[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cfb/ - Is Your Body Ready for >Iowa? Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: 1444499992775.jpg (41 KB, 428x329) Image search: [Google]
1444499992775.jpg
41 KB, 428x329
Previously on /cfb/:

Ohio State gets royally bootyblasted.
Iowa "struggles" with Purdue
Florida >grinds out a >gritty win
>LSU

Up next:

Non-stop shitposting about the Top 4 for the next 36 hours.
>>
>SEC "muh best conference by far"
>Everyone is literal shit except for Alabama
>This is becoming a yearly thing
>SEC still le best conference

Can we end this meme?
>>
>>63753764
This senpai. They're still a good conference but this year has been horrible to them. Having LSU at 3 was an absolute fucking joke. I honestly think UF could've been a deserving top 10 team before the Grier suspension - they were damn good but their offense has just been embarrassing since then. If it weren't for the committee trying to pump up Alabama's SoS there would probably only be 2 SEC teams in the top 25.
>>
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. MSU
4. BootyBlasters

5. Oklahoma (will pass the BootyBlasters if they beat Ok St)
6. Iowa (will get in if they win out)
7. Ohio State (who's ready for them to back in under the doomsday scenario?)
>>
File: CUdvEJsWUAAhGnt.jpg (31 KB, 480x381) Image search: [Google]
CUdvEJsWUAAhGnt.jpg
31 KB, 480x381
Better or worse?
>>
Wisco fag here, still bootyblasted over the refs fucking us over once again
>>
>>63753970
>7. Ohio State (who's ready for them to back in under the doomsday scenario?)
I, for one, am ready for 2007-tier doomsday scenario.

How mad will you guys be when OSU backs into the playoffs ass first only to win the NC?
>>
>>63754692
Blame yourself. Wisconsin NEVER steps up to big situations. If Clemsoning is choking against a weak opponent, Wisconsining is losing every big game you ever have in the most improbable fashion imaginable
>>
THE ONLY REALISTIC SCENARIO
>Clemson wins ACC
>ND beats Stanford
>Bama wins SEC
>Baylor beats TCU, OU beats Okie St
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iowa
>MSU wins Big10

1)Clemson
2)Bama
3)Sparty
4)ND
-----BTFO LINE-----
5)OU
6)OSU
7)Baylor
8)Iowa
Cap it because this is the only way
>>
>>63754763
OU/ND is going to be a very interesting discussion. Realistically both teams only have themselves to blame and neither is a "wrong decision". I think OU has an edge but there are realistic arguments to be made against them.
>>
>>63754763
Honestly can see this happening. Preparing for Sparty to BTFO 'Bama :^)
>>
>>63754780
ND's only loss being to #1 Clemson pushes them over OU. Plus, >muh rematch will be pushed by the committee
>>
File: bruh.jpg (221 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
221 KB, 1080x1920
>>63754763
>>63754780
>>63754796
ND is going to lose in Palo Alto
SCREEN CAP THIS
>>
>>63754796
Like TCU's loss to Baylor put them over OSU's loss to V Tech?

You are absolutely delusional if you think beating Navy (who will, btw, be the highest ranked opponent ND beats) is going to outweigh beating TCU, Baylor, and Okie State.

The only rational thing to do is expect the committee to do exactly what they did last year again, and to expect any different is crazy
>>
>>63754840
>expect the committee to do exactly what they did last year
So expect them to BTFO the Big12 into outerspace? ND>OU it is then
>>
>>63754840
>>63754859
Roasted desu
>>
>>63754859
The Big 12 BTFO itself due to a G5 and FCS laden schedule for TCU and Baylor.

Oklahoma did no such thing. Notre Dame will not make the tournament. Despite OSU's loss, this week's top 4 will no longer include Notre Dame. They will be behind both Oklahoma and Iowa
>>
>>63754884
>>>>>>>>>>behind Iowa
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iowa
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iowa
>>
>>63754552
The score will be closer. Dabo has been taking out the starters out pretty early this season when they are crushing cupcakes. I would be very surprised if he leaves Watson in to run up the score. Bryant is a pretty good backup. He might put up some points if Carolina phones it in at halftime.
>>
>>63754890
ND will be #6, probably #7 going into the game against Stanford.
>>
>>63754763
literally this imo
>>
If OU beats Ok State that would give it wins over Baylor, TCU, and Ok State. The main reason the Big 12 got overlooked is because brand-wise nobody gives a fuck about TCU or Baylor. But OU is a major football school. I think if they bear Ok St by more than two touchdowns and Notre Dame barely beats Stanford they'll be fine.
>>
Don't forget to check out the **GAME OF THE WEEK** featuring #3 Iowa @ #5 Nebraska on ABC for the "Star Wars™ Showdown" don't forget to dress up if you're heading to the game and of course go see Star Wars™ opening December 18th 2015 at midnight.

Bama.
2. Oklahoma
3. Iowa
4. Clempson (Very insecure about their school and their ranking btw)
5. Nebraska
6. BootyBlasters
7. Northwest Missouri St.
8. Jacksonville State Gamecocks
9. Harvard
10. Navy Semen.
>>
>>63754733
Wisco for undergrad, bama for law school fag here, can confirm this is mostly the truth. What wisconsin lacks is endurance. They can play a great game for 3 quarters, but suffer in the 4th.

EXCEPT WHEN ITS AGAINST AUBURN IN A BOWL GAME. SUCK IT BARNERS HAHAHAHA.
>>
>>63754840
two of those teams will be ranked behind Navy at the end of the year, and Baylor last year =/= clemson this year. I'm not sure why you keep trying to push this flawed analogy
>>
>>63754970
It might as well. Quality of loss is not greater than quality of win, and all ND has over Oklahoma is quality of loss. The fact that the loss was to #1 instead of #5 is not significant enough to make it suddenly outweigh quality of wins.
>>
>>63754994

They have a win over the team that beat OU>>63754994
>>
>>63755007
Doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>63754994
>it might as well

I disagree. I think OU has a better overall resume, but I think you're wrong about this. Also, "all ND has over Oklahoma is quality of loss" is also incorrect. They have a win over a common opponent, which the committee has stated is part of the consideration, albeit a secondary or tertiary one. And ND might have finished the season with a win over a p5 conference champ. ND and OU's resumes are going to be very close, and you seem to think that's not the case.
>>
>>63754552
>carolina

That's cute
>>
>>63755011
>doesn't matter at all

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/selection-committee-protocol

"When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:..Comparative outcomes of common opponents"

I know you're a slightly-above-average-intelligence poster on an edgy memeboard, but I tend to consider the explicit official statements of the committee in charge of selection to be a more trustworthy source than your own biased ramblings.
>>
>>63755011

Then they're seeding their tournament like shit.
>>
clemson
iowa
alabama
oklahoma
>>
>>63755019
Their resumes will not be close. Stanford will fall and it's no guarantee they even win their conference. There's a really low chance that Stanford finishes in the top 10. Baylor, meanwhile, will still be a top 10 team when the season closes. Okie State will be right there. Stanford with 3 losses will be right near TCU in the standings. ND's best win will be equivalent to Oklahoma's third best win. The rest of their schedule's "strength" is AAC teams.

They aren't nearly close enough of resumes for common opponent to make any difference
>>
>>63755011
You are truly delusional senpai
>>
>>63755041
>When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable
This is the key part. They aren't comparable. Oklahoma will be above ND significantly and it won't be particularly close.
>>
>>63755067
>stanford will fall, OkSt won't

If Baylor loses to TCU, then OkSt, Baylor, TCU, Navy and Stanford will all be between 10-20. If Baylor beats TCU, TCU probably won't be ranked.

you're talking out your ass, its very plausible that OU and ND have very similar SoS and quality of win, though I give OU a slight edge there.
>>
>Clempson is #1 because le ESPN comittee said so
>>
>>63755071
You guys said the same thing last year. It was consensus on this board that TCU would be in until the final rankings were released, and you all called me delusional for saying otherwise. The only dissent from that opinion were people pushing Baylor.

If you think ND will be in over Oklahoma, you are wrong.
>>
>>63755085
Why would ESPN have any interest in inflating Clemson?
Especially over Alabama
>>
>>63755075
you've yet to make a compelling argument that this is the case. Regardless, when you said "doesn't matter at all" what you really meant to say was "probably doesn't matter enough in this case"

It's almost like you are straining to make a flawed point look stronger with hyperbole.
>>
>>63755088

They can still both go. I don't know why consensus is teams will win out

To prop up ND maybe?
>>
>>63755088
I understand your point, and last year does offer some evidence for this year, but ND hasn't played Samford this year, and TCU didn't have a 2 point loss on the road the undefeated #1 team. The situations are undeniably similar, but ND this year and TCU last year aren't apples to apples. Moreover, tOSU last year had a 13th game that OU does not have this year, so those aren't exactly similar either. You are delusionally confident in your analogy, and I even agree with your predicted outcome.
>>
>Syracuse fires Scott Schafer
Damn
That's another opening
What's with all of these mid-season firings?
>>
>>63755098
I dont understand why this isnt emphatically established and unquestioned at this point. Baylor + TCU + Okie St >>>>>>>>>>>> Stanford + Navy + Temple
>>
Everybody Fucked Scenario

>UNC beats Clemson
>Auburn beats Alabama
>Ole Miss beats Florida
>Stanford beats Notre Dame
>Michigan beats Ohio State
>Penn State beats Michigan State
>Michigan beats Iowa
>Baylor beats TCU
>Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma
>Florida State beats Florida

What do?
>>
>>63755151
Baylor
Ok State
Michigan
UNC
>>
>>63755128
The difference is that I think TCU's resume last year was better than ND's this year, and that OSU's last year was worse than Oklahoma's this year.

The 13th game mattered so much because it was OSU's second big opponent. Oklahoma doesn't need that 13th game because they already have three big opponents within their 12, something OSU did not have.

I don't at all buy that the quality of loss measurement outweighs the difference in quality of wins. The ND argument is heavily weighted on factors that would determine between teams with nearly identical resumes, and I really do not believe Navy, Temple and Stanford is even approaching TCU, Baylor, and Okie Lite. I suppose I could be wrong, but I really think this one is pretty clear-cut.
>>
File: plsno.jpg (85 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
plsno.jpg
85 KB, 300x300
>>63753764
>>Everyone is literal shit except for Alabama

>implying Bama isn't shit too.
>lost to Ole Piss
>AT HOME
>>
File: 1447905574990.jpg (372 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1447905574990.jpg
372 KB, 1440x900
>>63755151
>>Penn State beats Michigan State
>>Michigan beats Iowa
>>Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma

Other than what I've copied above, everything else you posted will, in fact, happen.
>>
>>63755149
this is objectively clear because the Big 12 was so dominant OOC, right?
>>
>>63755149
at the end of the season
1. Baylor
gap
2. Navy
3. OkSt
gap
4. Stanford
gap
5. Temple
6. TCU
>>
>>63755237
>Navy in the playoffs
This pleases me very much. Would love to watch them triple option their way to a title against all these spread faggots. I'll even take Stanford and their ridiculous 8 OL I-Formation shit.
>>
>>63755088
You are truly delusional senpai
>>
>>63755219
Who did the AAC beat? A team about to have 4 losses and one about to have 5? Oklahoma beating Tennessee is arguably better than any AAC win. By the way, Navy had none of those OOC wins. And they never played Temple. And they have to play Houston still.

>>63755237
No way Temple is above TCU after Penn State loses to Michigan State and no way Navy is above Okie St
>>
>>63755308
>Oklahoma beating Tennessee is arguably better than any AAC win
only correct thing you've said all thread
>>
>>63755308
I'm not claiming best of AAC+Pac12>>>>>>Big12 2-4, so the fact that you can turn the argument around doesn't actually help you at all, senpai
>>
>>63755326
I think the Big 12 being better than the AAC is a matter of fact that shouldn't really ever be disputed seriously.

Who the fuck has Navy beat outside of a 3 loss Memphis? TCU has a win against a Big 10 team (a shitty one, but better than literally 0 big wins), Baylor beat Okie State and only lost to Oklahoma, Okie State beat TCU and only lost to Baylor. This is far better than a couple teams who played nobody and one of whom got BTFO by USF. I'm not sure why I'm even having this conversation with someone.

As for Stanford, their best win unironically lost to an FCS team.
>>
>>63755372
remember, the argument isn't over "better", its around "unquestionably much better across the board"

Way tougher sell.
>>
Wait if tOSU beats Michigan, are they still in for the B1g Championship or will MSU have to lose to Penn St.?
>>
>>63755453
MSU controls their own destiny at this point.
>>
>>63755453
MSU will have to lose to Penn State. THE Ohio State University is fucked
>>
>>63755372
>who the fuck has navy beat
Same could be said about Florida, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Stanford, etc. College football is simply about scheduling weak as opponents while being in a major conference. Ohio State plays nobody every year until Michigan State & Michigan.
>>
Fellow buckeyes, who will be our offensive coordinator next year? I don't think I can stand anymore of this shit. You know it's bad when the fucking players are calling you out.
>>
>>63755444
I think that's fairly well established. Give me an argument that even puts D's opponents close to Oklahoma's.

Even Texas Tech has a better win than any team ND has faced. That means Oklahoma faces five opponents who have proven themselves better than anybody ND faced. The only positive any of NDs opponents themselves have is quality loss, which is incidentally what ND's resume is also built off of.

I firmly believe that a resume based on who you beat and who they beat is better than a resume based on who everyone lost to and beating mediocre teams
>>
File: shekels.gif (3 MB, 359x346) Image search: [Google]
shekels.gif
3 MB, 359x346
>tfw tOSU still makes it to final four and wins another champions hip
>>
>>63755481
I agree. Which is why Oklahoma should be above them, because you can give a good answer to the question of who the fuck they have beaten.

Also that's inaccurate, OSU's weak schedule has not been typical of them, and it has been hurt by the B1G expansion and what was supposed to be their marquee OOC opponents of Miami and V Tech severely regressing by the time OSU played them
>>
CFB isn't about wins.

It's about passing yards records.
>>
taking more suggestions for College Gameday signs (OU @ OK St)

no memes
>>
>>63755547
there's a very strong chance that ND will have beaten 3 ranked teams, at least 1 and possibly two of which will have been in the top 15. Outside of simply looking at records, the quality of these teams is dubious. ND has also beaten teams like USC and Pitt that are in the 25-35 range.

OU will quite likely have a win over a top 10 team, a top 15 team, and a team on the fringes of ranking. Outside of simple records, the quality of these teams is dubious. OU has also beaten teams like UT and WVU in the 25-35 range.The perceived quality of OU's wins is almost entirely a function of the perceived quality of the Big 12. I don't think the Big 12 is bad, but they lack a body of OOC work to demonstrate clear superiority over other top conferences.

These are closer than you are acknowledging. Again, it's not a matter of making the argument that ND has better wins (nor has it every been at any point in this thread), its about exposing enough uncertainty to justify consideration of things like common opponent and quality of loss (ND has 1 loss and it's undeniably the best possible loss a team could have).
>>
>>63755576
Kentucky has a better SoS every year than Ohio State. Think about that for a second. A shit school who can only beat even shittier teams plays a tougher schedule damn near every year than a powerhouse school who wins National Championships. There's something seriously wrong there.
>>
>>63755612

"Gayker Gayfield is a Kliff babby"
>>
>>63755612
"The closest OSU has ever been to national championship is 75 miles to the south."
>>
>>63755631
yeah you're right. pre-season rankings with 80% of the SEC in the top 25 is very problematic. something is seriously wrong there
>>
>>63755671

this so much

SOS is utter bunk because it is predicated on pre-season biases which show up EVERY DAMN YEAR

No, fucking Pississippi State isn't an upper echelon team worth calling a "statement win" any more than Nebraska is
>>
>>63755690
gotta go opponents record and record of opponents of opponents, omitting any FCS wins. Then look at top 10 wins.
>>
>>63755533

I don't know, it's not like we can't afford the best.

Honestly, I never realized coaches could be so dogmatic. I'm in the stands thinking "surely they're realizing the plays we're calling every damn drive aren't panning out and they're going to adjust" and it doesn't happen.

How can a man who has done nothing but call plays and coach for his entire life not be able to see what 105,000 other people can? QB Draws straight up into the heart of the defense over and over again don't work.

I felt like I was taking crazy pills. Where were the outside the tackles Zeke runs that got him 200 yards against some of the best defenses in the nation last year? Fuck, I guess OC's can just be prideful shits who refuse to learn from past success.
>>
I got Miss St over ole miss
>>
>>63755631
A shit Big Ten team typically has a tougher schedule than a good Big Ten team. A shit SEC team typically has a tougher schedule than a good SEC team. Why? Because they play all the top teams in their conference instead of being one of them and playing some of them. For example, Indiana played Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State this year. OSU didn't have a chance to play Iowa due to scheduling cycles, and can only play Michigan and MSU because they can't play themselves. As a result, the shit team (Indiana) had a much tougher schedule than OSU does. Their own losses contribute to their own SoS.

It's typically quite rare for the top conference team to have the toughest SoS, and usually requires and extremely deep conference and a really brutal OOC.

Right now Arkansas and Maryland are near the top of the NCAA for SoS
>>
>>63754994
I told you OSU was going down. :D
>>
>>63755533
pay Herman head coach money and sign him to a 20 year deal
>>
File: freeyourmind.png (51 KB, 371x233) Image search: [Google]
freeyourmind.png
51 KB, 371x233
>mfw OK State will never not be the little brother
>>
>>63755533
>>63755624
How about the assistants for Herman in Houston or Dan Mullen in Miss St? That's who I want calling our plays.

I like Billy Gonzales, John Hevesy and Brian Johnson down at Miss St particularly. Dan Mullen is a great coach and their offense took off last year after Hevesy and Gonzales took over playcalling, and Dak Prescott became a stud once Johnson became QB coach.
>>
>>63755743
I still don't get how an offensive coordinator can so willingly suck.
>>
>syracuse will never have a good football team ever again

at least I got to see chandler jones while I was at su
>>
If jt is so good why doesn't he call the plays?
>>
>>63754932
>5. Nebraska

What fucking world are you living in?

Husker fan here btw
>>
>>63755824
He's black
>>
>>63755824

he's still a college kid

no joke, if they compiled a randomized team of fifty or sixty male OSU students, gave them iPads, let them sit in the stands and all vote on a selection of plays every down, then pick the winning play, we would have won
>>
>>63755671
Post-Season actually. Look it up if you don't believe me.
>>
1. clemson
2. alabama
3. mich st
4. oklahoma

if you disagree you are LITERALLY retarded/hick/homer/all 3
>>
>>63755151
Ole Miss would have to win the egg bowl first which isn't happening in Starkville.
>>
>>63755829

Nigga its the game of the week brought to you by Star Wars™.

Gotta get people watching it this weekend so they go see Star Wars™ with their families next time they meetup for Christmas.
>>
>>63755723
Good call m8. Since the Egg Bowl moved back to Campus in the 90's (used to be played in Jackson, MS the capital), the home team has only lost twice. Currently 7-1 in the last 8 Eggs and Mississippi State has owned Ole Miss for the most part with Mullen at the helm.
>>
>>63755800
Mississippi State fan.

You don't not want our play calling. Pass, Dak run, Pass every single series forever. We had modest success (but enough to warrant trying it some more) running outside the tackles against Bama. Instead every run play was a Dak run between the tackles, and long developing routes that let Bama sack us.
>>
>>63755719
that was the most frustrating game I've ever seen. I'd rather get bootyblasted up and down the field than just throw the game away. I've never seen anything like it, I don't know why Beck still has a job right now, but we need someone else. Nebraska fans warned us, bros

>>63755753
this is my dream
>>
>>63755902
Idk I thought the playcalling was exceptional last year and I love what they were able to do with Dak. Maybe Brian Johnson is the guy from there to target then.

Major Applewhite in Houston also looks like an attractive candidate with a pretty good resume to this point but I think he may be linked with Herman at the hip
>>
>>63755902
I don't know much about Miss St., but I know Mullen's been there for 7 years or so. What was the QB development like before Dak came? Because I'm pretty sure that fucking anybody in the country is better at QB development than Tim Beck. What kind of stuff were they running before they had Dak? Has it always been spread offense QB shit?

also what is this new captcha
>>
>>63755851
I am not prepared for the pissing match between Notre Dame and the Big 12 champion.
>>
Is Dak elite?

This season
>66.2 Completion %
>23TD 3INT
>over 3000 yards
>leading rusher and TD rusher on top of that (automatic when it is 3 yards or less {unless it's Bama})

so far he has addressed all of his major flaws from last year
>more accurate, higher completion percentage
>Hasn't thrown many INTs
>keeping himself healthy by staying upright and not tucking and running all game.
>Staying in the pocket and throwing deep balls when necessary
>carrying the load of the offense completely this year. no longer a running baby

He deserves to be included in the Heisman ceremony.
>>
>Bama's overrated
>Iowa should be 2nd

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus
>>
>>63755942
Always spread offense. Before Dak there was Tyler Russell who was like a poor man's Dak. But he opened up the passing game. Before Russell was Chris Reiff and there was nothing but option stuff at that point because we had Vick Ballard and Boobie Dixon
>>
>>63755942
Mullen is the guy who developed Alex Smith, Josh Harris at Bowling Green, Chris Leak and Tim Tebow. He was Urban's original Tom Herman. Their offense was okay, but really picked up on 2014 when they promoted Gonzales and Hevesy and hired Johnson.
>>
>>63755962
How dare you use pragmatic means to rank teams. This should all be hypothetical.
>>
>>63755957

Yes
>>
>>63755957
Dak is indeed elite which is why I want his coaches.
>>
>>63755957
Every week an article will come out about an NFL scout talking about Dak's skyrocketing draft stock. I think he is a lock for 2nd round by now and maybe even first if he performs well in the last 2 games.
>>
>>63756017

I never see shit about him.

I don't watch ESPN but I guess they don't like him so no one predicts him as a first rounder. But I would take him first round. The only better player is maybe Lynch? ESPN is too busy sucking off goeff hack and cook even though they aren't very impressive.

I think pro teams would agree as well. Well the half with competent gms. Some teams will race to their future Ryan leafs and Joey Harringtons
>>
>>63755957
Dak's biggest win was.... what? LSU last year? He's going to get embarrassed and outplayed by a far better quarterback this weekend.
>>
>>63756051
Gotta agree. To me Dak looks like a better Cam Newton. Cam is doing quite well these days.
>>
>>63756051
He isn't even the best college QB in his state. Don't listen to delusional Moo U fans. Can you even name another QB from MS State in their history? They don't know what great looks like.
>>
>>63756099

Cam succeeds because he is a 6'6 tank. Does Dak have that advantage?
>>
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2015/11/21/egg-analogy-sounds-rotten-to-jim-harbaugh/76186258/

>"The egg analogy doesn't resonate with me," Harbaugh said. "I don't really like comparing humans to chickens or any other type of animal."
>>
>>63756113

this guy is hilarious

Meyer vs. Harbaugh is going to be a fun time for the next few years
>>
>>63753764
You forgot:

>Blow out high school teams the entire season and never play a school of any consequence
>Rank Alabama in the top 3!
>Le SEC is best conference
>>
>>63756098
>>63756106
Ole Piss fans pls go, Chad Kelly is shit. Dak Prescott is a one-man team
>>
>>63756268
>>63753764

But the SEC has more teams in the top 25 f/+ rankings than any other conference. Hell, it has almost twice as many as most conferences, with 7. The only other team that sort of approaches SEC dominance is the B1G with 4 teams in the top 25.
>>
File: memearrowssecisoverrated.png (44 KB, 609x564) Image search: [Google]
memearrowssecisoverrated.png
44 KB, 609x564
>>63756335
>>
>>63756335
>>63756355
f/+ is bullshit mostly that you shouldn't take seriously
>>
>>63756369
>objective stats that disprove my baseless speculation shouldn't be taken seriously.

Sure thing bud. Next you'll be telling me namefagging and pretending to like the taste of cum on 4chan makes you cool.
>>
>>63756402

>pretending
>>
>>63756355
Did you have a seizure while highlighting Mississippi St through Tennessee?
>>
>>63756455
Nope, Just getting used to a trackpoint.
>>
>Les miles is getting fired at end of the year
>the city of lsu
>>
>>63756402
f/+ is a predictive stat that has been proven to be only marginally more predictive than a coin flip
>>
File: lsu.jpg (58 KB, 600x588) Image search: [Google]
lsu.jpg
58 KB, 600x588
>>63756503
>LSU
>>
>>63756508
[citation needed]
>>
Elite tire pro ready QBs

Lynch
Prescott
Gayfield (questionable about kilff QBs in the NFL, but he LOOKS ready)

ESPN meme tire

Goeff
Cook
Sackenberg

Not as good but show potential tire

Cardale
Boykin
Beathard
Kessler
Russell

The packet passers are now the meme QBs. Thanks ESPN
>>
Friendly reminder Iowa has beaten less bowl eligible teams than any top-10 ranked team.
>>
>>63756523

Les Miles to South Carolina when?
>>
>>63756530
Brissett from NC State will be moving up the board.
>>
>>63756523

This is another Nebraska. Replace 9 win coach with a 6 win coach because no one better actually exists.
>>
>>63756550

Shit I thought I had him. He's in the last tire.
>>
>>63756539
friendly reminder than Iowa hasn't lost to a shitty bottom dweller in their conference like Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan State
>>
File: cfb projections.png (116 KB, 791x627) Image search: [Google]
cfb projections.png
116 KB, 791x627
1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Iowa
4 Oklahoma
5 Michigan State
6 Notre Dame
7 Ohio State
8 Baylor
9 Stanford
10 Michigan
11 Oklahoma State
12 Florida
13 Florida State
14 Navy
15 North Carolina
16 Northwestern
17 Ole Miss
18 Oregon
19 TCU
20 Utah
21 LSU
22 Mississippi State
23 Washington State
24 UCLA
25 Houston
>>
>>63756564
Nate Sudfeld is also elite
>>
>>63756111
Dak is a 6'3 240 tank
>>
>>63756610

I don't have an opinion since I haven't watched him play this year. And really can't remember previously.

But he can be thrown in the /cfb/ official qbs to draft list.
>>
daily reminder that MSU is going to the natty playoffs because an australian punter forgot the rules
>>
>>63756292
Going to be so salty having a worse record than State for 2 years in a row when they were "elite SEC contenders" losing to Arkansas twice and Memphis.

But hey, they memed Bama twice on bullshit plays so that has to count for something right, north Mississippi?
>>
>>63755588
If putting up records (school/conference/NCAA) mattered, UNC would be one of the highest ranked teams in the league. Ryan Switzer leader in ACC Punt returns for TDs (almost tied for NCAA, will probably snag one or two next year for the overall record), Quinshad Davis leader in UNC pass receptions, Marquise Williams leader in rushing yards and rushing TDs for a QB in UNC history, etc...
>>
File: UNCvsNCState.jpg (18 KB, 236x272) Image search: [Google]
UNCvsNCState.jpg
18 KB, 236x272
>>63755798
>nc state is the same way
>refuse to accept it

Kind of sad tbqhwyf
>>
>>63756503
>>
>>63755800
Dan Mullen isn't expected to leave any time soon. For some odd reason he loves Mississippi State. Unless he just gets paid an outrageous amount to leave or he gets fired (which with Clanga's low standards will probably never happen) he'll most likely stay at MissState forever.
>>
Way too early 2016 Heisman projections.

Mayfield
Falk
Mahomes
Testaverde
McCaffrey
Cook
Fournette
Bethard

Not in order. But these will be the contenders. And maybe another So. Wr/rb

ESPN should be paying me for this shit.
>>
>>63756582
Friendly reminder that iowa is the shitty bottom dweller in their conference.
>>
LES MILES CONFERENCE IN 10 MINUTES.

>LSU
>>
>>63756754
>"fournette yards against good teams" in
>henry out.

was shitposting part of your plan?
>>
>>63756818

He's a Junior
>>
>>63756818

You motherfucking shit posting fuck.

Do you think Henry is there to play school?
>>
does LSU have someone they're definitely going to get? otherwise this looks like an insane decision
>>
>>63754932
>4. Clempson (Very insecure about their school and their ranking btw)

going to watch them rush the field when they lose this week
>>
>>63756839
>>63756838
If a moron like Manziel can get the heisman, none of what you just said keeps henry out.
>>
>implying it won't be
>#1 Alabama
>#2 Oklahoma
>#3 Notre Dame
>#4 Ohio State

Maximum shekels for all involved. We know this to be true. Non-blue bloods can get fucked.
>>
>>63756882

It's a projection for next year faggot.
>>
OFFICIAL LSU GAMETHREAD
>>63756826
>>
>>63756591
UNC is better than Florida State, Navy, Michigan, Florida, and you could argue Stanford tbhf
>>
>>63753744
>Sparty
This meme again...
>>
>>63756885
Replace Oklahoma for USC and you have the perfect scenario for ESPN. Oklahoma is still a good option but they're missing out on any west coast offerings with that slate.
>>
>>63756946
worse than Iowa or OSU?
>>
>>63756934

>UNC

1 loss

>Stanford

2 losses

Shouldn't even be a debate desu. If UNC beats Clemson they deserve the 4 seed without a doubt
>>
Who the fuck is available and can beat saban?

Spurrier can't.
>>
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25378637/police-investigating-report-of-rape-at-nebraska-qbs-home?ftag=YHR6f8d662

As though the on-the-field problems weren't already bad enough
>>
>>63756681
kek
>>
>>63757009

Hugh Freeze :^)
>>
>>63756885

OSU is not getting in unless MSU loses next week. There's going to be a big 10 champion with no more than 1 loss and it's not going to be OSU.
>>
>>63757033
Doomsday OSU scenario is best scenario
>>
Faggot ass ESPN, its just a legit press conference.
>>
>IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE BASED BUTCH T. COUGAR OF WAZZU

You will receive passing yards, buttblasted Husky fans, and a return to relevance, but only if you post:

GO COUGS

in this thread
>>
>>63757169

Thank you based Leach
>>
>getting tricked into showing a normal Press Conference

fuck you ESPN I thought we were getting HAPPENING
>>
File: CUZIXy-U8AAoZqT[1].jpg (60 KB, 599x402) Image search: [Google]
CUZIXy-U8AAoZqT[1].jpg
60 KB, 599x402
Lel this picture is so fitting, undefeated Ohio State gets absolutely BTFO then proceeds to have an embarassing meltdown. I just wish that this picture had Urban Meyer's smug face getting kicked instead of the mascot head.
>>
>no Ohio State posters in two days

BASED AS FUCK

why are state universities so based?
Michigan State
Washington State
Mississippi State

State uni broship when?
>>
>>63749147
>tfw you completely stopped posting in /cfb/ because your team is having its worst season in years
stupid fucks should have just stayed in the ACC
>>
>>63757235

we're right here moron
>>
>>63757237
What the fugg, I didn't mean to crosslink
>>
>>63757237
>tfw at the tail end of two most successful years in program history

Not expecting this to keep up but it's been fun
>>
>>63757235
>tfw mom's side of the family are cougs and dad's side are Spartans

>>63757169
GO COUGS
>>
>>63756991
It hurts though that Texas is a better loss than South Carolina, and Oklahoma has more inflated teams to beat than UNC. I think the committee is seriously overlooking the fact that if Illinois and Virginia Tech win their last games and UNC beats Clemson then UNC will have beaten more bowl-eligible teams than Iowa, Florida, and Stanford (assuming Stanford and Florida both don't win their last two games, which they shouldn't).
>>
>>63757250
>we

What position do you play for An Ohio State University Buckeyes, m8?
>>
>>63757284
One team could beat 12 MAC and Sun Belt bowl-eligble teams
Wouldn't mean they're good
>>
>>63755851
I agree, but I don't think the committee will.
>>
>>63756882
>If a moron like Manziel can get the heisman, none of what you just said keeps henry out.

He is probably going to the NFL, lol
>>
>>63757288

student benefactor you faggot
>>
>>63756991
>2 FCS wins

though i generally agree
>>
>>63757235
>Let the State Broship begin!

>BRose Bowl when

Current Memebers:
>Wazzu
>Michigan State
>Mississippi State

Accepting applications from other based State schools

>An Ohio State University
>Oregon State
>Arizona State
>Florida State
>Colorado State
>Pedo State
>Florida State
NEED NOT APPLY
>>
>>63757334
Then UNC in the situation I proposed UNC will have as many or more bowl eligible group of 5 wins than Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Stanford, and Florida. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State both have propped-up records without the Power 5 restriction because Oklahoma beat Tulsa/Akron and Oklahoma State beat Central Michigan.

But hey, who cares, right? UNC's strength of schedule and wins is totally shit if they win out because they're UNC.
>>
Mom's picking up tendies for lunch

>didn't even have to spend GBP
>>
>>63757169
>yfw da cougs win da applec up
>>
>>63757385
are we offering membership to LSU?
>>
File: 62641.jpg (23 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
62641.jpg
23 KB, 266x400
>>63757419
I'll be nonstop shitposting about their bowlless losing season m8
>>
>>63757385
>>Florida State
>>Colorado State
>>Pedo State
>>Florida State

>He's soo asspained he had to mention us twice
>>
>>63757425
It's up to Mississippi State as the charter SEC member

But as a Wazzu rep, our school was founded on an agricultural land grant and we have many cows, so Les Miles habit of eating grass plays well with me.
>>
>>63757433
>so irrelevant they exited my mind literally 4 seconds after I mentioned them
>>
>>63757169
I preach the leach
praise be to the air raid
>>
>>63757378
They also lost to a FCS team too
>>
>>63755308
The AAC's 3rd or 4th best team beat the SEC's 2nd or 3rd best team. That's the best OOC win in the conference. The Big 12's best team beat the SEC's 4th or 5th best team. That's the best OOC win in the conference.

I'm not sure why you tried to rank Tennessee above Ole Miss, that's a bit special.
>>
>>63756644
It still hurts so much breh...
>>
How are your grades looking going into finals, /cfb/?
>>
>>63757544
Bretty gud, have mostly A's and a B
>>
>>63757544

Ain't nobody here to play school.
>>
>>63757385
>Wazzu
>Sparty
>Klanga
>All little brothers

Shit club desu senpai. All you need is Oregon State and Oklahoma State.
>>
>>63757544
Unless I totally trash my finals, looking at a 4.0 semester. It's a good feeling.
>>
>>63757577
>not being an elite state school
>losing to an elite state school

You are so fucking mad right now desu senpai
>>
>>63757624
You shouldn't feel too good unless you attend a good school and are enrolled in a difficult major m7
>>
File: 7304.png (83 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
7304.png
83 KB, 480x360
>yfw UNC rapes Clemson for the ACC title
>>
>>63757642
>going to a state school

Ohio and Louisiana are the only states where you can defend yourself for going to one. Everywhere else the flagship Public University is superior.
>>
>>63757667
State school so that's valid point but Microbiology/Pre-med major. 3 science classes with labs + 1 filler humanities class. Still feelin good.
>>
Can anyone stop Iowa from winning it all this year?
>>
>>63757700
>aOSU

My sides 10/10
>>
>>63756670
That's the case for sure during basketball season, but I'd say Chapel Hill and State are twins when it comes to football.
>>
>>63757765
They still have little brother syndrome even when they've had winnig streaks. They can never rise above it. They'll always act as if they have something to prove against UNC, because honestly they do. They're he inferior school, with the smaller fanbase and less athletic success. They'd have to beat UNC for 20+ straight years and have national success before they'd ever lose little brother syndrome.
>>
>>63757667

>tfw CSE at tOSU
>tfw they're tightening admissions standards bigtime by the year and my degree's going to look all the better

the average ACT has literally gone up by 3 in 3 years lol, we're heading into Michigan territory
>>
>>63757813
The same thing is happening at Alabama. Student body has gone up nearly 50% in the last 15 years and the school now has more national merit scholars than any other public university.

Yeah I'm still going to Alabama but at least I'm not paying for it and one day my degree will look above average.
>>
>Mayfield passes his concussions tests
>cleared for practice
>>
>>63757882
feels good man
>>
>>63757856

Freshman acceptance rate was 45% this year and 65% of the Freshman class is out of state. Bama is going places.
>>
>>63757856
>>63757914
they give out money like candy. At my high schools graduation in Tennessee, all of these kids who were in the top 1% of the class were going to Alabama. These are kids who could get into any school they wanted. One kid even had acceptance letters from all the ivy leagues and he went to bama

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/high-school-senior-8-ivies-decides-u-ala-article-1.2226678
>>
>>63757914
The biggest issue will be keeping people in state. I plan on leaving when I graduate and going back to my home state that's for sure. To sustain their success when the football revenue tapers off for a little (which it will have a slump year at some point) they need aa way to keep those talented out of state kids in Alabama so they can contribute and make the in-state crop better in the future.
>>
>>63757968
>Tfw I know Ronnie
He's the man.

>>63757975
Very true. I'm not in-state and have seen little to want to stay in Alabama. The school doesn't do anything to encourage students to stay besides push their graduate schools.
>>
>>63756556
Reminder Tennessee has yet to recover from firing Philip Fulmer
>>
>>63757577
>Mississippi State
>little brother
Our relationship to Northern Mississippi extends to hatred and nothing more. Unlike the other MSU, we don't measure yourself against the state rival
>>
>>63756530
Watson from Clemson is ready if he can stop getting broken.
>>
>>63758126
you could say they are recovering though. took long enough
>>
>>63757813
Aye my bro is in CSE at tOSU. What year?
>>
So is there anyone left who unironically thinks the championship won't be between Notre Dame and Michigan?
>>
>>63756754
Deshaun Watson should be at the top of that list.
>>
>>63758182
How does it feel to not only be the little brother in your state, but to also not even be the real MSU?

Is Mississippi State the most kukd fanbase?
>>
>>63758199
Urban goes crazy hyper underdog beast mode on Xichigan and beats them by 3 scores.
>>
>>63757451
Mississippi State Rep here.

I veto. LSU is a monolith program and have super shitty fans (remember the emoji spamming when they were #2?). In fact, I'm not convinced that we wouldn't be better as a 2 team broship. We both have programs that are being revived by absolute madmen running the spread and elite QB's. Both have toiled in irrelevancy for a long time and are experiencing a resurrection.

Any Michigan State reps interested in the broship at all?
>>
>>63758230
Topkek
>>
>>63758230
Kind of the same thing with Okie State :(
>>
>>63758230
If you think Mississippi State is a little brother then I can't even argue with you. That's so preposterous.
>>
File: Parker.jpg (76 KB, 402x516) Image search: [Google]
Parker.jpg
76 KB, 402x516
>>63756106
>Can you even etc.
Sure. Two-time CFL MVP Jackie Parker.
>>
L-LSU will still b-beat the Faggies, r-right?
>>
File: 1448155884382.png (96 KB, 335x375) Image search: [Google]
1448155884382.png
96 KB, 335x375
>>63757385
Michigan State bromigo here, are offering membership to Boise State? If not I propose we do.
>>
>>63758267
Mayfield is healthy :)
>>
>>63758418

Kliffbabby
>>
>>63758316
no clue how that one will go.
>>
>Ohio State "choking"
>has actually won two ships in your lifetime

Nice b8
>>
>>63758477
>>
File: 1359400138820.png (231 KB, 471x354) Image search: [Google]
1359400138820.png
231 KB, 471x354
>>63758477
>choking took place this season
>"well look at the past"
Literally nothing to do with each other. I can't think of a more irrelevant thing you could have said there.
>>
>>63758477
I know that's you nuts
>>
>>63758477

Put your trip back on nuts in my mouth
>>
File: butch-in-tux-cut.jpg (11 KB, 271x321) Image search: [Google]
butch-in-tux-cut.jpg
11 KB, 271x321
>>63758403
>>63758232
Wazzu rep again
Unless there are any objecrions, the 1st officiating meeting of the State Broship will lead with the inauguration of the 3 charter Memebers, Washington State, Mississippi State, and Michigan State.

On behalf of my fellow reps, we move to deny memembership to LSU, and extend an invitation to Boise State University and Oklahoma State University

Should a rep from either school be willing to accept, there are multiple ways:
>Yell "Go Cougs," "Go Green," or "Hail State"
>pass for >500 yards in a game
>make "big brother" butthurt again
>clang a cowbell until your rivals develop tinnitus
>>
>>63758287
>Mississippi State All-Time Win%
49%
>Ole Miss All-Time Win%
56.3%

>Mississippi State National Championships
0 (zero)
>Ole Miss National Championships

>Mississippi State SEC Championships
1 (less than Ole Miss's nationals)
>Ole Miss SEC Championships

>Mississippi State All-Time Wins
>Ole Miss All-Time Wins

>Mississippi State Bowl Game Wins (and visits)
10 (18)
>Ole Miss Bowl Game Wins (and visits)
23 (36)

>Mississippi State All-Americans
>Ole Miss All-Americans

>Mississippi State Weeks in AP Poll
>Ole Miss Weeks in AP Poll

>Mississippi State Draft Picks
>Ole Miss Draft Picks

>Mississippi State Egg Bowl Wins
>Ole Miss Egg Bowl Wins

Keep pretending you aren't little brother to Ole Miss.
>>
>>63758443
Kliff didn't develop him, he wasn't the starter, he didn't even give mayfield a scholarship.
fag
>>
>>63758477
>Ohio State fans
>unironically living in the past
>>
>>63757968
You can't deny that short term its working. Alabama's campus and quality of student has jumped massively. They'll be competing with Florida and UGA as the third best SEC school within the next decade.
>>
>>63758418
The victory will be more beatiful then :3

(Please don't hurt us :'()
>>
>>63758702
Oh god I used "us". My bad.
>>
Man Clemson is going to bootyblast Scar
>>
>>63758675

Plays entire season as starter

>But he's not a starter

Bu.. bu.. but he didn't get a scholarship like every other Tech QB.

He was scared of losing his job to the child of a pro athlete.

And even though he's kinda a pussy, he will always be a Kliff babby.
>>
>>63755463
>THE
faggot
>>
>>63753764
Arkansas is still getting AP Top 25 votes.

they are 6-5

some shithead in South Carolina actually put Arkansas at 19

fortunately the AP Poll is almost irrelevant now but holy shit that is awful
>>
>>63758746
he wasn't the starter the whole season, Kliff kept flip-flopping between him and Webb all season. Webb even ended up with more pass attempts.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.