[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get over being mediocre? Honestly in everything I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 20160625182451_1.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160625182451_1.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
How do you get over being mediocre? Honestly in everything I do, I just suck at it and learn it very slowly. I'm always ranked below average for that particular field, and it's seriously depressing me.

I guess I was just born to suck? Does that make sense?
>>
>>29654103
Im alon eall day and play solitaire board games. I get over it by accepting the idea through repetition and isolation.
>>
If this is truly what happened to you and you've thoroughly explored your options you were just fucked by the genetic lottery.

Society conditions normies through materialism and culture (with the help of natural self-preservation instincts) to accept existences that don't align with their dreams and idealizations of what they could be like.

The reality is that our being on the planet is a nonchalant, irrelevant thing brought about by the mechanisms of our genes and life propagating itself with no real deep meaning to it. Western culture has, thanks to Christfags, artificially inflated the value of human life where there really isn't any, so as a result you have doctors on the jew payroll who fight to "save every life xD" and keep horrifically disfigured car accident victims alive at any cost.

Maybe before there were genuine reasons such as the preservation of the species to persuade people from not ending themselves, but they're irrelevant today. Suicide ideas have in fact varied through human cultures and times.

If you're serious about ending your misery you could research suicide options.
>>
>>29654500

I don't want to kill myself. I just want to stop hating myself for being bad at everything. It makes me feel like I'm worse off than everyone else, that everyone else secretly laughs at me for being bad, and that I deserve it.

I guess I'm doomed to a life of low expectations and being humble generally.
>>
>>29654545
Militaryfag here.

I feel the same, especially in my line of work. It seems that no matter what I try and do, I always feel second nature to people. I know how you feel mate, and it sucks royally.

Most of the time I just work on my novel to escape having to prove myself to people.
>>
>>29654579

Imagine being even bad at writing that novel. That's the kind of mediocrity I'm talking about that I face.
>>
>>29654643
That's what worries me too.
I want it to be fantastic. But something tells me it will get 500 sells on Kindle and that's it.
>>
>>29654103
You could just embrace the mediocrity and participate in whatever you're doing for the sake of enjoyment.

I know thats what I did at least. I love mma and weight training but for me to excel at one i need to do the other less. Since I enjoy both i just accepted the fact that I won't be great at either but at least I'm doing both of the things i enjoy. No need to be the best at something to be able to enjoy it desu fampai
>>
>>29654895

If I wrote a book and sell 500 of it, I would be so so happy.

Knowing myself, it's probably going to get like 50 views and 1 or 2 buys.
>>
File: before sleep.jpg (616 KB, 1790x1559) Image search: [Google]
before sleep.jpg
616 KB, 1790x1559
>>29654103
>>29654500
Yeah i truly relate, this is one of the big reasons why im here.
I sometimes feel like its greed or something, i can do kinda nice if i really put energy on it, but im never proud of it considering the adavantages (generally time) i sacraficed for that thing. I want so much and i cant even explain what that is.
>>29654995
i could just become a cuck instead desu sempai,
>>
>>29655301

Have you ever felt unworthy to play a video game, especially an RPG because the main character is such an alpha chad while you are just a hopeless loser?

I can't believe it but I actually stopped my vidya because I suddenly thought of that fact. God I got cucked by a fictional character.
>>
I know this feel way too well. It's why I gave up guitar and drawing.
>>
>>29654103
Hey... I can sortof relate, I am average/possibly below average intelligence, was bad in school, extremely low social skills, ugly, etc. It's still possible to excel at something, but you have to put more time into it than other people, and research how people smarter than yourself approached that particular thing. Basically this means you have to do what you like, because otherwise it will be very frustrating and demoralizing.
>>
>>29655612
im currently playing "kids" games like nintendo and classic sonic, aswell as some other retro shit (poorfag) along with osu.

so no...
>>
>>29655619

I gave up Dota 2. 800+ hours and I'm at 2.5k mmr, that's how bad I was.

>>29655678
Pretty sure I have low IQ too, I guess that might be a contributing factor. Yes I understand about the more time needed to improve part, but more oftenly I find that I have no idea how to improve, and just end up blindly doing something which never leads to better results.

>>29655767
I was playing FF13 and suddenly, I realized how pathetic I was compared to Lightning. I couldn't play on. Holy shit that sounded autistic.
>>
>>29655817
Any particular activity can be broken down into component skills such as movment, game mechanic knowledge/strategy, tracking and flick accuracy, etc. Try to identify which aspects you're weakest at and research how to improve those specific things (google). Find out what settings and equipment the best players use and what their advice is. Experiment and do drills on particular aspects to see which settings are best for you.

This doesn't just apply to games, a mixture of research and dedicated work will help you improve at anything whether it's art or math.
>>
>>29655817
fuck this man, I've probably spent 1000+hours on league and I'm still in bronze while some people barely play and get diamond. People are just naturally better and it hurts to accept that
>>
>>29655975

You might be right, but the problem is I have to work extra hard while people just seem to get it naturally. It's kinda like back in Math class, there's always this kid who sleeps in class but aces the tests all the time and God knows how he does it.
>>
>>29656058
Yeah it's unfair, but that's life. For example I am an autist, so for me it's better to not try to get a gf and spend my time elsewhere since women want a man that improves their status, not one who will reduce it. I used to feel bitter, but after a while you just have to accept it. If there is something that you really enjoy and want to improve at, it will be worth it in the end once you see that improvement. Also remember to eat well and get enough sleep, I know personally that if I skip on sleep I won't be able to think clearly or react quickly, and that can last all week if I'm not careful.
>>
>>29656211

I haven't been getting enough sleep or eating well these few days, no idea why as well.

But I'm taking a few days off work so hopefully that improves.
>>
>>29656349
Completely avoid any food with high fructose corn syrup. Avoid pop, fast food, keep sugar as low as possible (once in a while is fine). Get 8 hours of sleep every night, if you miss an hour of sleep you have to make it up again later. You can get Melatonin (a natural supplement) over the counter to help you set a sleep schedule.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.