[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Man City thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14
File: Citteh.png (760 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Citteh.png
760 KB, 1600x1600
I feel fucking rotten that the Man City I grew up with isn't the Man City I know today.

My dad took me to Maine Road as a child and we stood together in the Kippax when it was still all-standing, The atmosphere was always electric.Kids at primary school used to rip the shit out of me because United (the popular Manc team) were unstoppable with Cantona, Hughes, Giggs, Kanchelskis, Schemichael etc, and City were the poor excuse for a team. But I was a proud City fan. My dad supports City so I support City. Laugh at me all you want but I've chose this team and will stick with them 'til I die.

Times changed and the Kippax went all-seater but even when we went to the third tier, we still pulled in the best part of 30,000 for every home game. I went to Wembley when we beat Gillingham in one of the most insane matches I've ever seen and even though it was a fucking awful squad, those players gave their all that day and dancing around to Status Quo's "Rocking All Over The World" with all the other City fans who made the journey to watch us scrape out into the second tier was something very few could understand.

Seasons went by and we went through Royle, Keegan and Eriksson - with world player of the year (a decade earlier), George Weah, way past it midfield supremo Steve McManaman and crocked to shit goal machine Robbie Fowler passing through. Not to mention our legendary goalkeepers in Seaman and Schmeichel. We sometimes had genuine talents accidentally pop in like Benarbia and Elano as well as Van Buyten who literally told the fans on arrival that he was looking for a bigger club.

We even ducked out of the Premiership for a season just so we could smash the Championship for teh lulz.

Typical City we called ourselves.

Typical City they called us.

But they respected us. They didn't have to like us and in truth, we didn't need them to. We didn't care. We weren't callous like Millwall or Chelsea fans, we were just the boys in Manchester who didn't support United.
>>
Though we were a minority in our home city, the city we grew up in, we revelled in the fact that United had more fans in London than in Manchester. That United was more a BSKYB/McDonalds-esque franchise than a real football club. We took pride in supporting a team that was truly, deeply and sentimentally Mancunian.

Then it changed and the Arabs came in. The club changed almost immediately. Eastlands became saturated by people who didn't know any of the songs. Robinho was strutting around behaving as though that sole free kick on his debut against Chelsea gave him the right to be a fucking slug for the rest of the season. I gave up my season ticket that May after we lost 1-0 to Everton.

Man City used to have fans that innovated shit like bringing inflatable bananas to the game as a tribute to the literally who that was Imre Varadi. But the very next season after I left, "we" "adopted" the "Poznan" (something that dozens of clubs had been doing on the continent for decades).

I wasn't there when Agueroooooooooooo happened. I was in a bar in Eastern Europe but I went fucking mental. Like literally running around the place with my shirt off screaming, flipping chairs and tables, shaking absolute strangers, falling flat on my face and bawling my eyes out. All while completely and utterly stone cold sober. Though I had reservations about what was happening to my club, this wasn't about that. This was my final blast of feeling like a child because the Man City I loved more than life itself as a child winning THE title was something I would have literally given my life for.
>>
Haha what is this?
>>
A year later, when City beat Bayern Munich away in the Champions League, I thought that was pretty incredible but the last remnants of my City fan innocence died when there were so many "fans" complaining on how we should have topped the group. Given the fortunes and history of the club, it is miraculous that we were even in the Champions League to begin with, let alone escaping the group but that's what happens when bangwagoners become the vocal majority.

"We" won the title that season but it meant shit all to me.

In the autumn this year, I was dragged to the West Ham home game . The Etihad™ Arena was half empty and many in attendance were middle class day trippers, tourists and garden variety glory hunters. When I was following chants from the sparsely populated "North Stand", I was the only one singing in the entire block and could actually hear people muttering "Isn't he annoying?"

If asked would I rather the Arabs packed up and City got relegated, my answer would be an Unequivocal yes. At this point, I genuinely don't have a football team to support and I have no other options because the only team I can support is the one I promised myself to the moment my Dad taught me to talk. Until the Arabs and the hordes of bandwagonners and glory hunters fuck off, that team doesn't exist.

So here, after a shitty (shitteh?) day of work, I give you cunts another eternal city thread.

Enjoy and do with it what you will. It's not my thread any more, it is yours.

You disloyal, disrespectful, dishonourable, gutless charlatan, pieces of fucking millennial shit.

I hope you all choke to death on the glory.
>>
how old are you la
>>
>>64261690
Copypasta: http://archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/63785803/#63785803
>>
>>64261717

32 in a couple of days.

>>64261720

With two typos altered.
>>
ttt
>>
THIS IS NOW A

JAMIE VARDY

THREAD
>>
File: a lil feelerino.png (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
a lil feelerino.png
60 KB, 500x500
>>64261765
>i just realized i will probably still be here at 32 as well

cant cope with this lads
>>
>>64265615

It never ends m8

Get out while there's still hope

I'm already dead
>>
>all seater stand

Why the fuck are brits nostalgic about that shit ? It's uncomfortable as hell standing up for a whole match
>>
>>64265727

You were held up by your comrades... You barely had to expend any energy.
>>
>>64265727

you can't be mexican
>>
>>64265727
>>64265757

My dad made mates with another man who brought his young son and they stood next to us by this thin crush barrier

When we scored, they would make a little space whilst banging each others' heads together and growl. Us sons would do the same.

They got really proud of us when we threw fingers at the away fans yelling "fucking come at us then you twats" and "you're going home in a fucking ambulance"

They even twatted away fans in front of us if they dared go by our pub.

Good, quality father and infant son times.

Sadly, that's the closest we ever were.
>>
>Late 90s
>Sheffield united fan
>All the kids at school were Wednesday fans
>So much better than us
>5 years later the tables turn
>5 years later they turn back

meh
>>
>>64265727
They're good for cheap tickets nothing else. Standing up for a couple of hours doesn't really require much effort.
>>
foreign City bandwagoners here is your new home: >>64257938
>>
>>64266017

Ah yes, that reminds me...
>>
>>64266017
>>64266142

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmEHGjso9qo
>>
I know that feel. I used to love going to games when I was young. My mum's boyfriend (my step-dad now) and I were season ticket holders in the Platt Lane Stand. I used to love going one week and smashing Burnley and Sheff United only to lose the week later to Stockport County. There was a real sense of uncertainty in the results like you didn't know what to expect.

Nowadays, the fans expect a result and start moaning if it's 0-0 at half time. I've been priced out, but took my wife's son the other week against Sevilla in the Champs League and it was rubbish. No banter, no enjoyment just fans moaning about Mangala and Bony. It's certainly not the club I grew up supporting.
>>
>>64266176

*knowing nod*

It's a unique feel. Chelsea fans have always been obnoxious scum, as have Manu fans. Liverpool have always been a big club so I can't begrudge them anything though I am disappoint in Leeds fans. Of the "big" clubs, Newcastle have probably the only fanbase left with some dignity. Poor bastards.

But yeah, no club has changed the way City have.

And what's that fucking shit having a band playing outside the emptyhad for atmosphere?

For fuck's fucking sake.

Cunts.

Fuck them all.
>>
It's nice to know there are still proper City fans out there. I know a few mates who echo your sentiments and quite frankly I'm sick of the prawn munching, franchise following, fickle fans we have in football now.

United fan here.
>>
>>64266525
They aren't "proper" fans of anything, they're just cunts who always enjoyed whining more than supporting
>>
>>64266541

Erm... They supported them when they played Gillingham, Stockport County, Macclesfield and so on. When it was "their" team.

You're the cunt here pal.
>>
File: 1394995150668.jpg (61 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1394995150668.jpg
61 KB, 500x383
>>64261696
>>64261664
>>64261659
Fuck off and kill yourself
>>
File: 1444791590418.jpg (55 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1444791590418.jpg
55 KB, 500x461
>>64266701
/thread

>Muh Club had a "Real Identity" in the 3rd Division
Only a Çuck would think like this.
>>
>>64266701
>>64266940

>flag
>topic

American sports is literally waiting for your team's turn to win. All whilst sucking on that kek-cow's teat.

>fight and win

Fuck off
>>
>>64265727

u wot m8

My club has standing and at no point has it been uncomfortable.

Then again, I'm not a 400lb disabled Mexican so that might be it.
>>
>>64267045

Who's your team fella?

captcha: Wheelchairs
>>
File: 1429476705214.png (89 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
1429476705214.png
89 KB, 201x251
>>64267020
>Winning trophies = Loss of Identity
>Rather be relegation battling team then having foreign fans, players, and owners.

WTF are you on about. Fuck off with that loser mentality you man child.

Your 32 and complaining on an image board about your Club actually WINNING SHIT and not being a perennial loser. Think about that, your Complaining about Winning.
>>
File: 1449343513179.jpg (60 KB, 1126x738) Image search: [Google]
1449343513179.jpg
60 KB, 1126x738
>>64266176
>my wife's son
>>
>>64266667
Nah, they're the people who went to one game a year back then and never fucking shut up about it as if it's some badge of honour

"Wah everything isn't shit, anyone who disagrees with me never went to a city game before 2010"
>>
>>64265727
Standing's absolute shit, we still have it for rugby and it's always full of idiots putting their drinks and food on the floor and then whining when it gets knocked over
>>
>>64265644
38 y/o reporting.

I'm a life long Warroirs fan. OP hit me right square in the sub cockles of my deepest feels Like in my feel bowels
>>
>>64267105

Gee, I never thought about it like that!

Can you not read? It isn't the same fucking club.

When Blackburn Rovers won the title, it was because Jack Walker (a lifelong Blackburn fan with no pretensions to turning the club into a brand) hired Kenny Dalgleish who in turn made several sound purchases (including Man City's Colin Hendry).

When Nottingham Forest and Derby County won the league, it was because Brian Clough was the second coming of what you know as "god".

Still the same clubs.

When City won the title, they did so as a fucking global brand.

I know that every major team in America (with the exception of the Packers) is ultimately owned by the same conglomerate but that's not how it works in England.

Therefore

>flag
>topic

Fuck off
>>
> not continuing to support City

Are you taking the piss? Are you actually cut that people around the world are starting to love your club, your players, your coach, your play style, your history and your songs?

Why? Because an investor helps the club sign great talent from around the world so you can compete with the giants of the EPL and Europe?

Who wouldn't want to see their club grow, succeed and appeal to others?
>>
>>64267217

Warriors is basketball, right?

Tell me about it.
>>
>>64267306

Because it was "our" club.

United was for the glory hunters.

City was for the local lads. We supported them because it was Manchester's team. We genuinely didn't give fuck about being shit. We had our little moments and they were ours.
>>
>>64267306
>>64267410

If we won the title like Blackburn, Forest and County won theirs then fair dinkum.

But we didn't. We were bought by Abu Dhabi plc in order to make THEM look legit.
>>
File: 10nfACRw_400x400.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
10nfACRw_400x400.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>64267306
He has to be trolling or this is next level autism.

>>64267270
I am in tears laughing at you. You really should start supporting another team. Like FC United of Manchester or Salford City. Since this isn't the MCFC you grew up why not follow another team?

>FeelsGoodMan
As a US City fan I feel good that I am ruining your Childhood club for you. A Çuck deserves nothing in this world but contempt.
>>
>>64267469
Funny thing is that a lot of city fans from about 20 years ago started bandwagoning them instead of stockport, they just convieniently forget
>>
>>64267469

If I jumped ship, I would be just like you.

A hollow faggot devoid of character.
>>
>>64267309
Yes, the Warriors are basketball.

Here's a good article about bandwagoners
http://behindthearc.collectivepress.com/why-the-warriors-nba-championship-is-actually-terrible-for-the-bay-area/
>>
File: 18j4q2j9az58njpg.jpg (57 KB, 1024x657) Image search: [Google]
18j4q2j9az58njpg.jpg
57 KB, 1024x657
>>64267469
Would you let Rodgers cuck you if it meant it was for the good of City?
>>
>>64267497

>this meme

Did Stockport County ever have 30,000 fans?
>>
File: 1430097574813.jpg (191 KB, 800x799) Image search: [Google]
1430097574813.jpg
191 KB, 800x799
>>64267497
Seriously, How is it possible for us to win it like Blackburn or Forest and County?

It is not possible to win the league with heavy investment. And please don't mention a meme team winning it like Leicester City since they will not win the League.

***If some UK Billionaire bought City instead of Mansour and duplicated the same result you would be on your knees sucking them off.

WAS CITY YOUR CLUB WHEN THOSE GOOKS ALMOST BANKRUPTED IT?????????
>>
File: ibuylRpUdoEl52.gif (3 MB, 296x219) Image search: [Google]
ibuylRpUdoEl52.gif
3 MB, 296x219
>"Eternal"
>>
Reminder that if you support Man City and their ownership you support terrorists and the degradation of western society
>>
>>64267588
>Muh Terrorist boogeyman
Fuck off. This is about Football.
>>
>>64267506

Fuck, that's heavy reading.

It's a very different scenario (SF =/= Manchester in so many ways) but for the oldfags, it cuts just as deep.

My feels go out to you.
>>
>>64267634
Stop financing terrorism with your bandwagoning. Support true American heroes like Tim Howard and Everton
>>
File: toiletseat.jpg (29 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
toiletseat.jpg
29 KB, 560x420
>>64267578
>>
west ham here.

terrified of this happening to us desu. don't want to be another arab plaything.
>>
>>64267410
That's one of the reasons why I support City, United was everywhere when I was growing up. I couldn't stand Ronaldo or United or any of the other big clubs but when I heard that City had climbed up from below, 6-1'ed United, won the league with Agueroooo and had players like Yaya Toure (prefer him of buckets) in their team then I was sold.

I don't like the Chelsea bus or United or even Kane/Vardy. I want to see Aguero get 30goals in a season, I want to see City shut United up after the offside goals of last season and climb high in the CL.

What's wrong with that?
>>
>>64267653
Have about 16 days before he is replaced by a competent keeper.
>>
File: 1446861369111.jpg (11 KB, 307x307) Image search: [Google]
1446861369111.jpg
11 KB, 307x307
>>64267737
>no bait
>>
>>64267715

I hope it doesn't m8. As per OP, if I were blind and didn't know better, I would have sworn the hammers were the home team. Even though it was a shit turnout on your part.

>>64267786

I wouldn't know.

That's how bad it is. If >>64267737 is bait then it is agonisingly convincing.
>>
>>64267650
SF =/= Oakland either. Warriors fans who are also 49ers/Giants fans instead of Raiders/As fans are the scum of the earth. Fuck San Francisco.
>>
>>64268004

Ah, I apologise for my lack of understanding vis a vis Californian geography.

That makes it even worse.

Yeah, fuck those faggots.

Here's a piece about Man City bananas as mentioned in OP as a way of apology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmaXOcwdRo
>>
OP lies still in a little canoe floating down the endless stream of his tears

Suddenly he is startled

Samir Nasri has taken a crap on his head
>>
someone get that fat lipped Moroccan in here
>>
File: annoyed_pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
annoyed_pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
This fucking thread.

If the players on the teams don't give a shit about club loyalty and history and would easily move to their club's rivals for an extra 5% pay cheque, why the fuck should the fans give a shit?

If you support a club who do you actually support? Can't be the players, they change too often, just like the manager. The colour of their outfit and the board of directors is all you're left for. They care even less about the club than the players and are only in it for the money.

I enjoy watching sport for the competitiveness and strategy, not shitty politics. Every so often there will be a club that I like a bit more, and a club that I dislike more than usual but that's due to the squad they have at the time, if they're all cheats or dirty players or not.

Technically I support arsenal as I have liked Wenger for around 15 years now. If he goes and they bring in someone like mourinho and he completely changes the club then I'd be back to not supporting anyone.

Tldr: get over yourselves.
>>
>>64271677
>If the players on the teams don't give a shit about club loyalty and history and would easily move to their club's rivals for an extra 5% pay cheque, why the fuck should the fans give a shit?
>If you support a club who do you actually support? Can't be the players, they change too often, just like the manager. The colour of their outfit and the board of directors is all you're left for. They care even less about the club than the players and are only in it for the money.

The team represents the city, the state, or the region.

>Every so often there will be a club that I like a bit more, and a club that I dislike more than usual but that's due to the squad they have at the time

I feel like you're missing the point of being a sports fan. It's about petty tribalism and regional hatred, not about strategy.

>Technically I support arsenal

>>
File: sEN1cz1.png (370 KB, 514x394) Image search: [Google]
sEN1cz1.png
370 KB, 514x394
These are Liverpool fans just before the match against City
>>
>>64271677
faggot.

I have always supported Liverpool even though I don't live in England. I've had the opportunity to go Anfield several times throughout the years. I love Liverpool's mentality, the managers (humble people like Houllier, Rafa, Rodgers or Klopp), the fans are amazing, I love anfield, and the players... well In the 80s we had guys like Dalglish, Souness, Rush, Molby, Hansen... they left, but somehow they taught young lads how to be part of Liverpool. so in the 90s we had Fowler, Redknapp, McManaman, Barnes, McAteer. These people were either from the Academy or were very passionate for the club. Same happened again, and in the 00s we had Gerrard, Owen pre-04, Carragher, Hyypia, Finnan, Alonso, Kuyt... Same is happening now with Sakho, Henderson, Coutinho, Ibe, Moreno...
>>
>>64267217
>I'm a life long Warroirs fan. OP hit me right square in the sub cockles of my deepest feels Like in my feel bowels
that feel

i cant even enjoy the success of the team now, i wish we were bad still

>>64267309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMfn6-mb8_4

http://thedissnba.com/2012/05/22/how-far-we-all-come-how-far-we-all-come-away-from-ourselves-you-can-never-go-home-again/
http://thedissnba.com/2014/05/07/what-mark-jackson-and-everybody-else-doesnt-understand-about-warriors-fans/
http://grantland.com/features/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps/
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2012/9/5/3295034/disappointment-day-golden-

this one is particularly relevant to you, and for all sports:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/61943/when-rick-barry-put-fans-in-their-place

>>64267506
im glad other people feel the same about all this

>>64267650
>(SF =/= Manchester in so many ways)
oakland is kind of like manchester
>>
>>64272203
>http://thedissnba.com/2012/05/22/how-far-we-all-come-how-far-we-all-come-away-from-ourselves-you-can-never-go-home-again/
oh, this one isn't relevant pls ignore
>>
This is from reddit isn't it
>>
>>64261659
>I'd rather see my team play like shit ut have muh heart and muh atmosphere rather than see them win titles but have foreign bandwagoners
Kill yourself, my man. You aren't a real fan, you're some kind of a reverse bandwagoner yourself. Go support Bury or some other lower league team from your area if you're such an underdog-chasing autist and a fan of crappy but "comfy" stadiums
>>
Same shit happened to me with the Whitecaps, though I'm not as much of a shitter as the OP. I used to go every 2nd weekend to see them play in their semi-pro league and had a great time, but as soon as they hit the MLS and moved to a proper stadium down-town, that sort of thing was ruined. I went to one game and it was filled with plastics, most of the players were gone, and the atmosphere was just superficial and depressing.

Quit watching them regularly, p depressing
>>
>>64272035
>the fans are amazing

I like Liverpool, but most of the fans are jackasses, the type of idiots who would send death threats to Raheem Sterling for wanting to play for another team. The same goes for any club with more than a couple million fans.
>>
>>64272035
>Same is happening now with Sakho, Henderson, Coutinho, Ibe, Moreno.

Coutinho would fuck off to Barca if they asked him to, don't kid yourself.
>>
>TFW longtime Clipper fan in Los Angeles

I know your struggle OP
>>
>Man City thread
>No Dutch flags
what
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.