[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /sp/ have any tips for sports betting? storytime please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: bet.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
bet.png
3 KB, 225x225
Does /sp/ have any tips for sports betting?
storytime please
>>
Bet on the winning team.
>>
>>66655085
how could I have been so blind :O
>>
>>66655026
I only bet on teams that I'm intimately familiar with, the rest of them are basically 50/50 to me unless there's a weird line

I've watched enough of certain players/teams that I know when they are going to go out and perform and when they aren't. if the line is favorable in such a situation I go for it

this only means I bet about 10-20 times a year but my winning percentage is extremely high
>>
>>66655159
do you win enough to make a quick profit? is it worthwhile?
>>
>>66655159
This. If you have a good understanding of what a team is like, it's easier to predict what sort of outcomes they'll produce. And I swear that sometimes betting sites put up random odds. Yesterday I made a wager at +105 for Manchester City scoring over 0.5 goals, about 2 minutes before they scored.
>>
Always beat like losing is not an option, I mean, you might lose, but what if you'll win?
For example, in the start of the season, I put $5000 on Bilbao beating Barca 4-0, easiest money ever
>>
>>66655265
lol wut? what was the winning share?
>>
>>66655213
I've never intended to make this a full-time job, it's a hobby for me

If I were to treat this like a job I would quit my current job and do it full-time

I have enough time currently to follow about 6 teams very closely and so I restrict my betting to those teams

I don't think I would want to make betting my job because I enjoy watching the amount of sports I do now at my leisure, I would never want to feel like I HAVE to watch a game
>>
>>66655465
it always felt more like a gamble to me honestly
>>
Actually I just had a funny idea. Do betting sites give better odds on teams they sponsor?
>>
>>66655497
if it feels like I'm gambling then I don't consider it a good bet

if I lose, I'm always genuinely surprised but I try to learn from it either way

usually the game will go in a direction that I didn't forsee, either via fouls/ejections or poor coaching strategy
>>
>>66655549
why would they do that, their main purpose is to make money so I doubt it.
>>
Ask /bet/; I hear they're quite helpful
>>
>>66650870

It's full of obnoxious Britbongs though.

If you're new to betting then a good thing to know is to always make individual bets and never put all your money in a single bet, learn how to administer your money.
>>
pmsl
>>
Made 190k over the last 21 months, ask me anything
>>
pmsl @ the slugs in this absolute TEZ thread desu

SEETHING at the lttl rats.
>>
Only up 35k this year pmsl pretty tez tbqh smashing up the flat. pmsl.
>>
>>
Be on the right side of the fix
>>
>>66656453

The wall just got a foot higher.
>>
>>66655026

English National League South.

Put all your shekels on Truro
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.