[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help thread! Let's try something new here. Itt you: post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10
File: Helping.jpg (413 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
Helping.jpg
413 KB, 849x565
Help thread! Let's try something new here.
Itt you: post your picture, then post things you're good at or know a lot about. Then we ask eachother questions regarding those subjects and help eachother out! Hope this takes off.
>>
File: CC-01.jpg (841 KB, 1836x1273) Image search: [Google]
CC-01.jpg
841 KB, 1836x1273
And here's me! Things I know quite a bit about: sports, nutrition, business related things (to a degree. I've been known to give good relationship advice as well as well as a couple of styling tips but I'm by no means an expert on those subjects. If you want to know something just ask away! And who knows I might learn something from you as well.
>>
File: n28IF7U.jpg (101 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
n28IF7U.jpg
101 KB, 720x960
And here's me! Things I know quite a bit about: sports, nutrition, business related things (to a degree. I've been known to give good relationship advice as well as well as a couple of styling tips but I'm by no means an expert on those subjects. If you want to know something just ask away! And who knows I might learn something from you as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (354 KB, 1567x1045) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
354 KB, 1567x1045
Things I am very good at and/or know a lot about: Skiing, cycling, skis, bikes

Things I am somewhat good at and/or know some things about: Computers, Linux, math/quantum mechanics/physics/chemistry
>>
>>22807443
Allright sweet! You look badass on that bike dude. I'm looking to buy a mountain bike. I've riden quite a few so I know I'll enjoy riding them but I don't want to spend heaps of money on my first one. What should I be looking for and what model do you think is best?
>>
>>22807467
What kind of riding do you want to do? Just short casual rides on easy singletrack, or longer cross country rides, or lift accessed downhill, or really hilly trails, etc?
A good place to buy mountain bikes is pinkbike.com/buysell
I got a $4000 carbon mountain bike there for $1575
Also, if you want advice from others besides just me, check out >>>/n/bbg Very helpful anons there
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 1280x960
Geez I dunno what to say.
(If my picture is turned, I apologize.)
I like talking a lot. And singing. I'm a personal shopper (groceries, to be specific.) I enjoy baking, but I dunno how good I am that I'd be able to give anyone advice. I really enjoy makeup. I'm pretty sure I'm boring and that's probably why I'm so horrible at making myself seem interesting.
>>
File: selfie082015.jpg (520 KB, 1224x816) Image search: [Google]
selfie082015.jpg
520 KB, 1224x816
what a nice thread idea.
I'm happy to answer questions about audio, music in general (since that's what I'm studying) and photography related things
>>
>>22809008
Awesome! I'm an amateur musician (guitar) and I'd love to start recording stuff at home. I have a pretty decent pc (not a mac though). I'm looking to get a decent recording program that's user friendly yet still good quality. What program would you advise? Also I'd probably need an interface or something right? I don't want to spend heaps of money. What's go good interface in the low price range? Thanks a lot in advance!
>>22808949
Ahw don't be so down on yourself! You seem interesting to me. What kind of things do you sing?
>>22807487
It's probably going to be pretty casual. I do to many sports allready to be any actual good but I do enjoy it. I like really hilly terrain best. Thanks for the website mate! I'll check that out for sure.
>>
>>22809664
I typically sing songs that are a bit slower, maybe a little sad or about love or something? I usually mock the song with my singing. I don't change the tone or anything I just let the song remain the way it is, usually.
>>
>>22809664
>mountain bikes
You probably want a "trail bike". That is the best type for all-around riding for casuals (and even serious cyclists in some situations). If you want to ride really hilly terrain, and are not interested in anything technical (so not trails with lots of rocks and roots and jumps and such) then you could consider a cross country bike too. You probably want a bike with 29" wheels. Something like the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR (the new full suspension ones, NOT the old Stumpjumpers from many years ago, they're good bikes, but completely different than the modern ones), Kona Process 111, or similar.
These bikes will handle hilly stuff well and also handle technical terrain well, and full suspension is a lot of fun.
The advantages of a cross country bike (which will have less suspension than the aforementioned "trail" bikes, and sometimes not even have any rear suspension) is that it is more efficient for riding up hills, and will also be cheaper. Examples would be Trek Superfly, Specialized Stumpjumper HT (hardtail, meaning no rear suspension), etc
These bikes generally come at various levels with different frame materials and components. For example, Specialized Stumpjumper HT range in price from $2,000 to $10,000 for a new bike. Used you can find them cheaper.
There are also cheaper lower end mountain bikes more oriented at casuals, but I would recommend getting one that's a bit better and buying used to save money.
Also, go to a local bike shop and test ride some bikes. Just don't tell them you plan to buy used, they'll be more helpful if they think you're going to buy from them.
And once you've found a few bikes you like, ask >>>/n/bbg for input on the bikes you are considering.
>>
>>22809664
Oh, and one more thing: If you buy a used bike, bring it to a bike shop after buying it to have it checked over. Or better yet, if possible, arrange with the seller to meet at a bike shop, and have a guy at the bike shop look it over before you even buy it.
With a used bike you will potentially have to replace the chain (very likely), tires and/or tubes (fairly likely), and possibly also chainrings, cassette, and rear derailleur. Even still, buying used is generally a good route for someone buying their first mountain bike. You'll save a lot of money.
>>
>>22810453
>>22810503
Wow thanks a bunch for your time en effort writing that out for me dude! Means a lot. I can tell that you re really passionate about the subject. Ill start checking out used bikes right away. I like the idea of taking it to a bike shop first as well.
>>22810453
Do you have anything recorded you could let us listen to?
>>
>>22809664
Yes, to record at home you pretty much only need a way to amplify a microphone signal and make it appear in your DAW software, which is done by an interface. I'd probably go with the Focusrite Scarlet series since they pack some really nice and noise-free mic preamps in these for that little price, the 'solo'-one is nice already but for a guitarist I'd say better go with the 2i2 or 2i4. Having two separate inputs is very handy in that case, f.e. to stereo mic an acoustic guitar with a pair of condenser microphones or to track your electric by having a mic in front of the amp and recording the guitar's DI-signal to the other channel to mix you amp sound with a plugin like guitar rig or just replace it if you don't like it anymore or it won't work in the mix.
For software I really like what they did with Cubase (8) during the past years, it's still a powerful and full-blown DAW but amazingly intuitive and a lot of stuff 'just works' out of the box while still being able to grow with your increasing skill level because there's a huge feature set hidden. You can gradually work yourself up from simplified but useful layouts and parameters to the full thing.
>>
File: rfggtQV.jpg (120 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
rfggtQV.jpg
120 KB, 640x960
Me at my old job with a good friend. Things I know a lot about: flirting, bangs, lingerie, social engineering, body language, feet/footcare, braces, etiquette, hotel policies (I used to be the front desk girl at a hotel), Wendy's and travel.
>>22807329
>>22807330
Why do y'all have the same text with different photos? That's really shady.
>>22807443
Whenever I ride my mountain bike for an extended period of time my bum really hurts and I even get bruises and it's just really uncomfortable in that aspect. I bought a seat cover to no avail, it still happens. Any tips?
>>
Me >>22807329

>>22810704
Thanks a lot dude! That's actually really usefull. Cool to be able to work in a field like that by the way.
>>22810772
You guys would make a cute couple! Yeah the other guy decided to copy paste my text for some reason. Eh.
>>
>>22810546
I don't really record myself much. I sing to people on skype all of the time though hahaha.
>>
>>22810772
Do you ride your mountain bike on singletrack (mountain bike trails) or pavement/gravel?
Either way, there's a few things it could be.
>saddle position
Your saddle height and angle can certainly cause this. If your saddle is not flat, adjust it so that it is, and if it feels too far forward or back (if you're really stretched out when reaching the bars, or if you feel too close to the bars), try adjusting the fore/aft position of the saddle as well. And the height should be so that when your leg is the furthest stretched (so the pedal is at the lowest point in the rotation) you should have 25-35 degrees of bend in your knee.
Look up "bike fitting" online for info on how to properly set up your saddle position, that will be much better than what I'm telling you because I don't know a lot about fitting.
>the saddle
The saddle itself will make a difference too. The big cushy ones that are supposed to be comfortable really aren't, they'll make you sore. If you want to try a different saddle, I suggest going to a local bike shop and asking one of the sales people to help you pick out a saddle that is best for your body type and riding style.
>clothing
Getting a pair of cycling shorts with a chamois pad will help significantly. I suggest getting a pair of these:
http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/womens-pro-cycling-short.html
I have the men's version and they're great. High quality and cheaper than pretty much any other high quality cycling shorts you'll find.

cont
>>
>>22810772
>>22812306
What I would recommend doing right away is get a pair of cycling shorts (even if you can resolve the issue with saddle adjustments, cycling shorts will still keep you more comfortable on long rides; also, cycling shorts are designed to be worn without anything underneath, do not wear underwear with them; wearing underwear will make them less comfortable and potentially cause saddle sore), preferably the ones I linked, and see if the saddle position matches the things I described above and make any necessary adjustments. After doing that, you could try taking a few days off the bike to let any bruises you already have heal, then try riding again and see how it goes. If you do both of those things and your issue is not resolved, go to a LBS (local bike shop) and get a new saddle. If you do all that and your issue is still not resolved, get a bike fitting done at the LBS. It will be pretty expensive but will get your bike dialed in just right for your body (by adjusting saddle, bars, etc).

Also, if you ever have questions about cycling in the future, I recommend checking out >>>/n/. Very helpful anons there, especially in the /bqg/ (Bike Questions General) threads on /n/. I'll keep checking back in this thread too as long as it stays alive, so feel free to ask my any other questions you may have.
>>
Bumping again because this thread seems cool idk
>>
>>22813290
agreed
>>
File: bump.jpg (68 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
68 KB, 750x600
>>22814900
>>
>>22807329
You seem like the kind of dude that's swimming in pussy. What's the best way to pick up chicks?
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>22807443

Hey /n/erd

I know a lot about cycling/bicycles, motorcycles, cars/mechanics, trials, BMX, slacklining, GNU/Linux, hacking, radiation/pulse weapons, anarchism and political theory

I know a bit about art, architecture, music production, Russian/Spanish, literature, photography, happiness, and obscure sports/hobbies
>>
>>22811669
What a scrublord. I am sure it was accidental though. Thanks for that, though! I actually went on a date with him (even though it was against hotel policy, he was very persistent in wanting to go out with me.) He was a really...loud, abrasive, aggressive guy who was kind of a country bumpkin and was somewhat embarrassing in the restaurant we went to. Gave him a chance though and then he tells me he is married but separated! At 21! Too much baggage for me on top of the impoliteness, didn't go on another date but we remained friends.

>>22812306
It is flat and in the perfect way that I feel comfortable while riding. The saddle is very thin and hard but I bought a cushion because it was hurting my bum. I will definitely try bike shorts though since I have never worn them, usually just skirts or something. Thank you so much! Just moved to Spain so I don't have my bike with me and won't for a bit but when I get it I'll try shorts and then a new seat/getting it properly adjusted. Appreciated :3

>>22816831
What is slacklining? Why do you know so much about pulse weaponry? Why are you into anarchism? do you have issues with authority?
>>
File: Slackline_club_2.jpg (555 KB, 2000x1339) Image search: [Google]
Slackline_club_2.jpg
555 KB, 2000x1339
>>22817003

It's kinda like tightrope walking except the line is flat/wide webbing and bouncy, you can walk and jump on them it's pretty fun

Pulse weapons are good to know about, no plans to use them, but good to be able to protect oneself. I pretty much read everything I can about them but I'm no physicist. I look at is as the natural extension of hacking, and as electronics become more and more significant in human life it's a useful target to understand. It's like the bridge between hacking and the physical world.

Anarchism is simple for me, their cannot be equality so long as there is authority. I'm not a revolutionary but it's an ideal to work towards. I don't really actively have 'problems' with authority, but I think it should be a goal to get rid of it. I subscribe more to the egoist/individualist theories rather than the communistic ones though.
>>
>>22816083
Haha well, I have a girl, so not really swimming at the moment. I think most women (certainly not all of them) go for confident assertive men. So finding a way to boost your confidence would help you a lot. Invest in yourself, your appearance and work hard to make yourself the best person you can be. If you exude that kind confidence and pride in yourself girls will notice as well. There are ofcourse ways to appear more confident or to trick people into thinking you are 'alpha' or something. But in case you're looking for something more serious and longer lasting: are you really prepared to keep up an act for that amount of time? Ofcourse looks matter, but the guy who pulls the most and the best looking girls I know is a short, fat, ugly bearded Iranian dude who's just super confident and really good at wat he does. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask more if you want!
>>22817003
Hmm yeah I get how that would be a smart choice. Says a lot about you that you're willing to give people like that a chance and try to find out what's behind their first impression. You seem like a cool person.
>>
>>22816831
Hey /n/igger. You sound cool. 10/10 would ride with
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.