[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly /fit/izen Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71 KB, 698x749) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71 KB, 698x749
Hello again, I'm back for questions about how to get healthier, stronger, fitter, fatter, whatever your goal may be.

If the thread gets big, make sure to CTRL + F key words you want to ask about because I get very similar questions a lot.

Apologies for any slowness on my part, I'm not completely free right now but should be able to handle it.

Pic related is key to weightloss, weightgain, and how you want your body to look in general.
>>
testing (got muted)

Should I get a trip? Nobody tried to impersonate me so far but it may be a good idea, just so you can tell what comes from me and what doesn't.

Let me know if this is OK on your board.
>>
I want to bury my face in those baby blue undies and take a huge whiff of that hamburger and cum scent
>>
>>25431376

You'd feel right at home on /fit/.
>>
File: 1451721913608.jpg (150 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451721913608.jpg
150 KB, 500x500
no matter how much i eat, or how little i exercise, i can never become fat, i've always been skinny, like it's in my genes.
>>
>>25431328
What's a solid way to keep water weight down when you have a desk job?
>>
>>25431401
you aren't eating enough
>>
>>25431404
lose weight and stop deluding yourself you are overweight because of water weight. excercise
>>
>>25431418
i eat about 2500+ calories everyday, and i'm still skinny as fuck, the only part of my body that seems to be getting fatter is my legs, which makes my body look weird, skinny torso, little arms, fat legs.
>>
>>25431401
>no matter how much i eat, or how little i exercise, i can never become fat, i've always been skinny, like it's in my genes.

No matter how skinny you are, you can't shit miracles out of your ass, and eating energy without putting energy into your body is miraculous.

More likely, you're not eating nearly as much as you think.

Energy storage (getting fat) isn't influenced by genetics to the point where you can't get fat.

My whole family was like you: extremely skellington in youth. Right up to 20, 25, and then, hamplanets. All the females, all the lazy males. I dodged that bullet because I became aware I was putting on weight and decided to make a change.

If your problem is eating a lot, consider drinking whole milk, a lot. It may be easier than chewing on stuff, and it will get you some mass.

Always consider eating nuts, pistachios are my favourite. Extremely calorific, and you can eat them while doing other things, little by little. These are my two recommendations for people who can't eat much. Hope that helps.
>>
the average American has had zero formal education on food.
do you know how many times i've seen this trope where people don't know that zero sugar = sugar free = zero calories.
they don't know that sugar has calories and the majority don't know that sugar is a carb, let alone knowing what a carb, protein and a fat even is, let alone knowing what foods contain which.

if you can look at a food and name it's macro nutrients, you should be able to maintain weight.
if you can look at a food and you know it's macros, micros and roughly how much calories you're eating, weight loss is going to be a cake walk.

knowledge weighs more when it comes to health.
>>
No you dipshit, it's not how it works, it is not related to the number of eyes you get, but how your brain creates your perception of reality. Think of it as the 3d in cinema, it has to be filmed with 2 cams to render a depth effect, then your brain is tricked thanks to polarised glasses so that 2 slightly different images are perceived by your eyes, finally your brain interprets this as depth, that's how your eyes work, and that's why people with only one eye have difficulties with assessing distances.
Tl;Dr : our brain allows us to experience life in 3d, not our eyes, but we need our 2 eyes to do so.
>>
>>25431404
>What's a solid way to keep water weight down when you have a desk job?

Water weight is part of the deal. Weigh yourself in the morning, after you pissed, and you should be able to see your actual weight without much water weight. As the other anon said, water weight isn't a problem. It's generally around a kilo only, and if you weigh yourself the way I told you, it won't be a concern.

Your problem is energy storage: fat. See OP pic for the simplest explanation of this.
>>
>>25431450
do you want to be fat? the thing is man, you can't magically tell your body where to store it's weight. the only thing you can do is gain muscle by strength training and eating enough protein. targeting an area with isolated excercise will help you gain size in a certain area. i guarantee you are not eating 2500+ calories a day and not gaining weight
>>
>>25431328
I recently started lifting at home.
After doing that for 3 weeks I was forced to take a breqk because I visited relatives on christmas.
Now how exactly do I get my motivation back? I don't feel like doing anything right now.
>>
>>25431450
>i eat about 2500+ calories everyday, and i'm still skinny as fuck, the only part of my body that seems to be getting fatter is my legs, which makes my body look weird, skinny torso, little arms, fat legs.

If your legs are getting fatter, then you are indeed eating enough, but you store your fat in your legs primarily. This happens. Other people store in upper body, belly, etc. For you, maybe it's legs.

Instant recommendation for you my friend is to get starting on strength, so you put on muscle mass in your overall body.

Buy some dumbbells (one handed weights) from any sports shop and do this program every other day at home:

Military Presses
https://youtu.be/HMvzUDwaBeA

Shoulder Presses DB
https://youtu.be/B-aVuyhvLHU

French Presses
https://youtu.be/RQMQR9r99lg

Rows
https://youtu.be/-koP10y1qZI

Squats
https://youtu.be/UXJrBgI2RxA

Pushups (wall, table)
https://youtu.be/a6YHbXD2XlU

------------------------------------------

Program:

5x5 military presses (5 sets of 5 repetitions)
5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

It's a good way to start.
>>
>>25431401
"MUH GENETICS"

fatties and skeletons baka
>>
I've lost a fair amount of weight and most of my stomach is flat but I still have fat around the lower stomach/cut. what can I do about this?
>>
>>25431494
stop being a bitch and start lifting again. no one on the internet and most likely even in real life can force you to do anything. motivation is not what you need. dedication and discipline. start today, create a routine. lifting shouldn't be something you have to think about. let exercise become a natural part of yourself and something that you naturally do. if this is what you want you have to actually do it, and it starts with you
>>
>>25431525
lose more weight
>>
>>25431525
I forgot to mention, I rockclimb ( indoor walls) 3hrs a week, swim for 2hrs a week, rugby, and other physically active clubs. if this helps
>>
>>25431458
>the average American has had zero formal education on food.

Neither did I, and I'm from one of the most educated nations in Europe. It's a shame, but it's the same reason why they don't teach you how to save money on taxes.

>they don't know that sugar has calories and the majority don't know that sugar is a carb, let alone knowing what a carb, protein and a fat even is, let alone knowing what foods contain which.

I regularly come across people, including here, who think a calorie of apples isn't the same as a calorie of bread. They think calories are like protein, that it's a thing in itself, and not a measure of energy. It's like saying a kilo of apples doesn't weigh the same as a kilo of sugar.

That's why I chose that pic for the OP: it's literally all you need to know. Food companies and diet companies don't want things to be this simple, so they complicate everything and drown the useful info with much less necessary stuff on food labels. Diet companies would have nothing to sell if everybody knew how simple it really was.
>>
>>25431473

I think you stumbled into the wrong neighborhood, motherkisser.

>>25431489
>you can't magically tell your body where to store it's weight.

This is true. It's true in reverse too: you can't burn fat from a target area either.

> targeting an area with isolated excercise will help you gain size in a certain area.

I wouldn't advise that. It's one of the most commonly requested items I get in these threads: How do I get [specific body part] to be strong? Your body functions as a whole and needs to be balanced, so you work out everything together. This is why compound exercises are better than isolation, and also why most machines are useless and free weights remain the best option.
>>
>>25431328
Hey, I started working out on May 11, 2015 till' Sept 13. After that, I took a month-long break due to my right elbow practically dying and started again on Oct 19.

So I've been lifting until now and I changed from Starting Strength to 4x10(lower weights higher reps so strengthen my fucked up elbow) and it has worked out pretty well.

Back then, I worked out 3x a week with mainly 3x5. Now I do 4x10 on Mon/Tues and 3x5 on Thurs/Fri, using Wed/Sat/Sun for rest. Should I switch back completely to 3x5 or keep going with this routine? I think my progress has been pretty slow for someone who has been lifting for over 6 months now. (I'm aiming for 1/2/3/4, but I'm nowhere near for any of those).

Another question is how to deal with hunger? I used to be the type to just starve myself, but now my stomach loudly growls when I don't eat and feels rather funny. I went from 140 lbs to 160 lbs in these past 6 months and I'm still eating a very large amount, but I feel constantly hungry all the time despite constant weight gain.
>>
>>25431455
Used to be 194cm 69kg. Nuts are great. Go into the supermarket and look at how much calories are in the food. You have to eat everytime breakfast, lunch, dinner and between these. Only stop eating if you actually feel sick. I am 74kg now.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1136x640
Can one of you /fit/izens give me advice on how to look like pic related? I'm a 180lb male and I hate it I also hate the idea of having muscles I just want to be thin if it helps the only things I ever drink are water and black coffee
>>
>>25431328
I want to do my cardio for mental health.

problem: willpower

The usual response by normies are insults, "JUST DO IT" or tumblr-tier "love yourself, you are winning just by existing" type stuff. I'm not interested in that, none of it works, I just want to know the psychology behind it. I managed to go jogging every day for a while but then I just stopped.
>>
>>25431328
>Pic related is key to weightloss
If you want to be skinny fat for a year and then gain it all back maybe. It also promotes the WRONG idea that a calorie is a calorie. 2000 calories of corn chips won't keep you full for long, while you probably can't even eat 2000 calories of chicken in one sitting.
>>
>>25431505
>junior fit babby gives advice

telling noobs to go 5x5 is setting them up for failure. they're not going to know how to do 5 reps of something to fail. by the time they find their target weight, they would have done 3 sets by then.

beginners need to start with high reps so they can work the endurance of their muscles and get comfortable with lifting.
>>
>>25431589
body builders who exercise for size use machines for isolation. yes you are correct about compound lifts being better as they train you realistically by giving you functional strength, but everyone lifts for a different reason. anyone can do whatever they want and if he wants to have tiny legs and huge arms or an insane core and no arms who are we to stop him. there are also plenty of routines you can use on machines for your whole body, though definitely more time consuming and impractical if you are doing a home gym.
>>
>>25431561
>100 calories a day until you reach 0
No you dipshit, it's not how it works, it is not related to the number of eyes you get, but how your brain creates your perception of reality. Think of it as the 3d in cinema, it has to be filmed with 2 cams to render a depth effect, then your brain is tricked thanks to polarised glasses so that 2 slightly different images are perceived by your eyes, finally your brain interprets this as depth, that's how your eyes work, and that's why people with only one eye have difficulties with assessing distances.
Tl;Dr : our brain allows us to experience life in 3d, not our eyes, but we need our 2 eyes to do so.
>>
>>25431544
Meh I guess you're right
I always felt like exercising is a chore. Does it take long until one gets used to it?
>>
>>25431494
>After doing that for 3 weeks I was forced to take a breqk because I visited relatives on christmas.

Not a problem. In fact, a period of rest will often be beneficial. I once stopped for 2 weeks completely. It only made me long for it again. I lost no muscle. it gives your body extra time to repair.

>>25431494
>Now how exactly do I get my motivation back? I don't feel like doing anything right now.

The same way you got it the first time. You have a vision of what you want to be, you focus on that and all its advantages. All you have to do is work towards that goal and be CERTAIN that you WILL get there if you take each step, one by one. You only have to be persistent. If it feels hard, remember that this is why most people fail. Are you like those people who fail? Or are you one of those people who take that extra step, time after time?

If it's too hard, shorten your sight: consider doing the next step only, think of nothing else. Next time, repeat the process.

Chances are your routine is more boring than it needs to be, or you work out for too long, or something of the sort. Detail it to me and I'll tell you what to change.
>>
>>25431619
Fucking 4chan X submitted my post before I was done.
If you aren't taking your macro nutrients into consideration then you're doing it wrong. You need lots of protein (especially if you're bulking), plenty of lipids (fats) and not so many carbs. Thanks to the highly processed shit most people eat these days, most people tend to get a ton of carbs, either too much or not enough fat and hardly any protein.
The key to losing weight is to eat healthy and exercise. It's that simple. You wouldn't even need to count calories if you don't mind losing the weight slowly.
>>
>>25431328
Whelp here goes, not expecting much.

I started watching my calories and macro/micros while working out. I was taking creatine and supplementing protein. Nothing over 2k calories.

I lost fat and gained noticeable muscle but I still was heavy. I feel like losing weight and then adding muscle might be the way to go for me. Muscle and fat take forever to leave me though, easily put on.

I've got 3 months to lose some weight.
>>
>>25431618
you clearly don't want to do cardio for your mental health. ask yourself what EXACTLY is stopping you from doing what you want if it is really what you want to do?
>>
go and fuck yourself, your board is a joke, why don't you get a PT degree wagecuck
>>
>>25431618
I'm >>25431590
I feel "JUST DO IT" is the best answer. The more you think about it, the less likely you'll do it. I just shut off my brain and go, and now it has become a habit. The only time I skip is when I overthink and make excuses like, "my elbow hurts too much, better take a month off", "I'm too busy with class, let's take 2 weeks off", ect. I haven't skipped any days since taking a month break due to the elbow excuse; just shut off your brain completely and walk in there like you're braindead.

If you have a home gym, having a fun hobby to do during rest times might help. I really enjoy spinning poi, so that also kinds of motivates me to go exercise cuz' I can do something fun during rest times.

I unno'. I should only talk about this once I can stick to exercising to 2 years+, but going braindead mode seems like the best answer
>>
>>25431660
if you don't know what you're doing, it's easier to lose the weight, then build the muscle
>>
>>25431605
eat a dangerously low amount of calories every day. realistically lose it slowly by eating less. find your maintenance and re-adjust your restriction of calories every month or so
>>
>>25431561
>They think calories are like protein, that it's a thing in itself, and not a measure of energy. It's like saying a kilo of apples doesn't weigh the same as a kilo of sugar.
When most people measure calories they are using it as a measurement of food. Yes that's incorrect, but in that context saying "1 calorie of bread is not the same as 1 calorie of apples" makes sense.
>>
>>25431525
>I've lost a fair amount of weight and most of my stomach is flat but I still have fat around the lower stomach/cut. what can I do about this?

Literally keeping losing weight, as the anon said. There's nothing special about your situation, it's just where your body stores fat first, and last. Fat is lost overall, not in targetted areas, so you just keep losing weight as you did before: lower caloric intake and/or increase cardio if you do cardio.
>>
>>25431643
hammer it into your head that this is who you are and what you will do. don't listen to the part of you that will give you excuses. actively shut it out and you can be there in a few weeks
>>
>>25431556
>I forgot to mention, I rockclimb ( indoor walls) 3hrs a week, swim for 2hrs a week, rugby, and other physically active clubs. if this helps

That's a shitload. I'd simply advise to eat a little bit less calories and you won't have a problem.

As usual: count your calories, weigh yourself daily, observe the progression, adapt accordingly.
>>
>>25431679
Thanks anon, would rigorous amounts of cardio help me achieve this faster or is that a bad idea?
>>
>>25431701
i'd say you want to exercise to stay healthy but it will get to a point where you will lose all of your strength if you make it so far that you are only eating 600 calories a day. honestly man stop being a bitch and stop hating on yourself. i promise as soon as you have been excercising for a month and eating healthier/less you will feel a lot better about yourself. hopefully good enough that you don't want to basically ruin your life and kill yourself by being a twig
>>
>>25431328
>>25431561
What easily accessible PDF books can I read on the science behind eating/ eating well?
>>
Any advice for a fat, social recluse on manning up and going to the gym?
I literally never leave the house. I used to work out when there was a gym right next to my house, but it closed and the nearest is pretty far by my autist standards.
I also live in a very bad area, so going out for walks/runs will only demotivate me even more.
>>
How many calories do 200 pushups + 200 crunches burn in a day? I'm doing that plus eating 6-800 calories daily and I feel like I'm dying, this has been going on for a few weeks
>>
>>25431625
beginners can do whatever the fuck they want friendo. for best results, find a program that works for you. if you want to work out 5 days a week, go ahead, 3 days a week, starting strength. stick to one routine, eat enough food and protein to gain some mass. everyone is different and not everyone is a retard
>>
>>25431590
>Hey, I started working out on May 11, 2015 till' Sept 13. After that, I took a month-long break due to my right elbow practically dying and started again on Oct 19.

Careful on your joints. If a specific exercise strains your elbow, check your form on that exercise; pushups are almost always done wrong by everyone at first. Give that stuff enough rest to repair itself, go easy on your joints.

>>25431590
>I changed from Starting Strength to 4x10(lower weights higher reps so strengthen my fucked up elbow) and it has worked out pretty well.

If it works, very good. Depending on the pain, more reps can end up hurting more, but it can work both ways. When my elbows hurt from classic pushups, I switch to girly ones and do more reps, so we're doing the same thing.

>>25431590
>I switch back completely to 3x5 or keep going with this routine?

If you can switch back without pain, do so.

> I think my progress has been pretty slow for someone who has been lifting for over 6 months now

High reps will do that. Progress happens when you lift more and more. Otherwise you just get good at lifting the same, and eventually you get stuck. Makes perfect sense in your case.

>>25431590
>Another question is how to deal with hunger?

Depends on you, but here are some tips I've learned:

>if you wake up hungry, start with one huge ass meal, like 900kcal, then have a second and last meal and nothing in between and drink lots of water

As to food, go for soups and stews: their liquid content will fill you up real good. Drinking lots of water has a similar effect, so consider doing that.

Starting the day with a big meal will make it so that you don't feel hunger for most of the day, you'll be hungry in your sleep.

Remember, what matters is how many calories you eat in a day and how many you burn. Everything else is a detail.
>>
>>25431762
find a routine to do at home until you are confident enough to go to the gym. i go to the gym at 1 to 2 am every night because i don't like being around people
>>
What can I avoid eating to lose weight without counting calories?
>>
File: club suit.jpg (118 KB, 377x705) Image search: [Google]
club suit.jpg
118 KB, 377x705
I've been following starting strength by the letter and drink a gallon of milk every day as stated by the fit sticky board.

I used to be a 110lbs twig but after 3 months I'm 170lbs I fill out a suit pretty well and nightclubs let me in even without bringing bitches, meanwhile the indians get kicked out for "wrong shoes"

I highly recommend following mark rippletoe's starting strength, youll look strong and athletic in no time.
>>
>>25431328
I play sports and work outside in a physically demanding job. I'm in good physical shape and am happy how I'm built, but wouldn't mind lossing a little fat arround my core. Im thinking sit ups and eating less shit could probably do the trick, right?
>>
File: how to lose weight.png (77 KB, 1303x852) Image search: [Google]
how to lose weight.png
77 KB, 1303x852
>>25431592

Sound advice.

>>25431605
>Can one of you /fit/izens give me advice on how to look like pic related?

You don't want to, trust me. This is not healthy and in the long run, it will backfire on you. What you can aim for is being strong and lean, like a weak swimmer. If you start lifting, you won't get beefy if you don't want to, but you will focus your muscles and nervous system, meaning you'll actually get stronger without getting bigger, which can't happen unless you overeat.

You're probably trolling me, but if you are not, I suggest looking into this issue from a psychological perspective.

Lose weight, yes, but not that much. OP picture is all you need for weightloss. Also pic related.
>>
>>25431827
hahahahahaha

get some clothes that fit anon
>>
>>25431774
too many. and if you are doing that daily you are doing it wrong. your muscles need to rest to get stronger and they also are never going to get stronger if you are only eating 6 to 800 calories. it's literally pointless to do crunches and pushups. if you are doing them to lose weight just do some cardio. i would not recommend strength training unless you pull your head out of your ass and eat an appropriate deficit with plenty of protein. you can not build muscle if you are eating under maintenance but you can do your best to not lose what you already have. beginners have strength gains but that is about it. if you are only doing this to lose weight just do cardio. don't kill yourself
>>
>>25431847

It fits man, just really tightly.

>the squats, oats and GOMAD meme is actually fucking legit.
>>
>>25431774

chill bruh
>>
>>25431818
candy, soda, deserts, icecream, large portions of food. if you stop to think about it you will know if you are eating too much. just roughly guess. for best results count percise
>>
>>25431862
>fits
>really tightly

exactly anon, it is too tight. go get that shit altered.
>>
File: cardio.gif (137 KB, 1288x2588) Image search: [Google]
cardio.gif
137 KB, 1288x2588
>>25431618
>I want to do my cardio for mental health.

A worthy objective, with lots of additional benefits.

>problem: willpower

Reality: organisation.

>The usual response by normies are insults, "JUST DO IT" or tumblr-tier "love yourself, you are winning just by existing" type stuff. I'm not interested in that, none of it works, I just want to know the psychology behind it. I managed to go jogging every day for a while but then I just stopped.

They say that when they don't know. Here's my response:

You should organise your sessions in a way that limits your reliance on willpower: write up a schedule with days, weeks, anything you want, and fill a square whenever you go running, or use stickers you like. Have a serious plan that's easy to follow and consistent. For example:

>run on mon-wed-fri

These three days. And follow pic related for a routine.

The more planned it gets, the more normal and usual it becomes, the less willpower you'll have to use.

Also add things that make it more fun, like music or podcasts.

Run the same path to see progress happen as you run, time your stuff, look at which tree you pass last before you need a break, things like that. Seeing progress will motivate the shit out of you. It'll keep you going because you'll see things happening.
>>
>>25431861
I'm literally just doing it to be able to do enough of each to pass the fitness test in bootcamp, I should take a rest though, no question, my muscles start to feel like theyre getting electrocuted if I do too many in a day. Fuck.

And I eat Greek yogurt and protein powder mostly, it usually adds up to 100% protein daily needs.

So over 3 weeks of doing this routine, my max pushups have gone from 16 in a row, to 28 in a row, is this a slow increase?
>>
>>25431828
just eat less. don't push yourself by exercising more if you already have a full life of it
>>
>>25431877

>wanting baggy clothes

And how am I supposed to show off these massive guns and shoulders from squatting near every day?

Also if you don't wear tight(ie slim fit) clothes you'll end up with a massive deformation of loose clothes in the mid section, unsightly.
>>
File: 1KzSPAh[1].jpg (37 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1KzSPAh[1].jpg
37 KB, 550x366
Don't eat less, eat more, build muscle, and let it burn energy for you, disregard thread.

>Almost every packaged food today features calorie counts in its label. Most of these counts are inaccurate because they are based on a system of averages that ignores the complexity of digestion.
>Recent research reveals that how many calories we extract from food depends on which species we eat, how we prepare our food, which bacteria are in our gut and how much energy we use to digest different foods.
>Current calorie counts do not consider any of these factors. Digestion is so intricate that even if we try to improve calorie counts, we will likely never make them perfectly accurate.
>>
>>25431887
this trip fag is a pretty okay guy
>>
>>25431889
how long do you have to prepare for the fitness test? that is way too little calories man. do some cardio and some basic calisthenics like you already are, look up a routine that will get your whole body. please eat more and stick with the high proteins
>>
>>25431619
>If you want to be skinny fat for a year and then gain it all back maybe.

If you start eating more calories than you burn, then yes, but that's logical.

> It also promotes the WRONG idea that a calorie is a calorie.

No, you have the wrong idea because you think a calorie is a thing instead of a unit of energy. A kilo is a kilo, a calorie is a calorie. It doesn't matter what it's made of: a kilo of stones weighs the same as a kilo of sand.

A calorie of apples is the same amount of energy as a calorie of pizza. I posted what a calorie actually is ITT; look it up and stop spreading lies.

> 2000 calories of corn chips won't keep you full for long, while you probably can't even eat 2000 calories of chicken in one sitting.

That doesn't matter and makes no difference. Being full is a completely different issue. Willpower, discipline, and hunger, are another problem altogether and change nothing to the fact that a calorie is indeed a calorie. It's easier to carry a kilo of stone with bare hands than it is to carry a kilo of sand with bare hands because the sand will slip through, but that has nothing to do with the value of a kilo.
>>
>>25431887
I did that.
It didn't work.

The sudden leap from 10/8/10 to 25 is absurd.
>>
>>25431900
>slim fit

oh wow

head over to /fa/ or something and look at some fit guides anon.

there should not be obvious strain creases/folds coming from the buttons anon
>>
>>25431891
thanks, cutting icecream and beer at my house should probably do the trick
>>
>>25431828
There's no such thing as spot reduction. That being said, sit ups are probably still a good idea if you don't work your core much.

>eating less shit
This on the other hand will indeed work.
>>
>>25431839
I'm not trolling you anon but what are some of the negatives about looking like this? I think it looks fine
>>
File: donut shirt.jpg (59 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
donut shirt.jpg
59 KB, 500x431
How do I know how much of my weight is water weight? I've gained about 5 kilos since last summer, but I have not visibly gained anything and my pants don't feel any tighter so I think it might be just water weight/poop.
I admit I've been eating with much looser diet than I did before, but I'm not excessively overeating. I just feel like there's no way for me to eat 1500 calories worth every day and feel satisfied. I have to eat a lot so I just eat a lot but without dressings and sauces.
>>
>>25431905
Ignore this poster. He's a self hating fatty.

Cut calories, lose weight. Exercise is for cardiovascular health, but it's a fool's game trying to burn more than you eat.

Weight loss (and muscle building) all happens in the kitchen. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
>>
How many lbs can I lose per week through a caloric deficit in conjunction with exercise while maintaining minimal risk to my health
>>
File: 4-chan-fa-autists-meetup.jpg (905 KB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-fa-autists-meetup.jpg
905 KB, 3110x2073
>>25431932

this shit has been crumpled in a pile of clothing for like 2-3 weeks so it's creased and folded badly.

If I ironed it it woulda been cool.

Also

>/fa/

would YOU take advice from these guys?
>>
I want to lose weight, I bought weights and shit.
But the bottom line is I can't discipline myself. Earlier in the year I tried really hard (started cooking my own meals, balanced my diet, stuck to a rigid routine) and managed about two months before relapsing into junk food and lounging around. I did notice weight loss during this time but I dunno, maybe I didn't feel it was fast enough.
I'm not really sure what I'm asking exactly, but I wanna try and get better this year. How can I overcome the hurdle of discipline? Is there any advice? I'm a fat fuck and I want to change but it doesn't feel like I have enough willpower.
>>
>>25431625
>telling noobs to go 5x5 is setting them up for failure.

Friendo, I made my own partner do this. She is the weakest female there is and she's doing great on that program.

The part you're missing is that you should always lift what you can. On 5 reps, you use a weight that you couldn't do 8 reps with, which STATES that you CAN do 5 reps with it. It doesn't matter if the weight you use is 1 kilo. That makes no difference. It's always adapted to you.

My partner uses DB that weigh 3 kilos each, it's nothing a beginner can't work with. Your argument is literally worthless.

> they're not going to know how to do 5 reps of something to fail.

They're not supposed to. Going to failure is what idiots who want to feel like big boys do. I never go to failure and I'm doing fine.

>beginners need to start with high reps so they can work the endurance of their muscles and get comfortable with lifting.

I'm not so sure. Getting good endurance isn't a bad thing, but doing this will extend the work out by a lot, without giving good results, and is more akin to cardio than anything, which may discourage more than one beginner.

I'll assume you didn't think I was considering very low weights for my program.
>>
>>25431951
>>25431774
I'm losing about 3.5 pounds a week. Have lost 11 in 3 weeks. At the expense of having all my milk and cereal go expired before I can eat it. I was 176, now 165, goal is 158.
>>
>>25431942
>I've gained about 5 kilos since last summer
>been eating with much looser diet

you were probably eating at around maint before, now you've started eating above, so you've gained.

>I just feel like there's no way for me to eat 1500 calories worth every day and feel satisfied

look into food that is more nutritional dense (brown rice over white etc) and cut foods are are dense in calories while being light on nutrition
>>
>>25431938
thanks

fuck mutes
u
c
k

m
u
t
e
s
>>
>>25431959
hahaha good point anon.

still think its too tight around the chest and looks kinda off, but whatevs
>>
>>25431951
Ignore health. You have been for sometime if you're fat, so what's a few weeks of extreme dieting?

Eat 1 meal a day because you are too dumb to count calories otherwise.

Fast 2 non-sequential days per week.

I did this, and lost 60 pounds in 6 months with no detriment. Had blood work done and everything.
>>
>>25431951
It is generally recommended to aim for 1-2 pounds a week by reducing calories by 500 - 800 per day.
>>
>>25431972
Do you know if the weight lost is fat?>>25431972
>>
>>25431631
>body builders who exercise for size use machines for isolation.

Yes, because they want to look like clouds, so it works for them, but these muscles aren't used to work together, as a result, and they end up weaker than they look. It's mostly show. I remember seeing a tennisman beat a bodybuilder at arm-wrestling and couldn't believe it. I don't recommend isolation for anyone.

>but everyone lifts for a different reason.

And body-building reasons are least likely to be the reasons for people on this board or anyone interested in being healthy and looking great.

>anyone can do whatever they want and if he wants to have tiny legs and huge arms or an insane core and no arms who are we to stop him.

Yes, but since I know this isn't good or beneficial, I'll state as much.

> there are also plenty of routines you can use on machines for your whole body,

Yes, but they will require more time and more energy for lesser results. By using a machine that isolates, you'll have to use 5 machines to work the whole muscle group when you could have done a single exercise to work all of them with free weights, and working these together makes you stronger because they literally work together, whereas with machines, they work separately, which makes you weaker.

>though definitely more time consuming and impractical if you are doing a home gym.

And more expensive. Dumbbells are the cheapest option that works, barbell is superior to all machines and infinitely cheaper.
>>
>>25431951
depends on how fat you are.

more than 30% bf, over 2 a week is fine
less than 30% aim for 2 a week or a 3500 cal deficit
>>
>>25431505
Where did you get this routine?
>>
>>25431968
Browse /fit/. It's mostly shitposting these days but certain threads like progress threads and the like may help you stay motivated.
>>
>>25431640

Robots, is this a maymay from your board that I'm not aware of? I literally don't know what's going on here.

>>25431643

That wasn't my answer, I'd not call you a little bitch. It takes about a month to get used to it, but mostly, when you start enjoying it, it becomes easier. When you see progress, you start loving it.
>>
>>25431660
>Muscle and fat take forever to leave me though, easily put on.

Lower your caloric intake. Make sure you eat enough protein, and you'll be fine. You'll keep getting muscle because of the protein and the excess fat on you, while burning excess fat.

You'll thus lose weight and keep gaining muscle.
>>
>want to lose fat
>do not want to lose muscle

wat do?
>>
>>25432049
literally just cut and hope for the best
>>
>>25431664
>go and fuck yourself, your board is a joke, why don't you get a PT degree wagecuck

I personally have a literature degree and a full time job. /fit/ is jokes and many people go there to laugh and troll around, yes, but if you're serious, you'll also get good advice. I am not the board, and I haven't come here to be funny or spout maymays or worship men's bodies and look at dicks while saying "no homo" like a repressed schoolboy.

Don't be upset and tell me what you're interested in for your own body.
>>
I need another back exercise other than pullups to add to my training, any suggestions ?
I've got only 1x15kg dumbbell.
>>
>>25431328

I'm looking for a routine to do once I've exhausted my noob gains on Starting Strength. I need something as specific as possible. Saying "PPL" isn't enough for me. What I liked about SS is that the program was the program, you didn't fuck with it, you just followed it and did the work sets no matter what. I need a new program. My main goal is gaining mass and musculature, not just developing strength, although I'm not at 1/2/3/4 yet.
>>
>>25431328
Nice to see you again.
I'm going to start your 5x5 program in a few hours and I had a question.
I only own a single dumbbell. Last time you told me it was fine.
My question is when should I switch arm? After each rep? Or after each set? Should I do 5x5 left arm, then 5x5 right arm?
For military and shoulder press exercises.
>>
>>25431665
>I feel "JUST DO IT" is the best answer.

And you're wrong. You know how to do it, so "just do it" is enough for you, but for people who have never "done it", they literally don't know where to start. To you, it's intuitive, you've done it already, you know what to do, they don't.

> The more you think about it, the less likely you'll do it.

Planning can help greatly. Knowing what you're supposed to do helps shitloads as well.

>The only time I skip is when I overthink and make excuses like, "my elbow hurts too much, better take a month off"

Yeah, I used to think like you, "Elbow hurts a bit, not soreness, but he, I ain't no pussy, I can finish my set!" and then I snapped my shit up and couldn't do anything with my eblow for 5 weeks. I worked out around the exercises I could no longer do. So yeah...
>>
>>25431682
>When most people measure calories they are using it as a measurement of food.

Energy. Food is energy we eat, and the amount of energy each food has varies and is measured in calories.

If people don't know what calories are, it doesn't change the reality of it. 1 calorie is always 1 calorie, whether your belly feels filled or not. That's completely beside the point. Nothing says 1 calorie has to be filling or not, that's stupid and unrelated.
>>
>>25432091
>I only own a single dumbbell

Not OP but I can't believe stupid shit like this even gets posted. GO TO A FUCKING GYM. It's like saying "hey I want to play Crysis 3 but I don't have a graphics card, I only have a laptop with Intel integrated graphics".
>>
>>25431701
>or is that a bad idea?

It's a bad idea. Aim to lose 1 pound or half a kilo a week, no more.

>>25431757

OP picture is all you need for starters. Eating well is mostly eating "natural" food items, i.e. unprocessed, and eating a variety of food. I don't know a PDF book about it that I could recommend. Sorry.
>>
File: 1450002820394.jpg (922 KB, 1562x4158) Image search: [Google]
1450002820394.jpg
922 KB, 1562x4158
>>25431762
>Any advice for a fat, social recluse on manning up and going to the gym?

A home gym is a possibility you should look into.

Got a thousand to spend? Get a barbell, a bench, a power rack and cage and you have the best home gym possible; if your cage has pullups and dips, you're in heaven for fitness.

Less money? Get dumbbells and do the program I posted before.

Got no money? Do each column of pic related. Start easy, always do 5 sets, then increase reps, when you reach 20, do the more difficult version of the same exercise.
>>
>>25432134
Fucker, not everyone has 2 hours to spare every other day, some people have jobs and families.
>>
>>25432121
>1 calorie is always 1 calorie, whether your belly feels filled or not.

this is so critical for people trying to lose weight.

a calorie from white rice is no where near as filling as a calorie from brown rice, due to different the different GI.

It's also why fast food is so dangerous, 1000 cal of fast food won't even compare to 1000 cal of like brown rice, chicken, broccoli and hot sauce... in regards to how satisfied/full it will leave you.
>>
>>25431774
>How many calories do 200 pushups + 200 crunches burn in a day? I'm doing that

Stop. You're better off running at this rate. This is literally cardio. Any repetition that goes beyond 20 is pure cardio, you're not getting stronger or even more resistant.

Do more difficult pushups and keep it under 20 reps, always. See my previous post, it has a chart of that.

>I'm doing that plus eating 6-800 calories daily and I feel like I'm dying, this has been going on for a few weeks

The hell, what are you doing? Also, crunches are a shit, don't do them, do regular situps without anchoring your feet (or else you'll hurt your back muscles).

This is crazy. What's your goal exactly?
>>
>>25432175
but a fuck load of people have 2 hours spare several times a week to watch tv etc
>>
File: example.jpg (187 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
187 KB, 1240x1754
>>25431818
>What can I avoid eating to lose weight without counting calories?

Not counting calories will make it very complicated because you'll never know when you can eat more or not, and you'll never be able to eat safely, because you don't know. Counting calories makes it so that you can feast on something without guilt because you know you can.

That said, cut the soda entirely, and fruit juice, drink only water, go very easy on bread.

That said, you need to count your calories, because hunger won't always be a good indication of how many calories you've eaten. It's really not hard to count, just do it. Use this chart.
>>
Can I exercise without losing weight? I'm already a skeleton.
>>
>>25431828
>Im thinking sit ups and eating less shit could probably do the trick, right?

Eating less calories, yes. Doing situps and nothing else is pretty pointless. Eating less will work just fine.
>>
>>25432198
Just to be able to get to 50 crunches and 50 pushups in a row to pass Navy PT test in boot.

If I eat more than 1000 calories I am afraid I won't be able to restrain myself, so this is how I make sure I'm not tempted, its like an all or nothing thing.
>>
>>25432175

If that's your weak ass excuse you are a fucking retard and should just give up. Keep watching Netflix, that's more your thing.
>>
>>25431827

mirin' 3 month progress
>>
>>25431889
>I should take a rest though, no question, my muscles start to feel like theyre getting electrocuted if I do too many in a day. Fuck.

You're risking losing them. This is cardio at this rep range, and your body will start tapping into your muscles to have enough energy.

If you got stronger instead, you'd STILL be able to do more pushups, because you'd be stronger. It's senseless doing what you do. Please stop. Do harder pushups, lift heavier.

>>25431889
>So over 3 weeks of doing this routine, my max pushups have gone from 16 in a row, to 28 in a row, is this a slow increase?

No, it's fucking huge. Remember, beyond 20 becomes cardio and pointless. Use free weights now, or do harder pushups, but keep it under 20 at any rate. If you can do more, do a more difficult exercise as in pic.
>>
>>25431905
>Most of these counts are inaccurate because they are based on a system of averages that ignores the complexity of digestion.

Bullshit. Most calorie count are slightly inferior to the real amount of calories, yes, but the complexity of digestion is bullshit fat people and food companies want you to believe.

No matter how complex it gets: if you eat 1000 calories, that's 1000 calories in your body, period.

Literally everything in your post is propaganda targetting the one true thing we need to lose weight: calorie counting. Of course they'd attack that, if people knew how simple it was, they'd never try diets again, or weight watchers, and they'd buy less food too.

No corporation wants that. You're being their little bitch by spreading this bullshit without realising it is.
>>
File: 1445954188261.jpg (91 KB, 504x600) Image search: [Google]
1445954188261.jpg
91 KB, 504x600
>>25431328
I've been in the gym for 6 months now. I used to be 110 lbs at 5'11". Now I am 160 lbs. I look much better and I am still very thin, but I have put on basically a bunch of pure muscle. However, I can still only lift babyweights. My dead lift is 160 lbs (not including bar weight), my bench press is just 1 plate, my squats are just less than 2 plate.

I look better, but I'm still weak. Do I just keep eating and lifting and increasing weight? Every once in a while I try to increase my weight, but every time the feeling I get affirms that I'm attempting more than I can handle, I end up doing just 3-4 reps and then decreasing the weight to my normal amount. I'm not even sure what my question is. Just give me general advice or commentary about my situation?
>>
>>25431906

Thank you. I only use a trip here so you know which post is mine. Not gonna use it anywhere else.

>>25431928

Then adapt knowingly. Listen to your body and you'll find that you'll almost always know better when you do that. Nothing wrong with sticking around at a certain level to get stronger before moving on.
>>
File: ';gfh'fg';fgfghfg.png (76 KB, 251x244) Image search: [Google]
';gfh'fg';fgfghfg.png
76 KB, 251x244
>>25431959
fa is shit but bruh you look like an autist.

theres a way suits should fit an you'll still look good in a suit that fits. Also wear your fuking suit properly and lose the fucking earings, you look like my fucking aunt.

jfc it should not be this hard
>>
>>25431505

Why do military press AND shoulder press? They seem to be the exact same exercise
>>
>>25431905
>thing has been proven to work time and time again
>thing isn't perfect/aspects still being explored
>lets discount thing

fatty logic
>>
>There are people in 2016 who still think calories is what will make you lose fat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYlIcXynwE
>>
>>25431933
>thanks, cutting icecream and beer at my house should probably do the trick

Provided you end up with a caloric deficit. If you don't, you won't lose weight. See OP pic.

>>25431938
>There's no such thing as spot reduction.

100% truth.

>>25431939
>I'm not trolling you anon but what are some of the negatives about looking like this? I think it looks fine

Purely esthetically speaking, it looks like death and ladies won't be attracted to you unless you're a rock star and they're bisexual. More seriously, the problem is that you have no strength with this physique, and THAT is a real problem: it means your bones have only themselves to stand on. With muscles, your bones get a holiday and don't have to endure as much because your muscles take the load. You'd have more energy on a daily basis because everything would be easier for you to do, with more strength, you'd be more resistent to everything, less likely to break a bone or tear a muscle, you could eat MORE because muscles consume more calories.

You'd also age more gracefully and remain youthful way into your 60's. You won't believe the difference it makes to be fit when it comes to aging; most things we attribute to age should actually be attributed to unfitness, aging without training just does that, but if you train, you can look hot for decades to come.
>>
>>25431328
GO BACK TO FIT GO BACK TO FIT GO BACK TO FIT GO BACK TO FIT

YOU HAVE YOUR OWN BOARD

PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DISCUSS FITNESS GO THERE

YOU DONT COME HERE

FAGGOTS

FCUK OFF

FUCK OFF

FCUK OFF
>>
>>25431942
>How do I know how much of my weight is water weight?

You don't, and it doesn't matter. We're two thirds made of water, so it really doesn't matter. The only water you should consider is urine. Piss that shit out and weigh yourself afterwards: water weight problem solved. Water weight is never much of your weight.

> I just feel like there's no way for me to eat 1500 calories worth every day and feel satisfied. I

You must not have met beans, then. Try eating 1500 calories of bean one day and I guaranty you'll be filled the fuck up and swearing at food, provided you can even finish such a meal.
>>
>>25432384
Shut the fuck up failure
>>
File: calorie.gif (14 KB, 398x329) Image search: [Google]
calorie.gif
14 KB, 398x329
>>25431947

I support this. If you want to burn calories through exercising, you'll have to do shitloads of cardio to have any significant effect, compared to just eating less.

Your body consumes more energy to maintain itself than you'd spend doing 2 hours of running, typically. It's easier NOT to eat a chocolate bar than it is to BURN the calories you'd eat from that bar.
>>
>>25432401
go back to your own board made just for faggots like you

>>>/fit/
>>
>>25431951
>How many lbs can I lose per week through a caloric deficit in conjunction with exercise while maintaining minimal risk to my health

Precisely 1 pound per week, or half a kilo.

Don't aim for more. (Unless you do heavy cardio.)

>>25431959

Saw what you did there.
>>
>>25432430
go back to your own board

fuck off

faggot

go away

jew nigger

faggot

>>>/fit/
>>>/fit/
>>
That's a stupid picture. What the hell kind of faggot maintains on 2000 Calories or gains on 2500?

I couldn't imagine eating less than 3000 a day. I might could understand if it's for women, but the pictures are of a man. Also lol at cutting on 1500. That's a good way to kiss your gains goodbye unless you're on fucking tren. I just take dnp like everyone else does on a cut
>>
>>25431328
Go back, fitfag
>>
>>25432300
Dude you must be ottermode by now, that's perfect for sexually reproduction. Why lift more?
>>
>>25431328
That picture.

>celiac disease
>gastroparesis
>enzyme deficiency
>magnesium deficiency
>Crohn's disease
>heavy metal toxicity
>pancreatitis
>implying implications

You're retarded if you think nutrition/weight loss is as simple as that picture. For example, calories from certain proteins will stimulate fat loss, whereas some calorie free beverages can cause fat retention.

Not eating, literally getting zero calories, can almost stop your metabolism making it difficult to lose weight in the short term, then when you start to eat again that picture becomes as scientifically accurate as creationism.

Also, yeah, genetics have a huge impact on whether you can bulk up or lose weight. Genetics have an impact on literally everything, I get that a lot of people use it as an excuse, and most people can lose weight if they try, but to suggest that's universally case just shows how much of a scientifically illiterate spaztard you are.
>>
Do you have any links for weight lifting routines for semi beginners? I havent lifted in 4 years, so i doubt I could hit my old maxs, but i plan on starting again this year, but i dont know how many of what I should do.

Old Max
>Bench
250x5
>Squat
550x5
>>
>>25431968
>I want to lose weight, I bought weights and shit.
>But the bottom line is I can't discipline myself.

See answer about discipline from before. Basically: organise, plan. Once everything is ready and you know exactly what to do, then and only then will you have to "just do it". That will be simple.

Schedule a specific time if that helps you, that way you don't even have to spontaneously choose when to work out, you'd know when to work out.

>Earlier in the year I tried really hard (started cooking my own meals, balanced my diet, stuck to a rigid routine) and managed about two months before relapsing into junk food and lounging around.

You probably tried too hard and that's why it failed. The idea that it has to be humongously hard is what makes most people fail. It isn't that hard. You can relax more than that, you can even have a Big Mac once in a while. You don't need rigid routines, you need something that works in the long run. Get this, as part of MY routine, I snapped and ate a whole jar of strawberry jam with a spoon. What happened? I got a whole load of extra calories for that day, but in the grand scheme of things, it's fucking nothing. A kilo of fat on your body is 7700kcal.

Have some perspective and don't be anal to yourself. It's not all or nothing, it's progression in the long run.

>maybe I didn't feel it was fast enough.

It's going to be slow. That's why the long run matters more than anything: be consistent, do it for the long run, not some one-time trick to suddenly be someone else.

>>25431968
>I'm not really sure what I'm asking exactly, but I wanna try and get better this year. How can I overcome the hurdle of discipline?

You plan and organise and leave as little room to willpower as possible. There'll be nothing left but to "do it" in the end.

What weights do you have?
>>
>>25431905

So what your saying is all foods conservatively greatly overestimate the amount of calories in them? How does that make a difference for someone trying to lose weight then? Besides that it couldn't matter less. If a days worth of food has 69 squooples of energy, of 50000000000000000000000000 peepeepoopoos of energy it makes no difference. Find out what your bmr is in squooples or peepeepoopoos and consume less or more than that depending on your goals to achieve the body composition you want.
>>
>>25432416
Holy shit, another scientific picture.

Hey Nick, do us all a favour and drink two gallons of petrol for fuel you fuckwit.
>>
>>25432472
>implying eating a deficit over a substantial period of time will not result in weight loss

fucking fatties
>>
>>25432021

Originally, I looked up DB exercises that'd work my entire upper body. That's what it's based on. I added other exercise to complete it and make it a full body routine, that's why it has squats.

I've used it myself and can guarantee that it works wonders. It's made of compound movements, no isolation, in the same spirit as SS or SL and both of these are known to give the best results.
>>
>>25432494
kill yourself

my mang
>>
>>25432023

This. /fit/ loves fat people who make an effort as much as they hate those who don't. You'd be welcomed there and many anons are just like you. Just understand that homo humor is rampant and that most anons like to shitpost and you'll be fine.

>>25432049

Eat plenty of protein, about 1 gram per body kilo and keep working out. No muscle loss.

Bodies tap into muscles if you don't eat anything for 3 days generally, or if you stop using your muscles for over 2 to 3 weeks.
>>
>>25432491
>implying you're being coherent
>implying I'm fat

A deficit in what? Some people have micro-nutrient deficiencies that cause weight gain, some fatties need to eat MORE.
>>
>>25432472
Yeah, it's pretty naive not to take metabolism into account. Changing the macros ratio in the diet may be more efficient than counting calories. Look into low carb high fat diets, those seem to be pretty efficient in weight loss.
>>
>>25432517
fuck off

>>25432518
wow ur retarded
>>
>>25432084
>I need another back exercise other than pullups to add to my training, any suggestions ?

France?

Back exercises: rows. 15 kilos is damn heavy, but if you can do rows with it, then go for it.
>>
>>25432518
obviously calories

and citation needed
>>
>>25432465
my ex dumped me because I was too small and she likes linebackers, so I have a bad case of body dysmorphia and will always think that I am small
>>
>>25431458

I am a nurse and had a patient with diabetes fuck up their blood sugar. I asked if they had anything with sugar in it recently and they said no. After more probing I found out they had a carb heavy meal. She claimed to no't know that carbs are sugar. This is a person who's been sat down with nurses, dietitians, and doctors for years, spoonfed information, and sent home with shitloads of literature.

The average american has had plenty of education on food. It's even in the laws. Vending machines and fast food restaurants display the calories in big bold print next to the price, and some even go a step further and give macros. It's not a problem of education, but of plugging their ears and screaming "lalalalala I won't hear you!!!".
>>
I've been seeing a physiotherapist for about a month because I want to fix my shitty posture nd get strong. She's had me using almost exclusively machines. Admittedly because I've had bad posture since I was a child I figured I have some uneven muscles going on and probably free weights have more opportunity to fuck up and hurt my back further. I don't know if I'm just brosciencing here though, should I be asking her about free weight exercises?are there any machines which are compound instead of isolating?
>>
>>25432527
What kind of calories? Calories from protein? Simple carbohydrates? Complex carbohydrates? Fructose? Glucose? Fat?

>and citation needed
>>25432472
>>
>>25431475

Water makes up like 70% of our weight. It's way more than a kilo.
>>
>>25432535
keep doing what your specialist tells you anon

ask her about free weights and when/if it would be possible to transition to them

physiotherapist > personal trainer
>>
>>25432089
>. I need a new program.

Can you still lift heavier with SS? If yes, then continue, if not, then I am not the best person to ask.

>My main goal is gaining mass and musculature, not just developing strength,

Thing is, you get more muscle mass when you get stronger. The only question is whether you want to look like a body builder or a strongman.

But unless you're at very advanced levels, this won't be a question for you.

>pic related is a strongman who does SS/SL type of work out, several times strongest man in the world, now doing MMA and annihilating everyone

https://youtu.be/RYXeLiWb8Pc
>>
>>25432541
>linking to their own post as a citation

and yes, calories.
>>
>>25432564
kill yourslef

fuck off to >>>/fit/

>>25432541
jesus christ you're fucking retarded
>>
>>25432573
>www.wikipedia.org
>>
>>25432091
>Nice to see you again.

Hello. It's me.

>>25432091
>I'm going to start your 5x5 program in a few hours and I had a question.

All right.

>>25432091
>I only own a single dumbbell. Last time you told me it was fine.

Better than fine, yes.

>>25432091
>My question is when should I switch arm? After each rep? Or after each set? Should I do 5x5 left arm, then 5x5 right arm?

After each set. Reps are done in succession, so you do your 5 reps with right arm, then 5 with left. While you work out one arm, the other can rest, although you may need up to 2 minutes to get enough rest. If you can't redo 5 reps, get more rest. You'll work it out as you go.

So yeah, you switch after each set.
>>
>>25431328
How to gain strenght and stamina without building lot of muscles (I want to be still skinny but I want to be able to run fast to do handstands...)???
>>
File: 12yo.jpg (12 KB, 238x320) Image search: [Google]
12yo.jpg
12 KB, 238x320
>>25432577
>yourslef
>>
>>25432588
>wikipedia
>citation

wow
>>
>>25432134
>Not OP but I can't believe stupid shit like this even gets posted.

Friendo, be unmad. There are no stupid questions, if someone doesn't know something, that's how it is and you can only answer.

Apparently silly questions often come from the fact that the person who asks has way more parameters in their consideration than you think of, because you know the deal, and intelligent people who don't know can only imagine, and they'll imagine a lot, hence questions such as these, which I fully understand.
>>
>>25432355
>Gary Taubes

Listening to joos
>>
>>25432573
>calories

Okay, simpleton.
>>
>>25432175
>Fucker, not everyone has 2 hours to spare every other day, some people have jobs and families.

Go for 45 minutes to an hour. It shouldn't take much longer than that.

>>25432185
>this is so critical for people trying to lose weight.

Yes.

>>25432185
>It's also why fast food is so dangerous, 1000 cal of fast food won't even compare to 1000 cal of like brown rice, chicken, broccoli and hot sauce... in regards to how satisfied/full it will leave you.

Not so sure. Two Big Macs will be around 1000kcal and will fill up a lot of people. 1000kcal of brocoli will certainly fill you up more, but that's not because of the calories, it's because veggies have little calories, so you need to eat more of it.
>>
>>25432605
> a list of things you could look up on wikipedia.

Obviously I need to connect the dots for you since you're legally retarded.
>>
File: 1450868107552.png (104 KB, 660x187) Image search: [Google]
1450868107552.png
104 KB, 660x187
>>25432230
>Can I exercise without losing weight? I'm already a skeleton.

Of course, just eat more. If you have trouble eating, look at the beginning of this thread. I responded to it fully.
>>
>>25432628
>reverting to name calling
>still not providing citation
>>
>>25432656
>citation
>citation
>citation
>yup that's my argument
>wut is google hurr durr
>citation
>i gots nothing so
>CITATION
>CITATION HURRR CITATION
>>
>>25432237
>If I eat more than 1000 calories I am afraid I won't be able to restrain myself,

I misread, I thought you were eating 6 to 8000 cals a day, but this is perhaps worse. You need more, definitely. Your body will soon tap into your muscles if it hasn't already. It probably has. This isn't enough food for a little girl who does nothing.

Get 1500 or 2000, at least. It's better to overeat than not at this point.

Eat beans if you're scared of hunger. You'll have to eat so many beans you'll get sick of food before you reach 2000.
>>
>>25432667
>make statement
>do not provide evidence
>getting mad over greentexting
>>
>>25432656
Why bother? You're a stupid faggot who's just going to believe whatever they want to believe, independent of any citation.
>>
>>25432300
>However, I can still only lift babyweights.

Relative. The only thing that matters is that you keep good form and increase the weight every so often. Nothing else matters.

> Do I just keep eating and lifting and increasing weight?

Yep, that's how it goes.

>Every once in a while I try to increase my weight, but every time the feeling I get affirms that I'm attempting more than I can handle, I end up doing just 3-4 reps and then decreasing the weight to my normal amount.

Then do this: keep the previous weight, but go over 5 reps as much as you can (though not to failure). When you can do 8 reps with ease, that's when you add weight and do 5 reps of that weight.
>>
>>25432602

The /fit/ meme is low reps for strength, high reps for hypertrophy. The real answer is train for what you want to do. It sounds like gymnastics and running is what you want to do. GEt on a program for speed in running, what fast is probably depends on distance. If you're running 100m then 10mph might be slow, if you're running a marathon then that's like some speedy gonzalez shit. If you don't want to join a gym and prance around in tights then look up a simple calisthenics program like convict conditioning. Most likely though you won't have any problems with gaining too much muscles. The more muscle you have the stronger you are. The typical gymrat is more than strong enough to do a handstand. Balance and coordination is the real issue.
>>
>>25432679
>>25432679
>le u mad maymay
>projecting

next you say you were merely pretending to be retarded
>>
>>25432649
whats that pic from?

desu
>>
>>25432692
Not at all anon, if there's a good paper on this I'd love to read it.

But being told to check wiki/self referencing deserves nothing more than a greentext shit post reply.
>>
>>25432333
>Why do military press AND shoulder press? They seem to be the exact same exercise

Shoulder presses focus on your shoulder while military presses don't as much.

>>25432355

Calories is where it's at. Denying that is saying that science is shit.

>>25432384

A lot of people would start getting fit if they knew what they don't know, that is why I am here.

>>25432407

Same response.

>>25432450
>That's a stupid picture. What the hell kind of faggot maintains on 2000 Calories or gains on 2500?

Anyone. I gain on 1800.

>>25432450
>I couldn't imagine eating less than 3000 a day.

Are you surprised there are major differences between humans who have very different bodies? You shouldn't. Michael Phelps eats 12'000 calories a day, you're like a little girl next to his consumption of food. It really shouldn't matter.
>>
>>25432711
>moved totally off topic

well, at least you know when you're beat
>>
>>25432474
>>25432474
>>25432474
Anyone have advice? I figure starting too easy would be a waste of time.
>>
>>25432472
>You're retarded if you think nutrition/weight loss is as simple as that picture.

It is. Special conditions notwithstanding.

>>25432472
>For example, calories from certain proteins will stimulate fat loss, whereas some calorie free beverages can cause fat retention.

Calories aren't things that exist, silly. It's like saying "kilos from certain food weigh more or less than kilos from other foods", it's absolutely mentally insane to even say that. Calories are a measure of energy. Energy is energy no matter where it is. This is stupid.
>>
>>25432474
>Do you have any links for weight lifting routines for semi beginners?

SS or SL. You can do these as an absolute beginner.

Check these tutorials for form.

Work Out Tutorials

https://youtu.be/F3QY5vMz_6I?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/-4qRntuXBSc?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/Dy28eq2PjcM?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/rT7DgCr-3pg?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/7HRqB30lxmo?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/423Ew_DQC40
>>
>>25432594
Thank you very much man.
>>
>>25432486
>Holy shit, another scientific picture.

God forbid we use science to understand how our bodies work!

>>25432486
>Hey Nick, do us all a favour and drink two gallons of petrol for fuel you fuckwit.

Meanie.

>>25432509

Meanie 2.0.

>>25432518
>A deficit in what?

A calorific deficit will always make you lose weight. No way around it. By definition.
>>
>>25432523
>Changing the macros ratio in the diet may be more efficient than counting calories.

No, because if you don't know how many calories you eat, you have zero control on anything. That can lead to weight gains or weight losses, regardless of this, you won't be in control.

>>25432530

Then mentally get rid of this woman and focus on science and facts: your actual height is your actual heights, feelings need not apply.
>>
I am 5'9 132lbs
How to get brolic?
>>
File: tumblr_nz4toxpBQr1qgthdfo3_540.png (398 KB, 529x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz4toxpBQr1qgthdfo3_540.png
398 KB, 529x810
>>25432531
>This is a person who's been sat down with nurses, dietitians, and doctors for years, spoonfed information, and sent home with shitloads of literature.
>>
>>25432486

Do you mean gasoline? Only homos call it petrol. The human body can't use that for energy though. It uses carbohydrates, fat, and protein. Think about it, you wouldn't put diesel in a porsche, or kerosene in an airplane, or protein shakes in a nuclear submarine.
>>
>>25432564

The guy's also on massive roids and eats a candy bar every hour. Not exactly a model to go by.

What routine do you do now?

>Can you still lift heavier with SS?

No, that's why I need to switch. I also hate squatting heavy every day, and squatting and deadlifting heavy on the same day. And I'd rather work more on my upper body than my trex legs.
>>
>>25432535
>She's had me using almost exclusively machines.

Doing it wrong. You're better off doing very light weightlifting with compound movements than using machines (depends which though).

>probably free weights have more opportunity to fuck up and hurt my back further. I

If you lift light enough and maintain good form, nothing bad will happen. Use dumbbells instead of barbell and you will be fine.

Do this:

Military Presses
https://youtu.be/HMvzUDwaBeA

Shoulder Presses DB
https://youtu.be/B-aVuyhvLHU

French Presses
https://youtu.be/RQMQR9r99lg

Rows
https://youtu.be/-koP10y1qZI

Squats
https://youtu.be/UXJrBgI2RxA

Pushups (wall, table)
https://youtu.be/a6YHbXD2XlU

------------------------------------------

Program:

5x5 military presses (5 sets of 5 repetitions)
5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

You will get a stronger back with this. The weight you use is light enough that you can do 5 reps but too heavy for you to do 8. In doubt, lift lighter and do more reps, no more than 20 in any case. That's a way to do it safely.
>>
>>25432541
>What kind of calories? Calories from protein? Simple carbohydrates? Complex carbohydrates? Fructose? Glucose? Fat?

Are you seriously stupid? My God...

A CALORIE is a measure of ENERGY! It measures the energy in these foods! It's not a THING.

How long is 10 meters of wood? How long is 10 meters of iron? IT'S FUCKING TEN METERS!

How heavy is 10 kilos of wood? How heavy is ten kilos of sand?

How much energy is there in 10 calories of apples? How much energy is there in 10 calories of big mac? 10 FUCKING CALORIES IN BOTH!

How can you NOT understand this???
>>
>>25432546
>Water makes up like 70% of our weight. It's way more than a kilo.

He's talking about the water that will leave you (urine). Otherwise, water is in everything pretty much. 70% of your body isn't "water weight".

>>25432602
>How to gain strenght and stamina without building lot of muscles (I want to be still skinny but I want to be able to run fast to do handstands...)???

Feasible. Just don't lift heavy and you'll be fine. Do bodyweights as in pic I posted ITT, in the beginning.

If you do cardio, you'll be less likely to put on mass; unless you lift heavier and heavier shit, you'll never get bigger muscles.
>>
>>25432842
Does anyone know where is this from?
>>
>>25432605

Friend, asking what a calorie is like asking what a meter or a kilo is. It's just retarded.

>>25432695
>The /fit/ meme is low reps for strength, high reps for hypertrophy.

It's not a meme, and it's not that.

1 to 3 = strength where your muscles don't get bigger but they learn to be more efficient, so you get more strength without getting volume,for some time, then you plateau.

5 to 8 reps = best range for strength, you'll grow muscles accordingly, because strength is mass, you can only lift more with more muscle once your muscles got their shit together.

8 to 20 = resistence, you don't get much stronger, but you get good at doing the same shit again and again

beyond 20 = silliness, literally just cardio
>>
>>25432722

Rippetoe's Starting Strength. I use this bit to show that GOMAD is only for skinny people who need to put on weight. Too many silly people start SS and eat 6000kcal a day while already being fat.

>>25432783

Welcome.

>>25432828

SS/SL, any of the programs I posted ITT.

>>25432877
>The guy's also on massive roids

They get tested for strongman, he would have been disqualified decades ago.
>>
File: what is a calorie.png (49 KB, 1288x407) Image search: [Google]
what is a calorie.png
49 KB, 1288x407
>>25432905

Saved it and sharing it because I feel I'll have to explain this again and again.
>>
>>25432944

Probably from the BBC. They have tons of programs about fat people. What they generally do, though, is they send moderately fat Brits to America, to meet enormously fat Americans. Brits do this a lot: they sent their Jerry Springer to America to shit talk you guys, same with fatties. It's a way to sort of face the problem without feeling too bad about it.
>>
>>25433054
BBC is fucking huge. There is no way i could just shoot and find this particular documentary.
>>
I've finally caught up with the thread. Sorry about my delayed responses, I literally do nothing else but type type type.

>>25433082
>BBC is fucking huge. There is no way i could just shoot and find this particular documentary.

Let me ask my British woman. She knows everything about fat people. Do you want more?

She has seen nearly everything the BBC has shown about fatties.
>>
>>25433082

I have summoned an expert, you'll get stuff very soon, though probably not that very documentary.
>>
File: 1404328733649.jpg (458 KB, 640x3904) Image search: [Google]
1404328733649.jpg
458 KB, 640x3904
>>25433082

In the meantime...
>>
>>25433102
Yes. I want more.
>>
>>25433005

Man even Elliott Hulse said he roided to win a strongman competition. I thought it was well known that Pudzianowski roids.
>>
File: 1412582864987.jpg (546 KB, 640x5030) Image search: [Google]
1412582864987.jpg
546 KB, 640x5030
>>25433168

Be patient and you'll get more than you'll want...
>>
>>25433102
>>25432944
Fat show lover here (I watch them while I work out) that particular segment is from a show called weight loss ward, have a link my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPmtBg4wPH0

There's a bunch of great brit show on fat people out there. Embarrassing bodies, fat doctors, secret eaters, supersize vs superskinny etc.

Also hi boopy you're a good boopi
>>
>>25431328
So I can't help but ask, what about those of us who live sedentary lives(Burning very few calories) and maintain almost none of the weight we eat, it seems like your chart is painting the human metabolism with some pretty broad strokes.
>>
File: 1450651546908.jpg (19 KB, 535x393) Image search: [Google]
1450651546908.jpg
19 KB, 535x393
>>25433171
>Elliott Hulse

Absolutely terrifying.

https://youtu.be/nlABFsv72Lg

Don't watch this if you aren't prepared for absolute lunacy. It's a goldmine for keks, though. You can make 40 webms from this (with sound would be better).
>>
>>25432171
>Any advice for a fat, social recluse on manning up and going to the gym?

Sure: man up and go. Not even trolling. Just fucking do it, how much of a faggot do you even have to be to not want to go in a room?
>>
>>25433193

Damn, she found the exact show! Bravo.

Enjoy, anon.

Boopy, post some nice bits from those shows, if you have time and can and want.
>>
>>25433210

You didn't answer me earlier, what's your routine? What routines have you gone through in the past?
>>
>>25433171

OP is full of shit. They definitely roid. Everyone who isn't a lardass or lanklet roids. There is no point in lifting without roids. They aren't even expensive. You can literally google that shit and buy on the clearnet. A trt dose would run you about $20 a month on the ridiculously expensive side of things. Even IFBB pro level blasting and cruising shouldn't be more than $500/mo, and that's doing grams of gear a week, orals, ancillaries, getting regular blood tests, and doing gh, slin, and peptides on top of it all.
>>
>>25433210
Do ten reps of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHFYEQRnQew
>>
Literal Hamplanet here, ive cut my diet to 1800 calories and im curious about the best form of exercise someone like me can do? stick to cardio or lift weights?
>>
File: 1387708841768.jpg (260 KB, 580x819) Image search: [Google]
1387708841768.jpg
260 KB, 580x819
>>25433195
>So I can't help but ask, what about those of us who live sedentary lives(Burning very few calories) and maintain almost none of the weight we eat, it seems like your chart is painting the human metabolism with some pretty broad strokes.

Yes, because its intention is solely to show how that stuff works, using an average example.

I personally need 1500kcal for maintenance, not 2000; you may need 2500, or 1200. Everyone is different. My mother needs 1200. That's literally two Big Macs a day only.

Your problem is you don't eat enough calories, that's all. Other than having a tapeworm in you or some very special and rare condition, that's all there is to eat. You eat much less than you think you do if you can't gain weight.

I recommend:
>nuts, pistachios, etc
>whole milk

And goddam feast on these things. To gain a kilo or 2 pounds, you'll need to eat 7700 extra calories. That's enormous. We tend to forget because we think bodies gain weight easily: in truth we only underestimate how monstrously fat people eat.
>>
>>25433195

Ignore the numbers. The point is sedentary and maintenance, you maintain, sedentary and surplus you gain, sedentary and deficit you lose, active and surplus you gain, active and maintenance you maintain, active and deficit you lose. The point is calories in and calories out. You could lose weight on 800000 Calories a day if your maintenance is 1000000 Calories a day. Human metabolism is very simple when it comes to gaining or losing weight. If you starved a fat person to death, only giving them water and needed micronutrients they would leave behind a very skinny corpse. A fat person wouldn't starve to death and still have a BMI of 25+.
>>
File: 1411573115045.png (21 KB, 637x747) Image search: [Google]
1411573115045.png
21 KB, 637x747
>>25433235
I can post some fatlogic and top keks if you'd like
>>
>>25433195

Not OP

TDE can be calculated with age, gender, weight and height and it does vary pretty drastically.

A very common trend is that anyone who says they're unable to gain weight is vastly over-estimating the number of calories they are consuming over a given period, while the inverse is true for anyone who claims to not be able to lose weight.

so it could just be that you're eating at your maintenance calories over any given month etc.
>>
>>25431762

I joined a 24hr gym. I'm a lanklet so it's even more embarrassing. But going at 0400 the only other people there are the super obsessed roidmonkeys and people working out before their job. Neither of those would be interested in harassing me. It's just the niggers, pajeets, and stacies that like to be assholes in the gym.
>>
>>25433245
>You didn't answer me earlier, what's your routine? What routines have you gone through in the past?

Current routine is based around dumbbells and some bodyweights because that's all I have right now. Saving up for a home gym.

You're certainly far more advanved in lifting than I am.

>>25433246
>OP is full of shit. They definitely roid. Everyone who isn't a lardass or lanklet roids. There is no point in lifting without roids.

That's just untrue. People who roid don't care about their health.

>>25433254

kek.

>>25433278

Don't do cardio, if you're really fat, your knees may explode, literally. Swimming is fine if you want to do cardio with low impact.

Lifting is fine too. Follow the dumbbell routine I posted and you won't have a problem. Read the thread, lots of good advice and info.

>>25433308

This, good post.

>>25433311

My favourite.
>>
File: TLrKQuF.png (274 KB, 560x1021) Image search: [Google]
TLrKQuF.png
274 KB, 560x1021
Remember, if you're siding with being fat and proud, you're siding with mediocrity, baseless pride and SJWs.
>>
>>25433318
>A very common trend is that anyone who says they're unable to gain weight is vastly over-estimating the number of calories they are consuming over a given period,

This.

Boop, needs some Superfat VS Super Skinny.
>>
File: 1404502763952.jpg (337 KB, 647x3193) Image search: [Google]
1404502763952.jpg
337 KB, 647x3193
Textless posts are not allowed. And that wasn't original enough so I got muted. Your board has some really ridiculously useless rules, guys.
>>
>>25433193
Thank you very much my friend and familia.
>>
File: tumblr_n7defgvX811t93uevo1_500.jpg (38 KB, 481x289) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7defgvX811t93uevo1_500.jpg
38 KB, 481x289
Neil laying down some truthbombs
>>
>>25431328
No matter how little I eat or how much I exercise, I can never lose my weight. How do I fix this?
>>
>>25433364

People who roid do care about their health. There is literally no difference from a person having 1000ng/dl testosterone endogenously and 1000ng/dl testosterone exogenously. Testosterone is testosterone, it is the exact same molecule with no differences in effect in the human body. They don't magically cause health problems just because the spoopy chemical wasn't made by you. I thought you'd be more sensible here since you understand a calorie is a calorie.

It can of course be taken too far, but it's no difference than if the body naturally produced those chemicals. Chemicals really aren't some evil thing either. Most drugs we take the body doesn't naturally produce but are very good to have in your system. Life would be pretty shitty if we never discovered penicillin.
>>
>>25433444

It's to prevent people from spamming with stupid posts that contribute nothing to the conversation. Before Hiroshima came along we also had an image filter that disallowed reposting images. Just write a single sentence about the picture you post and you won't get muted. I never get muted.
>>
>>25433454
>No matter how little I eat or how much I exercise, I can never lose my weight. How do I fix this?

1. count calories every day
2. weigh self in the morning, every day
3. go for a certain cap per day
4. see what happens
5. if weight stays the same, lower cap on calories
6. repeat until it works and then steadily lose weight all the time

Literally all you need to do.
>>
>>25433454

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Use this and tell me how much it says you need for maintenance, act as if you never exercised.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mmg1qy4Krv1qz4rgp.png (268 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mmg1qy4Krv1qz4rgp.png
268 KB, 500x427
Become a more efficient human being.
>>
>>25431328

How do I figure out what my metabolic rate is?
>>
>>25433474
>People who roid do care about their health.

> I thought you'd be more sensible here since you understand a calorie is a calorie.

I'm sensible but I wouldn't fuck around with steroids for any reason. You perhaps know more about this than I do but I am not convinced that roiding works in the long term. Feel free to tell me more.
>>
>>25433406
Story time.

A mate asked me to help his friend with weight loss, did the standard shit about tracking and she actually went out and got some kitchen scales and measuring cups AND started logging. Teach her a bit and give her a limit and send her on her way.

After the first fortnight she emails me through her logs, complaining that it isn't working and saying shes going to go see a real professional.

She wasn't recording alcoholic drinks. I only know this because I was at the same house party as her on one of those weekends and saw how maggot she got. Also normiebook showed she was out drinking 2 - 4 nights a week.

It's like 2 months later and nothing has changed, obviously I've stopped volunteering my help.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-03-02-35-43.png (262 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-03-02-35-43.png
262 KB, 1080x1920
>>25433532
This comment is 100% originally i swear on me mum
>>
>>25433506
>It's to prevent people from spamming with stupid posts that contribute nothing to the conversation. Before Hiroshima came along we also had an image filter that disallowed reposting images. Just write a single sentence about the picture you post and you won't get muted. I never get muted.

I know, but when, like me, you're dragging behing and respond to people 30 minutes after they asked their question, this sort of thing gets annoying. I can't just refer people to previous posts by linking them, I have to write unnecessary stuff just to avoid the block.

>>25433532

This turns out to be a good calculator. Best results I've had, count your basic metabolic rate.
>>
>>25433541

Is that a tattoo or some fat-induced condition?

>>25433552

Use this based website:

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html?ctype=metric&cage=25&csex=m&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=10&cpound=160&cheightmeter=180&ckg=60&cactivity=1.375&printit=0
>>
I believe in you robots
>>
>>25433578

>If I drink it, it isn't food, therefore no calories!

Fatness is magic.

The people who don't want help won't accept it. The bad faith in these people is insane, they're like children and I wish it was legal to slap someone being this childish.

I feel for you.

>>25433645

Nice one.
>>
File: gxe6DLD.png (285 KB, 845x490) Image search: [Google]
gxe6DLD.png
285 KB, 845x490
>>25433624
tattoo

they stretch and look weird on fat people because of their lower quality fragile skin (in the words of tattoo artists)
>>
>>25433364

Thanks bro. Appreciate you coming here to talk about lifting.
>>
Gentle reminder that once you start lifting you can't really stop for very long periods. You will be stunned by how quickly those muscles go away. After a year of lifting I was out six weeks due to surgery and I'm visibly smaller and softer.
>>
>>25433685
>Thanks bro. Appreciate you coming here to talk about lifting.

Welcome. I'll keep coming regularly I think. Saving some posts and making OC for future use, too.

I'll become more and more efficient and you guys can keep me updated on your progress that way. We're gonna make it.
>>
Does overdrinking water lead to being fat?
>>
>>25433697
>Gentle reminder that once you start lifting you can't really stop for very long periods.

Sure you can. Consequences follow but you can.

>You will be stunned by how quickly those muscles go away.

You'll be even more amazed at how fast they come back. People who lifted for years and stopped for a decade got everything back in a matter of months. Muscle memory is a real thing.

>>25433697
>After a year of lifting I was out six weeks due to surgery and I'm visibly smaller and softer.

Yes, beyond 2 weeks, it happens, but it's the same when you don't lift: ever broke an arm? After you're de-casted, you can't even bend it the whole way, and you're weak as fuck. Same for astronauts.

Whether you lift or not makes no difference: use it or lose it.

But you get everything back much faster if you got it before.
>>
File: j4TrR5j.jpg (104 KB, 840x610) Image search: [Google]
j4TrR5j.jpg
104 KB, 840x610
>>25433697
muscle memory tho

I swam a lot as a teen and then stopped for a bunch of years at uni, it comes back to an extent
>>
>>25433772
>Does overdrinking water lead to being fat?

No. It's impossible. Water contains no calories, so there's no energy for your body to use OR store as excess energy. Literally impossible.

If someone had all the water in the world but nothing calorific, he'd eventually die skinny.

>>25433809

Saved.
>>
File: tumblr_myms0tM7ED1t93uevo1_500.jpg (94 KB, 500x692) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myms0tM7ED1t93uevo1_500.jpg
94 KB, 500x692
Friendly reminder that humans are not aquatic creatures from cold places
>>
>>25433845

Bone is for the dog, meat is for the man, fat is for... ???

>the lazy, the idiot, the what?

We need to solve this.
>>
>>25433664
>The people who don't want help won't accept it.

Shit sucks, I try to be the mentor I wish I had when I started all those years ago, but I guess if people aren't willing to put in the time and effort to learn about nutrition etc they're not going to have the desire to actually lose anything.

Controversially (which is why I don't hang out in /fit/) I don't even lift, I found it tedious and boring, I stick to "adventure" sports and their cardio equivalent surfing, swimming, mountain biking, road biking, rock climbing. Also yoga.
>>
File: K37cRMZ.jpg (361 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
K37cRMZ.jpg
361 KB, 1000x1000
>>25433894
Fat is nice on bread with a gherkin and some vodka, so fat is for russians. Problem solved.
>>
>>25433894
>fat is for... ???
That one fucked up 44 year old man with weird fetishes
>>
>>25433921
>Shit sucks, I try to be the mentor I wish I had when I started all those years ago,

Literally what I'm doing with these threads.

>but I guess if people aren't willing to put in the time and effort to learn about nutrition etc they're not going to have the desire to actually lose anything.

Yes. What we can do is show them it isn't that hard or complicated.

>Controversially (which is why I don't hang out in /fit/) I don't even lift, I found it tedious and boring, I stick to "adventure" sports and their cardio equivalent surfing, swimming, mountain biking, road biking, rock climbing. Also yoga.

Whatever works for you. If you enjoy it and it works, it's all good. You're still welcome to /fit/, it doesn't have to be all about lifting. It's more about gay jokes nowadays anyway.
>>
>>25432531
Putting information on a label doesn't mean anything if you don't know what that information means
>>
>>25434022
>Putting information on a label doesn't mean anything if you don't know what that information means

As they want. That's why calories are shown as one thing amongst many other things, as if it wasn't the main thing we should know.

Some foods have it on the front, in plain view, so there's progress.

But people aren't educated enough yet.
>>
File: Rz1uhKF.jpg (103 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Rz1uhKF.jpg
103 KB, 800x600
>>25434022
but the labels on the back tend to explain what your recommended intakes are (a bit exaggerated but its a start)

so I don't buy that people are genuinely ignorant, everyone has at some point in their life been so bored that they read the back of a label. I refuse to believe some people never have.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.