[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't the UK and US invade and annex Saudi Arabia and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: iraq.jpg (38 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
iraq.jpg
38 KB, 460x288
Why can't the UK and US invade and annex Saudi Arabia and say it's in the name of human rights, then use this to stop having their oil held hostage?

I'm pretty new to this sort of stuff
>>
>>81111119
Jews
>>
>>81111173
This
>>
>>81111119
Bush tried to do some crap like that and it was a failure
>>
>>81111173
Wouldn't Jews love this? Saudi Arabia hates Israel.
>>
>>81111173
This and libshits with their "muh human rights" for people who are killing us.
>>
>>81111119
Because of nuclear weapons. What you suggest is essentially the economic basis of all the world wars of the 20th century. The reason world wars are no longer practical is because of the reality of nuclear annihilation.
>>
File: 1467543458647.png (846 KB, 999x1031) Image search: [Google]
1467543458647.png
846 KB, 999x1031
>>81111119

Because US and UK arent the good guys who fight for freedom like you were told.
>>
>>81111361
Sorry, Saudi Arabia doesn't have nukes if I'm correct.
>>
>>81111361
Saudi Arabia has nukes?

Read a book moron
>>
>>81111119
Saudis have a lot of leverage, and sadly allying with them is a lot less costly.

Plus they can align themselves with other great powers (russia unlikely since the iran business, but I doubt China will reject them)

It's a sad state of affairs, same with Erdoğan here.
>>
>>81111119
saudi arabia is nothing more than a pocket pet for the USA. if saudi arabia held off oil they would have got the iraq, egypt, syria, afghanistan treatment.

they sold themselves to us. they are traitors to their own people
>>
>>81111119
Because there's no need to directly control that region. The gulf states are on a leash to western powers. There would be no marginal benefit in setting up a direct government
>>
>>81111119
>(((saudi arabia))) hates israel

Wew. Fucking. Lad.

>>81111350
There will come a point where we must snap back. This shit is tiring.
>>
Don't you realise, members of my family, that the House of Saud is paying mega bucks to Western politicians so they can build Mosques in our countries.

Where do you think this is all organised? Shit like this will also be used as an excuse to censor the Internet
>>
>>81111119
BAE
>>
>>81111119
Because in addition to money politicians receive it would wreck unprecedented havock in the area, there are a hundred of cunts ready to steal the trone that have the means to employ mini armies
>>
>>81111119
Because they all ready get the oil and they give no shit about human rights.
>>
>>81111111
>>
>>81111119

>Why can't you move your shit into your bosses office, fire him and say you're doing it for the good of the company
>>
>>81111308

>Saudi Arabia hates Israel

Uh...Anon...I have some bad news for you...

Also, real answer?

>Petro Dollar.
>>
>>81111119
Because Saudi Arabia plays ball with the United States, and keeps Iran and ISIS (even though their wahabbist bullshit is partly to blame) in check.

This is why presidents of America are soft on Saudi Arabia, and it's why Obama refuses to finger them for slowly making moderate Islam = Saudi Islam.
>>
>>81111119

>I'm pretty new to this sort of stuff

So is 95% of the this board. Don't take anything you see or read here seriously
>>
>>81112987

They don't keep ISIS in check. They've actively financed and promoted them.

But, yeah, it's not like the U.S. isn't aware of that, or that it doesn't, in some ways, help to have rabid Sunni's keeping Iran and Hezbollah and Hamas and co. "in check".

Plus: Money and Nixon and Kissinger's decision to dump Gold.
>>
>>81113252
Fucking Kissinger
>>
>>81111119
Because, you idiot, traditional colonialist efforts to conquer and hold an area actually increase the cost of business in the region vs. a perceived "independent" government.

Invasions destabilize areas and add the cost of defending resource sites with military forces to the export situation. Oil would be MORE expensive if we were occupying Saudia Arabia with a military force because it would cost us more money to extract and defend it.

This is why we gave up traditional colonialism in the first place! Resource extraction is cheaper and more effective with puppet governments.
>>
Saudi arabia civil war will be fucking hilarious. Hundreds of royalties with hefty bank accounts and an incompetent army that is no stranger to using mercenaries to do the dirty work. It will mark the second boom of PMCs
>>
>>81111119
It would probably trigger a much larger conflict. Saudi Arabia has probably the biggest oil production and reserves in the world, and supplies a lot of countries. Invading them could be potentially catastrophic.
1- they could call for the help of some clients/allies. This may drag other powers into the fray.
2- other middle eastern countries would freak out bigtime, they would try to seek the protection of rival powers like China and Russia.
3-Relations of US/UK would strain considerably with muslim majority countries, particularly key allies like Pakistan.
4-Jihadi organizations in touch with Arabian "benefactors" would probably go apeshit in US/UK. London would become a new Baghdad.
5-Saudi agents and allies would try their best to disrupt the oil industry, would start burning wells and sinking oil tankers. How much of UK´s oil comes from the Persian Gulf, you think?
>>
>>81111119
Because you can't just annex things nowadays. It's 2016.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.