[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to switzerland as a teenager >literally the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 10
File: ch~.gif (754 B, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
ch~.gif
754 B, 324x216
>go to switzerland as a teenager
>literally the greatest fucking country in the world
>22 now
>consider moving there
>check requirements for getting a citizenship
>10 years living in the country, permanent residency, working visa, etc.
>ok, lets see whats needed for a working visa
>"A third state national can take a job in Switzerland only if a person cannot be hired from within the Swiss labour market or an EU/EFTA state. Employers must show that they made "intensive efforts" to find a Swiss citizen"

why must everything be so hard
>>
>>28466337
The good things in life that are worth are always hard to get. Switzerland is an awesome country, and they have the right to try their best to keep it that way.
>>
>>28466337
Those rules are why their country is so good. They haven't fallen for the globalism meme.
>>
File: 2888888.jpg (19 KB, 578x95) Image search: [Google]
2888888.jpg
19 KB, 578x95
>>28466337
Because we don't want our country to become France, Sweden or germany.
Immigrants and shitskins fuck off
>>
>>28466352
>>28466363
>>28466381

Don't get me wrong; I'm an Australian. Here we have much laxer immigration laws, which leads to a fucking downtrend in the quality of our people over time (not that it was that great to begin with). I totally understand Switzerland's policies and agree with them. It's just so frustrating when you know that there's this fucking haven that you can easily access temporarily, but can't live in.
>>
File: oskar-freysinger2.jpg (93 KB, 468x312) Image search: [Google]
oskar-freysinger2.jpg
93 KB, 468x312
>>28466381

Well spoken.

t. a Belgian.
>>
Try moving to the United States, its even more ridiculous.
>>
Buy your mom a ticket to Switzerland, crawl back in her vagina, and be born there. Simple!
>>
>>28466443
Which is funny because the US is a shithole that only looks good compared to the third world.
>>
I love how, when you're filthy rich or famous, you can move just anywhere and suddenly official laws don't matter anymore.
>>
>>28466337
Isn't it the same for the US?
Either that or invest a certain amount of money
You could try becoming a EU citizen first and then move to Switzerland
>>
>>28466600
There are very easy legal ways to get a visa or even citizenship anywhere if you have UNLIMITED MONEYS, since there's almost always various ways to get it through business investment, being a culturally important person etc.
>>
why not just move to northern italy instead?
>>
>>28466473
Not really lmao

>>28466631
>> You could try becoming a EU citizen first and then move to Switzerland

Freaking American education
>>
>>28466337
Move to Norway then, basically same quality and much easier to get a citizenship.
>>
>>28466678
>Freaking American education
I don't understand
>>
>>28466337
Or if you have like quite a bit of cash, you can buy a property here (pic related) which is one of the only places on lake geneva that allows a foreign national to buy property In...or enrole in a school here too, i know allot of people way above 22 that enroled in this " official school " which will then give you a visa to stay in and even later work here
>>
>>28466666
Whoa lad
Qew lad
>>
>>28466731
> EU citizen

There is no such thing, you are a citizen of a country that is a member of the Union - there is no universal EU Citizenship.

Furthermore being an EU Citizen does not make moving to Switzerland easier as Switzerland is not part of the Union..

(Actually being German makes moving to Switzerland HARDER because they recently put up a quota for German immigrants)

Sorry for being rude.

> tfw actually working my butt off the study abroad in the US
>>
>>28466337
Ausfag here,

I'm thinking of discharging and moving over to Switzerland in 2019, but goddamn shit looks hard to do.
>>
>>28466760
EU citizen implies citizen of an EU country
Are you retarded Anon?
>Furthermore being an EU Citizen does not make moving to Switzerland easier as Switzerland is not part of the Union..
It's part of Schengen area so you are free to work there for at least 3 months
If you want to stay for more than 3 months you can just apply for a residence permit
>>
Also if anyone has questions regarding moving to Switzerland - or life over here just blast away.

Will monitor the thread for a while
>>
>>28466691
norway is cold and ugly
>>
>>28466795
>> EU citizen implies citizen of an EU country

Are you retarded Anon?

>> It's part of Schengen area so you are free to work there for at least 3 months
>> If you want to stay for more than 3 months you can just apply for a residence permit

Thats bullshit too. Yes you can work here legally for three months but after that you will still need to jump through tons of hoops to get your work permit granted for a longer period.
>>
>>28466828
Yeah that's why allot of hookers here, only stay for 3 months, go back home, then come back again for 3 months
>>
>>28466801
norway is cold, but ugly? no, you're crazy, the scenery there is amazing
>>
>>28466828
>That's bullshit too
>still agrees
wew lad do you literally have autism?

It is easier to move to Switzerland from an EU country(at least the non shitty ones) than from some random outside state
>>
>>28466904
>> tfw actually working for the immigration office and some dipshit on r9k calls you autistic

Well sorry r9k but seems like my help here won't be needed as you have this expert on hand.

>> EU CITIZENSHIP
>>
OP here

>>28466765
Yeah, Ausfag too, and I'm just getting sick of things here and I can see it's not gonna get better any time soon. We should move together anon.

>>28466798
If you're this >>28466733 anon; I am very interested in enrolling in university there if it means it'll ease my permanent migration there. I'm currently doing health sciences here in Australia.
What city do you live in?
Do you enjoy living there, or are you like me, and considering moving someplace else?
I've heard that most of the country speaks english. Is this true, or will I have to learn deutsch?
I know that the population there is fairly small. What is day-to-day life like?

Thanks
>>
>>28466930
>I have no understanding of language

>actually working for the immigration office
Prove it
>>
>>28466473
US is a really big place.... it varies so much from state to state, but there are some really great places
>>
>>28466930
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/
https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Infoservice/FAQ/VisumFuerD/01aa-Visa-Unionsb%C3%BCrger.html?nn=480902
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizenship_of_the_European_Union
http://eudo-citizenship.eu/eu-citizenship
http://www.migri.fi/services/faq/residence_permits/eu_citizens
https://ind.nl/EN/individuals/residence-wizard/eu/registration-for-eu-citizens
Looks like you are the retard
>tfw actually working for the immigration office
lmbo
>>
>tight immigration controls
>successful and safe

Wow i wonder if there is some kind of correlation
>>
>>28466935
OP this is me, yeah i live in a very beautiful touristic place, called montreux, absolutly everyone speaks english here, because this city is serounded by international unis and hotel schools, I have quitr a bit of inside infor we can talk more about this in private, do you have KIK op?
>>
>>28466733
>lake geneva
It's the fucking LEMAN, not lake geneva, not lake leman, THE LEMAN
FUCKING RICHFAGS FUCKING UP MY COUNTRY LEAVE
>>
>>28467054
Yes, but I'd prefer not to share it. I hope you understand. Thank you for answering my questions, though. It's people like you that make me feel like moving to Switzerland is a good idea, no matter the cost.
>>
>>28467210
Yeah i didn't want to share it here either...but the thing is, if you are really interested, i know of a school, that you can " enrole in " and technically not attend, and they will get you you're visa....kind of a loup hole really....just formalities you know
>>
>>28466337
That's why Switzerland is so awesome though, no one from 3rd world shitholes can't emigrate there. Sorry American, you're just not cut out to be Swiss xD
>>
I married a swiss girl and it's top comfy here
>>
>>28467709
That's it!!!! OP go find yourself a nice heidi!
>>
>>28467755
There are no "nice" women in western Europe, they're all extremely materialistic and promiscuous and have no soul.
>>
>>28467785
swissbot here. Can confirm, it's getting worse once they hit the wall
>>
>>28467963

i dont understand, what do you mean when you say they hit the wall?
>>
How do I move to the US legally?
The green card lottery isn't a reliable way. H1-B visas are a fucking joke. Marrying an American woman is the worst decision you could make.

What's left?
>>
>>28466337
It's not worth it senpai.
>>
>>28468323
Nothing unless you're a millionaire.
>>
>>28466414
>Here we have much laxer immigration laws
Yeah, but that's because you're all shitposters and criminals.
>>
>>28466337
No, don't. The people are fucking horrible.
>>
File: 1414175186698.jpg (62 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1414175186698.jpg
62 KB, 604x604
>>28468323

Why the fuck would you want to move to this shithole?
>>
>>28468323
whatever third world shithole you are in is without a doubt better than america unless you are an idiot that loves being around other idiots. There is no opportunity in America, only complacency. If you want a land of opportunity, stay where you are and have a revolution.
>>
>>28466337
Switzerland is objectively the best country in the world. They must keep it that way or fall to the lie of mass immigration being anything other than anti nationalist and anti working class.
>>
>>28468357
There must be a way. I always hear about people my age moving there to create a startup or whatever. And none of them are millionaires.
>>
>>28468443
I'm from western Europe. I've been wanting to move to America since my early teenage years
>>
>>28466337
>Going to Bergjudenland
>>
>>28468323

Marry an American man and thank liberals for fighting so hard to legalize your loophole
>>
>>28468487
You are in the best place in the world.
Unless you are actually a nazi, stay where you are.
>>
>>28468487

Unless you have some superlative skill to exploit in the US, you're far, far better off staying where you are. American poor live like thirdworlders.
>>
>>28468526
No, I want to move
Preferably legally since I'm not a chimp, but I will move
>>
>>28468547
I'm working towards obtaining a master's in economics, perhaps a PhD.
>>
I have Swiss citizenship.

2nd generation American.

>tfw Swiss citizenship is inheritable

:D
>>
>>28468547
This. Unless you're in the top %30 of skilled, in-demand employment, you're far better off in western or northern Europe. Now, if you're a petroleum engineer in France, yes, you'll make a ridiculous amount of money here and keep most of it. If you're a "student" or some low/un-skilled job, you'll suffer and work all the time for nothing here.

Better to suck up government dole and live comfily, going to school and WALKING to a cafe/bar for (non-light)beers and generally having a culture and comfy life. Basically, anything less than upper-middle class is a shitstorm in the U.S.
>>
>>28468578
why aren't you living there though?
>>
>>28468578
You won the international lottery. Congratulations.
>>
>>28466798
What's the best language to know for just getting around?

Swiss German? It seems like there's no resources to learn it.
>>
>>28468616
stuck on a family farm
>>
>>28468671
learn german dudo
>>
>>28468671
English, probably...
>>
>>28468671
It's literally just German with a retarded accent.
Same thing as with the brits
>>
>>28468564

You're probably better off just staying where you are. You won't get terribly far with an economics degree from a foreign country in the US; you might be able to be a teacher or an adjunct professor of economics, but that's about it.

By the way, adjunct professors in the US often live in poverty themselves. Can you please tell me why the fuck you want to move to the US so badly and where you are now?
>>
>>28468487
Want to swap identities?

We give each other our identification papers, swap money into each other's accounts, change university degrees. Blammo. You're a US citizen, and I'm a Swede.

lol jk. If one of us has brown skin we'd both wind up in Guantanamo.
>>
File: IMG_20160510_185423-min.jpg (2 MB, 5248x3936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160510_185423-min.jpg
2 MB, 5248x3936
Half price for you fellow robot.

Just joking, don't come here. Unless you are white, christian, have money, hard working and smart, stay where you are. We have garbage on our own and are working to to don't get more.

If you live in Australia and think your life is bad because you life there, you're problem might not be australia but you.
>>
>>28469014
im 2 of those things, can i come?
>>
>>28468726
Well I'm neither brown nor swedish, sorry anon.
>>28468721
Look, as long as I can move, it doesn't matter. And if my degree isn't completely worthless, it's already a big plus.
I know what it's like to struggle for cash and therefore I know what I'm talking about when I say I'm ready to make huge financial compromises in order to move.
I'm French. Believe me when I say this country is completely fucked.
I'm dead-set on America because I've been mostly raised in an American environment (my childhood friends were expat kids and when I was a teenager I often went to the US with my family).
>>
Swissanon here.
Not everywhere's peachy and bright, lad.
>>
>>28466337
Hey dude, I worked in switzerland for a while.
It's really not as hard as it sounds. You dont have to do shit regarding the "proof of intensive efforts" it's all done by your future employer and they have their ways...
Switzerland is desperately looking for experts in all kinds of fields but especially IT... software engineers, programmers, IT architects etc etc

However you will never become a full citizen, you will never be able to vote unless you're born there. You incrementally get different citizen "status". For example the first status you have will make them substract taxes directly from your income, the so called "Quellsteuer", but after working there for ~7 (dont remember exactly) you pay your taxes like every other citizen.

Income is fucking insane, if you were to work in switzerland, live in france and buy groceries/stuff in germany you'd literally live like a king even with a measly janitor job.
Switzerland itself is fucking expensive though, expect to pay 28 francs (~25 euros) for a mc donalds meal.
A small pack of sliced ham costs ~12 francs and a pack of cigarettes ~8 francs.

If you have any questions feel free to ask though... I know some people who decided to move there permanently from germany and who have been living in switzerland for >7 years.
>>
>>28468715
nah dude, they often have completely different words... it's roots are german, but it's still totally different.
>>
>>28469482
did you ever feel "accepted" by the Swiss or was that not something you cared about
>>
Just turn up at the border without a passport saying 'Allahu Ackbar' and they'll probably let you right on in.
>>
>>28469541
It's literally the same thing.
It's like bongtalk to proper English
>>
>>28469482
The hell, lad?
McD barely costs 15 sfr even in Zurich.
>>
>>28469584
Nope, didnt care much about it, the company i was working at had lots of german employees.
I wasnt living there long enough either... but swiss people are very reserved at first and they will expect you to show good efforts to integrate.
And the second they'd realize I'm german they'd switch to speaking german, doesn't matter if I was in a bank or a grocery store, they're usually very polite as far as I can tell.

I only once experience someone openly show that he didn't like me because I was from germany... by just ignoring me most of the time, but that's about it.
>>
>>28469702
Really? Maybe I always ordered some special menu... but it was really expensive compared to germany. I lived in Oerlikon btw.
>>
Switzerland is pretty shitty in some aspects. One of them being ridiculous prices and the fact that the vast majority of stores close around 17:00, and after 20:00 literally everything is closed. Which if you are used to a 24h economy really, really sucks.
>>
>>28469780
What are some European cities where you can walk the city at night without it being weird because it has a bustling tourist/night life 24/7?
>>
>>28469695
as I said, it's german in it's roots, but still totally different.
I usually didnt understand wtf they were saying if they spoke real switzerdeutsch

Tausend = doesig?
Motorrad = toeff
just and example..
>>
>>28468323
Pay. American woman and then get divorce a few years later.
>>
>>28466733
>lake geneva
As a swiss, it triggers me
>>
>>28469860
Literally just different pronunciation and a couple mangled German words.
Nothing you won't pick up quickly, if you already German.
>>
File: 1401350315072.gif (2 MB, 172x172) Image search: [Google]
1401350315072.gif
2 MB, 172x172
why do people think moving to another country will solve all of their problems?
>>
File: file.png (244 KB, 393x401) Image search: [Google]
file.png
244 KB, 393x401
>>28466666
>nobody responding to this get
m i s c h i e f
>>
>>28466473
Depends on where you live. It's like say the the whole EU is a shithole because of eastern Europe.

https://i.imgur.com/LxPDj7b.png
>>
>>28466337
>Employers must show that they made "intensive efforts" to find a Swiss citizen"

did you know employers can subvert this by lying? this is done so they can hire a shitskin to do the same labour as a native but for half the pay.
>>
>>28466453
This doesn't work, because even when you are born there, at least one parent has to be swiss.
>>
>>28466828
Citizen of an EU member state = EU citizen

Anyone with half a brain would think that.
>>
>>28470022
Except you can't exactly move freely through EU states even if you're an EU citizen (and especially not get the benefits of doing so). If you're from a shitty poor EU country, you can't go to Sweden and be a rich NEET.
>>
>>28466443
>marry some skank
>welcome aboard
>>
>>28470143
But marriage in America is begging to live a life full of regrets even after the divorce.
>>
>>28468027
"The point at which a girl that used to be hot, is no longer hot. This is typically due to advancing age."
>>
>mandatory male conscription
no thanks. I can tell already it's going to be one of those shitholes where the women are materialistic hyper-feminists despite otherwise being a traditional society where they already get benefits just for being a woman.
>>
>>28466414
Wait, swiss people are oftenly complaining about their laxer immigration laws and are referring to american or australian laws, where you have to be employed to get in. Is it all just a meme or what?
>>
>>28466424
>Oskar Freysinger
>gets accused by a newspaper cause he has a nazi flag in his house
>says he "don't know that it was used by the nazis"
>he's a fuckin history teacher
>>
>>28468405
>>28468347

listen to the swissfags OP
>>
>>28468451
we already got 25% foreigners
>>
>>28468323
Aussie here, have been going through the steps for a number of years.

Pro fucking tip:
Its not possible, if only Americans could understand the appeal of America.

The worst fucking part is you see all these people that want to move here.

Why the fuck can't we just trade, enjoy the police state and I'll take a large order of no fucking socialized healthcare and five semi auto funs.
>>
>>28469014
>We have garbage on our own and are working to to don't get more
we already got 25% of this garbage, Anon and the right wing parties ain't gonna fix it
>>
>>28466424
It's not a nazi flag the flag was made before the nazis. So him having these flag could mean multiple things it could well mean that he's a "nazi" because in the end the nazis still used this flag but it could also mean he admires the old Germany "before the nazis".

>>28466337
Don't come OP it's not worth it Switzerland is just as shitty as every other country. The food is better but that's it.

Move to Norway or Denmark. Should be like Switzerland just a bit better.
>>
>>28469695
Even native germans can't understand a single word of swiss german. It's a different language
>>
>>28466381
As a Swede, whenever someone mixes our countries up I always feel a bit sad that I got to live in the shitty one
>>
>>28469780
Swissfag here, can confirm. It got better recently though, now we have major railway stations, which have grocery stores that are open 7 days until 9 pm. But only there.
Switzerland don't allow 24/7 working hours because of strong socialism.
Also prepare for a boring nightlife
>>
>>28470948
I have an idea we keep the smart and competent people and deport everyone else. Which means you get deported you fucking retarded.

Just thinking about that we come from the same countries disgusts me.
Which Kanton are you from? I bet a shitty one just like you are.
>>
>>28471040
As a Swiss, kill yourself cuck.
"I feel sad because blablabla"
That's why you're so fucking retarded you just can cry like the pussies you are you're not proactive in any way your country deserves to burn.
>>
>>28471066
>Boring nightlife
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORMIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28469842
Probably big metropolitan cities. Im in West-Netherlands and even though our cities are small there is a good amount of stuff to do until 00:00 in working days and on fridays and saturdays there is always a lot to do until as late as early morning. My city with less than 1 million inhabitants has a McDonalds thats open 24/7 and many fast food places that stay open into deep into the night even on working days. Also its very safe here, im a big guy but even if you arent that strong or capable i defending yourself you have very little to fear. I have gone o nightwalks around 03:00 in the night and had zero issues with harassement, let along actual physical violence.

All of this is true for big metropolitan cities like Paris as well except for the last part. To make up for that though our nightlife pales in comparison to them.
>>
>>28469014
>you life there
learn into english faggot
>>
Hend ehr aentlech grass legalisiert oder ligds no ufm schribtisch?
>>
Switzerland is a fucking miserable country. What the fuck is wrong with you OP
>rude to literally everyone, much worse than french people
>only accept you if you're a 5th generation native born Swiss, anything else are trash
>so goddamn rude

If you like the scenery there, just go to New Zealand. It's much the same, with a muuuuch more reasonable cost of living
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450671645985.jpg (32 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450671645985.jpg
32 KB, 500x341
>>28470948
Yeah but welcoming refugees and letting more in isn't a better idea. I have nothing against germans coming in, we have a lot in common with them, they work hard are educated well and eager to become swiss, they are just a bit arrogant with their "lol kleine Schweiz" attitude.

What fucks me off are people that come here and add nothing off value, don't work, don't speak the language and become in the end a burden. And those lefties always argue "oh but we need them because we don't give birth anymore and we have a responsibility too". I'm not against helping people but not those that come here from turkey and pretend to be a refugee or someone who left his family back in war to die and goes to europe because of germoney and free stuff.

>>28471124
The fact that you are so butthurt over the other anons comment shows us that you a leftycuck or how the others would say a liberalfag. I bet you are one of those N.I.M.B.Y's that want refugees because they are cheap labor and potential voters for your beloved party, but when it comes to helping you do nothing. Same with germany. They thought they will benefit from cheap labor but what happened is that work doesn't pay off for the average german because some shitskin makes it for half the price or he becomes a government financed leech. But I can't blame you, you're probably a /NEET/ like most here.
>>
>>28471939
My sister moved from Switzerland to New Zealand a few years ago for the exact same reasons you posted.
>>
i'm too poor and unskilled to move there ;_;
thought about learning programming but everyone started that as a teenager and is skilled when i'm an idiot starting in his twenties
>>
>>28471845
Das chasch vergaesse, mir si hie in konservativenhausen. Solang di junge ke bock hei go abstimme, anderet sech nix
>>
>>28468323
>Be US
>Make it hard for educated, qualified workers from Western countries to come to your country
>Let every single Mexican that can crawl over the boarder in
And you wonder why America is going to shit...
>>
>>28471845
legalisiert ned abr es wird afach nime kriminalisiert.

>>28471803
Sry live
>>
>>28466381
Lmao 1/3 of Switzerland's population is made of foreigners
Switzerland is full of albanians and turkish, for sure they're white, but still muslims
>>
>>28471066
It's not bad if you live in a bigger city, but if you live on the countryside it can become boring for a normie.
>>
>>28471727
>I have gone o nightwalks around 03:00 in the night and had zero issues with harassement, let along actual physical violence.
This is what I would like, but my shitty Eastern European city is completely dead after midnight even though it's a 1-million-inhabitants capital. I just want to live somewhere where I can take a walk to a fast food shop or some shit at 3AM or walk my dog or something without being hassled by cops or generally viewed as a weirdo.
>>
>>28472046
Yeah but we don't give them free stuff and we are not cucks like germany or sweden. And most of are working, because if you don't work here you're almost fucked.
>>
>>28466337
Switzerland is zenophobic as fuck
Better come to Scandinavia senpai
>>
File: swe1.jpg (66 KB, 594x400) Image search: [Google]
swe1.jpg
66 KB, 594x400
>>28472216
It's xenophobic and nice try Ahmed
>>
>>28471939
You must've visited the french speaking part then.
>>
>>28470938
Fuck you. I'm American and you Aussies don't know how good you have it. We have way too many nigs and spics it's getting ridiculous. Plus if you're poor here life is shit. Healthcare is a mess and jobs here treat you like shit and give comparatively low paid time off etc
>>
>>28472216
Where is Switzerland Xenophobic?
I'm a mixed race Swiss and never experienced any racism from Swiss people in my Life(I'm 20 now).
Most people who where racist towards me where foreigner. I often experienced foreigners reducing me to my skincolour while Swiss people always looked at my action and person.

I don't know maybe i'm just lucky but i think as long as you don't act like a peace of shit and actually work and integrate yourself no Swiss will be xenophobic towards you.

Except for the extreme right but those people exist in every country. *cough* *cough* Anders Breivik *cough* *cough*.
>>
>>28472283
Yes. Are the German/Italian/Romanesque parts better?
>>
>>28469482
As somebody that eats Fast Food at least twice a week I can tell you that it's always less than 15Fr. The only really disappointing thing is that Japanese Food is really expensive (or at least Sushi) and Subway costs literally 3 times as much as in Germany.
But even in an expensive city like Zurich you can easily eat out for somewhat reasonable prices as long as you know where to go.
>>
>>28468443
>whatever third world shithole you are in is without a doubt better than america

lmao u cray
>>
>>28472396
Indeed, people there are a bit more open especially in the italian speaking part.
>>
>>28466801
Fjords, man. Beautiful forests and lakes.

And the women...

Don't get me wrong, it's too fucking close to the North Pole, but it's a beautiful country.
>>
>>28469014
>If you live in Australia and think your life is bad because you life there, you're problem might not be australia but you.

Gotta remember, we are talking about a country where every bug is 100x the size of normal bugs, and they're all so fucking venomous just looking at them is enough to scar you for life.
>>
>>28466666
FCKIN QUINTS
what u said is complete bullshit though
>>
>>28466337
One of the most blissful moments in my like was walking through the swiss forests not a care in the world.
>>
Never thought seeing my country on /r9k/...

>live there
>most people are introverted, even harder to make friends (especially for a robot like me)
>extremely high cost of living
>Literally nothing interesting to do here
>Mandatory military-service for citizens, a robots nightmare

I could go on and on but I hope you see the point. I've always dreamt of going to the US but as time went on I realized that I'd probably have a shit life everywhere in the world.
>>
>>28470998

This.

Not that it seems to make a lot of difference, the Swiss I know seem highly literate and usually speak multiple languages fluently.

Good friend of mine lives outside Geneva, met him on a forum a few years back. His English was so superb, with such a great command of American idioms, that I thought he was a native-born American until he told me otherwise.

I hired him later on to do some German and French translation and writing for a project, and I heard from the client his work was on a par with the best college graduates (apparently, high praise from the French).

I've met other Swiss who seem to have benefited from their excellent education system...air traffic controllers, scientists, engineers. I understand I haven't met a representative sample, and I understand they have their issues, but I have come to hold a high opinion of Switzerland from those Swiss whom I have met.
>>
>>28473315
>Mandatory military-service for citizens, a robots nightmare
Just tell the psychiatrist that you are suicidal, depressed and can't be around strangers like that. Worked out for me and I never had to serve a single day.
>>
>>28466733

Daaammmmnnn.....that looks gorgeous.

So, how many euro would a property near Geneva set me back?
>>
>>28473391

Does that apply to men and women alike? And if everyone does it, does that mean a lot of the service is nonsense jobs?
>>
>>28473440
Only men and from what everybody told me, it's complete nonsense. Lots of standing around and waiting, lots of useless "discipline" that is essentially just there to torture you, etc.
Switzerland has never been in a war against a foreign nation, so it's also not like there is an actual thread or anything.
>>
>>28473315

I live in the US, and there's some culture shock for the Swiss immigrants I've met. A couple of them went back. They seemed to miss a certain orderliness they found in CH...America is big and sprawling, more crass and raw than Europe. We accept certain things about our culture as a matter of fact they found unacceptable (lack of decent public transportation, especially trains, our fucked-up healthcare payment system, our celebrity-obsessed media, the gross disparity between the poor and wealthy...I get the impression poverty of the scale and sort we have here simply doesn't exist in CH, shitty mainstream American beer, etc.).

Other people focused on different aspects. They seem to have found more freedom to pursue their dreams, enjoyed the open and generally friendly nature of Americans, and the different style of business here.

It's different. Some of the differences are subtle, others obvious. You would definitely find things you found lacking, but you might find parts you loved, too. I guess it depends upon what you would discover here.
>>
>>28473726

I've heard much the same from other people who live in countries with mandatory service. It seems like it would make more sense to have them doing public works as part of their service. Nothing is so boring as make-work and watching the clock to see when it is time to leave.
>>
>>28473440
It does only for men and yes, a lot of the things you do after basic training is nonsense
>>
>>28466337
meanwhile niggers, muslim and gypsies can live there for free
>>
>>28472184
>we are not cucks
>official country languages are French, German, Italian, and something no one's ever heard of

Your little country is irrelevant
>>
Switzerland is top Jew, good fucking luck
>>
Any Swiss guys on here want to marry a cute Middle Eastern girl in the US? I'm 22 and I can speak French, but not fluently. I may be a citizen of France but I am not entirely sure since I don't have paperwork. I am not Muslim. I am actually pretty conservative.
>>
>>28474211

In the US? Why would you want to marry one of us? I thought American men were supposed to be irresistibly exciting and virile. That's what my cousin says but she's rather odd.
>>
>>28474211
Honestly, you are probably better of staying single your entire life than marrying some random weirdo from /r9k/ of all places.
>>
>>28474211
Are you a virgin? otherwise what's the point
>>
>>28474350
>I'm the le expection though! r9k right guys?
>>
>>28474211
Where from the middle east?
>>
>>28469908
grass is greener etc.
>>
>>28466381
>>>/Pol/73595117
>>
Just immigrate illegally :^)
Worst case scenario you have to go back
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.