[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone explain why erdogan gets so much support from other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: trlarge.gif (4 KB, 596x396) Image search: [Google]
trlarge.gif
4 KB, 596x396
can someone explain why erdogan gets so much support from other leaders/presidents while when the ukrainians tried to overthrow their government everybody was on their side?
>>
>>81372960
I'd assume it has something to do with how much TPTB can manipulate him as leader of a country.
>>
>>81372960
because they're crooked power-grabbing tyrants that don't care at all about the people of a country and would change their discourse in the blink of an eye to discredit Putin no matter on which side he is or what is he doing
>>
Because Russia is demonized and will continue to be demonized by the Jew media, while Erdogon is a globalist puppet who wants to let millions of mudslimes into the EU
>>
>>81374173
>>81374574
>>81374629

yeah you're probably right.. it just pisses me off, the situation in turkey reminds me so of the 1930s in germany.. these scumbacks are really risking ww3
>>
>>81372960
most governments waited to make statements until the outcome of the coup was clear.

it's a bad parallel. in ukraine the people were in the streets supporting the maidan. in turkey they were supporting the government.
>>
The military coup in Turkey wasn't supported by the government/opposition, the people, or even the military itself.
The ouster of Yanukovych was largely supported by the people and parliament.

Questions of legality aside, important in realpolitik to side with the people. See: Egypt. Governments without support don't last.
>>
In a dictator in hand is worth two in the bush.
>>
>>81372960
Because Yanukovich was a russian stooge and people generally don't like the way Russia is governed. Besides, Ukraine is supposed to be a polish ally, not russian
>>
>>81375274
>>81375631

of course the situations are hardly comparable, nevertheless it's still astonishing how much support a so to say dictator gets
>>
>>81372960
Because Goldman Sachs is more important to the West than random strangers we still have not identified and who failed to win over their colleagues.
>>
>>81375631
Yanukovych was DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED
half the country sides with russia for a reason remember?

when they like it, world leaders allow a coup, when they don't, they cry "muh democracy" and "let the people decide"
>>
>>81376367
As was noted, important to remember that leaders were careful in their initial statements. Very few leaders outside of Turkey like Erdogan, and everyone was hedging their bets and being vague in their expressions of support. It's conceivable that some leaders were hoping for a successful coup with a compliant populace.
Also of note: Erdogan isn't a dictator. But with this coup now defeated and the military humiliated, he may become one.
>>
>>81372960
Because politicians don't give a single fuck about you, and even less about other nations. They only care about their own well being and money.
>>
>>81372960

Because democracy (or democratarism)

>appeal to religion/ideology/whatever so that the illiterate majority adores you
>force the democratic system of universal suffrage upon any other political discussion
>win term after term because you took control of the media, the oligarchy/businessmen you bought early, and refrain to actually improve education standards
>keep the country at a quasi-broke economical status
>stage coups/red herrings and so on

That's what happens
>>
>>81377046
but in my opinion leaders were not careful with their initial statements, especially not here in germany or other parts of europe.. quite the opposite was the case, most judged the military for trying this coup.

anyways, this may change in the future coz turkey seems to be everything but stable at the moment..
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.