[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #879 Shit Gets Cosmic Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: JumpChain Starts Here.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JumpChain Starts Here.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47634023
>>
File: 4zxndk11t6x8v9_1280.jpg (199 KB, 728x1053) Image search: [Google]
4zxndk11t6x8v9_1280.jpg
199 KB, 728x1053
So when did you jumpers discover appetite for sapient humanoid beings?

Who is the last character that you consumed?

Do they taste better without ketchup?
>>
File: annoyed banchô-Anon.jpg (66 KB, 616x544) Image search: [Google]
annoyed banchô-Anon.jpg
66 KB, 616x544
>>47642974
never have, you're describing people. I don't fucking eat people!
>>
File: SburbLogotype.png (36 KB, 309x103) Image search: [Google]
SburbLogotype.png
36 KB, 309x103
>>47641214
Bit late, but here's your answer. Bards of Heart would allow the destruction of Heart, or invite destruction through Heart... Bard's a bit of a weird class.

Anyway, you'd probably be able to erode positive emotions and people's identity, expect manipulating people to erode their postive emotions, and stuff like provoking identity crisisses.
It's more passive than a Prince is, so you'd probably not get the blatant soul-ripping they do, but you could passively weaken souls and such. Eventually that'd ground them into husks of themselves.
As for destruction through Heart... well, you're using people's positive emotions and their own personalities against them and others. Basically being really, really good at making people /want/ to do that, I guess?
Maybe also some way to use your own emotions and soul to enhance your ability to destroy?

But mainly it seems a very manipulative class, much like a Bard of Rage.
>>
>>47642974
I make a habit of not eating sapient beings. Nonsapients taste much better anyway - sapients either taste like scavenger or preservatives.
>>
>>47642974
Considering how many empathy perks I got that sounds like a good way to lose my fucking mind.
>>
File: catputdown.gif (1016 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
catputdown.gif
1016 KB, 250x333
>>47642974
didn't, haven't, don't (want to) know.
>>
>>47642993
>you're describing people.

well those cooking perks need sharpening

>>47643016
>sapients either taste like scavenger or preservatives.

how did you come to that conclusion?

>>47643022
even for survival?
>>
>>47642974
Prototype, and reminded later in Godzilla. Mainly assholes with powers. I limit myself to villains.
I ate a few villains in the DC and Marvel jumps. Got some pretty cool abilities out of them, too.
I haven't tried with ketchup.
>>
>>47643031
>even for survival?
If my morality dropped that much then most of my companions are obligated to slay the monster ive become.
It probably won't come to that. Hopefully.
I dont know when im going to get to the bloodborne jump but it isnt going to end well
>>
>>47642974
Got a little bloodthirsty during Hellsing and Prototype, but even then I didn't really consume anyone. It'd much rather eat more delicious things, like awesome cp-brought infinite food, or distilled magic.

Okay... Aside from some of my companions' delicious magic blood. But that's just a few sips, not killing them.

Last character I actually consumed was probably Generic Vampire Nazi #578 or something.

And yes, blood doesn't really go with ketchup.
>>
>>47643040
>Mainly assholes with powers. I limit myself to villains.
>I ate a few villains in the DC and Marvel jumps.

sounds like a good way to do it

>I haven't tried with ketchup.

how about bbq sauce?

>>47643048
hope for the best anon

>>47643056
>like awesome cp-brought infinite food

these are the jumpchan's best gifts
>>
File: seriously.png (85 KB, 407x222) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85 KB, 407x222
>>47643031
>>well those cooking perks need sharpening

yeah and there's literally billions of other species to every one that can think, stop and consider what you're saying. Plus if you're eating the species you are there's all sorts of horrible side effects unless you cut out a good chunk of the edible parts.

>>even for survival?
There's plenty of perks that keep you from having to eat for survival, we're jumpers try again.
>>
>>47643071
>Plus if you're eating the species you are there's all sorts of horrible side effects unless you cut out a good chunk of the edible parts
Which applies to countless species, not just humans or sapient beings. Idiot.
>>
>>47643071
>cut out a good chunk of the edible parts.

gotta start somewhere, invite to pompadour island then have a fine meal.
>>
>>47643031
how did you come to that conclusion?
Before preservatives, people eat rotten food that they try to cover up with the taste of spices. Afterwards, they taste like preservatives.
>>
>>47643091
I don't see how what I said precluded the other part, also usually you're going to be a sapient being in most jumps so 1. It's a fair answer 2. What you said doesn't contradict what I said so I don't think there is a call to insult me.
>>47643099
1. I am technically the devil on occasion and I find that a bridge too far. 2. Taboo for taboo's sake is a good way to ruin your life. 3. Wasting food is bad. 4. You realize that this is beyond even my morality. You're literally acting worse than me.
>>
Jumpers!

With all the eating people talk; how have you dealt with various horror hunger drawbacks like drinking blood?

Before vampirism I had been developing bio-engineered limbs and blood for medical aid. I consumed a lot of my own work to get around having to eat actual people, but it set back my work a fuckton.
>>
>>47643123
>Before preservatives, people eat rotten food that they try to cover up with the taste of spices. Afterwards, they taste like preservatives.

good point
>>
>>47643149
maxed out on drawbacks to buy nine fridges full of blood for me and my companions.
>>
>>47643149
Man, I drink blood already, here in the real world. It's delicious.
>>
>>47643149
My companions feed me, generally. When they're vampires I feed them. If we're all vampires we try to take as little blood as we need, and extract it technologically to avoid contamination.
>>
>>47643149
Mostly I pester my companions for blood. They're fucking delicious.

But I can also just basically wave my hand and conjure some blood up. Developped a lot of spells after Geneforge got me a taste for them.

There's also the fridge. If I /have/ to. Ugh.
>>
>>47643149
For drinking blood I usually take my fill from the local blood bank, and leave untraceable currency/valuables behind.

>>47643144
>I am technically the devil on occasion
that's cool, do people summon or do you manifest at will?
>>
File: wat.jpg (261 KB, 1500x912) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
261 KB, 1500x912
>>47635937
>Locations
Maybe split up "Japan" into at least Tokyo and Osaka, if not more areas.

>perks
Good at shooting/Good at cutting should probably be "Either Good at shooting or Good at cutting is free, with the other at discount", instead of both being free to Hunter.

>Equipment
I don't think the equipment is very well priced, considering how useless some of the basic guns are against many of the ayy lmaos. Maybe the x-pistol/y-pistol/"shotgun" should be 100cp.
>>
>>47643149
by not taking them.
>>
>>47643149
Sims 3 has Blood Fruit. Done.

Other such drawbacks are a lot harder.
>>
>>47643237
Fair enough.
>>
>>47643221
little of both, it's pretty hard to summon the devil himself. Video related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Ozyshpmno
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>47642974
Uh...never, actually. >>47643016 is right, even in the darkest depths of our depravity while drowning in all the worlds' evils, we've always had a rather refined palate. You have any idea how sickeningly fat and tasteless meat that's spent most of its' time in an office cubicle or malnourished would taste, if we were ever desperate enough to eat it? No amount of any ordinary ketchup can solve that grossness, and if you just apply more ketchup to solve that problem you might as well be making a nice bowl of tomato soup for yourself.

Souls and spirits are a different story, though. We've come up with thousands of flavors and recipes. Though ever since perfecting the infinite soul-printing micro-multiverse system and perpetual spirit energy abattoir, it's been many aeons since we've eaten anyone-it's almost never worth the net metaphysical nutritional value. The most recent would probably be some nameless coruscating soul we consumed in Fallen London, which may or may not count as a character depending on whether you consider star spores to be alive or not.

>>47643149
Cooking, cloning and alchemying up our own supply. Gotta give all those cooking perks an outlet.
>>
File: catseyes.gif (635 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
catseyes.gif
635 KB, 500x312
Nostalgia Run #0 - Body Mod and Warehouse

Body Mod:

Medium
Athlete 100
Endurance 4 300
Speed 4 400
Dexterity 4 500
Flexibility 1
Metavore 600

Warehouse:

Electricity 10
Plumbing 20
Heat/AC. 30
Local Net 60
Forcewall 80
Workshop 90
Medbay 110
Free Space 140
Food Supply 150

Decided to start a minirun where I start with jumps of settings that had the biggest impact on me growing up. It's an unorthodox one as Pokemon is in there but it's not first, instead going from most impact to least (although practically it's going to get to about 20 jumps before I run out of stuff that I'm actually nostalgic about).

Body Mod is actually different for once, didn't go Charmer for once as I knew first jump would be Harry Potter and I'd be going in as a part Veela so it seemed a bit unnecessary. Instead filled out Endurance, Speed and Dexterity with the Athlete option making me pretty damn athletic. Flexibility is a nice bonus and Metavore is always great.

Warehouse is basically the same as it always is but no Pods or Return.
>>
>>47643285
>You have any idea how sickeningly fat and tasteless meat that's spent most of its' time in an office cubicle or malnourished would taste, if we were ever desperate enough to eat it?

I guess I better get some decent farming and breeding perks to harvest some instead, thanks for the ideas.
>>
File: antismileral.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antismileral.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>>47643355
See? That's a much better idea, if you're into that sort of thing. Better get some time dilation perks too, setting up a healthy breeding population can really eat into your adventuring hours. You'll want some restoration-and abjuration, in extreme cases-magic on the side to prevent parasites from getting into your meat. Also some terraforming if you like really gamey food, so your chattel have a good diet and proper exercise in a comfortable environment, minimising stress levels while optimising nutrient absorbtion before the slaughter.

Heck, with a little luck you could find some meat that doesn't even have the pesky taint of entropy on it. Now, we've never tried outselves but we've heard Taoist Immortals taste really, really good. And Mary swears by roasted elf leg-marrow and all, she's really into that paleo diet stuff-whenever you're somewhere where elves are immortal. High elf for stews, steaks and dumplings, dark elf for broths, curries and soup. She also says half-elf tastes like chicken.
>>
>>47643149
Depends where I am. I'm fond of mixing beauty and pheromone and empathy perks then waiting for my meal to take me to a nice secluded spot where no-one will here the screaming, If I like the universe and don't want to be opposed to the heroes I use self replicating biotech to feed myself, if the world is sufficiently violent I will just eat in battle.

>>47642974
1. God of war, so jump 3.

2. A Kree I regretted it.

3. Kree taste awful I wish I'd had ketchup to drown it out.
>>
>>47643439
>High elf for stews, steaks and dumplings, dark elf for broths, curries and soup.

what about dorfs?
>>
>>47643472
>A Kree I regretted it.

too much nitrogen?
>>
Whats with all this nasty gore shit being posted in thread lately?
>>
How do you folks handle things you learn and gain in jump apart from what a jump gives? I ask, because I'm in the middle of a D&D run and there are prestige classes I'd like to take that aren't offered in jump.

Do you guys rule in your own chains that you get to keep those abilities, the learned not the CP-bought, or do they not work outside of that jump?
>>
>>47643499
Conversation begets conversation. If you want people to talk about something else, offer up a new topic

>>47643514
If it is reasonably possibly within the context of the universe it is okay. You still have to have the baseline abilities to work with and without learning perks then you have to learn the slow way.
>>
>>47643514
>D&D run and there are prestige classes I'd like to take that aren't offered in jump.
many 3.5 jumps, maybe you can continue your class progression elsewhere
>>
>>47643514
Keep them but items have no warentee.
>>
>>47643514
Varies from topic to topic. Some things I can take with me and they'll work just fine, others are so dependent on the local physics/metaphysics that without the full weight of Jump-chan fiat that perks get they won't function elsewhere.
>>
>>47643477
>>47643439
I second this if your in a universe with them try elf or eldar they are delicious the infinite meat perk from carnivores is your friend.

Dwarf is as you would guess quite tough flavour is closer to beef than human or pork, definitely not a light meal.

>>47643490
They have this weird mineral protein complex that gives them there blue complexion imagine nickel mixed with sand and bleach I was a dragon and spitting out food someone gave you rude so I had to swallow. But never again.

On that note jumpers what do you use the infinite meat perk for? I'm partial to ivory lagiacrus personally.
>>
>>47643514
I imagine things would work as they would normally. So you could get the prestige class as long as you met the in-game requirements. It's just that you don't have an omnipotent godhead lady spoonfeeding you the knowledge and power here.

Basically, as long as a power or ability isn't exclusive or jump-banned, you can probably get it.
>>
>>47643514
I'm usually just going with learned abilities continuing to work, unless they're dependant on some outside thing.

Like, in D&D jumps you can usually just learn arcane magic normally, since it's just knowledge. (with the exception of Faerun's Weave, and if you purchase arcane magic there it also keeps working.) While Divine magic usually doesn't keep working after the jump unless you purchased it, since it comes from Gods.

Prestige Classes just build on what you already have, so it seems obvious you keep those.
>>
>>47643576
Honestly, when it comes to infinite food supplies I tend to view them as just a source of biomass rather than an actual meal. If I want something tasty I'll go out and procure it the normal way (for certain values of "normal", bizarre alchemical experiments count). Infinite meat supply is just for bulking up my biomass reserve.
>>
File: 1457361369824.jpg (95 KB, 468x541) Image search: [Google]
1457361369824.jpg
95 KB, 468x541
>>47643149
Swiss Army Wife.
Shared emotion and physical sensation, coupled with regeneration.
And maybe some slight sado/maso tendencies.

Well, "slight," may be a bit of an understatement. You get the point.

~And so do I.~
>>
File: 1422423719046.jpg (10 KB, 251x200) Image search: [Google]
1422423719046.jpg
10 KB, 251x200
That moment when you just look at the gear offered in a Jump and you're like:
> "I can make better"
I'm not sure if I should feel accomplished or sad at not getting free stuff any more.

Actually, as a general rule, could a Jumper use their various techniques and stuff to enhance the items they gain?
>>
>>47643576
I use the infinite meat perk for whatever I feel like. Probably mostly Toriko meats through.

...well, that's if I eat it. I also use it gather biological samples and add biomass to my form. I, uh, might've become a tiny Entity.
>>
File: MaryfromHR.png (355 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
MaryfromHR.png
355 KB, 600x800
>>47643477
"Ugh, talk about biting off more than you can chew. It's like eating old leather boots, if those leather boots were soaked in alcohol for hours. Definitely go with meatloaf. The guts make for good sausage material-hah, dwarf in the hole! Oh, and you can always break up the bones with his own pickaxe to boil for hours into hearty broth. But sadly, the meat's so tough that well done's your only option for steak unless you know someone with really finely tuned fire magic so-personally I just eat 'em live with my acidic blood, because the flavour doesn't get much better. Sure it gets messy but hey-you are what you eat, amirite?"

"Oh yeah, and the beards double as napkins if you're really in a hurry"
>>
>>47643630
Sure, why not?
>>
>>47643630
Depends on the item. In most cases, I don't see why not. In some settings, though, altering magic items ruins them, so you'd have to get around that somehow.
>>
>>47643630
Yes, almost certainly. I mean, there are some jumps that offer items that have inexplicable effects that don't seem to be based in magic or science, and are probably Jump-chan fiat manifesting directly. But anything else should totally be open for tinkering and experimentation.
>>
>>47643630
Sure? I mean, probably not during the creation of it, since they're already there at jump start. But after you get them you can enhance them as much as you want.

Also, that's why you go for stuff that just has inexpicable weird and/or fun effects you can't easily replicate.
>>
>>47643646
I don't want to talk to Mary from Human Resources... I want to be tier three...
>>
What's up with that coiling dragon jump in the drive? I can't seem to download it.
>>
>>47643712
It's shit, don't bother.
>>
>>47643712
...Did that cheeky fucker upload it?
>>
>>47643712
Wait, it's in the drive? Odd. Folks agreed it shouldn't be.

It might be a browser thing, though. I can't download anything on the drive on Safari, but Torch works just fine for me.
>>
>>47643724
Given how tone deaf and autistic he was in thread, is there any wonder that he tried to slide his power grab onto the drive?
>>
>>47643724
It's in uploads. Just gotta be thrown in WIP or out whenever Brutus looks at it.
>>
>>47643712
It's a doc, not a pdf.
>>
>>47643712
Ten points to Spacebattles.
>>
>>47643749
>Just gotta be thrown in WIP or out whenever Brutus looks at it.
Shouldn't even go in there.
>>
>>47643712
Just like with all wuxia it was too OP. Not even the drive can contain it.
>>
>>47643768
I don't give a shit about it, but note that I said wip, OR out of the drive.

So, sure.Thanks for agreeing.
>>
>>47643770
There are plenty of much less OP wuxias that would have made much better jumps though.
>>
>>47642998
Thank you.
>>
>>47643850
I was lobbying for the latter option. I didn't mean to suggest that you were supporting it.
>>
>>47643853
I don't know, is there any precedent for a Wuxia being a good and fairly balanced Jump?
Captcha, that's not a drink, that's candlewax.
>>
>>47643862
No problem. Always happy to help when questions come up.
>>
>>47643906
I would say that Soul Land would be a better one, Title Douluo are nowhere near powerful (by chain standards) and they represent the peak of the setting. I know that the MC takes one step past that but he is a Sue and it can't be that much stronger than the Title douluos.
>>
File: image.png (683 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
683 KB, 1920x1080
>>47643646
Was I only one who thought Bloody Mary's human form was hot? Sure she's all kind of psycho & wouldn't hesitate for a second to kill her, but she was hot.
>>
>>47644017
I imagine a lot of people feel that way. Beauty is beauty, but psycho is thankfully a mood killer for the saner parts of humanity.
>>
>>47643973
As far as I can tell, there isn't a Jump for that so it's a bit hard to use it as an argument.
>>
>>47644048
I know but I am using it as an example of a lower power Wuxia that would probably make a better jump. The power system is much less complicated and it is a setting that lacks uber OP powers.
>>
File: slytherin.png (103 KB, 291x323) Image search: [Google]
slytherin.png
103 KB, 291x323
>>47643339
Nostalgia Run #1 - Harry Potter

Pure-Blood 100
Wealthy 200
Slytherin
Great Cunning
Dedicated 300
Clean Blooded
Setup Wizard 500
Legilimency 600
Veela Blood 1000
Wand - Walnut, Dragon Heartstring
Pet Owl
Nimbus 2000
Dragon-Hide Jacket
Horcrux 1300
The Trace 1000

Unsurprisingly I was obsessed with Harry Potter as a kid.

Build is pretty pretty different from the main run. In that I went as a Gryffindor muggle-born. Only similarities are I think Dedicated, Setup Wizard and Veela Blood.

It's pretty much a whole different animal though, instead of messing about with the plot and basically following the protagonists around I'm staying as far away as physically possible from the plot.

Rolled Slytherin and I always thought you generally get the best out of the house you roll (as is alluded to in the jump) so went with it. It's also basically easymode as Snape has your back. Great Cunning is a nice perk for being naughty and not getting done for it as well.

Pretty much need Dedicated as I'm pretty lazy and easily distracted.

Clean Blooded is great early on.

Setup Wizard may make me a minor pariah but I figure with the perks I get here I'd be socially adept and handsome enough to pull it off. Can always just go on about using the weapons of the enemy for the hardliner bigots in my house.

Legilimency is just neat.

Veela Blood makes me ridiculously good looking and makes the jump even easier to have fun in.

Wand I went with was because it is powerful, innovative and will do what I tell it.

Will probably go for a classic Eagle Owl.

Took Horcrux as not getting killed seems more important than not using a wand at this point.
>>
File: 2011-03-28.jpg (244 KB, 650x773) Image search: [Google]
2011-03-28.jpg
244 KB, 650x773
>>47644017
>>
Hello everyone. I come bearing the tidings of a first completed draft of a Mage; The Awakening jump for peer-review, critique and hopeful submission to the drive.
>>
>>47643576
>infinite meat perk for?

experimenting with gourmet cells
>>
Have you ever wondered about drawbacks that send someone after you with full knowledge of your powers? After a certain point do you ever start to feel sorry for the poor sod with a drawback enforced quest to kill you despite knowing what will happen to them when they face you?

>Jump Chan: There is an asshole I know who can turn you to dust with a thought and would see you coming no matter what angle you were to attack him from.

>Poor Sod: Well I am staying away from that guy.

>Jump Chan: Well I am going to need you to try your hand at killing him.

>Poor Sod: No, fuck that.

>Jump Chan: Sorry you don't get a choice, enjoy working towards an unwinnable battle likely to kill you in way a multidimensional loony would describe as "creative"..

>Poor Sod: FUCK!
>>
File: 1465036667574.gif (428 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
1465036667574.gif
428 KB, 200x183
Hey, Thread, encountered a small problem with the SMT jump I can't quite parse

If I take World of Chaos, does that mean it's strictly impossible to recruit demons, or does it just mean that the terms of recruitment...change?
Does it also mean I can't take a demonic companion a la Pixie?
>>
>>47644187
Could I request a +0CP drawback for actions in other nWoD jumps to carry over to this one?
>>
>>47644255
Huh, could have sworn I put that in there. But yeah sure.
>>
>>47644187
Still reading through it, but so far liking what I'm seeing.
>>
>>47644187
Iron Stamina isn't the same tier as the other 400ers for my CP. Cooldown and wording on Inspiring Speech makes it pretty limiting as well.

Haven't read through it all but it seems dead neat.
>>
>>47644243
After speedster ras'al'ghul i will never pity them again. On that note do not kill zoom if you take league of assassins and it was me jumper together.
>>
>>47644243
Well, many such drawbacks give your designated enemy some sort of power boost to make up for it. But some don't, and so yeah, you do have to feel bad for the person in question. Like, in Worm, there's the drawback that makes Uber and Leet know what you are and come after you because they're jealous of you being a jumper. And yeah, it makes Leet's shard stop trying to kill him, but that's still not going to make Leet competent. He's going up against a multiversal god-thing empowered with the abilities of all his favorite games and anime, with his dumb little gadgets. Poor guy.
>>
File: 3ab.gif (825 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
3ab.gif
825 KB, 500x288
>>47644243
I was thinking about that while I was planning out my 5-jump-run and remaking it
I went to RWBY as my second jump, after taking Overlord as my first
btw i had no idea how...good the overlord jump was for a first jump until i read it wholly
and took Cinder's List
I imagine pic related went on as she realized she had all the knowledge she could want on me but none of the power or ability to act on an actual plan to deal with me
It didn't end well for her
ended very well for me, in the post-cinder being burnt to cinder celebration[/spoiler[
>>
>>47644247

I asked this before, and unless I'm remembering incorrectly it's still possible to recruit the friendlier and willing to leave once the others are gone demons.
>>
>>47644300
They're as close approximations to merits found in nWoD as could be reproduced here. There are limitations however on what might be considered useful in a roleplaying game vs. a jumper however...I may need to take a second look at that.
>>
>>47644314
Leet is an ANYTHING TINKER and they are still alive after years with his one attempt limit without his shard trying to kill him he is actually pretty threatening.
>>
>>47644187
Question-is there a limit to how many times you can purchase Never Enough Time? As written it appears you can spend trillions of years in the New World of Darkness.
>>
>>47644187
Looks great. If I may make a suggestion, and everyone else feel free to say no to this if it's stupid: consider not capping Gnosis and instead capping Arcanum. This way people can learn Legacies third Attainments, and raise their various Arcana higher as they do so.

It would allow you to lock off Archmastery without barring the cumulation of Legacies .
>>
>>47644357
Excellent, I'd hate for my purchase of Demon summoner and a COMP+the digital devil summoning program to go to waste.
Dormant Power isn't cheap, you know. and as much as I like the idea of summoning demons, I also like the ideas of using the Jakyou manor as a hefty source of demonic bodies for Infusion purposes, which probably requires me to A) have a compendium and B) to be able to get some demons willing to get into a fusion pod long enough for me to get their DNA ready. I don't care if they stick around, I just need to have their bodies on tap for whatever madness I want to make happen in SBURB.[/spoiler[
>>
>>47644374
No, he isn't. Leet has access to a wide range of the full Tinker tech tree, yes, but he's not a strong Tinker. He's limited in what he can build, even without the "only once" restriction on his shard. He does not have anywhere near the power that fanon likes to ascribe to him. And the reason Uber and Leet are still alive after all these years is because they avoid danger, not because they're competent. Well, I suppose knowing that you're too weak to be a threat to anyone important and avoiding them is a form of competence in a way, but they're going to be ignoring that when it comes to the drawback.
>>
>>47644187
I'd say to post it again in a few hours, since not many are on around now. But on with the critique.

>Accuse publicly
This feels a little too good for just 100cp. I think changing the 'smallest of gestures of reconcilliation' part would fix it, either removing it or at least making it a lot harder. Saying sorry to someone you shifted the blame of a serial rape+murder spree and having them forgive you is kinda crazy. First part is good though.

>Everyone Has an Agenda
Again this seems just a little too good. I'd say you should limit the awareness of the consequences of schemes to only schemes you actually know of (As in know what the scheme is and have some general info on it) rather then any you detect with the first half of the perk.

>High Speech
If disbelief is no longer a thing post jump, this gets a massive boost in power. I think maybe having disbelief apply post jump only if you are using this perk, meaning it retains it's negative side rather then just becoming a free boost to the power, effectiveness and duration of all your magic.

>Like Houdini
Perhaps a note that some sufficiently powerful supernatural restraints will not be bypassable with this?

>No Strings on Me
This is a really great perk, but it's also way too good to be just 400cp. I'd put this more on capstone level.

Not that familiar with the series so I can't really comment on Arcanum or Gnosis stuff (Werewolf was more my thing)

>Time Flows in Many Streams
The mention of paradox allowing more stuff to be done before becoming active here, does this apply post jump or will it be as normal for a modern mage game post jump even if you choose to spend your jump much earlier?

>Never Enough Time
This isn't really drawback worthy. Dying of Old Age is only really a factor if you take it 3 or more times and there are almost certainly plenty of work arounds in universe. I'd say to make this a 0cp drawback with a max of 6 buys.

Other than that it all looks great!
>>
>>47644381
I suppose you could, but you could not gain more than the 600 CP drawback limit for taking it more times.

>>47644381
I can say that I do have a plan for Legacies but I'm afraid that will need to come at a later date.
>>
>>47642974
Look, it was only once. It was Forgotten Realms, we were lost in the Underdark, and we had run out of food. It was either eat the Drow or starve to death.

The less said about the taste, the better. Damn my cooking perks.

>>47643149
Hellsing certainly was an interesting experience. I did drink blood to keep up my vampire powers, but I couldn't get over the taste of raw, lukewarm blood. I started using Prestidigitation to make it taste like Fruit Punch. Never got used to the cloying texture though. Thankfully now I've developed a chemical alternative.

>>47643514
I try to apply common sense to the problem. If the ability runs on some power source not available outside of its own Jump, I generally rule that it can't work unless I buy it, at which point the power source is the Jump Coordinator itself. Skills are generally good to go, so even though I was a Wizard/Sorcerer for Forgotten Realms, my Companions taught me enough that I could pass for a lower level fighter, rogue, or bard if I had to. Technology is pretty safe to not buy, but if it requires something exotic as a power source or wild materials to reproduce, I'll probably get in trouble down the line if I don't Buy it.
>>
>>47644437
I think you misquoted me and-to clarify, I'm kinda with >>47644429 on this one if only because taking that along with the 100 CP drawback would practically turn this into Generic nWoD jump
>>
So, the Mage jump made me remember this old thread from the rpg.net forums: https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?410602-nMage-An-expanded-capability-based-analysis-of-the-Five-Paths . Makes for an interesting list of what you can do just with the freebie Arcana you get, might help people make their decision.
>>
>>47644243
I took the drawback in avatar that gave ozai knowledge of all your abilities and had him try to hunt you. This was around about jump 300...
>>
>>47644445
>It was either eat the Drow or starve to death.
Its okay if its a drow
>>
>>47644492
That is just wonderful.
>>
>>47644369
Yeah it's sort of for the same reason that the 600 CP Order perks work so well as they have a lot of really useful implications for other settings and other sorts of magic.

Difficult to toe the line between overly meta and useless for jumpers. Don't have much to suggest for the Iron Stamina one though unfortunately as it's just the sort of perk that shows up all over the place and usually isn't that expensive in a setting with this much useful stuff.

While on the subject of 400 CP perks, this dude:

>>47644429

mentioned No Strings on Me which provides an immunity to magical mind control and I'd probably say that it's better than Unbound Casting as well.
>>
>>47644508
The Drow themselves would probably agree with you.
>>
>>47644314
Speak for yourself. Turns out they don't need to beat you up to make life miserable. That stupid video stream...
>>
>>47644429
Dang, computer quit on me and I lost me train of thought, so this is going to be a bit briefer.

I'll reword the first two.

High speech may give you a boost but it's still a kick-me sign.

I found several other freedom perks similar to houdini and no-strings on me and adjusted the cost of those perks based on what I found.

As normal for a modern mage post-jump.

I'm actually considering an addition to that drawback that it counter acts ant-aging perks.

>>47644457
Yes you're right I quoted you twice there my bad, I meant to respond to >>47644376
>>
>>47644422
list of cannon feats
1) solid hlogram explosives
2) only example of power overwriting tech we see outside bonesaw and the simurgh in the swarm box
3) description of his power in worm references WoG "Defiant has the 'tinker up efficiency hybrid/minimized technology' skill tree. Stinger has the 'missile' skill tree. Tecton has the 'Seismic and Architecture' skill trees. Leet has all of them, but all throughout those trees are entire sections with 'Use of this technology has a X% chance to fail'. You get further away from one design, that chance drops, but it's still there." he has the full trees.
4) by cannon he has burned out biotech hardlight and robotics
5) Somehow makes links sword despite that.

he has one of the strongest shards it is his connection thats weak we get reference to this with discussion of his passenger during the s9 ark get his connection less fucked and he's solidly tinker 8-10.
>>
>>47644544
I still feel that as long as Worm isn't a very early jump, you should have no problem dealing with them in any arena. They are not very smart people.
>>
>>47644568
>I found several other freedom perks similar to houdini and no-strings on me and adjusted the cost of those perks based on what I found.
Could you tell us which ones these were?

>I'm actually considering an addition to that drawback that it counter acts ant-aging perks.
Still doesn't change that for 1 or 2 purchases it's mostly free cp. And once again, potential in universe solutions to solve it for even more purchases.
>>
>>47644568
Sorry, post didn't include this bit.

>High speech may give you a boost but it's still a kick-me sign.
So is that a yes on the disbelief effect remaining?
>>
>>47644568
Eh, I think the big problem with No Strings is what >>47644519 pointed out. It's better then the capstone and by a fair margin. I don't know of any other perk that gives quite that broad an immunity against outside control of you.
>>
>>47644574
You're missing the point. Leet is incompetent. You can unlock his full Tinker abilities and he'll still make worthless tech because that's who he is. He has the full tech tree for every Tinker speciality, yes. That doesn't mean he can apply it intelligently. Shards don't do all the work for you when it comes to thinking of ways to use them, especially Tinker shards. A Leet without the "one use" limitation would be hypothetically the greatest Tinker in the world, but practically he's not going to be making anything all that impressive.
>>
>>47644187
Do you have to deal with Spell Tolerance and control? Can you relinquish control with an effort of will (spent a point)? Is Temporal Lifeline banned since Imperial Mysteries limited time travel on that scale to Archmastery?
>>
>>47644595
AH, found them. Well, two of them. There was a third but I can't recall where.

The ones that I COULD find were Breaker of chains from the Bartimaeus sequence (which upon re-reding is essentially Both the houdini and and no-strings perks) as well as incomrehensible from young justice (granting freedom from mind-control in addition to a number of other benefits there-in).

But I suppose I could always re-spec no-strings to the 600 cp slot.

>>47644611
Disbelief does not remain. I believe it would be punitive to make it remain in effect for that single perk and nowhere else. However when you use it everyone KNOWS you're doing magic and so will likely try to stop you.
>>
>>47644315
Can you give me change for a penny?
>>
>>47644677
Where it is not described in jump assume it works as described in the rulebook. And yes, hard-nerf on temporal lifeline.
>>
>>47644649
Unless he was motivated that is. It'd have to be something big though, like getting to go to a videogame world. No, bigger! All the videogame worlds. Bigger! Any world that could potentially be out there.

Sure is lucky he doesn't have something like that motivating him, isn't it? And man it's a good thing his friend can't become an incredible strategist or anything like that.
>>
>>47644699
That's not really a good substitution. It's not punitive to prevent one perk from suddenly gaining an enormous boost in power when no other perk does and people just knowing you are doing magic doesn't really matter when a lot of the magic you might be doing is obvious anyway or it's in a magic world and there is still no guarantee that they will stop you even if they know and neither will they be anymore effective at stopping you then before.

All together, it makes more sense to keep the limit or change the perk, as otherwise this one perk suddenly gets way better then any of it's tier equals.
>>
>>47644422
So what if he actually sought out danger, would his shard evolve to point where the 1 time limit no longer applies?
>>
>>47644699
Breaker of Chains costs 600cp, only applies to magic or physical things that restrict you (No strings applies to anything that attempts to control you, much much broader) and explicitly notes that advanced enough tech or strong enough magic can still hold you (Houdini implies that with enough time you can break out of anything no matte how powerful). You can get both perks for the price of Breaker of Chains and together they are significantly better then BoC is.

Incomprehensible is another 600cp perk. It only affects mental control, not physical control like No Strings does nor the ability to ignore contracts. It does have several side bonuses but it also costs 200cp more.

Hope this proves that both perks are significantly better then or at least equal to the perks you used as comparisons, despite being cheaper or, in the case of the first example, equal in price but much better then. Hence why I'm saying Houdini at least needs a limit of advanced enough tech/magic being unaffected and that No Strings be reduced in power. You are using them as a comparison to justify the choices afterall.
>>
>>47644724
His friend can't become an incredible strategist. That's not how Uber's power works, he learns techniques and not skills. He has instinctive knowledge of how to do things but not instinctive knowledge of how to apply them. It's like knowing how to throw a perfect punch as part of a kata but not how to use it in an actual fight. So he'll know the principles behind being a great strategist, but he'll be limited to his own native ability to use them. He's actually a lot like Leet in that regard, has a power that sounds super broken but is limited by his own (lack of) competence.

And I stand by my belief that even a motivated Leet isn't going to make anything very useful. He's not going to innovate, not going to see the points where his arsenal of technologies can cross-pollinate in useful ways. He's just going to go about making dumb little gadgets that are technically very impressive but have no real thought put behind them. Potentially powerful, sure, but nothing that can't be defeated with some cleverness. If anything, he's more likely to blow himself up than ever before, because this is the sort of scenario where he's likely to get cocky and overextend himself.

>>47644749
Probably not on its own, though it's canon that it would stop trying to blow him up. But the drawback does remove the one use limit, so it doesn't matter. Still, it's only a 100CP drawback. He's not going to be a huge threat.
>>
>>47644437
Sorry but, why are you cutting out Legacies like this? I know not everyone has them be as important as the games I've played but they're a big part of the setting and it seems strange to exclude them like this.

Your notes say you have a plan for after expanding on two things that are already in the jump. Could you perhaps give an outline of your idea?
>>
>>47644727
I'll nerf high speech then from "significantly increase" to "moderately increase" then.

>>47644763
Houdini does have that clause built in though "Supernatural restraints however are a bit of a different animal and will require significant effort to escape from."

And No strings on me is also specifically defined to only mystical compulsions. I will take out the effect on manipulations of the body though.
>>
>>47644311
Hehe speedster Ra's.

Too bad they FUCKED UP RA'S in Arrow, like always goddamn the show was great for 2 seasons and then they started catering to the Olicity crowd. Season finale for S1 Legends of Tomorrow? Bad ass. Season finale for S2 Flash? Mindblowing. Season finale for Arrow? Meh. Sure there was nukes going off but Felicity saved the day again.

Felicity was actually paralyzed for awhile in this season. She got better because she's Felicity. At least when Zoom broke Barry's back, he had healing factor and it took him a week. Not to mention the PDST he had for awhile.

Well with what happened in S2 of Flash, I'm not suprised if Arrow becomes non-canon. Also I hope Supergirl isn't as shit as it was on CBS. $3m/episode thanks to filming in LA vs Vancouver.
>>
>>47644781
Because Legacies are a really big thing and to include them in a short-as-jump as this would be a disservice. My plan (if all goes well) is to deliver a supplement specifically addressing legacies and all that they entail at a later date.
>>
>>47644838
>Houdini does have that clause built in though "Supernatural restraints however are a bit of a different animal and will require significant effort to escape from."
No, that's not the same thing at all. Breaker of Chains explicitly says "Powerful magic and advanced science can still hold you, as can high level entities". It doesn't say "with enough effort you can break free still", it just says they can hold you. Your perk means that with enough effort you can escape from any supernatural restraint whilst Breaker of Chains says that if the restraint is strong enough, you won't be getting help from this perk.

Taking out the manipulations of the body does go a long way and arguing further on it is annoying, so I'll leave that point as is.
>>
It seems to me that it is impossible to fail 11th: Our Hero or Black Roses Never Wither from Dragon Lance without dying. Is that true? It seems like they are both just situations that you are forced into and have to survive. (Though that could still be quite challenging for an early chain jumper, seeing as they are a war and death knight respectively).
>>
>>47644868
Ok then. I wish you all the best in getting it done.

My fixation on Legacies aside this is an impressive jump. Good work.
>>
>>47644100
Nostalgia Run #2 - Pokemon

Sinnoh
15 years old
Starter - Totodile
Small Town 50
Physical Fitness
Combat Training 150
Technician 300
Aura 600
Savant 1200
Champ in the Making 1500
Marked 1300
Hunted - Zekrom 1000

As the idea of this minirun is to go from most obsessed to least Pokemon comes 2nd rather than the usual 1st. To be honest I'd much rather it be the other way round as Savant alone is basically enough to make you one of the greatest wizards who ever lived in Harry Potter. Instead I get to take some more hardcore drawbacks as I have magic to help out with them.

Couldn't really decide between Aura and Psionics as usual, figured Aura was the more useful at the end of the day at this point as Psionics are probably made more redundant by Potterverse magic.

Other than that it's largely just my standard build with the edition of Combat Training which is nice and Technician which I mostly took with Setup Wizard in mind. Magic pokeballs bro.

Took Marked as I can do some awful things to people with HP magic and it's not that dangerous on its own. On this one it'll be Team Galactic who I'm probably going to want to deal with given the whole 'meddling with powers you cannot understand' aspect of their plans.

I also took Hunted and then rolled for the legendary I was hunted by. Could be better, could be worse. Zekrom is a powerful if kooky dragon with a head full of high ideals and he wants to zap me to death. But first he must catch me and I am both cunning and full of tricks.
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 750x1000
>>47644187
So, "Lucky Deck" it can be any deck of cards? Like say you play round of poker, then you pack up, the cards rewrap themselves. Then you go to a MTG tournie, the same cards become a MTG deck? What happens when you lose or some cards get destroyed? Does the deck replenish itself?
>>
>>47644838
That doesn't really fix the problem. It's still now a constant boost to your magic post jump, just a bit smaller of a boost. It also becomes weaker then the other capstones while in the jump because it still causes disbelief while being weaker. Why are you so opposed to having the perk just remain as is post-jump? Removing disbelief effect from it both significantly increases it's use (There's basically no reason to not use it, especially in conjunction with other magics) and also alters how it is used greatly (Again, with no downsides, what reason is there to not get the boost to your magic power/effectiveness/duration)
>>
>>47644908
Why is her hat part of her hair?
>>
>>47644936
THE PROBLEM IS THAT IT ISN'T

>>47644908
WHO THE FUCK COLORED THAT AND WHY ARE HER HAT AND HER HAIR DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1400x990) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1400x990
>>47644936
Genderbent Jotaro from Part 3. In the anime/magna Jotaro's hat blends in with his hair. In part 4 he has a white cap, and you can see the hat is actually like half of one.
>>
>>47642974
Ketchup is trash.
>>
>>47644908
I'm afraid it is just a standard deck of playing cards. Lost or destroyed cards can be regained by expending mana to repair the deck.

>>47644912
You know what. Alright. I'll make the exception.
>>
>>47644961
They look the same color to me Anon.

>>47644962
I understand that its genderbent Jotaro, I was just wondering why her hat seamlessly turns into hair.
>>
>>47644992
Glad we could talk this out.
>>
>>47645011
because it's not clear where one ends and the other begins
>>
>>47645011
GET YO EYES CHECKED BITCH
DAMN IM HUNGRY
>>
>>47644967
You're trash.
>>
>>47644724
Are you seriously arguing that a halfway competent jumper with a two digit number of jumps (that aren't deliberately picked for weakness) couldn't kill them both within minutes of entering the setting?

Leet is a tinker. It doesn't matter what he can build unless you actually let him build it.
Uber is just a normal human who learns things really fast and well.
The reason they're still alive and free is that they're regarded as a nuisance and not a threat by everyone, a lot of even villainous capes avoid killing blows and prison is a joke for capes.

This is a textbook scry & die situation, a tactic you can make use of with most magic systems.
Scry Leet, teleport in, kill or otherwise neutralize them both.
Problem solved on day 1.
>>
>>47645021
Ok, I think I've gotten everything I needed. Making changes to the mage jump now and it should be appearing on the to-be-sorted folder later today. Thanks everyone. bye.
>>
>>47645089
>Liking that nasty, sugary insult to tomatoes.
>>
>>47645125
>having taste this shit
I bet you like mustard "barbecue" too.
>>
>>47645022
Yeah, Many explained that.

>>47645056
The joy's of it being 12:00 PM. Nom nom nom motherfucker.
>>
Does warehouse portal count as magic for if you get stuck in an antimagic feild or what?
>>
>>47645150
Are we talking about barbecue sauce? Ketchup is fine as a base for other sauces, it's just horrifying on its own. I live smack dab in the South in barbecue country, and the three main schools of ketchup, mustard, and vinegar base all compete here, and I'm extensively experienced in all three.
>>
>>47645164
No. It's Benefactor fiat, works through inexplicable contrivance rather than any actual mechanism.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1920x1280
>>47644992
>Just regular cards

Oh well. Still with it one could be a card shark.
>>
>>47645164
Assuming you're talking about D&D AMF then yes, because it's a supernatural ability.
I don't think it's only restricted to in-jump abilities, but others may interprete it differently.
>>
>>47645192
Oh good this means if I get locked in an anti magic trap I can get out by detouring through my warehouse bar and teleporting out. Those adventurers are gonna have a bad time
>>
>>47643149
I genetically engineered non-sapient blood bags. They're pretty gross looking, but it's very ethical. No CNS or anything.
>>
>>47645215
Except antimagic feilds do not kill all supernatural stuff only flat out magic.

Then there are antiantimagic fields and antiantianti magic fields. This rabbit hole goes deep.
>>
>>47645305
I just have an antianti field. It's a field that negates the concept of negation. Not very stable, admittedly, but I like it all the same.
>>
File: #SomeoneGiveThisGuyAMap.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
#SomeoneGiveThisGuyAMap.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>>47644100
Am I the only guy who went into Slytherin as a Muggle-born Orphan?
>>
>>47644749
By my understanding it's a case of the shard disliking him and therefore being especially harsh about restrictions. Effectively it's actively seeking out minor similarities to penalize him for instead of giving him more leeway. Shards will nudge the powers one way or another, but they stay the same power at base. Losing the limit entirely would probably be the result of a really bad second trigger barring that drawback. We're talking barely recognizable after all the trauma and brain changes level really bad.
>>
File: Kon ears.gif (189 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
Kon ears.gif
189 KB, 250x150
>>47645161
I GUESS WE ARE IN THE SAME TIME ZONE

Though, the BBQ conversation reminds me that I wanted to try my hand at making liquid smoke. I have enough junk laying around to attach a still to my cooking pit, and a bunch of apple wood that will otherwise go to waste.
Could be a fun weekend project.
I might try it on venison jerky, if hunting season goes well this year.
Or have fun, and make little smokey meringue thingies with it. Like, poof, man...
>>
>>47645412
Man use hickory, it just tastes better.
>>
>>47645381
You just love posting that pic huh?
>>
>>47644912
With disbelief it's completely useless, though. Who the hell wants to be bound by that shit for an eternity?
>>
>>47645381
Nah, I did that, too. It's the perfect option for trolling that place. You're a Slytherin, so you can easily piss off the assholes in Gryffindor, and you're a Muggleborn, so you can easily piss off the assholes in Slytherin itself. As for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, you can piss them off just by existing and reminding them that they don't matter to the narrative.
>>
>>47645485
Bonus though is show the people who would disbelieve it something blatantly magic that wont backfire then use this after.
>>
File: 1457373575236.gif (480 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1457373575236.gif
480 KB, 600x450
>>47645444
I'd have to buy that, but yes. It's some good shit.
I just have an apple tree that got fucking wrecked in a recent storm, so... you know...
Gotta eat an old friend.
The gnarly old bastard would have wanted it that way...
>>
>>47645513
>Gotta eat an old friend.

I felt the same way last tuesday...
>>
>>47645507
You have to change the whole consensus anon.
>>
>>47645469
Sorry, I haven't had the time to find more Sora pics. Realized that he's the perfect avatar for my Jumpchain. Working on it.

The Hashtags stay though.

>>47645494
I trolled Snape so hard, he HAD to treat all the Houses fairly by becoming Hermione's partner and speaking up for her when Snape ignored her.

Then I trolled Ravenclaw by showing Luna's cloudcuckoolander logic actually makes sense.

I didn't troll Hufflepuff, those guys are awesome. Aside from all the dying

Slytherin got trolled through my very existence and the fact that I seemed untouchable via magic (anti-magic talismans are awesome).

Gryffindor got trolled because they now were getting points from Snape, thanks to me.

Fun times.
>>
>>47644187
If the only reason why you capped Gnosis at 5 is to prevent people from reaching archmastery, why not remove the cap and just say you can't become an archmaster till postjump?
Unless Gnosis above 5 is inherently chain-breaking, there's literally no reason to limit us. Or at the very least, you could raise the cap to 7 to allow us to master Legacies, instead of having to purchase a perk or whatever you have planned.
>>
Does anything nasty ever happen to Japan in GATE?
>>
>>47645711
JAPAN STRONK
>>
Which perks allow you to create pure consciousness out of nothing?
>>
>>47645711
Well, they do get invaded.
>>
File: 8421772.png (154 KB, 200x306) Image search: [Google]
8421772.png
154 KB, 200x306
>>47645746
Prestidigitation can change colors.
Wizard master race.
>>
>>47644187
Thanks for the jump!
>>
>>47645746
There are perks that let you create things from nothing and other perks that let you give those things consciousness but I don't know any that let you create consciousness directly from nothing.
>>
>>47645749
Yea. . . that does not end well for the invaders.
>>
>>47645746
Secrets of Creation. It's from Alpha Centauri
>>
>>47645381
It's the best option if you want to mess with everyone. I might have gone too far in that jump when I used that perk to merge two creatures together and made a dementor boggart hybrid though.
>>
>>47645806
Ah, that's the one. Thank you.
>>
>>47645731
And in real life they have no military. A fantasy war, that it is fought by a country forbidden from waging war by treaty is the real fantasy.
>>
>>47645381
Probably. I went as a middle-class Muggleborn instead. I have a happy, loving family who support me in any way they can, and who happily try to understand everything related to my magic because that's what good parents do.

It makes them froth.
>>
>>47645839
JDF IS TOTALLY MATCH FOR GIANT MAGICAL ARMY
JAPAN STRONK DESPITE LACK OF PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AND HARDWARE
JAPAN HAVE HEART AND GUTS AND WRITER
>>
>>47645898
As much as it's still annoying, at least when American or European writers do a jingoistic national fantasy it's somewhat plausible.
>>
File: 1465231147533.png (3 MB, 993x7324) Image search: [Google]
1465231147533.png
3 MB, 993x7324
Someone in /cyoag/ is making a Jumpchain lite. How much of an idiot am I for actually liking it?
>>
>>47645898
Yes, in the novel/manga/anime it is. In real life the JSDF is a peace keeping force who is literally only there to buy time for the Americans to show up. The Japs became a protectorate of the US after WWII and gave up their rights to hold a real military or to wage war.

This actually turns out to benefit Japan since all the resources that would be spent on defense (due to some unpleasant neighbors) can instead be spent on other things.
>>
>>47645992
Yeah, I saw that. I don't know, I still prefer the version we have. Cool Cats does better work.
>>
>>47645992
Not an idiot at all? I don't keep tabs on cyoa general but if they made something and you enjoyed it more power to you.
>>
>>47645821
...what
>>
I haven't been here in a year or so, I used to post lame builds about pudding wizards in adventure time and turning all of Mars into a philosopher's stone while traumatizing my Bulbasaur companion.

I feel like so much has changed in a year. How do I get back into jumpchain?
>>
>>47645992
All I know is that you're not supposed to post regular CYOAs here.
>>
>>47646037
Just toss yourself back to pokemon, pick a setting you like from the drive, and jump it. It's essentially the same place, just with more settings.
>>
>>47646037
Start a new chain is the best way I know of. Just dive right in and write.
>>
>>47645992
Just no.
>>
>>47646037
Post builds, have fun! Wooo.
>>
>>47646003
It is through this method that the Japanese government sells out a sizable number of it's own people. While the American bases are good for Japan as a whole they are awful for the specific areas they are in. The Japaneses government let's the American soldiers get away with some pretty awful stuff because they like having a cheap defense against North Korea and China more than they care about the people living near the bases.
>>
What jumps are most synonymous with "Grab the Lube" levels of danger/suffering?
>>
>>47646092
>The Japaneses government let's the American soldiers get away with some pretty awful stuff
The government hates it, anon. Obama just visited Japan and Abe spent their first few days just screaming at him for this recent rape and murder of a girl by a marine, instead of getting government business done.

It doesn't help that the Americans intentionally send problem soldiers to places like Japan.
>>
>>47646136
light of Terra,smite, any of the 40 K jumps, most of the fate jumps.
>>
>>47646035
I figured that combining the two would make an incredibly horrifying abomination and the look on people's face when they discovered it would be hilarious
>>
>>47646136
Darkest Dungeon, Warhammer 40K, Devil Survivor, Possibly Worm, and others.
>>
>>47646161
>Fate

I find the Fate jumps very manageable, considering that we get to build an above average Servant and most jumpers are exponentially stronger than pretty much every single Master.
>>
>>47645863
Wealthy half-blood here. I used the tactic of scaring them straight, if not in genuine belief then at least to the degree of not being dickheads. Being a "T-Rex" "Animagus" who fought a dragon and won probably helped. Now if only I could say it worked on Snape.
>>
>>47646154
True but they still let it keep happening, there is a lot that the government could do to to deal with it but they don't. They complain about what the soldiers do and then just keep going along with whatever the bases want even when it makes no sense and provides no benefit to anyone.
>>
>>47646136
Stuff like Bleach, Naruto and Toriko. Insane powerlevels. Kaguya is easily mid DBZ levels of ridiculous.
>>
>>47645530
Kek. It is funny because eat rhymes with meat, which is phonetically identical to meet.
Let's not open that /can of bull/ shit puns.

So jumpers, what are you smoking?
Food, herbaceous plants, freaky magic crystals? Fun stories about smoke are also acceptable.
Pick your poison.

I took Smoke Conduit in Infamous, Addictive and no Toggle.
Accidentally lit an industrial sized shipment of the dank herb after a fight broke out while I was trying to get a handle on my Stalker.
Nothing. It all just got put in the Conduit pool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
I couldn't even get a contact high from Swiss Army Wife, because this was before PMD.
She was just BFF Sword.

On the up side, my smoke blasts got everyone high for the next week, which was hilarious.
>>
>>47645839
Remember black people only exist in America.
>>
>>47646195
Worm, where there is a high chance for you to just straight up die two years into the jump no matter how strong you are due to a cosmic temper tantrum.
>>
>>47646274
Every Country Belongs to AMERICA!
>>
>>47646037
Please tell me how you get out?
>>
>>47646268
It's a... special blend of herbs and more herbs of varying degrees of magic. And by blend, I mean roll it all together in a huge burrito sized catastrophe.
>>
>>47642998
Kinda late, but what do you think a Heir and/or Knight of Rage would get?
>>
>>47646330
You don't, /jc/ will devour you.
>>
>>47646136
SCP Foundation is the one that immediately springs to mind, with all the things that they've got on lockdown that could drive humanity extinct/mad, rewrite reality, or destroy the world or universe.

I'd argue that it's actually more grimderp than 40k, but at least the Foundation has their shit together.

I think Medaka Box has some 'bite the pillow' level bad guys.
And Lovecraft is… well, it's fucking Lovecraft.
>>
>>47645992
That looks pretty underwhelming. Like, super underwhelming. Even for a normal CYOA.

also who is this motherfucker that stole my other name god damn it why does this keep happening
>>
>>47646297
Speaking of Murica what is so bad about being an American in Gate?
>>
>>47646202
>Above Average
Convert all your CP and the only Servants above you are people that cheat like Solomon, Gil or BB. Anything else is a goddamn pussy compared to the level of stats, skills and NPs you can get with 2000-2800+ or so SP.
>>
>>47646268
Winners don't do drugs.
>>
>>47646375
The author is a japan stronk idiot who forces other countries as being even more stupid via propaganda wanking harder than supermans plot armor.
>>
>>47646375
Gate is one of those series made by an ultra-nationalist that is butthurt America exists and portrays them as monsters.
>>
>>47646259
>Mid DBZ
She's like, a planetbuster at her maximum power in her final form. Vegeta can do it with his Not!Kamehameha in the first saga of DBZ. She's like, Nappa or maybe pre Great Ape Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga at best.
>>
>>47646154
You realize that Abe had to do that to save face? In private they got business done, especially in regards of the TPP and keeping China in check.

There's a reason why Okinawa hosts most of US military bases. They're considered "Japanese" and get shit on a lot by the mainland Japan. They're actually a conquered nation before WWII.
>>
>>47646403
Tell that to the pro sports community.
>>
>>47646375
You're too OP for the setting. By the power of FREEDOM and LIBERTY you win by virtue of showing up.
>>
File: Jumper Shows Up Protag.jpg (115 KB, 736x499) Image search: [Google]
Jumper Shows Up Protag.jpg
115 KB, 736x499
>>47646375
Become the president after METAL WOLF CHAOS.
Don't be an asshole.
Laugh as the plot breaks.
>>
File: cocky banchô-Anon.jpg (51 KB, 853x380) Image search: [Google]
cocky banchô-Anon.jpg
51 KB, 853x380
>>47646268
Le Grand cigars, and depending on how flexible your definition of smoking is melange cut with the Col. Sanders secret recipe to stabilize the flavor, thank you Pam. Also , Addictive Don't appear on the version of Infamous on the drive, could you explain it to me?
>>
>>47646423
Since when is she fucking planet busting!?
>>
>>47646454
>FREEDOM and LIBERTY
Fuck yeah.

Iowa is best shipfu.
>>
>>47646494
Her final move the Expansive Truth Seeking ball would have destroyed the planet or was capable of that amount of destructive force. This is made pretty clear in the series, not sure how you miss it.
>>
>>47646423
Since when is destruction the sole measure of power? She can mind control entire planets, I'd say that's more impressive.
>>
>>47646520
With the right set up sure. Without the moon? Nope.
>>
File: 1457198087134.png (107 KB, 539x619) Image search: [Google]
1457198087134.png
107 KB, 539x619
>>47646487
Looks like it's name is actually Habit.
I haven't looked at the PDF in a while, so I forgot.
>>
>>47646517
That fucking thing is absurd, how she pulls that off despite being critically low (for her) on chakra is a pile of bullshit.
>>
File: fat controller laughed.jpg (45 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
fat controller laughed.jpg
45 KB, 500x400
>>47646403
> Winners don't do drugs.
>>
>>47639242
No, and you know I'm not.
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 850x1133
>>47646502
But that's LITERALLY NOT North Carolina.
>>
>>47646531
She is the moon, though. Her being separated from it was a temporary circumstance.
>>
>>47646554
The moon is her prison (Well her body forms the very core of it anyway, the rest is the result of Chibaku Tensei used by the Sage and his bro), she isn't actually the moon. She is the Shinju/Juubi, maybe you're getting confused there?
>>
>>47646554
Except the moon is actually hollow filled with cities of puppets and moon people which they blow up with a chakra canon after a bad guy cuts the moon in half with one of his mid tier attacks.
>>
>>47646596
Don't forget that Naruto and the bad guy end up fighting on the moon without air as they cut it in half with pure chakra beams.
>>
>>47646537
But Sasuke already demonstrated that low chakra means you can pull out absurd bullshit from nowhere with the Great Snake Escape. Those last few dregs are worth more than the rest of the pool by far.
>>
>>47646593
Forgot to note, her body is only the size of the Juubi. Compared to the moon, it's super tiny, hence why >>47646596 is still mostly possible. I can just imagine the moon people shoving her husk body in the corner somewhere.
>>
>>47646593
I'm simplifying, is what I'm doing. The reason she needs the moon as a reflector for Infinite Tsukuyomi is because her corpse is still up there at its core. She's been separated into many pieces by her children, and when she appears in the story she's still not whole. At the height of her power she didn't need the moon, because the part of it that makes the Infinite Tsukuyomi work was still with her.

>>47646596
Yeah, some other stuff got built there later, but at its core the moon is Kaguya's corpse and the shrine-prison that contains it.
>>
>>47646626
To be fair A) They were both in chakra states of some sort and B) given how the moon is totally hollowed out and filled with chakra tech and weird shit, it's not entirely possible they made some sort of artificial atmosphere.
>>
>>47646646
Fair on both counts.

Also the reason being lost hyuga is good, it allows you to steal that guys eyeballs to get mega eyeball spaceman form.
>>
>>47646639
>I'm simplifying, is what I'm doing
You're pulling facts out of nowhere when we already know how something works. Every indication we have seen and everything we have been told indicates that the moon is used to reflect Tsukiyomi over the world. No indication is given that it is because her corpse is there and we have direct contradictions to that. When Madara casts the Infinite Tsukiyomi, USING THE MOON, her body is already down on earth, the Juubi/Shinju. Once Madara absorbs that body and then casts the jutsu on the MOON, she possesses him.
>>
What are good ways to keep fucking trigon from turning you to stone in Teen Titans? It is the only real threat in the setting.
>>
>>47646639
>At the height of her power she didn't need the moon, because the part of it that makes the Infinite Tsukuyomi work was still with her.
Assuming you're referring to when she used it prior tothe moon being created, this is anime only. It's not ever shown in the manga and it being canon is pretty doubtful.
>>
>>47646697
Have an altform that will give no fucks about being turned to stone, have q this which will keep your body from being reality warped (but wont protect you from indirect or punches), necklace of circle of protection evil?
>>
File: wan wan.gif (67 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
wan wan.gif
67 KB, 600x400
>>47646403
Food is an option.
Wouldn't you like a nice smokey bark on juicy piece of slow cooked [MAGICAL BEAST]?

What kind of magic wood to use though?
Flavorful oily wood, or sweet fruity wood?
And the cut on the meat... Smoke is a fat soluble flavor, but a low&slow also needs a fair amount of collagen to break down into gelatin, and that's a process that requires water content...

Ahhh, I want be in my kitchen...
>>
>>47646687
The Juubi isn't her body, it's the monster she made by fusing with the Shinju. The "the Juubi was Kaguya all along" thing is a reference to the fact that it wasn't just some monster-tree rampaging, but was being directed by her. We know that the first time around she didn't need the moon to cast Infinite Tuskuyomi, because back then the moon DIDN'T EXIST. And like you say, she possesses Madara once he casts his chakra onto the moon. Kind of implies there's some part of her that he's linking up to. Perhaps I'm inferring things that are never explicitly said, but it seems pretty reasonable.

>>47646717
It is canon that she put the whole world in Infinite Tsukuyomi back when she ruled. It might not be shown, but we're told it happened, and the moon didn't exist then.
>>
File: rock hard.jpg (69 KB, 390x700) Image search: [Google]
rock hard.jpg
69 KB, 390x700
>>47646697
Easy.
>>
>>47646697
Ribbon Bearer from FFTA.
>>
>>47646747
The author of the jump said once that being turned to stone at all was a lose condition.
>>
>>47646697
My go to answer is "Be a skeleton" but then again thats my answer to a lot of things.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.