[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Weird Weapons Edition

Have you ever wielded, homebrewed, or seen an odd weapon, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19): http://paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the unerrata'd content here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread >>47508505
>>
>>47520506
Keydagger
Book shield
Tail Martial arts
Tail Gunfu
A break action musket that you loaded a wand into and it shot the spells at people.
>>
File: fb90bd98adf72651fb4600a4b4da044b.jpg (846 KB, 1920x1339) Image search: [Google]
fb90bd98adf72651fb4600a4b4da044b.jpg
846 KB, 1920x1339
I made several homebrew weapons actually.

Alchemist Canister Gun
2-handed firearm.
Ammo is 1 dose of either Alchemist Fire, Liquid Ice or Acid.
Reloading takes up a full round action. (Its only a standard action if you're an alchemist, who are automatically proficient with these.)
Misfire chance of 1 (has a chance of splashing the contents all over you instead)
The contents are loaded into a chamber that fires the liquids as a jet instead of as a thrown weapon.
It has two firing modes:
Spray Shot (DC 16 reflex) deals 1d6 to everything in a 30ft. cone
Jet Shot (Ranged Touch Attack) deals 1d6 to a single target within 60 ft. range

Kinetic Gauntlets
1d4 steel-knuckled gloves
Spring-Loaded - Requires a move action to pull back the spring. You may specify if the spring-loaded weapon is a stake (1d4 piercing), a hammer (1d4 bludgeoning) or a dagger (1d4 slashing)
On a successful hit, in addition to the 1d4 bludgeoning from the punch, the wielder may also trigger the spring to launch at the target, dealing an extra 1d4 damage. The wielder must pull back the springs in order to deal this additional damage again. The gauntlets may be enchanted separately between the Steel Knuckles and the Spring-Loaded weapon.

Battle Ladder
1d6 piercing polearm
This 10ft. long steel pole has several spokes and grooves along its rod and a conical spike at its base to allow a person a foothold and climb over walls.
>>
>>47520979
Pretty cool bruh

What's people's takes on modern weapons?
>>
>>47521036
I'm currently working on weapons for my techspansion.

Anyone got suggestions? Doing melee weapons right now.
>>
>>47520979
Battle Ladder is literally already a thing dude.
>>
>>47521049
Technology tends to replace or supplant 'magic' in terms of weapon abilities.

Remote-Control boomerangs, Self-Destruct throwing daggers, Laser Swords, Gravity-field hammers, Dark-matter whips, Taser Tonfas etc.
>>
>>47520979
>Battle Ladder

Alright, see, #1 and #2 would be dismissed as weebshit in my group but that is incredible. Can't believe I haven't seen anything like this before now.
>>
>>47521089
The gnomish battle ladder is only 4 feet tall anon.
>Gnomes use these narrow, reinforced 4-foot ladders as weapons.
>>
>>47521100
>Alchemist Cannister Gun
>weeb

Its pretty steampunk, anon. In fact, its early era steampunk.
>>
>>47520979
>Alchemist Canister Gun
>Alchemist Fire, Liquid Ice or Acid.

>mfw you could go Captain Cold or Heatwave
R.I.P Snart, you glorious fucking bastard
>>
>>47520506
I want see musical instrument weapon hybrids ao bards aren't stuck with perform(dance/oratory/sing) ect. I want to play music on the battle field.
>>
>>47520506
>Have you ever wielded, homebrewed, or seen an odd weapon, /pfg/?

SPEAR DRILLS

Stat them, /pfg/
>>
>>47521233
didn't we have an anon put up some complexity weapons or something that could do weird shit like this?
>>
>>47521233
Drills, I got already!

They're Destruction weapons, and thus ignore hardness less than their own. Even Adamantine weapons benefit from this, since the amount Adamant weapons ignore doesn't improve, whereas Destruction weapons do.

Destruction is also going to be a thing you can apply to other weapons via Refinement, so you can have a Destruction spear.

>>47521263
That would be DrowAnon's Forgeworks. It got sort of adopted into Steelforge, and is the system going through revisions right now. I'm going to keep mine much more simple.
>>
What's the actual limit on Marvelous Pigment?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/marvelous-pigments

From RAW, it seems like I can create 1,000 pots of Insanity Mist, since each pot doesn't exceed 2,000gp limit and it would only take a few inches of pigment for each drawing.
>>
>>47521233
Archer got it right with drill arrows. Instead of mechanical shit, let acceleration and spinning momentum keep it in motion
>>
>>47521292
The total can't exceed 2000, not per.
>>
>>47521372
Where does it say total not per?
>>
>>47521284
By "ignore hardness", do you mean they do full damage to objects with <X hardness, but are fully affected by hardness above X, as per Adamantine, or do they do damage as if the object had less hardness, as per Focused Sunder?
>>
>>47521446
Currently, fully affected by hardness above X.
>>
File: 1367393460308.gif (930 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
1367393460308.gif
930 KB, 500x270
>Tfw too poor to afford a Pathfinder membership
>Nothing shared from the troves since April
>Tfw i'll have to rely on the PFSRD from now on
>>
>>47520979
>Alchemist Canister Gun
>Misfire chance of 1 (has a chance of splashing the contents all over you instead)
Fill it full of cream and you have a Splurge Gun? Is that you, Dandy Dan?
>>
>>47521490
The troves are dead, Anon. Volcanohound disappeared without a word. QANON's gone silent. I don't know what's happened, but it can't be good.
>>
>>47521514
>QANON's gone silent

U wot.
>>
>>47521372
>>47521433
This argument has been ongoing for more than a decade, now, and neither Wizards nor Paizo has ever deigned to offer a ruling. The RAW could go either way, and the RAI is unknown.

However, the vast majority consensus has long been that the 2,000gp limit is a total per pot, not total per item.
>>
>>47521292
Even if you're going strictly by RAW, I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that a poison costing 1500 gp per dose does not count as "object of value".
>>
>>47521631
And this is why 5e set a hard limit of 25g per item.
>>
Hi /tg/, what do you think are the top 5 waifus/hasubandos Paizo ever made?
>>
>>47521568
>>47521631
2,000 is enough to create and fully furnish a house (using downtime rule) right?
>>
>>47522188
I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that a fully-furnished house does not count as "object of value".

No, I'm kidding. Yeah, you could, probably, but remember that it only does 100 square feet. That's a 10x10 room, man.
>>
>>47520506
One of the members in my team has an artifact shaped like some kind of meat hook / spear attached to a chain.

It grows as he kills people, consuming their souls to customize itself to his needs. He throws it at people to drag them to him.

I don't know all of its abilities, but I know he can do stuff like cast chaos hammer as he attacks sometimes.
>>
File: 1464584516778.jpg (622 KB, 1239x1920) Image search: [Google]
1464584516778.jpg
622 KB, 1239x1920
>>
File: 1454294683465.jpg (66 KB, 607x1000) Image search: [Google]
1454294683465.jpg
66 KB, 607x1000
In my 1pp only, i wanna make the BBEG and his lieutenants be able to use 3pp manuveurs, to add a layer of "mystic and foreign power" to them.
Dick move y/n?
>>
>>47522556
I'm currently running Crimson Throne with all NPC's more relevant than run-of-the-mill mooks having PoW maneuvers.
Works fine, though two of my players are initiators themselves (a Steelfist Commando Warlord and a Hidden Blade Rogue).
>>
>>47522556
Not a dick move if you allow your players to use them afterwards (and rebuild their characters as needed).
>>
>>47522556
It's a dick move unless you let your players rebuild their characters into PoW-enabled ones afterwards.
>>
How many gp does it take to feed 600 people for a month (the town was devastated by Bard's player action)?

Wandermeal Ration for 600 people = 6gp per day. I just need to feed them normal meal (60gp) once every 7 day?

That would be 102gp per week or ~408gp per month?
>>
3.5 but this is the only place i can come for quick help.

Don't exactly understand how this save or attack of opportunity works

Engulf(EX): A bone ooze can simply bowl over Huge or
smaller creatures as a standard action. This attack affects as
many opponents as the creature’s body can cover. Each
target can make either an attack of opportunity against the
bone ooze or a Reflex save (DC 35) to avoid being engulfed.

I assume it means if you make an attack of opportunity you will get engulfed. You have to save or get engulfed am I correct? Or is it that if they hite with an attack they don't get engulfed?

Because the creature has 1 AC.
>>
>>47522729
Rations are a thing, fresh meals another. Also, where do you plan to find 600 rations each day?
>>
Does the warlock archetype for the vigilante seem like it might be an interesting jumping off point for an arcane trickster or no?
>>
Well, here's to hoping that Starfinder has a abstract wealth system like d20 modern.
>>
Is the Robe of Needles any good?
Is there any way of making the Robe of Needles good?
>>
>>47522814
The ooze sits there.

When the ooze uses a standard action to attempt to Engulf people, the target(s) make a choice.

You either make an AoO at it, in an attempt to kill it before it engulfs you, but being engulfed if it lives after you all hit it.

Or you attempt to make a save, and avoid being eaten at all, but don't get to attempt to kill it at that particular moment.
>>
>>47523040
I'm playing a master of many forms and I am going to turn into this thing. hohoho i'm going to have some fun
>>
>>47523061
Alright, but why? Unless your engulf is debilitating as fuck, or you've got a way to boost AC through the roof/boost the save DC, that doesn't seem super useful.
>>
File: file.png (547 KB, 593x800) Image search: [Google]
file.png
547 KB, 593x800
Gonna be using a monk's belt and will eventually dip into Fist of the forest for con to ac at 21.

Oh and it does 1d6 con, str, and dex damage no save if it hits with its slam attack... oh and those engulfed automatically get hit with my slam attack
>>
Razor from Steelforge is the best weapon waifu.
>It's not like I WANTED to resurrect you, d-d-d-dummy!
>Y-y-you just came back on your own!
>>
>>47522881
You're still going to need a way to meet the 2d6 sneak attack requirement, but that's not hard with the usual 1 level of snakebite striker brawler + accomplished sneak attacker feat.
>>
>>47522962
>Paizo product
>Anything good
Pick one, anon.
>>
>>47521233
DID SOMEBODY SAY DRILLS??!?!?!?!!!

Personally I reskin scizores for their stats. I made a silly build that maximized drill size for maximum vital strike damage once.
>>
Which discipline is recommended for whips?
>>
>>47523756
>Something something BDSM joke
>>
I'm in a kingmaker campaign and my party kinda needs a rogue. I'm in the middle of character creation and can still make a stalker but right now im at warder. I'm going to eventually fill the spymaster role which warder can do. Do i change to stalker or stick with warder?
>>
>>47523756
Well, as far as discipline weapons you're a bit out of luck. Flails (which whips are part of) get Sleeping Goddess, Black Seraph, and Fool's Errand. Which is kind of an odd thematic bunch.

As far as general function goes, most disciplines are honestly very weapon independent, which is one of the major upsides to PoW imo. You base damage doesn't matter nearly as much when you're adding a fistful of d6s onto the end of it.

Thematically, Eternal Guardian/Black Seraph with an intimidate build is actually quite nice for whips, and Guardian has some fun synergy if you mix in the whip feat chain to threaten the whole area.
>>
>>47523841
Stalker's obviously going to be a better rogue, but you could still do alright with a warder (and a dervish defender warder definitely has a nice quasi-roguish feel to it).
>>
How would I play a Blademaster from Warcraft 3 using Path of War? They can split themselves into several illusory images, they can turn invisible, and they can spin around dealing damage to all nearby enemies. They also get the ability to get critical hits, but everyone in Pathfinder can do that.
>>
>>47524057
What is a magus for 120?
>>
>>47524057
Veiled Moon and Shattered Mirror net you invis and mirror image. The spin would probably be a whirlwind attack style maneuver, but I forget which discs have them. I think Mithral Current has one.
>>
Alright so! I need Detect Magic (and hopefully Read Magic too), but my trait slots are precious, so I'm looking for ways to get it at-will that don't cost an exorbitant price; preferably not more than about a thousand gold? I'm not sure if "item of at-will cantrip" works out to 500gp or 1,000gp, or if my math is, in fact, just entirely off base. So far, I've got:

Cloak of the Hedge Wizard (divination variant), 2,500gp: Does what I want, also gives me Prestidigitation at-will, and Detect Secret Doors and True Strike 1/day, none of that's useless.

All-Seeing Armour, 5,570gp: +1 chain shirt that gives me Detect Magic and Read Magic at-will, which is another thing I wanted access to, so that's neat, and also comprehend languages 1/day, which is situational, but not awful. It's so expensive, though..

Lantern of Auras, 2,000gp: A lantern I can point at objects, and everyone can see their auras. The rest of my party doesn't have Detect Magic either, so letting everyone see is a neat idea. Doesn't seem to have a limit on its use, so that's cool. Possibly my best option? I might want to pay the extra 500 for the cloak, to get the extra spells..

Discerning Wayfinder, 500gp + 5 PP (I do not know what PP is!): This is from some PFS book, it's a Wayfinder that can cast Detect Magic instead of Light, and it's my cheapest option, I THINK??? but I literally have no idea how to acquire it. What ARE PP?

Have I missed anything? Does anon have any suggestions?
>>
>>47524168
PP are Prestige Points, aka something that only exists in PFS.IIRC, each PP is generally valued at something like 500gp (wand of CLW was 2 PP)

As far as the custom items, im pretty sure it is 500gp for an at-will 0
>>
>>47524235
500 if you craft it, 1k if you buy it, that is
>>
>>47524168
Problem with the Cloak is that unless you're running ABP you probably really want either a cloak of resistane or displacement in that slot.

Lantern of Auras is your best bet since it's slotless.
>>
File: Blademaster_Paul_Kwon_Shiramune.jpg (512 KB, 974x1231) Image search: [Google]
Blademaster_Paul_Kwon_Shiramune.jpg
512 KB, 974x1231
>>47524057
Literally Orc Brutal Slayer Bushi
>>
>>47523084
Because grappling a ton of enemies with a single standard action is worth the damage? I can definitely see it, especially for enemies with poor single attacks.
>>
>>47524152
Which maneuvers specifically?
>>
>>47524402
Mirror of the Moon is the EASIEST, though it only lasts 1 round.
>>
I haven't been on these threads for like, a year or half of a year

Can someone give me a quick rundown of what's been going on since then? Is Gareth or titty monster elf guy still here?
>>
>>47524535
I'm taking a break from my official duties, but I'm still here. My son's visiting, so if you need me specifically you'll have to wait a few weeks.
>>
>>47524535
Yes, Gareth and the DSP crew are still here.

Yes, Elsbeth's (the name of the Titty Monster Eld) player is still here, though the campaign with Elsbeth just recently ended.

Is it just me, or did they remove the Harbinger's ability to get full INT to attack rolls?
>>
So, /pfg/, give some advice on what I should make this homebrew idea into:

A martial whose main techniques involve transforming the battlefield, altering the terrain, and being able to create a number of temporary structures that help your allies and hinder your enemies.
Stuff like countering an attack by suddenly creating a wall between you and your opponent that will remain for the next few turns, a stationary lamp that negates all miss chances vs targets within 10ft, linked teleport gates anyone can use or shoot through, a flight speed by creating stairs in the air that other creatures can also walk on behind you, etc.

Should this be a martial discipline, developed by the descendants of the gods and beings who shaped the world, and available to Mystics, Zealots, and any initiator through trait/tradition?
Or a heavy soulknife archetype, with the fluff that their sword is a manifestation of their personal world, and they do this stuff by cutting away the real world with their mindblade and filling in the gaps with their personal world?

Or since I can think of some ways they could be pretty distinct from each other, should I just do both?
>>
>>47524565
>Is it just me, or did they remove the Harbinger's ability to get full INT to attack rolls?

They did. Half INT to attack only, and at level 10 full INT to damage.
>>
File: FireEmblemEwan.png (285 KB, 425x574) Image search: [Google]
FireEmblemEwan.png
285 KB, 425x574
>>47508993
Anybody mind actually tossing an opinion on this for potential changes to the Warlock? I know, "just use this other thing" was /pfg/'s answer, but my group is more likely to let me homebrew a "fix" for a 1pp class than try to introduce an entire 3pp subsystem that will supposedly do it better.
Please don't use this as another excuse to start another argument something tangentially related.

Things to tack on to the last post that I forgot about:
>for a full-round charged attack, add any penalties you would normally take on your iteratives to it (IE: TWF and Rapid Shot netting you 3 iteratives would net you a total -6 penalty on a charged shot)
>a potential mid-level social talent to let you get the benefits of doubletime with magic item crafting feats
>it is possible to craft magic items (gloves, special spellbooks) to provide small bonuses (+attack rolls, reduced charge penalty, bonus range, etc)
>>
>>47524402
oh, now you're making me open my PDFs
Shattered Mirror level 3 Stance, Infinity Mirror Reflection gets you Mirror Image
Moon level 2 counter Half Gone let you Stealth vs attack roll to become Incorporeal
Ethereal Reminiscence (Moon 4) lets you become incorporeal for a round
Whirlpool Strike (Current 5) lets you hit all adjacent enemies for +3d6 damage. If you draw your weapon as part of the strike, it's all in reach, not just adjacent.

>>47524535
Gareth's around, but hanging with his kid for the time being. Forrest has kind of taken over for him while he's on vacation.

I'm pretty sure "titty monster elf guy" means elsbeth and co. In which case, yeah. And you missed lewds.
>>
>>47524565
Elsbeths campaign isn't over.

T. anonymous
>>
I'm forgetting, can kineticists take magic item creation feats? Trying to make a Gelatinous Cube/Avant Guard Kineticist/Gravity Slime Master and I just noticed GSM requires CWI
>>
>>47524642
Thank you Anon. I love you.
>>
>>47524676
I'm one of those weirdos who really enjoys making characters from games. Illusions, invisibility, and spin attacks are surprisingly common to need to replicate.

Oh, and for your crits, you can use pretty much any damaging strike. Crits in PF are a lot more swingy than in WC3
>>
>>47524592
>>47508993
I like the idea of a charging mechanic, but that implementation is just shit.

From what I remember from Fire Emblem(it's been years since I played it) fixing the kineticist might be fitting.
>>
What PoW discipline is good for debuffing and crowd control?
>>
>>47524833
Cursed Razor is your Debuff Discipline. Has some control built in (curses for days!).
>>
>>47524833
Cursed Razor for debuff and Eternal Guardian for area control. Bonus points for curse synergy
>>
>>47524885
Add Black Seraph to these too. Black Seraph's Glare+Circle of Razor feathers is one of the nastiest debuff comboes at level 7 and stays so until later levels.
>>
>>47524827
>Someone actually comments on the mechanics posted
I actually didn't expect this. Thanks.

As for the charging being shit, I figured as much, but just wasn't sure where to go without going overboard. The two big problems were that resistance absolutely dicks on you and that they get nonexistant scaling. Forcing you to specialize in an element to get resistance-piercing makes sense, but rest still has me a bit stumped.

On the kineticist, all the >burn memes have killed any interest in trying to salvage it.
>>
>>47525084
Would you say they

burned you out
>>
File: 1400960321386.gif (2 MB, 320x245) Image search: [Google]
1400960321386.gif
2 MB, 320x245
>>47525084
>On the kineticist, all the >burn memes have killed any interest in trying to salvage it.
luckily there's plenty of other autists who are willing to try

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RnvxfcyHuFN86Sj4dNn6SsX_8RxEuOMNS8JuY8OJZ3Y/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>47525195
I just can't gather enough power to convince my group that burn is a shit mechanic.

>>47525272
I'll take a look when I get a chance, might be nice.

The other reason for not just adjusting the kineticist is that I like 2/3rd casters, and unironically like the vigilante part of the warlock archetype.
>>
File: whining.png (551 KB, 1190x1189) Image search: [Google]
whining.png
551 KB, 1190x1189
>>47524565
Game ain't ded mane. Another game I was in died out, but the Mythic game is still chugging along.
>>
>>47525358
Oh, I thought it had come to a conclusion.

Carry on then!
>>
>>47525358
Just imagine how comfortable it'd be to cuddle Elsbeth. She even comes equipped with pillows.
>>
>>47523354

Yeah, I love everything about the tsundere sword. Shame it wasn't in the first Steelforge.
>>
>>47524672
If 3PP is allowed then they have a talent for that.
>>
>>47522962
>hoping that Starfinder has a wealth system that's NP-hard

pls no.

A BETTER abstract system would be nice
>>
What do you guys think of expanded metakinesis (disruptive), I think it's nice but not worth a feat.
>>
>>47520506
The hamaxe. I found it weird that a world with skeletons and zombies wouldn't have a weapon that's effective against both, so I created a weapon that's a hammer on one side and an axe on the other. For all your skelly bashing, zombie slashing needs.
>>
How would you explain the origins of a Dire Flesh Golem?
>>
>>47520506
A +1 adamantine fireplace poker. She stole it from her dorm at the wizard college.
>>
>>47525704
I want to use it with Avant Guard to be the ultimate mage bullier.

>Hit them with a disruptive standpunch, teleport your stand in right next to them, and give it Reach with the Advanced Constructs feat
>They can't 5ft step out of its reach
>If they were planning to cast anything they now have to make double concentration checks or fail
>Repeat for the whole battle
>>
File: [made in heaven].png (301 KB, 602x598) Image search: [Google]
[made in heaven].png
301 KB, 602x598
>>47521514
The End Times come upon us.

We have but one recourse.
>>
>>47521514
I BELIEVE IN QANON'S RETURN.

MAYHAPS WE CAN SUMMON OUR PRINCESS BY SPEAKING AS SHE DOES.
>>
>>47525846
Is advanced constructs really that good?
>>
>>47525419
If number 1 does well enough for the sequels to get published, _Razor_ is intended for #2
>>
>>47525910
QANON REQUIRES A DOWNPOUR OF BEAUTIFUL SYLPHU WAIFU MATERIALS TO HERALD OUR GODDESS' RETURN!!!
>>
File: sylph.jpg (65 KB, 336x620) Image search: [Google]
sylph.jpg
65 KB, 336x620
>>47526029

IS... IS THIS QANON, OR SOMEONE SPEAKING ABOUT THEM.

THANKS TO THE THIRD-PERSON-NESS OF HER WORDS IT'S HARD TO TELL.
>>
>>47525948
It's not a must have but I'd say it's worth the feat for an Avant.

In menu A the only sorta fun thing is Utility, but if your GM's nice they'll probably let you use your stand for that anyway.

Once menu B comes around though:
1/day stunning fist is a nice thing to have
Reach isn't as useful when you can teleport it around, but it's good for keeping casters in check since they can't 5ft step to safety
Improved Might does slightly better average DPR than power attack once it gains multiple attacks.

And on menu C you can get a secondary natural attack which is also pretty nice.
>>
Are there any traits that give a generalized +1 Trait Bonus to attack rolls with a specific weapon?
>>
>>47526055
Why does it matter? Post sylphs just in case!
>>
>>47526089
How are you building yours? I'm building an aether based rogue avant guard.

>>47526096
Yeah but only things like long swords.
>>
File: 1454267223667.jpg (103 KB, 700x546) Image search: [Google]
1454267223667.jpg
103 KB, 700x546
Asked last time, asking again:

What Order and Traits should I pick for a Dwarf Samurai? The team already has a Summoner and a Gunslinger so I'm probably going to be the main person on the frontline.
>>
>>47526055
I AM NOT QANON, I AM SIMPLY FOLLOWING >>47525910'S SUGGESTION THAT WE SPEAK AS SHE DOES AND OFFERING MY OWN SUGGESTION RE:HER PROCLIVITY FOR SYLPHU.
>>
>>47526150
I'm actually doing pretty much the same and I might have been the person who told you not to take kinetic healing
>>
File: 1457650859289.jpg (166 KB, 1024x1325) Image search: [Google]
1457650859289.jpg
166 KB, 1024x1325
>>47526301
More Sylphs!
>>
>>47526301
I SEE. DOES ANYONE HAVE MORE SYLPH WAIFUS? THAT'S THE ONLY ONE I HAD.
>>
File: 1458097211591.jpg (58 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
1458097211591.jpg
58 KB, 500x550
>>47526323
>>
>>47526310
You probably are, I'm probably just going to pick it or regressive healing up on a magic item though. Now I'm considering dropping touchsite and reactive touchsite in favor of items for that and time based abilities.
>>
File: 1457831589015.png (2 MB, 700x993) Image search: [Google]
1457831589015.png
2 MB, 700x993
And one more sylph
>>
>>47526352
I have Kineticists of Porphyra on hand but I'm not sure if I should seriously look into taking feats and talents from there or not - only one other party member's using DSP and I don't want to inconvenience my GM too much with new 3pp. I kinda suspect they're still not sure how Avant Guard works and I could make abilities up on the spot in-game and they wouldn't question it but I wouldn't do that
>>
Hello, /pfg/! How did your weekend go? Did you have fun at your session? Or was it cancelled?
>>
>>47526457
Went well!

Of course, two of my players decided to trigger literally every trap in the haunted house.

Every. Single. One.
>>
>>47526412
I'd suggest taking stuff from there, it's not too hard and so long as you're honest and clear things it should work fine.

>>47526457
Campaign hasn't started, I hope to get another person built this week since my girlfriend is here next weekend.
>>
File: 06397126789262.jpg (98 KB, 343x317) Image search: [Google]
06397126789262.jpg
98 KB, 343x317
>>47526457
>tfw you watch people play pathfinder more than you actually play pathfinder
Hiatuses suck.
>>
>>47526401
THAT'S A SYLPH HUSBANDO, ANON

I THINK
>>
>>47526457
My Dex Paladin (Dervish Dance, paladin of Sarenrae) was dumpstered Saturday by a 42 damage crit to the mouth and died. So now it's time to roll up my Bloodrager I've had sitting on the back burner. The rest of the session went well and I was the only party death.
>>
>>47526457
I played a scene in-between sessions where my character got to talk down to a king.
>>
>>47526551
Doesn't matter, still slyph
>>
>>47526457

I had fun. Party was tasked with evicting some kobolds that were squatting in an abandoned roadside fort. Turns out they were hiding from some fire drakes. We fought them off with siege weaponry. My dude almost died. Good times
>>
File: Nonegiven.png (271 KB, 753x778) Image search: [Google]
Nonegiven.png
271 KB, 753x778
>>47526457
Session was cancelled last week, sadly, due to the GM stressing over work and he didn't want to risk delivering a sub-par performance. It also didn't help with the fact that roll20 has been updating character sheet formats recently, so not only are many macros fucked due to the reformatting, but also half the information someone changes don't seem to save either.

So in hindsight it was probably for the best.
>>
>>47526589
HEY DSP WHEN ARE YOU GONNA RELEASE THE LIVING LEGEND

PATREON PEOPLE, DID THEY SEND THE NEXT VOTE OUT YET

I WANNA PLAY A SYLPHU LL AND MY DM DOESN'T LIKE PLAYTEST STUFF
>>
I'm working on a VMC for Paizo's Psychic. Would it be too powerful to have it grant 4-level casting like a Bloodrager?
>>
>>47526457
I live and breathe cancellations at this point. My body has learned to metabolize the feeling of being robbed of time and joy.
>>
>>47526457
Started a new 5e game. We all picked dwarves to troll our DM. Much fun and yelling was had. Now on a quest to find a divine ale horn that was stolen from Heaven by duergar.

Should be starting up Wrath of the Righteous again this week so we can finally play with our new mythic powers now that the DM has finished his rewrites. Half the party is psionic and two of us are using Overmind, possibly making us the first Mythic Psionics playtesters.
>>
>>47525084
Just replace Burn with Stamina.
>>
>>47526457
>Gm stopped saying if its even cancelled or not didn't even respond to my question of if we are playing or not

I wish he'd just say he doesn't want to GM
>>
What's the best way to store/show PF character sheets for an online game? Like a web-form a person can fill out for their character and give me a link to it, so I can keep them in a spreadsheet as the GM in a game we play online?
>>
>>47520506
meteor hammer made out of two heavy magical spellbooks bound with lead, iron, leather and connected by a thick steel chain.

If the GM allows it, i'm gonna eventually increase my strength and add titan technique, titan grip and titan slayer from 3pp to wield the Codex of Infinite Planes.
>>
>>47526457
Murdered some Wolf's, failed to ride my horse, talked my way out of a fight, forgot to use abilities because 1st session. Overall pretty fun.
>>
>>47526863
Probably mythweavers. I prefer dndsheets, but their sheet is broken and has been for a long time. There are also lots of google docs templates available, including class specific ones if that's your thing.
>>
>>47526683
Too powerful by existing VMC standards? Absolutely.

Too powerful by the standards of people with brains? kind of depends on how you give it. If it's one of the 5 benefits, probably (since that's basically bloodrager casting from a better list for a feat). If it takes like 3-4 of the VMC bonuses, that sounds more fair.
>>
>>47527118
How about a cantrip at 7, 1-2 level spells at 11, and 3-4 level spells at 15? or should 3-4 level spells be at 19?
>>
>>47527298
Don't give a cantrip at 7. Give a goddamn cantrip at /1/.
>>
>>47525980
Here's a question for you - Would the Razor be willing to take the shape of a Naginata? It's both a Sword and a Polearm.
>>
>>47527298
By paizo's standards, too stronk.

Do what every other VMC does, cantrips, your domain and the frenetic pool.
>>
>>47527325
It's a bladed weapon, you just have to ask real nicely?
>>
Is bonus damage from Royal Blade quadrupled by Descending Sunset Strike?
>>
>>47527403
>bonus damage
>ever multiplied.
>>
>>47527325
Naginata is a Polearm only. You mean a Nodachi? That one is both Heavy Blade and Polearm.
>>
>>47527417
Now what if I'm a Bladecaster, use arcane assault and use a touch attack spell that deals like 15d6 damage combined with Descending Sunset Strike?
Do I get 60d6?
>>
>>47527417
>>47527441
Just in case, Arcane Assault is this:
>At 10th level, the bladecaster is capable of fully blending his arcane abilities with his martial talent. The bladecaster is capable of sculpting his very magic into the implements of war, enabling it to deliver his martial maneuvers. The bladecaster may activate this ability as a free action when he casts a spell that requires an attack roll. He may initiate a strike as a free part of casting that spell, using the spell in place of his normal ranged or melee attack, as appropriate (the spell effectively delivers the maneuver's effects in place of the bladecaster's weapon.) The spell's range is reduced to 30-ft or closer (if the spell's range is smaller, then use that), and spell resistance or a successful saving throw against the spell effect negates the maneuver being used. Spells that create multiple attacks or that target multiple creatures only have the strike added to the first such attack. This ability may be used a number of times equal to 1 + initiator modifier per day.
>>
>>47527417
It is though, just not on crits unless specifically said so. And flat bonus damage (not extra dice) gets multiplied on crits too.
>>
>>47527441
Bonus dice are never multiplied.
>>
>>47527475
It's not bonus dice. Read the ability.
>>
>>47527425
Yeah, derp.
>>
>>47527441
RAW it works but expect to get dirty looks from the DM.
>>
>>47527528
The problem is that I am the DM.
I'm trying to make sense of this.
>>
>>47526457
My Iron Gods campaign died to a fucking ghost wizard with unique abilities that doesn't even increase his CR. Now I'm writing a Nirmathas-Molthune campaign that starts off Mount and Blade and ends up as Dark Souls, all leading up to fighting a vilderavn who manipulated both countries.
>>
>>47527531
RAW it'd work. Honestly, it seems iffy. I expect them to nerf that ability.

At the same time, 60d6 at level... 16? 17? That's gonna MAYBE kill something but it's not even gonna one-shot plenty of monsters.
>>
Could I argue Heal qualifies as a harmful spell for Glyph of Warding due to being extremely harmful to undead?
>>
>>47527576
Harmful means non-harmless, as far as I understand.
Heal has both a harmless and non-harmless component.
My interpretation would be that the Glyph of Warding can only use the non-harmless component while the harmless wouldn't work.
>>
>>47527576
Probably not, given the save description says (harmless). What's the plan?
>>
>>47527604
Two animated object arms that have readied actions to pull out and open tiny boxes with healing glyphs of warding and smashing them against my character's head with a sunder.
>>
>>47527495
It's... iffy. This is Forrest's creation, but it becomes a GM discretion call whether Razor likes being the heavy blade more than it hates being the pole arm. I'll poke the tree and see
>>
I'm reading the Steelforge playtest, and I've fallen in love with the City in a Bottle. Other than blowing my DM how what would be a reasonable cost for it?
>>
>>47527747
You think blowing your GM is enough for that? Brah, you gotta go farther than that.
>>
>>47526259
Traits don't really matter. If you have to pick some; Paragon of Speed for a non-combat +2 initiative. Then take any trait that boosts intimidate.

Then go Order of Vegnence with an intimdate build
>>
>>47527724
Eh, the Nodachi being included amongst Polearms is the odd thing, rather than it being an actual polearm, as the Nodachi is just a really long sword, whose most resemblance to a polearm is it being useable with/against cavalry charges.
Eastern Weapons have odd rulings. The Tri-Point Double-Edged Sword is very clearly described as a pointy metal thing on a stick, but is a monk weapon while not belonging to neither Spears nor Polearms.
>>
How weird of races is too weird? Would you guys mind letting me describe them and telling me if I'm crossing some line?
>>
>>47527495
>>47527325
>>47527724
>>47527847

Razor's objection is to the form, not the weapon group. I've changed the wording on our internal doc to "hafted weapons."

The playtest doc should match when PsyBomb gets the chance.
>>
File: 1336669835830.jpg (31 KB, 279x284) Image search: [Google]
1336669835830.jpg
31 KB, 279x284
>Playing Giantslayer
>Hit level 9
>Wizard teleports the party back to Westcrown from when he was in Council of Thieves
>GM's face
>>
>>47527747
That is actually going to be in Steelforge 2! The Patrons don't seem to have said it, but included in each of the releases is a GM tool. The first was an item enchanting variation courtesy of Forrest, but the second is going to be a pricing tool for stuff where no price is given.

In that particular case, I wrote it with adventures in mind where the PCs might not get downtime or find a town with decent facilities for months (or levels) at a time.
>>
>>47527865

>Each of the releases

Do you mean the patreon stuff, or just your project? There's been one release, not really enough to make a pattern.
>>
>>47527922
The Steelforge releases.
>>
>>47527922
Perhaps I phrased it badly, but the first had one and the intent is to include a GM tool in each Steelforge Patreon release.
>>
File: Pathfinder Nodachi.jpg (31 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinder Nodachi.jpg
31 KB, 736x736
>>47527847
I suspect that much like them having no idea about guns, they have no idea about Eastern weapons, either. The way they describe the Nodachi by fluff, it sounds like it would look more like Pic Related that a giant katana.
>>
Time for me to post this again for more advice

Character creation
• Characters may choose the average of their hit die rounded up instead of rolling at leach level
• Gestalt rules are in effect
• All Paizo common and featured races allowed
• All Paizo classes allowed
• All Path of War and Expanded classes allowed
• Unchained classes allowed: Barbarian, Monk, Rogue, Summoner
• Variant multiclassing and normal multiclassing allowed, but no levels in a class that is your VMC. VMC must be chosen at character creation
• Fractional base bonuses are in effect
• Character gain 2 skill points every level for background skills as per the unchained rules
• 2 traits (Paizo or otherwise) allowed at character creation. Up to two drawbacks can be chosen from the Paizo list, with each drawback allowing an extra trait to be chosen.
• All characters may benefit from the power attack, weapon finesse, piranha strike, and martial power feats once they have at least +1 BAB and meet all other requirements the feat would entail (STR 13, light weapon, etc). They are considered as having these feats for the purpose of gaining feats or access to prestige classes, or any other choice that requires power attack or weapon finesse.
• All 3pp content is allowed, subject to DM permission
• 3.5 content is allowed, subject to DM permission
Variant skill rules
• Unchained skill rules are in effect
• Crafting and profession rules use the expanded rules from unchained
• Backgrounds and occupations rules are in effect
• Skill unlocks may be purchased using the signature skill feat. Unchained rogues can use their class features to unlock their skill as normal
• Variant magical item creation rules are in effect
>>
>>47528003
Variant gameplay rules
• Hero points rules are in effect
• Grappled creatures lose their dex bonus to AC against all attackers except for who they are grappling
• Called shots rules are in effect
Class-specific changes
• Rogues, ninjas and monks have full BAB
• Combat stamina feat from unchained given for free to all fighters
• Fighters have good will save progression
• All classes without caster levels have a minimum of 4+INT skill points.
• Paladins and Rangers have caster level equal to their class level, not their class level -3
• Alchemists have a caster level equal to their class level

Before that one guy replies, no the overpowered kobold cleric archetype is not allowed.

Any other houserules that I've missed or that your guys think I should use?
>>
>>47528003
Everything in there is pretty standard.
I recommend 'Rule 0.5: Don't be a dick, try to match the general powerlevel of the group and don't bully the GM with broken exploits even if they work by RAW'
>>
>>47527936
Question, What method gets DSP the most money for the new releases, buying from Paizo's site, buying from DriveThruRPG, or being a $5 patreon subscriber?
>>
>>47528054
With a corollary: "broken exploits by RAW are fine if the group and DM are fine with it. Sometimes the RAW is better than the RAI."
>>
>>47528085
The pdfs cost $5 iirc, so it'd be the same buying from them on their site as doing the Patreon.

Then DriveThru, then Paizo, I believe.
>>
>>47528100
Don't buy through paizo. They don't deserve a cut.
>>
>>47528085
Our site/Pattern, then D20pfsrd, then Paizo, then DriveThru.
>>
>>47528303
Patreon fucking phone.
>>
>>47528322
Patreon x phone otp?
>>
We're about to start a Kingmaker campaign and I'm going in as a Rogue. How screwed am I?
>>
>>47528303
Cool, patreon it is then.
>>
>>47528434
Depends. Chained or Unchained, and what's the rest of the party like?
>>
>>47527864
>not banning long distance teleportation
>>
>>47528507
>banning long-distance teleportation
>>
>>47528476
We're still in the character progression stage. One player is edging towards monk and another towards alchemist.

I'll be playing an unchained rogue.
>>
>>47528526
>playing in tippy verse
>>
>>47528566
>teleportation = tippyverse

Anon, do you even know what that word means

>not playing in a setting where magic's implications are explored
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/the-planes#TOC-Akashic-Record

So, from what I can see, the Akashic Records are like a big library where all the memories of the multiverse are stored. Furthermore, whenever you read someone's memories, you are tapping into whatever is stored in the Akashic Records.

By extension, does this mean that reading the memories of someone from the future wouldn't produce any results?

I'm considering having mind flayers be from the future, and was wondering on how/if I could divulge this. Maybe a DC40 knowledge planes if someone tried to read an illithid's memories, only to find nothing. The high check would be to know what the Akashic Records are and the implications of not being able to read someone's "book" in there.
>>
File: desperation.png (118 KB, 432x593) Image search: [Google]
desperation.png
118 KB, 432x593
>>47523119
Holy shit those abilities are horrifying

the most why of why boners right now what the fuck
>>
>>47528602
>not playing in a setting where magic's implications are explored
Yes and long range teleportation is just creates silly bullshit.
>>
>>47528898
silly is subjective. As is bullshit.
>>
File: 1424286291701.jpg (702 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1424286291701.jpg
702 KB, 2560x1600
>>47520506
One of my players would like to play a religious character with deep conviction to a god (he hasn't picked one yet though). I would like him to play a PoW class because I want to see one in action and compare it to the other players. Where do these two ideas overlap? What are fun character builds to do in PoW, for someone who hasn't used PoW before?
>>
>>47528898
High-level teleportation *could* initially be rare, since only a few select people willing to share such knowledge would have access to the spell.
>>
>>47521156
He'll be back as Citizen Cold.
>>
>>47528935
Ordained Defender Warder

Or any class and just be religious.
>I want to see one in action and compare it to the other players
What are the other people playing?
>>
>>47528935
Depends on the god.
>>
>>47528959
But any wizard can LITERALLY just learn it anyway because they learn spells on level up regardless of what is available.
>>
File: Best Girl.jpg (362 KB, 1024x1412) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl.jpg
362 KB, 1024x1412
>>47528829
[BEST GIRL INTENSIFIES]

TFW no Top Shelf Waifu with eyes that can see the deaths recorded in the Akashic Record.

And no, the Akashic Record would have no concept of time within it. Everything has been recorded already, because from its perspective everything has already occurred.
>>
File: rare sylphu.jpg (87 KB, 385x717) Image search: [Google]
rare sylphu.jpg
87 KB, 385x717
>>47526551
What an airhead.
>>
>>47528003
>• Gestalt rules are in effect
I very much dislike gestalt for everything but small groups. I do not feel it adds much to the game and removes a large portion of opportunity cost inherent to character creation. I only every use it if I only have 2 characters and they need to cover a variety of roles.

>• All 3pp content is allowed, subject to DM permission
>• 3.5 content is allowed, subject to DM permission

Actually look things over before allowing it. I've seen too many GMs allow broken as shit stuff.

>• Fighters have good will save progression
Honestly I disagree with this. Fighters should have good Fort/Reflex, but not good will. They are a class that train their bodies, not their minds. Bravery already fills the gap for the "brave warrior" archetype.
>>
>>47528983
Mostly 2/3s casters, nothing outside the range of T2-T4. Someone else is thinking about a cleric but is waiting on the first player to decide what they're doing, because the maybe-cleric player wants to worship whatever god the first player worships so they can bro it up IC.
>>
>>47529021
>Honestly I disagree with this. Fighters should have good Fort/Reflex, but not good will. They are a class that train their bodies, not their minds. Bravery already fills the gap for the "brave warrior" archetype.

Paizo go and stay go
>>
>>47528996
Level 9 wizards are extremely rare however. The vast majority of individuals have NPC class levels, and the vast majority never reach level 9. Someone who can cast teleport is one in 100k.
>>
>>47529021
>Honestly I disagree with this. Fighters should have good Fort/Reflex, but not good will. They are a class that train their bodies, not their minds. Bravery already fills the gap for the "brave warrior" archetype.
Fighters? Did you mean Warriors, the NPC class?
>>
>>47529044
>Level 9 wizards are extremely rare however.
On Golarion no, someone has to make all those fucking magic items the PC's need.
>>
>>47529021
We had this argument before, if I recall.

Fighters live in a world where their minds get assaulted as much as their bodies.
>>
>>47528996
Not all wizards will level up to 9th, or even higher.

And yes, they can learn teleport when they level. But for that to happen, you'd need a wizard moving from 8th to 9th level that would be willing to sit down and research ways to make his teleportation available to the masses and more accurate.

Then there is the teleportation circle at 17th level. How many wizards in any given world reach 17th level, really? How many of those wizards would be willing to go from city to city, using their time creating the fantasy equivalent of FedEx when they could be off battling existential threats to the world, or being that threat?

I think the tippyverse is a great thought experiment, but if such high-level magic is that prevalent you have to start wondering what the point of adventuring is. Revolutions are impossible, any dungeons could be cleared out by the wizard's golems, and there is little left to do if the world has become this magical post-scarcity society where everyone has create food and water traps (pretty expensive, remember) and fighters fail the will save vs sleep 100% of the time so level 1 wizards are overpowered.
>>
>>47529041
Again, saying this doesn't mean anything. Every time someone mentions a fighter fix that doesn't give them a good will save people freak out and shout "you must hate martials". Honestly I don't, but the majority of people's fixes are garbage.

If you want to be mentally resistant there is an Advanced Weapon Training that actually does that.

My fixes are the following:
>good Fort/Reflex
>Advanced Armor/Weapon Training are received in addition to the normal, not instead of
>4 skill ranks per level
>Bravery advances so as to make will saves against fear emulate a good save, rather than be behind

Even these three fixes allow unarchetyped fighters to move out of tier 5 and into tier 4, which tier 4-3 is where one should shoot for.
>>
>>47529085
Fear is not the only will save that matters. A heroic protagonist-type warrior (which is what the Fighter IS) needs to have the determination and willpower needed to fight mind control.
>>
>>47529065
>Fighters live in a world where their minds get assaulted as much as their bodies.
I don't want to start this argument because it was retarded then and is now. Literally every class is a combat class and using the argument of "they will encounter it" can be used for literally everyone. The argument went no where and neither of us are willing to budge.

>>47529057
Magic item glut has always been a weird place for settings, who makes all these items never really gets answered.

>>47529051
See. I do not understand what you mean. Fighters have plenty of class features all they need is a small boost into tier 4 for the tier 4-3 good stuff spot.
>>
>>47529085
>which tier 4-3 is where one should shoot for.

>Capable of doing one thing quite well, but often useless when encounters require other areas of expertise, or capable of doing many things to a reasonable degree of competence without truly shining. Rarely has any abilities that can outright handle an encounter unless that encounter plays directly to the class's main strength. DMs may sometimes need to work to make sure Tier 4s can contribute to an encounter, as their abilities may sometimes leave them useless. Won't outshine anyone except Tier 6s except in specific circumstances that play to their strengths. Cannot compete effectively with Tier 1s that are played well.

>Often useless
>>
>>47529021
>removes a large portion of opportunity cost inherent to character creation
That's part of the fun, in my mind. People have more choices in character creation, resulting in more varied characters, and the action economy issues are relevant so characters aren't twice as powerful. All the houserules meant he players would be counted as their level plus one or two.

>Actually look things over before allowing it. I've seen too many GMs allow broken as shit stuff.
Noted
>>
>>47529103
>A heroic protagonist-type warrior
Every PC class is a heroic protagonist. By your logic they should all have good will saves.

As well there is literally an advanced weapon training that GIVE you it against mind effecting. Your feats/advanced weapon/advanced armor trainings are supposed to represent your particular place of study. If you want good will save against mind control then grab the advanced weapon training that gives it.

I agree that fighters need a fix, but not an enormous one. Fighters should not be as strong as full casters.

No one should be as strong as full casters, asking fighters to be on that level is silly and ignores the fact that 9 level casters are in fact broken.
>>
>>47529131
>Giving Fighters all good saves makes them as strong as fullcasters
>>
>>47529116
>as their abilities may sometimes leave them useless.
Yes a character should not have an answer to every encounter. That's why you have a party to cover you bases. A group of individuals of tier 4 cover all avenues even if one does not cover them all at once. People SHOULD have gaps in their ability.
>>
So /pfg/, I've got a quandry. I've got a party full of initiators, and I can't make combats just right. Either I kill someone which results in salt, or I don't kill anyone and the combat might as well have never happened because all their resources (HP, maneuvers, status effects) are completely refilled and refreshed in a few moments at no detriment or cost to themselves. What's the point in running encounters that have no impact unless they actually cause death?
>>
>>47529080
>Not all wizards will level up to 9th, or even higher.
No, but a shit ton of them do. Even if they are "rare"(they are not). They're are plenty of mid level wizards in Pathfinder AP's doing basic bitch shit.

>where everyone has create food and water traps (pretty expensive, remember
They aren't in the grand scheme of things.

On an individual level sure, they're "costly". Someone could still buy one if they save up for a few years. On a community level, they aren't terribly expensive.
>>
>>47529144
Again, giving them all good saves is not the end all of it. However all good saves merely pushes their defenses above essentially all other martials without addressing what makes them weak. It is a fix that does nothing but stint them in a direction that puts them above other martials but not in the realm of casters.

Other fighter fixes I have seen DO attempt to push them into caster tier, and those are retarded.

I can make an argument for literally every class having a good will save. Why shouldn't all classes have a good will save? Please, tell me which you want and I'll provide reasoning for it.
>>
>>47529013
MRMMGH QANON AWAKENS

ALRIGHT SWEETIE HERE'S THE COCKERY

THE PDF CLEANER JUST WENT FUCKING DARK A MONTH AGO WITH ZERO FUCKING EXPLANATION, AND A REPLACEMENT HASN'T APPEARED

THIS HAPPENED LAST YEAR TOO, AND UNTIL HE CAME BACK, QANON BOUGHT THE BOOKS HER GODDAMN SELF. SIMPLE SHIT, LET'S JUST DO THAT AGAIN RIGHT?

BUT WAIT HAHAHA OH SHIT QANON LOST HER JOB AND CAN'T HARDLY AFFORD TO PUT FOOD INTO HER FACE, LET ALONE BUY PILES OF BOOKS EVERY MONTH.

SINCE QANON DOESN'T HAVE ANY PAIZO SUBSCRIBED FRIENDS, WE'RE JUST LEANING ON THE VAGARIES OF THE PDF CLEANING MARKET

ALRIGHT THE PSA IS OVER YOUR HATE CAN FLOW NOW
>>
>>47529148
Kill characters. If people are salty it means they're mostly just manchildren. That's why back up characters exist.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 400x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 400x357
>>47521284
>Destruction Spear
reeeeeee
>>
>>47529169
>No, but a shit ton of them do. Even if they are "rare"(they are not). They're are plenty of mid level wizards in Pathfinder AP's doing basic bitch shit.
If you look how wizards exist in golarion (official ones from APs) it's obvious access to spells upon level up are not universal. From an in universe perspective people are not choosing the strongest options, the only reasons being that makes sense is because they don't want to or can't. Don't want to doesn't hold water so can't is the next best. Paizo didn't limit PCs in that nature however.
>>
>>47529148
>No impact

Attrition is shit, has always been shit, and always will be shit. The impact is if they make it through the encounter, and what effect on the story the encounter has. Any reasonably competent party would be doing the same thing through rationing spell slots and having healing wands.

Make interesting and fun encounters that might kill someone, or might not. The encounter's meaning and whether or not it "might as well have never happened" has nothing to do with how much they spent on it, but what impact it has to the PCs and NPCs around them.
>>
>>47529181
Maybe try to get in touch with these guys:
8ch net /tg /res /232255. html#242098
>>
>>47529181
don't worry, it's not like anything good has come out
>>
>>47529148
While this is an issue with the Medic, at the end of the day it'd be little difference from one of them picking up wands and UMD. You'll want to put characters in tough position mid combat, like reducing them to really low health or outright knocking them out, without actually killing them unless they are exceedingly reckless. (You may want to fudge damage die as needed behind-the-screens a couple times for this, but don't swing it too high or too low).
>>
>>47529219
This is a nice thought, but in practice most players just don't care.
>>
>>47529236
Sounds like you're playing with shit groups. I've been playing for 16 years now and almost all of the people I've played with have been more interested in the story than making sure that they have the feeling of danger from attrition.
>>
>However all good saves merely pushes their defenses above essentially all other martials

I disagree.

Fighters have paltry defenses. Bravery only helps against fear. Armor Training only makes it easier to move. And they only have one good save.

Monks get a pile of immunities and all good saves. Paladins are walking save-tanks and can swift-heal themselves. Barbarians have a d12 HD, DR, and can anger their way into shit like fast healing and energy resistance.
>>
>>47529229
Wands and UMD still have a cost and charges. It might be negligible at higher levels, but it's there, and if you run out of charges because you didn't keep track or you're days away from a place you can buy one, you're not going to get that free healing any more.
>>
>>47529229
>You may want to fudge damage die as needed behind-the-screens a couple times for this, but don't swing it too high or too low
I find this extremely dishonest as a GM. People don't only die when reckless, characters are going into life or death combat constantly. Death is a constant companion even if does not always take a party member from the group.

I personally never fudge and roll openly. If a character dies then they die. Enemies are there to try and win/survive just like the PCs. If they think it is hopeless many will run rather than right to the death, if they think they can eliminate a individual who might get up they will coup de gras (really not doing show would mean they are ignorant of healing magic's existence, so if they are they won't go for it). They will try and tip the odds in their favor within their means (setting up defenses, etc.).

I make this clear to people that the enemies will be acting as if their lives are on the line so the players should as well.
>>
>>47529276
With advanced weapon training Fighters essentially have three good saves now too. Bravery to Will, Weapon Training to Reflex.
>>
>>47529148
Honestly, HP recovery maneuvers need to be dealt with. I'd make it non-stacking temp HP that lasts about a minute after combat is over.
>status effects
I assume you mean Temporal Body Adjustment. I'd axe that shit all together or make it so that it merely delays the effect of the negative effect 1dX hours later or something, and it has a chance of coming back worse because you fucked with fate.
I have no idea why the FUCK DSP brought back Iron Heart Surge
>>
>>47529276
Unchained monks do not have all good saves.

I commented on my fighter fix, allowing advanced armor training alongside normal armor training would bring them in line. All good saves I believe pushes them above that line.

>>47529265
I've run a club at a university for several years. Perhaps I am jaded.
>>
>>47529189
Well you see anon, some people get attached to the story of their characters and don't see them as a sheet with numbers on it.
>>
>>47529312
Fool's Errand has an even worse one. The anti-magic counter.
>>
>>47529181
I save my hate for Paizo devs and people who don't tip. All I have flowing right now are Sylphus.
>>
>>47529306
Interesting. So by investing resources into those defenses, they become almost as good as if they actually had good saves there to begin with. Defenses that most classes just have as a natural part of the class.
>>
>>47529265
> than making sure that they have the feeling of danger from attrition.
Why not have the best of both worlds anon?

Why not try Dungeon World or something?
>>
>>47529279
Wands are a negligible cost at anything past 1. You have what, about 13 encounters per level? A wand of infernal healing is 750gp, so 187.5gp per party member. It will probably last about halfway through the level or maybe the entire level, depending on how combats go. By then you'll have more than enough treasure to replace it.

You can restock in any small town 75% of the time, or try again a week later. You will almost always have enough.
>>
>>47529265
You're losing a lot, storywise if you just scrap all attrition forever. There's never any tension about pushing on in a time-critical situation or resting because you're pretty much in top form all the time.

PCs don't exist in good or bad condition, they just exist.
>>
>>47529335
The Anti-Magic one's been nerfed at least, and it only works against SR stuff so you can still fail a save and get status-ed. The AMF version was just broken.
>>
>>47529312
Because the ONLY PROBLEM with Iron Heart Surge was its open-endedness. It worked perfectly fine when used to end conditions.

>>47529343
Never tension from pushing on in a time-critical condition or resting? Sure there is. There's reasons to wait or rest or continue. Tension is about the storytelling the players create, not about the mechanics.
>>
>>47529320
Yes, death is part of the story. If I want to play a game where death is not on the table as a consequence then I will play a system where it is not. It's not about the GM maliciously killing characters, it's about the PCs being in a constant life or death struggle. Most PCs go into combat regularly, their lives a roil of bloodshed. Death is something that will occur, and not always to individuals die in a heroic fashion. Some succumb and are brought low even by foes they thought paltry.

It's a different kind of game. It's the same reason I ban all forms of resurrection magic.
>>
>>47529312
I will never understand why shit like this is an issue.
>>
How does magic actually work in Golarion? Can a sufficiently advanced Construct cast spells? If so, why? If not, why not?
>>
>>47529355
Yes, but the mechanics shape the decisions the players make IN creating said story.
>>
>>47529376
Constructs are mindless, so generally no.
>>
>>47529376
I don't see why not.

Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to keep the artificial brothers down!

They'd need to be intelligent, or the best they'd get is SLAs.
>>
>>47529355
Mechanics shape one's decisions. Without magic you are not playing a game, but playing pretend.
>>
Will it be fine if I just switch Psion to CHA-based casting for a certain NPC?
Wilder sucks, and I want a proper CHA-based full-manifester.
>>
>>47529355
IHS was fine as it was. Standard action to remove a condition that lasts for more than 1 round is balanced since it still has weaknesses and things it won't work against. TBA works against too much and does it too well.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.