[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: TTVGBTGRTRGF.png (3 KB, 750x383) Image search: [Google]
TTVGBTGRTRGF.png
3 KB, 750x383
Ask anything.

Report on your current progress.
>>
File: 1369639677811.jpg (132 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1369639677811.jpg
132 KB, 1080x720
skelebumpfornick
>>
File: 1451420680266.jpg (317 KB, 650x2600) Image search: [Google]
1451420680266.jpg
317 KB, 650x2600
>>27599058

Thanks!

Oooriringingingal
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
Guide!
>>
whenever i get the motivation to lift i spend the next few days in agony barely able to move my arms and i feel like absolute shit and start to cry

is there any way around this unbearable pain or do i have to fight through it?
>>
>>27598771
>Report on your current progress.
I'm waiting on another bag of my magic chocolate powder so I can start gaining again
>>
>>27599599

DOMS? Delayed onset muscular soreness.

They're normal, and they go away. Lift lighter, and less, at the beginning. Your body will learn very fast.

I got extreme DOMS when I started doing chinups, but the second session didn't cause doms at all. My body learned about it before and very quickly processed that stuff.

Make sure you don't lift too heavy, or too much, or too long. Reduce it to more bearable intensities, and within a week, you'll be able to do more and have less pain.
>>
>>27599609
>I'm waiting on another bag of my magic chocolate powder so I can start gaining again

My favourite too. Been eating banana-flavoured shit for an eternity now because my beloved woman found two massive jars of the stuff for 50 cent a piece. I hate banana now.

But don't stop working out, you can get protein from plenty of other things in the meantime: eggs, meat, etc.
>>
File: Pepe.jpg (72 KB, 760x752) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.jpg
72 KB, 760x752
I'm still here, doing other things, keeping an eye on this thread.

If you want to make me happy, post some Pepe.
>>
File: image.jpg (455 KB, 1800x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455 KB, 1800x2000
Originality originalism originalagasm oregano
>>
>>27599958

Some quality spaghetti! Laughed hard.
>>
>>27598771
Hey Nick!

I'm 25 years old, ~177cm tall and my weight is 125kg, and I wanna lose ~40kg and become stronger. Should I do Stronglifts 5x5 while being a landwhale like this? What else do you recommend to move around? I can't run without injuring myself (I tried)... I also used to be taller (182cm), how can I get that back?

Thanks!
>>
>>27600287
> I also used to be taller (182cm), how can I get that back?

By standing straight you fucking subhuman
>>
>>27600297
I'm standing as straight as possible when I'm measuring my height and I got shorter over the years...
>>
File: prog.png (1 MB, 1018x563) Image search: [Google]
prog.png
1 MB, 1018x563
Ask me anything, bros
>>
File: example.jpg (187 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
187 KB, 1240x1754
>>27600287
>I wanna lose ~40kg and become stronger.

I don't recommend starting stronglifts right away, no, and even then, you may be better doing SS instead.

To lose the fat, I recommend counting your calories, daily, and calculating your daily requirement:

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Calculate the basal rate, report back.

After that, use pic related, or anything else, to weigh yourself every morning after peepee/poopoo, to keep an eye on your weight and make that become a habit.

In the beginning, you must write down all your calories to keep an eye on them.

For now, you don't even have to start working out. I'd rather you start slowly but surely, than try too many things and get bored of them.

[email protected]

This is my dedicated e-mail address for this board. That way you can keep in touch whenever you want.

(The offer is open to all of you, of course.)

And do read the guide! I'll answer more if you have more questions.
>>
Hey guy's. Just wanna say getting fit isn't all about going to the gym and going crazy with weights. For those of you that want to be fit without lifting and putting in bulky muscle, all you need to do is KEEP MOVING. Start playing a sport daily or some other physical Activity like running or riding a bike.
Just keep your body moving, drink plenty water, eat healthier.
Pro tip: apples help get rid of belly fat
>>
>>27600424
>Pro tip: apples help get rid of belly fat
No
>>
>>27600353
Very nice. How much pussy do you get weekly
>>
>>27600353

Kinda doubt the 17 and 18 pics. 17 looks like it's much older, also due to image quality.

Kinda doubt you'd have a quality phone by 18, but some 80's film quality just one year before.

I also doubt such a progression is even possible in a single year.

I could be wrong but that's my humble opinion.
>>
>>27600353
fake/10
>>
>>27600424

One needs to have more precise goals.

I need to undo some misconceptions you have: doing weights doesn't have to invariably lead to being huge. All of that is under control and you choose what you want.

The difference is more between cardio and strength than anything else.

Just be aware of what you want and know the different paths. Someone who wants to get strong won't benefit from cardio, and vice versa.

The kind of advice you give can be very frustrating for people who have clear goals. If all one wants is lose fat, then sure, you can do pretty much anything and it will burn calories, although some activities burn far more than others.
>>
>>27600436
literally 0
>>27600438
>>27600446
It's not fake. I don't really see the point in arguing the contrary, but it's genuine.
>>
>>27600353
when do you think you get cancer or shit ?
>>
>>27600424
>Pro tip: apples help get rid of belly fat

That doesn't make any sense, in any way. Apples contain some calories. Apples, for a 100g, contain 50 calories or around.

Not eating an apple will help lose "belly fat" more than eating one.

Also, you won't lose fat in targeted areas. Your body will tap into reserves from all over, proportionally. You will lose belly fat equally with the rest, and probably last, if that's where your body stores the most fat.
>>
>>27600359
my BMR is 2236. my main problem is sweet drinks, especially tea (as sweet as nestea), which I've been drinking since I was a little kid, which has resulted in sugar and caffeine addiction. how can I stop without extreme withdrawal symptoms that would fuck me up even more?
>>
>>27600532
Just drink diet soft drinks. The whole thing about artificial sweeteners being bad for you is a meme. They taste worse, yeah, but you'll get used to it eventually and the payoff with be worth it.
>>
>>27600433
Fine. You don't have to eat apples then. Different things work for different people
>>
File: 11.jpg (21 KB, 245x183) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
21 KB, 245x183
>>27600353
>1 year transformation

sure thing, you roiding monkey. It took ZYZZ 3 years even with steroids.
>>
>>27600532
>my BMR is 2236.

Aim for 1800 max a day.

See how things go, write down your morning weight every day, and don't be bothered by changes too much: things can vary by a kilo and a half even when you're losing fat (water weight, food you ate, etc, all that can add/remove some weight).

> my main problem is sweet drinks

Dude, stop. Honestly, cutting this alone will do lots. That shit is so calorific, for absolutely no reason. Drop the sweet drinks altogether. Except not completely, never completely cut something you love, but make it special. I love nestea too, but make it an exception, not the norm. Count the calories too.

>how can I stop without extreme withdrawal symptoms that would fuck me up even more?

Drink less. Consider mixing it with water. Slowly phase out of it. Give it time. You won't need it sooner than you know.

As to withdrawal, don't think much of it. It's mostly bullshit. I've quit much harder shit without wanting to go back, and hospital patients can quit morphine cold turkey and never think of it as an addiction either.

Just lower radically, don't cut out entirely. Keep a good balance, test what you can do, if you can, do it for a while, until you feel you can take the next step. Do this in every area, and you'll advance with certainty and confidence, and results will follow.
>>
>>27600574
>you roiding monkey
Correct, but I have better genetics that zyzz
>>
>>27600598
>one year transformation

Stop bullshitting, you autistic faggot.
>>
>>27600551

Aspartame is still better for you than drinking shitloads of really sweet drinks, I agree. I drink some Coke Zero when I feel like it. In the long run, it's still far better for you than too much real sugar. I agree.
>>
>>27600567
>Fine. You don't have to eat apples then. Different things work for different people

I'll have to agree with the other guy, this is a thing that works the same for everybody:

>fat is stored energy
>energy is measured in calories
>apples contain calories
>eating them only adds calories
>losing fat comes from eating less calories than you need per day

There's no reason for apples to reduce any fat, anywhere.
>>
>>27600604
Why would I bother lying, bruh? Even if that was a 5+ year progression it'd still be fairly impressive.
>>
Some 50 year old "fit" guy told me to stop eating meat, flour, dairy, caffeine, salt and sugar to be healthier. He said the human body wasn't designed to eat meat (yet he eats fish) How accurate is this?
>>
>>27600574

I feel far happier than I should be when I get Pepes.
>>
>>27600353
Why do you take steroid? You said youself, you don't get pussy, you fuck with you organism, you are a walking muscle mountain, and you can't do anything remotely useful with them, so why do all this?
>>
>>27600645
I compete in shows, so it's worth it for me personally.
>>
>>27600667
Okay, you compete in a way and probably win, but what in the long run? I did some fucked up shit during my teenage years, and none of them effected me as much as the steroids will you and i'd still like to null some of them. SO do you ever think in the long run or are you just going for short term gratification?
>>
>>27600634
>Some 50 year old "fit" guy told me to stop eating meat, flour, dairy, caffeine, salt and sugar to be healthier. He said the human body wasn't designed to eat meat (yet he eats fish) How accurate is this?

It's pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Your body is a monster machine that will extract energy from almost anything and store the excess as fat so you can spend days without any energy intake.

If the body wasn't designed to eat meat, you couldn't eat meat. It's that simple.

Life feeds on life, that's how it evolved. I eat meat fairly often and it's good stuff.
>>
>>27600667
You got a hot body plus decent face AND you compete in shows which means you're comfortable in front of a crowd of people but can't get pussy?.... Bruh
>>
>>27600705
There are ways to take steroids safely and healthily. It's a misconception that they'll 100% kill you if you take them. There are risks, sure, but if you're smart and informed there's no reason that roiding should effect your health very much at all.

Anyway, unless someone is actually thinking about getting on gear I was more intending to answer questions about training and diet rather than derailing the thread like this.
>>
>>27600739

Still, if I "cheated", I'd feel bad about my gainz, so I don't. It's for health concerns too, but being able to be proud of my efforts is a requirement in my case.
>>
>>27600710
Yea he's a preacher so he's kinda crazy. Thanks
>>
>>27600750
I don't really consider it cheating seeing as my attention to diet and training has to much more intense than the average, but that's up to personal perception.
>It's for health concerns too
Like I said, if you're smart and informed there are essentially no health risks. Maybe like a cigarette every few days types of risk, we're talking.
>>
>>27600596
I've already tried "just" cutting them out, it made my already shitty anger management (BPD) even worse... since that I don't have my own computer.

My addiction is so advanced that when I try to go with clean water I'll drink too much and still feel "thirsty" (I know it's not real thirst but I lack the proper word). I also tried making my tea with less sugar but it was so disgusting I couldn't drink it at all.

Carbonated water helps a bit actually (I frequently get some bottled) so I bought a soda machine yesterday so I can have "unlimited" supply of it. Hopefully it will help me a lot.
>>
>>27600790
try sugar free soft drinks, dude
>>
>>27600634
You'd have herbivore teeth (like sheep) if that was the case, not omnivore ones like chimps (they eat smaller monkeys sometimes) or pigs.
>>
>>27598771
I have become stronger and my arms have become bigger. How do I make my stomach less fat looking quickly
>>
Getting fit is useless if you are short, ugly or have a small dick. Why do you still advocate it despite that?
>>
>>27600974
ORLY? how about defending yourself from gypsies?
>>
>>27600974
>getting fit for girls
Getting fit makes literally everything easier. Objects feel lighter, distances seem shorter, you even think better. You'll note all pro gamers exercise regularly, because you can't compete if you don't.
>>
>>27601007
Getting fit won't help you with that. Gypsies attack in packs. Even a fit and trained man is going to have trouble fending off multiple attackers at once. And gypsy groups can be as large as few dozen shitskins.
>>
>>27601013
>You'll note all pro gamers exercise regularly
That's not true and you know it.
>>
>>27601020
you can still run away, but if you're obese you WILL be beaten up and/or raped by them
>>
>>27601047
Fair enough. Although people usually don't manage to run away. The few times I had a run-in with gypsies they usually tried to circle me and get behind my back so I couldn't run away.

Still, it doesn't happen that often.
>>
>>27600964
>I have become stronger and my arms have become bigger. How do I make my stomach less fat looking quickly

Increase calorific deficit. Just eat less calories, basically.
>>
>>27600964
stop eating tbqh
>>
>>27600974
>Getting fit is useless if you are short, ugly or have a small dick. Why do you still advocate it despite that?

The first part is completely false. Being short, ugly, and having a small dick, won't prevent all the benefits from being fit to be yours. Name a single health benefit you won't get because of being ugly, short, and short-dicked, just one.
>>
>>27601082
that works on fearful and slow targets only... you can knock one off and run away if you're fit.
>>
>>27601115
Health benefits don't matter.

>>27601121
Confirmed to never been in a fight before.
>>
>>27601142
>Health benefits don't matter.

They do. Any of the benefits that count as benefits for you can't be had if you're dead.
>>
5'11" went from 207 lbs to 195. In the past few months. Looking to lose another 15 and then bulk.
>>
>>27601161
Lots of work for pretty much nothing, is all I'm saying.
>>
i've been chubby for 10 years (5'9, 76 kg)

will i get a good looking face/body after it lose it of will my skin be loose after being chubfuck for so long?
>>
File: 1427564570780.jpg (68 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
1427564570780.jpg
68 KB, 500x396
is
>le no carbs meme
just that, a meme?

because i never cut out carbs, still eat the same shit as i did bulking, i just eat less of it and i've lost 30 pounds and i havent lost much strength
>>
>>27601200
if you want to look flat forever cut out carbs
>>
>>27601184
>Lots of work for pretty much nothing, is all I'm saying.

Honestly, not that much work for shitloads of good. I work out 3 times a week, and I take a little more time than the average, about an hour and a half, but you can get great results with only 45 minutes per session. It's not that much, is it? 2 hours and 15 minutes per week, out of 168 hours in a week, not that much at all.

>pretty much nothing

Do you even know the benefits? You don't seem to know what you're talking about, at all.
>>
Just lift till someone loves you, works like a charm ;^)
>>
File: 1365287002873.jpg (62 KB, 665x400) Image search: [Google]
1365287002873.jpg
62 KB, 665x400
>>27601192
>will i get a good looking face/body after it lose it of will my skin be loose after being chubfuck for so long?

You will. Being chubby is far, far from the point of no return. Have no fear, your skin can handle it easily.
>>
>>27601237
That's delusional.

>implying it matters.
>>
>>27601200

It is just a meme, but since it's about cutting calories (carbs have calories too), then it can "work", but that's a secondary thing. There's no need to cut out carbs. It's mostly a fad for the health industry. They need new things all the time, but human bodies don't change.

>i just eat less of it and i've lost 30 pounds and i havent lost much strength

Doing the right thing. That's all there is to it (but that's not complicated enough to sell diets about it, see?).
>>
>>27601142
because I managed to talk myself out of all situations so far :)
>>
>>27601255
the difference in his face between 2nd and 3rd stage is impressive, losing these last 15% of bodyfat really makes a huge difference
>>
>>27601255
Sugar guy here, and one more question: how much weight should I lose before starting SS or SL?
>>
File: adsf.jpg (37 KB, 621x768) Image search: [Google]
adsf.jpg
37 KB, 621x768
>tfw big hips male

Can never look aesthetically pleasing
>>
>5'7, sometimes 5'6.5 on a bad day

what the FUCK is the literal point of lifting when i'll just be considered overcompensating? should i just wear 2 inch lifts, making me 5'9 at least?
>>
>>27598771
How long would it take to work up to being able to do this daily?

https://piercedvisions.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/the-mas-oyama-workout/

or this
.bjjee.com/articles/the-legend-masahiko-kimuras-amazing-training-routine/
>>
>Weight 15 1/2 stone
>Started weighting myself every morning, as well as trying to eat less and doing 50 star jumps every day
>Every day am seeing slight fluctuations for the better on the scales

Not sure if it's all in my head but it is encouraging.
>>
>>27601349
>overcompensating
only if you take steroids and get too big

once you start lifting you'll realize how hard it actually is to look like an ovecompensating meathead
>>
Ohp has been stuck on 40kg for a while now. How do i get it to improve?
>>
>>27601336
iktfb

Im trying to fill the gap between my hips and shoulders in with muscle, its kind of working but i have a long way to go, it ruins the look of my body and means i cant go swimming

gives me a fucking good dl though
>>
>>27601567
this

most of the big "meathead" guys, either on steroids or the bigger naturals, spent like 2-3 years in cocoon mode bulking up and looking like a cave troll before cutting the fat off and becoming ripped, it's pretty hard, physically and mentally
>>
can anyone recommend a good beginner bodyweight fitness routine without need for equipment or where makeshift equipment will do
>>
>>27601718
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness
>>
File: 20160311_200825-1-1.jpg (1 MB, 1944x1139) Image search: [Google]
20160311_200825-1-1.jpg
1 MB, 1944x1139
Steroids, gh and slin user here. If you have any questions, brobots, just ask
>>
>>27601756
Is it safe to start juicing if I just turned 21?
>>
>>27601263
>That's delusional.

You don't specificy what is delusional. It doesn't matter since neither statement was delusional.

If it didn't matter, you wouldn't spend time in this thread, so either acknowledge that something matters to you, whatever that may be, or kindly get the fuck out. I've used out my patience for the entire month already.
>>
File: 1452622873599.png (715 KB, 1027x608) Image search: [Google]
1452622873599.png
715 KB, 1027x608
>>27601314
>the difference in his face between 2nd and 3rd stage is impressive, losing these last 15% of bodyfat really makes a huge difference

It does. You can barely recognise people sometimes.
>>
>>27601779
It's different for everyone. Typically people say to wait until you've through puberty. I didn't start til I was 24. I'm 29 now. I guess honestly ask yourself if you're done with puberty (if you think you are at 21... you're not) and then decide. You have heaps of time and reaching your natural limit should be a determining factor too.
>>
>>27601320
>Sugar guy here, and one more question: how much weight should I lose before starting SS or SL?

Technically, you don't have to wait. I would, however, advise starting with dumbbells, with very low weights, just to get used to lifting stuff.

Additional weight is a problem for body weight exercises and such, also running, etc. You may want to focus on losing the weight before you start SS or some such thing for real. Can you swim? Can you do eliptical machines? There are ways to do cardio without impacting your joints too much. Diet will remain the main thing, though.
>>
>>27601349
>what the FUCK is the literal point of lifting when i'll just be considered overcompensating?

There's no point in living if what others think prevent you from existing.

Trust me, they don't care that much about you. A fleeting thought at most, and then it's gone. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>27601367
>https://piercedvisions.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/the-mas-oyama-workout/

First impression is that it's retarded. 200 pushups, 300 arm exercises... It'd take you a long time to get past the first 20 reps of anything, but after that, it becomes an endurance problem, and things go faster after that. There's just very little point in doing 300 of anything, except for cardio.

Personally, I'd stay away from these things. The best programs tend to be simpler, less spectacular, and not that difficult to follow.
>>
>>27598771
>implying you'll know the answer
I'm trying to get bigger shoulders, but no matter what I do, I can't help growing my biceps and triceps - something I very much DO NOT want to do. How to get big delts without big arms? And don't give me that "HURR U DUN WANT BIG ARMS WAT WRONG WIF U?", because big arms look like complete shit.
>>
>>27601834
I wanna do cycling for cardio, either in a gym or maybe even outside. I used to swim as a child but they don't make good swimming glasses anymore (the ones that literally stick to your face) and the water always gets in my eyes. (And can't swim blindly because I'm afraid of collision).

As of losing before lifting: you already told me that, but wait till what? 100kg? 90? 80? I'm the kind of guy who needs the full plan before going for it.
>>
>>27601553
>Not sure if it's all in my head but it is encouraging.

Not in your head. I experience the same exact thing: it fluctuates but steadily goes down. It's working. The fluctuation is due to what you eat, that is, the weight of the food you're eating, and water, etc.

Keep going!
>>
>>27601869
Not OP, but what's your current shoulder program look like? Also, I can understand your triceps developing as a result of the pressing movements performed when hitting the front delt... but your biceps shouldn't be recruited in ANY shoulder movement.
>>
>>27601832
Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll wait a few more years since I hit puberty pretty late. It's so hard to resist though, because the natty gains are getting really slow.
>>
>>27601869
your only hope for big shoulders is to start jerking off random dudes but that shouldn't be a problem for you 'cause you're clearly a humongous faggot
>>
>>27601573
>Ohp has been stuck on 40kg for a while now. How do i get it to improve?

Try doing extra reps. That's what I do when I don't want to load up: I do some more reps. All the way to 10. Then I load up.

Often, I realise later that even with the new load, I can still go to 8 or even ten.

Remember: just because you're not loading up doesn't mean you're not improving. Lifts become easier, strength is still growing; it just takes time.
>>
>>27601869
not op but try seated military press with a barbell, wide grip for front delts.

close grip works more triceps. to get big side delts, do heavy dumbbell one arm lateral raises coupled with light double arm lateral raises to neck height, strict form

for rear delts, do bent over dumbbell raises, you'll have to use lmaobbyweight but focus on squeezing your rear delts
>>
>>27601634
>it's pretty hard, physically and mentally

And it's mostly useless, since fat is literally unused energy. It's the stuff your body doesn't need, so it saves it for later. The idea behind bulking is to ensure that your body has all it needs to grow: any layer of fat is indicative that your body has more than it needs. Once you know that, you don't need more evidence that it has all it needs.
>>
File: 1450002820394.jpg (922 KB, 1562x4158) Image search: [Google]
1450002820394.jpg
922 KB, 1562x4158
>>27601718

When you can do 20 of a thing, move up.

Free weights work better than bodyweight, but I'd still recommendy BW with stuff like pushups, especially if you can't do 20.
>>
>>27601869

This is what I get:

Front press with bar
Behind the neck press with bar
Side laterals with dumbbells
Upright rows with bar

Behind the neck stuff is risky and not everyone can do it, and I don't advise it. These exercises supposedly isolate shoulders, but I don't know that it's a good idea. Just consider these and do some more research on it, as I'm not expert on isolation.
>>
>>27601891
>I wanna do cycling for cardio, either in a gym or maybe even outside. I used to swim as a child but they don't make good swimming glasses anymore (the ones that literally stick to your face) and the water always gets in my eyes. (And can't swim blindly because I'm afraid of collision).

You can find a good brand of swimming goggles, I am sure, just ask around.

>As of losing before lifting: you already told me that, but wait till what? 100kg? 90? 80? I'm the kind of guy who needs the full plan before going for it.

I'd say until you can squat decently without killing your knees. When you can do 20 squats, on empty, and your knees don't hurt, then that should be all right.
>>
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71 KB, 698x749) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71 KB, 698x749
Remember: calorie control is essential.
>>
>>27601971
No rear delt work?

Any unlike a lot of other body parts, rep range is crucial in shoulder work as it typically has a higher ratio of fast twitch fibres
>>
>>27602097

I can't help much more on that issue: my entire work out is based on compound movements, I seek to never isolate anything, so I don't have much knowledge on that.
>>
More Pepes are required!
>>
>>27602112
Any specific reason? I agree compounds are essential and cannot be substituted - but as far as I can see for optimal development, a mix of compounds and isolation has always been necessary.
>>
>>27601991
Thanks for all your help! :)

> You have been muted for 2 seconds because your comment was not as original as a shitty algorithm would like it to be.
>>
I've been walking quickly for around an hour a day and doing 50 girl pushups (too weak to do the full ones) and have lost around 4 pounds in a few days. I think this is promising.
>>
>>27602171
>Any specific reason?

Mainly because I prefer to maximise my time and do compounds that will work several areas at the same time rather than spend entire sessions more to get other isolated parts to work; it's also because I like to think that "functional" strength is preferable and looks better in the end. So, for now, I don't isolate anything, but I also assume isolation has its good use, for more advanced people.

My work out takes easily two hours, and I don't have that much variety for now, so I make the most of the time I have, and that's generally compounds. I do calf raises lately, though, so I guess that counts as isolation.
>>
>>27602186

Very welcome! Keep me updated on how it goes, you have my address.

It's important to have someone on the side keeping an eye on you, it helps for motivation.
>>
>>27602212
>I've been walking quickly for around an hour a day and doing 50 girl pushups (too weak to do the full ones) and have lost around 4 pounds in a few days. I think this is promising.

It is promising. As long as you keep doing it, you can expect big results.

Now, 50 girl pushups, that's a lot. I'm starting to wonder how you do them exactly, because if you do them right, from the knees, forward, being able to do 10 should allow you to do a classic pushup, at least. Are you sure you're going forward enough? Try a classic one, even if it's just one.

>hands at nip level or close to it, not directly under the shoulders

That's very important, otherwise your elbows will suffer.

Your arms should make a 45 angle from your body, not 90.

Walking quickly is fine, but try running for a little bit, then run again, if your knees can take it, of course.

>can't do the degree symbol
>>
>>27602231

How many days a week do you train? What's your program?

I appreciate your goals and best of luck in achieving them. I've always lifted as a bodybuilder so it's a foreign concept to me to not isolate.
>>
>>27601900
Mostly lateral raises. But I've also worked my pecs with flies and tend to masturbate at some point within the span of time after my workout when my muscles are fatigued so I don't know that might have something to do with it. I avoid presses for this very reason. I've actually tried to sort of invent new versions of raises that disengage the biceps and triceps as much as possible, but it seems nearly impossible to do this. I'm also some sort of bizarre mutant, I think. My biceps and pecs and many other muscles grow with insane speed if I work them even a little bit, but my shoulders are much slower even though I focus on them. My biceps also seem to engage to some degree for stabilization during lateral raises.

>>27601907
Jerking off is just giving me big biceps.

>>27601917
I tend to overwork my front delts also. That's why I don't focus AT ALL on some muscle groups like my legs, biceps or triceps or anterior head of delts. They all grow too fast for the other muscle groups to keep up. Even when I'm deliberately trying to exclude them and focus on the ones I want to grow. My arms are already getting so large I want them to stop but my shoulders have only grown slightly.

>do heavy dumbbell one arm lateral raises coupled with light double arm lateral raises to neck height, strict form
This is basically my entire shoulder workout. What do you mean by "strict form"? I also try to keep my arms completely straight although I know that's not typical, because otherwise I catch my arm muscles assisting in the lift during lateral raises.

>for rear delts, do bent over dumbbell raises, you'll have to use lmaobbyweight but focus on squeezing your rear delts
Unfortunately, it's VERY difficult to work my rear delts without working my triceps. And they look like shit anyway. I have pretty big biceps and triceps, but I think because I'm not targeting them they look sort of flabby. Or maybe that's just because I haven't cut enough yet.
>>
>>27602309
Thanks for the tips on the pushups and the walking and running bit man. My dogbro would enjoy a bit of running on the walks even if I can't keep up for that long.

As for the pushup advice, I'll try it today and hopefully it'll enable me to do a real one within the week. Ah, hopefully that is. I'm pretty weak and if I go into classic pushup position I have trouble holding it let alone actually doing a pushup.
>>
>>27601971
I don't have a bar and I'm neither buying one nor going to a gym. I have plenty of free weights. And I don't know why everyone keeps recommending bar exercises anyway, since they almost by design work your arms with your delts.
>>
>>27602321

I try to train every other day or every 3 days at most. That's generally 3 times a week.

My program changed a lot over time. Right now, I'm doing variations on this:

>military presses
>calf raises
>pushups
>shrugs
>chinups
>rows

Sometimes I don't even do the shrugs or rows, it depends on the time and energy I have left. I do pushups because I can still gain from that exercise, but past 20, I'll switch to bench presses. I'm preparing for it, if you will.

Chinups, I can do 5 now, and 2 months ago, I couldn't do a single one, and never thought I'd be able to do that. Now I can do 5, as opposed to 4 only last week, so the progress there is amazing, to me. I'm very happy with it!

Same with pushups: couldn't do 1 in the beginning, now I can do 10 classic pushups. What I'm doing works, and physically, I feel the change too. Especially in my back, since the chinups, it's like I'm growing an armor in there. Feels good.
>>
File: 1459668270297.jpg (82 KB, 752x960) Image search: [Google]
1459668270297.jpg
82 KB, 752x960
Everything is fucked in this world, I gave up on losing weight. No amount of weight loss will make her love me.
>>
>>27600974

This, it's like polishing a turd.
>>
>>27601938
Can I ask for something similar but for a gym? I'm pretty dumb
>>
File: 443.jpg (96 KB, 645x739) Image search: [Google]
443.jpg
96 KB, 645x739
>Tfw do SS for about 4 months now
>gaining mass
>was a literal twig
>still skinny but gained a lot of weight and way stronger than i ever was.

Feels really good being able to OHP 60kg at 75kg body weight. But no gf to boast my lifts to.
>>
>>27602389
Not only have I given up on life, but I've actually more or less seen all possible futures for me and they all eat massive elephant loads of shit. I'm not working out for anyone but myself. I want my body to look the way I want. If you're doing it for any other reason, it's basically pointless. Especially if you have a shitty life with no social support.
>>
>>27602372
>As for the pushup advice, I'll try it today and hopefully it'll enable me to do a real one within the week. Ah, hopefully that is. I'm pretty weak and if I go into classic pushup position I have trouble holding it let alone actually doing a pushup.

That's another way to strengthen: hold the position.

Trust me, I couldn't do a single pushups originally. Not one. Later, it hurt my elbows too much (bad form too), but now, I can do ten no prob. Strength grows and it's amazing to see.

Just focus on doing your girl pushups with perfect form, it should be a bit too hard for you to do 50, or maybe you're not very heavy, but in that case, a normal pushup should be feasible.

Good luck with that!
>>
>>27602374
>And I don't know why everyone keeps recommending bar exercises anyway, since they almost by design work your arms with your delts.

Well that's the reason right there: it's great for compound movements that ask much of the body to work. That's exactly why people like the bar.
>>
Here's a question for you. I am not particularly committed to fitness but I started doing personal training with my GF last summer. We do two one-hour sessions a week unless something comes up and we have to skip a session. That is about the sum-total of the exercise I get, and I'm fine with that.

I've been a skinny weakling all my life and while it used to bother me that every dude I know is stronger than I am, it doesn't anymore. The point of the personal training for me is just to get regular exercise for the first time in my life. The fact that it's a regular appointment with someone I'm paying makes it a serious commitment and makes it harder to weasel out of.

All that being said, here is the question. Do you feel as though this sort of exercise regimen would noticeably improve my strength and/or physique over time? Would it plateau after a certain amount of time? What time frames would you say I would notice an improvement over? Like, after a year or two I'd notice some real visually-recognizable improvement, and then I would just maintain that new body? I will point out that the trainer is very good about improving the intensity of the exercises as I get better at them.
>>
>>27602389
>Everything is fucked in this world, I gave up on losing weight. No amount of weight loss will make her love me.

Correct.

Now, if you don't love yourself first, nobody else will, because people will always trust your own judgement of yourself, and if you don't love yourself enough to get fit as fuck, then why should they love you at all?

Normies especially. They know you have access to yourself all the time, and if you judge yourself badly, you're probably right, they will think. Things are much more complicated, but in the end, if you show them what you think of yourself, and it's bad, they'll follow suit readily.

So the first thing to do here, isn't to seek her love, fuck that. Seek your own love, and to be able to do that, you must actually make it so that your love is worth something, and that you yourself are worth something.

Don't give up on weight loss, give up on her.

Drop it all and focus on the good stuff. Ironically, the day you truly give up on the secondary stuff, they come back to you.
>>
File: 1459534785815.png (44 KB, 332x279) Image search: [Google]
1459534785815.png
44 KB, 332x279
>>27602524
>Now, if you don't love yourself first, nobody else will

post discarded
>>
>>27602409

Excuses. Ugly faces and short dicks don't matter that much to women. They may love a big dick, but if you're valuable in other ways, they can easily disregard either things.

What they can't discard, though, is if you act like a bitch yourself and worry about your appearance, like a woman do. Nothing is more pussy repellent for a woman than to see herself in a man.
>>
>>27602454
Man, thanks for the motivation and inspiration I'm happy I'm not the only one struggling with this. I really hope that I can build up my strength so I can do a pushup. As stupid as that sounds that's my goal. I'm actually around 200 pounds of pure fat which is pretty heavy but I have hopes to turn it around. When I was a teen I was around 300 pounds and lost like 150 so this shouldn't be as intense.

It's good of you to do this for a bunch of robots that don't have too much hope in their lives. Thanks for that.
>>
>>27602411
>Can I ask for something similar but for a gym?

What's your goal precisely? Depending on what you want, you don't need a whole chart.
>>
File: 20160402_004112.jpg (310 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20160402_004112.jpg
310 KB, 1280x960
>>27602380
Sounds like a fucked up caloric deficit SS program, would not recommend. Why not get people in here to actually work on their strength and disregard bullshit body-weight exercises like pushup's?

I'm this guy > >>27602436

Litrelly every fucker in here who wants to gain muscle / Strength should get the fuck on SS right now. I'm going to hit a bro-split after a few more months.

I'm telling you fuckers, i blew up doing SS, i was LITERAL FUCKING TWIGLET, I'm still thin but strong enough to out-lift must people in here easy as fuck.
>>
>>27602549

t. tall guy with a big dick

you have no fucking idea how it is, get the fuck out of here and seek your good person points elsewhere you cockwad
>>
>>27602447
>Not only have I given up on life,

You haven't. People who give up on life kill themselves and never talk about it.

There's hope for as long as you breathe. No excuses.

> I'm not working out for anyone but myself. I want my body to look the way I want. If you're doing it for any other reason, it's basically pointless. Especially if you have a shitty life with no social support.

All right, I thought you were trying to defend not doing anything. I don't call that giving up on life. Maybe social life, but even that can be helped.
>>
>>27602572
What the fuck is SS? Not everyone knows your insider jargon.
>>
>>27602564
I want to build overall strength, I'm skinny right now. Thanks
>>
File: 1371771008517.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1371771008517.png
5 KB, 645x773
>>27602594

Strength training, you hippopotamus. I do the one by mark rippetoe.
>>
>>27602586
I have multiple friends who are short and have GFs. I don't know what their dick size is but dick size is such a fucking non-factor anyway. If you're at the point that she's going to see your dick then she's not going to run away because it isn't 7''x7'' or whatever the fuck.
>>
File: 1455650557513.jpg (248 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1455650557513.jpg
248 KB, 560x560
>>27602572
>tfw lifted for 3 years, never did a linear strength program, and often see people with smaller muscles than me lifting heavier weight

it's a weird feel
>>
>>27602614
>I have multiple friends who are short and have GFs

>le I know a short guy with multiple gfs meme

I keep hearing about these mythical creatures and I've yet to see one of them.
>>
File: 1459532546352.png (147 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
1459532546352.png
147 KB, 358x310
>>27602614
>such a fucking non-factor anyway

keep telling yourself that dicklet
>>
>>27602496
>Do you feel as though this sort of exercise regimen would noticeably improve my strength and/or physique over time?

I'd need to know exactly what you do in those sessions, but my prediction is that it doesn't do shit for strength, is mostly cardio, and just maintains your body with what it has for now. I could be wrong.

I also think you don't need to pay anybody for that. We'll see.

>Would it plateau after a certain amount of time?

Unless you're lifting weights with that personal trainer, you're probably plateauing right now. I'll need more details.

>What time frames would you say I would notice an improvement over?

Problem is that ANY program will show you improvements when it's the first thing you do, because any exercise is better than none. Realistically, you should see improvement within weeks. In the beginning, things go fast. You should notice a bulge of biceps after a month if not before. It depends where you start from.

>Like, after a year or two I'd notice some real visually-recognizable improvement,

Long before that if what you do is efficient. I've wasted a year over bullshit and was happy with my improvement; I had no idea you could go much faster doing things right.

>and then I would just maintain that new body?

Up to you. Normally, if you continue progressing, lifting heavier, etc, you continue evolving too.

> I will point out that the trainer is very good about improving the intensity of the exercises as I get better at them.

I don't like that, depending on what you mean. I'd like details on what this trainer makes you do, thanks!
>>
>>27602641
So because you haven't seen short guys with GFs from your mom's basement, they don't exist and people are just lying to you for no reason? Nice.

>>27602647
Retarded straight men care 100x more about dick size than 95% of women. It's a dumb meme.
>>
>>27602659
>So because you haven't seen short guys with GFs from your mom's basemen

Nice projection, I have a job and go out constantly.

>Retarded straight men care 100x more about dick size than 95% of women. It's a dumb meme.

kek
>>
>>27602656
I'd say about 1/3 of the training time is cardio (ladder machine, stair machine, rock wall machine, ski machine, sometimes a rower / mechanical treadmill) and 2/3 is strength training (various dumbell exercises, pull-down exercises and chops on a pulley weight machine, dead lifts with a barbell, various kinds of squats, crunches on an ab mat with a weight, step-ups holding a weight, other stuff).
>>
File: coffee3.jpg (44 KB, 387x329) Image search: [Google]
coffee3.jpg
44 KB, 387x329
>>27602627

It's even funnier when I'm at gym and out lift more than bigger guys and witness it my self and see them looking, but i don't say anything and only think about my self with my music blasting.

Doing SS i only concentrate on three things, form, weights, food. I add weights to all my exercises weekly if i can, about 1-2kg increments. Though one thing to watch out for with SS is your forearms and shoulders, both blow the fuck up.

Doing weighted pull-ups and chin-ups is going to give me gorilla forearms soon.
>>
>>27602537

Nobody likes self-pity. And nobody likes someone who thinks like a loser either, or is a loser. You can test that theory out for years, it will never fail.
>>
>>27602698

You are in the wrong board fuckwad, go back to fucking reddit if you wanna seem like a good person and collect karma.
>>
>>27602659
>Retarded straight men care 100x more about dick size than 95% of women. It's a dumb meme.

As a woman can confirm. It's not the size it's what you do with it.
>>
>>27602558
>Man, thanks for the motivation and inspiration I'm happy I'm not the only one struggling with this.

Most of the people who aren't struggling aren't even trying. Keep that in mind.

>I really hope that I can build up my strength so I can do a pushup.

My exact thought not too long ago. Just one. Now I can do 10 of the fuckers, and so will you. Just keep at it, hold on, and it'll happen sooner than you expect.

>As stupid as that sounds that's my goal.

It doesn't sound stupid at all. A stupid goal is one you can't reach right away. 1 pushup has been my goal at one point. Don't worry, you'll make it.

> I'm actually around 200 pounds of pure fat which is pretty heavy but I have hopes to turn it around.

Counting calories and weighing daily will help. The heavier you are, the faster you can lose fat.

>It's good of you to do this for a bunch of robots that don't have too much hope in their lives. Thanks for that.

The pleasure is mine.
>>
>>27602732

Yeah, you'll definitely choose a 4 incher guy over a 7 one.
>>
>>27602572
>Sounds like a fucked up caloric deficit SS program,

I didn't mention any nutrition in that post.

>Why not get people in here to actually work on their strength and disregard bullshit body-weight exercises like pushup's?

Because if you can't do 20 pushups, you might as well train that way. I could lift the same way doing bench presses lifting the same weight, butwhat's the difference? You work more areas doing pushups, so as long as you are sufficiently heavy for yourself, it's a fine exercise. Past 20, it loses its strength efficiency, but I'm not there yet.

Besides, that post is about what *I* am doing, so I tell you. I'm gaining strength from doing pushups. It won't last forever, and I'm aware, but until then, it's good and efficient. If you can't do 20 of them, keep training with them.
>>
>>27602764
Why would I do that? For one thing getting to know a guy and his physical appearance is more important than his dick size, and for another thing a lot of women can't handle dicks that are too big because their vaginas can't handle it. Most women get off to clitoral stimulation which dick size is irrelevant to anyway.
>>
>>27602586
>you have no fucking idea how it is

I do know. You don't. There are literal dwarves out there who have slain more pussy than you, and they don't need any excuses.

>and seek your good person points elsewhere you cockwad

I'll gladly trade some good person points if you fuck right off.
>>
File: 1453659191745.jpg (70 KB, 587x356) Image search: [Google]
1453659191745.jpg
70 KB, 587x356
>>27602594

It's what most people do, whether they understand it or not.

It's basically pic related.
>>
>>27602799
>For one thing getting to know a guy and his physical appearance is more important than his dick size

My sides can't take this anymore.

>>27602818

You are the one needs to fuck off retarded normalshit.
>>
File: 1459543488074.jpg (6 KB, 298x259) Image search: [Google]
1459543488074.jpg
6 KB, 298x259
>>27602793
>I didn't mention any nutrition in that post.

It doesn't matter, your routine is fucking retarded. Even as a novice lifter i can see that. Come back when you incorporate a simple exercises like squats and dead-lifts.

>Because if you can't do 20 pushups, you might as well train that way. I could lift the same way doing bench presses lifting the same weight, butwhat's the difference? You work more areas doing pushups, so as long as you are sufficiently heavy for yourself, it's a fine exercise. Past 20, it loses its strength efficiency, but I'm not there yet.
>Besides, that post is about what *I* am doing, so I tell you. I'm gaining strength from doing pushups. It won't last forever, and I'm aware, but until then, it's good and efficient. If you can't do 20 of them, keep training with them.

Why not just stop being retarded and give them actual weights? 20 pushups wont return and end up making you able to bench 60 kilos because you did 20 clean pushups. I do them after all my training, mainly on bench days. I roughly do 2x50 before i leave the gym and that's only because i want to join the military.

You seem MORE novice then me bu giving out all this advice.
>>
>>27598771
>>27598771

110 lbs overhead press 3x6
150 lbs bench press 4x6
160 deadlift 4x6
330 lbs legpress 4x10
80 lbs 1x6 + 70 lbs 2x6 byceps curls
>>
>>27602614

This.

A big cock, like mine, is more of a problem than a small one. With a small cock, nothing is impossible for you: you can put it anywhere, etc. With a really big cock, some holes may remain forbidden to you, for health reasons, and you may hurt women with it, and that kills the fun.

I know people who literally lost girls because of big cocks.
>>
>>27600353
Natty?
La comment originale
>>
File: 1427304346356.jpg (67 KB, 450x365) Image search: [Google]
1427304346356.jpg
67 KB, 450x365
Monday, Friday - Running, C25K 30min
Tuesday, Thursday - Martial arts, Muay Thai, 1h
Saturday - Body weight exercises, 30min

Should I not train legs on saturday to let them recover from running the day before?

Will this combined with a proper diet eventually turn me into one of the pretty boys from the magazines?
>>
>>27602839
Here's your award for understanding women. You've sure earned it buddy, enjoy.
>>
>>27602647

He's right, though. By the time a woman knows your dick size, you're already having sex. Unless you dated a moron or an asshole (and were dumb enough not to realise, in which case you deserve to be punished), she won't just dump you right there.

For women, it's mostly psychological. Much of the inside of their vaginas doesn't feel much. It's in their head, mostly. So yes, a big cock is nice to fantasise about, but it's not mandatory. However, a man who feels like a little bitch about his body, that's a huge turn off. That's where your problem is, not in your pants.
>>
>>27602883

Women don't give a shit about personality and all. They only care about your dick size, how much you make and how they can show you off to their friends.

>>27602892

Doesn't matter, she might not care at that moment but she will later and %99.99 chance that I'll get cucked. There is a reason why "small dick" is a fucking insult.
>>
File: 1427743784703-2.jpg (169 KB, 900x593) Image search: [Google]
1427743784703-2.jpg
169 KB, 900x593
>>27602688

OK, it's not that bad. But if you want to grow strength, I'd focus on the barbell and dumbbells exclusively. Cardio you can always do on your own. You don't need anyone once you know how to operate the rower, or run on a treadmill.

Since you have all you need, why don't you ask your trainer to help you do SS? You don't really need her if your form is good (not sure why I assume your trainer is a woman, though), but why not. If you already know all the moves required, do it without her. If not, train with her.

Much of what she makes you do is fluff. You don't really need that, there's more efficient stuff to do.

Here's a short list:

Introduction to Barbell Training
https://youtu.be/7HRqB30lxmo?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Deadlift
https://youtu.be/4AObAU-EcYE?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Overhead Press
https://youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Bench Press
https://youtu.be/4T9UQ4FBVXI?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Power Clean
https://youtu.be/wIB_X2N6020?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L
>>
>>27602716
>You are in the wrong board fuckwad

Let's see: I wanted to be on /r9k/. Yep, I'm exactly where I wanted to be, "fuckwad".

>go back to fucking reddit

Hard to go back to a place I've never been. Sounds like you have a beef with it, though. Not my problem.

>if you wanna seem like a good person and collect karma.

I don't care to "seem" a good person, I AM a good person, so get the fuck out of my way and stop wasting time I could spend helping people who aren't complete losers like you. Now fuck off, pansy.
>>
File: patrick.gif (58 KB, 381x416) Image search: [Google]
patrick.gif
58 KB, 381x416
>>27602935

Now you upload videos by the man Mark himself, yet never once mentioned his routines or anything else. You're a clown "nick". I hope you robots go to /fit/ and not listen to this thread. If i listened to someone like nick which i did at first, I'd still be struggling with a 20kg OHP.
>>
>>27602906
You must have gotten your heart broken by a superficial woman if you're this adamant about it. For this I can only pity you and hope you get over your heartbreak soon so you can return to normal.
>>
>>27602764
>Yeah, you'll definitely choose a 4 incher guy over a 7 one.

You can't even put all 7 inches inside most women, I've tried. Most women would rather have a partner who's a cool guy over some anxiety-ridden 8-incher. Fact
>>
>>27602799
>and for another thing a lot of women can't handle dicks that are too big because their vaginas can't handle it. Most women get off to clitoral stimulation which dick size is irrelevant to anyway.

I confirm this. Naturally, virgins aren't likely to believe that, but it's completely true.
>>
>>27602988

All women are superficial. Even the most sweetest girl I've ever known ripped out my fucking heart and crushed it. They are all fucking whores.
>>
>>27602839
>My sides can't take this anymore.

More like your excuse is trying to fly away and that's what you can't take.

Surprise, surprise: it wasn't your dick size or face that was the problem all along. Deal with it.

>>27602839
>You are the one needs to fuck off retarded normalshit.

>normalshit

Legit laughed. Your problems are literally bitch-tier: "I'm too fat, my cock is too small, my face is not pretty."

That said, you're in my thread. Stop acting like you don't want to be here, if you're here and staying.

Whatever you do, you lose. The only honor left for you is to go away right now.
>>
Is it possible to get ripped and lean facial muscles. If anyone has done this Id love to see pics.
>>
>>27603086
> Even the most sweetest girl I've ever known ripped out my fucking heart and crushed it.

Looks like I hit the nail on the head. One day if you're mature enough you'll get over it and realize it was just your heartbroken state of mind. When I had my heart broken for the first time with a guy I really liked I went through one of those "all men are scum I hate them all can't be trusted!" phase and then grew out of it when I realized it was just my pain talking and I was brushing half the population of the world with an unfair stroke.
>>
>>27602848
>It doesn't matter, your routine is fucking retarded.

I'm sure I should consider your judgement, since you know so much about my personal situation. My routine works very well and is based on principles I've tested before, and most people understand and agree with. Your opinion doesn't matter much when I see the results I get from it.

> Even as a novice lifter i can see that. Come back when you incorporate a simple exercises like squats and dead-lifts.

What makes you think I haven't done, am not doing, and won't do any of these? That's what I meant by you don't know my situation. Don't be so hasty.

>Why not just stop being retarded and give them actual weights?

In case you missed it the first time: I was asked what my routine was, and I answered.

>20 pushups wont return and end up making you able to bench 60 kilos because you did 20 clean pushups.

And I never said it did. Reread and try to understand.

>You seem MORE novice then me bu giving out all this advice.

Given that you can't even understand basic sentences I write to you, I wouldn't value your judgement too much. If you can't even point out why yout hink my routine is retarded, don't bother. If you knew your stuff, you'd know why it's not bad at all, and if you knew my situation, which you don't, you'd also know why it's just fine.
>>
>>27602744
I know I'll sound like a broken record but thanks man, I really appreciate it. I've had a rough couple of years and let my whole life and body get destroyed and now I'm working towards bettering myself. This is really helping me out and I think maybe in a few years time I should try to get in the best shape of my life and fully enjoy my youth. Just maybe.
>>
>>27602853

Nice work.

>Should I not train legs on saturday to let them recover from running the day before?

Are you in significant pain? If not, it's just fine.

>Will this combined with a proper diet eventually turn me into one of the pretty boys from the magazines?

All you have to do is control your calories and reduce fat until you're happy.

That said, if you only do body weight exercises for 30 minutes per week, you won't grow much strength from that. You'd need about an hour, three times a week, and I'd recommend using free weights over bodyweights. The only bodyweight exercise I recommend is the pushup, if you can't do 20, and squats, if your knees are too weak to carry more than just your own weight.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (41 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
41 KB, 280x200
>>27603177
>I'm sure I should consider your judgement, since you know so much about my personal situation. My routine works very well and is based on principles I've tested before, and most people understand and agree with. Your opinion doesn't matter much when I see the results I get from it.

Your routine is retarded, you haven't even incorporated the best compound exercises that work the complete body which i listed. Those being Squats and Dead-lift's which basically all program have and should have for a reason You are also so retarded, you don't have bench-press, or things like Incline Dumbbell Press / Arnold Press. You are so retarded you don't even finish your routine because you don't have energy "left".

You are so retarded you think you are gaining from your 20 pushups, and doesn't understand you need to consciously stress the body and add in weights / resistance.

Everything about you is retarded. And your caloric deficit routine.

>What makes you think I haven't done, am not doing, and won't do any of these? That's what I meant by you don't know my situation. Don't be so hasty.

If you were you would have listed them, and not missed two of the most important lift's

>In case you missed it the first time: I was asked what my routine was, and I answered.

Regardless you were giving people body-weight exercises and completely ignoring SS/other 5X5 strength training programs that are true and blue.

>Given that you can't even understand basic sentences I write to you, I wouldn't value your judgement too much. If you can't even point out why yout hink my routine is retarded, don't bother. If you knew your stuff, you'd know why it's not bad at all, and if you knew my situation, which you don't, you'd also know why it's just fine.

Please stop talking, you are fucking moronic and think you are worthy enough to give advice because you can now do 20 pushups and 5 pull-ups.

You're retarded and weak. Stop giving robots bad advice.
>>
>>27602906
>Women don't give a shit about personality and all.

Stop dating idiots (provided you date anyone).

>They only care about your dick size, how much you make and how they can show you off to their friends.

That's just silly projecting now. Anyone will always make the best of a situation, so if your asset is being a smart guy, they'll put that forth to show off to their friends, but don't go thinking they're scheming assholes for it. That's just how you play the social game. Think of it as chess and remove yourself from it, it'll feel more tolerable.

>Doesn't matter, she might not care at that moment but she will later and %99.99 chance that I'll get cucked.

I'd cuck you the instant you share those loser thoughts. Dick has nothing to do with it. Putting so much importance on your little dick: that's why I'd cuck you before we even danced.

>There is a reason why "small dick" is a fucking insult.

Yes, but you should realise that the insult is only used by adults when it means someone is acting below what he should. When you know someone actually has a small dick, you don't use it on them, because it'd be literal, and not at all what you meant.

How would people know your dick size anyway?
>>
>>27603295
Your relationship advice is as shit as your training advice, kill yourself.
>>
>>27602984
>Now you upload videos by the man Mark himself,

Yeah, what's wrong? These videos are pretty sweet.

>yet never once mentioned his routines or anything else.

I've recommended SS fifty billion times on this board, and it's in the guide I wrote, which you must not have read.

I don't tell everyone that SS is the only path to fitness, because that's not true, and not everyone wants to go to a gym or get the equipment at home. But you're reading your own projections here. People who know me here know that I very often recommend SS, or things based on SS principles. Even in this thread, I think.

>I hope you robots go to /fit/ and not listen to this thread

Point out any bad advice I gave. You sound like you've never been on /fit/, either.

>If i listened to someone like nick which i did at first, I'd still be struggling with a 20kg OHP.

You don't lie too well.

Here's the truth: you don't lift, you just can't stand the idea of me trying to help others here, and you hate it because the very idea that YOU could do better, instead of pitying yourself, irritates you to the highest degree.

Deal with it.
>>
>>27603086
>All women are superficial. Even the most sweetest girl I've ever known ripped out my fucking heart and crushed it. They are all fucking whores.

I know plenty who are not. I know literal saints, and they're women.

It's just another excuse not to try and not to hold yourself responsible for anything. You get the women you deserve.
>>
>>27603124
>Is it possible to get ripped and lean facial muscles. If anyone has done this Id love to see pics.

You just lower your body fat. If you mean growing facial muscles, I've never seen that, either.
>>
File: gfdg.jpg (31 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
gfdg.jpg
31 KB, 300x245
>>27603350
>Here's the truth: you don't lift

I posted my picture here; >>27602572

Post up your picture 20 pushup and 5 pull up hero "Nick". Let us see what the king of /r9k/ who;'s giving out advice looks like.

I want to see what a clown who does calf raises, but ignores DL/SQUATS/Bench and relies on push-ups.

Please post m8.
>>
File: 1452894306338.gif (1 MB, 305x360) Image search: [Google]
1452894306338.gif
1 MB, 305x360
>>27603152

Quality poster.
>>
>>27603391
post your picture kiddo
>>
>tfw this cuck thread is still up
>tfw tripfag is still triping
>>
>>27603201
>I know I'll sound like a broken record but thanks man, I really appreciate it.

Don't worry, it makes me happy to know I help a little.

> I've had a rough couple of years and let my whole life and body get destroyed and now I'm working towards bettering myself.

That's the spirit! I'm excited for you because I know you'll find out you can do way more than you thought. When that happens, it's magical.

>This is really helping me out and I think maybe in a few years time I should try to get in the best shape of my life and fully enjoy my youth.

Sooner than you know.

>Just maybe.

Definitely. Think of it as a long road: as long as you take steps, you keep getting closer to it. There is no "if" in this, not if you take steps.
>>
File: burt_reynolds-620x412.jpg (52 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
burt_reynolds-620x412.jpg
52 KB, 620x412
>>27603410
Yeah and the funniest thing is he is fucking retarded and giving out cringe worthy advice, all because he achieved 5 pull-ups after months of trying. Holy fuck, I've never seen anyone so stuck up before.. all because he lifted a dumbbell.
>>
Been following sl 5x5 for the last 2 months, going quite well feeling good. However my knees are fucked up, i was advised from doing deep squats but I did anyway and that didnt really end up well, my legs really fucking hurt. My form is good its just that my cartilidge is fucked up.

Is there any fucking point to going on without being able to squat? what do?
>>
>>27603426
Well to be fair I don't think he is trying to make people start powerlifting. I think he's mainly trying to motivate people to do anything. And maybe he thinks it would be intimidating for people to get advice from some guy who can deadlift 500lbs, so he's honest about what he can do.

But yeah, pretty strange for someone who didn't achieve much fitness-wise to be giving advice.
>>
File: squat.jpg (47 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
squat.jpg
47 KB, 500x305
>>27603478
M8, switch to front squats if you are feeling pain in the knees. It should help a considerable amount.

If not try box squats.

>>27603492

All he is doing is trying to get people to start doing body weight exercises, he is moronic with a routine he'd be laughed out of /fit/ with.
>>
>>27603283
>Your routine is retarded, you haven't even incorporated the best compound exercises that work the complete body which i listed.

That's because I cannot have the required equipment yet. I'm saving up for it and I'm making preparations to have a home gym. No great mystery there. When people have the equipment, I advise them to do deadlifts and squats, I even posted a damn picture of SS, in this very thread.

If you ask ME what *I* do, I tell you what I do, it's not the same as asking me what YOU should do. Just read the damn guide already.

>Those being Squats and Dead-lift's which basically all program have and should have for a reason You are also so retarded, you don't have bench-press, or things like Incline Dumbbell Press / Arnold Press.

That's because I also don't have a bench of access to a bench, dingus. If you read the guide, you'll see I advise the very thing to anyone who can access a gym with those things, or can afford to buy them at home.

>You are so retarded you don't even finish your routine because you don't have energy "left".

Wrong, I add things when I have time and/or energy, yes. I work full time and sometimes I literally don't have any energy left, so I stop. I don't care if you mind.

>You are so retarded you think you are gaining from your 20 pushups,

This is ridiculous: I've explained several times that IF you can do 20 pushups, you SHOULD go bench pressing. Are you stupid? The reason why pushups are good for me is because I can only do 10 so far, and couldn't do any not too long ago, which shows it works. I've explained all this, do you even read?

>Everything about you is retarded. And your caloric deficit routine.

Which I don't think I mentioned here... But it's not retarded. I want to burn the fat. You never explain why something is retarded...

>If you were you would have listed them, and not missed two of the most important lift's

Look, Autismo, I was asked what I was doing, me, for a routine, so I explained. cont
>>
>>27603283

>If you were you would have listed them, and not missed two of the most important lift's

I didn't miss them, since I don't do them in my current routine. I'd have missed them if I was advising someone ELSE about it. Surely you can understand the difference, you goofball.

I don't squat for knee reasons that pertain to me alone, and I don't deadlift simply because deadlifting DB's is kinda retarded.

>Regardless you were giving people body-weight exercises and completely ignoring SS/other 5X5 strength training programs that are true and blue.

Wrong, I was ASKED for a bodyweight program and I posted an image that showed just that.

I'm sorry, but you are fucking hopeless and can't understand plain English.

>Please stop talking, you are fucking moronic and think you are worthy enough to give advice because you can now do 20 pushups and 5 pull-ups.

Considering you still can't grasp that I can do 10 pushups, but WOULD switch to bench pressing if I could 20, which is what I advise to people who wonder, your opinion is worthless.

You're an idiot. Don't post in this thread anymore.
>>
File: 1459480407368.jpg (50 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
1459480407368.jpg
50 KB, 500x260
>>27603521
>That's because I cannot have the required equipment yet. I'm saving up for it and I'm making preparations to have a home gym. No great mystery there. When people have the equipment, I advise them to do deadlifts and squats, I even posted a damn picture of SS, in this very thread.

I'm sure you are, you are still able to do them without the "equipment" and do them the good old fashion way and that is with dumbbells.

Face it, you are retarded.

>That's because I also don't have a bench of access to a bench, dingus. If you read the guide, you'll see I advise the very thing to anyone who can access a gym with those things, or can afford to buy them at home

You can do floor-press instead, you fucking moron. It's a legitimate excise..

>Wrong, I add things when I have time and/or energy, yes. I work full time and sometimes I literally don't have any energy left, so I stop. I don't care if you mind.

You are retarded, and your routine is all over the place. You also stated you did push-ups instead of bench-press.

>This is ridiculous: I've explained several times that IF you can do 20 pushups, you SHOULD go bench pressing. Are you stupid? The reason why pushups are good for me is because I can only do 10 so far, and couldn't do any not too long ago, which shows it works. I've explained all this, do you even read?

You're weak.

>Which I don't think I mentioned here... But it's not retarded. I want to burn the fat. You never explain why something is retarded...

Push, pull, Moron. Learn it.

> Look, Autismo, I was asked what I was doing, me, for a routine, so I explained. cont

Please fuck off, and never give advice, You are a fucking retard.

Also post your body picture, you faggot.

>>27603578
>>
File: 1459351118955.png (22 KB, 235x232) Image search: [Google]
1459351118955.png
22 KB, 235x232
>deadlift and squat three times a week for three months
>stop for a week while my buddy is back for spring break
>start again the next week, suddenly knee pain, stop for a couple days and go back, still knee pain
>realize that working six days a week at a standing and squatting job I'm not getting any rest and my knee isn't recovering
Fucking damn it I just want to stop hating my reflection.
>>
>>27603310

Don't think I don't know who you are. Just know that I am actually glad you're punishing yourself for the shit stain that you are.

Keep whining in my thread like the sorry pussy you are.

Just don't assume I don't know. You fucking waste of space.
>>
All this advice on how to improve.

But point is people are born differently, some have to work harder for things and some have to work easier. Why should we work harder when we didn't choose to get born inferior? It makes no sense.
>>
>>27603583
Just for clarification squats and dealifts aren't ALL I was doing. I've been doing SS since January. Well, up until two weeks ago.
>>
File: 656.jpg (20 KB, 403x395) Image search: [Google]
656.jpg
20 KB, 403x395
>>27603578
>I don't squat for knee reasons that pertain to me alone, and I don't deadlift simply because deadlifting DB's is kinda retarded.

The typical my knees and it's retarded excuse, kill yourself.

>Wrong, I was ASKED for a bodyweight program and I posted an image that showed just that.

Because you are retarded and don't know how to give any actual helpful advice that would transform his skinny body. Or have the brain capacity to tell him he is going the wrong way.

As i said it again, you're fucking retarded, weak, and probably fat as fuck.

Post your picture.
>>
>>27603373
>I posted my picture here

Sorry, I forgot that pictures are always true and that you can't post someone else's image. My bad.

>Post up your picture 20 pushup and 5 pull up hero "Nick". Let us see what the king of /r9k/ who;'s giving out advice looks like.

If you had been around as much as you said, you'd have been it by now. Laughable. And it's 10 pushups. Good luck with that comprehension problem.

>>27603373
>I want

Just fuck off. You will be ignored from now on.
>>
File: 55.gif (68 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
55.gif
68 KB, 480x270
>>27603626

Hey kiddo, when are you posting your body picture for us all to see?

>Sorry, I forgot that pictures are always true and that you can't post someone Else's image. My bad.

Okay faggot, I'll post another photo, give me a couple seconds you non lifting dweeb. You're a gutless wimp who's weak as fuck.
>>
>>27603478
>However my knees are fucked up,

Make sure they're behind your toes when you look down, during the squat. Otherwise you're putting too much pressure on the knees. Breaking parallel (going below the knees with your ass, essentially), is recommended. It's not the problem.

Do you also have problems running or even walking when it comes to knees?

If so, flexibility is probably both the issue and the solution. Chances are are your hamstrings are too short and force the kneecap against other bones, which causes hurt. I have exactly that.
>>
>>27603492
>And maybe he thinks it would be intimidating for people to get advice from some guy who can deadlift 500lbs, so he's honest about what he can do.

It's not even that, it's that I've wasted a long time doing stuff that wasn't as efficient as what I could have done, so I share the results of my research. It's easier and quicker to find such info than it is to build the physique you want, and there's no reason for me to wait. I don't ask anyone to judge my info by my own body. All the info I give can be tested by other sources, where I found it to begin with (I didn't make anything up myself). It's just so you get valid advice right away and won't have to experience bad programs for months.

What I can do doesn't matter much, but the progress I've achieved, that's more relevant, if anything.

>But yeah, pretty strange for someone who didn't achieve much fitness-wise to be giving advice.

You are free to discard anything I say, naturally. You'll find that nothing I say is contrary to what others may say.
>>
File: 20160404_015839.jpg (314 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
20160404_015839.jpg
314 KB, 960x1280
>>27603706
Here is another picture, post up your body now nick you faggot.
>>
>>27603706
>Do you also have problems running or even walking when it comes to knees?

Yeah, and my shitty deskjob isn't doing them much better either.

>If so, flexibility is probably both the issue and the solution. Chances are are your hamstrings are too short and force the kneecap against other bones, which causes hurt. I have exactly that.

So what do you advise?
>>
>>27603706
I really do think it's a form issue. My posture is naturally kind of slouched and I didn't correct it enough when I started squatting, so now when I try I end up nearly falling backwards.
>>
>>27603510
>All he is doing is trying to get people to start doing body weight exercises,

Quote me on that. Show us.
>>
File: hgh.png (11 KB, 645x741) Image search: [Google]
hgh.png
11 KB, 645x741
>>27603793

Hey faggot, stop ignoring my posts, now post your body.
>>
>>27603598
I wonder who do you mean. Some kind of arch-enemy? Destroyer of your positive threads?
>>
>>27603857
Why is your boyfriend scared of posting his body for the world to see? I want to see how those 20 pushups and 5 pull-ups transformed his body.
>>
>>27603580
>I'm sure you are, you are still able to do them without the "equipment" and do them the good old fashion way and that is with dumbbells.

I'm not deadlifting dumbbells... Sumo squats are more OK to do, but I had to stop squats because of a knee issue. That's why they're not in my current routine. I do calf raises instead. It's temporary, but that's my current routine.

>You can do floor-press instead, you fucking moron. It's a legitimate excise..

Because pushups aren't a legitimate exercise? Floor presses have a very reduced range of motion, that's why I discard it. At my strength, pushups are still better. If I don't have a bench by the time I can do 20 pushups, I may consider floor presses, but it's still subpar in my opinion because of the short range of motion.

>You are retarded, and your routine is all over the place.

You're running out of insults. Get creative. "All over the place", also known as full body. It's the whole point of my current routine: push, pull, minimal leg for now because knee problems, full body.

>You're weak.

Compared to you? Possibly. It doesn't matter, I'm much stronger than I used to be, and that's what matters. A few months ago I couldn't do a single pushup and about 5 weeks ago, not a single chinup. Now I can. Literally all I care about is progress and results. Comparing yourself to others is not part of my plan.

>Push, pull, Moron. Learn it.

Unrelated. Training for strength isn't cardio. I don't hope to burn fat doing weight lifting, not sufficiently anyway, thus calorif deficit. People who actually lift call it cutting, just so you know.
>>
>>27603872
I'm not affiliated with him, I was just asking because his post seemed pretty dramatic. Almost over-dramatic from Nicks side. So I was wondering what happened, if that guy destroyed his sandcastle or fucked his sister or something.

Also his physique probably isn't great. It should be obvious at this point to pretty much everyone. If people still want to listen to him irregardless, that's their problem honestly.
>>
>>27603599
>But point is people are born differently, some have to work harder for things and some have to work easier.

Should be of no importance to you. It changes nothing.

>Why should we work harder when we didn't choose to get born inferior? It makes no sense.

Point is this: that's how it is. The question is not whether it's easier or harder, but whether you want to do it. If not, then don't do it, but don't complain. There are people who don't even have legs, what's the point, in them, to complain that everything is easier for you than for them?

No point.

Stop assuming everything is bad for you and everyone else has it better.

When it comes to fitness, the differences aren't that huge either. Your "genetics" aren't your main obstacle. It's as easy for you as it would be for anyone else.

Point out a few specifics on what you think you were born "inferior" at when it comes to self-improvement.
>>
>135x3x3 front squat

pretty embarrassing

then again I'm just getting started after a long hiatus
>>
File: Snapchat-5012115485689911441~01.jpg (183 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5012115485689911441~01.jpg
183 KB, 720x1280
I want to target my back more. And get better hip mobility and strength. Any ideas? My hips are probably the part I need help the most on. Pic related is me. 6'3 182lbs.
>>
File: hgh.png (11 KB, 645x725) Image search: [Google]
hgh.png
11 KB, 645x725
>>27603900
>I'm not deadlifting dumbbells..

I'm talking about squats, you thick headed baboon. You said you had no equipment which always translates to having no Olympic bar.

>I do calf raises instead.

Because you're a women.

>Because pushups aren't a legitimate exercise? Floor presses have a very reduced range of motion, that's why I discard it. At my strength, pushups are still better. If I don't have a bench by the time I can do 20 pushups, I may consider floor presses, but it's still subpar in my opinion because of the short range of motion.

Floor-press is a much better exercise then doing push-ups especially without any weight added onto the pushups to aid in resistance. As they say Heavy weight is heavy weight and i doubt you are adding in sufficient weight onto those pushups like you'd be doing with floor-press.

>You're running out of insults. Get creative. "All over the place", also known as full body. It's the whole point of my current routine: push, pull, minimal leg for now because knee problems, full body.

Are you that retarded you consider your routine a "full body" I am legitimately embarrassed for you right now and that you keep giving advice.

>Compared to you? Possibly. It doesn't matter, I'm much stronger than I used to be, and that's what matters. A few months ago I couldn't do a single pushup and about 5 weeks ago, not a single chinup. Now I can. Literally all I care about is progress and results. Comparing yourself to others is not part of my plan.

You're weak and have no room to give advice.

>Unrelated. Training for strength isn't cardio. I don't hope to burn fat doing weight lifting, not sufficiently anyway, thus calorif deficit. People who actually lift call it cutting, just so you know.

Push, pull, Moron. Learn it. And then maybe your routine won't be so cringe worthy.

Now post your picture, you oblivious faggot.
>>
>>27603616
>The typical my knees and it's retarded excuse, kill yourself.

It's a condition caused by excessively short hamstrings, very common problem. To solve it, you stretch. Slow process.

>Because you are retarded and don't know how to give any actual helpful advice that would transform his skinny body.

I would, that's not what he asked, though. Skinny anons asking how to get thicker is something I've answer hundreds of times here. It's also in the guide, which you still haven't read. You do know I've been giving the guide a lot for weeks and weeks? Everyone who's read it knows you're lying or ignorant of the truth.

>Or have the brain capacity to tell him he is going the wrong way.

People may have reasons to ask for bodyweight exercises over freeweight ones. You don't know. You don't have the mental capacity to imagine such things, as you did for me.

>As i said it again, you're fucking retarded, weak, and probably fat as fuck.

Stop being 12.

>Post your picture.

Rage away. You don't deserve to see me.
>>
>>27603663
>Hey kiddo, when are you posting your body picture for us all to see?

No homo. People have seen me already anyway.

>
Okay faggot, I'll post another photo, give me a couple seconds you non lifting dweeb. You're a gutless wimp who's weak as fuck.

I literally don't give a fuck. Go read the guide and if you disagree with anything, let me know.

Anything short of that is not constructive and I don't care.
>>
File: hgh.png (11 KB, 645x711) Image search: [Google]
hgh.png
11 KB, 645x711
>>27603988
>>27604002

To be honest, i just felt like talking shit, that is me but i sort of like you man. I respect what you're doing.
>>
>>27603787

There are exercises you can do to make your knees functional again.

Stuff like this:

>sit on floor
>legs straight, together
>find a less than comfortable position, but no sharp pain, hold for a minute

>put foot on chair
>straight leg
>hold where it's tense for a minute

Etc. Look it up online too. Doing this every day will cancel the pain in your knees. I haven't reached that level yet, but I hope to be able to run again some day.
>>
>>27603787
pls respond anyone !
>>
File: 1459441859523.jpg (379 KB, 800x3000) Image search: [Google]
1459441859523.jpg
379 KB, 800x3000
>>27603809
>now post your body.

No homo.
>>
>>27603857
>I wonder who do you mean. Some kind of arch-enemy? Destroyer of your positive threads?

You're not that good, sadly. Or important.
>>
>>27604048
>>27604040
oh oops. Thanks a lot man
>>
>>27603967
>I want to target my back more

Get a pullup bar. For the back, there's hardly much better. The rest depends on your current program.
>>
>>27604100
I've been doing a decent amount of those and some different variation of rows. I'll just do pull ups more. Thanks man! Pull ups feel good desu
>>
>ITT dyel autist offers retarded advice
Don't even know why I expected anything different
>>
File: hgh.png (11 KB, 645x711) Image search: [Google]
hgh.png
11 KB, 645x711
>>27604051
>tfw forgot the no homo
>>
>>27603982
>I'm talking about squats, you thick headed baboon.

But I already explained why I wasn't doing squats...

I'm ignoring the rest of your post. Enjoy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126 KB, 1920x1080
>>27604017

All right. I guess I can appreciate that. Thanks for saying.
>>
>>27604127
>I've been doing a decent amount of those and some different variation of rows. I'll just do pull ups more. Thanks man! Pull ups feel good desu

How many reps can you do?

Depending on the range, you're better off weighing yourself with a backpack, or belt weights.
>>
>>27604189

I hope we can lift together one day, nick. And check out the girls at the gym and shit. And leave a piece of gum on the bench-press or bar after we finish only to watch through the window outside at the unsuspecting sucker who sits down.
>>
>>27604134

If you can, point out one thing that you think is retarded advice, so that I may correct it if it's truly retarded.

Sharing your disappointment is cute, but I just don't give a fuck otherwise, you know.
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (44 KB, 600x651) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
44 KB, 600x651
>>27604232

You're among the strangest anons I've met on 4chan, and I've been here for a while. But it's cool.
>>
File: 7dyu1_540.jpg (43 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
7dyu1_540.jpg
43 KB, 500x464
>>27604285
A little mischief never hurt no one, at the gym tomorrow I'll be doing an extra rep or two on all exercises in memory of you.

Piece out, friend.
>>
File: 1412802015534.jpg (52 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1412802015534.jpg
52 KB, 396x385
Since the subject was brought up: how much are you guys bothered by the fact that I'm not a pulsating mountain of flesh?

On my end, I don't base the worth of my words on my results because the info I give can be given by a paraplegic armless person and would still be worth listening to; I got my information from tested and verified sources, including people who "made it". I haven't yet, but give me time and you can witness the process.

Also, the results I get are enough to ensure you that it works. It's not how many pushups I can do now, it's how I could do before and how many I can do now.

The fact that I'm more like you than the average sportsman should be a plus, not a minus, but it does mean that I don't look like Chad Thundercock just yet (although, arguable, not that bad lately).

>>27604393

Thanks, you're a cool guy. Same on my end.
>>
File: marathon traiing ;_;.jpg (166 KB, 1440x1280) Image search: [Google]
marathon traiing ;_;.jpg
166 KB, 1440x1280
Man, fuck marathons. This is the only time I'm going to run one. Marathon training via accumulated fatigue is a fucking bitch.
>>
>>27604252
My mistake actually, what you're saying here isn't bad at all. Though this doesn't make you any less of a retard for not following your own advice and staying dyel.
>>
>>27604465
>My mistake actually, what you're saying here isn't bad at all.

All right. I'd be concerned if I were because I speak to people about it and that's why I take it seriously. I stopped giving my homemade program when I had legit reasons to think it could be better.

>Though this doesn't make you any less of a retard for not following your own advice and staying dyel.

I do follow my own advice, but there are things I can't do just yet, either because of money, or my knees. I'm working on both.

I was skinnyfat for a long time, now I'm starting to look kinda hot, but still too much fat in some places to my liking. I'm not too far from breaking from dyel status, but that's just me. It doesn't matter.

One of the advantages of not hiding my actual bod is that, when I finally make it, people will remember where I started, which will be proof.

That's part of the plan too.
>>
File: 7d1.jpg (49 KB, 600x649) Image search: [Google]
7d1.jpg
49 KB, 600x649
What's the bump limit and where are all the Pepes?
>>
>>27604071
I'm not even sure if I am the guy you're talking about. That's why I asked. I don't think I did anything that wrong.
>>
>>27604569
I really want to hate you, but you're alright. Keep putting in the effort, tripshit, I sincerely hope you make it someday.
>>
i've tried working out at home before but it all got too hard to quickly and too boring

i did one of those full body routines 5 days a week and hated it

i want to start with just biceps to feel good about myself and then go on

this will also mean i don't get overwhelmed as the routine will be a lot shorter

but i don't know what to do

could someone give me one

i have free weights and a bench

thanks
>>
File: 1458587740861.jpg (13 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1458587740861.jpg
13 KB, 225x224
>>27604709
>I really want to hate you, but you're alright. Keep putting in the effort, tripshit, I sincerely hope you make it someday.

I appreciate that, Likewise!
>>
Dear Nick,

20 year old here. Been going to the gym for 4 months now. I'm not following any strict diet, just increased the quantity I eat because I am very lean. But I do have a fat belly which I'm really hating. I do 10 minutes of cardio everyday before hitting the weights. My biceps have increased a bit. I am soon considering whey active. What do I do about the belly? Increase cardio time? Decrease rice?

Thank you!
>>
>>27604724
>i've tried working out at home before but it all got too hard to quickly and too boring

>too hard

Reduce the load, or time, or whichever. If it's too hard, it's maladjusted.

>too boring

That can mean a few things. Did you have music on, or a podcast? This is something you can work on. Consider it the way you would meditation, for instance. It shouldn't be boring.

>i did one of those full body routines 5 days a week and hated it

Too much, way too much. I'm no longer a beginner and even I don't do 5 times a week. I once did a circuit routine, took forever, wasn't efficient, and it's a miracle I didn't give up. I feel your pain.

>i want to start with just biceps to feel good about myself and then go on

Not a good idea. You'll find that biceps alone aren't worth much, especially if the rest of you looks nothing like that.

>this will also mean i don't get overwhelmed as the routine will be a lot shorter

We can work on that, but it MUST NOT be too long or too overwhelming, especially in the beginning!

>i have free weights and a bench

That's a lot already.

>military presses
>bench presses
>rows
>French presses

For the upper body, that should cover some ground already. Make sure to adapt the weight, as rows will enable you to lift almost twice as much as the rest.

Read the guide, though, to understand the principles to the max.
>>
File: chulipme.png (148 KB, 349x278) Image search: [Google]
chulipme.png
148 KB, 349x278
is there a way that i can get leaner in general while working as a storyboard artist?

i drink a lot of soda/coffee to stay up late and finish work, my job requires sitting and the only exercise i really get is walking my dog and gardening/housework.
>>
>>27605035
thankyou Nick

i wasn't aware of guide

i shall read it now

God bless you.
>>
>>27605004
>I'm not following any strict diet,

I haven't finished reading your post, but this CAN completely cancel whatever work out you're doing when it comes to bodyfat.

>But I do have a fat belly which I'm really hating.

Yep, like me, less and less but still.

> I do 10 minutes of cardio everyday before hitting the weights.

My advice is to do cardio on rest days. That way you give your body time to take care of separate tasks separately.

> I am soon considering whey active. What do I do about the belly? Increase cardio time? Decrease rice?

If you don't mind cardio, do more of it, on off days, but whatever you do, you MUST count your calories and weigh yourself daily.

Also calculate that basal rate:

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

If you don't do this, the belly fat may stay forever. Often, we eat way more than we need, and if you want to lose the fat, you'll have to undereat, consistently, to get any results.

Protein shakes are a fine way to get enough protein. That's what I do now, and I think it's working nicely. Get one of those that also have vitamins and such, it doesn't have to be whey.
>>
>>27605077
>is there a way that i can get leaner in general while working as a storyboard artist?

Eat less. Bound to work. Count your calories, undereat, etc.

>i drink a lot of soda/coffee to stay up late and finish work, my job requires sitting and the only exercise i really get is walking my dog and gardening/housework.

Cut out the soda, and careful on the coffee. I'm sure you can make time for a work out session 3 times a week or so, or every other day, or every 3 days. Just an hour, that's all you need. It'll make you feel better, too. You'll have more energy for everything, even drawing. Also more control in your muscles, which you need for your art.
>>
>>27605078

Very welcome!

The guide is also here, with some bonus sections:

http://pastebin.com/zrpicavw
>>
>>27605185
thanks man
is sprite okay? i heard on /fit/ that was a little better in comparison with coke/pepsi

also what about energy drinks? i'll drink red bull instead of coffee sometimes
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.