[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you like about the Age Of Sigmar setting? What do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11
What do you like about the Age Of Sigmar setting?

What do you dislike?
>>
>>47441321
I like the salt. I like the tears of WHFB players.
>>
I hate that it exists.

there is no like.
>>
I like the concepts that went into it. I like the forces of order finally having a way to fight back. I love the backstory to the fyreslayers and how they are trying to find grimnir. I do like the Stormcast eternals, though I wish they were designed a little closer to the Blanche art. I like that the settin is vast and leaves room for all kinds of stories, from small tribes of normal dudes who have never seen a stormcast defending their homes up to giant clashes involving millions of combatants. I like that with every new book we learn a little more, and the fluff has been getting more interesting. Info wish they had a central guidebook like the 8th BRB containing that amount of background on the setting and the races in it, and I do wish we could learn more about the cultures but that will come in time.

I don't like how little fluff there was At the start. I don't like how they built up this new setting, then destroyed it all over again and pretty much took us to the endtimes of the mortal realms. absutely hate the archaon wank, his story should have ended when he died in the end times. Also don't like the time gap between the destruction of the old world and the current timeline, any races de ended from old world cultures should be unrecognizable at this point. Hate how the skavens are just another chaw faction instead of their own thing. Hate how they are creating new subfactions from existing ones, like the flesh eater courts, without actually adding anything new.

I do like AoS and I see it as totally separate from fantasy. I never sperged out when they ended fantasy because only the TT stopped being supported. The sourcebooks, BL novels and the existence of TW warhammer prove that the setting hasn't gone anywhere. Unless you're strictly TT, in which case, that's oretty unfortunate for you
>>
>>47441321
Really for what I seen nothing specially interesting. Fantasy died for this, and it's meh.
>>
>>47441995

This sums up some of what I like and some of what I don't.

I'd say the biggest thing I don't like about AoS is that as yet it's not really a concrete world and I'm not sure GW really has any intentions of making it one. We have no idea how big the Realms are, how they look against the back drop of the larger universe, or how various universal mechanics work.

Granted Fantasy waffled on this a bit, particularly at the end, but there was at least some stuff.
>>
>>47442016
fantasy died because no one played it and then no new hobbyist bought into it because they heard no one played it then gw's old ceo saw the numbers and said "fuck it, anything will be better than this"
>>
>>47441995
>absutely hate the archaon wank, his story should have ended when he died in the end times

Get through your head. Archaon is Jesus of the Warhammer universe. Heck, the setting is named after the weapon Archaon is meant to wield and shall wield when he is redeemed.

WHFB is the story of Archaon/Diederick Kastner. If he goes, then there is no point in Warhammer.
>>
I hate the shitty maps
I hate that it killed WHFB
I hate sigmarines and will never collect them

But i like the new models and some of the cool stuff like the flesheater court fluff.

https://youtu.be/Cx8sl2uC46A
>>
>>47442258
Fuck no, fantasy is played still, and new people comes to /tg/ asking to start playing fantasy without knowing a shit about AoS. They squated it because it didn't sell as well as 40k after all the fuckups they did with it, specially in the 8th edition, but 7th with the powercreep codex wasn't good for the hobby.
>>
>>47442267
And that's exactly what I hate about it. Hiw we have a world, and then a multiverse so vast, and yet it's all the story about one man. Trash tier lore, all races should be equally represented.
>>
File: gJeNaHd.jpg (483 KB, 1534x1994) Image search: [Google]
gJeNaHd.jpg
483 KB, 1534x1994
>>47442317

>>47442329

Not enough new people. Which happened because with 8th Edition GW ignored where the wind was blowing and doubled down on catering to the people who had been playing for years already and those who had amassed a kitchen table's worth of models they wanted to use in an average game. On top of that they couldn't even be assed to come up with a system for smaller games or even have the system function well at both small and larger levels. Meaning somebody probably couldn't get a feel for how the game was truely supposed to be played until they had around a thousand points and probably close to 100 models.

Not to mention the only armies Fantasy had that catered to the Space Marine army style of elite units were Warriors of Chaos and Ogres.

>>47442392

Yeah, I really wished they had just used Fantasy ending as an excuse to get rid of Archaon and start over fresh.
>>
I like how factions are smaller, allowing for more focus on them. For example, the Skaven Pestilens objectives of finding the Thirteen Great Plagues or how they declare each other heretics over shades of buboes, or the flesh-eater courts and their cannibalistic delusion.

I like how the gods are more present and active, and end up being more human and suffering from consequences rather than being distant and untouchable.

I love the fucking beasties found all around. Maw-crushas, Magmadroths, Khorgoraths, Dracoths and Star-Drakes.

What I don't like is the extreme focus on Stormcast Eternals and Khorne Bloodbound. It's getting stale.

The maps could definitely have better quality.

I would like if there more contributors to Lexicanum for AoS.
>>
>>47441995
Partially like the fluff, I love high fantasy and the ginormous scale everything seems to be. I like the new models, except the sigmarines, but we are talking about GW, so they're all overpriced as hell.
I hate the retard-tier rules. They just throw down the drain everything I like about it. And I don't think they're pulling back to turn AoS into Warhammer 9th edition, because that would be admiting they did wrong.
>>
>>47442774
>extreme focus on Stormcast Eternals and Khorne Bloodbound
This. It's an endless supply of Space Marines vs Khorne Daemonkin. Why not Orruks or Fyreslayers or something?
>>
I wish they kept the Old World and just added more depth to the setting rather than just advancing the story. Smaller unit counts would've helped too, as well as rules that were consistently updated and balanced.
>>
File: sadgungrabber.jpg (31 KB, 634x358) Image search: [Google]
sadgungrabber.jpg
31 KB, 634x358
Dislike: It is now generic and has lost the heart of what WHFB was. It is now interchangable and has a feeling of being easily changed to fit whatever agenda they want.
>>
>>47442774

I like the focus on smaller factions within a faction too. This is the kind of stuff that either got glossed over in Fantasy or you'd have to hope for supplemental material in 40k.

>>47443228

There is stuff about the rules I'd like them to change, but making the game entirely like Fantasy is not one of them. I prefer this style where things are akin to Warmachine and Hordes and units within an army have synergy with each other rather than feeling like they're just fulfilling that army's equivalent of a role.

>>47443303

It's kind of ironic to describe AoS as generic compared to Fantasy.

Fantasy's saving grace was that it was able to successfully smash together a lot of popular concepts with added historical flavor.
>>
Like:
> You can play smaller games
> new start collecting boxes are a good deal

Dislike:
> They got rid of the whfb to make way for this.
> The new setting is pretty bland.
>New aesthetics aren't as good (rounded edges on everything).
> The new trademark-able names are stupid. >No point values.
>Tomb kings got dropped.

I'd like it if they rereleased whfb or Mordheim. The setting just seems more interesting to me. Wouldn't care if they did this alongside AoS with some models that could crossover between games.
>>
>>47443454

It's looking increasingly likely that the new names have nothing to do with trademarks considering the new edition of Bloodbowl being put out by FW uses Orcs, Elves, and Dwarfs. It's more likely GW's attempt to associate their name with the concept.

Point values are coming this summer.

Tomb Kings being gone is disappointing and I hope the rumor of them making a comeback at some point is true.

FW is supposedly going to work on Mordheim and Necromunda after they release Bloodbowl and Adeptus Titanicus. Whether it would be Mordheim with few or any changes like Bloodbowl or an AoS version hasn't been confirmed.
>>
>>47443421
>Fantasy's saving grace was that it was able to successfully smash together a lot of popular concepts with added historical flavor
Truly this. Even WHFB was never truly original.
>>
>>47443528
Even if they have nothing to do with trademarks they still seem pretty dumb.
>>
>>47441321
I like the fluff. It's totally different from Warhammer Fantasy but still good. As long as you're not comparing. Some people likes chocolate, others steaks. You don't compare them. And try not to think that your favourite steakhouse stopped serving meat and started serving chocolate.

I dislike names. Not all of them but some of them are too much. Bloodsecrators, Bloodreavers, Blood Warriors, Bloodstokers, Skullreapers, Skullgrinders, Skullcrushers. It's even worse then IceWolf McWolf the Lonewolf wielding Fenrisian Ice Axe of Wolf and Wolf Bolter of the Fang.
>>
>>47441321
What is there to like? The aesthetic looks gaudy and surprisingly uninspired.
>>
>>47441321
I like the power metal/80s aesthetic.
lot of colours, wich is reminescent of early WHFB.
I LOVE some aspects of the lore-the hated sigmarines have some really cool ideas.
Soldiers of light, with fucking thunder in their veins with weapons and armours made LITERALLY from the molten core of the old world, fighting to save the new one. You cant get more metal than that.
i like the sheer enphasis put on Your Dudes instead of named characters-even the models for named character in the starter box instead have generic profiles to be used like your own, and the setting is so large that creating your warlord with his own realm/sphere of power is actually pushed(next campaign will be based on this!)

What i dislike:
the main story arc is just bad Archaon wanking
book format is BAD
too much fucking sigmarines, they should have been the core in wich the other races gravitate upon, not the only fucking thing that matters
Also, plz, give us back blood in the art pieces.

As for the game per se:
-no points are actually a thumb up, point cost is a retarded balanced system wich never worked and WILL not work here either.
-narrative game incentivized
-game is a LOT faster and works both with small armies and big armies
-sinergic armies, every unit helps othe runits and weak models can become steamrollers with the right combo
-fluffy armies can be finally played without beign pushovers
-rules beign easier(bit not game complexity)means a better flow of the game
-complaining again "hurr hurr muh balance 10 nagahses" is retarded, because i havent got a "broken" game yet even against a couple of pretty competitive players(and even managed to win with my shitty fluff army).
-game feels more dynamic, probably because muh round bases and not having ranked units. Wich can be a bad point for who wanted that that. this is pure personal preference.
-dislikes
-I miss old magic phase. This way is more balanced but damn, its bland.
[cont]
>>
>>47443616

Some of the names to me just seem like they're in the same vein as the names you could get from the generator in the Realm of Chaos books.

>>47443682

Points I'd say isn't entirely about balance as it is having a quick way of doing pick up games with no fuss.
>>
>>47443682
-I miss the randomness on skaven machines. i want my gatling to be potentially OP or explode at the first die of shots, and my doomwheel to zap my own rats.
-fireslayers were a cool idea, but the infantry models are AWFUL. The heroes are pretty good tho, the runemaster is a great model.
-the writing on the books is BAD. Like, decent fluff but HORRIBLY written. Also, illustrations are always and only armies clashing. Why? When you describe the gates of azyr, why don't put a fucking artwork of it?

I guess thats all.
At first I kinda cringed on some aspects of Aos, but when I tried it I found it a LOT better than i tought and under a layer of "simplicity" and "carefree"attitude I found an actual good game wich sparkled on me enthusiasm on warhammer and wargame after YEARS.
On the net the reception is terrible, my suggestion is: find a club where they are playing it and try a game or two, without prejudice.
-
>>
I liked the Old World as a setting, AoS killed that. I don't know enough about AoS to pass judgement because I have no interest in it, but I dislike that it came at the cost of WHFB.
>>
>>47443778

>I miss the randomness on skaven machines. i want my gatling to be potentially OP or explode at the first die of shots, and my doomwheel to zap my own rats.

The Skaven still do sort of have this, but it's less pronounced, maybe because they thought the previous incarnation hurt more than it helped.

On the bright side, no Warscrolls are truly final, so they could change them in the future like they recently did with the Crypt Ghouls.
>>
>>47444085
I know, i just loved the randomness of skavens. one game i basically lost turn 2 because my ratling exploded, my doomwheel zapped my own clanrats moving just 2" and my entire army ran away when a SINGLE bloodletter was left alive after a clash and he CHASED THE WHOLE ARMY who routed due to bad rolls.
good times.

>>47443768
>Points I'd say isn't entirely about balance as it is having a quick way of doing pick up games with no fuss.
problem is, its going to become yhe norm, and points sucks. I managed to have great games-balanced games using RAW field method: you field a unit, i field another one until we're okay with that.
Its seems stupid but it works. i despise wound counts-wich is used by 80% ofthe people i know because its blatanty stupid.
>>
>>47444155

>problem is, its going to become yhe norm, and points sucks. I managed to have great games-balanced games using RAW field method: you field a unit, i field another one until we're okay with that.

There will probably still be people willing to play like that, especially if they're regulars and you know each and feel like hashing something out.
>>
File: Untitled.png (297 KB, 300x457) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
297 KB, 300x457
I'm still waiting. Hopefully there will be a mention of a skeleton wandering around & fucking things up in the Warp.
>>
>>47442317
HeroQuest truly IS great...
>>
>>47444564
probably every game will be with points, because people tend to use whatevers most used.
Like, in all lgs i went in my area, they tend to use wounds.
As long as people don't start min-maxing again, i can live with that(in the end, its just a comp), but there's a chance that it will become a cancer again.
im still super hyped for new narrative play and the upcoming campaign.
>>
>>47441473
I know this is bait but.. wow you really are into this great game pal.
>>
>>47445688
Anon, I actually like all the suffering going on. I want to drink WHFB fans' tears.
>>
>>47441321
>What do you like about the Age Of Sigmar setting?

The setting? Nothing. I like the Ironjaw miniatures.
>>
>>47441321

It has infinite potential for "your dudes" that WHFB doesn't have, like, at all.

>What do you dislike?

It's so campy and rediculous and GW never explained loads of shit, like how people got from one realm to another.
>>
>>47441321
I would say that the setting is very modular, and I like that. Visually it has a lot of potential. I like that it actively encourages a wide range of sceneries and scenarios, which (sorry WHFB guys) there wasn't much of it in Warhammer Fantasy. I find that Age of Sigmar is a setting that includes a whole bevy of archetypes; terrifying, Chaos fuelled worlds, lush jungles, fields of bone ext. 40k is similar in that regard and I find that this is nothing but a positive.

Character wise, so far, it is a little lacking. I wish they would expand on the normal human element more, because I think that every setting should have a relatable human environment to supplement the fantasy with a bit of reality. Some factions, like the Stormcast, Fyreslayers, and the Seraphron, who have been in the spotlight in a few source books, are entirely unrelatable as main characters and I find their background quite weak. Chaos is Chaos so it is hard to think of it as something relatable, though if you use Daemon World from Ben Counter as an example it could be.

Lastly, I think it allows a lot of players to engage in anything from small to large battles pretty seamlessly once the players have agreed on a scenario that works for all of them. That is most certainly a positive. Even small games of WHFB took fucking forever, and in my experience, were often limited in narrative. My Beastmen army (when I had it), for example, had very little reason to be in Khemri or something. It was hard to write. Age of Sigmar has no such qualms.

If we're talking about gameplay, I love it so far. I like that it is simple and streamlined, since I can include my fiance and friends who don't care for the huge rulebook that 40k or WHFB had. I like that they can buy a box or two, with a single clampack hero, and we can all have fun.

I really liked WHFB's setting but it had a lot of limitations, and by the time I was into it, the gameplay aspects just turned my group off of it.
>>
>>47441321

nothing

>What do you dislike?

Age of Sigmar
>>
File: Age of Sigmar Lore.jpg (863 KB, 1540x2000) Image search: [Google]
Age of Sigmar Lore.jpg
863 KB, 1540x2000
It's a theme park deal without any sense of scale

You can't even have another WHFRPG without a coherent setting which is my main problem. WHFB had a distinct world with locations marked out in a reasonable scale. Now you have everchanging realms which make no sense. Also no fun historical throwback, now all we have are huge pauldrons among other crazy designs.
>>
>>47441995
>he doesn't like fresheater courts
Expanding subfactions into their own thing is cool. Strigoi went from being kind of bland to being delusional people infected by a mind altering disease.
>>
>>47442317
>shit yeah
>mutherfukken HEROQUEST
>see elf mini
>sword is broken, as always
>see the cards
>see the furniture minis
>see the guy flipping through the quest book
>all this nostalgia

Played the shit out of that game when I was a kid.
>>
What I like: some of the new factions like fyreslayers and flesh eater courts are pretty damn cool considering there theme.

What I dislike: The focus on Sigmarines, the overall design of sigmarines, maybe I would like them more if they stuck to john blanche's original concept art. Also that whole reforging sigmarine's thing every time they die really takes out any sense of sacrifice and stake in the story. I dislike the current concept of realms and its lack of certain geography, hoping that at some point in the story all the realms collide to create some new fantasy world/earth were god's have returned to being 'felt' rather than seen on the forefront of story's. All this should be about mortals and their struggles not the gods struggle. If there was one thing WHFB had, it was that sort of down to earth feel despite being in a fantasy world that made it pretty damn appealing.

The fact that the story is advancing gives me hope for major fluff changes if need be at least.
>>
I would keep the Stormcast Eternals oddly enough, albeit some tweaking. They're now more angelic than Space Marines, and they're Chapters are gone. They wage a war in the realm of Chaos and occasionally the battle overlaps into the Old World.

Everything else with Age of Shitmar goes.
>>
>>47441321
I like nothing about it.
Most of the art is cheap looking.
Most of the models are busy, or way too CAD looking.
It replaced an iconic setting for what reason exactly?

The manner in which WHFB was axed was so shockingly stupid, it makes you wonder if someone in charge was purposely trying to tank the company.

The names are embarrassing, and a constant reminder that GW cares little for the actual game/setting/hobby.
>how is it that Blizzard, Mantic, and about a thousand other companies can use the terms Elf, Dwarf, etc.? But Games Workshop cant. Its absurd and smacks of paranoia + unprecedented greed.

Age of Sigmar will be gone in 5 years. Everyone will remember it as the blunder that it is. Games Workshop will never fully regain the trust of its customers, and the whole thing is just one sad mess.
>>
>>47448846
It won't be gone, but probably find a status similar to Sisters of Battle in that it is still sold but not supported at all. GW is too stubborn to simply axe the whole thing.
>>
>>47449185
So how are AoS' sales anyways?
>>
>>47449206
Nobody knows. GW is extremely secretive for a retail company. How AoS is doing is the subject of eternal debate but the truth is there's no clear information.
>>
>>47448846
>Age of Sigmar will be gone in 5 years.
We can only hope.
>>
AoS isn't a setting, it's an aesthetic. The background is intended to paint epic images in your mind - so you can forge a narrative. Evocative names are spread before you to make a vibrant tapestry of war with a unique flavour - ultra high magic, heroic legends fighting extreme villains in deadly battlefields.

Some players can't get their heads around this new idea - a setting designed just to set a tone rather than autistically depict a world. Age of Sigmar lets you, the players, make the rules. What's a Mortuary Factory? Who knows, but whatever you imagine is better than having one fixed image.

Let your imagination run wild - Age of Sigmar is a high fantasy, all action aesthetic where anything is possible.
>>
>>47449206
>>47449217

Theres only anecdotal evidence and Hastings' report. Dude has a solid track record years long.
Games Workshop asking a 3rd party tournament organizer to help with the AoS points system could also be interpreted as them realizing that their ruleset was preventing a lot of people from trying the game.

There are supposedly people who play AoS at my flgs, Ive never seen any though. Im starting to suspect the greasy British dude that works there is full of shit. Yesterday I heard him say 'Infinity is too hard', and 'People only hate Death from the Skies because its new.'
>>
>>47441321
I may be a "weaboo shill" but I like the whole setting of it. I have some problems with it like the current limited range, but I feel more drawn to the new factions than I do the ones of old.

My complains are the common ones like the retarded names that are obviously GW's attempt to copyright a name in hopes of earning royalties for it like Star Wars did with "droid". I liked simpler names like "Chaos Warriors" and "Marauders". I feel like a dumbass when I read compound names like "Everchosen", "Bloodsecrator", and "Bloodbound", and pretty much any word spliced with "Blood" to make it edgy and Khornate.

I wish there were more options for Empire and Brettonians. I think the one thing preventing Sigmarines from being cool units is their lack of human counterparts/companions.
>>
>>47446186

Technically Chaos has been squatting in the Mortal Realms for quite some time now, so them showing typical signs of corruption kind of makes sense.

It kind of occurred to me before that GW possibly used the Realm of Chaos as a blueprint for the Mortal Realms. Though Warhammer didn't really take place in the aforementioned so it was fine that it didn't make a lot of sense and was ever changing.

>>47448658

>Also that whole reforging sigmarine's thing every time they die really takes out any sense of sacrifice and stake in the story.

It's really the only way for there to be any balance against Chaos. Stormcast aren't unkillable though, plenty have permanently died and those that have been Reforged sometimes come back changed. I imagine GW may get around to exactly what being Reforged means as time goes on.

>47448846

>how is it that Blizzard, Mantic, and about a thousand other companies can use the terms Elf, Dwarf, etc.? But Games Workshop cant. Its absurd and smacks of paranoia + unprecedented greed.

Blizzard drawing heavy inspiration from Fantasy and allowing their aesthetics and such to speak more than names is probably why they didn't bother with any change. Now they're so big a lot of people will associate various fantasy stuff with them.

Mantic can't afford to do anything that would disrupt sucking from the disgruntled GW fan teat.

Said it before, GW using different names for AoS is them trying to stand out a little in a world where Blizzard stole their thunder long ago.

>>47449481

>Dude has a solid track record years long.

Dude also has an axe to grind with GW.
>>
>>47445765
>like how people got from one realm to another.

70% of the battles revolve around Realmgates, anon. You know, the prime methods of travel between the realms.
>>
>>47441321

I'll echo a lot of people in this thread. I hated the idea of Age of Sigmar when it came out, felt like they just axed all the stuff that I liked about WHFB to push their game of Fantasy Space Marines vs Fantasy Chaos Space Marines.

If you love Warhammer Fantasy and can't help but compare it to Age of Sigmar whenever it's brought up, then there's just no way you could ever like it. If you look at the setting independently as a cool power metal, Frank Frazetta, over the top high fantasy myth setting, then what they've done with it so far is actually pretty cool.
>>
File: image.gif (25 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
25 KB, 300x245
>>47449375

This is almost disturbing, if its real.
>>
>>47450307
GW didnt change the race names to stand out. They did it after trying and failing to copyright Dwarf, Elf, Dragon, and other ridiculously stupid shit. Aelf they can copyright.

>Dude also has an axe to grind with GW.

It looks that way, but he def has an inside source thats been spot on for years. And according to that source AoS is bombing hard.

like someone would just go on the internet and make stuff up
>>
File: P1210994.jpg (307 KB, 1311x1600) Image search: [Google]
P1210994.jpg
307 KB, 1311x1600
>>47451191

>They did it after trying and failing to copyright Dwarf, Elf, Dragon, and other ridiculously stupid shit.

I'm not aware of any such attempt, dragons don't even have an alternative name in AoS.

Pretty they can't really copyright Aelf either.

Once again, if it was about copyright then Bloodbowl would Aelves, Duardin, and Orruks instead of Elves, Dwarfs, and Orcs, it doesn't.
>>
>>47449375
This is pretty retarded. Every other fantasy wargame has a setting because not everyone is an ADD-riddled child who can't focus or appreciate the smaller details.
>>
>>47451106
>>47451337

What they say actually sounds similar to why some people like KoW not having much lore.
>>
>>47447927
>Hate how they are creating new subfactions from existing ones, like the flesh eater courts, without actually adding anything new.
I like the flesh eater courts, I don't like who they didn't take the opportunity to add new units to expand their range. Even from a strictly lore standpoint, it would be nice to see them get a few more units thrown in to make them feel like a full faction. The sub factions are a good idea, i wish they would add a bit more to make them seem like distinct age of sigmar factions rather than fragments of WHF ones.
>>
>>47451351
>>47451337
Guys you have been rused by a troll copypasta that keeps being posted around

Check the archives
>>
File: WrongWeek.jpg (62 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
WrongWeek.jpg
62 KB, 250x250
Liked: The "old school WH" ideas the pre-release shills pimped.

Loathed: The "pre-school WH" product they actually released.
>>
>>47441321
Factions having more breath in terms of size, aggressivity, alliances and space for input.
Factions being able to move and act in the warp to have the possibility for players to make up and influence new territories without afflicting the main setting too much.
Factions having subfactions that can form independent armies.

>What do you dislike?
That it destroyed the old world.
That it destroyed the old factions.
That gods act at a mortal level too much.
The wank of chaos united.
That the high magic elements are not balanced by lower magic ones, making the jump uninteresting and unsurprising.
The sigmarines having too much zigzagging lightings and not enough serpentine sunrays and comets tails decorations; the sigmarines not having slimmer proportions; the sigmarines not having more vertical pauldrons; the sigmarines lacking soft features like plumes, feathers, mantles, chainmail and scale armour to balance the blocky design; the sigmarines being too prominent; the sigmarines.
The armour designs for chestpieces interlocking over rather than under or being fused with the abdominal plates.
That lizardmen now being shadows of their former selves.
>>
>>47441321
I like the fact that it's an absolute perfect storm of awfulness, with rules, fluff, artwork and models all just about as terrible as they could conceivably be. It's like a crazy nightmare.

I dislike the fact that it's real.
>>
>>47441321
I hate that WHF had to die in order for AOS to live.
>>
There are many reasons i both like and dont like about this game... im just gonna say what my favourite bit is.

The fluff is great. True it isnt a historical fantasy story like most people like you... however it is not a boring world, with some awesome pieces of fluff (mostly orrucs atm)

For example when a sigmarine chapte- chamber marches to war with Gordrakk's (aos ghazgkull) horde and become a part of a waagh.

Or The fact that the orruks when they want to fight lizardmen just paint themselves as chaos guys to bait the seraphon into attacking them
>>
>>47448846
>>47449319
>5 years.
That's too optimistic. I'd say 3 years.
>>
>>47451326
Check your facts friend, its public info. Chapterhouse lawsuit related.

GW wanted to copyright terms that have been around since forever. You'll be amazed at the list of words they thought they could own. They were denied, and I imagine laughed at. Hence the butthurt driven decisions like Aelf, Duardin, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 640x640
>>47449375
Wow. Redshirt, full blown retard, or both?
That is some seriously hilarious shilling.
>>
File: image.jpg (480 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480 KB, 1536x2048
I kind of like the lore at some points, but then some pieces of lore pop up describing some sort of battle that no one knows anything about, like I would like them to expand on this issue, I like the StormCast but even I agree that they focus to much on the them and the bloodbound, the new names are starting to grow on me.

The only things I truly dislike is that they don't have more two player box sets featuring for example Fyreslayers vs Ironjaws, and that they don't really focus on the other chaos gods.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.