[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Public Service Announcement: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Representative Don.jpg (42 KB, 230x277) Image search: [Google]
Representative Don.jpg
42 KB, 230x277
Greetings fellow users!

>>29494813
>>29494753
>>29494258

You may or may not have noticed our presence in the threads tonight. And I must say, we've been getting some pretty novel, ENJOYABLE discussion on here tonight! Our collective, and indeed, all of /r9k/ appreciates the bantz as well as the high-brow discourse. Robots are a most diverse and interesting bunch, which is why our collective is impelled to bring something to the forefront... with a thread of our own!

>Just a friendly reminder...

We do urge you to consider these posts and begin filtering. We, like many of you, value our little spot in cyberspace, and find the recent incursion of cancerous, repititious, garbage, lower qualitt threads very disagreeable. /r9k/ is a place where many of us come to let loose some steam, find like-minded folk, maybe even share a couple feels.

It's time to do a little clean up. Our collective offers a solution!

FILTERS! Yes, the filter program in-built into our wonderful board! We will be here ITT if you have any questions!
>>
>>29497974
start namefagging again so I can filter you, you annoying douche
>>
>>29498031
>not filtering all anons
what are you, retarded?
>>
>>29497974
As I have said before on other boards, I believe that this is a great way to avoid shitty threads.

However, that's only half the problem. How do we stop the unenlightened, socially extroverted folk, sometimes referred to as normalfags, normies, Chads, Stacies, roasties or normans from entering quality threads and leading them off-topic?
>>
>>29498031
You're pretty fucking annoying yourself, shitdick.
>>
>>29498083
Good question! This is our approach.

We localize ourselves around our own content instead of being swept up in the constant tide of trash that comes from the normie and/or summerfag. The filters would screen out their threads from our side, and we'd only be seeing (more or less, as differences in preferences among our fellow robots do exist) our threads.

This creates a rift in the board. The interlopers on side, and us on the other. Their whorish ways are confined to their side of /r9k/. If they come into our threads, which they usually don't because they're too busy being braindead with others of their type, we just ignore them. At least that's what I do. Oldfags would just respond with "tits or gtfo." If only we had their solidarity now.

Robots need to stop fighting each other. The only way for us to create this shift, however, this truly secret club, is if we filter these fuckers. Or not. Our collective realizes this is a request, and not mandatory.

But we are sure it would drastically change the dynamic on this board for the better.
>>
>>29497974
who are you and why should I care

>original
>>
>>29498270
It is not who "I" am, it is who "we" are. And we care very much about enjoying our time on /r9k/. We assume you do too, and thus, we offer a suggestion. Won't you consider?
>>
Filtering doesn't do shit because there's way too much bullshit floating around and they're always trying to avoid the filters. I filter new words every day and I still see boypussy threads daily. Hiding all the bullshit isn't fast enough considering the rate in which shitty threads are created, and since normies are more and more active than quality users in the boards they drown the threads free of shitposting which end up getting deleted cause they're too slow to keep up with the stream of shit.
>>
>>29498870
Not true. If you filter the word boypussy than the thread with the word does not come up. Hiding is inferior to filtering. Not sure why anyone would do so over using the program. The point of filtering is to stop the genuine robots from being drowned out, and in my experience it works just fine. Don't discourage our fellow users from improving their experience simply because you can't control yours properly, now.
>>
File: currentfilter.png (25 KB, 191x33) Image search: [Google]
currentfilter.png
25 KB, 191x33
Thanks OP. You're doing god's work.
>>
File: yfc.png (4 KB, 297x257) Image search: [Google]
yfc.png
4 KB, 297x257
>>29499582
I'm going to post this image just because I think its something you try not to see.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.