victim must be grappled before the succubus can use this ability. The succubus's kiss bestows one negative level. The kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell, asking the victim to accept another act of passion from the succubus. The victim must succeed on a DC 22 Will save to negate the suggestion. The DC is 22 for the Fortitude save to remove a negative level. These save DCs are Charisma-based.

Nowhere does it say this is mind effecting, a compulsion, or that only a kiss is required. Groping, frottage, dry humping, licking, tailsex, and all other acts of physical lust are perfectly viable, and nowhere does it list any creature that is immune. Anything that can die is subject to this attack and it's effects.

Now shut up.
>>
>>47977225
Because if it's an NPC then who cares, they get drained as a matter of the story. And hey, a full attack smite may very well drop the fiend before she can escape.
>>
>>47977034
The beast/humanoid hybrids in Bloodforge are the result of mad wizard experiments (again?!), as explicitly stated in their descriptions. Humanoids cannot normally crossbreed with animals or magical beasts.
>>
>>47977301
Which is odd because this means groping oozes work, the suggestion doesn't though.

Come to think of it the ability is partially mind effecting because it suggestions.
>>
>>47977225
Greater teleport at will takes a standard action. Lose initiative, you get a smite. Since smiting is a swift action it means you can even get a full attacks worth of smiting in a single round.
>>
>>47977339
No.

Suggestion is a mind effectign ability. The energy drain is a sstrictly supernatural ability that inflicts negative levels and may also include a suggestion effect.

Fucking rules lawyers trying to lie their way into shit again.
>>
>>47976939
What ignores DR/-? Adamantine doesnt. Path of War has some maneuvers thst do sure, but now Arcforge isn't a DSP release.

Also from my understanding

1. You dont get the defensive bonus from wondrous items
2. Its gonna be resistance to multiple energy types.
>>
>>47977339
Basically succubi are poorly written and inconsistent, not a big surprise since 3.pf came along.
>>
>>47971409
Could somebody who owns Halfbreeds & Hybrids share what hybrid races are in the book? I want to know before I buy since its not in the trove.
>>
>>47977398
Smite ignores all DR
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.