[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lib Dems Say "Fuck Democracy"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: pp-tim-farron-getty.jpg (148 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
pp-tim-farron-getty.jpg
148 KB, 1368x1026
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-result-lib-dems-remain-liberal-democrats-live-policy-stay-leave-a7103186.html

>The Liberal Democrats will stand at the next general election on a platform of derailing Brexit and keeping Britain in the European Union, the party has announced.

>Leader Tim Farron said on Saturday night that he would be “clear and unequivocal” with voters that if elected it would set aside the referendum result and keep Britain in the EU.

>“For many millions of people, this was not just a vote about Europe. It was a howl of anger at politicians and institutions who they felt they were out of touch and had let them down,” Mr Farron said.

>“The British people deserve the chance not to be stuck with the appalling consequences of a Leave campaign that stoked that anger with the lies of Farage, Johnson and Gove.

>“The Liberal Democrats are the only party united behind a future for Britain inside the European Union.”

>The striking policy to discount the referendum result is a gamble for the party, which hit a historic low of 7.8 per cent at the 2015 general election

lmfao
>>
>>78727873
test i think i got banned

also lib dems are autism
>>
Ready those spoons and forks bongs, you're in for a civil war
>>
>>78727873

>Lib Dems ever being relevant after they pissed off their core voter base
Anyone who is ever thinking of voting for Bernie Sanders see what the Lib Dems get and you'll end up with the exact same shit, it is a wise lesson.
>>
Discuss British politics here

>>78725131

>>78725131

>>78725131

>>78725131

>>78725131

Don't be a moron that splits threads faggot fucking cunt dumbass fuckin cunt retards
>>
>>78728248
>Civil war
>With the fucking lib dems
>>
18 months ago this was a coalition partner in government.

lol
>>
>Liberal Democrats
>Throwing out a democratic vote

heh
Good is bad and bad is good
>>
>>78727873
who cares about the lib dumbs, only students vote for them anyway, they only did moderately well following labour's exit because clegg was likeable and fairly charismatic
>>
File: 1444253366908.jpg (29 KB, 324x346) Image search: [Google]
1444253366908.jpg
29 KB, 324x346
>vote Lib Dem
>mostly align as a Lib Dem
>Tim Farron rails hard for this and is hugely pro-refuge

fucks sake im like a fucking unicorn
>>
>>78727873
>lib dems
>relevant

Do they even still exist?

The fucking greens have a better shot at being elected that the lib dems.
>>
File: 1466506397722.jpg (118 KB, 662x668) Image search: [Google]
1466506397722.jpg
118 KB, 662x668
I could respect the Lib Dems at one point but it's been a good decade since then

>literally called the Liberal DEMOCRATS
>don't care what the majority of the voting population asked for
>>
Well he's kind of right on that fuck democracy thing. Uneducated people/millenials/people who're not interested in politics or dumb in general shouldn't be allowed to vote.
>>
>>78728864
We have that problem over here too

>Democrat party
>constantly caught rigging votes and cheating

I suppose the moral of the story is to always be cautious of people who call themselves something, it's often the opposite.
>>
>>78727873
I had honestly forgotten that the lib dems still existed until I saw this.
>>
Aren't those the faggots who said "lol free loans for students" or something and then immediately did the opposite just so they could sit on Her Majesty's Government's side of the floor?
>>
Fucking lib-dem cocksuckers, they'll prostitute themselves shamelessly for a vote. Fucking cunts
>>
>>78729480

Indeed they are.

One of the two parties that became the Lib Dems once governed the UK on and off for hundreds of years and gave us some of our best Prime Ministers. Now look at them.

Christ.
>>
>>78727873
Top kek
The last time they had any modicum of power, they backtracked on lowering tuition fees, which was pretty much the reason why they polled so highly.
>>
>>78727873
Liberal """"""""""""""""""""""""Democrats"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>78728623
I think there's a lot of us desu senpai, we just don't say much.
>>
>>78727873
>Lib Dems Say "Fuck Democracy"
If the Lib Dems win a majority running with that platform, then they absolutely have a mandate to set aside the referendum result.
>>
1/4 Of Lib Dems voted Leave. Me being one of them. Me and 11 other members of Liberal Leave have quit the Lib Dems as soon as we saw this. The party is neither Liberal nor Democratic, absolutely disgusted.
>>
The dirty weak bastard, a die or do trick with the last remains of the Libdems.

How the LibDems can call themselves that I will never know, what ever happened to the classic British liberal who opposed Government (inc EU) meddling.

It's a mistake anyway, they would still be slaughtered in an election I feel.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 320x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 320x278
>liberal "democrats"
>shits on democracy

what the fuck bongs this is a new low
>>
>>78729925
>>78730095
>>78730153
If they win on that platform, then it's not "shitting on Democracy."

Don't want to stop brexit? Then don't vote for the lib dems.
>>
File: badger_LargeWide.png (40 KB, 617x347) Image search: [Google]
badger_LargeWide.png
40 KB, 617x347
>>78727873
>Lib Dems
>>
>>78729925

If you're an Orange Book and to the right of the party then I'm sure you'll be welcome in Boris and Goves' new Tory Party.
>>
File: 512x512bb.jpg (30 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
512x512bb.jpg
30 KB, 512x512
don't worry dude, only well educated and intelligent people will support them, which is minority in UK xD
>>
>>78727873
>Ignoring the will of the people so you can remain in a union with unelected leaders

It's too bad you Brits don't have guns because these people should be shot
>>
>>78727873
AHAHAHA YOU RETARDED FAGGOT.

If Lib Dems are voted in on this platform, then it IS FUCKING DEMOCRACY.

If they say they will do this, and the populace votes them in - democracy.

Leavers have cried this entire referendum that >Muh 52% == Muh Democracy, argue this and you are a "fascist"

Suck it.

The vote to leave was democratic.

A vote for Lib Dems on a platform to return is also democratic.

You don't get it both ways.

>it's not gonna happen anyway
>>
File: 1463980276790.jpg (477 KB, 812x806) Image search: [Google]
1463980276790.jpg
477 KB, 812x806
>>78730485
>>
>>78730249

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Brits still use First Past the Post. This means that with 5 parties, any one party could win a majority government with as little as 25%~ of the popular vote. Out of Canada's last 4 governments (Harper x3, Trudeau) we have had 30-mid 40s popular vote percent for the winners every time. The last Brit election had UKIP getting something like 15% (iirc) popular vote, and only 1 seat.

In a system like that, Lib Dems could win with waaaaaaaaaaay less popular support than what the referendum had. FPTP voting is fucking shit, and barely counts as an electoral mandate, especially when trying to overturn bare majority direct democracy votes.
>>
>>78729925
You don't understand democracy then, faggot. Only when it suits you?
>>
>>78730549
>it's not gonna happen anyway
I really hope it does, though. Can you imagine the butthurt on /pol/ if the UK elects a wave of Lib Dems on a "fuck brexit" platform?
>>
>>78729892
>>78730249
>>78730549

Yep, sure are a lot of governments who receive over 50% of the vote.
>>
>>78728623
yeah man youd be suprised
>>
>>78730249
His own party is fast fading into oblivion, attracting remain voters on board will be easy whilst labour and tories are infighting so they could make a bit of a comeback.

It would be democratic if he pulled it off, but a) He won't, this will enrage leave voters who will flock to UKIP b) still be a cowardly act to counter what should have been the definitive answer.
>>
>>78730706

Exactly right.
>>
>>78727873
>for many millions of people, this was not just a vote about Europe. It was a howl of anger at politicians and institutions who they felt were out of touch and had let them down
>politicians who were out of touch
>..." I'm going to ignore the public opinion and fight to stay in the EU anyway"
What a fucking moron
>>
>>78729234
Most of the time uneducated people don't vote, but you really don't need much of an education to realize being drowned in immigration isn't a good thing
>>
>>78730249
Democracy doesn't work when you can just revote everything straight away
>>
File: 1465243578296.png (2 MB, 825x859) Image search: [Google]
1465243578296.png
2 MB, 825x859
>>78727873
That's literally treason. Why hasn't he been arrested?
>>
>>78730719
>Lib Dems elected
>With 8 MPs

Yeah, they only have to increase their number of seats by 317, or 3962.5%.

Also, while I suppose for them to elect them on that platform would be consistent with democracy, them opposing it would not be consistent, and certainly not consistent with their respect for democracy.
>>
The next general election is in 2020. Article 50 will be invoked by the end of the year and the UK will be out 2 years after that.

He can't do it.

And he knows damn well it takes way less than 52% of the vote to win a majority government. Fucking commufascist scumbag.

Hopefully this gets brought up on the next QT and the Lib Dem rep gets pounded dry.
>>
File: 1459068816263.png (56 KB, 415x550) Image search: [Google]
1459068816263.png
56 KB, 415x550
>>78728556
>>
>>78732530
Their country is literally facing extinction thanks to Cameron's retarded decision to hold a referendum on an issue that threatens to split the UK completely. I think they have better things to talk about at QT than the last-ditch attempt by a dying party to win seats.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.