[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do atheists think they're so clever when they cite old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: h1C38441D.jpg (96 KB, 800x708) Image search: [Google]
h1C38441D.jpg
96 KB, 800x708
Why do atheists think they're so clever when they cite old hebrew laws that were thrown out in the new testament? Do they assume any of this is news to Christians?
>>
Because they're retarded. There's a reason the USSR wanted people to be atheists. Because such people are incredibly stupid and gullible.
>>
/pol/sters do the same shit with Quran though
>>
>>77573445
The Quran is the foundation for Islam

The new testament is the foundation for Christianity

Almost all the retarded and violent quotes from the bible are in the old testament

Too be honest I don't know even the reason why the old testament sans genesis and the flood wasn't just thrown out
>>
>>77573282
>>77573386
Because they lack (religious) education and have no appreciation for the world they live in, contextually speaking. Marxists have convinced them that rejection of tradition is a sign of enlightenment, and thus they look for ways to virtue signal that by being 'new atheists'.

Atheists are good for marxists because they have no defined morals. The state and the media can mould them. They are malleable moral agents.

>>77573445
This is true on some level. Certainly being mostly white euros we don't have many koran scholars posting here and so we probably commit a tonne of errors similar to that.

However, you do have Koranic abrogation and a few other things that would indicate it is a bit more batshit insane than other religions.
>>
>>77573445
Umm, no, we shit on Muslims for taking the Quran literally.
This guy is shitting on Christians for NOT taking the bible literally.
>>
>>77573445
Except all the peaceful passages are in the beginning, the ones telling the faithful to murder and such are later. Couple that the practice of Islamic scholars and imams to abrogate the older verses with newer ones when a contradiction occurs, and you see why that happens.
>>
>>77573653
It's not about literal or not. That's like saying there is a way to take Harry Potter 'literally'.

It's about context, education, understanding. How is the prose written? What period? Who was the audience? We understand this almost instantly with contemporary text, but when it comes to ancient ones we need to step back and think a little more before trying to filter it through our own lens.
>>
>>77573282
>crab
>shellfish

Holy kek
>>
>>77573738
You'd think the omniscient creator of the universe would have taken this into account when publishing his book. The language it was originally written in isn't even spoken any more.
>>
File: atheist.jpg (62 KB, 640x334) Image search: [Google]
atheist.jpg
62 KB, 640x334
who cares about these fuckers? it's all they have in their shabby lives.
pic related.
>>
>>77573282

i always cringe when someone types in faux ebonics on the internet
>>
>>77573738

Christianity comes from the new testament, which is a fulfillment of the old testament. The old testament is no longer the code for righteous living as it once was. The new covenant established by Jesus is the law.

The Quran is to Muslims what the new testament is to Christians. It encourages barbarism and backward thinking, and should be treated as such.
>>
>>77573867

You mean the men who wrote historical accounts and letters that got compiled into a book by the Romans?

You dropped your fedora.
>>
An attack on the Old Testamanet is anti-semitic.
>>
>>77573969
>The new covenant established by Jesus is the law.
Unless you're gay, then the old rules still apply.
>>
>>77573738
You're giving me a headache.
Who gives a shit about that? The only difference that matters is that the average Muslim reads the Qu'ran "Kill the gays". and he goes and does it. The average Christian reads the bible "Cut off your hands and pluck out your eyes", but doesn't go and do it.

As far as this debate goes, I don't give a flying fuck how much more peaceful the bible is than the quran, what I care about is the people reading and whether they act upon what they read or will they use some common fucking sense.
>>
>>77573282
An attack on the Old Testament is essentially showing the lengths that God will and can go. It also shows a sense of arbitrariness in punishment, law, and morals.
>>
>>77573949
He has to demonstrate how authentically uneducated he is, so that when he tries to educate Christians about Christianity he can do so from a place of scholarly authority.
>>
>>77573282
They think they are so clever because they are clever by comparison to theists.

They still make mistakes.

They still make dumb assumptions.
>>
http://spencerwatch.com/2011/05/22/the-%E2%80%9Cbut-that%E2%80%99s-just-the-old-testament%E2%80%9D-cop-out/
>>
>>77574078

You have no understanding of Christian doctrine if you believe such things. You just sound like a retard.

If you don't believe me look up the new covenant and new testament theology.

A perfect example of Christ's reform is refusing to stone the prostitute.
>>
File: abc_kkk_dm_121026_wmain[1].jpg (56 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
abc_kkk_dm_121026_wmain[1].jpg
56 KB, 640x360
>>77573282
Uppity nigga. I don't lie, I don't eat pork and I don't eat shell fish.

Now let me show you something real lit.
>>
File: 670476007469.gif (12 KB, 504x627) Image search: [Google]
670476007469.gif
12 KB, 504x627
>>77574357
>someone makes an entire blog dedicated to discrediting JihadWatch
I wonder who could be behind this?
>>
Because the New Testament is full of the same shit verses that also make no sense when you put them in the same context as the OP, but you idiots will defend the NT and conveniently call the OT garbage.
>>
Pretty sure baptists still believe the Jewish shit and that's the Christian denomination most interact with.
>>
>>77574476
Pretty much every atheist I've ever encountered came from a Baptist or Catholic background.
>>
>>77574474

>Not an argument

No one called the OT garbage. It's called the OLD testament for a reason.
>>
>>77573282
Because Christians quote the Old Testament to support their positions. You never hear about 'the new covenant' from Christians until they get butthurt over someone using the Old Testament against them. But since Christians love to bear false witness, they lie like crazy and claim to never use the Old Testament.
>>
>>77573282
Are you waiting for Jesus Christ to swoop down and clean up this mess for us?
>>
>>77573282
where does it say in the new testament that the old one doesnt matter anymore?
>>
>>77574734

I've only seen atheists and fundamental Baptists use the old testament for anything other than historical, wisdom, and teaching literature.

Also strawmanning is a logical fallacy
>>
>>77574133
The problem with Muslims is that they haven't learned to be religious hypocrites. Jews and Christians will happily say one thing and practice another. Muslims take their religious text too seriously.
>>
>>77574832

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart all your mind and all your soul. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

This is the law and the prophets."
>>
>>77574403
You sound like the retard. Don't even know your religions own doctrine.
>>
>>77574543
Which is funny since Baptists criticize Catholics for not being Bible focused.
>>
File: 1394813194795.jpg (252 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
1394813194795.jpg
252 KB, 983x1013
>>77574911

>No u
>>
>>77573445
are you saying you want us to throw gay people off buildings like the muslims do?
>>
>>77573648
As an atheist, I sadly enough have to agree that indeed most atheists don't have enough appreciation for the world. I think this is because we see the world as having been randomly created instead of designed. To me however that only adds to the wonder of it all, how every single molecule in nature has been perfected by million of years of evolution with the white race at the top of it all.

Regarding morals I strongly believe in the superiority of Christian values but not in their perfection.
>>
>>77573282
So you're saying I can just rip that first half out and throw it away? Great. Now there is no basis for the second part.

Look, I'm agnostic atheist but I don't shove that shit down other people's throats. If you wanna believe that shit is real that's fine. Secretly I think you don't understand critical thinking but who cares?
>>
>>77574857
Are you calling millions of Baptists strawmen? You do realize Baptists actually exist, right? Are you trying to no true Scotsman away a major denomination of Christianity? You need to go read up on bearing false witness. Oh wait, that's the Old Testament. It's ok for you to lie since telling the truth apparently is a Jewish value and not something for Christians.
>>
Jesus said the old laws were still valid. Fuck off, heretic.
>>
File: Squiggle 1.png (48 KB, 908x539) Image search: [Google]
Squiggle 1.png
48 KB, 908x539
>>77573282

>The only reply worthy of this thread
>>
>>77574419
Top kek. Your still going to burn in hell for being an abomination tho.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 199x262) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 199x262
>>77574403
>look up my point in my magic book it proves it for realz
>>
>>77574906
ok and how does that make the old testament obsolete? and even if it somehow does, i dont see any christians throwing out the 10 commandments or the concept of original sin
>>
>>77573445

Yes, but so do several hundred million Muslims.
>>
Proverbs 28:9
>He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

>>77574403
If you are referring to the woman taken in adultery in John 8, you might want to read what the law actually commands in that case (Leviticus 20:10) and why he told the pharisees that they should cast the first stone if they are without sin.
Also note, how he didn't afterwards tell the woman to go forth and keep sleeping around.
>>
>>77574625
It was an exaggeration, but you do ignore it so it might as well be garbage.

Why is it called the OLD testament? Because it's OLD?

So Christians claim a Jewish Bible isn't valid anymore because *GODWILLSIT*, and Muslims come along and claim the Christian Bible isn't valid anymore because *GODWILLSIT*, but somehow here you are in 2016, denying their claim and accepting your own?
>>
>>77575082

Misinterpretations exist due to infighting over misunderstandings, translation error, and other cultural influences.

Again with the strawman.

Stop trying so hard you pretentious faggot. You aren't making yourself any better by misrepresenting what I said and sound Christian doctrine.
>>
>>77575136

I mean considering that's the topic of discussion, it's a valid point, you fucking faggot.
>>
File: image.gif (886 KB, 490x384) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
886 KB, 490x384
>>77575310
It's called the Old Testament for the same reason that Old Navy is old.
>>
>>77574403
My point is that Christians continue to peresecute gays while convienently doing shit like making ham sandwiches at subway on sunday.
>>
File: image.jpg (337 KB, 1280x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
337 KB, 1280x873
>>77573282
The Covenant of Moses is explicitly between God an the Israelites (or perhaps the Hebrewites, which would be slightly more general, plus it could include a few more who were not Hebrewites but left Egypt with Moses). It is either between the race or the nation of Israelites, and it might be limited to the ancient Israelite nation. At most, those commandments are directed at modern Israelites. Even most modern religious Israelites don't recognize the Covenant of Moses as fulfillable since it explicidly requires the Arc of the Covanant and a 1st born male direct descendant of Aron, the first high priest of ancient Israel.
>>
>>77573282
because if there's a difference between OT and NT, then it means God has changed. If God is perfect, then any change is imperfection.
>>
>>77573738
Mate do you understand what Muslims believe of the Quran?

It is the perfect and unchanged word of God. So context, period, prose etc literally doesn't mean shit. It is absolute.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 260x305) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 260x305
>>77575481
>For realz it proves it
>>
>>77573282
Well it makes you seem pretty hypocritical if you're one of the Christians who use Leviticus to justify your homophobia. I'm all for writing off the vast majority of the Old Testament for anything other than historical context, myself.
>>
File: helping-the-retarded.jpg (30 KB, 318x475) Image search: [Google]
helping-the-retarded.jpg
30 KB, 318x475
If God is eternal and unchanging, the why would he need different covenants?

Manmade bullshit is the only thing that changes. That includes the Bible.

<tips fedora>
>>
>>77575162

The old testament is how God dealt with his people before Christ. Once Christ came into the picture, he reformed the message.

Obsolete is a harsh way to put it. The new testament is transformed covenant with God.

The old testament is still an invaluable resource for wisdom and historical perspective.
>>
>>77575368

>Misinterpretations exist due to infighting over misunderstandings, translation error, and other cultural influences.

Nope. Misinterpretation exists cause the religion is based on a ridiculous text, written by uneducated sheep fuckers.
>>
>>77575566
>>
>>77573862
Crab is included in that law, I believe.
>>
Because your rules make no fucking sense.

>god is perfect and omnipotent
>he made retarded rules
>the he incarnated himself as a human and retconned the ruled
>lol stupid atheists do you not know our god changed his mind,blessed by his divine perfection
>>
>>77575310

Christ established a NEW covenant, making the original covenant old.

Jews refuses both Christ and Mohammad, Christ died and rose again, Mohammad was a pedophile.

I mean if you don't believe in Christ it doesn't really matter to you, but to everyone else that's why Christianity is correct
>>
>>77575667
>The old testament is still an invaluable resource for wisdom and historical perspective.

until it says something you dont want to believe (god condoning slavery genocide etc.)
>>
The bible is the most retarded thing, only beaten by the quran, in any religion.
First off 3/4 are just jewish fairy tales. I don't even know why the fuck the Old testament is even part of the book.
Then there's the new testament, which first of all has the same story 4 times because fuck you. Then all the fucking letters which only seem to be in there because the authors have been wanking non-stop about how awesome Jesus was.
>>
>>77573648
The athiests I know are the BIGGEST consumers.

They define themselves by their instagram pictures of 'high class' restaurant food

NOTE: THEY DO NOT COOK

They love nothing more than virtual reality video games and superhero movies and comic books

I'll concede my sample size is small but it's about 10 loud and proud athiests and they all share this common thread

There is no humbleness, there is no attempt to reconvene with the natural world, there is condescension and morals based on batman whereby you should just be a good person because it's the right thing to do and evil should be dealt with by someone else who has conviction that isn't you
>>
>>77575696

It's the most influential work of literature in the history of mankind, and is the reason you exist.

You ungrateful brat :^)
>>
>>77575872
I bet I could find a long fucking list of sketchy and fucked up pastors and clergy that are way worse than any of the atheists you mentioned
>>
>>77575868

No I believe God meant those things.

That's why Christ is so key to the message. You can't go around genociding the native populations to spread a message of peace and love can you? Kinda defeats the original message

The point of the old testament is God is supreme and the Jews who listened to him were blessed.

Those blessings were extended to the entire world when Christ paid the debt on the cross.
No more genocide required.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 315x302) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 315x302
>>77575702
No. It is not good reasoning and you don't know what that means if you think you do.
>>
>>77575941
>
>It's the most influential work of literature in the history of mankind, and is the reason you exist.

>You ungrateful brat :^)

Pretty sure I was conceived when my dad shot his spermy in my mom's tummy.
>>
>>77576093
>You can't go around genociding the native populations to spread a message of peace and love can you?

and did god just didnt realise that or does infinite knowlege doesnt come with basic logic? maybe he had jesus as plan B al along just in case the genocides didnt work out as well as he expected?
>>
>>77575858
Why preserve the old testament in the bible, that was also the word of god, if you don't believe in it?
>>
I'm an atheist but i dont do any of that shit, its your right to believe in what ever you want
>>
File: 1452772986801.png (96 KB, 284x317) Image search: [Google]
1452772986801.png
96 KB, 284x317
>>77576097

K.. keep me posted
>>
>Atheists
"Isn't it kind of stupid that god would write a book of retarded jewish fairy tales with rules that made no sense, and then decide to throw them out a few thousand years later because of some bullshit reason? Would somebody all knowing really do that?"

>Christians
"LEARN THEOLOGY HURR DURR WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND IT'S THE *OLD* TESTAMENT."
>>
The only things Christians are bound to are things outlined in the New Testament. However, Christians still use the OT for moral guidance from the principles behind the laws. For example, the OT says that people need to put rails on the roofs of their houses because at that time it was custom for people to gather on rooftops. The Christian reads that and doesn't put rails on his roof but understands that God wants us to make our homes safe for our families and for guests.
>>
>>77576329

The old covenant of the ancient Jews is what led to the establishment of the new covenant.

It's a complicated subject. There's a reason why there's so much room for misunderstanding, especially among Christians.
>>
the bible also says to pay your taxes to caesar and to not live in lands not conquered by israel
>>
File: 1466115616223.gif (77 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1466115616223.gif
77 KB, 333x500
>>77576097
Buttmad sandnigger detected
>>
File: image.gif (575 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
575 KB, 400x200
>>77576605
Donkey fucker detected
>>
File: 1465279624991.jpg (25 KB, 600x634) Image search: [Google]
1465279624991.jpg
25 KB, 600x634
>>77573282

>christfags are quickly running out of places to hide under blissful ignorance
>each passing day makes their double-think more and more difficult until they inevitable succumb to reason

Beautiful. Both Christians and marxian-leftists are both cults that belong in the trash bin of history.
>>
File: You.jpg (19 KB, 236x278) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
19 KB, 236x278
>>77576480

>Leaf

There are reasons why things are the way they are. Your lack of understanding only indicates you have no place speaking on such matters.

Whether you believe they are made up fairy tales or not, if you don't understand, you should refrain from speaking on it.
>>
File: 1465117092588.jpg (32 KB, 220x395) Image search: [Google]
1465117092588.jpg
32 KB, 220x395
>>77576704

This is the most retarded post ive seen all day.

And you atheists call CHRISTIANS backward
>>
>>77576480
I think you meant
>Atheists
'HURR DURR IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR, BELIEVING IN A GOD IS SO RETARDED LOL :D'

>Christians
"LEARN THEOLOGY HURR DURR WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND IT'S THE *OLD* TESTAMENT."

>Muslims
BELIEVE US OR WE'LL FUCKING KILL AND RAPE YOU
>>
File: 1465857048931.gif (2 MB, 275x154) Image search: [Google]
1465857048931.gif
2 MB, 275x154
>>77576687
Muzzie mad
>>
The old covenant with the Jews describes a society in which God's holy presence literally existed in the middle of town in a temple behind a shroud. It demanded absolute purity and anyone who tainted the land with sin was dealt with harshly. In the New Testament the Son incarnates and absorbs all the harshness of the law and asks that we, being thankful that we're forgiven and able to be in God's presence, show grace and mercy to the people who have wronged us.

However, it is worth pointing out that laws which seemed to have harsh penalties (picking sticks up on the sabbath) did not necessarily have those penalties carried out. The absolute harshest judgment is given in the text and it was up to the judges to determine what each situation warranted. Most of the time lawbreakers were made to pay a fine. There are some laws though, that will mention "do not allow him to pay a ransom," meaning you can't coin your way out of those.
>>
>>77576869

Numbers 35:30, f anyone kills a person, the murderer shall be put to death on the evidence of witnesses. But no person shall be put to death on the testimony of one witness. Moreover, you shall accept no ransom for the life of a murderer, who is guilty of death, but he shall be put to death. And you shall accept no ransom for him who has fled to his city of refuge, that he may return to dwell in the land before the death of the high priest. You shall not pollute the land in which you live, for blood pollutes the land, and no atonement can be made for the land for the blood that is shed in it, except by the blood of the one who shed it. You shall not defile the land in which you live, in the midst of which I dwell, for I the LORD dwell in the midst of the people of Israel.”
>>
>>77573282
Because there are a lot of idiots who throw old testament shit at them
>>
>>77573445
Quran is the "literal word of god, period". The bible is a collection of tales written by men, it doesn't hold itself to the same standard.

Quran must be taken literally, otherwise you're not a muslim.
>>
the Old Testament issue in Christianity is complicated and honeslty there are enough simple, easy to understand references in the New Testament that won't cause that "duhh shellfish" response.
>>
File: 1457607524960.jpg (142 KB, 625x775) Image search: [Google]
1457607524960.jpg
142 KB, 625x775
>>77576846

"this is the most retarded post I've seen all day"

>just re-iterated that christians are all retarded in a calm way

You reek of salt and desperation, christcuck. Don't think too much now, wouldn't want you to start questioning anything.
>>
>>77576736
Wow look at that, a christian in this thread saying "lern theology" after I mocked the christians in this thread for saying "lern theology" and avoiding actually making a logical argument about why my post is wrong.
>>
>>77573282
> crab
> shellfish
Pick one.
Jesus christ, what a retard.
>>
>>77573282
Because the irreligious forget one basic fact:
Scripture is supplemental to religion, not religion itself.
>>
>>77575785
By what logic?
A complete reclassification according to arbitrary rules?
>>
>>77575136
Please leave 4chan. Your posts are just a waste of fucking space.
>>
>>77574078
Where does it state that Gentiles are on the hook for ancient Jewish dietary laws?
>>
>>77577388

why would anyone need a logical refutation of a straw man argument full of prejudicial language that either doesn't understand christianity or doesn't care to?
>>
Do only niggers and nigger wannabes use "y'all"?
>>
>>77577651

Acts 10
>>
>These Old Testament quotes say you can't eat stuff
Jesus already covered that shit
Matthew 15:11
>10Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, “Listen and understand. 11A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but” by what comes out of it. 12Then the disciples came to Him and said, “Are You aware that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”
>>
>>77577655
>Continuing to argue why he doesn't have to make a logical argument

Oh Christians, never change.
>>
File: 1464241385756.jpg (41 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1464241385756.jpg
41 KB, 612x380
>>77577388

"Wow look at that, a biologist saying "learn biology" if I want to fully understand biology and not look like I have one too many chromosomes"
>>
>>77577695
Which verse?
>>
>>77577776

Argument against what you fucking loser? You arent making an argument. I said you don't understand and you proceeded to say "oh well I mocked you so your argument is invalid"
>>
>>77577681
Southerners in general tend to use it.
>>
Everything Jesus hated about the Pharisees is true about SJWs. They seek attention, they exaggerate or fake their suffering for attention, they have an inane list of "rules" which aren't based on virtues but look more like a dungeons and dragons weaknesses chart.

In the new testament Pharisees were literally tear their clothing apart and shout to show how outraged they were by sin.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 530x444
>>77573282
I really considered becoming an atheist a couple of years ago because I thought it was simply the refusal of the other religions main believes. But after using the social media, I discovered that either I was wrong about the definition of atheism or the atheists didnt know about said definition. All I could find was the disrespect towards other religions and that wasnt what I was looking for. I come from a catholic family and they always taught me to respect the others, to a point they allowed me and my brother to pick our own religion. We ended up becoming Agnostics because it both fit our faith and it didnt seem to be as harmful and full of hatred as the atheism. Again, I can be wrong, atheism can be for peace and respect, but thats not what i was presented with and i wouldnt like to be associated with such disrespectful people.
>>
File: 1453683324057.png (353 KB, 302x299) Image search: [Google]
1453683324057.png
353 KB, 302x299
>>77577815

>comparing a science based upon empirical evidence to a fairy tale book made to give purpose to a bunch of bored and directionless peasants
>>
>>77573738
>muh context

Oh fuck off mate. This is a typical religitard's response when confronted with one of the ubiquitously many cases of bullshit in the bible.

Everything in the bible is bible is true until it doesn't suit you, right? Then it's just "muh context" that non theists wouldn't get.

Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>77577815
>>77577889
This just keeps getting better and better.

Christians have no response to Atheists to a fairly basic theological question, why does it make sense god had to reform the old testament, so they just resort to personal attacks and "lern theology" in every single post. They're just so fucking predictable.

I said it from my first post, that's their only defense. I mean, if I had to defend the bible I'd resort to personal attacks too because I would look retarded trying to actually defend the bible.
>>
>>77578049

>We ended up becoming agnostics because it both fit our faith and it didnt seem to be as harmful and full of hatred as atheism

and you were a bunch of fence-sitting pussies...
>>
>>77573282
>let's ignore the squabble at Antioch between Peter and Paul: the post

There is no god, and you Christcucks are okay, at least you aren't kikes or mudslimes
>>
>>77578086

Way to completely miss the point.

My point is you should fully understand a position before attacking it. If you don't, chances are your argument will have holes in it.

It doesn't matter if you're discussing quantum physics or finger painting, the principle is the same.
>>
>>77573282
Triggered Christcuck circlejerk: The thread
>>
>>77578171

fairly basic literary question - Why did Tom Sawyer trick drunk indians into painting the fence white when he KNEW they were going to murder him when they got done?? This book is retarded.

Please answer my question with something other than "that's not the plot of Tom Sawyer."
>>
>>77578147
The bible is a collection of multiple genres written over hundreds of years in various locations.
I apologize any sort of complexity is troublesome for you.
Have you successfully counted to potato yet?
>>
>>77573867
You literally can't sound any more fedora than that.
>>
Your question was "why did god do this thing which is retarded and make no sense? Logical answers please!!"
>>
>>77578296

>My point is you should fully understand a position before attacking it.

I understood exactly the point you were attempting to make, I am just saying it is complete bullshit. The point: You (christain) refute all other religions without knowing anything about them yet somehow that is okay.

Atheism is not a religion, and is entirely based upon objective truth, not muh feelings unlike christains and muslims and whoever the fuck else believes in ridiculous superstitions as a foundation of your life.
>>
>>77578383
And in your tiny little head, that somehow justifies the utter retardation in the bible? Top kek.

How's it feel being indoctrinated at a young age and refusing to give it up when youre older because you're scared of reality? God im glad my parents weren't retarded.
>>
>>77578377
>Please answer my question with something other than "that's not the plot of Tom Sawyer."

Alright. Fallacy of Faulty Comparison.
>>
>>77578179
Care to elaborate anon? I chose not to be full of hatred towards people who believe in other religions and also not to fully submit to the words of any old book. And its not because of that that I am sitting on the fence. There are many religious believes that require critiques (specially Islam but also others) and there are words in those books that are 100% right such as showing love towards other people etc. Me and my brother simply refused both extremes.
>>
>>77573282
The Bible is long, man. They just assume that because they don't have the willpower to finish it, no one does. They think it's like digging into some deep unexplored cave, when in reality it's like walking into someone's house and constantly reminding them the toilet paper is under the bathroom sink.
>>
>>77578171

First of all, this is the first time you asked that question, so your pretentious ad hominem is completely misplaced.

Way back when, God made a covenant with the jews. He said he would send a savior, a king, to subject the entire world under a new covenant. That was Jesus.

The Messiah was prophecied about in the old testament to fulfill the old covenant and establish the new one.

Are you happy?
>>
Please explain this stupid shit: How is it Darth Vader can blow up an entire planet when ALLEGEDLY the federation enforces retarded laws like "the prime directive" which say not to kill aliens?
>>
>>77573634
>Old Testament
>literally the Jew Torah almost word for word

HOW IS IT NOT FUCKING PLAIN TO SEE that Christianity was CREATED BY THE JEW to destroy Rome

Christianity is LITERALLY Judaism with a "New Testament" tacked on to make it weaken the goyim
>>
>>77575858
You believe* Christ established a new covenant.

Muslims believe* Mohammad established a newer covenant.

You call him a pedophile for fucking a 9 year old, but ignore the fact that your precious Virgin Mary was like 13, and God is infinity, so he's an UltraPedo even if he fucks a 5 billion year old Human.

>If you don't believe in Muhammad it doesn't really matter to you, but to everyone else that's why Islam is correct

The fact you are blind that other groups claim the same things as you, yet you hypocritically oppose the same claims you made prior, is why religion is shit.
>>
>>77578596
>Alright. Fallacy of Faulty Comparison.

as people have been trying to explain to you it is a strawman and no one is entitled to provide logical arguments for your retarded mischaracterizations
>>
>>77578602

Atheists (that are not authoritarian anyway) have their logical reasoning often confused with hatred. It only seems hateful because the religious have very thin skin and do not like having their beliefs to ever be critically evaluated.
>>
>>77578707

A devastating argument based on knowing the Virgin Mary's age which is never described or detailed at any point.
>>
>>77578585
I am neither religious, nor Christian.

Your lack of nuance indicates that your supposedly non-retarded parents didn't bother to provide you with a decent education.
How truly sad.
>>
>>77578890

oh, and a straw man since no sexual contact was involved. But I can't tell you your premises are wrong because that would be christarded of me
>>
>>77574467
Why would DA JOOS defend Islam like this? And go to great lengths discrediting jihadwatch?

Sorry not buying it this time
>>
>>77573282
It's such a disingenuous argument. This issue of dietary questions was already worked out long ago. If pointing out how modern Christianity has mostly moved away from it's original tradition of diet, you have a VERY argument against it. I think any christian or modern Jew for that matter will willingly concede that dietary traditions have evolved. Anything to deflect from Islam looking bad. People killing people with nail bombs or going after Christians for eating shrimp, which one is morally relevant? hmm I wonder
>>
>>77578509

Christ is an objective truth. You may believe it's ridiculous superstition, but the fact is his ministry has had a profound effect on the world.

I can't say I blame you necessarily for not believing in his divinity. I was secular for some time, but came to Christ.

It takes more than a few shitposts on /pol/ to explain my positions.
>>
>>77578794
>mischaracterizations
>What's actually in the book, with citiations given, is a strawman and mischaracterization

And as people have been trying to explain to you, you look even more stupid the more you continue to make these rationalizations like they make sense.
>>
>>77573282
>Why do atheists think they're so clever when they cite old hebrew laws that were thrown out in the new testament? Do they assume any of this is news to Christians?

Jesus didn't throw those laws out, in fact he commanded that not a jot or tittle of them be thrown out until the final day of judgement.

It was Paul who said the Gentiles didn't have to follow Jewish laws.

You are now aware Christians are following the word of Paul, not the word of Christ.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 342x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 342x397
>>77578982
>I'm not religious
>anally annihilated when someone questions the bible

Sure you aren't buddy, sure you aren't.
>>
>>77578683

"HOW IS IT NOT FUCKING PLAIN TO SEE that Christianity was CREATED BY THE JEW to destroy Rome "

The central premise of Christianity is that the Jews not only betrayed their God and their King, an act of extreme dishonor, but that they were punished for it by having Jerusalem destroyed, including their sacred temple which was the holiest place in their worldview, something which was profoundly embarrassing and humiliating.

"But listen, Caiaphas, in two thousand years five percent of them will marry black people!"
>>
Show me one verse in the new testament where they say the laws from the old testament does not apply.

Watch this post get no responses.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 273x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 273x200
>>77575499
>Israelites Hebrewites blah blah blah

Do you even fucking know how to spell the world Jew?
>>
>>77578707

>Strawman

Christ died and was raised from the dead and had witnesses to the fact.

Mohammad received a vision and killed anyone who disagreed. I 100% believe Mohammad actually received a vision, but not from a holy source.
>>
Cherry picking - The Thread ™
>>
>>77574021
>>77578429
Well memed gentle sirs.
>>
>>77579136
Exactly what I'm saying mayne.
>>
>>77578890
>When his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, but before they lived together, she was found with child through the holy Spirit." Her age: It is very clear that Mary was betrothed to Joseph and marriage was imminent. The usual age for marriage under Jewish law is 13 for boys, 12 for girls.

Boom.

>>77578996
A claim that conception is possible through any means other than sexual contact, is a ridiculous statement that requires evidence. And no a circular logical claim that the Bible is evidence, does not work.
>>
>>77579299

Hebrews 8

Gosh that was hard I'm outta here!!
>>
File: 1465329799121.jpg (78 KB, 517x650) Image search: [Google]
1465329799121.jpg
78 KB, 517x650
>>77579311

>Being this historically illiterate
>Unironically using memes to represent world events

Kill yourself.
>>
>>77576864
>the Islam argument sounds the most logical
>flag

Gee achmed I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>77579362
>Christ died and was raised from the dead and had witnesses to the fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9uVj7wF8qM
>>
>>77579035
No one denies that religion had a massive impact on human development during the early stages of civilization. Anyone who attempts to deny this is either retarded or being disingenuous.

HOWEVER, that does not mean that religion today is relevant. Religion was a means of controlling the masses. While some may argue that it is still important today in order to rid our societies of the multiple forms of degeneracy present, you have to understand that there is far too much information available at people's fingetips to still fall for the meme that is religion.

You say Christ is an objective truth. I say fuck that, Zeus is an objective truth. Prove me wrong. Good luck.
>>
>>77576032
Met by a longer list of fucked up atheists? I don't see your point. Outliers don't make a trend.

Anon's friends are the norm when it comes to millennials who are atheist, while the average Christian is very different.
>>
>>77579483

"Boom," is that Kenyan for anachronistically applying talmudic Jewish traditions to first century Jews?

" claim that conception is possible through any means other than sexual contact, is a ridiculous statement"

What the fuck are you talking about? Women can conceive a child through artificial insemination, it's gotten to the point that we can turn a person's skin cells into artificial sperm for that conception. Well I guess the incredibly powerful mind that engineered and maintains the universe didn't have time to get a STEM degree, great argument man
>>
>>77579362
Replace Christ and Mohammad with Elvis and Aristotle and you'd be locked in a loony bin for believing stupid, crazy things.

Why does changing the names around magically make it sound less insane?
>>
>>77579513
(((Hebrews 8))) No thanks, the Jews will try to sell you anything.
>>
>>77579713

That's easy, Jesus actually exists.
>>
>>77579483
>A claim that conception is possible through any means other than sexual contact, is a ridiculous statement that requires evidence. And no a circular logical claim that the Bible is evidence, does not work.

It's possible in principle... there's no reason we couldn't one day evolve to be self fertilizing.
>>
by the way, great job quoting 9GAG verbatim for your bible commentary, it's good you're using peer reviewed scholarly material to inform your criticisms.
>>
>>77579845

Jews converted by the thousands all at the same time, and there are several eyewitness accounts to the resurrection.

It is the foundation for modern so society and everything you hold dear.

With all due respect, if you believe righteousness and wisdom are crazy and a waste of time, you are retarded and you are what is wrong with the world.
>>
>>77579726
Your argument defeats itself.

If your supposed God can waggle his pinky and change Mary's cells in her womb into an embryo that grew into a Human version of Himself, or really, do anything you claim he can do, where is the evidence of any of it except where it's written down in a 2k year old novel?

Artificial insemination is something we have NOW. Not something we've had BEFORE. So, again, you have no evidence for artificial insemination being possible, except for when we do it.
>>
>>77579870

"Give me evidence for Jewish religion."

"Nah that's written by a Jew."

This is why everyone makes fun of atheists.
>>
>>77573648

>Book that has "nicest person you ever met" and "complete fucking psycho" surrahs both in the same text
>Book that is ordered by length of Surrah and not chronologically leaves mostly older ones first but remains jumbled as fuck
>Entire moral foundation based in a Duality and the rules must be adhered to in islamic law or you must die
>Except when they dont
>Kill people for violating rules that don't even have to be followed except they must be followed at all times but not really but totally or we'll kill you
>Literally Religious "law" of paranoia, uncertainty and constant fear
>bit more batshit insane than others

You know the reason for the headscarf?
Because if they take it off their hair gives angels pseudo boners and they have to avert their gaze and leave.
Mohammed discovered this early on when he was seeing things and hearing things and thought the devil had him(it was an angel). Then he noticed if he saw his wifes hair or titties the spooky voices went away (one of the older ones not the 9 year old).

Bitch was probably just ragged.
>>
>>77580054
>It is the foundation for modern so society and everything you hold dear.

How so?

Would society really be that different if it Latinized via Sol Invictus, Mithras or the cult of Cybele?
>>
>>77573282

Why do liberals think they're so clever when they cite old laws in the Quran, yet ignore the Hadiths from Muhammad?
>>
>>77579891
Prove to me Zeus didn't
>>
>>77580054
>and there are several eyewitness accounts to the resurrection.

See
>>77579615
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 491x491
>>77579528
>no goy we don't claim to be the chosen people of God that's just ancient Hebrewites
>>
>>77580126

Theres no way to know, and it doesn't matter. All that matters is what actually happened.
>>
>>77573445
What is abrogation?

Try educating yourself before you spout off on a topic you know nothing about.
>>
>>77580054
Believing that any of the miracles or magical things that happened in the bible, actually happened, is not the same thing as believing in righteousness and wisdom.

You're an asshole.
>>
File: image.png (33 KB, 899x547) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33 KB, 899x547
>>77579891
>Jesus actually exists
>no source other than the bible
>>
>>77578843
From your description, I feel like Atheism is facing the same situation as the Vegan movement: a lot of vegans keep it to theirselves though there are many who not only oppose the lifestyle many people chose to live but also make people unease with their point of views. I, in no way, shape or form oppose their freedom of speech, they are free to say whatever they want. But being free to say and criticize whatever you want can and most likely will lead into disrespect, something that I chose to avoid. I do have critiques towards Christians but I wouldnt confront my family with them considering they gave me freedom to believe anything that I wished. I will happily and respectfully discuss with them if they ever sit down to discuss such topics with me aka when my opinion is asked. A lot of people that believe in the big religions are aware it has flaws, insisting in pointing them out even respectfully may just lead them being angry and them a massive circlejerk of hatred is spread. i am sorry anon, you may argue that the critiques are understood as harassments from the understanders point of view, but i dont think that making amd shoving down peoples throat aggressive criticism is the way to sort out any problem. If you arent like this, props to you. But talking to most atheists will most likely end up on them being disrespectful.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 688x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 688x456
>>77580114
>>
>>77580314

A cursory Google search will make you realize who stupid you sound
>>
>>77580471
>Google
>believing the electronic Jew

Top lel
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>77575087
Are you aware of the Apostle Paul's work? If you open the New Testament you'll notice he's there quite a bit and his life struggle was to include Gentiles into the Way without following antiquated Jewish laws such as the necessity of circumcision. The New Testament is about faith and not blindly following rules and rituals as the Jews did in the Old Testament. For fucks sake, the Old Testament revolves around animal sacrifice. Pick up the book and read it, retard.
>>
>Here's this person who is dumb
>He is X and you are X so you are also dumb

ALL CHRISTIANS BELIEVE THE EARTH IS 600 DAYS OLD I FOUND ONE DUMBASS WHO BELIEVES IT WHY ARE CHRISTIANS SO DUMB XDD
>>
>>77573282
Why do Christians feel so clever when they cite old Hebrew laws that were thrown out in the new testament?
Do they assume this is news to atheists?
>>77566644
>>
How can people not realize that these laws forbid pork and shellfish because people didn't know how to cook and store them properly?

The law was in place so that people wouldn't get sick!
>>
>>77580471
Not one historian during the time ever records the things claimed the happen in the bible, nor mention Jesus. Keep trying, christcuck.
>>
>>77580114
>2016
>Still worships a Jew
Stay cucked and mad Christfag.
>>
>>77580835
Shhhh, common sense doesn't work.
>>
>>77577611
>Arbitrary rules
Pretty good way to explain what the old testament is.
>>
>>77579513
And nowhere in that chapter does it say anything about disregarding the old laws.

Try again m8.
>>
>>77574023
this is rather funny because its true I could even picture a rabbi saying this
>>
>>77573445
That's like comparing the communist manifesto with Grimm's fairy tales.

The Quran is entirely explicit in meaning, and will always clarify what it is prescribing to its followers. Not to mention how up its own ass it is about be the final and unalterable word of Allah.
>>
>>77581047

"By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

great job kid that was one in a million
>>
>>77573282
I can't be bothered to find it now, but there is specifically a part in the New Testament where Jesus says he is "not here to erase the old teachings, but to uphold them" or some shit.
>>
It's funny how not so long ago the majority of /pol/ was anti gay, citing the old testament and labeling it degenerate, not anymore I guess.
>>
>>77573282
Why does christians get so triggered by people who doesn't believe in invisible space wizards?
>>
>>77581183
He says fufil, not uphold. I'm not entirely clear on its meaning though.
>>
>>77581183

I have not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it and it will not go away until all is fulfilled. The law was a contract God made with the Jewish people, he fulfilled the contract for them when he died on the cross. Since that contract was fulfilled, the new contract (testament) is made. The only things from the old contract that abide are those things that are specifically repeated in the new contract.
>>
>>77581308

im so triggered my ptsd is going through the roof because i encountered adults asking sunday school questions on a cartoon forum
>>
>>77575618
The prohibition against homosexuality was restated in Romans1, Acts 15 (all extranormative and extramarital sex is classified as porneia) and I Corinthians 5 and 6
>>
>>77581174
Covenant- (noun) an agreement.

So where exactly does it say the old laws ( (noun)-the body of divine commandments as expressed in the Bible or other religious texts.) were invalid m8?
>>
>>77581174
>Written by nobody knows
>Written after Jesus was said to be around
>Written to try to convince Jews to convert, by saying their book was no longer to be used

Keep trying.
>>
>>77580835
Exactly. Likewise, the point of kosher preparations was to reduce the likelihood of contacting blood-transmitted diseases.
>>
>>77573282

It's just symbol and metaphors, bro.
>yfw you realize the bible is a metaphor for being an atheist
>>
>>77574078
Pretty sure it was Paul that established this, Jesus' new covenant is the law but I think Paul added a bunch of shit when he was building the Church. Not 100% sure though
>>
>>77573648
>talks about the rejection of tradition with disgust
>is anti-judaism and pro-christianity
>>
>>77573282
Even if the Old Testament law is null and void, it's still a bunch of dumb retarded Jewish crap to have as the foundation for your religion.
>>
>>77575824
Not eating shellfish and pork can be quite rational my gypsy friend, especially in areas of low sanitation.
Now the Hebrews had higher levels of sanitation than their neighbours, as they practiced burial of waste (from the Law), quarantining of the sick, and washing of hands after touching a diseased person or a discharge. They were way ahead of contemporaries in these respects.

But it wasn't possible to keep these laws perfectly always in a busy city like Jerusalem.
Actually shellfish are dirty creatures, they are like the filtration system of the oceans. The idea of eating them is on the surface, a bit repulsive. We only like the taste of them because they are a bit rotting.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 750x652) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 750x652
>>77574078
1 Timothy 1:9-10, RSV-CE faaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
>>
>>77581629
>tfw Christfags will hold the 10 commandments up as a basis for law in the USA but don't realize that the Old Testament was put the bed
Bunch of fucking heathens.
>>
>>77575868
God condones slavery of his enemies, and does wipe them out from time to time. He giveth, and he can taketh away.
Also slavery in an economically primitive society makes sense. It is hardly different from some forms of wage employment.
Also slaves were to be looked after under the Jewish system. If a man killed a slave, it was murder. This wasn't really the case with the Romans
>>
>>77575872
Hipster trash
>>
File: 5765543123.jpg (46 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
5765543123.jpg
46 KB, 184x184
>"stop nitpicking from the religious script"
>mfw this is said by atheists, christians, muslims and anyone religious in general
both sides are equally retarded
thank god for glorious agnostic masterrace
>>
>>77576135
European history and cultural hegemony stem from the Bible. Had that not occurred, you wouldn't exist burgerbro
>>
>>77573445
The difference is that the Quran states it's the "literal word of God", as told by Muhammad perfectly, with no room for alternative interpretation because this is a "corruption"
It also states that because of this perfection if there are any contradictions between verses, the newer verse abrogates it and should be taken as Allah's will
It just so happens that the peaceful verses about loving one another were when Muhammad was gathering followers in Medina and the later verses were when he was slaughtering unbelievers in Mecca
>>
eating shellfish IS an abomination

who the fuck eats what is essentially sea-insects?

i have no problem with shellfish eaters ending up in hell fire.

regardless, the rule is that everything in the Old Testament remains true, unless explicitly done away with. so dietary laws, and anything to do with the ritual of the sacrifice (so priestly garments and all that shit)
>>
File: 13d321907fa72e3f.jpg (9 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
13d321907fa72e3f.jpg
9 KB, 231x244
>>77573282
How can you be red pilled and still believe in God? It's literally the original thought control experiment.
>>
>>77576318
Lithuania was the most pagan of all European nations. I think they practiced human sacrifice there before Christianity rescued you from barbarism (to a degree).

Its odd, because /pol seems to be calling for genocide all the time. But I have no problem with the notion that some groups of people could be deemed unfit to live. The human species, (and there are better and worse examples of this) often behave little better than vermin.
In any case, God's pronouncement against the Canaanites was going to be carried out one way or another. The Babylonians, Greeks and Romans all shared in eliminating Canaanite civilization. You can complain about it all you like, but it was fore-determined.
But when the Canaanites abandoned Baal worship with its child sacrifice and disgusting orgies, then they (the Lebanese) were allowed to remain
>>
>>77576704
>marxian-leftists and sjws are all atheists

checkmate
>>
>>77573282
>OUR RELIGIOUS BOOKS ARE JUST METAPHORS

>IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO

>WE DON'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE ANY OF THIS

Modern "christians" are hilarious.
>>
>>77582111
Mind control for population control
>>
>>77577533
You sound Catholic your grace
>>
File: cicero.jpg (46 KB, 736x433) Image search: [Google]
cicero.jpg
46 KB, 736x433
>>77574734
>You never hear about 'the new covenant' from Christians until they get butthurt over someone using the Old Testament against them

I'm a traditional Christian, and you're right. I don't do any of the things in OP's post, but I keep to myself about it.

Usually when Christians I know try to quiz me about it (once they know you've actually read scripture they try to shit test you with bits of it they looked up from their phone) they try and cite some logical nullification of whatever is inconvenient for them.

the actual details of how the new covenant works have more to do with how the Hebrew society worked before 50AD and the Roman sack of Jerusalem. It was after that the rabbinical Jewish school started and most Christians today read the scriptures like Jews, looking for loopholes to excuse their bad behavior.

I totally see why a lot of smart people don't respect casual Christians, that's why I keep my faith to myself, except for anonymous boards that are redpilled on the Jewish Problem.
>>
File: 1451430020914.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451430020914.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>77581308
>>
>>77582422
The more hardcore a christian is, the more retarded he is. This is an immutable fact of life.
>>
>>77582071
prawns- the cockroaches of the sea
>>
>>77582703
well leafed

the more atheistic a person is, the bigger an asshole he is, more arrogant, more condescending, more whiny, more hipster, less tolerable, less endurable. This is an immutable fact of life. So is it that those who use the word 'immutable' tend to be insufferable gits
>>
File: 1464867600659.jpg (28 KB, 543x533) Image search: [Google]
1464867600659.jpg
28 KB, 543x533
>>77581443
>he has never read the bible

Are you fucking joking right now? You don't know what covenant means in this case?
>>
>>77573282
It's just symbol and metaphors now because Christianity has been brought to heel. islam has not and that is the difference
>>
>>77581443
Hebrews 8:13 NIV

By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

QED
>>
>>77582844
You just had to try to out-shitpost the leaf, huh Australia?
>>
I can understand that some one believe in god and argues that "he" is not disproved. Fine. Faith is not a science and can't and shouldn't try to prove gods existence.

What I don't get is why people believe in so much retarded stuff. The whole: "god was born as a human (sorta) and died on a cross to make some sins go away or something, and he is also all powerful btw. But he still did that weird die on the cross thingy." Or all the cruelness, and people still say that he is a merciful nice guy. He just murder a bunch of people because he felt like it. Sure, you can say, this and that is symbolic. I am fine with stuff being symbolic, but why do the book symbolize god as a evil prick? And still going on about him being a nice guy.
>>
>>77582878
It means cut off part of benis and we bros, right?
>>
>>77578585
You got BTFO, boyo.
>>
>>77581444
Written by Paul before 65
32 years after Jesus, but still part of the scriptural canon
Not enforcing anything on ethnic Jews. Ethnic Jews still practised parts of the Law. But Galatians clearly shows that circumcision was not binding on Gentiles. Acts 15 clearly shows that only certain parts of what is known as the 'moral law' were applicable to Gentile Christians. Jews living in Jewish lands still obeyed most of the law since that was also the secular law which must be obeyed Romans 13:1
>>
atheists have trouble understanding the difference between everlasting commandments and temporary laws, what new
>>
>>77583122
cut myself on that edge
>>
>>77581444
>Show me one verse in the new testament where they say the laws from the old testament does not apply.

Was all you asked for. Moving goalposts isn't valid tactic.
>>
File: 1453077108370.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453077108370.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>77583195
Umm no Mehmed
>>
>>77578585
>God im glad my parents weren't retarded.

Now that's the biggest fantasy in the whole thread
>>
>>77583316
There is no edge. I just ask why people buy all that crap.
>>
>>77583218
It's written around 70-80 by Paul's disciple, most likely by Luke or Barnabas
>>
>>77574078
only moral ones, not ceremonial ones. That means gays sex is a mortal sin but you shouldn't kill them for it, for example.
Eating pork is ok because Jesus made all things unclean, clean. That is not only regarding food. For example if one examines the old testament, you will find that water had negative connotations, but after the sacrifice of Jesus you are supposed to be reborn out of water (and the Holy Spirit).
>>
File: 1464918570968.jpg (385 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464918570968.jpg
385 KB, 2000x1000
>>77583122
Dear oh dear.
>>
File: 1466079506544.png (80 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
1466079506544.png
80 KB, 455x455
>>77573282

>Complains about the bible
>Not a theologian or biblical scholar.

Discarded.
>>
>>77583473
I am serious. I can buy that there is one god. fine, but all those contradictions. How can folk swallow that?
>>
>>77573445
Bible, OT starts of fucked up. NT is more laidvback.

Quran starts off peaceful. Muhammad gets violent when his cult gets big.
Jesus died for his beliefs, Muhammad changed shit as he went along and killed people for his beliefs.
Buddha also died for his beliefs, OT Jews did. Only Muhammad was unwilling to give his life to his religion.
>>
>>77583122
Christcucks are the ultimate cucks. They LISTEN and BELIEVE, just like their false idol, yoshua benyamin, the jew, told them to. Meanwhile they hate all jews despite following one, and train themselves to offer their clothes, money and virginity to the first passing barbarian, as such is the teaching of their god.

But I digress. The point is that they merely LISTEN and BELIEVE so they don't care about the inconsistencies that are absolutely everywhere in the new testament, as opposed to the old. Their very nature is to be a super-SJW. Is it really any surprise, then, what the pope thinks and does with refugees? Of course not, not to anyone who's not a cuck anyway.
>>
>>77583436
Barnabas wasn't Paul's disciple. The letter was written with the authority of an apostle. Tradition attributes it to Paul. Actually it could have only been Paul. The writing style is more like Paul than Luke. Barnabas was likely dead by 80 anyway. Do you mean Timothy?
>>
>>77583218
>Written by Paul
[Citation needed]
>before 65
[Citation needed]
>but still part of the scriptural canon
Canon decided by everyone but Jesus and god
>Not enforcing anything on ethnic Jews
Never said enforcing. I said it was done to convince.
>>77583323
>Was all you asked for. Moving goalposts isn't valid tactic
Check ID. I never made the original challenge. Besides, that verse is more than nullified by what Jesus said about it.
>>
>>77583122
The fundamental basis for Christianity is complete retardation.
>god is all powerful
>god allows Satan (evil) to exist
>why doesn't god eliminate evil?
>well...uh...m-m-muh free will

I really try not to argue with the religious anymore but sometimes I can't help it.
>>
>>77583400
the idea that God has to create the universe in a way appeasing to you is more retarded m80
>>
>>77583588
>He just murder a bunch of people because he felt like it

This is not true. The pre-flood world was full of violence and hybrid demon-humans, Sodom and Gomorrah was full of sexual vice, and the Canaanite nations were as well, with their associated human (child) sacrifice, ritual sexual filth and castration. Never did God destroy a people without reason. Trouble is we can't see this because the modern world is so degenerate and is even more worthy of annihilation than some of those nations were.

The ransom stems from God's justice and Adamic sin. A price had to be paid for human sin and only a perfect human could pay it. But it also demonstrated that man could perfectly worship the Creator. Satan charged that Job only served God for what he could get out of it and that if he suffered he would curse God. Jesus proved perfectly that a perfect man could serve God under extreme test. Of course, this shows that Jesus wasn't God himself, as the scriptures show clearly if you take them in context
>>
>>77573445
except this is a false equivalence, as Christ reveals the True Word and his sacrifice nullifies the old heb laws. We are to live to his teachings and the new testament. the old testament is a reference guide, so a reader knows his past and the foundation for the new testament.

If I were to give you a book that said "this is an updated manual", wouldn't you want to know what the updates were?

> t. atheist
>>
>>77583621
Wait, I meant 60, not 80. I can't really find it being written with 'authority of an apostle', and the greek is much better than the greek of Paul's, but as you said the style isn't really the style of Luke's either..
>>
File: unbidden.jpg (71 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
unbidden.jpg
71 KB, 633x758
>>77583349
>>
>>77583617
Leaf on bro. Remember when you argue with your enemies, they win
>>
>>77583845
But Christianity is the only religion where god is supposed to have created the universe in a way appeasing to the majority. In every other religion, god is good and evil at once in various proportions, or even completely neutral.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.