[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
How is his stuff so catchy?
>>
>>24627600
idk lll
>>
Nah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO476kD-k0g
>>
File: 1424301129176.jpg (94 KB, 491x500) Image search: [Google]
1424301129176.jpg
94 KB, 491x500
>>24627600
How did these dubs go unchecked?
>>
>>24627600
>listening to normalfag music
go back to facebook
>>
>>24627600
because you're constantly bombarded with it senpai
>>
>>24627945
it's actually the normie thing to dislike his music
>>
>>24628195
No it fucking isn't. Every girl at my school is in love with Drake.
>>
>>24627600
nigger music sucks and will continue to forever
>>
>>24628195
Nice marketing tactic :^)
>>
>>24628403
high school lol
>>
>>24628403
Shut tf up bitch
>>
>>24627945
>>24628195
>>24628403

>judging music by its audience

holy shit this nigger is being listened by normies so I guess that automatically makes everyone who listens to it a normie too huh.

you guys are basically chasing "robot/anti-normie" trends, and it's normie thing to chase trends, isn't it?
like hey, this music iss being listened by normies, so I cant listen to it because I'm classified as a neckbeard virgin so that would ruin my reputation as an autist if I listen to this music. I have to maintain my neetbux life and reputation you know
>>
>>24627600
Because you a nigger lover
>>
File: 1439965344767.jpg (100 KB, 563x697) Image search: [Google]
1439965344767.jpg
100 KB, 563x697
>>24628529
No you can't listen to it because it's shit and that's why normies like it.

Just kidding you can do whatever you want, just admit you're a normie with shit taste.
>>
I can't imagine being the kind of braindead lemming that swallowed whatever marketing professionals shoveled in front of me.
>>
File: pepe field.png (459 KB, 592x480) Image search: [Google]
pepe field.png
459 KB, 592x480
>ever since I left the city you started wearing less and going out more

I feel you nigga
>>
File: jew.jpg (38 KB, 240x260) Image search: [Google]
jew.jpg
38 KB, 240x260
Is there really an objectivity to music beyond complexity? - and even that may not be indicative of quality.

I ask this as a dad-rock fag
>>
>>24628575
Let me guess, you listen to metal?
>>
>>24627681
i miss those days
>>
if you can't identify with this song you aren't a real robot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVlalT2gGXY
>>
File: nick-young-confused-face.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>24628575
>not just liking something because it's popular
>caring about what other people think

If it sounds good to you, then that's all that matters. If not, well then it's not for you.
>>
>>24628571
I have no taste. I have no feelings. You don't know me. You don;t know my life. You have no idea about the pain Ih ave to feel every day. The torture that consumes my soul little by little. Physical pain is ltierally a bliss in the world I'm living in. You may think you know me, but you don't know about my inner self, my true side. There are always two sides of a story, and there is so much more in the book than its cover. Don't judge people if you don't know them. Actually, stop judging people at all. You have no idea what they went through. Who are you to judge anyways? You can't be what I am. I have transcended beyond human realm of emotions and understanding. I don't need appreciation. I don't need to be approved by someone. I want to kill. I want to be killed. I am engulfed in the vast nothingness of space. I am the space. I am everything and nothing. So check your fucking privilege.
>>
>>24628664
wait shit
i clicked the ad and didn't notice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CccnAvfLPvE
>>
>>24628571
Okay edge master what do you listen to?

t. /mu/
>>
>>24628622
faggots on 4chan (especially /mu/) feel that the more "complex", weird, ironic and absurd it is the better. So basically random noise is better than literal music.

I don't follow these rules. I listen to whatever the fuck I want. It's not like you'll ever know what's playing in my earphones.
>>
>>24628709
the "just" was a typo, tbhfam
>>
Reminder that Drake sampled something from Minecraft.
>>
>>24628622
Why do we feel effected by music anyways? Isn't that part the most important, whatever it is? I mean music doesn't have to be some fucking piece of Shakespeare art. Niggers actually understand the purpose of jam, and they seem to use it just fine and make millions.
>>
File: kermit-portrait.jpg (10 KB, 266x266) Image search: [Google]
kermit-portrait.jpg
10 KB, 266x266
>be white male
>listen to nigger music and look up to niggers for masclunity

Can you any more of a cuc k faggot than the suburban white male hip hop fan?
>>
File: 1411147115018.jpg (20 KB, 259x253) Image search: [Google]
1411147115018.jpg
20 KB, 259x253
>mfw this bass

https://youtu.be/4xTDKz7SaCI
>>
>>24628746
that makes him even better
>>
>>24628564
what the fuck is your problem racist peace of shit

>>pol
>>
Hip hop might be the shittest music genre ever

>go to big name rap concert
>it's literally just a sweaty manlet nigger yelling into a microphone with the speakers playing the overproduced beat

If it can't be performed properly live, it's shit. The rapper can't dj the beat because most hip hop artists don't have any music skills and don't actually make their own music. So they just blare the pre-recorded beat. But concerts are often loud, and since rap is almost spoken word, the venues are all too loud for you to hear them if they rapped how they rap on the studio version of the album. So they have to scream the lyrics as loud as they can, but then the act of screaming destroys all of the nuance which made the studio rapping good.
>>
>>24628956
emo sounds like shit live
>>
>>24628790
>>listen to nigger music and look up to niggers for masclunity

As opposed to pear-shaped dweebs on 4chan? Kek
>>
>>24628970
I've never been to an emo concert but that sounds possible. The point is that I've been to a lot of performances and I can say without a doubt that hip hop concerts are some of the laziest shit you'll ever see.
>>
>>24628956
>going to a concert solely for top music quality

Kek, most people go to see their favorite artist and get hyped while singing along with everyone else. Maybe hear a new song, get surprised by a guest artist. You also do drugs and drink, maybe fuck someone. All around have a good normie time.
>>
There have been only 2 times in my life I have listened to drake.

The first time was when I was in a shitty motel in themiddleoffuckingnowhere Alberta. There were two hookers working out of the room right next to me. The walls were paper thin. I dunno what was worse, the fake moaning or them listening to drake in between fucking greasy truck drivers.

The second time I was driving across the country with a nigger acquaintance of mine. THE ONLY FUCKING THING HE HAD ON HIS MP3 PLAYER WAS DRAKE. WE DROVE FOR 16 HOURS STRAIGHT. I LISTENED TO EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DRAKE SONG 3-5 TIMES.

God that was awful.
>>
>Evah since I left da city YOUUU

10/10 lyrics
>>
File: 1448091059370.jpg (104 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
1448091059370.jpg
104 KB, 500x651
>>24629006
Whites just need to look at their past if they want good role models

Of course many people want to erase our past because "slavery" and "oppressing POC!!!1"
>>
>>24629295
sounds nice honestly
>>
>there are actually people here who don't enjoy Drake
Ah, to be a young, edgy contrariant. You'll grow out if this face and learn to simply enjoy music for what it is some day, robots
>>
>>24628717
Hip hop fans: The Bait
>>
>>24629703
You honestly think >50% of the population enjoys Drake? He's a meme rapper for teenage girls.
>>
>>24629818
He's shitting on females in his music, it's meant for males.
Females are attracted to anything that is male and famous.
>>
>>24629648
Which of those scenario's sounds nice?

The first one reinforced my belief that only sluts listen to drake.
I guess the second scenario contradicts that but w/e. For every 1000 sluts there's bound to be one nignog straight outta the jungles of Senegal who also likes him.

DESU I found out that drake actually does have a few decent, original sounding songs. The other hundred though are literally the same exact shit.
>>
>>24629818
Seeing as he's been a major artist always able to move units and keep a heavy chart presence I'd say he has a diverse audience. The reason you don't see metal bands on the charts as often as you see r&b, hiphop or pop is because the audience simply isn't as large. To lump all if his fans as "little girls" is denying his actual reach. And I personally know many male drake fans, not sure who you're hanging around
>>
>>24629955
>Seeing as he's been a major artist always able to move units and keep a heavy chart presence I'd say he has a diverse audience

Because he makes easy listening pop music, like Taylor Swift or Justin Beiber. Their audiences overlap.
>>
>>24629955
You don't see metal bands on the charts because it isn't something you can play in a social setting. It's not just "loud" it's noisy, sometimes angry, sometimes violent, sometimes cannibalism, sometimes Hitler, and often anti-religion.

Basically, metal crosses many moral boundaries and is never politically correct. So when you go around playing a song about massacring people you'll get shit for it more than blasting a song about having sex.
>>
>>24630162
No, if you listen to Fetty Wap for instance his most popular songs are about drug dealing and shooting people. It's just more melodic
>I got a flock in my rari
>>
>>24628529

>>judging music by its audience

This is 4chan. It judges EVERYTHING by who's liking the thing. I've come to conclusion lately that this is really immature and shallow, robots and 4channers don't form their own opinions based on their own taste it's

>I like what the person I don't like, doesn't like!

And that's just letting normies or whoever control you. It's, as one awesome anon on here put it "a low effort counter culture".

(On a side note most of Drake's music is about women being crazy bitches and hoes and cheating and keking you, you'd think /r9k/ would get into that.)
>>
>>24627600
the only people who dislike drake are the kind who try too hard to seem different
>>
>>24627600
I've always like Kid Cudi, Childish Gambino and Drake. They hit spots normal nigger music can't.
>>
>>24628575

>I can't have fun if I see other people having fun.
>>
Production quality, easily.

Drake's ear for hip hop music is pretty much only rivaled by Kanye, but Drake definitely exceeds him along the more pop side of things.
>>
>>24630814
fuck off those are all terrible artists that white trash kids listen to
>>
>>24630162
For humans, having sex is as natural as killing other humans.
We live in such an oppressive society where our natural urges are suppressed. We have videogames and violent music, which is relaxing enough I guess.
>>
>>24627600
bc he can afford to have it written and produced by white people
>>
>>24627600
I'm a bot, bleep, bloop. Someone has linked to this thread from another place on 4chan:

[>>>mu/60699651] "What does /mu/ think of Drake?"

If you follow any of the above links, please respect the rules of 4chan and don't vote in the other threads. (Info/Contact)
>>
>>24630814

Yeah Kid Cudi and Drake are more feelsy. Lupe Fiasco too, he raps about how rap sucks and hates the gangsta rap shit and wants to talk about vidya and anime instead.

>>24630932

>I'm still 12 and think this way.
>>
>>24631081
>I'm still 12 and think this way.

nah

you're a fucking loser and i bet you are white
>>
>>24631052
wtf wtf
>>
>>24627600
nice dubss
>>
>>24631177
>>24631444
oh shit

:o
>>
>>24631466
lmfao j
>>
>>24627600
pop music is engineered to be catchy
>>
>>24628419
muh classical muh metal!
>>
>>24627600
Because
when that hotline bling
that can only mean one thing
>>
>>24631707
is he supposed to say ring?
>>
Naw he's saying when his phone lights up
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.