[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHRISTIAN GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_2325.jpg (359 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2325.jpg
359 KB, 1280x853
Continued from last thread
>>77948791

Christians, report!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U

Orthodox pastebin with reading list and FAQ's for atheists and Catholics and Protestants and more: http://pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
>>
I seek god but only find man
>>
>>77982139
>hmm this orthodox thing looks interesting
>let's check out the local Orthodox Church

Yeah.. no
>>
>>77982721
What's wrong with Ethiopian Orthodox?
>>
>>77982818
>implying i'd willingly be the only white guy in church
>>
>>77982721
Just average swedes
>>
>>77983019
>race is more important than god
>>
From the other thread, I didn't see there was a new one:

How is it possible to be a Christian? I pray, and I see how terribly sinful I am. I understand that I am supposed to be thankful for His grace, despite my conduct, but I have this constant feeling of guilt. It is incumbent upon me, according to the Bible, to live like Jesus. But it is so far from possibility how can I live in anything but a shadow of guilt for all my life? It's a terrible feeling, but I know I can't just forget everything and live the life of a reprobate.
>>
Related
>>77980545
>77980545
>>77980545
>77980545
>>
>>77982139
Take this bullshit to >>>/x/
>>77983112
>things that are real are more important than imaginary things
Correct, yes
>>
File: 645.gif (259 KB, 350x622) Image search: [Google]
645.gif
259 KB, 350x622
>>77983112
>http://www.stDOTnu/medelpad/sundsvall/nu-har-biografen-blivit-en-kyrka

Watch the video and tell me i'll find God there
>>
why do muzzies hate christians so much
>>
>>77983302
Except God is real

>Now you tell me isn't like you actually know he doesn't because you don't have proof of something that exists outside of the physical

Okay, maybe one day you'll believe like I do, I didn't used to either

>I doubt it

Okay then, cool
>>
>>77983019
There are like three Ethiopian Orthodox women who come to my Church, which is Greek, they wear all white and don't speak much English, but they fit in fine.
>>
>>77982139

>mfw I saw the image of Jesus motherfucking christ inside Agia sophia in Istanbul.
>>
File: Leviathan_by_Thomas_Hobbes.jpg (1 MB, 1304x2004) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan_by_Thomas_Hobbes.jpg
1 MB, 1304x2004
>>77983302
Except that religion is an integral part of society. Believe me, he is very real, and even if he was not religion would still be extremely important as a cohesion and moral-teaching mechanism. Drop the fedora and start learning about human nature.
-Kindly, an ex-atheist
>>
And I forgot. Where can I get the UNALTERED word of God? The modern Bible is just a bunch of lies made to drift us away from God and the truth. The survival of mankind may depend on finding the truth about us and our creator
>>
>>77983460
They don't, not all of them. Assad likes Christians. The King of Jordan (first king with only one wife) paid for the restoration of Christ's tomb as a gesture of goodwill to Christians (Muslims don't even believe Christ died on the cross, but that he ascended directly into heaven without being crucified).
>>
>>77984576
Yeah well unless there are only 4 people in your church its not really relatable
>>
>>77984822
No need to be sacrilegious about it.

>>77985150
King James Bible, from an Orthodox perspective, is pretty sound. A lot contemporary translations are absolute trash though.
>>
>>77983119
Jesus doesn't expect you to be like him. He died because he loves all of us despite all of our deeds. Don't feel guilty that you're a sinner, I am too, we all are. Despite this, even if you think you don't deserve it, god loves us all. That's not to say don't try to be good or be complacent with the bad things that you do. Accept yourself for who you are, always try to better yourself but don't sit there guilty for being a human being, Jesus forgave us all for that.
>>
>>77985335
Is it in old English?
Anyways, I heard that the church destroyed many ancient texts in order to hide the thruth, the answer might be within us, or inside one of us, in that case; meditate, learn, do not let yourself be fooled and spread the word of God
>mfw christian since less than a week and I am already talking like this
>>
>>77982139
Christians don't read the bible.
Catholics are Jews who believe in Jesus.
Orthodox are Muslim-tier conservatives
Protestants are Jew-tier liberals

OP is obviously a false-flagging faggot.
>>
>>77985150
You can't, as Jesus writ no scripture.

Gospel>Orthodox-bible>Protestant-bible>Jew-bible
>>
>>77985632
>Is it in old English?
No, it's in Early Modern English

>I heard that the church destroyed many ancient texts in order to hide the thruth
The Church did indeed burn many texts, but they were all written a while after the Gospels.
>>
>>77986300
>Orthodox are Muslim-tier conservatives
In a way, yeah, but we don't force women to cover their heads (except in Church, some more traditional parishes require it, but not outside of church), we don't kill people for not being of our faith, we don't support pederasty, we don't want to destroy artistic depictions (we love them very much), we are fine with alcohol, and well, many other things.

We're very conservative if you mean we're anti-modernist though.
>>
>>77984920
Morals (i.e. honor, pride, etc) are an integral part of society and self-perseverance.

Religion and Politics are the same coin. They're just organized morals institutions that project them as the law of the land.

If you identify as a Republican/Democrat/etc you're no different than someone that identifies as Catholic/Jewish/etc.

Religion is old-fashioned and Politics is modern.
>>
>>77986578
>No, it's in Early Modern English
Then what was the original language? Latin maybe?
>The Church did indeed burn many texts, but they were all written a while after the Gospels.
>>77986483
>Gospel
In wich case; Where can I get the UNALTERED Gospel? (or as little altered as possible)
>>
>>77982139
>Doesn't follow Joseph's example and raise his wife's son
>Calls himself Christian
>>
>>77986300
There are hardcore conservative fundamentalist Christians who are Protestant

This bait is shitty mate but you get people to bite. Congrats
>>
>>77987030
"The Scripture calls Kings, the Lord’s Anointed; but who ever heard of an anointed Republic? "
>>
>>77987185
>Christianity is following Joseph's example

What?
>>
File: tumblr_o0khk4Yil81v33hszo1_1280.jpg (245 KB, 1232x996) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0khk4Yil81v33hszo1_1280.jpg
245 KB, 1232x996
>>77982139
Kek will not tolerate this on his dwelling
>>
>>77987125
>Then what was the original language? Latin maybe?
Greek for the NT, Hebrew for the OT.

Orthodox translators use the Greek OT though (the Septuagint)
>>
>>77987464
Well, fuck modernity
>>
>>77987185
Joseph's wife's child wasn't the product of fornication or adultery.
>>
>>77987540
Agreed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB1MiWjAZy8&list=PLk4q5cOjAIpx-FlcMhvelfFSjVFr0aWR7&index=1
>>
>>77987846
I'll have that as a possibility.
Thanks for helping a lost soul
>>
>>77985821
This just means most of the Orthodox do not recognize them as *autonomous*, not that they don't recognize their validity and being fully Orthodox.

Antiochian is probably your best bet, I'd say anyway, though, because they are the major convert Church in America, they are highly evangelist and more than half are converts.
>>
My mother is goign to attend with me to the antiochian church mass on sunday.

Praise be to God!
>>
>>77982543
Read Romans 1
Then John 3
>>
Sorry to interrupt your fairytale thread but how about you guys do something useful with your lives and call up your local representative and demand action on sensible gun legislation?
>>
>>77988306
Wonderful!
>>
>>77988471
No, but nothing's stopping you from doing that. Have you done that? Why are you spending your time posting here if you haven't?
>>
>>77988471
Why? We already have it :^)
>>
>>77987464
My pastor uses NIV but knows the Septuagint. Sometimes he'll tell us the Greek translation of a part of scripture because English uses the same words a lot and it is more defined in Greek.

>>77988471
You don't know much about the country's politics if you think that is going to change. If you're personally afraid of being shot, consider moving to a rural area outside of the South or leave the country
>>
"i'm Just saying I've been told the antiochians are the evangelists of orthodox"

"I see, okay" - Mother.
"They still aren't white"

LOLLLL
>>
I have been divorced from God.

I'm certain he loathes me.
>>
>>77989578
NIV is an awful translation though.

>>77989781
Most people in a given Antiochian parish are converts, not Arabs.

>>77990846
You're wrong, dude
>>
any /yec/ here? where you at senpaitachi?
>>
>>77992456
Are you really?
>>
>>77994163
Yes
>>
>>77994292
Well if you want a religious argument for YEC, you might try "Genesis, Creation and Early Man"
>>
>>77990846
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

He's not referring to rocks and chinchillas.
>>
>>77994516
Checking it out now, thanks buddy. Was Seraphim Rose YEC?
>>
>>77994945
Nevermind, just found the answer
>>
>>77994945
Yeah. If you enjoy it, consider reading his philosophical work entitled "Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age",
>>
>>77988471
Gun laws where I live a pretty sensible. Could be better, but we already got castle doctrine back so I'm on to more important things.

Hours and hours on the phone last year with reps, senators, and governors trying to get them to not go along with the mass terrorist importation. Did about fuckall.

I still can't believe this madness is being sponsored by some local religious institutions. Well, OK, I can believe the temple is doing it. But Christian institutions? Have they gone completely mad?
>>
Slow thread is slow. Talk theology.

>>77982543
God is in the heavens.

--- Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.