[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here /poor/ >wake up >downstairs is freezing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: tmp_26426-pepe sofa-267796559.png (75 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26426-pepe sofa-267796559.png
75 KB, 500x332
Who else here /poor/

>wake up
>downstairs is freezing like usual
>go to do some laundry
>all the soap things are upside down because they're empty>go to fridge
>have no food
>>
>>24622365
>paying for gas in quarters
>>
File: ayy.jpg (26 KB, 379x253) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
26 KB, 379x253
>capitalism

you shoulda listened
>>
You should keep empty food boxes in your pantry so it looks like you have food
I like to go in the kitchen and stare at them when I get hungry
>>
File: lay.png (71 KB, 246x144) Image search: [Google]
lay.png
71 KB, 246x144
Hm. That was basically my life for a long time. I imagine you're still quite young, right?

>14-18 years old
All throughout HS, literally the most I'd get per week was $5.00
On Christmas or birthdays I was lucky to score anywhere from $25-$80 bucks, but these things only happen once a year
People in class could afford $5+ meals daily

I've always been skinny fit, and I think part of that is because back then I couldn't afford to eat much if I wanted to. That aside, my single mother always made dinner, so I wasn't an ungrateful child. Her rotating door of abusive men, typically drug dealers, criminals, or NEETs brought in some money, but ultimately ended up behind bars.

>19-25 years old
Spent a short while as a neet, then went off to college. After first semester mom couldn't pay so I had to get my first job making $7.25 in retail. Eventually went up to $8.00 when state minimum wage was raised, but then I stopped doing in. During that period college led to a $12 internship, eventually I was making $16, $17, and hit $19/hr. Not long after got my first salary position of ~$40,000. As a single male, making that much, I'm no longer able to be classified as within the federal range of poverty.

I never gave up, but for a long time I was living poverty. Even now, I feel like I was successful enough to escape, but it's not so far behind me. I hope you don't give up either.
>>
>>24623358
Give me money for food please
>>
>>24623154
Been there.

Hell one time I had to suck the gas out of a lawnmower at work into a jerry can for my car.
>>
File: 1412287439998.jpg (217 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1412287439998.jpg
217 KB, 800x600
>tfw $50 to my name
>tfw no food
>tfw The end is near
>>
File: what2.jpg (23 KB, 403x235) Image search: [Google]
what2.jpg
23 KB, 403x235
>>24622365
Why haven't we gassed your kin again?

How do you stay alive with no food?
>>
>>24623358
stahp'd at went off to college
check your privilege
>>
>>24623439
>>24623396
How old are you?
What state are you in?
Education level?

Most of you are so young, that it's understandable if you're still poor. Parents didn't exactly have much. But I feel like given time and effort, you have time to turn it around. These threads have potential.
>>
>>24625044
I'm 52 years old and a NEET all my life. My mom just died so I've been slowly starving to death ever since they took her away. I live in Connecticut, of course.
>>
>>24625044
I'm not even living on my own this is how my evil family lives
>>
>>24625083
>I'm 52 years old
You're fucking with me surely
>>
>>24625083
Want to move into my basement? In Groton
>>
>>24622365
Sounds pretty comfy because you don't end it with

>get ready for work
>>
I lived in my Jeep Cherokee for 4 months to save up for rent

come at me faggots
>>
>>24623358
Yeah that's not me I'm 23 and can't go to college because I'm stupid and my mother doesn't treat me good she yells at me and hits me I want her dead. I want to throw my whole family in the gas chamber and push the button myself

Also I live in a small town in the middle ofnjowhere so those internships wouldn't be happening
>>
>>24625157
I knew a guy just like him, if he's not lying. He lived with his two old ass parents drinking beer all day, until they both croaked within a month. He continued to sit and drink beer all day, except the local hoodrats now liked to come over and drink with him because it was a place to hang. Eventually tons of fights broke out, the place was in squalor and he lost the house. I don't know how he lost the house, but I assume it was because he was too drunk and stupid to get a lawyer.

Ol' Jim, good man for the neighborhood. He was an autistic savant and an engineering prodigy as a kid, I heard. I never saw any of those traits in him, though. If I had a picture of his crazy ass, I'd post it because he looked like your typical skid-row bum.
>>
>>24625203
What city? My mom is a cunt and I'd rather live in a car in LA or NYC or something had a dream I did that last night and I had niggers trying to kill me

Still better than my mom desu
>>
File: image_2.jpg (44 KB, 634x423) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
44 KB, 634x423
Tfw Dad gave me 600 dollars to go back to college with when he just gave me 400 2 weeks ago
>>
>>24625324

Rhode Island,

I was working overnights at a place in a small/resort town, had a huge fight with my alky mother and got tossed out.

I had people who would have taken me in but I was such a sad/mad aspie cunt at the time I couldn't bring myself to make any of those calls.

Not sure I'd do it in a big city like that though,
>>
>>24625397
Why wouldn't you do a big city just the cost? I wouldn't mind a ton of roommates I'm a slum I hate being alone with my thoughts anyway
>>
>>24623358
How do I get an internship ?
>>
My family was pretty poor until I got my job last year. Things are going well so far.

I will probably go back to being poor because I'm going to have to carry my parents through their retirement.
>>
i grew up poor my whole life but if i honestly wouldnt want it any other way. it's humbled me enough for when i actually do have money, so that i wont take it for granted.
>>
Sucks this thread failed I really wanted to speed
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.